PDA

View Full Version : Punt Returns for Madden 06

PhinsOwnBrady
01-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Does anyone know how to return punts everytime my guy cathes the ball there is always a guy in front of him my guys never block do you guys know how to do it.

Caps
01-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Does anyone know how to return punts everytime my guy cathes the ball there is always a guy in front of him my guys never block do you guys know how to do it.

Yeah, my guys are crap at blocking on punt returns too. I end up fair catching pretty much every time.

byroan
01-08-2006, 10:02 PM
:rofl:

You really can't return punts. Even bringing a guy back there to help doesn't really work. I just let the ball bounce and hope it bounces backwards then pick it up and run with it.

TjHawk
01-09-2006, 02:55 AM
do punt block formation most of the time that gives you a little cushion.

arsenal
01-09-2006, 12:32 PM
^yeah you'll get some yards doing that... but its stupid... if your playing against another actual human, the blockers do hold their blocks and you can get some room, but against the computer nothing... it sucks...

Alex44
01-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Use the 'Punt Block Return' play I think its called

Then take the last guy on your line and run into their guy at the end of the formation at the snap of the ball

It gives you a little more room than usual

UCFinfan86
01-09-2006, 02:18 PM
i use punt block return and i bring one of the DLineman back to block, half the time i can get a little room for a 5-10ysd a return

AquaInferno
01-09-2006, 04:22 PM
I use regular punt return, it depends on the depth of the punt really, if the punter is kickin from his own 20 or in more he tends to give it less hang time, the hang time is why they get down there. It's hit or miss, and there are so many other more important areas of Madden, just stop and say "Why am I focused on the smallest element of Madden?"

mor911
01-09-2006, 05:29 PM
I select one of the blockers and manually pick up the main guy.

Slappy8800
01-09-2006, 05:40 PM
another reason i miss ESPN :(

mor911
01-09-2006, 06:37 PM
another reason i miss ESPN :(
:yeahthat:

PhinsOwnBrady
01-09-2006, 08:40 PM
I use regular punt return, it depends on the depth of the punt really, if the punter is kickin from his own 20 or in more he tends to give it less hang time, the hang time is why they get down there. It's hit or miss, and there are so many other more important areas of Madden, just stop and say "Why am I focused on the smallest element of Madden?"

Well i got the game pretty much down its just that that i would like to get better at.

HysterikiLL
01-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Off topic, but you guys should get out Jerome Mathis as a kick returner. His KR rating is only about 60 or something but he has 97 speed and 98 acceleration. In my first game in superstar mode with the texans this afternoon he returned 2 kickoffs for TDs!! (that was huge because I'd only ever returned once before in my life).

NuttyFin
01-10-2006, 11:32 PM
I do punt block then audible to punt return. Works for me

Majpain
01-10-2006, 11:44 PM
ES did something to that because it was so easy to bring back punt returns.They really half assed Madden 06.

Metal Panda
01-11-2006, 12:18 AM
:yeahthat:

ESPN NFL2k5 will be missed. the franchise mode lacked a little (and it's damn near impossible to manage the salary cap since penalties take effect immediately) but the game play is fantastic and the game isn't peppered with a horrible soundtrack like Madden.

I still enjoy Madden, but ESPN was onto something and now they're extinct thanks to Madden. The graphics I thought were better and more fluid and the replays looked realistic. Plus the halftime show is a trip! Granted they use generic stock still shots but that made my jaw drop the first time how they accurately describe the events of each half :)

mor911
01-11-2006, 12:28 AM
ESPN NFL2k5 will be missed. the franchise mode lacked a little (and it's damn near impossible to manage the salary cap since penalties take effect immediately) but the game play is fantastic and the game isn't peppered with a horrible soundtrack like Madden.

I still enjoy Madden, but ESPN was onto something and now they're extinct thanks to Madden. The graphics I thought were better and more fluid and the replays looked realistic. Plus the halftime show is a trip! Granted they use generic stock still shots but that made my jaw drop the first time how they accurately describe the events of each half :)
You're SO right. Another year or two with their formula, and they would definitely have had madden's crown as king.

PS -- On xbox, the half time shows and weekly sports center shows had real video clips of games in progress. :D

Metal Panda
01-11-2006, 12:43 AM
You're SO right. Another year or two with their formula, and they would definitely have had madden's crown as king.

PS -- On xbox, the half time shows and weekly sports center shows had real video clips of games in progress. :D

Figures. We get gipped.

But yay, we get yet another of the same thing from Madden now!

Oh well at least there's still NCAA. I still love that series.

mor911
01-11-2006, 12:55 AM
Figures. We get gipped.

But yay, we get yet another of the same thing from Madden now!

Oh well at least there's still NCAA. I still love that series.
I liked NCAA, but thought the super player feature was dumb... there were points when that player's "in the zone" and they'd pull off the biggest BS plays ever known to god and games (for example, you call the guys play and he still breaks the tackle of every defender on the team).

