PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Marcus Vick

Pages : [1] 2

Dors156
10-27-2005, 08:47 PM
From what i am seein tonight he is one hell of a QB.he could fit in miamis system perfectly.

Ghetti13
10-27-2005, 09:04 PM
He is less athletic and does not possess the arm strength of his brother but I tend to agree that he COULD be better.

Marcus still has a ways to go, but you can see that his upside as a passer is much higher than Michael.

I think that Michael is more electric, but Marcus can be the better Quarterback because he will not necessarily be such a liability to his teams passing game like Michael is for Atlanta.

Dors156
10-27-2005, 09:14 PM
He is less athletic and does not possess the arm strength of his brother but I tend to agree that he COULD be better.

Marcus still has a ways to go, but you can see that his upside as a passer is much higher than Michael.

I think that Michael is more electric, but Marcus can be the better Quarterback because he will not necessarily be such a liability to his teams passing game like Michael is for Atlanta.

remember a QB has to throw not run:D

Ghetti13
10-27-2005, 10:48 PM
That is why Marcus can be better than Michael

Miamifin23
10-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Did anyone watch the Va Tech game last night. Vick went 22-28, and showed that he can throw the ball against a solid team. He will be a better QB than his brother Mike, he has the ability to break off the runs like Mike, but he also has shown in his 1st season that he can throw the ball. He will only get better, I feel that if he was in the draft this year, that I would love to see the Dolphins select him. He has the ability to change the game like his brother, but also can sit in the pocket and throw the ball. He will lead Va Tech to an undefeated season, and if he stays in school next year, he will for sure lead Va Tech to a national title.

Phinz
10-28-2005, 12:05 PM
I was only able to watch the highlights. I like him but I don't know where he is at or will be at on the draft boards. Obviously his stock is rising. I think we will probably be drafting pretty high. I don't see us in the top five. Where he is probably going to end up.

touborg
10-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Vick was awesome last night, especially considering it's only his 8th start. If he continues to develop, he's guaranteed first rounder 2007. Top 10.

@@@
10-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Vick went 22-28, and showed that he can throw the ball against a solid team. He will be a better QB than his brother Mike, At Virginia Tech Mike Vick led the nation in passer rating on his way to the national title game and had far better stats than marcus has, yet still can't throw the ball consistantly well against an nfl defense. We'll see how marcus does in the pro's but i'm not optimistic

Canadianfishfan
10-28-2005, 12:07 PM
I wasn't impressed with him 2 weeks ago.. but he did look very good last night.

Jimmy James
10-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Vick was awesome last night, especially considering it's only his 8th start. If he continues to develop, he's guaranteed first rounder 2007. Top 10.

If he keeps this pace up, it's not hard to imagine him as the first pick in the 2007 draft.

Dolfan4life!
10-28-2005, 12:28 PM
8 Starts as a college QB... Can you say RAW? And he's too short.

kastofsna120
10-28-2005, 12:28 PM
i'd like for the dolphins to get him, too. we need another receiver

Mike13
10-28-2005, 12:52 PM
I said it before and I'll say it agin, overrated.

t2thejz
10-28-2005, 01:15 PM
He probably wont leave anyway.

DolfanCole
10-28-2005, 01:19 PM
At Virginia Tech Mike Vick led the nation in passer rating on his way to the national title game and had far better stats than marcus has, yet still can't throw the ball consistantly well against an nfl defense. We'll see how marcus does in the pro's but i'm not optimistic
Not true. Marcus has better passing stats. Mike has better rushing stats. Marcus is a much better passer ... Just ask Mike, he'll tell you the same thing.

DolfanCole
10-28-2005, 01:20 PM
He probably wont leave anyway.
I sure hope not. With only 8 starts so far and his past troubles, he's not ready. He's a junior this year. He should stay in school and light it up next year at VT.

LoneWulF
10-28-2005, 01:23 PM
the fact that hes only had 8 starts and performs well consistently shows he adapts well. he does have a really good supporting cast around him though, which makes it easier to perform well. but i wouldnt mind getting him. i think vince young is better though. and brady quinn

Nappy Roots
10-28-2005, 04:07 PM
i'd like for the dolphins to get him, too. we need another receiver

me to. hes going to be a good winning QB. and yes we do need a WR. . . . i dont know what we are gunna do bout that though. :confused:

kastofsna120
10-28-2005, 05:22 PM
me to. hes going to be a good winning QB. and yes we do need a WR. . . . i dont know what we are gunna do bout that though. :confused:
your vick-love is sickening. what's even worse is you only like marcus because you're in love with his brother

Nappy Roots
10-28-2005, 05:27 PM
your vick-love is sickening. what's even worse is you only like marcus because you're in love with his brother

hehehehehehehe, yup!:D

im probably the least bias person you'll ever met. Mike has nothing to do with marcus

Roman529
10-28-2005, 07:01 PM
I for one think Michael Vick is the most overated QB in the NFL. Yes, the Falcons have been winning a lot of games, but I think it is due in large part
to a much improved defense. Vick can break off the long runs, but he
rarely throws for more than 200 yards or for 2+ td's, and quite often he throws
a couple INT's or fumbles it. I'll pass on Little Vick.

dolphan117
10-28-2005, 07:54 PM
I for one think Michael Vick is the most overated QB in the NFL. Yes, the Falcons have been winning a lot of games, but I think it is due in large part
to a much improved defense. Vick can break off the long runs, but he
rarely throws for more than 200 yards or for 2+ td's, and quite often he throws
a couple INT's or fumbles it. I'll pass on Little Vick.

I agree that Michael isnt playing as well as I would want him to. The problem I have is that people seem to assume that Marcus is Michael 2.0, he isnt. He hangs in the pocket far longer than Michael ever has and has only started 8 games. I am not saying he will THE NEXT GREAT QB but he needs to be judged on what he does on (or off :() the field, not what his brother has or hasnt done.

finfan32
11-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Last week i told everyone that M. Vick would not be a good pro QB, and people thought i was crazy (you know who you are). Well look at him now, way to inmature, and cant play against a good D!

Joneal7
11-05-2005, 11:14 PM
because its all about the U

G-Force
11-05-2005, 11:15 PM
This is the only game I've seen a team do this to him. This is his first year as a starter and he has handled himself pertty well until this game. I am going to wait till next year to judge him. Michael and their high school coach said Marcus is better and I was starting to beleive it he has a great arm and usually good accuracy. Michael I thought would'nt make it long in the pros because of how much he runs and don't slide. Marcus is always looking to throw first and when he does take off he can fly and knows how to get out of bounds and slide.

touborg
11-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Let's actually watch a full game. You're in the same crowd that labeled Brown a bust after two weeks.

He's playing against the best D in the nation, he's started 9 games in his career, and he's looked a ton better after the break.

So be quiet, have a beer and watch the rest of the game.

thetrue
11-05-2005, 11:18 PM
This is the only game I've seen a team do this to him. This is his first year as a starter and he has handled himself pertty well until this game. I am going to wait till next year to judge him. Michael and their high school coach said Marcus is better and I was starting to beleive it he has a great arm and usually good accuracy. Michael I thought would'nt make it long in the pros because of how much he runs and don't slide. Marcus is always looking to throw first and when he does take off he can fly and knows how to get out of bounds and slide.
Michael Vick didn't slide in his first couple of years but he does now.

touborg
11-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Last week i told everyone that M. Vick would not be a good pro QB, and people thought i was crazy (you know who you are). Well look at him now, way to inmature, and cant play against a good D!

Also, calling someone immature doesn't really work if you can't spell the word yourself.

