PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Marcus Vick

Pages : 1 [2]

bakdoratbndcamp
01-07-2006, 09:35 AM
yes but not to make him a QB

SA_BUTTA
01-07-2006, 09:58 AM
I would give him a shot, I know he is not his brother but I think he has great potential.
I wonder what round he will be drafted?

popularwar
01-07-2006, 10:00 AM
In a heartbeat.

cowtowndick
01-07-2006, 10:03 AM
markus vick is an idiot. he's 2006's version of maurice clarette.

cnc66
01-07-2006, 10:03 AM
no, he is a punk

Syra39
01-07-2006, 10:07 AM
We don't need a headache like him. His off the field problems speak alot about him, but this latest incident,on the field,is absolutely astounding view of his character. I think a lot of pro-football people are thinking the same way.

aj13
01-07-2006, 10:14 AM
he wont ever change...

MiamiFan1354
01-07-2006, 10:15 AM
I'd spend a fourth on him and make him a return man or a change of pace back who would have the ability to throw. Maybe kinda like an Antwann Randle El

db lex
01-07-2006, 10:19 AM
id love to get this guy in the second day of the draft if he falls due to his off/on field problems. i think this guy is a gamer and though he is immature can be a great asset to this team atleast as a backup/situational QB and maybe even our Qb of the future.....

also im not saying to rest our QB hopes on this guy, but to bring in someone else like cutler/jacobs/quinn/etc. in the 1st or 2nd and draft this guy in the later rounds like 4-6 rnds and see what he can do on the field....i mean most of his stupidity comes from being immature and plus i think he is a "soldier" lol....

Pocoloco
01-07-2006, 10:21 AM
wrong place, try the draft forum

01-07-2006, 10:22 AM
The whole vick running around thing will not win ATL a superbowl. I doubt it would help Miami. There's at least 5 guys ahead of him in the draft they'd rather have.

popularwar
01-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Merge.

MNFINFAN
01-07-2006, 10:23 AM
The kid is not worth an UDFA selection. Serves him right for his arrogance, and as a previous poster said he is 06's Maurice Clarette, I am not sure if he has the maturity to be a pro.

FinsAreLife
01-07-2006, 10:26 AM
markus vick is an idiot. he's 2006's version of maurice clarette.

i have been thinking that myself, i think mike might be able to get some control over him, he has improved his attitude from when he started at VT, but still needs help....if he would of stayed there i believe he would of gone in the late 1st-2nd round in next years draft, hes a good qb, ot the athlete his brother is but is a better passer, just inexperenced

4evaFinz
01-07-2006, 10:31 AM
I would definately put a second day pick on this kid. I am thinking maybe we should keep four QB's next year. Two of which should be drafted (1st/2nd & 4th/5th).

Fresh
01-07-2006, 10:33 AM
I'd spend a 4th on Marcus Vick any day of the week.

SCall13
01-07-2006, 10:36 AM
If the draft was still 12 rounds, I wouldn't use a 12th rounder on him.

NJFINSFAN1
01-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Vick will be working at walmart with Maurice C!

Fresh
01-07-2006, 10:40 AM
I don't get all the replies talking about moving Vick to RB/KR. Marcus Vick's passing mechanics are without question better than Michael's. Mike Vick is not a great passer, but he's much better than anything we've had since Marino. Marcus Vick can easily develop into a very good pocket passer who can take off with the ball as well.

Also, comparing Marcus Vick to Maurice Clarret is premature. Maurice Clarret was so damn ignorant, he failed P.E. in college (I am not even joking).

Koehler13x
01-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Marcus Vick = Joke/Waste of Talent ... I'm sure they're reserving a cell for him right next to Maurice Clarett as we speak.

popularwar
01-07-2006, 10:42 AM
I don't get all the replies talking about moving Vick to RB/KR. Marcus Vick's passing mechanics are without question better than Michael's. Mike Vick is not a great passer, but he's much better than anything we've had since Marino. Marcus Vick can easily develop into a very good pocket passer who can take off with the ball as well.

Also, comparing Marcus Vick to Maurice Clarret is premature. Maurice Clarret was so damn ignorant, he failed P.E. in college (I am not even joking).

Blueprint gets what I'm saying. Vick has the potential to be really good, and with Linehan and Saban coaching him I don't doubt that he would be.

BLITZKRIEG
01-07-2006, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't waste my time with Marcus Vick. His brother is better, and that's not even saying much IMO...

PHINZ RULE!!!

IdahoPhin
01-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Vick will be working at walmart with Maurice C!

:lol: If Maurice isn't room mates with Cecil Collins.

Silverphin
01-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Who knows. Maybe the Saints pick him up.

cHaNgE
01-07-2006, 10:50 AM
marus is a better passer than mike, and im sure if we put marcus through "scared straight" and have him talk with laurence phillips, he'll see where the wrong path leads

umpalu
01-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Friday night, Marcus Vick told The Virginian-Pilot that he would turn professional. "It's not a big deal. I'll just move on to the next level, baby"

with that reaction to what he did? hell no i don't want him. His past already shows that he has a god complex and then he gives that answer!?! Has clarrett written all over him.

oteroed
01-07-2006, 11:05 AM
No, bad attitude. garbage player.

BLITZKRIEG
01-07-2006, 11:23 AM
I'd spend a 4th on Marcus Vick any day of the week.

I'm happy you're not the Phinz GM.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Canadi-Phin
01-07-2006, 11:32 AM
I used one of our 7ths on him. If we haven't already taken a young QB, and then I still may go for it depending on players available.

Gonzo
01-07-2006, 02:31 PM
The player from Lousiville had to sit out a series while the trainers looked at his leg. Keep in mind hes an all american DE and having him out a series was a big blow to the team. If you see the clip its obvious Vick meant to hurt him. The guy he did this to ( Elvis Dumervil) is projected to be a possible first round pick. A leg injury could have cost him alot.

To add salt to it all Vick claimed he contacted Dumervil and apologized. When asked about it Dumervil said he never received an apology.

He also leads the NCAA with 20 sacks. From what I read, his lying about the apology sealed the deal.

wazzy
01-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Alright now Vick is lying about his apology! Like this guy has one screw up after another and he is a loser and should not even be able to be drafted. People would die to be in his position.

1. His name alone would of made him a higher pick then his actual talent
2. He had a good buzz this year until he started screwing up like before
3. He cannot control a temper that causes him to look like a POS

I was all for giving up a 4th round pick for him but after hearing him lie about an apology! This just makes me sick I hope Saban looks passed this guy even in the 7th round if Vick is still there!

sodenj5
01-08-2006, 01:41 PM
If Marcus Vick is available in, say, the fourth round come April, do you think the Dolphins should draft him?

Obviously, character is a huge concern. He's had a lot of off the field problems in a short period of time, but there is no denying the kind of potential he has. He has first round talent.

Saban has shown he isn't afraid of taking players that have character concerns, and getting someone like Vick in the fourth round would be getting some serious bang for your fourth round buck. So do you think the Dolphins would take him with a mid fourth ronund pick, or do you think Vick will even be around in the fourth round?

