PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Jay Cutler I

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Lazy1
11-05-2005, 10:56 PM
I have never seen this guy play until today but let me tell you something, this guy can play. I was at the UF game and saw him in person and he is a hell of a qb. IMO he has everything you look for in a franshice qb he has mobile(enough) and has a very strong arm. If he was on a better team the talk about this kid would be through the roof. I think all in all he will end up being a 1st round pick.

BigScuingili
11-05-2005, 10:58 PM
the game isn;t even over yet?

Lazy1
11-05-2005, 11:00 PM
the game isn;t even over yet?

Yea i left at half time so i could watch the miami game.

Lazy1
11-05-2005, 11:28 PM
I'm kind of regretting leaving this game...

nolefin
11-05-2005, 11:28 PM
imo when its all said and done cutler will be the best qb to come out this year. cutler> lineart imo

nolefin
11-05-2005, 11:31 PM
the only reason vandy is in this game is cutler fla is got way more talent, cutler has a rocket

Lazy1
11-05-2005, 11:31 PM
imo when its all said and done cutler will be the best qb to come out this year. cutler> lineart imo

Honestly i wouldn't doubt it. I'm watching this guy in disbelieve he is so athletic, big, and has a hell of a strong arm. His throws for the most part are right on target and if there not its because he is throwing off balance because there is pressure in his face. I really want the dolphins to draft this guy.

nolefin
11-05-2005, 11:32 PM
all tied up, i swear we should use our #1 pick on this guy,

bigow
11-05-2005, 11:37 PM
I have never seen this guy play until today but let me tell you something, this guy can play. I was at the UF game and saw him in person and he is a hell of a qb. IMO he has everything you look for in a franshice qb he has mobile(enough) and has a very strong arm. If he was on a better team the talk about this kid would be through the roof. I think all in all he will end up being a 1st round pick. This was my first time to see the dude ever and ive watched from the mid 4rth and from what i see is Tom Brady with the same cool but more athletic.... I'm not a band wagon type but i want him to be our next qb. if he played with better talent he would be awesome

Motion
11-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Looks like my fears of Florida overlooking Vandy came true. Tied up with 25 seconds left at the moment. I must say I am extremely impressed with Jay Cutler. I can see why he was named to the preseason All-SEC team.

nolefin
11-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Looks like my fears of Florida overlooking Vandy came true. Tied up with 25 seconds left at the moment. I must say I am extremely impressed with Jay Cutler. I can see why he was named to the preseason All-SEC team.

ahh dont start backing down now you were dogging my noles and now your gaters are in trouble, i think fla will pull it out though. cutler is a beast your right.

Motion
11-06-2005, 12:07 AM
He's not an unkown. He was named to the preseason All-SEC team, which is voted on by the coaches, ahead of Chris Leak and DJ Shockley. He's definitely the real deal.

Motion
11-06-2005, 12:09 AM
ahh dont start backing down now you were dogging my noles and now your gaters are in trouble, i think fla will pull it out though. cutler is a beast your right.

I'm not backing down at all. All week I was thinking about the Gators overlooking Vandy after a big win against Georgia last week. Vandy is much better this season than usual. I think this was a good thing for Florida though, reality check.

sports24/7
11-06-2005, 12:25 AM
I don't know about first round, but I like the guy alot.

nick1
11-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Jay Cutler is great and I hope the Dolphins draft him. He aviods the sack and then completes a pass very often. He has a strong arm and is accurate as can be. If only his WRs were better than he would have better stats but stats are a little overrated. Jay Cutler will be a good NFL QB.

He is only the 2nd QB I have been really impressed by out of the possible draft prospects. (the other being Brady Quiin).

marino1348
11-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Wow . I live in nashville and i didnt even know it was in OT. I was shocked to say the least. I have thought he would make a good Pro Qb for a while. too bad his team sucks. The only college Qb i like more than him is Quinn. I would all be for drafting him with a 2nd or late first

nick1
11-06-2005, 12:52 AM
my wish list has changed to:

J.Peterson and J.Kitna in free agency
trade Madison for 4th or 5th rounder
draft an immediate impact player in the 1st
draft J.Cutler in the 2nd

or in another scenario I would trade down in the 1st to pick up another 2nd or possibly another 1st and then draft J.Cutler late in the 1st

Phinmaster1354
11-06-2005, 12:58 AM
OKAY!! There are way too many Spielman's on this thread! Everybody is a scout now!! Let me guess, Cutler has some major upside with somer acute velocity on his hardball and is able to read defenses the best since Peyton Manning choking year in,year out against the Gators! This Cutler guy is the best since sliced bread man! He's a surefire 1st pick overall in the draft! PLEASE! Let's give the draft talk a rest! It's still pretty early in the season!Let's enjoy the season. This isn't fantasy football!

Lazy1
11-06-2005, 01:21 AM
OKAY!! There are way too many Spielman's on this thread! Everybody is a scout now!! Let me guess, Cutler has some major upside with somer acute velocity on his hardball and is able to read defenses the best since Peyton Manning choking year in,year out against the Gators! This Cutler guy is the best since sliced bread man! He's a surefire 1st pick overall in the draft! PLEASE! Let's give the draft talk a rest! It's still pretty early in the season!Let's enjoy the season. This isn't fantasy football!

It's saturday so all the college teams are playing so some people are going to feel like discussing the future of our team when we get a chance to see some good talent(don't get involved in the thread if u don't like it). We aren't speilmans over here, look the guy up he is already projected to go in the first round by many experts and this game vs florida officially made him a big namer. He is the type of guy that his stock will sky rocket once he works out for teams, the guy is 6'4-6'5 230 lb's and has an absolute cannon(all things pro scouts looks for) i believer hes been a starter for like 3 years now so he is a seasoned college qb. I hope we seriously consider drafting this guy.

finfanlover
11-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Is this guy good enough to be a top ten pick if so would we even have a chance at him considering all of the bad quarterbacking teams ahead of us, and is a trade up a possibility.

ChambersWI
11-06-2005, 01:36 AM
he's not a 1st rounder, but I would love to have him w/ our 2nd round pick.

Cutler has the same problem Charlie Frye had last year. He has all the tools, but is an unknown to most of the world (and is team is mediocre at best). Cutler is also a great athlete.

Phinadict
11-06-2005, 01:38 AM
he was born the same year Marino was drafted...

Sign 'em up!

finfanlover
11-06-2005, 01:41 AM
If Vince Young dosn't come out and most other junior qb's don't will it be like last year with Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith, not really derserving of a high first round grade but since there the only really two probaly legit qbs forcing him into that top of the draft because there aren't that many legitimate qb's this year?

Lazy1
11-06-2005, 01:42 AM
he's not a 1st rounder, but I would love to have him w/ our 2nd round pick.

Cutler has the same problem Charlie Frye had last year. He has all the tools, but is an unknown to most of the world (and is team is mediocre at best). Cutler is also a great athlete.

Cutler is too good of an athlete to slip into the 2nd imo. I think for him the worste case scenario is he is in a Losman type situation where someone will take a chance on him with a late 1st rounder just on his physical talent alone, however i think cutler is in a really good situation this year alot of teams are in need of qb's and he will dominate at workouts(IMO) and his draft status will rise. I see him going mid first round possibly sooner.

Motion
11-06-2005, 01:48 AM
I'd love to see him in a Fins uni next year.

bigow
11-06-2005, 01:50 AM
OKAY!! There are way too many Spielman's on this thread! Everybody is a scout now!! Let me guess, Cutler has some major upside with somer acute velocity on his hardball and is able to read defenses the best since Peyton Manning choking year in,year out against the Gators! This Cutler guy is the best since sliced bread man! He's a surefire 1st pick overall in the draft! PLEASE! Let's give the draft talk a rest! It's still pretty early in the season!Let's enjoy the season. This isn't fantasy football!I don't ever trip on every college week and say we should draft this guy or whatnot, but he really caught my spidey senses in about a half a quarter... Which no i'm not a scout but i know a blue chipper when i see one. Dude is the real deal :D

rafael
11-06-2005, 01:52 AM
During the telecast, the announcers said that Cutler's dad advised him to go pro last year. Cutler contacted the NFL and they told him he'd be a third rounder. He felt he could improve that so he came back for this season.

bigow
11-06-2005, 01:54 AM
OKAY!! There are way too many Spielman's on this thread! Everybody is a scout now!! Let me guess, Cutler has some major upside with somer acute velocity on his hardball and is able to read defenses the best since Peyton Manning choking year in,year out against the Gators! This Cutler guy is the best since sliced bread man! He's a surefire 1st pick overall in the draft! PLEASE! Let's give the draft talk a rest! It's still pretty early in the season!Let's enjoy the season. This isn't fantasy football! Oh and i haven't lost faith for this year, i never do.... Fins are my team bro :cry: :lol:

nick1
11-06-2005, 08:54 AM
During the telecast, the announcers said that Cutler's dad advised him to go pro last year. Cutler contacted the NFL and they told him he'd be a third rounder. He felt he could improve that so he came back for this season.
also note that during the telecast the annoucers said he compares similiar to Brett Farve, So we aren't the only ones impressed by him

BLITZKRIEG
11-06-2005, 09:12 AM
I'm a big Gators fan, and last night I was alittle worried.....

Cutler has a great game, and should be considered a first round selection in the the 2006 NFL Draft IMO. He's got a great arm, he has poise, and his accuracy was impressive as well.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

NorFlaFin
11-06-2005, 09:16 AM
also note that during the telecast the annoucers said he compares similiar to Brett Farve, So we aren't the only ones impressed by him

I caught that as well.

Jay Cutler = Brett Farve? That's a real stretch. Cutler is really, really good. But Farve during his Jr was a man on fire.