Zeke0123
11-05-2005, 11:20 PM
Winston is a MONSTER :eek:

touborg
11-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Winston is a MONSTER :eek:

Yea, I was really suprised by his speed. He is moving around like lightning.

G-Force
11-05-2005, 11:23 PM
Michael Vick didn't slide in his first couple of years but he does now.Don't get me wrong I like to watch Mike it's just that he gets injured alot. I'm not saying he's stupid either just that he may try a little too hard sometimes when it's not necessary to try for a couple of extra yards.

Jimi
11-05-2005, 11:24 PM
G-Force have you watched the game tonight? Hes been looking to Run every single play almost. and his stats are decieving, he should have atleast a couple more picks.

MDFINFAN
11-05-2005, 11:24 PM

I just hope our RB Brown runs as good as Miami's backup RB, C. Brown tomorrow against Mark's brother's team.

finfan32
11-05-2005, 11:27 PM
Let's actually watch a full game. You're in the same crowd that labeled Brown a bust after two weeks.

He's playing against the best D in the nation, he's started 9 games in his career, and he's looked a ton better after the break.

So be quiet, have a beer and watch the rest of the game.

when did i say brown is a bust, im sorry, maybe your 14 year old sister is dating marcus, i might have offended you but he sucks. hes inmature because of his offield trouble. by the way its a MB, we can compare college exam score another time. idiot.

Mod Edit: No personal attacks.

touborg
11-05-2005, 11:31 PM
when did i say brown is a bust, im sorry, maybe your 14 year old sister is dating marcus, i might have offended you but he sucks. hes inmature because of his offield trouble. by the way its a MB, we can compare college exam score another time. idiot.

Please, atleast spell "immature" right once tonight.

I'm saying you're in the same crowd that throught Ronnie Brown was a bust after two games. Vick has far more natural QB ability than VY for example, and he's having a horrible game against arguably the best D in the country. Now you can spell all kinds of words wrong, but he is still a fine QB.

Rocky Raccoon
11-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Im not a huge follower of college football, and I havnt seen much of Marcus Vick... but seriosuly, because someone has a bad game, doesn't mean he's overrated.

SweepeR
11-05-2005, 11:34 PM

if you are the one to call r brown abust then get the @#$@$ out of here. your commments are BS. Vick has one bad game n u call him overrateD? get out of here. until you become a bit more intelligent, dont post ever again. thanks.:shakeno:

finfan32
Please, atleast spell "immature" right once tonight.

I'm saying you're in the same crowd that throught Ronnie Brown was a bust after two games. Vick has far more natural QB ability than VY for example, and he's having a horrible game against arguably the best D in the country. Now you can spell all kinds of words wrong, but he is still a fine QB.

your right, but mike vick has potential and doesnt show it, vince young is a leader, marcus has 5 turnovers tonight buddy. he can play good against georgia tech, but cant play good against a top 5 D. vince young plays well against top 5 D's (see ohio state game).

touborg
Im not a huge follower of college football, and I havnt seen much of Marcus Vick... but seriosuly, because someone has a bad game, doesn't mean he's overrated.

Thank you, voice of reason.

finfan32
11-05-2005, 11:35 PM
if you are the one to call r brown abust then get the @#$@$ out of here. your commments are BS. Vick has one bad game n u call him overrateD? get out of here. until you become a bit more intelligent, dont post ever again. thanks.:shakeno:

hey idiot, i never called brown a bust, i thought brown is way better than caddy, see the rest of the post, you are officially the village idiot.

Mod Edit: Read the TOS.

finfan32
11-05-2005, 11:38 PM
its funny...i get trashed talk to by people in other countries, that have never seen the dolphins play. you people make me sick, if miami didnt need a QB, you'd be saying the same thing im saying right now.

G-Force
11-05-2005, 11:39 PM
G-Force have you watched the game tonight? Hes been looking to Run every single play almost. and his stats are decieving, he should have atleast a couple more picks.I missed the first half but everyone has bad games where their decision making is a little off. From what I have seen as soon as he gets the ball the canes are already in the backfeild and he is constantly having to worry about being blindsided look he just was. This is his first start in a real rivalry game and the U would be ranked 1 or 2 if it wasn't for that poor kicking game against FSU. Give him till next year then we will see. This is not my first time watching him I am a Canes fan then comes the acc in football and IMO is the best conferance in the country hands down. You have to bring it every week or get smashmouthed like BC got from the HEELS today. This is the first game that Marcus has looked bad to me and in the ACC that is tremendous for a first year starter.

touborg
11-05-2005, 11:41 PM
your right, but mike vick has potential and doesnt show it, vince young is a leader, marcus has 5 turnovers tonight buddy. he can play good against georgia tech, but cant play good against a top 5 D. vince young plays well against top 5 D's (see ohio state game).

You're a complete idiot.

Mike Vick has potential, VY is a leader and Marcus has 5 turnovers?

First of all, his name is Marcus, not Mike. Mike is his brother, please, if you can't separate them, please, don't participate.

You want to know what separates VY from Marcus? VY tucks the ball, and if the reciever isn't completely open he will run it. Marcus will throw it first, with way better touch than VY after only starting 9 games in his career, and if it isn't there, he will move.

Now you can stick to whatever ESPN tells you, or you can actually watch the games.

Mod Edit: You know better then that. Don't attack anyone.

touborg
11-05-2005, 11:43 PM
its funny...i get trashed talk to by people in other countries, that have never seen the dolphins play. you people make me sick, if miami didnt need a QB, you'd be saying the same thing im saying right now.

I not only watch the Fins play every week, a own every single game they play on DVD.

And it has to suck having someone in another country correct your English, fool.

finfan32
11-05-2005, 11:43 PM
You're a complete idiot.

Mike Vick has potential, VY is a leader and Marcus has 5 turnovers?

First of all, his name is Marcus, not Mike. Mike is his brother, please, if you can't separate them, please, don't participate.

You want to know what separates VY from Marcus? VY tucks the ball, and if the reciever isn't completely open he will run it. Marcus will throw it first, with way better touch, after only starting 9 games in his career, and if it isn't there, he will move.

Now you can stick to whatever ESPN tells you, or you can actually watch the games.

before you jump to conclusions, i was talking about mike vick having potential and not living up to his NFL career.

ether79
11-05-2005, 11:45 PM

Just because he lives in another country he can't watch the Fins play? :shakeno:

Clark Kent
11-05-2005, 11:45 PM
#1. Marcus is starting his first season... Shut the **** up. I mean, seriously. Who cares if you're right. It's so trivial right now. As a matter of fact, this isn't even Dolphin related, send this **** to the sports forum.

#2. Winston was a jr. last year who was expected to come out and be a top 5-10 pick. Her his knee messed up and stayed at da U. Still one of the top 3 LT this year (D'brick being number 1 and John Scott being #2, IMO).

BrazForPhins
11-05-2005, 11:46 PM

I have never see him play, but be careful man..u can eat your own words

finfan32
11-05-2005, 11:46 PM
before you jump to conclusions, i was talking about mike vick having potential and not living up to his NFL career.

read the rest of the post, i was refering to mike vick and marcus, i feel bad for you homer. you live in denmark, why dont you watch skiing or something else, you have no idea what your talking, you say i said ronnie is a bust, and you try to make it look like i dont know the brothers apart, you have issues

G-Force
11-05-2005, 11:47 PM
your right, but mike vick has potential and doesnt show it, vince young is a leader, marcus has 5 turnovers tonight buddy. he can play good against georgia tech, but cant play good against a top 5 D. vince young plays well against top 5 D's (see ohio state game).Put Vince in the ACC and lets see how good he looks. Their really isn't a week team in the ACC in football with Puke I mean Duke the exception. I know this Conference is pretty new to alot of people who was watching the big east just go look at the ACC's bowl records. Marcus plays against a capable defense in every conference game while Vince is got lucky and caught the big whatever conferece in a off year with OK, K. State and a couple of others rebuilding.

finfan32
11-05-2005, 11:47 PM
I have never see him play, but be careful man..u can eat your own words

i say it, cause i know i wont eat my words (copy this post), i usually dont jump to conclusions about college players, but i know he will not be a good pro QB.

touborg
11-05-2005, 11:48 PM

Nice desparate attempt to save your mistake.