The Confessor
01-08-2006, 01:47 PM
If Marcus Vick is available in, say, the fourth round come April, do you think the Dolphins should draft him?
God I hope not

Obviously, character is a huge concern. He's had a lot of off the field problems in a short period of time, but there is no denying the kind of potential he has. He has first round talent.
He has gotten into quite a bit of trouble in a short time. Not sure he would have been a first rounder before he did his monster stomp thing

Saban has shown he isn't afraid of taking players that have character concerns,

Not sure who you are talking about here. Seems like Saban actually keeps guys on a very short leash.

madmike
01-08-2006, 09:44 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if he goes UNDRAFTED!! plus living in miami he would be a criminal in no time.

twg76
01-09-2006, 12:37 AM
I think Vick will go no later than the fourth round. He may move up, if he does well at the combine. If he played his cards right before the draft, I bet he could move up to 2nd or 3rd round just because of his last name. Also, he does have alot of potential. He just has to grow up first.

madmike
01-09-2006, 12:50 AM
I think Vick will go no later than the fourth round. He may move up, if he does well at the combine. If he played his cards right before the draft, I bet he could move up to 2nd or 3rd round just because of his last name. Also, he does have alot of potential. He just has to grow up first.no way he goes 4th or earlier. everyone knows he has some major issues,6th if he's lucky,7th if your lucky and UNDRAFTED is my prediction unless his brother drafts him.:D

dominizzo
01-09-2006, 01:53 AM
MArcus Vick should get drafted by Atlanta and make him a Rb so his BRo can share the carries with him. What a loser Vick and Vick are

sports24/7
01-09-2006, 02:26 AM
I could see someone taking a chance on him earlier than he should go, but if the Dolphins draft him any higher than the 6th round I would be very unhappy. IMO he is not that good and is only hyped up because of his brother and his athleticism. He has never really showed me any reason to believe he is anything special. That being said he has great athleticism and a strong arm and could be a project and could be worth a 7th round pick.

Motion
01-09-2006, 02:57 AM
If Clarett went first day, Vick will.

finfansince72
01-09-2006, 04:15 AM
Some coach will take this kid. Coaches are conceited by inlarge. They will all think they can turn this kid around and make him into a star. I kind of think Saban could help him out but I really dont want Vick on this team, ever. Michael might be full of himself and I dont think he works on his game enough, but his brother has done some really disturbing things. Michael has always been a decent guy, Marcus seems like an entitled POS to me.

WestCoastPhins
01-09-2006, 05:27 AM
Actually atlanta taking him would make sense. Marcus with all his issues will probably be a backup. Since he is so similar to michael vick they wouldnt have a big adjustment at QB. And Mike could try to keep his brother in check when he isnt being ron mexico. So you get a decent backup QB that could always be learning from your starter and would play very similar so your recievers still keep the same continutiy.

Motion
01-09-2006, 05:44 AM
Actually atlanta taking him would make sense. Marcus with all his issues will probably be a backup. Since he is so similar to michael vick they wouldnt have a big adjustment at QB. And Mike could try to keep his brother in check when he isnt being ron mexico. So you get a decent backup QB that could always be learning from your starter and would play very similar so your recievers still keep the same continutiy.

And they could deal Schuab for a higher pick than Marcus would be taken with in the first place.

NorFlaFin
01-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Take away the last name "Vick", and hes an UFA.

Alex44
01-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Take away the last name "Vick", and hes an UFA.

Take away his last name and he isnt playing big time college football either

He got recruited to V tech for what his brother did, then sat behind a QB that the coaches thought was more talented.....That more talented QB isnt in the NFL now and Marcus Shouldnt be either

eric-in-tx
01-09-2006, 11:54 AM
one word...

TURD!!!!:shakeno:

Eric-Honduras
01-09-2006, 12:20 PM
dont want anything to do this with this loser... i bet he goes 6th round

CHRISCANEQB726
01-09-2006, 01:21 PM
clarret had a good season vick hasnt

MoFinz
01-09-2006, 01:37 PM
was another whole thread for this piece of garbage (Vick) warranted? I mean read the forums man, this isnt something new :shakeno:

greatwade
01-09-2006, 05:53 PM
http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=97878&ran=93331&tref=po

+ So what will his nickname be?

Don Mexico or New Mexico

Not too smart. I guess he'll be a Raider.

:goof:

Haournyie
01-09-2006, 06:02 PM
I just saw that Marcus Vick declared himself for this years draft. I heard he is as athletic as his brother but a better passer. Does anybody have an insight on that?? Should we go after him?? I personally think that if he is what I think he is (see above) go get him.

phinMikeDC
01-09-2006, 06:03 PM
he's got serious character issues, and really didn't prove himself as a great player when he was allowed to play. Definitely a late round flier, if at all.

And, he's too short, not as fast as his brother, and really not accomplished as a passer.

He was kicked off the team last year, played this year, but just got himself kicked again for unsportsmanlike conduct and at least one arrest.

Joneal7
01-09-2006, 06:03 PM
he just got arrested for doing something

ESPNews reports former Virginia Tech QB Marcus Vick was arrested Sunday, Jan. 8, and charged with three counts of brandishing a firearm following an incident in Suffolk, Va.

so this might mean hes gonna be a 2nd day pick

burger13
01-09-2006, 06:04 PM
He's not as athletic as Mike.....but he is a better pocket passer.

My big question with him is whether he has his head on straight and will work as hard as he will need to to succeed in the NFL.

BTW - prepare to get blasted for not putting this in the draft forum.

cmax13
he's got major character issues. alcohol and underage girls, dirty play, and today he was arrested for brandishing a gun at a mcdonalds in virginia.

NO!!

KB21
You must have missed that he was arrested yet again today on three counts of brandishing a firearm.

Let's see. He's now been arrested for delinquency of a minor, drug possession, wreckless driving, and now brandishing a firearm. This is on top of the attitude he presents when on the field, giving the bird to the West Virginia fans, and stepping on Elvis Dumervil's calf, lying about apologizing, and basically showing no remorse for getting kicked off the VT team.

If anyone drafts this guy at all, they need to be knocked in the head.

Haournyie
01-09-2006, 06:05 PM
BTW - prepare to get blasted for not putting this in the draft forum.

Ooops. Sorry I´m a newbie. But you guys are fast though.

elite14eva
01-09-2006, 06:09 PM
wow.

dolfn66
01-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Can you say "undrafted free agent"?

ckparrothead
01-09-2006, 06:11 PM
The name I came up with a while ago was Rod Jalepena.

Al13
01-09-2006, 06:11 PM
do you think because of all that trouble he will get drafted at all ?

campeonaso
01-09-2006, 06:13 PM
he looks a lot like mcmichael and i am not kiding

elite14eva
01-09-2006, 06:15 PM
do you think because of all that trouble he will get drafted at all ? i highly doubt it.

BennyVW
01-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Him and Clarrett can open up a burger joint and use it as a front for a meth lab. They'll use drugged 15 year old prostitutes to peddle their wares and get to the untapped market of 8-12 year olds. After contracting both herpes and AIDS they will repent their sins and enter the clergy, only to get kicked out for fondling young boys....

And the sad thing is i can see it happen...

ckparrothead
01-09-2006, 06:16 PM
You must have missed that he was arrested yet again today on three counts of brandishing a firearm.

Let's see. He's now been arrested for delinquency of a minor, drug possession, wreckless driving, and now brandishing a firearm. This is on top of the attitude he presents when on the field, giving the bird to the West Virginia fans, and stepping on Elvis Dumervil's calf, lying about apologizing, and basically showing no remorse for getting kicked off the VT team.

If anyone drafts this guy at all, they need to be knocked in the head.

Could not agree more. My god what a train wreck. Not even worth a ROSTER space. Robert Baker had 10 times his character, and that man was in prison for like coke dealing or something.

Kobe
01-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Him and Clarrett can open up a burger joint and use it as a front for a meth lab. They'll use drugged 15 year old prostitutes to peddle their wares and get to the untapped market of 8-12 year olds. After contracting both herpes and AIDS they will repent their sins and enter the clergy, only to get kicked out for fondling young boys....

:sidelol: :eek: :sidelol:

DolfanDaveInATX
01-09-2006, 07:10 PM

And Lawrence Phillips can show them the ropes.

