PDA

View Full Version : Wild Card Week: Washington Vs. Tampa Bay Thread

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Im rooting for WAS in this one.

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Quick 3 and out for Tampa to start the game.

BringBackBerlin
01-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Im rooting for WAS in this one.

Me too, living outside of Orlando, that's all the local media covers, those damn bucs. How great Caddy is, blah, blah, blah. I hope they get crushed.

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 05:48 PM
Me too, living outside of Orlando, that's all the local media covers, those damn bucs. How great Caddy is, blah, blah, blah. I hope they get crushed.

Me too. He starts the game off with 2 carries 0 yards. :D

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Arrington with the pick!

BringBackBerlin
01-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Wow, that throw was horrible. I love it :D

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Portis with the TD! :)

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 05:53 PM
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yes.

I hate the Bucs.

PressCoverage
01-07-2006, 05:54 PM
that looked like a fumble to me by Arrington on that interception return... of course, the genius McGuire/Thiesman combination couldn't recognize what the challenge might be for until three minutes later...

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 05:54 PM
I cannot stand the Bucs and their brand of boring football, nor their overzealous fans who go into hiding every other year when the team fades.

I'm going to love watching the game because by the second quarter it'll be so quiet you'll be able to hear people's conversations in the stands ON TELEVISION.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 05:55 PM
that looked like a fumble to me by Arrington on that interception return... of course, the genius McGuire/Thiesman combination couldn't recognize what the challenge might be for until three minutes later...

yea but I didn't notice the fumble either until the replay. And it looks like he fell on it anyway.

You can't tell me Gruden and co. didn't know down by contact isn't reviewable.

BringBackBerlin
01-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Excellent, hopefully the Pats game starts off like this. Would love nothing more then to see Brady intercepted on one of his first passes

PressCoverage
01-07-2006, 05:56 PM
i dunno... i noticed the ball bouncing around on the live play, and Hovan pouncing on it... i was wondering why the challenge flag came in so late... what were they waiting for? ... down by contact? wow...

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Excellent, hopefully the Pats game starts off like this. Would love nothing more then to see Brady intercepted on one of his first passes

:yes:

I really don't care what happens in these playoffs...the only thing I care about is that the Pats lose miserably.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 05:59 PM
i dunno... i noticed the ball bouncing around on the live play, and Hovan pouncing on it... i was wondering why the challenge flag came in so late... what were they waiting for? ... down by contact? wow...

I didn't see Hovan fall on it, and I replayed it three times. It was under Arrington though the replay didn't show anybody controlling it.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Bucs shouldn't complain anyway. They beat the Redskins on a 2 point conversion where Alstott was clearly not across the goal line.

PressCoverage
01-07-2006, 06:01 PM
why are the two champions getting ripped in this thread?... pats and bucs?

further, between two teams none of us should give a chit about, who seriously wants to root for a guy like Dan Snyder?

Marino2Clayton
01-07-2006, 06:01 PM
This is shaping up to be one hell of a ballgame.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Uhm, A. I'm rooting more for Joe Gibbs, not Snyder, B. I'm not really rooting for Washington but against Tampa Bay, whom I've hated since they wore Orange jerseys.

Marino2Clayton
...who seriously wants to root for a guy like Dan Snyder?

Great point, but Im rooting for Joe Gibbs, who was unfairly ripped by everyone after last year.

Metal Panda
I could be wrong since it's the playoffs, but I have a feeling the more grind it out games will be in the NFC this playoffs and the shootouts will be in the AFC matchups.

BringBackBerlin
01-07-2006, 06:03 PM
:yes:

I really don't care what happens in these playoffs...the only thing I care about is that the Pats lose miserably.

Yeah I don't really either, just trying to soak up all the football I can before its gone. As for the Pats, as long as they don't make it to the Super Bowl again, I'll be content until next season.

Metal Panda
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I hope this stands....

Marino2Clayton
Replay, anyone?

Metal Panda
that's a fumble. 14-0. hahahaha

BringBackBerlin
Sean Taylor!!! TD!!! This game is turning out great.

dm416
01-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Shawn Taylor baby!!!!!!!!