Now back to your previous post. This is relatively entertaining:

If you knew anything about college football, you'd also know that Vick probably won't come out this year, and thus your argument that we are only watching him because we need a QB becomes void.

Nice try, why don't you actually watch football sometime, then maybe we can talk.

touborg
11-05-2005, 11:51 PM
read the rest of the post, i was refering to mike vick and marcus, i feel bad for you homer. you live in denmark, why dont you watch skiing or something else, you have no idea what your talking, you say i said ronnie is a bust, and you try to make it look like i dont know the brothers apart, you have issues

I not only watch more football than you do, my English is a level above yours, which is sad considering it's my third language, and my guess is that it's your first. But good luck with everything.

BrazForPhins
11-05-2005, 11:53 PM

1. I've seen the dolphins play many many times. There's TV's, Directv, Energetic power, and LIFE outside united states.

2. Even miles away from Miami, I feel lots of foreign fans have a better knowledge than you, or at least a SENSE OF PATIENCE

3. I'll never say something you said. THAT, would make me sick

finfan32
11-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Nice desparate attempt to save your mistake.

Now back to your previous post. This is relatively entertaining:

If you knew anything about college football, you'd also know that Vick probably won't come out this year, and thus your argument that we are only watching him because we need a QB becomes void.

Nice try, why don't you actually watch football sometime, then maybe we can talk.

thanks football god.....its funny.....your the one with the desperate attempts...all im saying is that vince young is a better quarterback than vick, and then you have to twist everything. your the one acting like a little bi**h about it.

finfan32
11-05-2005, 11:55 PM
1. I've seen the dolphins play many many times. There's TV's, Directv, Energetic power, and LIFE outside united states.

2. Even miles away from Miami, I feel lots of foreign fans have a better knowledge than you, or at least a SENSE OF PATIENCE

3. I'll never say something you said. THAT, would make me sick

1. there is no life outside the united states, you are a loser

2. your an idiot.

3. what the he** are you talking about.

Mod Edit: See you in a week.

finfan32
11-05-2005, 11:56 PM
good night foreign boys, i have to go get drunk in my air conditioned house, have fun in your shacks.

BrazForPhins
11-05-2005, 11:56 PM
4. There is something called TOS

touborg
11-05-2005, 11:57 PM
thanks football god.....its funny.....your the one with the desperate attempts...all im saying is that vince young is a better quarterback than vick, and then you have to twist everything. your the one acting like a little bi**h about it.

Actually, VY is a better athlete, but Vick is by far the better quarterback in terms of traditional QB skills. Thank you for the compliment.

2. your an idiot.

you're

ether79
11-05-2005, 11:58 PM
good night foreign boys, i have to go get drunk in my air conditioned house, have fun in your shacks.

:shakeno:

ether79
11-05-2005, 11:59 PM

Vince Young=Glorified Running Back

Remarkable
11-06-2005, 12:00 AM

Does your dad still tell you stories of "Dan Marino" when he tucks you in at night?

Remarkable
11-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Vince Young=Glorified Running Back

No, he'd be a good wide receiver.

BrazForPhins
11-06-2005, 12:01 AM

you seem to already be

Remarkable
11-06-2005, 12:02 AM
you seem to already be

Don't encourage the little boy. He seems to think it's "cool" to get drunk.

finfan32
you seem to already be

you're right, im with your sister, hey at least brazil is better than denmark, peace.

Mod Edit: Make that two weeks.

ether79
No, he'd be a good wide receiver.

Yeah in the NFL, in the NCAA he's really a RB to me.

G-Force
11-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Saying that Vince is better than Marcus at this point is ignorant. As I have said Marcus plays better opponents. Marcus is playing the U while Vince is looking pretty against Baylor. Their is a reason for the combine so anyone making judgements on who is better is just guessing. The teams that draft bad take the players with big names that get publisized alot. The teams that actually improve theirselves work the players on even ground and takes the best player not the best or biggest name.

Remarkable
11-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah in the NFL, in the NCAA he's really a RB to me.

He's a pretty good passer in the NCAA. He threw for about 280 (?) with 2 TDs today.

ether79
11-06-2005, 12:07 AM
He's a pretty good passer in the NCAA. He threw for about 280 (?) with 2 TDs today.

His motion is almost unbearable to watch and he does that against subpar opponents. He is a bit to tall to be RB or that is probably where he would've ended up IMO.

BrazForPhins
11-06-2005, 12:09 AM
you're right, im with your sister, hey at least brazil is better than denmark, peace.

I don't know if it's better than denmark, but I can tell you it's better than Orlando. And don't call me anything as you did before, because I LIVED in Orlando last winter, working at downtown disney. Man, so good to be back home.

RAS25
11-06-2005, 12:10 AM
calm down people.....cant we all just agree that vick and young are both special atheletes that both need some work to do and both will stay in school and become better and more fun to watch?

BrazForPhins
11-06-2005, 12:11 AM
calm down people.....cant we all just agree that vick and young are both special atheletes that both need some work to do and both will stay in school and become better and more fun to watch?

amen..damn
i'm done for today

kastofsna120
11-06-2005, 04:46 AM
maybe finally you people can begin to see that vick is terrible. the running game was shut down, and vick was forced to pass the ball, or at least run it himself. young would do the same thing, although luckily for him he hasn't faced a defense that shut the running game down this year (although see the first half of the oklahoma state game this year, as well as last year's oklahoma game). let's also notice how vick nor young ever throw out passes or anything with any arm strength behind it, like what NFL QBs are expected to do

should i go on? really? can we drop the young/vick talk? they're virtually the same player. they're ATHLETES playing the quarterback position, not QUARTERBACKS

unifiedtheory
11-06-2005, 06:32 AM
maybe finally you people can begin to see that vick is terrible. the running game was shut down, and vick was forced to pass the ball, or at least run it himself. young would do the same thing, although luckily for him he hasn't faced a defense that shut the running game down this year (although see the first half of the oklahoma state game this year, as well as last year's oklahoma game). let's also notice how vick nor young ever throw out passes or anything with any arm strength behind it, like what NFL QBs are expected to do

should i go on? really? can we drop the young/vick talk? they're virtually the same player. they're ATHLETES playing the quarterback position, not QUARTERBACKS

Good post...

The people annointing Young as "the next grea one" make me laugh. EVERY pass he throws is to a wide open reciever. He never has to drop back, make his reads, look at his 2nd and 3rd options and then step up and make a throw. He steps back, looks at one guy, if he is wide open he throws it, if the guy is covered he runs.

He'll get smashed in the NFL doing what he does.

ON another note...this thread looked like fun for a bit.:evil:

cnc66
11-06-2005, 06:44 AM
Hail Touborg, good beatdown bro ! For such an inmature, shack livin', three launguage speakin' fool you did GOOD !! 27-7 hahahaha

Dors156
11-06-2005, 11:44 AM

hes not overrated.He played against the best defense in the nation and every QB has an off day.Name one QB in the nfl or ncaa that hasnt had a bad day and please dont say leinhart because they dont even play any1

kastofsna120
11-06-2005, 01:42 PM
hes not overrated.He played against the best defense in the nation and every QB has an off day.Name one QB in the nfl or ncaa that hasnt had a bad day and please dont say leinhart because they dont even play any1
lol....

phin lockeroom
12-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Will marcus vick be in the draft this year

phinphan11
12-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Not ours... I hope.