FinNasty
01-09-2006, 07:20 PM
This is getting a little rediculous...
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2285819

PhinSoldia
01-09-2006, 07:22 PM
he got kicked off the team and he was in the draft, ok fine....but then you go and do something else that utterly ******ed and you just killed any draft pull you had coming in

Maurice Clarrett #2

Dolfan2788
01-09-2006, 07:34 PM
This years Clarrett, although I hoped that Clarrett would succeed, I hope Vick gets drafted and gets cut down when he doesn't expect it, he doesn't deserve anything.

umpalu
01-09-2006, 07:43 PM
let me refer to one of my messages from a few days ago in the draft vick in the 4th thread

Friday night, Marcus Vick told The Virginian-Pilot that he would turn professional. "It's not a big deal. I'll just move on to the next level, baby"

with that reaction to what he did? heck no i don't want him. His past already shows that he has a god complex and then he gives that answer!?! Has clarrett written all over him.

and today he pulls a gun and hello clarrett lol the prophecy is complete and vick goes undrafted

phins1381
01-09-2006, 07:44 PM
shows to every 1 now what a complete jerk he is

umpalu
01-09-2006, 07:45 PM
and th prophecy is complete. one of my posts from last friday before the gun was pulled

with that reaction to what he did? heck no i don't want him. His past already shows that he has a god complex and then he gives that answer!?! Has clarrett written all over him.

umpalu
01-09-2006, 07:49 PM
I used one of our 7ths on him. If we haven't already taken a young QB, and then I still may go for it depending on players available.

hmmm IMO glad your not my GM

Silverphin
01-09-2006, 07:49 PM

A little?

The Confessor
01-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Hell no. Once again showing his arrogance and ignorance, I quote once again
"It's not a big deal. I'll just move on to the next level, baby".

Yeah baby, I will want first row seats when you try to stomp on Ray Lewis's leg. What a first rate piece of crap. Actually I hadnt thought of it, but after with all the immaturity already shown by this bone-head, I bet he does end up in an alley robbing somebody after he gets axed from whatever team takes him next year....

callaway1234
01-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Read the whole thing, I didn't know about half of it. For those who want this guy on our team with this kind of rep (doesn't matter now, hopefully he'll be serving time, how much who knows):

Marcus Vick timeline
Sept. 2, 2003 — Suspended for one game by coach Frank Beamer for undisclosed reason.

Feb. 17, 2004 — Arrested without incident and charged with four misdemeanors - three for allegedly allowing the underage girls to have alcohol and one for allegedly having sex with a 15-year-old at a January party. Released on $2,500 bond.

May 14, 2004 — Convicted of three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined $2,250. Found innocent of having sex with the 15-year-old.

July 3, 2004 — Charged with reckless driving and possession of marijuana after a traffic stop about 25 miles east of Richmond at 2:30 a.m. Police said he was clocked at 86 mph, 21 mph above the speed limit, and that the vehicle stunk of marijuana.

July 6, 2004 — Indefinitely suspended from football team for off-field problems.

Aug. 3, 2004 — Suspended from the university for the 2004 season on same day he pleads guilty to reckless driving and no contest to marijuana possession in New Kent. Is fined $300, has driver's license suspended for 60 days and is placed in a first offender program on the marijuana charge, requiring that he perform 24 hours of community service, undergo drug counseling and random drug tests, and give up his driver's license for six months.

Sept. 13, 2004 — In plea deal, pleads no contest to one misdemeanor count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Receives 30-day suspended jail sentence, is fined $100, ordered to perform 24 hours of community service and stay away from the teenage girls.

Jan. 17, 2005 — Cleared to rejoin football team and re-enroll at Virginia Tech.

Oct. 1, 2005 — Leads No. 3 Hokies to 34-20 victory at West Virginia, and makes obscene gesture to fans who have been calling him names related to past problems throughout the game. He apologized a day later.

Dec. 17, 2005 — Pulled over by police in Hampton for driving 38 mph in a 25 mph zone and driving with a suspended license.

Jan. 2, 2006 — Leads Virginia Tech to a 35-24 win over Louisville in Gator Bowl. In the game, he stomped on the left calf of Cardinals All-American defensive end Elvis Dumervil, the NCAA sacks leader. Claims the incident was accidental and that he apologized to Dumervil, who denies ever receiving apology.

Jan. 6, 2006 — Is kicked off team at Virginia Tech for legal trouble and unsportsmanlike conduct in Gator Bowl.

Jan. 9, 2006 — Turns himself in to police, is charged with pulling a gun on three teenagers during an altercation in a restaurant parking lot.

edit: fixed format and link: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5234222

UtahPhinPhan
01-09-2006, 08:10 PM
No No No No What a freaking punk! I hope somebody picks him up and some defensive lineman welcomes to next level BIG time! But at this rate it looks like the next level will be from county jail to State Penitentiary.

oodolphins
01-09-2006, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't spend a pick on this moron. He doesn't see what kind of opportunity he has in front of him. He is throwing it all away.

Marcus Vick = Loser :shakeno:

FinNasty
01-09-2006, 08:12 PM
I would spend a 6th...

South Florida
01-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Its like a dream.

We can get him in, like, the 6th round now.

And I'm serious.

Would you rather he or Cleo as our 3rd?

MiamiDolphins34
01-09-2006, 08:13 PM
I would spend a 6th...

We dont have a 6th :tongue: Id spend a 7th.

johngarry
01-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Yo South...homeboy ain't EVEN gonna get drafted...he's screwed the pooch on that deal...best hope for him, is post-draft signee...if dat!

The Confessor
01-09-2006, 08:19 PM
I would spend a 6th...:shakeno:

I dont think he has any tools that Cleo Lemon doesnt have, and we already have Lemon. Plus, just reading on another thread that he might not be available for ohhhh about 3 years....

Hey nasty, your the one that started this thread. WTF?

Lazy1
01-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Its like a dream.

And I'm serious.

I'd rather see him locked up in jail.

Dors156
01-09-2006, 08:20 PM
i would maybe take the risk.nick saban is a good disipline for marcus.you all ways hear thoses storys about troubled players that are bout to hit rock bottom then someone helps them.maybe this can be one of those turn around storys

callaway1234
01-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Yea, I thought there could have been a possibility he could have been a 6th/7th round pick, but not after this IMO... I would definitely rather have Cleo as our 3rd, not based on talent (noone knows what EITHER can do in the NFL- I'd still give Cleo the edge on that argument) but I don't think Saban would want a player with that kind of rep on his team.

^^^^
could be, but he seems too childish and cocky to want to listen to someone's reasoning.

Jimmy James
01-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Somebody will still risk a pick on him if you ask me.

I'd rather have him than TO. His explosive activities only implicate him. Owens is the rare sort of player who can blow up a whole team. He has done it twice...

rafael
01-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Its like a dream.

And I'm serious.

Cleo, the best athlete (or QB) in the world won't do us a lick of good while he's serving a jail sentence. This guy seems to have no impulse control, possibly a violent streak and a drinking problem and shows an impressive tendency to be noticed by law enforcement.

callaway1234
01-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Jimmy James, that's the kinda thing I think Marcus would do too... don't know if he would/could gain the respect of his teammates unless he actually changed and also worked his butt off on the field.

elite14eva
01-09-2006, 08:31 PM
i'd take a chance but not a high draft pick.

phinfan2003
01-09-2006, 08:32 PM
I think the guy is probably having a hard time w/ being Michael Vick's brother at VT and how he couldn't fill his shoes. Until today, I was ok with using a 2nd day pick on him but after this, no way. The guy has real issues. I think Mort said it best when he said that you can deal w/ character issues at pretty much any position except the QB position. I'd rather look for someone else.

I'm all for giving the guy a 2nd chance but I wouldn't use a draft pick to give him that chance.

The Confessor
01-09-2006, 08:32 PM
I bet Denver takes him in the third round:cool:

Ruderic
01-09-2006, 08:33 PM
I'd rather see him locked up in jail.

YEAH!

endorphin
Its like a dream.

And I'm serious.

It's more like a NIGHTMARE!

....and I'd rather have Cleo as our 3rd; at least I could trust he would be available and not in Jail.

If Vick can't stay out of trouble in VA, what do you think he'd do in Miami???

elite14eva
I bet Denver takes him in the third round:cool:lol :lol:

endorphin
01-09-2006, 08:35 PM

I'd rather have him than TO. His explosive activities only implicate him. Owens is the rare sort of player who can blow up a whole team. He has done it twice...