Pitbull13
11-06-2005, 09:48 AM
I thought you were talking about the Bodybuilder Jay Cutler.

BlueFin
11-06-2005, 09:50 AM
I have never seen this guy play until today but let me tell you something, this guy can play. I was at the UF game and saw him in person and he is a hell of a qb. IMO he has everything you look for in a franshice qb he has mobile(enough) and has a very strong arm. If he was on a better team the talk about this kid would be through the roof. I think all in all he will end up being a 1st round pick.

I caught a little of that game on TV, I was impressed with his arm also, but I want to see more.

Winbaby#23
11-06-2005, 10:03 AM
I thought you were talking about the Bodybuilder Jay Cutler.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KB21
11-06-2005, 10:48 AM
Jay Cutler will be this year's Jason Campbell in the draft. He will be a first round pick in April, no matter if Vince the glorified running back Young comes out or not.

MiamiDolphins34
11-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Jay...yikes what a name.

finswin56
11-06-2005, 11:07 AM
I was much more impressed by Cutler than I expected to be.

Eric-Honduras
11-06-2005, 11:16 AM
He was on fire... id like him.... hes a guy that probably will move up to first round after his workouts... gator fan here... i dont know how we won that game...

rafael
11-06-2005, 01:08 PM

I missed when they said that, but that's what I was thinking too. The thing is that Favre has such a big arm that it's hard to put many others in the same category, but he did show many of Favre's other tangible and intangible skills.

Mike13
11-06-2005, 01:28 PM
That was a great game. Im happy UF came out on top though both QBs plyed well.Cutler will go in the First or Second Round.

he was born the same year Marino was drafted...Sign 'em up!

Its a sign!

Dolphin North
11-06-2005, 01:40 PM
all tied up, i swear we should use our #1 pick on this guy,

Well I've never seen him and have no idea, but it's nice to hear about another good QB. Gives us more of a chance to draft a winner. It's not a case of him benefitting from the talent around him, or a weak D? Does he usually play well? Anybody else seen him play that can shed more light?
Thanks for the thread, it's encouraging.

Lazy1
11-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Well I've never seen him and have no idea, but it's nice to hear about another good QB. Gives us more of a chance to draft a winner. It's not a case of him benefitting from the talent around him, or a weak D? Does he usually play well? Anybody else seen him play that can shed more light?

I haven't seen him play other than the gator game but there has been some buzz about the guy so hes not really a nobody who had one good game, he leads the SEC in passing and has been a starter for 3 years(granted its for vanderbilt) they are a winning team right now and its largely because of cutler. The gators defense is not that great covering the pass but there by no means a bad defense and jay made them look bad last night.

finswin56
11-06-2005, 01:48 PM

Well, he plays for Vanderbilt, which is the least talented team in the SEC East, probably the entire SEC.
They Gators have one of the highest ranked defenses in the country.
Last year he won the All SEC QB award.

He is just another case of a very talented QB in a low profile school w/ very little talent to work with.

EDIT: I forgot to say that this game was in Gainesville. The Swamp is not exactly friendly to incoming QB's

Motion
11-06-2005, 05:15 PM
The gators defense is not that great covering the pass but there by no means a bad defense and jay made them look bad last night.

The Gators defense was top 10 in the nation coming into that game.

Motion
11-06-2005, 05:16 PM
Well, he plays for Vanderbilt, which is the least talented team in the SEC East, probably the entire SEC.

They are much better than both Kentucky and Ole Miss.

Cutler was the preseason All-SEC QB.

SMadison29
11-06-2005, 05:28 PM
He is just another case of a very talented QB in a low profile school w/ very little talent to work with.

Except he has the experience of playing vs top notch talent year in & year out unlike most of the QBs in the MAC.

Lazy1
11-06-2005, 06:24 PM
The Gators defense was top 10 in the nation coming into that game.

Yeah there obvious weakness is there pass coverage though. Vanderbilt is probaply the first team the gators have faced that are truely a passing team. Argubly alabama but they are a little more balanced then vandy, but for the most part the gators can and will get expoided in the secondary especially vs teams that spread it out and they will struggle big time vs USC next week IMO.

Jaj
11-14-2005, 02:35 AM
Well the kid's for real if he can play against top competition like that, but we'll see where he can reach before the draft. If Quinn doesn't come out and Young also stays then, Leinart, Omar Jacobs, Cutler, and Croyle I guess are the top4. Pinegar is probably after them.

Motion
11-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Well the kid's for real if he can play against top competition like that, but we'll see where he can reach before the draft. If Quinn doesn't come out and Young also stays then, Leinart, Omar Jacobs, Cutler, and Croyle I guess are the top4. Pinegar is probably after them.

Jacobs is no where near the top 4.

Danny
12-15-2005, 11:59 AM
I like Cutler and I've said that he could be our pick if he's there and I know lots of you have said the same thing.But what would you guys say if Cutler's there and Nick doesn't take him? Would all those stupid threads about "Nick sucks" come back again? I'm with Saban regarless of who he takes....I think some people get in their minds that we have to take a particular guy(when they haven't even seen the guy play sometimes)that they think is a given that the team will take that player and when they don't pick him then everyone thinks is the end of the world.I still think that if Cutler's there we could take him...I just don't think is a given and I trust Nick to do what's best for the team. :dolphins:

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

pwn3dyo
12-15-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm sure Saban will study him thoroughly and to a par, and will know 100x more than Cutler than any of us. So if anyone says "Nick Sucks" because the dolphins didn't draft him they are ignorant. If Rick Spielman was the GM...i would understand the fans being upset, he is terrible. However, nick is on top of his game.

VanDolPhan
They won't take Cutler at all with a first.

Saban's first draft has pretty much set the tone that he will not reach for talent. Cutler is 2nd round talent that some team will grossly overpay for ala Campbell, Losman etc.

nick1
if he doesn't take him than he doesn't take him, as long as we get our QB of the future this offseason than I'm fine with whoever he takes. Although if we take a QB I want Cutler and if not I want Chad Greenway

PhinSoldia
12-15-2005, 12:03 PM
i agree...i would want a Qb to come out of the draft and have a substantial shot at learning being developed and becoming a team leader BUT..where ever Saban goes with the draft and this team is his decision not mine. he knows whats suites HIS team needs and what will get the W and eventually the Superbowl in the end

PhinSoldia
12-15-2005, 12:05 PM

Saban's first draft has pretty much set the tone that he will not reach for talent. Cutler is 2nd round talent that some team will grossly overpay for ala Campbell, Losman etc.

are you telling me that jason Cambell can't be a starter in this league..he has work YES but doesnt Vince Young and ahem...Jay Cutler have work to do?

fishypete
12-15-2005, 12:07 PM
One....we are only guessing that the Dolphins will draft a QB...at least early in the draft....and two....again...we are only guessing on whom the Dolphins will take IF they do draft a QB early in the draft. NOTHING is in stone that Cutler or any other QB will be a Dolphin.

VanDolPhan
12-15-2005, 12:12 PM
are you telling me that jason Cambell can't be a starter in this league..he has work YES but doesnt Vince Young and ahem...Jay Cutler have work to do?

I'm saying Jason Campbell was a reach.

Al13
12-15-2005, 12:13 PM
if he doesn't take him than he doesn't take him, as long as we get our QB of the future this offseason than I'm fine with whoever he takes. Although if we take a QB I want Cutler and if not I want Chad Greenway

why you have ngate in your offseason wish list as the 1st rounder then ?

ILPhinFan88
12-15-2005, 12:15 PM
I like Cutler, but I trust Saban.

:dolphins:

nick1
12-15-2005, 12:16 PM
why you have ngate in your offseason wish list as the 1st rounder then ?
I have to update it, I think his draft stock has risen

PhinSoldia
12-15-2005, 12:18 PM
I'm saying Jason Campbell was a reach.

might be and BUT he is a starting calibre QB

VanDolPhan
12-15-2005, 12:20 PM

So? It doesn't have any factor on either of my statements and but's and mights have no meaning either in a discussion. Until he proves he's a starting calibre QB he is not.

Dphins
12-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Although I don't like it I think we will sign Aaron Brooks in the off season. Mueler really likes this guy. I prefer guys who can make plays from the pocket and don't make really bad decisions. I think we will take a Qb in the later rounds as a project.

Gonzo
12-15-2005, 12:24 PM

He never said he isn't (though what has he done to show either way?). He only said that he was a reach, which most believe he was.

Danny
12-15-2005, 12:25 PM
That's my order of preference too.If we don't take Cutler and Greenway's there then I'd like us to draft him...all that of course if Ngata's gone which he should be but you never know. I agree with the guys that feel Nick might just go with the best player out there and that's not a QB at 15...he could go QB in the 2nd or 3rd and we should be prepared for that....whatever Nick does is fine with me after the great draft he had last year. :dolphins:

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

larfo2224
12-15-2005, 01:01 PM
I think we have to trust in Nick. He has proven to judge talent well, based on his first draft and I don't thnk he will reach for a player in the first round that does not have a first round grade in his book, just to fill a need.

adamprez2003
12-15-2005, 01:06 PM
Saban hasn't sold me that he understands what an NFL QB is supposed to be. However when it comes to Cutler I will trust his judgement in that he is from the SEC and Saban should have a good bead on his abilities. Personally I like the kid but if Saban doesnt I'll assume he knows something about it.

NYinBostonFin
12-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Although I don't like it I think we will sign Aaron Brooks in the off season. Mueler really likes this guy. I prefer guys who can make plays from the pocket and don't make really bad decisions. I think we will take a Qb in the later rounds as a project.