Maynard the Hammer
12-07-2005, 04:38 PM
dont know. check the draft forum

Adam First
12-07-2005, 04:38 PM
You mean Marcus Choke? :lol:

kastofsna120
12-07-2005, 05:12 PM
i'll laugh hysterically if he declares, and kill myself if the dolphins draft him

phin lockeroom
12-07-2005, 05:24 PM
i thought he was great QB.. and alot of ppl were saying he would be better than his bro

mor911
12-07-2005, 05:32 PM
i thought he was great QB.. and alot of ppl were saying he would be better than his bro
You must have not seen him play a real defense (Miami or FSU), because he is NOT a good QB when there's any hint of trouble... EVER.

Mindwarp
12-07-2005, 05:33 PM
he'd rock the NFC north

RAS25
12-07-2005, 05:39 PM

i think the only person that said that was his brother...and would you trust this man?

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

phin lockeroom
12-07-2005, 10:34 PM
You must have not seen him play a real defense (Miami or FSU), because he is NOT a good QB when there's any hint of trouble... EVER.
i am not big into college football .. i will watch them once in a while... so i don't really know who is good and who is bad

Alex44
12-07-2005, 10:39 PM
i'll laugh hysterically if he declares, and kill myself if the dolphins draft him

we agree on this one

I used to like Marcus Vick before I really watched a few more games

1- He doesnt have Vicks arm

2- He has even less accuracy than vick

3- He isnt as fast at all

He will never be a good NFL player

Nappy Roots
12-07-2005, 11:24 PM
we agree on this one

Vick in the NFL>>>>>>Young in the NFL

phin lockeroom
12-07-2005, 11:49 PM
we agree on this one

WOW pretty mean statment there

kastofsna120
12-07-2005, 11:56 PM
marcus vick would do just as well on texas as young

dominizzo
12-08-2005, 05:27 AM
Vick should be drafted by atlanta so he can back up his bro

phin lockeroom
12-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Vick should be drafted by atlanta so he can back up his bro

that would be really werid

koalaman13
01-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Sorry if I seem ignorant but I couldn't find anything about Marcus Vick. Is he elligable to declare himself to the NFL or is he far too raw and staying for his senior year? I am not a college guy so don't know squat about him. Thanks.

saves
01-02-2006, 11:10 PM
If you watched him today you wouldn't want him either way. But he IS a junior I believe so he probably will be returning. Much too raw and dosn't seem to have the speed his brother does.

dm416
01-02-2006, 11:10 PM
I'm pretty sure he's staying

CaptainK
01-02-2006, 11:11 PM
No thanks. If his star brother can't lead his team to the playoffs I don't think younger brother will be the answer for the Fins. They are exciting to watch and EXTREMELY athletic but give me a qualityf pocket passer anytime.

saves
01-02-2006, 11:15 PM
No thanks. If his star brother can't lead his team to the playoffs I don't think younger brother will be the answer for the Fins. They are exciting to watch and EXTREMELY athletic but give me a qualityf pocket passer anytime.

In defense, He dosn't remind you of Michael at all. He is much more of a pocket passer and if develops more in that aspect of his game he could possibly be good pro qb.

koalaman13
01-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Oh I was not suggesting drafting him. I don't know him so will not even speculate, was more curiosity of his status then anything. Its far too early to say who would be best. I am just trying to know all possible QBs involved, from college to trades to free agents.

finfan32
01-02-2006, 11:35 PM
not saying the people that posted above wanted him, but about 2 months ago everyone was so high on him, i cant stand the guy or his brother, and i got reemed for dissing him.

Kenny_Stang
01-02-2006, 11:35 PM
I'd rather have Shockley

fin-atic
01-02-2006, 11:43 PM
NO!!!
Not another Vick. Bro Mike is having a difficult time making the grade in the NFL. He is good for highights, but not for championships.

Joneal7
01-02-2006, 11:45 PM
I'd rather have Shockley

wow....theres no way would i want Shockley over Vick...

scdolfan
01-02-2006, 11:51 PM

Shockley is much better than Marcus. Shockley will be a better than average NFL qb, strong arm, good feet, better than average accuracy, looks to throw first. He just needs to be coached up a little. In a year or two he could be awesome.

Kenny_Stang
01-02-2006, 11:57 PM

Shockley
2311 Yards 21 TD's 5 Int's 55% comp 251 YDs Rushing 4 TD's 100.6 QB Rating

Vick
2190 Yards 15 TD's 10 Int's 62 % comp 370 Yds Rushing 6 TD's 90.85 QB Rating

fishfan34
01-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Marcus still has alot of his game to develop first.

Metal Panda
01-03-2006, 12:00 AM
More "oh his numbers are better" analysis. Which especially does not mean squat at the college level, since it doesn't always transfer to the NFL. Just ask Heath Shuler, Gino Toretta, and Ty Detmer....

scdolfan
01-03-2006, 12:04 AM
More "oh his numbers are better" analysis. Which especially does not mean squat at the college level, since it doesn't always transfer to the NFL. Just ask Heath Shuler, Gino Toretta, and Ty Detmer....

And I bet you would jump a taking Leinart if he was available. Your right numbers don't always transfer to the NFL, see Ryan Leaf. Shockley is better.

Metal Panda
01-03-2006, 12:06 AM
All I was saying is that doing a side by side comparison of stats amongst college players is silly because there is an extreme lack of parity in college football which always inflates many quarterbacks' numbers and since certain types of offenses (the option) don't work in the pros.

scdolfan
01-03-2006, 12:11 AM
I agree about the college stat comparison of numbers. Talent at college level is very hit or miss. But if Shockley were available in Round 3 of the draft and we had not taken a QB, I would take him. Gus will start again next year unless we sign a FA at the position.

Kenny_Stang
01-03-2006, 12:14 AM
So what are we supposed to judge them by if not numbers? I've watched both guys play and I prefer Shockley to Vick, I think Vick has potential but needs more development. He has good completion % but his TD/INT ratio is a bit troubling.

Metal Panda
01-03-2006, 12:17 AM
So what are we supposed to judge them by if not numbers? I've watched both guys play and I prefer Shockley to Vick, I think Vick has potential but needs more development. He has good completion % but his TD/INT ratio is a bit troubling.

Well you could always try watching the games, that one always works.

:)

Seriously though, if NFL talent scouts evaluated sheerly on numbers Chris Weinke may have been the #1 pick in the draft when he came out.

Alex44
01-03-2006, 12:18 AM
Marcus Vick's interview with NFL scouts

Hi Im Marcus Vick I dont throw or run as well as my brother Mike and I fold against good teams like Miami, but you should take me because....my last name is Vick

I dont like they guy as a player....he plays great against the nobodys of college football but totally folds against good teams

Kenny_Stang
01-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Well you could always try watching the games, that one always works.

:)

Seriously though, if NFL talent scouts evaluated sheerly on numbers Chris Weinke may have been the #1 pick in the draft when he came out.

LOL. Well I have watched several games by both guys this year, and I'm watching Shockley at work right now in the Sugar Bowl. I think Marcus gets attention because he's Michael Vick's younger brother, but he's not as good as his brother is/was... so that doesn't say much for him.

Metal Panda
01-03-2006, 12:29 AM
Can't be as bad as Brock Berlins interview.