TO may be a dik, but he is no criminal...and if you were counting in Vick and his expolsive activities occured, it could very well affect the team if he is behind bars...where he BELONGS!

FemaleFinFan
01-09-2006, 08:35 PM

I'd rather him than TO too. If we can get him 6th or 7th and not pay him a whole lot of money, league min, I'd take the risk. Let him hold the clipboard for a few years and see how his abilities/attitude progress.

The Confessor
01-09-2006, 08:37 PM
I think the guy is probably having a hard time w/ being Michael Vick's brother at VT and how he couldn't fill his shoes.

I would agree with this to some extent, but this guy has done some pretty bad things, and for the most part been pardoned.
I am actually a little miffed that some of you would endorse this guy getting payed the kind of money he would make in the NFL after pulling some of the stunts he has. JMO

mbsinmisc
01-09-2006, 08:38 PM
I watched Mexico Jr. a couple of times this year. I thought he was a pretty good prospect. He has dug a hole for himself, I wonder if he has the a$$ to dig himself out?

svnrdr
01-09-2006, 08:38 PM
It's more like a NIGHTMARE!

....and I'd rather have Cleo as our 3rd; at least I could trust he would be available and not in Jail.

If Vick can't stay out of trouble in VA, what do you think he'd do in Miami???

I'd rather have Cleo as well...Vick would not do anyone much good while he sits in jail shaking with his back against the wall.

DolfanCole
01-09-2006, 08:40 PM
TO may be a dik, but he is no criminal...and if you were counting in Vick and his expolsive activities occured, it could very well affect the team if he is behind bars...where he BELONGS!
Marcus' actions have had nothing to do with the team though whereas TO's actions have. So as far as a teammate is concerned, there's no question that I would rather have Marcus.

Now, Marcus' actions, while childish, immature, and whatever other label people want to put on them, they don't mean that he belongs in jail. That's a little overboard IMO.

phinfan2003
01-09-2006, 08:41 PM
I would agree with this to some extent, but this guy has done some pretty bad things, and for the most part been pardoned.
I am actually a little miffed that some of you would endorse this guy getting payed the kind of money he would make in the NFL after pulling some of the stunts he has. JMO

Because he is a Vick, that may have bought him a few more chances than say you or me had we done the same things especially at VT. I say the most we do for him is sign him as an UDFA and that's it. I'm all for giving this guy a chance I just don't want it to cost us anything if he doesn't change as a person.

DolfanCole
01-09-2006, 08:42 PM
I watched Mexico Jr. a couple of times this year. I thought he was a pretty good prospect. He has dug a hole for himself, I wonder if he has the a$$ to dig himself out?
I watched every game as I'm a VT alum. I think Marcus has a lot of talent, and can throw the ball very well. He's definitely not ready for the NFL though and really could have used that last year of eligibility.

And don't worry about his a$$. He posted $10000 bail today. I wonder where that money came from. Hmmm....

The Confessor
01-09-2006, 08:45 PM
I watched every game as I'm a VT alum. I think Marcus has a lot of talent, and can throw the ball very well. He's definitely not ready for the NFL though and really could have used that last year of eligibility.

And don't worry about his a$$. He posted $10000 bail today. I wonder where that money came from. Hmmm....

I wonder if that $10000 personal check had a nice large RON MEXICO embossed on it....:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

DolfanCole
01-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Because he is a Vick, that may have bought him a few more chances than say you or me had we done the same things especially at VT. I say the most we do for him is sign him as an UDFA and that's it. I'm all for giving this guy a chance I just don't want it to cost us anything if he doesn't change as a person.
What does that mean? I know you're not suggesting that VT has a soft side with respect to it's athletes. If you are, you're going to have to provide proof, because I haven't ever seen any. In fact, everything points to VT not having a soft side, but being intolerant.

PhenomenalPhin
01-09-2006, 08:50 PM
This kid is ridiculous ... Sounds to me like he has a lot of growing up to do. I think a team will definatley take a gamble on him, but for some reason I don't see the fins doing it because we will get a QB in the first day, or via free agency.

DolfanCole
01-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Allow me to backtrack some ... the local radio had not stated the charge so strongly as that mentioned in the article (which I didn't read before my earlier post). The radio report did not mention that he had pointed the gun at anyone. If that's true, then yes, he should get some time behind bars.

Dolphin North
01-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Yea, I thought there could have been a possibility he could have been a 6th/7th round pick, but not after this IMO... I would definitely rather have Cleo as our 3rd, not based on talent (noone knows what EITHER can do in the NFL- I'd still give Cleo the edge on that argument) but I don't think Saban would want a player with that kind of rep on his team.

^^^^
could be, but he seems too childish and cocky to want to listen to someone's reasoning.

I agree with you. You only want guys you know you can count on. Say, is that Ricky Williams in your avatar?
Just kidding, I really agree with you though.

endorphin
01-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Marcus' actions have had nothing to do with the team though whereas TO's actions have. So as far as a teammate is concerned, there's no question that I would rather have Marcus.

Now, Marcus' actions, while childish, immature, and whatever other label people want to put on them, they don't mean that he belongs in jail. That's a little overboard IMO.

You don’t feel brandishing a weapon on 3 teenagers, contributing to the delinquency of minors and having sex with a minor are jail-able offences??? That’s being a little bit too liberal for my tastes…

…and you don’t think Marcus’ actions have nothing to do with the team? Who is the starting QB for VT? It is not MV! How can that be seen as not affecting the team?

Personally I would not want EITHER of them, but if I HAD to choose one, gimme TO!

The Confessor
01-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Here is a posting off of another thread...BTW

rafael
01-09-2006, 08:53 PM

Well the stomp alone is a criminal battery. It occurred outside the scope of usual football activity. The sex with minors stuff could also be statutory rape. And you get enough DUI's and you'll end up in jail as well.

DeathStar
01-09-2006, 08:54 PM
i would take him in the 6th or 7th. why not have him as the 3rd stringer?

umpalu
Its like a dream.

And I'm serious.

you are the weakest link. goodbye. please go root for the bills now.

first he will now go undrafted so why waste a pick on him. second why pick him up as a free agent and waste the $10.95 in cap space it will cost sign and cut him. We can go to the dollar store and get little debbies for saban with that money.

endorphin
Allow me to backtrack some ... the local radio had not stated the charge so strongly as that mentioned in the article (which I didn't read before my earlier post). The radio report did not mention that he had pointed the gun at anyone. If that's true, then yes, he should get some time behind bars.

Whew! you scared me man!

Disregard my last post then. I thought for a second you might be Gloria Allred! :D

FemaleFinFan
01-09-2006, 08:56 PM
you are the weakest link. goodbye. please go root for the bills now.

first he will now go undrafted so why waste a pick on him. second why pick him up as a free agent and waste the $10.95 in cap space it will cost sign and cut him. We can go to the dollar store and get little debbies for saban with that money.

:sidelol:
YUM!

DolfanCole
01-09-2006, 08:57 PM
You don’t feel brandishing a weapon on 3 teenagers, contributing to the delinquency of minors and having sex with a minor are jail-able offences??? That’s being a little bit too liberal for my tastes…
Brandishing a weapon ... yes (I backtracked in an earlier post). The delinquency and having sex with minors was all consensual. So, for those, I would say no.

…and you don’t think Marcus’ actions have nothing to do with the team? Who is the starting QB for VT? It is not MV! How can that be seen as not affecting the team?
None of Marcus' actions were directed at his teammates though. TO has called out Garcia and McNabb publicly. Marcus has done nothing or said anything to any of his teammates to have them question their relationship on the football field.

Noodle Arm
01-09-2006, 08:57 PM
I still don't understand why anybody would want him on the team. He's a jail sentence waiting to happen.

DolfanCole
01-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Whew! you scared me man!

Disregard my last post then. I thought for a second you might be Gloria Allred! :D
:sidelol:

I forget how it was stated on the radio station. But, I live in Hampton and in "Vick Country". So, the news I get may be a little construed.