RunningBackGuru
HAHAHHA!!! Williams fumbled!

Metal Panda
even if this gets brought back, Washington will still probably score on the drive.

Final score, Washington 42, Tampa Bay 10, and Doug Williams will make an appearance

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 06:05 PM
The replay shows that is was definately a fumble.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 06:05 PM
why are the two champions getting ripped in this thread?... pats and bucs?

further, between two teams none of us should give a chit about, who seriously wants to root for a guy like Dan Snyder?

also, what's wrong with preferring a certain team to win? I'm not "rooting" for anybody because the Fins are the only team I follow, but I love watching football and in some games there are teams I just do not like.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 06:06 PM
The replay shows that is was definately a fumble.

but the return is what they're reviewing.

Marino2Clayton
01-07-2006, 06:07 PM
I think Gruden has to be careful, even though they are down 14, he can't put the game on Sims' shoulders. Still alot of football to be played.

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Play stands. 14-0.

Metal Panda
How the hell did he field that cleanly on the run? :eek:

Metal Panda
I think Gruden has to be careful, even though they are down 14, he can't put the game on Sims' shoulders. Still alot of football to be played.

I think it's Washington that should be careful. The defense might get complacent now.

dm416
How the hell did he field that cleanly on the run? :eek:

He's one helluva athelete from THE U

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Brian Griese's gonna take over on crutches.

Marino2Clayton
01-07-2006, 06:10 PM
How in the hell do you get 820 posts in a month?

:mrt:

TerryTate
Bucs better be careful, they are on the brink of total playoff collapse here early.

PressCoverage
Uhm, A. I'm rooting more for Joe Gibbs, not Snyder, B. I'm not really rooting for Washington but against Tampa Bay, whom I've hated since they wore Orange jerseys.

nah... i have no problem with the bucs... never have... can't really remember a single player of theirs who was annoying besides Keyshawn... in fact, i rather like Gruden and his offensive philosophy...

as for the Redskins, i know too many annoying Skins fans... add in Snyder, who actually charged fans to watch practice, and it's easy to dislike them...

Metal Panda
And now is the point of the game where Buc fans get on their cell phones and act like they no longer care about the game until something major happens later on.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 06:11 PM

I type fast and I show no restraint? :)

Marino2Clayton
01-07-2006, 06:12 PM
wow the Reskins are swarming.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 06:12 PM
nah... i have no problem with the bucs... never have... can't really remember a single player of theirs who was annoying besides Keyshawn... in fact, i rather like Gruden and his offensive philosophy...

as for the Redskins, i know too many annoying Skins fans... add in Snyder, who actually charged fans to watch practice, and it's easy to dislike them...

I said I dislike the Bucs.

I didn't like the Buccaneers in the early 90s either. I hated them and their fanbase when they were losing 12 ever year.

Marino2Clayton
01-07-2006, 06:13 PM
I type fast and I show no restraint? :)

Welcome to finheaven! :up:

PressCoverage
01-07-2006, 06:13 PM
And now is the point of the game where Buc fans get on their cell phones and act like they no longer care about the game until something major happens later on.

ah, i think i understand now... you hate some bucs fan(s) in your personal life... we all have some of those for some teams... Redskins and Jets are mine....

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 06:14 PM
wow the Reskins are swarming.

this team looks more and more like Gibbs' old Redskins every week. Not quite there yet (offensively they're not quite as good) but defensively they look like that 1991 squad today.

PressCoverage
I said I dislike the Bucs.

i was just making a statement... not a response...

Metal Panda
ah, i think i understand now... you hate some bucs fan(s) in your personal life... we all have some of those for some teams... Redskins and Jets are mine....

Well, yea, but there are fans of every team I hate. I don't like any of the other Florida teams, but the Jaguars don't really appear on my "hate" radar as I am just ambivalent to them. I used to bash the Bucs when people like Vinnie were their QB.

dm416
01-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Another fumble

BringBackBerlin
Thank god, Washington got that back

Metal Panda
Um there is no way Tampa Bay recovered that.

Marino2Clayton
You have to catch the punt before you can return the punt.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 06:16 PM
does anybody know why the official first ruled that was tampa bay ball? does he have cataracts?