"C'mon, give me another chance. Why all the bias for people who can throw tight spirals? Maybe it's your fault you didn't teach your receivers to catch my wobbly passes. More quarterbacks should throw the football in a downward, stabbing-like motion!"

RunningBackGuru
01-03-2006, 03:51 PM
He is returning next year.

finfansince72
01-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Stepping on that guys leg sure didnt help his draft status. He should be suspended by the school for that.

BALLS DEEP
01-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Some rumors are circulating that Marcus Vick might declare for the '06 draft. Would you take him?

MiamiMan147
01-05-2006, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't want him on my college team. Forget the Dolphins.

BALLS DEEP
01-05-2006, 04:29 PM
I think he has a lot of growing up to do. With that said, he'll probably be available at our pick. He runs like his brother and is much more accurate on passes. I'd do it!

jlfin
01-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Yeah, if he's available in the 6th round.

kastofsna120
01-05-2006, 04:38 PM
I think he has a lot of growing up to do. With that said, he'll probably be available at our pick. He runs like his brother and is much more accurate on passes. I'd do it!
:sidelol:

apa64che
01-05-2006, 04:43 PM
I happen to be a fan of VT. (my wife went there a few years ago) I also happen to be a Michael Vick fan. However, that being said. Marcus has a lot of learning/growing up to do. He is absolutely, by no means ready for the NFL. If he can get over his attitude problem, and get a little more experience, he should do pretty well.

Phishstix
01-05-2006, 04:43 PM
he's not near ready, but va tech might force him to declare w/ a big suspension (which i hope happens, he's too big of a distraction, positively and negatively). he struggles against any coverage that is not soft zone, has bad mechanics, struggles vs blitzes, is at the most 5'11", has questionable intermediate to deep arm strength, and is a punk on top of all of that. he is great in the short passing game and is accurate on the run, which may be he two strongest points, but his other flaws make him a 2nd day pick.

bg34
01-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Hell No!

apa64che
01-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Everyone needs to understand, this was Marcus' first full year behind center. He's way too raw.

apa64che
01-05-2006, 04:46 PM
he's not near ready, but va tech might force him to declare w/ a big suspension (which i hope happens, he's too big of a distraction, positively and negatively). he struggles against any coverage that is not soft zone, has bad mechanics, struggles vs blitzes, is at the most 5'11", has questionable intermediate to deep arm strength, and is a punk on top of all of that. he is great in the short passing game and is accurate on the run, which may be he two strongest points, but his other flaws make him a 2nd day pick.

I agree. Don't get me wrong... maybe he'll develop into something, but that whole stomping incident in the Gator Bowl shows, he needs to mature.

Straztheman
01-05-2006, 04:51 PM
No he isnt even half of what his bro is

apa64che
01-05-2006, 04:55 PM
No he isnt even half of what his bro is

I think its still too early to tell. We've only had one year to evaluate Marcus.

UltraDol-Fan
01-05-2006, 05:11 PM
I would take him on the second day

apa64che
01-05-2006, 05:14 PM
With all due respect, i don't think thats a good idea. Either way, they, along with UVa kinda dominate our sports news here in Virginia, and Vick said he wasn't ready, so it aint gonna happen anyway.

apa64che
01-05-2006, 05:18 PM
However if he DID declare himself, he wouldn't be the first person in history to change his mind. Personally, I don't think he's ready. He had a great year, but he looked horrible against "the U" and Florida State. One of his problems is he doesn't secure the ball when he runs. He kinda hangs it out there like Deion. Miami made mincemeat of him because of just that reason. He's good though. I think with maybe another year or two under his belt, he'll hopefully have matured a little.

apa64che
01-05-2006, 05:23 PM
I know this is a Vick thread, but I tell you guys this. If you're interested in looking at VT, and are interested in getting another good pass rusher, check out Darryl Tapp. I wouldn't mind seeing him get picked up.

apa64che
01-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Virginia Tech is kinda like the Dolphins of the NCAA. Everyone always overlooks them, but they breed some pretty special athletes. When he is drafted, I bet it'll be third round or so. If thats the case, someone got themselves a steel. Not just for his playing ability, but his hard work and dedication. If no one knows what im talking about, just google "virginia tech" "darryl tapp" and "lunch pail".

wazzy
01-05-2006, 05:44 PM
I would use a 4th round pick on him if he is taken before that good for him!

apa64che
01-05-2006, 05:59 PM
I would use a 4th round pick on him if he is taken before that good for him!

Like I said... everyone overlooks VT

CHRISCANEQB726
01-05-2006, 06:08 PM
he should fit well with shanahan

dirty player
he sucks also

DolfanDaveInATX
01-05-2006, 06:12 PM
The only reason he's talking about coming to the NFL is that Virginia Tech is going to kick him out of school. Drug possession, plying 14- and 15-year-old girls with alcohol and then ****ing them, and now stomping on an opponent's leg during a game. Marcus Vick is the biggest piece of crap in college football. Didn't we learn anything from the Cecil Collins debacle?

apa64che
01-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Marcus Vick is the biggest piece of crap in college football.

Why's that, because of the stepping incident?

Nappy Roots
01-05-2006, 06:50 PM
yup, 2nd day i definilty would

Mile High Fin
01-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Yeah, if he's available in the 6th round.

:lol:

Regan21286
01-05-2006, 08:17 PM
I'd take him with a 7th rounder or an undrafted FA.

bullseyeguy
01-05-2006, 09:13 PM
4th is the highest I would take him. He'd be a gamble, but a possible fruitful one.

Alex44
01-05-2006, 09:27 PM
I wouldn't want him on my college team. Forget the Dolphins.

I wouldnt want him on my high school team either

Unless he was the water boy

Vertical Limit
01-06-2006, 01:39 PM
ESPN just announced that the Hoaskies will suspend Marcus Vick if he returns to school for stomping on the opponents leg in the Bowl game.

That leaves Marcus Vick with two options:
- Transfer to another school.
- Enter the NFL draft.

More than likely, he isn't going to want to transfer to another school especially since many big-time schools already have a sophmore or junior QB that they are working on.

I know some people don't have much faith in this kid, but I beleive he can do very well in the NFL (like a McNabb type talent). He has a powerful arm, great prescision, and is a great runner as well. Give him a good receiver (like Chambers), and he will do great in a Dolphins uniform.

Also, I think he will fall right there on number 16 in the draft. So, there isn't no need to trade up to get this kid.

Mile High Fin
01-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Wow.............#16 for M.Vick.

How about #216 (7th round).
He's too immature, and is a total project....

NLude33
01-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Here is some other crap that he has pulled....

http://media.putfile.com/Marcus-Vick-Highlight-2005

Vertical Limit
01-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Wow.............#16 for M.Vick.

How about #216 (7th round).
He's too immature, and is a total project....
Everyone in the draft is a "total project". You never know how they will come out in the NFL, especially if the player plays the QB position.

Just check out #3 Joey Harrington and #1 Vinny Testeverde. Both of them turned out to be total dissapointments (one for Detroit, the other for Tampa Bay).

What number was Tom Brady picked up in? 199th? And was he a college star? No.

ckparrothead
01-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Everyone in the draft is a "total project".

Yeah but not everyone in the draft is a "total @sshole" with a tendency to get himself suspended.

NLude33
01-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Everyone in the draft is a "total project". You never know how they will come out in the NFL, especially if the player plays the QB position.

Just check out #3 Joey Harrington and #1 Vinny Testeverde. Both of them turned out to be total dissapointments (one for Detroit, the other for Tampa Bay).

Tom Brady was very good in college. I believe his down fall for the draft was size and arm strength. Other than that, Brady had a very good resume.

NLude33
01-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Yeah but not everyone in the draft is a "total @sshole" with a tendency to get himself suspended.