The Confessor
01-09-2006, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=umpalu]. We can go to the dollar store and get little debbies ......../QUOTE]

Wait a minute, wasnt eating little debbie's one of his crimes. The guy is out of control. Thinks he is untouchable and can get away with whatever he wants.... Not a good type of attitude to have on an NFL team....

FemaleFinFan
01-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Brandishing a weapon ... yes (I backtracked in an earlier post). The delinquency and having sex with minors was all consensual. So, for those, I would say no.

None of Marcus' actions were directed at his teammates though. TO has called out Garcia and McNabb publicly. Marcus has done nothing or said anything to any of his teammates to have them question their relationship on the football field.

Technically speaking, they are jailable offenses. Depends on whether or not the DA/Families wish to press charges.

phinfan2003
01-09-2006, 09:00 PM
What does that mean? I know you're not suggesting that VT has a soft side with respect to it's athletes. If you are, you're going to have to provide proof, because I haven't ever seen any. In fact, everything points to VT not having a soft side, but being intolerant.

No need to get testy dude. I see you're from VA but this wasn't an indictment on VT and their dealings with their athletes (although ironically, this was the subject of criticism on ESPN radio the other day). The fact that he's the brother of Michael Vick, arguably the most famous person to attend VT, who donates millions to the school and has a building named after him there (from what I hear on ESPN. I've never been there so I couldn't tell you) its going to afford him "opportunities" that you or I wouldn't get. If you don't think this is true, then you don't live in the same USA that I live in.

endorphin
01-09-2006, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=chuckcole]Brandishing a weapon ... yes (I backtracked in an earlier post). The delinquency and having sex with minors was all consensual. So, for those, I would say no.[QUOTE]

Even if the sex is consentual, sex with a minor is a crime. But that is off topic I guess.

I'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Honus Joglund
01-09-2006, 09:01 PM

I wouldn't doubt it. Maurice Clarrett found someone to waste a third rounder on him, I could definately imagine someone taking a flyer on Vick in the 7th.

phinfan2003
01-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Technically speaking, they are jailable offenses. Depends on whether or not the DA/Families wish to press charges.

I think you can get away with that in some parts of the country especially in the parts where there are more cows than people. :escape:

DolfanCole
01-09-2006, 09:04 PM
I still don't understand why anybody would want him on the team. He's a jail sentence waiting to happen.
Before today, I would have said that he gets drafted in the later rounds (in fact, I did say that today). But after today, that's highly questionable. However, if Vick happens to get out of this current situation, I really think someone will pick him up. The reason I say this is that I believe that the kid has talent. That's how his situation is different than that of Maurice Clarette's. If other team GM's think so too, then I can't see all of them passing up on him. There's got to be at least one that will think that they can turn him around off the field so he can develop and show his talent on the field.

I don't know the timetable on the charges and court system as to whether things will be settled before the draft. But, I would anticipate that he would like them to be.

FemaleFinFan
01-09-2006, 09:05 PM
I think you can get away with that in some parts of the country especially in the parts where there are more cows than people. :escape:

:lol:
Well in my part of the country you can't.
We have more rats then people!:tongue:

Regan21286
01-09-2006, 09:05 PM
This guy seems worse than Clarett. Only team I'd figure who'd pick him up with a late round flier is his brother Michael's team, who is incidentally interested in their mutual cousin Aaron Brooks. Family ties and a HC who thinks he can turn him around are all Marcus has for him.

DolfanCole
01-09-2006, 09:07 PM
No need to get testy dude. I see you're from VA but this wasn't an indictment on VT and their dealings with their athletes (although ironically, this was the subject of criticism on ESPN radio the other day). The fact that he's the brother of Michael Vick, arguably the most famous person to attend VT, who donates millions to the school and has a building named after him there (from what I hear on ESPN. I've never been there so I couldn't tell you) its going to afford him "opportunities" that you or I wouldn't get. If you don't think this is true, then you don't live in the same USA that I live in.
Sorry 'bout that. I'm a VT alum and the way that I interpreted your initial post just hit a nerve. But, we're cool dude.

Vick does contribute a lot to the university. And you're probably right in that he may have received some preferential treatment. But, he's also received much more scrutiny that someone with a different last name. So, maybe it all comes out as wash. I don't know.

The Confessor
01-09-2006, 09:09 PM

NO you didnt just go that route did you:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

DolfanCole
01-09-2006, 09:10 PM
True. But, he was found innocent of the charges.

BringBackBerlin
01-09-2006, 09:13 PM

And the sad thing is somebody will still give him a chance....

FemaleFinFan
01-09-2006, 09:15 PM

True. But I wonder how? Was there a trial? Or did the DA decide not to press charges, which isn't the same thing as being found innocent.

Just my curosioty (sp?):confused:

The Confessor
01-09-2006, 09:19 PM

Maybe so, but a college dude having sex with a 14 year old? Not only that but the QB of the mentioned college football team. I guess things have changed since I was in school, but the guy couldve gotten any "Of Age" girl he wanted....
There is another guy in California that was found innocent of sex with minors this year... maybe you have heard of him? Hint he wears weird white gloves and njoys hanging babies out of windows.

DolfanCole
01-09-2006, 09:20 PM
True. But I wonder how? Was there a trial? Or did the DA decide not to press charges, which isn't the same thing as being found innocent.

Just my curosioty (sp?):confused:
I'm pushing further and further off topic ... but, I would think that if the DA didn't press charges (i.e., the charges would be dropped), there wouldn't be anything on record. But, it was stated in the article that he was found innocent of the charges which implies a trial. I can't say for sure though which event happened.

DolfanCole
01-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Maybe so, but a college dude having sex with a 14 year old? Not only that but the QB of the mentioned college football team. I guess things have changed since I was in school, but the guy couldve gotten any "Of Age" girl he wanted....
There is another guy in California that was found innocent of sex with minors this year... maybe you have heard of him? Hint he wears weird white gloves and njoys hanging babies out of windows.
Wow, that's a pretty far stretch.

The girl stated that she was older (18, I believe). Now, I know that you've seen 15-year old girls (it was 15, not 14) that look older. Yeah, he might have been able to get any "of age" girl, but he thought that he did.

rafael
01-09-2006, 09:25 PM

By definition sex with a minor can't be consensual. They don't have the power to consent.

DolfanCole
01-09-2006, 09:31 PM
By definition sex with a minor can't be consensual. They don't have the power to consent.
Okay, you got me. :D

Amars
01-09-2006, 09:31 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Amecaugf_TUDbB3A8L3U2KU5nYcB?slug=ap-t25-vickarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns

this guys is a idiot

Amars
01-09-2006, 09:33 PM
I'll pass.

endorphin
01-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Maybe he pleaded insanity by stating he was crazy about her...Booooo

Jimmy James
01-09-2006, 09:43 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. Maurice Clarrett found someone to waste a third rounder on him, I could definately imagine someone taking a flyer on Vick in the 7th.

The only way I could see it not working out that way is if we know by the draft that it's likely he will be spending a year in jail for brandishing the weapon. Even in that case, I wouldn't be shocked to see some team sign him to a deal and wait him out like Miami did with Wale healing up.

havingaporpoise
01-09-2006, 09:48 PM
yeah, lets get him, so we can end up with no quarterback at all again, when he is sitting in a Miami jail for who know what.....

Vertical Limit
01-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Marcus Vick Arrested on Firearms Charges

Monday, January 9, 2006
RICHMOND, Va. - Former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick, booted from the team last week for his behavior on and off the field, was charged Monday with pulling a gun on three teenagers during an altercation in a restaurant parking lot.

Vick surrendered at the Suffolk magistrate's office after three warrants were issued for his arrest Sunday, Magistrate Lisa Noel said.

The 21-year-old Vick was charged with three misdemeanor counts of brandishing a firearm, and was released on $10,000 bond.