Did you just say that Aaron Brooks doesnt make bad decisions???? :lol:

Obviously you have never watched a Saints game.

dahlmarino
12-15-2005, 01:10 PM
It doesnt scare me as much as the very real possibility of the Jets being in a position to take Bush in the first and Cutler in the second (a la the Chargers with Tomlinson and Brees a few years back). I hope Cutler either goes to Miami, or nowhere in the AFC East.

rafael
12-15-2005, 01:23 PM
I would probably pick Cutler. If Saban didn't I would give him the benefit of the doubt for now. So, I wouldn't say he sucks or anything like that. I would probably say what I would have done, but I wouldn't say he was wrong. However, if 3 years from now Cutler is tearing up the league and we're still sifting through retreads and feeling we could be a SB team if we only had a QB like Cutler, then yeah, I'll say he was wrong. I did that when Wanny passed on Brees. I said I would have picked Brees, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I didn't blast him here or anywhere else. Three years later, I feel I was right and Wanny was wrong.

scenaria
12-15-2005, 01:24 PM
I think everyone worries to much :)

its not like we can control what the coach does..

I prefer to kick back and see what he does.

Regan21286
12-15-2005, 01:31 PM
I like Cutler and I've said that he could be our pick if he's there and I know lots of you have said the same thing.But what would you guys say if Cutler's there and Nick doesn't take him? Would all those stupid threads about "Nick sucks" come back again? I'm with Saban regarless of who he takes....I think some people get in their minds that we have to take a particular guy(when they haven't even seen the guy play sometimes)that they think is a given that the team will take that player and when they don't pick him then everyone thinks is the end of the world.I still think that if Cutler's there we could take him...I just don't think is a given and I trust Nick to do what's best for the team. :dolphins:

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

If Saban and Mueller both pass on Cutler, then they could be right. They've got great football minds and if that's their decision then I understand and recognize it. They know what's best for the team. If they think Cutler's right and draft him, fine. If they believe Leinart's the only right option and they need to enact a trade, fine. IF they think Gus is our franchise QB, fine though I'll be a bit concerned.

adamprez2003
12-15-2005, 01:32 PM
IF they think Gus is our franchise QB, fine though I'll be a bit concerned. That's gotta be the understatement of the year:)

BlueFin
12-15-2005, 01:33 PM

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

I have obviously been a big proponent of drafting Jay Cutler, I have been pretty good at evaluating QB talent in the past, however, I don't presume to know as much about this kid as Nick Saban and Randy Mueller do.

I hope their opinion matches mine, but I trust them if they don't agree.

I think only an ignorant fan would dislike a coach soley on the basis of him not drafting the player that fan wanted.

vmarcilfan75
12-15-2005, 01:47 PM
I think everyone worries to much :)

its not like we can control what the coach does..

I prefer to kick back and see what he does.

:)

Sirspud
12-15-2005, 02:03 PM
He never said he isn't (though what has he done to show either way?). He only said that he was a reach, which most believe he was.

Considering guys like Chris Simms, Matt Schaub, Charlie Frye, etc. can be had in the later rounds, I don't see how Campbell wasn't a reach. That was certainly a surprise of the draft, second to Rodgers.

Spegg
12-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Someone else will. Who cares anyway. The draft is more than 4 months away. We are still playing with a chance at the playoffs and there is a lot that can happen between now and April 29th.

dolphan117
12-15-2005, 02:43 PM

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

Yes they would, "Nick sucks, Nick is a idiot ect" would be on the front page yet again. :(

fishfan34
12-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Even more than trusting Nick, with Mueller's past success in selecting Quarterbacks, I trust him as well. If Cutler is there and we pass, I will have ever confidence in the world that Nick and Randy see or saw something in him to make them beleive he isn't the answer at quarterback for this team.

TotoreMexico
12-15-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm with Saban no matter what:dolphins:

fishfan34
12-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Someone else will. Who cares anyway. The draft is more than 4 months away. We are still playing with a chance at the playoffs and there is a lot that can happen between now and April 29th.

I agree with this too. We're three games away from the end of the regular season and we are still talking playoff's. However slim the chances are and being realistic tells me that the scenario possible for us to win the division is a long shot, it's still a breath of fresh air to be in this position after suffering through last year. Realistically, I think the Bucs can beat New England this weekend and I think we should be the Jets. Having said that, that makes it at least one more meaningful game we'll play (Tennessee) ... I'd say going into the 2nd to last week of the season with playoff's still in reach is a big turnaround from 4-12.. And that is with the upgrades at QB, CB, WR, and Safety still needed..

DolphinsRising
12-15-2005, 03:04 PM

Nothing to do with the thread topic but...
Brooks = Gus Frerotte. Both are inaccurate quarterbacks. No thanks.

Alex44
12-15-2005, 03:08 PM
Nothing to do with the thread topic but...
Brooks = Gus Frerotte. Both are inaccurate quarterbacks. No thanks.

what?

Aaron brooks is almost 8% more accurate than Gus

Brooks is a playmaker and a great QB there is no way you can say anything bad about Brooks play prior to this year

DolphinsRising
12-15-2005, 03:14 PM

Agreed. Nick may have an opportunity to take advantage of such a situation if you believe all the hype. He has experience coaching against Cutler which may be helpful in determining his value.

Canadi-Phin
12-15-2005, 03:16 PM
I just want a valuable piece to the team in the first. I would rather have a solid starter for 8 years than reach for a Qb. If the solid starter is a QB great if not fine. Just get us a player.

DolphinsRising
12-15-2005, 03:19 PM
what?

Aaron brooks is almost 8% more accurate than Gus

Brooks is a playmaker and a great QB there is no way you can say anything bad about Brooks play prior to this year

Career numbers 56.4 for Brooks. Gus is 54.1. Both are below average as starting quarterbacks in that regard. Gus misses more than enough opportunities (never mind the drops) and I don't see how Brooks really would improve upon that.

houtz
12-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Yeah Jason Cambell I did not see going in the first round. I did however see him going early to mid 2nd round.

Alex44
12-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Career numbers 56.4 for Brooks. Gus is 54.1. Both are below average as starting quarterbacks in that regard. Gus misses more than enough opportunities (never mind the drops) and I don't see how Brooks really would improve upon that.

If you take 2002 and 2005 out of brooks stats he has been around 59% career

He had 2 bad years that have really dropped his average

Brooks is a great QB look at the team he has played on all these years, it amazes me his #'s are even that good, TD to INT's career 120 TD's to 84 INT's

thats pretty good

He has no talent around him other than Joe Horn what do you want him to do? oh and he has no O-line

adamprez2003
12-15-2005, 03:30 PM
If you talk to people in New Orleans he is a notorious partier. He's been seen down on Bourbon Streat on a Saturday night before a game partying into the morning hours. Do you really want to bring him to Miami with its nightlife?

NYinBostonFin
12-15-2005, 03:33 PM

Brooks is a great QB look at the team he has played on all these years, it amazes me his #'s are even that good, TD to INT's career 120 TD's to 84 INT's

thats pretty good

He has no talent around him other than Joe Horn what do you want him to do? oh and he has no O-line

Horn is a great WR....he's had him his whole career
D. Stallworth.....has great potential and at times shows flashes of being a great WR though he is inconsistent.
Mcallister is a great catching RB

Why shouldnt his #'s be good?
Aaron is not a guy that can bring the team back from any deficit.
The Saints had to dumb down the playbook to make it easier on Aaron. (sound like someone Saban wants?)

He has the ability....but makes too many bad decisions to be a good QB.
He has had ONE good year.

DolphinsRising
12-15-2005, 03:40 PM
I love that excuse, no talent around him. Look at what Tom Brady does with no talent around him. Horn and Ricky/McCallister is enough talent around Brooks. If you just want to look at certain years and come up with numbers be my guest. I looked at his career numbers as a starter and they still come out to 56% completion percentage. TDs to INTs ratio is good but not great. If you want to consider a QB great then that ratio has to be 2 to 1 minimum (imo). Brooks is better than Frerotte but it's not enough of a difference for it to matter. That's enough from me on Brooks as it has nothing to do with Cutler. Feel free to rebut. I'll read it but I will not respond.

islandah
12-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Bottom line-Nick will be working with far more information than I'll have, and the decisions and moves he's made so far have completely earned my confidence. Whoever he takes at whatever position, I will be confident it was the appropriate choice based on a very disciplined approach and significant research and analysis.

Agent51
12-15-2005, 04:08 PM

thats pretty good

Duece McAllister? He's injured this year, but Brooks was still poor before the injury, and the Saints did nothing before this year either. Brooks is just bad. The "he just has a bad cast" defense could be used for dozens of possible QB then, it doesn't mean we should sign them.

RunningBackGuru
12-15-2005, 04:20 PM

I agree.

Wannstedt Sux
12-15-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm a little worried about Saban/Muellers judgment when it comes to QB talent, and I have a baaaaad feeling that instead of going after a stud like Cutler, they will bring in some bum like David Garrard, Casey Printers or Rohan Davey. Everyone points to Mueller having some "big success" in New Orleans for finding Aaron Brooks, but last time I checked, Aaron Brooks wasnt exactly tearing up the league. In fact, he was recently benched in favor of backup Todd Bouman. Hell, he should have been replaced 2 years ago. Not exactly an astounding success story IMO

Silverphin
12-21-2005, 10:50 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Cutler_%28football_player%29

Edit: Here's some more info.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=115374

And his stats of this year:

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
Jay Cutler 273 462 3073 59.1 6.7 21 9 126.1

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/teamStats?categoryId=86106

Motion
12-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Great write up. And people say he lacks mobility. :shakeno:

RunningBackGuru
12-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the links. He looks pretty good. :)

dm416
12-21-2005, 11:11 PM
We need to draft this guy

caneaddict
12-22-2005, 01:02 AM
Actually that ESPN link with his game log really scares me.