Completly agree!

That video I posted above really shows what kind of person he is. I don't want to touch Vick, he is not worth the headaches, and I don't want the Dolphins to get a reputation for drafting/signing bad character guys.

wazzy
01-06-2006, 03:40 PM
I would use a 4th rounder on him nothing more!

Hostile 17
01-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Terrell Owens at QB...

Roman529
01-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Marcus Vick....a bust,,,,just like his big bro.....i'll pass.

dan13
01-06-2006, 04:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2282642

What do you think if he decide to come out?

SwampDawg
01-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Vick is the last person this team needs, thankfully I think Saban is a smart enoguh personal guy not to draft a character like that.

_dan24
01-06-2006, 04:47 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=117003

FinNasty
01-06-2006, 04:52 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=117003

I've always been meaning to ask you this... what the hell is that thing in your avitar? :confused: :lol:

fishfan34
01-06-2006, 05:03 PM
I've always been meaning to ask you this... what the hell is that thing in your avitar? :confused: :lol:

:lol: I have always thought the same thing.. :lol:

saj005
01-06-2006, 05:04 PM
does character mean anything anymore, or is it "just win baby" ? we don't need baby vick. we don't need T.O. we don't need anyone that needs special attention...period. i for one would rather watch a miami loss with players with character, than a superbowl with society rejects. at least i could still be proud to be a miami dolphin fan.

fishypete
01-06-2006, 05:14 PM
I rather trade every pick this year and next year for a great kid like Young...than garbage like Vick....I wouldn't take him if he came with a bag of Crispy creme dougnuts.

fishypete
01-06-2006, 05:19 PM
I rather trade every pick this year and next year for a great kid like Young...than garbage like Vick....I wouldn't take him if he came with a bag of Crispy creme dougnuts.

ckparrothead
01-06-2006, 05:22 PM

Yeah Marcus Vick isn't just a poor man's Vince Young. He's a dead man's Vince Young.

caneaddict
01-06-2006, 05:29 PM

Now hang on there Pete...

Are those Crispy Creme doughnuts hot? If they are then you're just crazy cause those things are like little puffy pieces of heaven melting in your mouth. :D

fishypete
01-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah Marcus Vick isn't just a poor man's Vince Young. He's a dead man's Vince Young.

I just can't understand why alot of these kids just can't do the right thing...when they know so much is riding on what they do and don't in school.

Pardon my rambling here...but...I can't tell you how many silly young kids I've cared for in Rikers that wouldn't work for dollars outside...but for commissary money...appx 12-15 cents a hour....they would work hard.
I see the same issue here with some of the players....they want the good life...but can't stay away from the streets....long enough to acquire that life...shame on them....and pity on their families.

Life is full of choices....choose well.

caneaddict
01-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Does anyone have a link to the video of him stepping on Dumerville's leg? I didn't see it and would love too.

By the way NLude33 that video you psted is hilarious.

fishypete
01-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Now hang on there Pete...

Are those Crispy Creme doughnuts hot? If they are then you're just crazy cause those things are like little puffy pieces of heaven melting in your mouth. :D

Hot and ready with some coffee.

Texans can we talk?

ckparrothead
01-06-2006, 05:44 PM
I just can't understand why alot of these kids just can't do the right thing...when they know so much is riding on what they do and don't in school.

Pardon my rambling here...but...I can't tell you how many silly young kids I've cared for in Rikers that wouldn't work for dollars outside...but for commissary money...appx 12-15 cents a hour....they would work hard.
I see the same issue here with some of the players....they want the good life...but can't stay away from the streets....long enough to acquire that life...shame on them....and pity on their families.

Life is full of choices....choose well.

It's hard to imagine...then again you and I aren't them and haven't grown up the way they did or experienced the things they did. Professional athletes have often traveled down a pretty unique road, in that a bunch of them have been dirt poor all their lives YET have been kings of the social scene and of the field because of their athletic ability. It's an interesting mix.

caneaddict
01-06-2006, 05:54 PM
It's hard to imagine...then again you and I aren't them and haven't grown up the way they did or experienced the things they did. Professional athletes have often traveled down a pretty unique road, in that a bunch of them have been dirt poor all their lives YET have been kings of the social scene and of the field because of their athletic ability. It's an interesting mix.

Problem is that Marcus has been flat RICH since he was what 12, 13 years old. Heck Mike Vick was probably living pretty well off some booster money before that so Marcus probably hasn't been wonting since he was 10 or 11 years old.

Pocoloco
01-06-2006, 05:56 PM

I'm with ya fishypete!!

caneaddict
01-06-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm with ya fishypete!!

I think you're all WAY underestimating the value of Crispy Creme doughnuts.

dw10
01-06-2006, 06:10 PM
does character mean anything anymore, or is it "just win baby" ? we don't need baby vick. we don't need T.O. we don't need anyone that needs special attention...period. i for one would rather watch a miami loss with players with character, than a superbowl with society rejects. at least i could still be proud to be a miami dolphin fan.

ROFLMAO!!!! I thought the Chuck Norris thread was the funniest thing I'd seen until I read that statement.
Yeeeeah! Ok. Screw character. I've been going strong as a fan for over 30 years giving my blood, sweat, tears, and cash to see them!!! I wanna win! I don't care if Charles freaking Manson is taking snaps under center. GIVE ME A SUPERBOWL!!!

Again..ROFLMAO:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

caneaddict
01-06-2006, 06:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2282642

Caps
01-06-2006, 06:22 PM
I hate that punk. He got what was coming to him.

LIQUID24
01-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Props to Va Tech for having the balls to do that.

ether79
01-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Props to Va Tech for having the balls to do that.

Yep.

CHRISCANEQB726
01-06-2006, 06:30 PM
ha

he gots money he doesnt need to play cause hes gonna sucks he looks smaller than vick

twg76
01-06-2006, 06:31 PM
He shouldn't have stomped the guy's leg. But that stuff happens all the time in football. If Teddy Bruschi did it, people would call it "competitive spirit". Maybe he will land in a good football program for his senior year and get his act cleaned up a bit before the draft in 2007.

ChambersWI
01-06-2006, 06:37 PM
He shouldn't have stomped the guy's leg. But that stuff happens all the time in football. If Teddy Bruschi did it, people would call it "competitive spirit". Maybe he will land in a good football program for his senior year and get his act cleaned up a bit before the draft in 2007.

he didn't get kicked off just for stomping on Dumerville. He's got a history of legal issues.

TerryTate
01-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Does anyone have a link to the video of him stepping on Dumerville's leg? I didn't see it and would love too.

By the way NLude33 that video you psted is hilarious.

http://media.putfile.com/VT-THUG-1

FinNasty
01-06-2006, 07:26 PM
I honestly think that this kid is VERY talented. Unlike his brother, he actually understands how to pass the ball. Things like "touch" or "looking off a receiver" that Mike has no idea about...

HOWEVER... he is DEFINATLY not worth a 1st round pick. He is still very unpolished and very inexperienced (he started only like 11 games as a QB). I would be thrilled if we drafted him, but no higher than a 6th round pick... He has some serious character and maturity issues that completely devalue his talent.

for a 6th... sure. But nothing higher...

mbsinmisc
01-06-2006, 07:36 PM
With Ron Mexico Jr. kicked off the Chokies, Is he worth a 6th or later pick as a developmental QB? I am well aware of his off field troubles, but at times he flashed some skills. Before all the nattering nabobs of negativity wield their sarcastic barbs, I dont expect him to come in and play immediately. Given a couple of years under Saban's system, He might turn into what his big brother isn't... An NFL quarterback.