Police said the parents of a 17-year-old boy reported that Vick pointed a weapon at their son and two others during an altercation at a McDonald's in Suffolk, a southeastern Virginia city where Vick's mother lives, Sunday night.

If convicted of all three counts, Vick could be sentenced to up to three years in jail and a $7,500 fine, police spokeswoman Lt. Debbie George said in a statement.
No thanks.

Hope he enjoys a long 3 years.

Jimmy James
01-09-2006, 10:05 PM
No thanks.

Hope he enjoys a long 3 years.

This isn't like Sean Taylor's potential 3 years minimum mandatory sentence. It would be quite notable if Vick got convicted of all three charges and served the statutory maximum. His record just isn't that bad at this point, though he is driving toward a very bad record very quickly.

CD13
01-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Would you? For a 4th or lower i would.Is he entering the draft?

As long as we installed metal detectors at practice. In all seriousness, he has got athletic ability, but I would pass on this disaster waiting to happen.

Danny
01-09-2006, 10:58 PM
I don't want him or TO or anyone like them.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny
01-09-2006, 11:01 PM
I don't want him on our team even if he wants to play for free and it doesn't cost us a pick.He can go get a real job and take TO with him.Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee Nick, don't do it.

Ozzy rules!!

madmike
01-09-2006, 11:11 PM
If the draft was still 12 rounds, I wouldn't use a 12th rounder on him.GREAT POST!!!!!!! HE"S A BUM. :down: :shotgun: whoever takes him GOODLUCK!!!!!:sidelol: :sidelol:

FinNasty
01-09-2006, 11:13 PM
:shakeno:

I dont think he has any tools that Cleo Lemon doesnt have, and we already have Lemon. Plus, just reading on another thread that he might not be available for ohhhh about 3 years....

Hey nasty, your the one that started this thread. WTF?

I didnt start this thread... I started another one about it...

madmike
01-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Yo South...homeboy ain't EVEN gonna get drafted...he's screwed the pooch on that deal...best hope for him, is post-draft signee...if dat!I KNOW U AIN"T LYING!!!!!!! :D

josekareh
01-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Could the NFL avoid those types of people (players), I mean I have never seen a player that steals, kills, carries weapons or else turning into GOOD PROS. Mostly the go overrated into the draft and when they are signed they would do something stupid and after a while the get fired and go to jail.... Recall Cecil Collins..

I mean, these guys are children's heroes, and besides they should be role models don't you think??

GO FINSSS:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

CashInFist
01-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Could the NFL avoid those types of people (players), I mean I have never seen a player that steals, kills, carries weapons or else turning into GOOD PROS. Mostly the go overrated into the draft and when they are signed they would do something stupid and after a while the get fired and go to jail.... Recall Cecil Collins..

I mean, these guys are children's heroes, and besides they should be role models don't you think??

GO FINSSS:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Marcus Vick in the 6th?

Roman529
01-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Vick might be doing a few years in the slammer. What a waste.

FinNasty
01-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Marcus Vick in the 6th?

I would...

but back to the thread... Ray Lewis turned out to be a sure HOF LB...

GoonBoss
01-09-2006, 11:28 PM
The guy makes Cecil Collins look stable.

DolfanISS
01-09-2006, 11:31 PM
WHO CARES. Name the last QB with a Vick like playing style that has won a SB??? You can't because it's never happened. These guys are fun to watch, but if I want entertainment I go to the movies. When it comes to the Dolphins I want to win a SB.

Jimmy James
01-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Vick might be doing a few years in the slammer. What a waste.

He faces at most 36 months of misdemeanor time. I'd be surprised to see him do 6 months of that even if he's convicted of all 3 counts. Nobody should take this as legal advice -- if you face three class one misdemeanors in Virginia, please consult a knowledgable attorney.

South Florida
01-09-2006, 11:32 PM
WHO CARES. Name the last QB with a Vick like playing style that has won a SB??? You can't because it's never happened. These guys are fun to watch, but if I want entertainment I go to the movies. When it comes to the Dolphins I want to win a SB.

Name the last Quarterbacks with arms and feet like the Vick brothers

Jimmy James
01-09-2006, 11:33 PM

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Cecil did some seriously disturbed ****.

NewEra8
01-09-2006, 11:33 PM
Jamal Lewis too haha Who else on the ravens?

Nicky Napoleon
01-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Now this MORON was supposedly running around a fast food resturaunt waiving a gun .....which last time I checked is BAD, particularly for a guy on probation......:lol: He may WANT to go pro, but he may have to want in one hand and duece in the other and see which one fills up first.

Nicky Napoleon
01-09-2006, 11:35 PM
He faces at most 36 months of misdemeanor time. I'd be surprised to see him do 6 months of that even if he's convicted of all 3 counts. Nobody should take this as legal advice -- if you face three class one misdemeanors in Virginia, please consult a knowledgable attorney.

JJ the problem is isnt he still on probation from one of his previous dumb acts....... :dolphins:

DolfanISS
01-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Name the last Quarterbacks with arms and feet like the Vick brothers

Still don't care. Name a Vick with Tom Brady's smarts and success. Thats what I'm looking for.

Roman529
01-09-2006, 11:36 PM

I am sure this is not the end of trouble for Little Vick...some guys just can't stop....like Maurice Clarett. If I had that kind of talent I would be in bed with a glass of hot milk and cookies at 9 pm every night. :D

Jimmy James
01-09-2006, 11:38 PM
JJ the problem is isnt he still on probation from one of his previous dumb acts....... :dolphins:

You mean possession of marijuana and a bunch of traffic tickets? I wouldn't think he would be, and I wouldn't think he'd face much in the way of consequences in any show cause hearing for violating his probation even if the counties he committed those crimes in were inclined to request such hearings. Again, this isn't legal advice. If you're on probation in Virginia and are conceivably facing a show cause hearing, consult a qualified attorney.

Jimmy James
01-09-2006, 11:40 PM
I am sure this is not the end of trouble for Little Vick...some guys just can't stop....like Maurice Clarett. If I had that kind of talent I would be in bed with a glass of hot milk and cookies at 9 pm every night. :D

Oh, I hear you. Somebody needs to intervene in young Vick's life before he does something that will get him in serious trouble. If that doesn't happen, this pattern will repeat until he does a long stretch.

finfan32
01-09-2006, 11:42 PM
if ive said it once ive said it 5 million times.......marcus vick is the most overrated talent at qb since ryan leaf........people thought i was crazy back on nov.5 when i had a thread called "marcus vick is overrated", but i know now that i have the last laugh.

Fin_Fanatic
01-09-2006, 11:42 PM
he'll still be selected before he should be in the draft. his last name is vick and he does have some talent. i think he was at a mcdonalds when he flashed the piece..... happened a mere 30 minutes from where i live lol

Dol-Fan Dupree
01-09-2006, 11:44 PM

Well the last QB with a Vick like playing style was Vick. Good point.

fishypete
01-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Only if he would QB the Rikers Island team.

Boik14
01-09-2006, 11:55 PM
I hope marcus realizes he cant point a gun @ the defense like he did to some teenagers today.

DolfanISS
01-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Well the last QB with a Vick like playing style was Vick. Good point.

Playing style, there have been many, Cunningham, Flutie, Tarkenten, Stewart, McNabb and McNair (before they started staying in the pocket more often) natural athletic talent, you are right. But that's 2 different things. All I needed to see was that game in Chicago to draw the conclusion that Mike Vick will NEVER lead his team to an SB unless they got lucky and avoided a really solid defensive team in the playoffs. He was chucking it up for grabs all game and looked lost. He's as dumb as a donut. Judging from his rap sheet I'd have to conclude his brother is dumber. Why so many hair brain schemes at the QB position here at Finheaven????

ffphin
01-09-2006, 11:58 PM
I couldn't have said it better!! No to Vick!!