Cutler was not talked about at all through 3 years at Vandy. This year it wasn't until the Florida game that people started considering him a real prospect. After Florida he only played 2 more games and has now shot up to the top half of the 1st round.

His stats for the first 8 games = 9 TD's and 7 Int's
His stats for the last 3 games = 12 TD's and 2 Int's

So those numbers look like he's been a mediocre QB who blew up during the last 3 games of his senior year, Florida, Kentucky, and Tennessee. A guy making that big a move on 3 games is scary.

However, I have faith in Saban and I don't think he would be fooled into drafting a guy because of 3 games. If Saban drafts him then clearly he sees something. It will be interesting to see; will he really climb up the board and turn into a star or will he slide on draft day like Rodgers and have his team already considering other options 6 months after the draft?

Jaj
12-22-2005, 01:10 AM

Cutler was not talked about at all through 3 years at Vandy. This year it wasn't until the Florida game that people started considering him a real prospect. After Florida he only played 2 more games and has now shot up to the top half of the 1st round.

So those numbers look like he's been a mediocre QB who blew up during the last 3 games of his senior year, Florida, Kentucky, and Tennessee. A guy making that big a move on 3 games is scary.

However, I have faith in Saban and I don't think he would be fooled into drafting a guy because of 3 games. If Saban drafts him then clearly he sees something. It will be interesting to see; will he really climb up the board and turn into a star or will he slide on draft day like Rodgers and have his team already considering other options 6 months after the draft?

Ever heard of Carson Palmer, who blew up to be a top prospect only well into his senior campaign.

PHINZONER
12-22-2005, 01:26 AM
1 TD and 3 int's in the 2 toughest games! UGA and LSU

PHINZONER
12-22-2005, 01:28 AM
Maybe he is the Miami Dolphins Chrismas present in April. He was born in Santa Claus, In.

Danny
12-22-2005, 02:13 AM
Nick knows what he's doing...if he takes Cutler he'll be fine.

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

MiamiMan147
12-22-2005, 02:14 AM
You can't judge a QB who plays at Vanderbilt by his stats. Its not like he got a lot of help there.

caneaddict
12-22-2005, 02:16 AM
Ever heard of Carson Palmer, who blew up to be a top prospect only well into his senior campaign.

Yeah I do.

That's why I didn't say we shouldn't draft this guy. Just that he scares me. And I specifically said that I trust Saban so if he sees enough in him then I'm a believer.

dominizzo
12-22-2005, 02:21 AM
They Say Cutler is a Brett FAvre Clone

Kobe
12-22-2005, 02:26 AM
You can't judge a QB who plays at Vanderbilt by his stats. Its not like he got a lot of help there.

Quoted for truth.

kastofsna120
12-22-2005, 03:10 AM

actually he was talked about before the season a lot. most draftniks had him as the #2 or #3 senior QB prospect behind leinart. and he was voted preseason first-team SEC. the reason he wasn't talked about in the previous 3 years was because he was mainly an option QB on a bad team that relied on its good group of runningbacks

Silverphin
12-22-2005, 09:42 AM
You are all welcome. I was just trying to get info on this guy ever since I heard about Vandy making Florida fight for a win (through two overtimes, may I add).

spike owen
12-22-2005, 12:38 PM

Take a look at Dan Marino his senior year. He threw a ton of interceptions on a bad Pitt team. That and the cocaine allegations are why he slipped in the draft. It's not always about stats. Sometimes it's about the team you are playing with. The key is analyzing his motion, ability, agility, arm strength, and drive. You need to be able to project how he will play not just with NFL-caliber players surrounding him, but also in the offense you run at the pro level.

That being said, I like him a lot, but am not sold on him. I just don't have the experience of an NFL quarterback scout to make the analysis. I thought Major Harris would be a good pro!

Bellson
12-22-2005, 12:41 PM
cutler is getting way too much hype... im not saying he isnt talented but after last years whole ordeal with Alex Smith, I think you guys next to relax a little bit.

Becks7
12-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Is that him holding that trophy?

cdz12250
12-22-2005, 01:21 PM

Cutler.
Vanderbilt.
Last time we got a quarterback from one of those "academically privileged" schools we ended up with Jay Fiedler...

Silverphin
12-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Cutler.
Vanderbilt.
Last time we got a quarterback from one of those "academically privileged" schools we ended up with Jay Fiedler...

To be fair, Fielder was the Jaguar's back up, not a QB drafted us.

spike owen
12-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Cutler.
Vanderbilt.

I wouldn't compare Vanderbilt academically to Dartmouth. And Vanderbilt gives athletic scholarships--Dartmouth doesn't. Not to mention you evaluate based on talent, not what school you go to.

Alex44
12-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Jay Cutler (born April 29 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_29), 1983 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983) in santa claus, Indiana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana), USA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA))

Guess he will have no problem playin for Saint Nick :lol:

Motion
12-22-2005, 03:11 PM
1 TD and 3 int's in the 2 toughest games! UGA and LSU

UGA? Florida was a MUCH tougher game, in the SWAMP. Not being a homer.

ckparrothead
12-22-2005, 03:11 PM
actually he was talked about before the season a lot. most draftniks had him as the #2 or #3 senior QB prospect behind leinart. and he was voted preseason first-team SEC. the reason he wasn't talked about in the previous 3 years was because he was mainly an option QB on a bad team that relied on its good group of runningbacks

Thank you for doing my arguing for me on that one.

Yeah, I don't think its fair to say nobody was talking about him when SEC coaches basically voted him as the best QB in the SEC before his senior year.

Plus, to SpeedRush99, who in their right mind said Cutler lacked mobility????

fins5423
12-22-2005, 03:38 PM
I'll be mad if we pass up on Jay Cutler in the 1st round.

TarHeelFinFan
12-22-2005, 03:43 PM
UGA? Florida was a MUCH tougher game, in the SWAMP. Not being a homer. Yes, you are being a homer.

Motion
12-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Yes, you are being a homer.

No, I'm not. Florida had a higher ranked defense and is a tougher place to play.

Motion
12-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Plus, to SpeedRush99, who in their right mind said Cutler lacked mobility????

Check out the College section of the board. Buddwalk has been saying that for awhile now.

Not a scrambler but can avoid taking a big hit...hes not bledsoe slow

funny from what i've heard he runs around a 4.8 40 thats a pretty slow ...not sure though :lol:

Mike13
12-22-2005, 04:09 PM
I'll be mad if we pass up on Jay Cutler in the 1st round.

It could happen Kiper said he may go in the 12 round.

Motion
12-22-2005, 04:15 PM

Kiper said he could go top 12 picks and that wouldn't be passing on him. It'd be missing out on him.

byroan
12-22-2005, 04:20 PM

Kiper's rankings are seniors only. They also don't reflect on where he thinks a player will go. He thinks Cutler is the 12th best senior in the draft. Doesn't mean he'll go anywhere near there.

Motion
12-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Kiper's rankings are seniors only. They also don't reflect on where he thinks a player will go. He thinks Cutler is the 12th best senior in the draft. Doesn't mean he'll go anywhere near there.

No Kiper said he could go top 12 picks. He said this in his draft chat not his board. He said he may not be around when Miami picks. Not that his word is gospel or anything but...............

byroan
12-22-2005, 04:29 PM
No Kiper said he could go top 12 picks. He said this in his draft chat not his board. He said he may not be around when Miami picks. Not that his word is gospel or anything but...............

Cutler would have to do what Rivers did in the Senior bowl to be considered a top 12 pick.

Motion
12-22-2005, 04:45 PM
Cutler would have to do what Rivers did in the Senior bowl to be considered a top 12 pick.

I agree. It could very possibly happen too.

NCDolphinfan
12-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Not to take anything away from cutler but Jay Fiedler posted great numbers in Dartmouth: Fiedler finished his career as Dartmouth's all-time leader in passing yards (6,684), passing touchdowns (58), and total offense (7,249). But yet a majority of dolphin fans never gave him the chance of day in Miami; I myself like Jay fiedler, he only lacked a strong arm. His desire to win was amazing; I do recall players like Brady and Peyton being quoted on how much of a winning desire he has. I guess what I'm getting at is Dolphin fans are a bad judge of Quarterback talent and what is needed to be a QB in the nfl. If Daunte comes back 100% I'd take him over any rookie QB in this draft. I don't see a Dan Marino, John Elway or Jim Kelly in this draft so to say Cutler is our future is being a little blind IMO. I'm not trying to be rude but just stateing the facts. And its gonna be real funny when Nick doesn't draft a QB in the first round like a majority of people think he will do. Saban will draft the best player he can draft! He fills his need in free agency agency and goes for best talent available in the drafts. Keep an eye on this fellow in the future, JaMarcus Russell (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=146755), not saying he is the future but may be a future dolphin!

Motion
12-22-2005, 05:02 PM
Wow, I've heard it all. Comparing Cutler to Fiedler is completely ridiculous! They are nothing alike. Cutler actually has an arm! COme on people!

NCDolphinfan
12-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Wow, I've heard it all. Comparing Cutler to Fiedler is completely ridiculous! They are noth alike. Cutler actually has an arm! COme on people!

I never compared their stats or them as players I only used fiedler as an example how bad dolphin fans are at judging QB talent. Fiedler wasn't a bad QB no matter what people think and thats not just my opinion. Apparently everyone on this board should be a head coach because they seem to think they know more than everyone else on this board and that also they seem to think they know more than the coaches in the NFL. Funny! How can you bring up the arm comment; Gus has an arm and apparently none of you think he is good QB either. I want facts if your gonna tell someone they are wrong!