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 06:17 PM
ok all this conversation is making it hard to watch so I'll be back at halftime-ish.

dm416
I had a feeling Washington would start strong

Metal Panda
stupid late whistle. that wasn't a fumble, but officials not blowing the whistle right away are gonna get Brunell killed by defenders pursuing the ball

PressCoverage
Rice dominated that play... even while being held..

BringBackBerlin
01-07-2006, 06:18 PM
I had a feeling Washington would start strong

Hopefully they can keep it up

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 06:19 PM
haha what the hell can nobody hold onto the ball? (ok seriously I'm gone now)

PressCoverage
01-07-2006, 06:19 PM
skins are definitely hitting hard today... no doubt... Bucs need to let Simms go down the field

dm416
01-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Renaldo Wynn broke his arm

BringBackBerlin
01-07-2006, 06:23 PM
skins are definitely hitting hard today...

They are even hitting each other hard, thats definitely not what ya want

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 06:25 PM
End of 1st quarter. Hopefully Washington can build on their lead.

PressCoverage
01-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Philip Daniels... IMO one of the most underrated defensive ends in the league....

PressCoverage
01-07-2006, 06:33 PM
if you're Gruden, do you consider putting Rattay in there?

Marino2Clayton
01-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Remember when the Fish tried to trade up with Pittsburgh to take Santana Moss?

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 06:46 PM
4th down. Atleast they are in FG range.

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 06:47 PM

No. It's still too early.

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 06:48 PM
17-3.

Marino2Clayton
01-07-2006, 06:49 PM
The Bucs need to get a good drive here at the end of the half. They don't have to neccesserily score a touchdown. They just need to get some momentum going. With everything that went wrong in the first half, they are only down 14.

Marino2Clayton
01-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Fish_Fan4Life, how in the hell do you have 2,500+ posts in two months?

I guess with posts like this one...

17-3.

:sidelol:

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Simms is moving the ball nicely on this drive.

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 06:56 PM

So what if I have 2500+ in 2 months. So I post a lot, what's the big deal? Another user (Alex22) had 1500+ posts in his first week here. Nothing wrong with posting a lot. And I don't spam eather. I was simply saying the score for those who aren't watching the game.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Chris Simms seems to be genuinely fazed by blitzes. One thing he doesn't do well is take a sack when it is inevitable...meaning that he runs backwards and loses an additional 8 yards.

He still had a pretty good quarter, but it only resulted in 3 points.

Kind of a sleeper second quarter, but expect big plays in the second half from both sides.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:01 PM

why? :confused:

AquaInferno
01-07-2006, 07:01 PM
So what if I have 2500+ in 2 months. So I post a lot, what's the big deal? Another user (Alex22) had 1500+ posts in his first week here. Nothing wrong with posting a lot. And I don't spam eather. I was simply saying the score for those who aren't watching the game.

Arguing over post counts... :lol:

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 07:02 PM

And by looking at your past posts, you're not exacly A+ quality poster eather.

We can add to SpeedRush99 this category too.

Kastofsna is just having to eat alot of crow tonight and he's not good at it.

Domminizo must be drunk.

Einstein.

:up:

Great point!

uh... thats what message boards are for.

This is shaping up to be one hell of a ballgame.

Replay, anyone?

wow the Reskins are swarming

Welcome to finheaven! :up:

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:04 PM
who cares

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 07:05 PM
why? :confused:

Exacly. Simms is moving the ball around pretty well. He has just had a few tough breaks.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Exacly. Simms is moving the ball around pretty well. He has just had a few tough breaks.

He kept the chains moving nicely and his one INT was batted. Outside of that pass, he's only thrown two incomplete passes. The problem is that Gregg Williams is just pretty smart with his playcalling. He'll let the Skins bend, but not break, and then all of a sudden unleash a brutal blitz like that last one. The safety flew into the backfield so fast Simms had no chance.

Marino2Clayton
01-07-2006, 07:07 PM
And by looking at your past posts, you're not exacly A+ quality poster eather.
90% of my posts you cant see because they are in the VIP forum.