CHRISCANEQB726
01-06-2006, 07:38 PM
ill take him in the 6 or 7

so he can run when our qb is struggling

hes blind cant see defneders around pick machine

Adam First
"Ron Mexico Jr." :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Dubfire
With Ron Mexico Jr. kicked off the Chokies, Is he worth a 6th or later pick as a developmental QB? I am well aware of his off field troubles, but at times he flashed some skills. Before all the nattering nabobs of negativity wield their sarcastic barbs, I dont expect him to come in and play immediately. Given a couple of years under Saban's system, He might turn into what his big brother isn't... An NFL quarterback.

Nope.

Look up idiot in the dictionary and you will see his picture. He must think that just because he is Ron Mexico Sr.'s little brother, that he can do what he wants.:shakeno:

infiltrateib
01-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Umm... he wouldn't have been taken in the 6th if he DIDN'T get arrested and kicked out of college.

mbsinmisc
01-06-2006, 07:43 PM
I didnt see many of his games, I think I watched part of a couple. He had moments but was prone to mistakes, Is that an unfixable trait, or can it be chalked up to inexperience? What do some of the draft gurus think?

JG718
01-06-2006, 07:51 PM
that's the problem with fans, your quick to judge someone you dont even know. Just because you watched him play you think you know him, when in reality you show that you know nothing.

feelthepain
01-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Nope!!!

GRT8
01-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Nope.

Look up idiot in the dictionary and you will see his picture. He must think that just because he is Ron Mexico Sr.'s little brother, that he can do what he wants.:shakeno:

Vick's talent is debatable and he can't stay out of trouble.......i wouldn't take him in the last round

ThrowBack13
01-06-2006, 07:55 PM
they kicked him off the team? for good?

jaketaylor
01-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Thats the spirit. Lets take a guy who already cant handle himself and throw money at him and HOPE that he grows up to become a pro football player. I wouldnt give up a seventh round pick for that guy.

feelthepain
01-06-2006, 07:59 PM
that's the problem with fans, your quick to judge someone you dont even know. Just because you watched him play you think you know him, when in reality you show that you know nothing.

Ummm, he has quite a long record of misconduct. He was given one more chance by the school pres. and he failed to stay out of trouble, does this sound like a pattern to you??? Marcus Vick is no genius and it's clear all he did was get a football scholarship and now he can't even finish a free ride through school. How much credit does one guy deserve in your eyes?? After all that he WILL screw up any chance he's given in the pros, Idon't want it to be in Miami!!

silverloop13
01-06-2006, 08:03 PM
No hes not the QB I want for this team. The guy is a buffoon. I dont need to see every game hes played. I saw the Louisville game when he stepped on the back of a DE leg with steel cleats. What a douche. If the refs had seen that they would have ejected him ( and said as much in an interview)

Ever see him in an interview? When asked if he felt a win over Louisville helped ease the sting of the defeat from Fla St. his reply was " It do yeah it do" No thanks.

He drives without a license (he lost it bc of drugs) , gets underage girls drunk, and talks and acts like a third rate thug. How do you think hell act in Miami?

Maybe he can go to NY and back up Eli. They seem to have a thing for the shallow end of a gene pool.

WharfRat
they kicked him off the team? for good?

Yes...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10738471/

NaboCane
***All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!***
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

OurHeartAndSoul
01-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Was Elvis Dumervil ok after that play?

Noodle Arm
01-06-2006, 08:08 PM
No need to take a flyer on him....especially when he'll be busy passing out flyers in a year or so.

chrome4
01-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Just say no to petifiles.

Pocoloco
01-06-2006, 08:29 PM
he is absolutely worth it. Tremedous upside for a 6th or 7th round guy. But I wouldn't take him any higher.

Denver will probably take him in the 3rd through!

Jimmy James
01-06-2006, 08:32 PM
We'll know more after he works out, but my WAG is that somebody takes a flyer on him in the 4th. I know his head is full of crud, but he does have talent that a lot of you guys are denying just because you dislike him so much.

Mind you, I'm not saying Miami should be the team to take that flyer. I wonder if Atlanta won't be that team, though. They'd have a backup QB for a few years who can do many of the things Michael can do, and maybe they figure big brother can keep him straight.

unifiedtheory
01-06-2006, 08:47 PM
No need to take a flyer on him....especially when he'll be busy passing out flyers in a year or so.:sidelol:

unifiedtheory
01-06-2006, 08:56 PM
ESPN just announced that the Hoaskies will suspend Marcus Vick if he returns to school for stomping on the opponents leg in the Bowl game.

- Enter the NFL draft.

More than likely, he isn't going to want to transfer to another school especially since many big-time schools already have a sophmore or junior QB that they are working on.

I know some people don't have much faith in this kid, but I beleive he can do very well in the NFL (like a McNabb type talent). He has a powerful arm, great prescision, and is a great runner as well. Give him a good receiver (like Chambers), and he will do great in a Dolphins uniform.

Also, I think he will fall right there on number 16 in the draft. So, there isn't no need to trade up to get this kid.

Fall to #16?

The guy will lucky to BE DRAFTED!

I would'nt sign him as an undrafted free agent let alone pick him 16th.

In a year he'll be in the cell next to Clarett.

dolphan117
01-06-2006, 09:02 PM
I doubt he will fall past the 5th round. You know some GM will beleive all he needs is another chance and that they can handle him. If they have the right coach they might even be right.

Ross
01-06-2006, 09:05 PM
We'll know more after he works out, but my WAG is that somebody takes a flyer on him in the 4th. I know his head is full of crud, but he does have talent that a lot of you guys are denying just because you dislike him so much.

Mind you, I'm not saying Miami should be the team to take that flyer. I wonder if Atlanta won't be that team, though. They'd have a backup QB for a few years who can do many of the things Michael can do, and maybe they figure big brother can keep him straight.

Interesting take. If Atlanta did decide to draft him would they have to move the the nice young back-up QB they have now? But I do agree that his big-brother is about the only one who might keep him in check. I can see little brother in NFL europe real easy...

Ross
01-06-2006, 09:08 PM
I can see Saban drafting him.

Regan21286
01-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Future Atlanta Falcons practice squad QB anyone? If they trade Schaub, pick up Brooks and Vick the Lesser, they can have a family trio of QBs on that team. :lol:

elandre
01-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Hey how about we get Marcus Vick from VT ??? I know he isnt polised and didnt have that great of a season but he could def be a good deal if we pick him up in the 4th round. He can def scramble and he is young plus im sure he will be in the draft becuse no NCAA team will pick him up because of his on-feild problems.

I think Saban can make him into a heck of a player along with Lineahn, what do you guys think ?
I think its worth spending a 4th or 5th round pick on him but def nothing not a 3rd or 2nd round pick. :goof:

South Florida
01-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm all for it, and I'll take him on the first day.

callaway1234
01-06-2006, 09:46 PM
I would rather have a decent athlete with a big heart and good character traits (Wes Welker for example) than have an immature kid that's not ready for the NFL.

Gonzo
01-06-2006, 09:47 PM
There will be QB's that are just as talented at that level of the draft who actually DESERVE to be drafted. Lil' Vick is a piece of trash and isn't even worth a look.

cnc66
01-06-2006, 09:48 PM
why not ...if he's still on the board at 16... I say pull the trigger, drop the blade

elandre
01-06-2006, 09:50 PM
but i mean look at Crowder he would of gone higher in the draft but the guy had some off the feild problems and look at the player he has become because of Saban and his staff....

I know his legs were a big reason aswell but alot of ppl said he was not very mature and would cause problems..

I would take a shot with vick once you solve the problem with the Secondary and your starting QB.