Motion
12-22-2005, 05:18 PM
I never compared their stats or them as players I only used fiedler as an example how bad dolphin fans are at judging QB talent. Fiedler wasn't a bad QB no matter what people think and thats not just my opinion. Apparently everyone on this board should be a head coach because they seem to think they know more than everyone else on this board and that also they seem to think they know more than the coaches in the NFL. Funny! How can you bring up the arm comment; Gus has an arm and apparently none of you think he is good QB either. I want facts if your gonna tell someone they are wrong!

You weren't the first to say it either. Don't stereotype dolphin fans as bad judges of QB talent, thats ridiculous. All anyone has to do is watch the two play to see they are nothing alike.

NCDolphinfan
12-22-2005, 05:21 PM
You weren't the first to say it either. Don't stereotype dolphin fans as bad judges of QB talent, thats ridiculous. All anyone has to do is watch the two play to see they are nothing alike.

I validate my comment with the above comment!

Motion
12-22-2005, 05:25 PM
I validate my comment with the above comment!

I never said anything about knowing more than anyone else or an NFL coach. Don't know where your pulling that BS from. All I said is that those two players are nothing alike. You didn't validate squat, I didn't see any "facts" in your post that suggested the two are alike either.

NCDolphinfan
12-22-2005, 05:37 PM
I never said anything about knowing more than anyone else or an NFL coach. Don't know where your pulling that BS from. All I said is that those two players are nothing alike. You didn't validate squat, I didn't see any "facts" in your post that suggested the two are alike either.

I never said they were alike! I never compared them! I never said you thought you knew more than a coach. You know what nevermind all you want to do is argue anyway! And you know it all so I'll leave you to rant on your own! If you read what I said you validated for me. Then you would see what I was talking about it, it was the lack of QB talent knowledge! Geez

islandah
12-22-2005, 06:34 PM
You are all welcome. I was just trying to get info on this guy ever since I heard about Vandy making Florida fight for a win (through two overtimes, may I add).
Yup, I'm a big time Gator, but there's no doubt Cutler was the better QB on the field that game. By far.

Motion
12-22-2005, 06:34 PM
I never said they were alike! I never compared them! I never said you thought you knew more than a coach. You know what nevermind all you want to do is argue anyway! And you know it all so I'll leave you to rant on your own! If you read what I said you validated for me. Then you would see what I was talking about it, it was the lack of QB talent knowledge! Geez

WTF?!? How can you not say you compared them? The first 3 lines of your original post did nothing but compare them. Regardless of what you may think I'm not here just to argue just to express my opinions, as you are, as we all are. And for you to insult every Fin fan out there by saying Dolphin fans are bad a judging QB talent is BS. That was my main point. Done.

Motion
12-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Yup, I'm a big time Gator, but there's no doubt Cutler was the better QB on the field that game. By far.

Yep

CrunchTime
12-22-2005, 06:43 PM

I agree with you on both points.There is just too little little info on him.How do we know he is not a streaky kind of QB.From what little I have seen of him he throws off his back foot too much but maybe that can be corrected.

I consider him a project but I will trust Sabans judgement on him.He should know enough about him.

dolphindude13
12-22-2005, 07:55 PM
It could happen Kiper said he may go in the 12 round.12th rd? I hope that was sarcasm. I believe I heard Mortenson or one of them talking heads say he thought after the combines that Cutler would or could end up going ahead of Leinart. Seriously the more I watched the guy the more I liked him. Other than Brady Quinn, I'm not sure if there is another QB I would take before Cutler. I think he'll end up being a very good pro, but then again what do I know? Making the jump from an option QB to a pro style attack has certainly helped his draft position at the least.

dolphindude13
12-22-2005, 08:07 PM
From what little I have seen of him he throws off his back foot too much but maybe that can be corrected.

I consider him a project but I will trust Sabans judgement on him.He should know enough about him. I get your point but honestly isn't the 1st round a bit to early for a "project"? He has good size, excellent arm strength and is pretty atheletic (he ran the option). His big downside is 1.) His name is Jay!
2.) His stats took a quantum leap this year to years past.
3.) I've only seen him a couple of times (I was impressed) and there is a lot of the unknown factor.
Wow you may be right ....all those factors may indeed make him a project...I would just like a little more of a sure thing with a #1 pick.

CrunchTime
12-22-2005, 08:18 PM
I get your point but honestly isn't the 1st round a bit to early for a "project"? He has good size, excellent arm strength and is pretty atheletic (he ran the option). His big downside is 1.) His name is Jay!
3.) I've only seen him a couple of times (I was impressed) and there is a lot of the unknown factor.
Wow you may be right ....all those factors may indeed make him a project...I would just like a little more of a sure thing with a #1 pick.

Thats my point.I think he is a reach for our first round pick.Maybe if we trade down it would be more interesting but he probably wont last that long.Its a calculated risk that Saban must make. .

Silverphin
12-22-2005, 08:20 PM
I get your point but honestly isn't the 1st round a bit to early for a "project"? He has good size, excellent arm strength and is pretty atheletic (he ran the option). His big downside is 1.) His name is Jay!

What is our pick in the 2nd? And how many teams below us in Rd 1 needs a QB worse than us?

Well, let me answer the second question.

Dallas
Minnesota (maybe)
Seattle (maybe)

With Dallas below us, we'll probably lose that guy. And let's say, by some chance, they do pass him up, what if a team that needs a QB selects ahead of us in the 2nd round.

NCDolphinfan
12-22-2005, 08:26 PM
WTF?!? How can you not say you compared them? The first 3 lines of your original post did nothing but compare them. Regardless of what you may think I'm not here just to argue just to express my opinions, as you are, as we all are. And for you to insult every Fin fan out there by saying Dolphin fans are bad a judging QB talent is BS. That was my main point. Done.

Putting words in my mouth..now are we! I gave Jay Fiedler's stats to show he was a great QB in college and IMO and many of the players and coaches was a pretty good QB in the NFL. Yet most dolphin fans never gave him any credit; which to me shows a lack of knowledge in QB talent. I never said Jay Fiedler is a better QB than Cutler or compared their stats to one another. What I'm getting at is you can't judge what a player does in college on how they will be in the NFL. So why don't you take a chill pill and read more closely before you keep making yourself look like a fool! And yes you are being a know it all because aparently you know what I said more than I do! Your being ridiculous! And as far as me supposedly insulting other fans if thats what I was doing as you said thats my opinion. But how is it an insult to state that someone isn't good at something. I wasn't a good three point shooter in highschool and my coach told me that I needed to stay inside and not take the outside shope because of it. Does this mean he is insulting me? No!

Ozzy
12-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Not to take anything away from cutler but Jay Fiedler posted great numbers in Dartmouth: Fiedler finished his career as Dartmouth's all-time leader in passing yards (6,684), passing touchdowns (58), and total offense (7,249). But yet a majority of dolphin fans never gave him the chance of day in Miami; I myself like Jay fiedler, he only lacked a strong arm. His desire to win was amazing; I do recall players like Brady and Peyton being quoted on how much of a winning desire he has. I guess what I'm getting at is Dolphin fans are a bad judge of Quarterback talent and what is needed to be a QB in the nfl. If Daunte comes back 100% I'd take him over any rookie QB in this draft. I don't see a Dan Marino, John Elway or Jim Kelly in this draft so to say Cutler is our future is being a little blind IMO. I'm not trying to be rude but just stateing the facts. And its gonna be real funny when Nick doesn't draft a QB in the first round like a majority of people think he will do. Saban will draft the best player he can draft! He fills his need in free agency agency and goes for best talent available in the drafts. Keep an eye on this fellow in the future, JaMarcus Russell (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=146755), not saying he is the future but may be a future dolphin!

Sorry but you killed your own argument here. Jay's arm is what caused the people to say he just wasn't any good. They were 100% correct too!

He might have done better in a West Coast Offense but that's not what they had in Miami. He could have desire coming out of his ears :ears: but that can only do so much. When you play Qb on a team that likes to throw down field, you actually have to be able to. He could never desire a 50 yard, on the money, strike, but I'm sure he could have dreamed it.

I'm not bashing him either. I like Jay, but I like him a lot more on any team but Miami.

At least with Cutler, comes a good strong arm, with mobility to boot. If they draft him, he may be a bit of a project, but from what I've seen, he is head over heals above Fiedler. Heck, I say even ahead of him after he was in the league for 4 years.

Ozzy
12-22-2005, 09:06 PM
I agree with you on both points.There is just too little little info on him.How do we know he is not a streaky kind of QB.From what little I have seen of him he throws off his back foot too much but maybe that can be corrected.

I consider him a project but I will trust Sabans judgement on him.He should know enough about him.

Now that is the knock I've herd about him. He throws too much off the back foot. If a team is looking to nab him, the best bet would be to research as to how teachable he is. If someone can help him correct that one flaw, it would lead to an even stronger looking arm, and much much better accuracy.

Motion
12-22-2005, 10:14 PM
12th rd? I hope that was sarcasm. I believe I heard Mortenson or one of them talking heads say he thought after the combines that Cutler would or could end up going ahead of Leinart. Seriously the more I watched the guy the more I liked him. Other than Brady Quinn, I'm not sure if there is another QB I would take before Cutler. I think he'll end up being a very good pro, but then again what do I know? Making the jump from an option QB to a pro style attack has certainly helped his draft position at the least.

I've heard that somewhere before ;) . I completely agree with you.

CrunchTime
12-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Now that is the knock I've herd about him. He throws too much off the back foot. If a team is looking to nab him, the best bet would be to research as to how teachable he is. If someone can help him correct that one flaw, it would lead to an even stronger looking arm, and much much better accuracy.