You sort of conviently left out this one....

WILD CARD WEEKEND:

WASHINGTON OVER TAMPA BAY - After starting out the season at 5-6, the ‘Skins have run off five straight wins. Outside of the Seahawks, no one in the NFC is playing better football than Washington. You have to love it for Coach Gibbs who proved to everyone that wrote him off, that he is still a great football coach. This should be a hard-nosed and closely fought mirror image of their earlier game, a classic that was decided by a controversial last second Mike Alstott two-point conversion. This time the Bucs will not get the benefit of a bad call.
NEW ENGLAND OVER JACKSONVILLE - Whether its Byron Leftwich of David Gerrard, the Jags don’t have enough offensive fire power to play with New England. The Patriots have been devastated by injutries, but they still have Tom Brady and the best front seven in football. The champs are at home and playing their best football of the season.
CAROLINA OVER NEW YORK - I’m very hesitant to go against the G-Men at home, because they play at an entire different level in the Medowlands. I also wana’ be a homer and go with Eli Manning. However, the Giants are a really beat up football team right now. I mean, who is goina’ play outside linebacker for them, Pepper Johnson? I think experience and great defense will win out in this one. Plus the Panthers are on a roll and have the most exciting player in football, Steve Smith. This could easily end up being the most entertaining game of wild card weekend.
PITTSBURGH OVER CINCINNATI - Marvin Lewis and the Bengals have been one of the best stories in football this year, However, they haven’t closed the season strong at all, and have played absolutely no defense for the last month. Another problem for Cincy is that Carson Palmer is not 100%, even though he says his groin feels fine. I’ll be rooting for Palmer and Co. but once again I have to side with defense and experience.

DIVISIONAL ROUND:

INDIANAPOLIS OVER PITTSBURGH – I believe we have already seen this one and it wasn’t pretty. To tell the truth I can’t see this one being any different that week 14’s 26-7 blowout. On a separate note, my favorite memory of the 2005 season occurred last week when Tony Dungy getting the game ball from his team. To me that’s what football is all about.
NEW ENGLAND OVER DENVER – It’s hard to go against Denver in Mile High. But in a battle between the two best coaches of the last 10 years, Shanahan versus Belichick, I’m going with the World Champs. I think that New England’s front seven will be able to somewhat nullify Denver’s tremendous running game. So then the game boils down to Jake Plummer versus Tom Brady. Plummer has had a great year, but no way in hell am I going against Brady.
SEATTLE OVER WASHINGTON – Seattle has been the best team in the NFC all year long, but I think the ‘Hawks will get a real test from Gibbs’ Redskins. In my opinion this is the real NFC championship game. As much as I like the ‘Skins I think that Shaun Alexander and one of the greatest blocking tandems of all time (IMHO), Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson will be the difference. I also think that Seattle’s defense will make just a few more plays than Washington’s underrated unit.
CHICAGO OVER CAROLINA – Is their a better playoff setting than Soldier field? It’s been a story book season for Lovie Smith and his Bears. No one in the entire league has played better defense than the new “Monsters of the Midway.” Against Carolina, Chicago’s defense will take DeShaun Foster away and make the Panthers one dimensional. On offense, Rex Grosman will do just enough for the Bears go from 5-11 to the NFC Championship game.

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS:

INDIANAPOLIS OVER NEW ENGLAND – Would this really be the NFL playoffs if these two didn’t square off? Everyone knows that New England has had their way with Peyton & Co. in the past, but the Colts finally get the Pats at the dome. I think that this is where New England’s injuries in their secondary finally show up. The Patriots will not be able to contain the Colts mired of weapons. Brady will press and the opportunistic Colt defense will take advantage.
SEATTLE OVER CHICAGO – It would be a great story if the Bears were able to take that final step to the Super Bowl. Just like most of the country, I will be rooting for the Bears, but I just don’t think they have enough on offense to beat the Seahawks. Seattle’s ability to remain two dimensional on offense will be the difference. Plus, I think that all the pre-game talk about Chicago’s defense will motivate Seattle’s more than formidable unit.