Alex44
01-10-2006, 12:01 AM
This Just in Marcus Vick is the #1 Selection in the NFL Draft

The National Felons league

PhinsTD
01-10-2006, 12:04 AM
If Vick were smart, he'd go down to a 1AA team and play a year there. His stock is so low right now that he's going to be a late pick and may not be drafted at all.

Tons of talent, either needs to grow up or really is just a bad guy.

Amazingly, if he is smart enough to take it, he'll get another chance at the 1AA level to prove which one it is.

Nicky Napoleon
01-10-2006, 12:05 AM
This Just in Marcus Vick is the #1 Selection in the NFL Draft

The National Felons league

Hes also slated to star in the next remake of "The Longest Yard"

Urlithani
01-10-2006, 12:06 AM
A friend of mine bet me $5 that Miami will draft Marcus Vick.

I took that bet. I'll be $5 richer in April!

(If Miami does draft Vick, I will revoke the rights to my firstborn child to Saban...and disagree very strongly!)

_dan24
01-10-2006, 12:23 AM

not really...

twg76
01-10-2006, 02:37 AM
So I heard that Marcus Vick pulled out a gun on some teenagers this week on ESPN. What a goon. I thought the leg stomp they week before was just a "hyped up" thing because he was in a football game. But now this shows the guy is just a troublemaker. Forget him.

apa64che
01-10-2006, 09:53 AM
I was on this site a week or so ago, defending marcus. Not really defending his stomping in the Gator Bowl, but just that hes just a kid who hasn't learned to behave himself yet. Well, to me, it takes a man to admit he was wrong. This kid is one of the dumbest morons ive ever seen. It's one thing to make some stupid choices in your life, and learn not to do them again, but it seems this kid is hell-bent on throwing his chances and opportunities down the toilet. He is a talented kid, but he obviously has some serious problems.

apa64che
01-10-2006, 09:55 AM
From now on, i'll reserve my comments about this punk until (if ever) he turns his life around. I still think he's talented, but hes not so talented that one could look past his of-the-field problems.

Idaphin
01-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Vick and Clarett are real tragedies. Young fellows who have essentially wrecked promising careers. Clarett tossed millions of bucks out the window and will probably never play again. Vick may get someone to give him a shot if the cost is not too dear. I hope they both get a second (third?) chance and have the sense to take it and make it.

BennyVW
01-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Him and Clarrett can open up a burger joint and use it as a front for a meth lab. They'll use drugged 15 year old prostitutes to peddle their wares and get to the untapped market of 8-12 year olds. After contracting both herpes and AIDS they will repent their sins and enter the clergy, only to get kicked out for fondling young boys.... The only thing left will be to get sex changes and spend their last days turning Trix's in Birmingham....

News Update-- Vick has signed with his new super agents-- John Avery and Nate Newton!

apa64che
01-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Him and Clarrett can open up a burger joint and use it as a front for a meth lab. They'll use drugged 15 year old prostitutes to peddle their wares and get to the untapped market of 8-12 year olds. After contracting both herpes and AIDS they will repent their sins and enter the clergy, only to get kicked out for fondling young boys.... The only thing left will be to get sex changes and spend their last days turning Trix's in Birmingham....

News Update-- Vick has signed with his new super agents-- John Avery and Nate Newton!

:sidelol: Oh sure, anyone can predict in generalities. Let's have some specifics man!! j/k

BennyVW
01-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Marcus Vick arrested for Nazi war crimes
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifThe sad saga of former Virginia Tech quarterback went from bad to even worse this morning with the news he has been detained by U.S. Justice Department officials for Nazi war crimes during the 1940s.
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif“The gun arrest the other day at the McDonald’s caught me by surprise,” said Virginia Tech head coach Frank Beamer, “but this one, uh, I definitely can say I didn’t see this one coming at all. It’s shocking. Our records say Marcus wasn’t even born until 1984, but apparently he was exterminating Jews a good 40 years before that. You know, I’m starting to get the impression that this stuff is never going to end with Marcus. He has some real problems.”
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifAccording to the Justice Department, Vick personally oversaw the killing or more than 30,000 people at Dachau as a captain in the Nazi German army. U.S. officials plan to extradite Vick to Germany for trial by the end of the month.
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif“Every time I think Marcus has bottomed out he seems to drop even lower,” said Beamer. “First it was the incident where he got those little girls drunk, then the drunk driving and the speeding with suspended license stuff. Then he stomps on that guy’s leg and goes and gets himself arrested for brandishing a gun at a McDonald’s. And now it’s the Holocaust. You know, I’m even starting to think all these rumors that he killed Christ might be true.”

http://www.sportspickle.com

This is a joke obviously, sometimes known as Satire...

Vertical Limit
01-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Hahahaha. Oh man..

BennyVW
01-11-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm thinking he will be available in the third round...

MDFinFan06
01-11-2006, 06:25 PM
I was wondering whats up with him. Can he even participate in the draft? If so what round are people thinking. Could be a talented qb in a later round?

Canadianfishfan
01-11-2006, 06:26 PM
hes a bum... hope he never sniffs the NFL.. and franlkly i dont know if he's good enough.

byroan
01-11-2006, 06:27 PM
When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

SuperBankz
hes a piece of trash i hope he spends time in jail and gets a nice little talk by a guy named bubba

larfo2224
I believe that he can participate in the draft but will not be invited to the combine, so he will have to schedule private workouts. I hope that no team even comes close to drafting him. He may have some talent, but is probably just scratching the surface of his problems.

Cobra
01-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Marcus is a bum.....period. Just ask the UM Defense.

UltraDol-Fan
01-11-2006, 06:44 PM
I hope he gets drafted by Atlanta as Mike's backup

Regan21286
01-11-2006, 07:05 PM
I hope he gets drafted by Atlanta as Mike's backup

He'll be signed as an undrafted FA by the Falcons unless it's evident Marcus is going to see jail time.

tylerdolphin
01-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Did you see him stamp on the guys leg? No way. Not to metion everything else.

fins5423
01-11-2006, 08:14 PM
hes a bum and a thug and has always been over rated just like his brother Micheal Vick!

dominizzo
01-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Like i said before vick needs to go be reunited with his bro mike

unifiedtheory
01-11-2006, 09:05 PM
I was wondering whats up with him. Can he even participate in the draft? If so what round are people thinking. Could be a talented qb in a later round?

Vick is a piece of crap...I would'nt sign him as an undrafted free agent as training camp fodder.

finbear
01-19-2006, 09:09 AM
If Marcus doesnt go to jail we should draft him.He has alot of talent and he is only 20 years old.When he matures his behavior problems should go away.It is a risk but he will be cheap.

Disgustipate
01-19-2006, 09:11 AM
If Marcus doesnt go to jail we should draft him.He has alot of talent and he is only 20 years old.When he matures his behavior problems should go away.It is a risk but he will be cheap.

I'm not sure whether this thread should be sent to the Draft Forum or just deleted.

LdoubleE80
01-19-2006, 09:12 AM
or the poster just banned?

finmann
01-19-2006, 09:13 AM

absolutely not........

HugeFinFan
01-19-2006, 09:14 AM
This guy is mentally a wreck right now. He can't stay out of trouble, so I pass on him till he proves otherwise. Shame too, everyone knows he's got the talent.

Firemedic18
01-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm.........how about no.

MiamiDolphins34
01-19-2006, 09:22 AM
or the poster just banned?

Banned for what? :rolleyes:

slyfox13
01-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Hey maybe we can get t.o,maurice clarett,onterio smith and his whizzinator cheap too????

NJFINSFAN1
01-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Vick = Thug = Jail = Arena league

tay0365
01-19-2006, 10:17 AM

No way, on QB talent alone, he is not even in the top 10 of the College QBs coming out this year, while he is a top 5 (Probably #1) of all the College QBs, on potentially being the biggest disruption.

SCall13
01-19-2006, 10:31 AM
I'm not sure whether this thread should be sent to the Draft Forum or just deleted.