You are right.If he can be taught to eliminate that bad habit it should give his throws more power and accuracy.He seems to have all the tools.I am not sure about his IQ but we should know after the combines.

djfresh47
12-23-2005, 12:41 AM
Cutler is the 2nd best Sr prospect, but that's not saying much. He's a good player, and I would trust Saban's judgement, but if any GM took him over Leinart, I think even Rick Spielman would call them an idiot.

CrunchTime
12-23-2005, 01:08 AM
Cutler is the 2nd best Sr prospect, but that's not saying much. He's a good player, and I would trust Saban's judgement, but if any GM took him over Leinart, I think even Rick Spielman would call them an idiot.

I agree.IMO there is a clear separation between Leinart and the other QBs that will be available in the draft .

Because of need some QBs like Young and Cutler will be drafted ahead of where they should be .IMO they are both risky projects

Ozzy
12-23-2005, 01:44 AM
I agree.IMO there is a clear separation between Leinart and the other QBs that will be available in the draft .

Because of need some QBs like Young and Cutler will be drafted ahead of where they should be .IMO they are both risky projects

That's right on the money if you ask me. Some team with a huge need at Qb will take a flyer, an early one at that, on both of them. But with good reason, both have the tools...

If both Young, and Cutler land where the Qb coach is a great teacher, then both can be stars, with super star capabilities.

Leinart is just hands down, more NFL ready than any Qb.

Coral Reefer
12-23-2005, 02:22 AM
I myself like Jay fiedler, he only lacked a strong arm. His desire to win was amazing; I do recall players like Brady and Peyton being quoted on how much of a winning desire he has. I guess what I'm getting at is Dolphin fans are a bad judge of Quarterback talent !

With your own comments on Fiedler, you've proven at least 1 Dolphin fan is a bad judge of QB talent.

Motion
12-23-2005, 09:22 AM
With your own comments on Fiedler, you've proven at least 1 Dolphin fan is a bad judge of QB talent.

Exactly

NCDolphinfan
12-23-2005, 09:45 AM

Funny thing is I'm not the only one that felt he was a good quarterback. NFL Coaches, players on the dolphins, players not on the dolphins, and sports writers. Ya maybe he didn't have an arm but at that time we weren't a throwing downfield team; we were a run with short passes. Only reason he was forced to throw deep alot was due to bad play calling that forced long 3rd downs. Maybe you people who are criticizing me ought to get a clue about football before you continue. Desire to win, good leader, ability to come from behind, and at times made the big play. Wow I think I just described a couple of the other starting quarterbacks in the NFL. Have a Merry Christmas!

Motion
12-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Funny thing is I'm not the only one that felt he was a good quarterback. NFL Coaches, players on the dolphins, players not on the dolphins, and sports writers. Ya maybe he didn't have an arm but at that time we weren't a throwing downfield team; we were a run with short passes. Only reason he was forced to throw deep alot was due to bad play calling that forced long 3rd downs. Maybe you people who are criticizing me ought to get a clue about football before you continue. Desire to win, good leader, ability to come from behind, and at times made the big play. Wow I think I just described a couple of the other starting quarterbacks in the NFL. Have a Merry Christmas!

And you have the nerve to call other people know-it-alls. But since your a Dolphin fan you must not know anything about QB talent right? :shakeno:

NCDolphinfan
12-23-2005, 09:51 AM
And you have the nerve to call other people know-it-alls. But since your a Dolphin fan you must not know anything about QB talent right? :shakeno:

Apparently you only look for specific statements and never read the whole post! Like the facts that this was all stated by people who are part of the NFL not me. Geez!

fishypete
12-23-2005, 10:01 AM
They Say Cutler is a Brett FAvre Clone

One difference....Bret Favre wasn't a first round pick....and Cutler shouldn't be either.

Motion
12-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Apparently you only look for specific statements and never read the whole post! Like the facts that this was all stated by people who are part of the NFL not me. Geez!

People that are part of the NFL said Dolphin fans are bad at judging QB talent?? Thats a new one.

NCDolphinfan
12-23-2005, 10:15 AM
People that are part of the NFL said Dolphin fans are bad at judging QB talent?? Thats a new one.

Apparently you aren't very bright!

njshorephinfan
12-23-2005, 10:20 AM
I don't think we will have a chance at getting cutler...he is starting to be hyped up by alot of draft analysts which means his draft position is only going to rise and take us out of the mix. I agree with fishypete - he should be a second rounder - he only just this year has been, but its not going to happen. Saban will take the best player available and if its not a QB then thats fine with me, if he picks talent anywhere near as close as last year, then I am a happy fan.

NCDolphinfan
12-23-2005, 10:21 AM
I don't think we will have a chance at getting cutler...he is starting to be hyped up by alot of draft analysts which means his draft position is only going to rise and take us out of the mix. I agree with fishypete - he should be a second rounder - he only just this year has been, but its not going to happen. Saban will take the best player available and if its not a QB then thats fine with me, if he picks talent anywhere near as close as last year, then I am a happy fan.

Agreed

Motion
12-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Apparently you aren't very bright!

:sidelol: I'm getting dizzy from all these cricles your talking in. Apparently you lack reading comprehension skills. Did you not say Dolphin fans are not good at judging QB talent? Case closed, its been fun but I'm done dealing with your incompetence.

NCDolphinfan
12-23-2005, 10:23 AM
:sidelol: I'm getting dizzy from all these cricles your talking in. Apparently you lack reading comprehension skills. Did you not say Dolphin fans are not good at judging QB talent? Case closed, its been fun but I'm done dealing with your incompetence.

That was 6 posts ago the post i was talking about was the one I made this morning I swear why don't you go through all my posts on all topics and create whatever you want. Incompetence? Funny I was thinking the same thing about you.

Motion
12-23-2005, 10:23 AM

What do you mean by that?

I agree we very well may not have a chance at him as well and I also agree Saban will do the right thing. Last year's draft was amazing.

njshorephinfan
12-23-2005, 10:29 AM
i meant to say, but got sidetracked, that he has only just begun to be noted as a first round QB - This happens every year..a senior QB that has been rarely talked about, gets some hype and is sky rocketed to a top ten draft pick. I am not saying that Cutler wont' be a good QB and I for one hope Miami has a shot at him. But my only question is where has he been his previous years. I know Vandy isn't a great team, and Cutler should take a lot of the credit for some of the success they have had. but it just seems like he is a little bit of a work in progress where late first, or seconds rounds choices should be.

Motion
12-23-2005, 10:33 AM
i meant to say, but got sidetracked, that he has only just begun to be noted as a first round QB - This happens every year..a senior QB that has been rarely talked about, gets some hype and is sky rocketed to a top ten draft pick. I am not saying that Cutler wont' be a good QB and I for one hope Miami has a shot at him. But my only question is where has he been his previous years. I know Vandy isn't a great team, and Cutler should take a lot of the credit but it just seems like he is a little bit of a work in progress where late first, or seconds rounds choices should be.

I see what your saying. But he's not been necessarily unknown. This year has been his best year by far, but even before then he got plenty of recognition, he was named to the preseason All-SEC team ahead of Chris Leak, Brodie Croyle, DJ Shockley, etc... Vandy ran an option style offense before converting to a pro style offense this year which he really excelled in. If he were at a bigger name school with a better supporting cast he'd be a sure fire top 10 pick.

Fran2fin
12-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Kiper said he could go top 12 picks and that wouldn't be passing on him. It'd be missing out on him.

And what makes him an authority? Mostly fans consider him an "also ran" when it comes to real evaluaters.

Motion
12-23-2005, 10:39 AM
And what makes him an authority? Mostly fans consider him an "also ran" when it comes to real evaluaters.

I never said his word is gospel, but he is usually somewhat accurate. Kiper is more of a reporter than draft guru, he has alot of connections that feed him his info.

njshorephinfan
12-23-2005, 10:39 AM
agreed...bigger name schools get all the media attention....too bad he couldn't have flown under the radar a little longer..

fishypete
12-23-2005, 10:40 AM
What do you mean by that?

I agree we very well may not have a chance at him as well and I also agree Saban will do the right thing. Last year's draft was amazing.

Perhaps amazing for us as Dolphin fans...since we usually don't have great drafts....perhaps the fact that the Dolphins had the second pick in the draft was a large part of the reason....big difference in talent from the second pick to the 20th pick...in most drafts.

Motion
12-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Perhaps amazing for us as Dolphin fans...since we usually don't have great drafts....perhaps the fact that the Dolphins had the second pick in the draft was a large part of the reason....big difference in talent from the second pick to the 20th pick...in most drafts.

True, but i meant overall. Call me a homer but getting Crowder in the 3rd was a huge steal. To draft 3 solid starters your first year is impressive. Not to mention Roth could develop into a great pass rusher and Manny looking impressive as well. I have the utmost faith is Saban when it come sto bringing in the right players.

fishypete
12-23-2005, 11:06 AM
True, but i meant overall. Call me a homer but getting Crowder in the 3rd was a huge steal. To draft 3 solid starters your first year is impressive. Not to mention Roth could develop into a great pass rusher and Manny looking impressive as well. I have the utmost faith is Saban when it come sto bringing in the right players.

I seem to remember that the Johnson Dolphins were taken in the mid to later rounds...and they play well. So what Saban did in his first draft isn't that amazing. Don't judge a draft in the first year....it takes a couple season's to really find out about players....I'm not sold on Daniels...yet....nor has Brown played a full season being, the running back.