SUPERBOWL XL:

INDIANAPOLIS OVER SEATTLE – I know, I know… I’m going out on a huge limb here by picking both number one seeds to make the Super Bowl. But how can you go against either of these two? They have been, head and shoulders, the best two teams in the NFL this year. The colts and “Hawks make for a great match-up. But I’m an unashamed homer! As long as my blood runs orange I’m not picking against Peyton. I think Manning puts all his critics to rest by finally winning the big game. And Tony Dungy finally gets his due as not just a great man, but a great football coach as well.

Anyway loosen up it was a joke anyway, Rob was smart eenough to figure out that I was ribbing him a little as I was welcoming to the site. Can't say the same for you.

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 07:07 PM
He kept the chains moving nicely. The problem is that Gregg Williams is just pretty smart with his playcalling. He'll let the Skins bend, but not break, and then all of a sudden unleash a brutal blitz like that last one. The safety flew into the backfield so fast Simms had no chance.

Yeah, very good D by the Skins right now. Simms is actually picking them appart if you look at his stats. He is 16/19 102 yards right now.

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 07:09 PM
90% of my posts you cant see because they are in the VIP forum.

You sort of conviently left out this one....

Anyway loosen up it was a joke anyway, Rob was smart eenough to figure out that I was ribbing him a little as I was welcoming to the site. Can't say the same for you.

:sidelol:[/QUOTE]

Okay. Who cares, it's just a message board. Anyways, let's just forget that and continue on with the game. :)

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Yeah, very good D by the Skins right now. Simms is actually picking them appart if you look at his stats. He is 16/19 102 yards right now.

Well, but I figure Gregg Williams expected that with his scheme today. He's keeping the Bucs in front of them and taking away their downfield game, sort of like what Miami did against the Chargers. I'm betting part of the purpose was to force Tampa Bay to dispose of a lot of the clock in the first half so increase the possibility of Washington taking this nice cushion into the half.

I expect Washington to be more aggressive and blitz more often in the second half as now it's time to put the game away.

Marino2Clayton
01-07-2006, 07:10 PM

Stats can be deceiving, the Redskins are letting him have the underneath stuff, but taking away everything down the field.

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Why is Portis on the sideline?

Marino2Clayton
01-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Mark Jones from? the University of Tennessee :)

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Stats can be deceiving, the Redskins are letting him have the underneath stuff, but taking away everything down the field.

Yep. And I think it's a smart decision, because it keeps the momentum from shifting on a whim.

Still Simms has done a decent job of keeping the chains moving, but I'm sure Gregg doesn't mind as long as the drive stalls at the opposing 40 yard line.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:17 PM
I wondered why the Redskins numbers were so low for the first half, and then remembered they scored once on a defensive play and scored on a short field following a turnover as well.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Gregg Williams might want to start more aggressively pursuing Simms right about now. There's too much he's leaving over the middle of the field for Simms.

If Tampa Bay scores, the momentum will shift.

Marino2Clayton
01-07-2006, 07:22 PM
We've got a ballgame!

Ryan Clark meet Mike Alstott!

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:23 PM
good play call by Gruden.

Marino2Clayton
01-07-2006, 07:24 PM
What a play by Simms! What a play call from Gruden!

Metal Panda
What a play by Simms! What a play call from Gruden!

it was nice because since it pushed all of Washington's defense to their left, it left one defender to go one on one with the Buc blocker....

Marino2Clayton
guys take care, this game is too good for me to be on here.

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 07:25 PM
A nice drive there by Tampa Bay. Simms did a nice job getting in the end zone, and they are right back in it.

Dolphin1184
01-07-2006, 07:42 PM
What a bull**** call by the refs there!

CalDolFan1014
Huge miss call there.

AquaInferno
Worst call I've seen ever by an NFL official

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:43 PM
WHAT THE HELL?

how does TAYLOR get flagged for that?

I'm assuming he must have said something really rotten, but still....even if he said something worth flagging (which I doubt), then it should have been OFFSETTING penalties because Pittman HIT HIM.

ridiculous.

unifiedtheory
01-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Taylor got kicked out of the game...

Why the hell are these ESPN stooges not talking about THAT being the reason he is on the bench.