I vote DELETED

Philter25
01-19-2006, 11:53 AM

Way to build up your credibility. 4 posts and you are "ignore" worthy. :lol:

SF Dolphin Fan
01-19-2006, 12:39 PM
No way, the last thing you need is your team leader having the type of issues Vick has. He might even go undrafted despite having talent.

BennyVW
01-19-2006, 12:46 PM
He was just endited for War Crimes....

The sad saga of former Virginia Tech quarterback went from bad to even worse this morning with the news he has been detained by U.S. Justice Department officials for Nazi war crimes during the 1940s.
“The gun arrest the other day at the McDonald’s caught me by surprise,” said Virginia Tech head coach Frank Beamer, “but this one, uh, I definitely can say I didn’t see this one coming at all. It’s shocking. Our records say Marcus wasn’t even born until 1984, but apparently he was exterminating Jews a good 40 years before that. You know, I’m starting to get the impression that this stuff is never going to end with Marcus. He has some real problems.”
According to the Justice Department, Vick personally oversaw the killing or more than 30,000 people at Dachau as a captain in the Nazi German army. U.S. officials plan to extradite Vick to Germany for trial by the end of the month.
“Every time I think Marcus has bottomed out he seems to drop even lower,” said Beamer. “First it was the incident where he got those little girls drunk, then the drunk driving and the speeding with suspended license stuff. Then he stomps on that guy’s leg and goes and gets himself arrested for brandishing a gun at a McDonald’s. And now it’s the Holocaust. You know, I’m even starting to think all these rumors that he killed Christ might be true.”

http://www.sportspickle.com/archives/volume5/2006-0111.html

Frank B
01-19-2006, 01:11 PM
I won't insult you finbear, but adding Marcus Vick to this team, even as a free agent pickup, would be a bad idea. Huizenga is very concerned with the image the franchise projects in the community. It has nothing to do with Vick the player. Marcus Vick the person should not be a Miami Dolphin.

IdahoPhin
01-19-2006, 01:31 PM

:eek: :nono:

SeahawkFinFan
01-19-2006, 03:10 PM
I can see one good use for him. Someone should pick him up for the minimum as an undrafted rookie free agent, and then just have him get hammered returning punts. Not necessarily on our team, of course, but it would be fun to see.

Kucha
01-19-2006, 03:16 PM

He may never mature, or mature when his in his mid to late 30s. He's shown no indication of a willingness to grow up as a person. Not worth it, imo.

Roman529
01-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Just say no to Marcus Vick....he is a total loser.

endorphin
01-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Convickt

1stDownRBrown
01-19-2006, 07:53 PM
I think he'd be worth a look if we only have to use a 7th round pick or could just sign him. Look.. here's the deal.. about half the players in the NFL are thugs.. get over it.. Marcus is just a ******* who hasn't learned what he can and can't get away with. I believe Jamal served some time this summer.. Ray Lewis was on trial for a much more serious matter.. I believe Sean Taylor is facing almost the exact same charges as Marcus is this summer... The fact that he is so damn dumb just makes sense because you don't get the brains and the brawn... he got all brawn no brains..unfortunate for him.. but he's got a better arm than Mike and just as fast, he lacks some smarts and illusiveness on the run.. otherwise I think he'll be a pretty good QB once his head comes out his arse and he gets some anger management treatment. Everyone was saying the same thing about Ricky when he left, but now that he's back and putting up W's I don't hear anyone bitching about his pot habit.. Same with Marcus, if he could become a decent QB and not get suspended nobody would give a crap he got in trouble like 6 times in a 3 year span during college.

I agree he's an idiot and a loser.. but he's also a pretty good QB.. If he had a clean slate and maybe got VT to the Orange Bowl I think he'd be a legitamite 1st-2nd rounder... so VT didn't make the Orange Bowl.. his stock slips to 3rd-5th round.... he pulls a gun on some kids at a McD's... 6th, 7th.. or undrafted... all the better for the Dolphins! His talent level didn't drop, his stock just did.. buy low ppl.. buy low!

Kucha
01-20-2006, 11:12 AM
I think he'd be worth a look if we only have to use a 7th round pick or could just sign him. Look.. here's the deal.. about half the players in the NFL are thugs.. get over it.. Marcus is just a ******* who hasn't learned what he can and can't get away with. I believe Jamal served some time this summer.. Ray Lewis was on trial for a much more serious matter.. I believe Sean Taylor is facing almost the exact same charges as Marcus is this summer... The fact that he is so damn dumb just makes sense because you don't get the brains and the brawn... he got all brawn no brains..unfortunate for him.. but he's got a better arm than Mike and just as fast, he lacks some smarts and illusiveness on the run.. otherwise I think he'll be a pretty good QB once his head comes out his arse and he gets some anger management treatment. Everyone was saying the same thing about Ricky when he left, but now that he's back and putting up W's I don't hear anyone bitching about his pot habit.. Same with Marcus, if he could become a decent QB and not get suspended nobody would give a crap he got in trouble like 6 times in a 3 year span during college.

I agree he's an idiot and a loser.. but he's also a pretty good QB.. If he had a clean slate and maybe got VT to the Orange Bowl I think he'd be a legitamite 1st-2nd rounder... so VT didn't make the Orange Bowl.. his stock slips to 3rd-5th round.... he pulls a gun on some kids at a McD's... 6th, 7th.. or undrafted... all the better for the Dolphins! His talent level didn't drop, his stock just did.. buy low ppl.. buy low!

You got a point but Sean Taylor is facing a Felony whereas Marcus is facing a Misdemeanor. HUGE difference between both. If convicted, Sean Taylor could serve several years in prison if he has an @** for a Judge...and Ricky isn't a thug and never was. Just a loner type that quit on his team. No criminal offense there although us Fins fans had plenty reason to be offended.

finfansince72
01-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Well we always need bodies on the practice squad, why not?
Seriously though, I do think it would be good for Vick if Saban coached him. He has built relationships with trouble people like Ricky and seems to be able to reachout to someone like T.O., I think Saban could be a good influence.
The problem is, I don't think Vick is going to be a good Qb in the NFL. Hes not the runner his brother is and hes not a great passer. He might be a solid backup, potential starter down the road but I doubt he will ever be an effective starter in the NFL. So while it would be good for him, I dont see the value for us to spend the time and effort, and draft pick to bring him in.
Hes young I hope he turns his life around, Id hate to see anyone end up in jail or dead on the street.

Bumpus
01-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Hell NO!

The Confessor
01-20-2006, 11:50 AM
It has nothing to do with Vick the player. Marcus Vick the person should not be a Miami Dolphin.

Almost, actually Vick the person should not be in the NFL, or Vick the person should be incarcerated.
Funny how talent will allow some people to overlook what an absolute flop of a human being somebody is.
Cmon, this dirtbag has already been convicted of getting a 15 year old girl drunk while being a junior in College, he has been caught stomping on another guys leg in a game and now he brandishes a firearm in a Mcdonalds parking lot.

I hope they lock him up and throw away the key....Dirtbag

houtz
01-20-2006, 05:16 PM
He's definately a second day draft pick. But i'd have to believe someone out there is going to take a chance on him. If he changes himself as a person he'd be a great pick up. But I don't really wanna see him in a fins uniform.

VanDolPhan
01-20-2006, 05:38 PM
He's definately a second day draft pick. But i'd have to believe someone out there is going to take a chance on him. If he changes himself as a person he'd be a great pick up. But I don't really wanna see him in a fins uniform.

Doubtful. With the current string I bet he goes undrafted.

Roman529
01-20-2006, 06:15 PM
I think the Atlanta Falcons would take Marcus Vick with their last pcik on Day 2, just so that he gets drafted....but I don't see him making anyone's squad....he will be good in NFL Europe or maybe the Canadian League.

Prime
01-20-2006, 06:39 PM

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

I sure hope you was only kidding.

dolphan117
01-20-2006, 07:40 PM
When you have to start a "draft this guy" post by saying somthing about drafting him as long as the player isnt in jail...........