Motion
12-23-2005, 11:14 AM
I seem to remember that the Johnson Dolphins were taken in the mid to later rounds...and they play well. So what Saban did in his first draft isn't that amazing. Don't judge a draft in the first year....it takes a couple season's to really find out about players....I'm not sold on Daniels...yet....nor has Brown played a full season being, the running back.

Fair enough

Ozzy
12-23-2005, 12:59 PM

Oh yeah! Coaches, and GM's were just beating down Jay's door on the day he became available. One thing you seem to have is a very good imagination.

Now, you talk about knowing football right?

You might want to investigate Norv Turner, and Chan Gailey's offensive systems before you try and tell us critics we know nothing about football. They both love to run the ball, and throw deep down the field. Gailey was just plain good at making the best out of what he had. And what he had was Jay Fiedler. The man with a huge heart, and barely average Qb skilz.

AquaMarine4Ever
12-24-2005, 12:13 AM
IMO, My biased opinion that is, Cutler is everything we could hope for in a QB. He's not overly hyped, He's not a superstar. He's a tough, gritty & smart QB. He has all the attributes of a pro QB. Id rather take a shot at a semi-hyped guy than someone like Young or Leinert. Out of the past 10 "superhyped" Qbs coming out of college, Who sucked and who didnt? Manning ( Peyton that is) didnt, And all the rest did. Look at Roethlisberger. He got moderate attention, Then a little hype uring the draft and nows he's a stud.

The one difference between Fiedler & Cutler that stands out is: Ivy League vs. SEC!! I dont care that he played for Vandy, But he played the overall toughest college teams in the form of the SEC. Who did Fiedler play against? Ooooahhh, Watch out for that Hofstra defense, Or better yet, that Yale secondary.

WHo knows what'll happen in the draft. Outside of this past draft, We've had some pretty poor drafts in recent years and Ill trust Saban & staffs decisions. Being that Ive been to most all of Cutlers home games, I would like to be able to watch a players career from college through the pros till his retiement. Its not often that ya get that chance.

dolphinfan2k5
12-27-2005, 12:37 AM
Merry Christmas, I made you a present.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8876/cutlerpaper15eg.jpg

A Jay Cutler wallpaper. I spent a ton of time on it I hope you like it. To the mods, please don't move this for awhile because I think a lot of people that would like it would not get a chance to see it if it was in the graphics forum. If you want to stay on topic, talk about why or why you don't want Cutler and why we will or will not draft him.

NewEra8
12-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Not a big fan of him, but nice job man...

kastofsna120
12-27-2005, 12:40 AM
such a small desktop

dolphinfan2k5
12-27-2005, 12:40 AM
such a small desktop

It's the normal size, but I know, it doesn't fit mine either.

Danny
12-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Well, I think if he's there Nick will pull the trigger but he could be gone before 15 in which case.....that's another thread.I think people need to start warming up to the fact that we might not draft a QB till the 3rd round or later and that doesn't have to be taken as a bad thing.Nick's not gonna take players before he should, specially in round one....I'm still thinking we'll go defence at 15.But if Cutler's there then we'll... :abduct: him!!

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

TotoreMexico
12-27-2005, 01:09 AM
Merry Christmas, I made you a present.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8876/cutlerpaper15eg.jpg

A Jay Cutler wallpaper. I spent a ton of time on it I hope you like it. To the mods, please don't move this for awhile because I think a lot of people that would like it would not get a chance to see it if it was in the graphics forum. If you want to stay on topic, talk about why or why you don't want Cutler and why we will or will not draft him.

Great job!

Roman529
12-27-2005, 01:16 AM
Very nice job. I have only seen one Vanderbilt game but Cutler looked really good.....some call him the next Bret Favre.

unifiedtheory
12-27-2005, 01:42 AM
Good job 2K.

Dr.Rad
12-27-2005, 03:02 AM
I am a huge Gator football fan, and he torched us this year. Dude is nice, just played on a wack team. He'll be interesting to watch in workouts this April

Mrcarciero
12-27-2005, 03:12 AM
Can someone explain what all the hype is concerning Jay Cutler? I have read on some boards that he might go 3rd or 5th in the draft. I also read that some are happy if we get him with our first pick.

Below are his 2005 stats and from looking at them, I don’t see anything impressive about him.

Completion Percentage: 59.1 – (ranked 66th)

Yards per attempt: 6.7 - (ranked 74th)

Touchdowns: 21 - (ranked 21st)

QB Rating: 126.07 – (ranked 60th)

rafael
12-27-2005, 03:16 AM
It's based on watching him play, not stats. Stats are often at least partially dependent on the supporting cast. Vandy is a perennial doormat playing against perennial powerhouses so his stats suffer.

Cool Calm Mike
12-27-2005, 03:16 AM
Look where he's from though...

Santa Claus, IN

That's impressive!

PHINSfan
12-27-2005, 03:23 AM
Dont judge him by the stats alone...remember Vandy is a terrible team and Jay has had no supporting cast in the 4 years he's been there. Why he has gone up in the draft boards is because he has a very strong arm, is a leader, quite mobile, and has the size for the position. Some people have been comparing him to Favre. It will depend how he does in the Senior Bowl, and in the combines...we'll see.

Fritz27
12-27-2005, 03:24 AM
You have to take into account that he plays for an awful Vandy team that drops tons of passes and he's also playing against the best college football competition as a whole in the nation. He also has a gun, he's smart, and he's gutty as all Hell. He has that fire that really reminds me of a Favre, but with less of those stupid mistakes. I think he has the potential to be great if he gets some talent (Brown, Chambers, McMichael, Williams) around him.

tylerdolphin
12-27-2005, 03:25 AM
Im not a college talent evaluater. I just listen to all the knowledgable people here who watch a lot of College Football.

Mrcarciero
12-27-2005, 03:25 AM
Yes but their are so many quarterbacks with much better stats. How about those other quarterbacks with brown , chambers etc?

rafael
12-27-2005, 03:27 AM
Yes but their are so many quarterbacks with much better stats. How about those other quarterbacks with brown , chambers etc?

Going by stats alone is one of the worst ways to judge a QB's ability.

Fritz27
12-27-2005, 03:28 AM

Most of the quarterbacks with better numbers don't have the physical ability that Cutler has. Also, most of the guys ahead of him probably play in any combination of: weaker conferences, better team talent, more pass-minded offenses, etc. Big numbers in college doesn't really mean a whole lot otherwise people like Timmy Chang, Ty Detmer, and Gino Torreta would be stars. Cutler has the tangibles (although they're not manifested in the stats as much as they would be if he were on a team with superior talent) and the intangibles (which probably are a result from playing on such a terrible team). I think the guy has the ability to be a star given some patience, protection, and a little bit of surrounding offensive talent.

Motion
12-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Nice job.

Motion
12-27-2005, 09:43 AM

Going by stats alone is one of the worst ways to judge a QB's ability.

Exactly, you have to consider supporting cast. You can't put up great numbers with average-below average WRs. If you've seen him play you'd know why so many scouts, analysts, and fans are so high on him.

Brad528
12-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Plus he plays for a crap team. I truely have never seen a Cutler highlight and I watch College Football religously so if he is so good why is he never hyped up or even shown. Maybe cause he plays for Vandy

kastofsna120
12-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Plus he plays for a crap team. I truely have never seen a Cutler highlight and I watch College Football religously so if he is so good why is he never hyped up or even shown. Maybe cause he plays for Vandy
he's been on national TV a few times this year, maybe you should watch more religiously

Motion
12-27-2005, 11:41 AM
he's been on national TV a few times this year, maybe you should watch more religiously

Exactly, his games versus Florida and Tennessee were Amazing.

kastofsna120
12-27-2005, 11:44 AM
i've also watched him play about 4 teams each of the past 3 season

Motion
12-27-2005, 11:49 AM
i've also watched him play about 4 teams each of the past 3 season

I've caught a few of his games the last couple years as well, he's really benefited from switching from the option to the pro style offense Vandy used this year. Shows off the arm more.

Oboy
12-27-2005, 01:45 PM
I like most liked what I saw in the UF and UT games... I want to see him in the Senior Bowl. when he has some talent around him. IF he can still make his team BETTER when there is talent... Then I think he will be a stud. As of right now, I think he will be a decent pro qb, but not a Pro Bowler ... yet.

Motion
12-27-2005, 01:47 PM
I like most liked what I saw in the UF and UT games... I want to see him in the Senior Bowl. when he has some talent around him. IF he can still make his team BETTER when there is talent... Then I think he will be a stud. As of right now, I think he will be a decent pro qb, but not a Pro Bowler ... yet.

Thats the key, should be fun to watch.

kastofsna120
12-27-2005, 02:12 PM
hopefully he's extremly average during the senior bowl

Motion
12-27-2005, 02:18 PM

Good point.

Caps
12-27-2005, 02:25 PM

I'll be crossing my fingers for that.

WaxOn WaxOff
12-27-2005, 04:29 PM
I've seen him play... cannon arm when healthy....

Click It (http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051225/SPORTS/512250311/1002)

Jaj
12-27-2005, 04:47 PM
I like him too, but Croyle is my favorite for sleeper QB.

Winbaby#23
12-27-2005, 04:50 PM
I like him too, but Croyle is my favorite for sleeper QB.:stupid:

Jaj
12-27-2005, 04:51 PM
:stupid:

Thanks, care to explain why? :tongue:

merlin00069
12-27-2005, 04:53 PM
I've seen him play... cannon arm when healthy....

Click It (http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051225/SPORTS/512250311/1002)

Ehhhh....not sure. I've seen him win alot of games last minute and lose alot of games last minute...a la Jake Plummer. I like Cutler as the guy if we dont have a shot at Leinart....which we wont.