BAD BAD call...and even worse commentary.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Huge miss call there.

but what I don't get is he was STANDING RIGHT THERE.

the only thing I can even think is that maybe he said something foul like "I raped your mother" but even so, even if he SAID something that drew a flag (which come on, jawing is part of the game), Pittman HIT the man in the helmet.

BlitPhinFan
01-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Worst call I've seen ever by an NFL official

No kidding. The ref was looking right at Taylor when his head got snapped back. How do you let Pittman off on that one?

CalDolFan1014
Wow...why'd he get tossed???

unifiedtheory
HOLY CRAP....he was ejecected, I heard the ref say it....maybe if the commentators would STFU and listen to the call instead of babbling.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:46 PM
ok...if he spit, that's a little different. but hitting a player could have questionably been an offsetting penalty.

BlitPhinFan
Oh... he spit in Pittman's face. Stupid move.

CalDolFan1014
From the reports, he spit in someone's face. That's why he got the penalty and the hook.

SECfootball
Taylor spit at him!!!

taking a page out of Moulds' book

unifiedtheory
ok...if he spit, I still think it should have been offsetting penalties.

If he spit on him then Pittman gets a freebie and Taylor deserves to get kicked out of the game.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:47 PM
oh well, it's moot now.

CalDolFan1014
They BOTH should've been tossed. There's no place for that in the game.

Metal Panda
If he spit on him then Pittman gets a freebie and Taylor deserves to get kicked out of the game.

ehh. that's like saying Artest should have fought the fans in the crowd. I don't think players should ever get "freebie" hits.

spitting in someone's face is disgusting and insulting, but hitting someone is physically violent.

unifiedtheory
01-07-2006, 07:48 PM
oh well, it's moot now.

It is'nt moot when the Bucs go over the top with Galloway against the safety who took Taylor's spot.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:49 PM
It is'nt moot when the Bucs go over the top with Galloway against the safety who took Taylor's spot.

I meant in terms of the drive, as it ended anyway.

Taylor being out will hurt, but the Bucs will still lose this game.

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Wow, what a quarter. Taylor get's ejected, huge loss for Washington.

unifiedtheory
01-07-2006, 07:50 PM
ehh. that's like saying Artest should have fought the fans in the crowd. I don't think players should ever get "freebie" hits.

spitting in someone's face is disgusting and insulting, but hitting someone is physically violent.

How the hell do0es Artest having someone hit him with a cup compare to a player standing 6 inches from someone and sptting in their face?

If you spit in someone face ON PURPOSE it is the most insulting thing you can do...

Physically violent? It's a football game for christ's sake!

I'm with Pittman on this.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:51 PM
How the hell do0es Artest having someone hit him with a cup compare to a player standing 6 inches from someone and sptting in their face?

If you spit in someone face ON PURPOSE it is the most insulting thing you can do...

Physically violent? It's a football game for christ's sake!

I'm with Pittman on this.

I just said spitting is insulting. In black and white.

If refs let every player take the law into their own hands, it could get ugly.

If Taylor spit (which we're going on what we heard...it's impossible to see on the television whether he did or didn't) then yea, I can see why he was flagged...but I don't see how players deserve "free hits", especially since USUALLY in the NFL players often get flagged for retaliatory punches, meaning this ruling isn't consistent.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm gonna watch the video and see if I can see the dude spitting. it'd be a shame if he got ejected because spit accidentally came out of his mouth :)

but something tells me he did by the look on his face

CalDolFan1014
01-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Tampa's really having its way with Washington's OL now.

nopony
01-07-2006, 07:55 PM
I'll put it this way... IF Taylor spit in his face, Pittman has to hit him regardless of a flag. And it really hasn't a bad hit.

If he'd ripped off Taylor's helmet with his teeth and broke Sean's nose with his knee, it would have been justified, in my opinion. But you'd probably have to call that. :)

IMO, the ref did the right thing if the info is correct.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:56 PM
alright, I'm already tired of talking about it. back to the game.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:57 PM
when the Bucs "beat" the Skins.

ugh...if that instant replay wasn't so obstructed, that call is overturned and Tampa doesn't win its division.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Ohhh, Washington's gonna pay for missing that sack.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 08:00 PM
the Sean Taylor play is going to be bigger emotionally than it is physically on the field. While the latter definitely hurts, the wind seems to be taken out of Washington's sails right now.