Metal Panda
01-11-2006, 12:56 AM
I liked NCAA, but thought the super player feature was dumb... there were points when that player's "in the zone" and they'd pull off the biggest BS plays ever known to god and games (for example, you call the guys play and he still breaks the tackle of every defender on the team).

I just love the fact that if you work hard enough at it, you can make the Duke Blue Devils national champions :)

mor911
01-11-2006, 01:00 AM
I just love the fact that if you work hard enough at it, you can make the Duke Blue Devils national champions :)
And that's what I didn't like about it :lol:

I hate the fact that you can pick Bowling Green, and be the national champs.

Metal Panda
01-11-2006, 01:28 AM
And that's what I didn't like about it :lol:

I hate the fact that you can pick Bowling Green, and be the national champs.

but that's the whole fun of it! and it takes forever to build up a lowly college anyway. Screw taking these "already made teams" to the national championship game! :)

what I used to find funny was taking Notre Dame, and since you can change all 12 games on the schedule, make them play all lowly I-A teams and some I-AA teams as well. Appalacchian State, Florida Atlantic, FIU.....

Slappy8800
01-11-2006, 02:54 AM
i loved SC and halftim shows on teh xbox....man i feel like going and buying it back :(

byroan
01-11-2006, 11:26 AM
If you had the HD for the ps2 you also got live scenes at halftime. A thing of beauty. :cry:

Metal Panda
01-11-2006, 09:21 PM
If you had the HD for the ps2 you also got live scenes at halftime. A thing of beauty. :cry:

Really? I didn't know that.

I'd consider buying it except that's all I"d use it for and it ain't worth THAT much money :)

Slappy8800
01-12-2006, 02:23 AM
i traded it in...they gave me .75 for it!

houtz
01-12-2006, 02:36 AM
Yeah this is one thing they need to fix next year. In the league i'm in you can't move any players before the snap. As soon as the ball is hiked i take one of the lineman and just run as fast as i can back to the returner. Usually the kick is a line drive towards the sideline so i never get to return it anyway.

Slappy8800
01-12-2006, 02:38 AM
explain this to me..my KR speed 97 ACC 91....yet no matter what SOMEONE catched me from behind....gosh i hate it!

Metal Panda
01-14-2006, 02:13 PM
I have a huge bone to pick with this game. I just turned it off in frustration after throwing an INT, my 7th consecutive incompletion.

I know I can turn the QB vision off, but it's the silliest thing they've come up with. They want you to "look off the receiver", which is a great idea, I admit. However, Madden is famous for blitzes that drop you in 2 seconds flat, which of course the offensive line never picks up. And the corners seem to always sandwich your receivers, plus in recent Madden games, apparently cornerbacks have Michael Jordan-esque leaps and can bat anything down.

So you get 1.5 seconds to look off the receiver, and of course the R2 button is really sensitive and you probably wind up pushing it too far to one direction and then your throw is off target!

You can't return punts, the simulations of the opponents games turn every team to mush....

Personally I'm peeved now that they helped kill the ESPN franchise :(

King Felix
01-17-2006, 11:06 PM
cone vision=greatness if u cant use it u suck

Metal Panda
01-17-2006, 11:30 PM
o ok d00d thnx for da info ur shur showed mýne

byroan
01-17-2006, 11:32 PM
I suck then because I don't have time for that cone crap.

Dolfan984
01-18-2006, 04:50 AM
I love the cone I'm just good with the right analog stick.

AquaInferno
01-18-2006, 11:35 AM
I used to hate the cone so much, but it's really good at tricking the CPU especially if you play someone that doesn't control their DBs. EA keeps comin with th good additions, the hit stick, truck stick and the vision cone. I have a feeling that the QB vision will be out next year tho, cause a LOT of people complain about it.

PhinsOwnBrady
01-18-2006, 06:21 PM

I took Hawaii and won the National Championship the 3rd year its kind of un realistic and its really easy to recruit. But the one thing i dont like about the ncaa is how many passes the recievers drop.

Alex44
01-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Im not sure what your all complaining about in madden

If you find plays that work for you, use them, have the right hot routes and audibles you should have no problem in all madden mode doing anything

maybe I just play to much?

I find the QB vison great, you just have to be quick with it and know where your guys are gonna be

Pauly
01-18-2006, 10:55 PM
explain this to me..my KR speed 97 ACC 91....yet no matter what SOMEONE catched me from behind....gosh i hate it!

You players slow down wehn carrying the ball.

The best PRs I've found are HBs with good STR, AGI, ACC, and BTK. You're not as likely to get a return for TD, but you've got a much better chance of avoiding the first tackler and getting a consistent 10-20 yards/return than if you use a wimpy CB or WR.

Metal Panda
01-19-2006, 12:02 AM
I took Hawaii and won the National Championship the 3rd year its kind of un realistic and its really easy to recruit. But the one thing i dont like about the ncaa is how many passes the recievers drop.

I think it's pretty fair as it is harder to get 5 star blue chippers if you're a small school as they allocate you more points.

and the game can't be completely realistic or we'd all suck at it :)