Gonzo
01-06-2006, 09:59 PM
but i mean look at Crowder he would of gone higher in the draft but the guy had some off the feild problems and look at the player he has become because of Saban and his staff....

I know his legs were a big reason aswell but alot of ppl said he was not very mature and would cause problems..

I would take a shot with vick once you solve the problem with the Secondary and your starting QB.

Crowder is and was talented. Vick is living off his brother's name and decent-at-best talent. The two are not comparable. Also, Vick obviously is a problem ON the field as well as off given his unsportsmanlike conduct (especially the ***** move he pulled in the Gator Bowl that lead to his being kicked off the team). Saban won't waste the pick.

dofan4ever
01-06-2006, 10:03 PM
marcus vick was kicked off virginia tech football team,Now his choices are to declare for the NFL Draft by the Jan. 15 deadline or transfer to a Division I-AA school. If he's elegible for the draft which round do you guys think he will go? Should we take him in the first round if he's avaible.

NewEra8
01-06-2006, 10:06 PM
marcus vick was kicked off virginia tech football team,Now his choices are to declare for the NFL Draft by the Jan. 15 deadline or transfer to a Division I-AA school. If he's elegible for the draft which round do you guys think he will go? Should we take him in the first round if he's avaible.

First round, hell no.... but if hes around in the later rounds, its worth a chance... if Saban can make Manny cry, I think he can handle a Vick

elandre
01-06-2006, 10:08 PM
hahahahaha

1st round !

What are we the Jets!!! HELL No

We would take him in the 4th or 5th if we did i dont think any team will risk a 1st or 2nd round pick on him.

ELPPHINFAN
01-06-2006, 10:10 PM
:nate:

jcork_NJ
01-06-2006, 10:11 PM
In the name of all that is holy, please NO!

This guy is a loser, through and true. He has no character, no pride in himself or his team, and is a disgrace to the sport. How many chances could Virginia Tech give him? And he blew them all. No way is he even remotely worth a first round pick or being picked at all. Not to mention that his stats are terrible. He has thrown for 3 more TD's than INT's in his college career, hardly warranting being drafted. We see how well his bro is panning out in Atlanta, and at least he seems like he has some good character. Marcus is a pathetic human being and an embarassment to anyone who has ever played football.

whatsburning
01-06-2006, 10:11 PM
I think someone might use a second on him... by all accounts, he's way ahead of his brother at this stage of his career. Granted, it would be a stretch, but he'll be as effective as Michael is in two years.

Mile High Fin
01-06-2006, 10:17 PM
I can see Saban drafting him.
....with one of our three 7th round picks..........maybe.

Then again, maybe not.

SCall13
01-06-2006, 10:18 PM
If we pick Marcus Vick, it will be worse than any pick Speilman or Wannstedt made. I can't believe anyone would suggest drafting the moron. He isn't that good (DEFINETLY not pro material) and his personality and attitude are horrible.

Motion
01-06-2006, 10:21 PM

No comparison whatsoever. Crowder dropped cause of his knees.

Marcus Vick is a worthless excuse for a human being and I want him no where near this team.

finfan32
01-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Im defenitly not one to rub it in....but seeing as marcus vick has all these problems with his attitude i think i have too.......a few months ago, i started a thread called "marcus vick is overrated". it was during the miami/va. tech game.....i basically called him out.....anyways.....there were a few people on this site that disagreed with me....and im usually a pretty nice guy....but they got me banned for 24 hours...i just wanted to expose them....here is the link to the page.
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=107090

chillin6776
01-06-2006, 10:29 PM
He just got kicked off his team, so, the draft is his logical choice. would you want him and in what round??

He could be a good project

Jaj
01-06-2006, 10:33 PM
This is one of the first times I've so disliked a player that I wouldn't even give him a chance. F'in prick... That's all he is.

Finsperfect72
01-06-2006, 10:33 PM
There will be QB's that are just as talented at that level of the draft who actually DESERVE to be drafted. Lil' Vick is a piece of trash and isn't even worth a look.

Amen!

Evidently the powers-that-be at VT believe that too. He's gone. Good riddance.

01-06-2006, 10:34 PM
This dude is......I don't know how to describe him.....how was that d-lineman anyway??

SCall13
01-06-2006, 10:34 PM
No comparison whatsoever. Crowder dropped cause of his knees.

Marcus Vick is a worthless excuse for a human being and I want him no where near this team.

LOL...tell me how you REALLY feel! :lol:

finfan32
01-06-2006, 10:35 PM
i cant stand him.......have fun selling insurance, marcus.

FireWrongstedt
01-06-2006, 10:36 PM
He just got kicked off his team, so, the draft is his logical choice. would you want him and in what round??

He could be a good project

Two words: **** no.

Finsperfect72
01-06-2006, 10:36 PM

Only difference is that Brady probably didn't pull half the s*** that Vick has pulled. He's not worth the trouble.

WeVie
01-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Why did he get kicked off the team?

Joneal7
01-06-2006, 10:46 PM
yeah i wouldnt mind him....

MillerTime
01-06-2006, 10:51 PM

You would spend the 16th overall pick on this kid? lol, I wish you were the Fins GM.
I wouldnt spend a 4th on the guy, let alone the 16th pick.

chrome4
01-06-2006, 11:09 PM

- Enter the NFL draft.

You lost all your finheaven street cred
How this post made me feel:
:sidelol: - :lol: - :goof: - :rolleyes: - :( - :mad: - :fire: - :cry: - :shakeno: - :confused:

RunningBackGuru
01-06-2006, 11:25 PM

- Enter the NFL draft.

No way in hell we would draft him 16th. And he is too young to play right now (IMO). Nobody will take him.

RunningBackGuru
01-06-2006, 11:26 PM
You lost all your finheaven street cred
How this post made me feel:
:sidelol: - :lol: - :goof: - :( - :mad: - :fire: - :cry: - :shakeno: - :confused:

:lol:

Ross
01-06-2006, 11:38 PM
....with one of our three 7th round picks..........maybe.

Then again, maybe not.

I don't think he uses a first day pick, but I see saban thinking he can mold him...

finfansince72
01-07-2006, 12:42 AM
I never, NEVER want to see this POS in a Phin uniform. EVER.

dolphan117
01-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Local CBS 11 o clock news just said that Marcus has told his lawyer he will declar for the nfl draft. Sorry I cant provide a link.

fitskin
01-07-2006, 03:23 AM
Where does Vick go now that he has declared?

Motion
01-07-2006, 03:25 AM
Where does Vick go now that he has declared?

You should check the HUGE Vick thread thats already here.

fitskin
01-07-2006, 03:29 AM
Sorry

PhenomenalPhin
01-07-2006, 04:37 AM
I think I read a quote of marcus vick saying " I'm going to move on to the next level, baby ". This guy has problems and for some one who is still living off his brother's money he sure has a huge ego. I know Saban won't allow that type of behavior on his team.

Motion
01-07-2006, 04:39 AM
I never, NEVER want to see this POS in a Phin uniform. EVER.

+1

silverloop13
01-07-2006, 07:02 AM
The player from Lousiville had to sit out a series while the trainers looked at his leg. Keep in mind hes an all american DE and having him out a series was a big blow to the team. If you see the clip its obvious Vick meant to hurt him. The guy he did this to ( Elvis Dumervil) is projected to be a possible first round pick. A leg injury could have cost him alot.

To add salt to it all Vick claimed he contacted Dumervil and apologized. When asked about it Dumervil said he never received an apology.

finfansince72
01-07-2006, 07:03 AM
Hopefully anywhere but Miami.

MiamiDolphins34
01-07-2006, 09:34 AM
Would you? For a 4th or lower i would.Is he entering the draft?