Dolphin1184
01-07-2006, 08:13 PM
LOL did you see Simms call out the defender?

TerryTate
01-07-2006, 08:19 PM
I cant believe the bucs are in this game after the early moments of this game.

TerryTate
01-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Wow, cant get any closer than that on the review....

Great throw by Simms

CalDolFan1014
01-07-2006, 08:24 PM
I say incomplete.

Dolphin1184
01-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Man that throw couldn't have been better at all.

TerryTate
01-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Which game was it when Chambers lost the ball when he came down in the endzone?

CalDolFan1014
Wow....Washington ball. If that was a few yards shorter, it would've been a tied game.

SuavePhin

The Jets game :fire: :fire:

CalDolFan1014
01-07-2006, 08:27 PM

New England game, I think.

CalDolFan1014
01-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Was it against the Jets???

TheAnswer385
01-07-2006, 08:31 PM
heck of a game

TheAnswer385
01-07-2006, 08:32 PM
looks like they will get the ball back with like a min 10 or something like that

SuavePhin
01-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Was it against the Jets???

IF he means the game a few years back yes, if he meant this year then im not sure

CalDolFan1014
01-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Whatta fugly punt!!

finsmx
01-07-2006, 08:34 PM
wow, what an awful punt

finsmx
01-07-2006, 08:35 PM
ha!

game over :lol:

CalDolFan1014
Wow. Game over with the pick. Congrats to the 'Skins D. They had a hell of a game.

TerryTate
ballgame

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 08:36 PM
ballgame. shame Shepard had to be butterfingers in the end zone

dm416
Redskins Win 17-10

CalDolFan1014
Redskins only had 25 yards passing????? :eek:

Metal Panda
New England game, I think.

it was the Jets in 2002, in the Meadowlands, final score 13-10.

Dolphin1184
What a defensive game! Congrats to Joe Gibbs and Mark Brunell.

Simms though has a bright future for him. He is a hell of a player.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Well that should shut up the irascible Bucs fans for a while.

Including the fatass behind me at the Fins-Dolphins game who kept shouting "2-14! 2-14!" and "Ricky, it's ganja man!" over and over.

TerryTate
01-07-2006, 08:38 PM
it was the Jets in 2002, in the Meadowlands, final score 13-10.

Ah thats it...i knew its been awhile.

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Ah thats it...i knew its been awhile.

the thing is in that game, the movement was sooooooooo small that a lot of people thought it was questionable (although if I remove my bias blinders I think I agree with the call).

at least in the Tampa game it was obvious.

good officiating in that game tonight.

RunningBackGuru
01-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Congrats to the Skins for the win. It was a great game.

PressCoverage
01-07-2006, 11:00 PM
that sure looked like a touchdown to me to Shepperd...

Metal Panda
01-07-2006, 11:24 PM
It wasn't. Wasn't even that close.

"When you are going to the ground, even though two feet hit and an elbow hits, when you hit the ground, you have to maintain control of the ball," league officiating director Mike Pereira said. "It's the same at the 50-yard line as it is in the end zone. It's the same inbounds as it is out of bounds. Even though the feet come down first, if the ball comes loose, which it did here, if you don't maintain control of the ball, then it's an incomplete pass."

Wasn't even in reference to this game, but it applies here.

PressCoverage
01-07-2006, 11:37 PM
i understand the rule... but i didn't really think he was losing the ball until he was approaching the ground.... when he put his second foot down, i really didn't see the ball as "loose"

Metal Panda
01-08-2006, 12:14 AM
i understand the rule... but i didn't really think he was losing the ball until he was approaching the ground.... when he put his second foot down, i really didn't see the ball as "loose"

and that's the rule. The rules while you're catching it as you're going down (and being tackled) in the end zone, according to NFL rules, are the same as if you're in the regular field of play--you must control it as you hit the ground.