Dors156
12-27-2005, 04:54 PM
i think whitehuurst is the sleeper. he could turn out to be better than leinart to me.imagine him with RandR and cc and mimike

Jaj
12-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Ehhhh....not sure. I've seen him win alot of games last minute and lose alot of games last minute...a la Jake Plummer. I like Cutler as the guy if we dont have a shot at Leinart....which we wont.

How the hell can you even compare the two? One's a mid-late 1st round pick already...

Preacher Man
12-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Whitehurst will be on ESPN later today if anyone cares to watch.

Winbaby#23
12-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Thanks, care to explain why? :tongue:I agree with you about Brodie Croyle. If we don't get Cutler i want Brodie Croyle in the third or 4th round.

SweepeR
12-27-2005, 05:19 PM
no way!!! never!

SweepeR
12-27-2005, 05:20 PM
i think whitehuurst is the sleeper. he could turn out to be better than leinart to me.imagine him with RandR and cc and mimike

are you kidding me? horrible decision making, worst TD to INT ratio.

merlin00069
12-27-2005, 05:25 PM
How the hell can you even compare the two? One's a mid-late 1st round pick already...

Umm..i can compare anyone i want. They have similar traits...as in they both either crumble at the end of a game...when you need them most. Or create something out of nothing and win the game. It's all or nothing with these two guys.....thats how the hell i compare them.

ckparrothead
12-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Interesting indeed...Croyle and Whitehurst are shaping up to be good sleepers.

Jaj
12-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Umm..i can compare anyone i want. They have similar traits...as in they both either crumble at the end of a game...when you need them most. Or create something out of nothing and win the game. It's all or nothing with these two guys.....thats how the hell i compare them.

They aren't rated in the same rounds even. That's why you can't compare them. I'll take Cutler sure, but it's not straight up Cutler vs. Croyle. It's 1st vs. 3-4...

ckparrothead
12-27-2005, 06:15 PM

I think he's just trying to say that anyone would take Cutler or Leinart over Whitehurst, all things being equal. If people would truly take Whitehurst over Cutler or Leinart, they'd be saying they are willing to use like a top 5 pick in the draft on Whitehurst.

Phishstix
12-27-2005, 06:43 PM
speaking of stats, it's amazing that cutler can complete 60% of his passes and have more tds than interceptions at a place like vandy. i too hopes he doesn't torch the senior bowl so he is there when the fins pick.

WaxOn WaxOff
12-27-2005, 08:44 PM
are you kidding me? horrible decision making, worst TD to INT ratio.

(Hurt most of 2005)
Whitehurst 2005... Attempts 311 Comp 208 Comp% 68 TD 11 Int 8
Croyle 2005.... Attempts 308 Comp 183 Comp% 59 TD 13 Int 4
Whitehurst 2003... Attempts 465 Comp 288 Comp% 62 TD 21 Int 13
Croyle 2003... Attempts 341 Comp 182 Comp% 53 TD 16 Int 13

I'm sure that's not the 'worst' TD/Int Ratio. The Offensive Coordinator was fired after 2004 (A very bad year for Whitehurst), Croyle was hurt in 2004.

Alex44
12-27-2005, 08:48 PM

because they will both end up in the same place regardless of where they are drafted

So comparing them is fine

Its like saying we cant compare Peyton and Brady because 1 was drafted far later *even though it was diff years*

Jaj
12-27-2005, 08:51 PM
because they will both end up in the same place regardless of where they are drafted

So comparing them is fine

Its like saying we cant compare Peyton and Brady because 1 was drafted far later *even though it was diff years*

What????

Hello...

How can you compare the the same value for the QBs. They were drafted two years apart by the way. It has nothing to do with their skill, just their value :shakeno:

Mike13
12-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Whitehurst and Croyle will be good sleeper picks.

cowtowndick
12-27-2005, 09:04 PM
Whitehurst and Croyle will be good sleeper picks.

sleeper picks, like in the 5th or 6th rounds...they don't seem to have the physical traits to be a starter - like, they'll get hurt. often.

County Of Dade
12-27-2005, 09:09 PM
Brodie Croyle has had one healthy season in his college career. Theres no chance he has the durability to be an NFL QB

Jaj
12-27-2005, 09:11 PM
I can think of atleast a few QBs who didn't stay healthy in college that did in the NFL eventually. He needs to get in better condition it's simple as that.

Samphin
12-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Do people think Cutler is really oging to be there when we pick? We could pick as low as the 17 spot if I am not mistaken. With teams like the Jets, Texans, Titans, Saints, Raiders, Cardinals, Lions, and Baltimore more than likely picking before us, we may not see Cutler at all. Remember, the only two prospects who seem to be ahead of him are Leinart and Young, unless Brady Quinn decides to come out.

More than likely, I think we are in a position where we have to take the best player available. Teams will reach with a QB, they always do. I wouldn't mind an o-linemen or even a stud for the secondary if that is who is on the board.

Don't get me wrong, I like the thought of Cutler, but I wouldn't bank on it. Even this weekend they were saying how enthralled the Titans were with him. I doubt he gets past them.

Nicky Napoleon
12-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Do people think Cutler is really oging to be there when we pick? We could pick as low as the 17 spot if I am not mistaken. With teams like the Jets, Texans, Titans, Saints, Raiders, Cardinals, Lions, and Baltimore more than likely picking before us, we may not see Cutler at all. Remember, the only two prospects who seem to be ahead of him are Leinart and Young, unless Brady Quinn decides to come out.

More than likely, I think we are in a position where we have to take the best player available. Teams will reach with a QB, they always do. I wouldn't mind an o-linemen or even a stud for the secondary if that is who is on the board.

Don't get me wrong, I like the thought of Cutler, but I wouldn't bank on it. Even this weekend they were saying how enthralled the Titans were with him. I doubt he gets past them.

If Cutler is off the board when we pick I am praying for Chad Greenway.

KB21
12-27-2005, 10:38 PM
I hope you don't base your opinion of Cutler on what he does in the Senior Bowl game. Everyone knows the week of practice is much more important than the game, and most of the scouts and coaches leave after the week of practice is over and don't even watch the game.

Prime
12-27-2005, 10:49 PM
I hope you don't base your opinion of Cutler on what he does in the Senior Bowl game. Everyone knows the week of practice is much more important than the game, and most of the scouts and coaches leave after the week of practice is over and don't even watch the game.

Hey KB, do you know which coaches will coach in the Senior Bowl?

kastofsna120
12-28-2005, 12:20 AM
yeah yeah that's what i meant. senior bowl=the entire event

PHINSfan
12-28-2005, 02:13 AM
If He Cutler is gone I say our draft could look something like this:
1. Chad Greenway
2. Withworth
3. Croyle or Whitehurst
4-7 Best player available.
I would be very happy with a draft like that.

kastofsna120
12-28-2005, 02:43 AM
sleeper picks, like in the 5th or 6th rounds...they don't seem to have the physical traits to be a starter - like, they'll get hurt. often.
croyle maybe, but not whitehurst

Motion
12-28-2005, 09:06 AM

Sad but true, yet people on this board still claim he won't even go 1st round.

Dr.Rad
12-28-2005, 10:27 PM
If Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn leaves, do you think he is worthy of a mid 1st round draft pick, or is Cutler the guy if we take a QB in the 1st. Personally, I like Quinn. He reminds me of Carson Palmer, who in my opinion, has a chance to be special. Cutler had heavy expectations placed on him by SEC writers naming him preseason 1st team QB instead of Leak. Cutler answered those expectations, but I question his decision making at this point. I like Quinn if I had the choice... what do yall think?

dolphinfan2k5
12-28-2005, 10:28 PM
I'd take Quinn, but he probably won't come out and if he does he could easily be gone by the time we pick.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Quinn. He's been under the tutolige of Charlie Weis. Who coached Jay Cutler?

P.S. Isn't Jay Cutler a bodybuilder LMAO!

rafael
12-28-2005, 10:30 PM
I think most people would take Quinn over Cutler. The main question mark on Quinn is whether he is a one year wonder. After his sophmore season he looked like a guy who would go undrafted. Anyways, most reports are that Quinn stays in school another year.

dolphinfan2k5
12-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Quinn. He's been under the tutolige of Charlie Weis. Who coached Jay Cutler?

P.S. Isn't Jay Cutler a bodybuilder LMAO!

Yeah, I figured that out when I went google image searching for Cutler pictures.

BigScuingili
12-28-2005, 10:34 PM
2nd best to Ronnie Coleman, once Coleman is done though, he is the heir apparent.

DonShula84
12-28-2005, 10:36 PM
About the 3rd time Ive seen this thread, and so far it's pretty much unanimous, Quinn and it isnt even close.

Cool Calm Mike
12-28-2005, 10:37 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/JayCutlerAC2004-1.jpg

Looks like he has pretty decent arm strength.

dolphinfan2k5
12-28-2005, 10:44 PM
:barf:

Mike13
12-28-2005, 10:46 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/JayCutlerAC2004-1.jpg

Looks like he has pretty decent arm strength.

Jesus! Thats disgusting it looks like he's so full of roids that he will explode.

DonShula84
12-28-2005, 10:47 PM
Dont worry about Quinn

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=116012

CashInFist
12-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Jesus! Thats disgusting it looks like he's so full of roids that he will explode.

No doubt man. Freaky. Look at how odd his calf is shaped.

houtz
12-28-2005, 10:56 PM
I think Quinn is going to stay. If he stays he can develop more and potenionally be even better then he is right now. He has the coach who has developed the man who has lead the Pats to two straight Super Bowl victories and as much as I hate Brady he is really freaking good.

That's who I think Quinn best resembles. Either way we wont have a chance in hell of getting either of the top 3 quarterbacks and if Vince Young falls to us I think we need to gobble him up.