PDA

View Full Version : Top Defensive Backs

Rocky Raccoon
01-09-2006, 12:39 AM
Besides Michael Huff and Darnell Bing... who are the other big defensive backs in the draft the Dolphins may be interested in?

OurHeartAndSoul
01-09-2006, 12:47 AM
Leron Landry out of LSU. I'd love to pick this kid and he should be available. Could be a starter for the next ten years.

phinfan_1
01-09-2006, 01:06 AM
Besides Michael Huff and Darnell Bing... who are the other big defensive backs in the draft the Dolphins may be interested in?

Antonio Cromartie CB Flor.st.
Jimmy Williams CB VTech
Tye hill CB Clemson
DeMario Minter CB Georgia
Kelly Jennings CB Miami
Jason Allen CB-S Tenn.
Alan Zemaitis CB Penn State
Anwar Phillips CB Penn St.
Cedric Griffin CB Texas
Darrell Hunter CB Miami (Ohio)

Michael Huff S Texas
Darnell Bing S USC
LaRon Landry S LSU
Dwayne Slay S Tex. Tech
Anthony Smith S Syracuse
Bernard Pollard S Purdue
Pat Watkins S Florida State
Daniel Bullocks S Nebraska
Greg Blue S Georgia

Danny
01-09-2006, 01:37 AM
I'll trow in another name....Roman Harper of Bama.Their leader on defence and the kind of guy coaches want on their team. 3rd round area for him.

Ozzy rules!!

dominizzo
01-09-2006, 01:52 AM
Jimmy Williams is the Sam MAdison of the Draft

SMadison29
01-09-2006, 02:16 AM

:shakeno: Don't ever insult Madison like that.

dominizzo
01-09-2006, 02:21 AM
:shakeno: Don't ever insult Madison like that.

Im Not insulting SAm MAd at all dude Jimmy Williams reminds me of him when Sam was in louisville:shakeno:

sports24/7
01-09-2006, 02:22 AM
They seem like totally different players to me. If you mean they are both overrated then that is true IMO,

I like Michael Huff the most. If he can prove he is fast enough to play CB he would be my top choice. If not I still like him alot at the safety spot. He really impressed me with his tackling at the Rose Bowl.

Cromartie is interesting. If he didn't get hurt he would have had a very good chance of being the first DB off the board and could have gone very early. He has everything you want from a CB (size, speed, ball skills)and is a heck of a return man. But he had a major knee injury and that raises flags. He might be worth taking though because his upside is endless. He also could play both sides if the Dolphins feel like experimenting.

A later round guy I like alot is Marcus Maxey from Miami. He is overshadowed by Jennings but has good size and is one of the fastest players on the UM team. He could be a nice later round find.

dominizzo
01-09-2006, 02:25 AM
They seem like totally different players to me. If you mean they are both overrated then that is true IMO,

I like Michael Huff the most. If he can prove he is fast enough to play CB he would be my top choice. If not I still like him alot at the safety spot. He really impressed me with his tackling at the Rose Bowl.

Cromartie is interesting. If he didn't get hurt he would have had a very good chance of being the first DB off the board and could have gone very early. He has everything you want from a CB (size, speed, ball skills)and is a heck of a return man. But he had a major knee injury and that raises flags. He might be worth taking though because his upside is endless. He also could play both sides if the Dolphins feel like experimenting.

A later round guy I like alot is Marcus Maxey from Miami. He is overshadowed by Jennings but has good size and is one of the fastest players on the UM team. He could be a nice later round find.

Congrats on 1K:dolphins:

PeaTearGriffin
01-09-2006, 03:02 AM
Jimmy Williams CB VTech
Tye hill CB Clemson
Kelly Jennings CB Miami
Jason Allen CB-S Tenn.
Cedric Griffin CB Texas

Michael Huff S Texas
Darnell Bing S USC
LaRon Landry S LSU
Dwayne Slay S Tex. Tech
Anthony Smith S Syracuse
Bernard Pollard S Purdue
Greg Blue S Georgia

forgot nate salley

sports24/7
01-09-2006, 03:13 AM
Congrats on 1K:dolphins:
Thanks I didn't even notice. :D

beejay05
01-09-2006, 03:19 AM
Ko Simpson from South Carolina i think has declared and is a stud...I personally like Dwyane Slay later in the draft, maybe the 4th round. He hits like an absolute truck and lead teh NCAA in forced fumbles, i think, with like 8. Keep in mind he does not strip the ball. He just levels other players. I have a link to a hit he put on a K state player that will make you toes tingle. He is kinda slow, but i like him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_Slay

RAS25
01-09-2006, 03:28 AM
richerd marshall-cb-fresno state. he declared the other day and right now he is a 2nd rounder but he could move to a 1st after combine.

phinfan_1
01-09-2006, 03:44 AM
Jimmy Williams CB VTech
Tye hill CB Clemson
Kelly Jennings CB Miami
Jason Allen CB-S Tenn.
Cedric Griffin CB Texas

Michael Huff S Texas
Darnell Bing S USC
LaRon Landry S LSU
Dwayne Slay S Tex. Tech
Anthony Smith S Syracuse
Bernard Pollard S Purdue
Greg Blue S Georgia

Here's some more I didn't get with my first post:

Dee Webb CB Florida (underclassman)
Ashton Youboty CB Ohio st. (underclassman)

Dawan Landry S Georgia Tech
Calvin Lowry S Penn State
Roman Harper S Alabama
Darrell Brooks S Arizona

phinfan_1
01-09-2006, 11:03 AM
forgot nate salley

Yes and you can't forget his teammate at Ohio State who's projected even higher, Donte Whitner.

Canadi-Phin
01-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Is Ohio State's entire defense getting drafted this year? Hawk, Carpenter, Youboty, Salley, Whitner, or Schleigal. That's crazy. No wonder they were so good. I wouldn't mind any of these guys on our team. Everyone of them is a playmaker.

cheyannefan
01-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Don't forget Mike Kudla and (DE) and Marcus Green (DT). That's 9 guys. Entire secondary and linbacking corps.:(

Silverphin
01-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Here's some more I didn't get with my first post:

Dee Webb CB Florida (underclassman)
Ashton Youboty CB Ohio st. (underclassman)

Dawan Landry S Georgia Tech
Calvin Lowry S Penn State
Roman Harper S Alabama
Darrell Brooks S Arizona

Here's three DB's we can pick in the Seventh Round or as Undrafted Free Agents.

SS~ Joe Miklos ~ UNLV --Swift, hard-hitting former linebacker, who will be expected to pick up the slack in the Rebels secondary with teammate Jamaal Brimmer gone. Miklos, who starred at the famed De La Salle High School in California, began his college career at linebacker, before being moved to safety, where he's made a huge impact. Statistically, Miklos had a better season than the more noted Brimmer in 2004, when he registered 86 tackles, 3 sacks and had 2 interceptions for 79 yards. More importantly, the 6'2", 215 pound Miklos is said to possess better speed than Brimmer. Seems like the type of player NFL scouts will pay close attention to.

CB ~ Willie Hughely (http://fausports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hughley_willie00.html) ~ Florida Atlantic-- Is a 5'11, 170 pound athlete that can run and jump as well as just about any CB in the nation. Hughely had 6 interceptions, 11 PBU's in 2004, despite the fact that teams rarely threw the ball to his side.....Just a dominating player for the recently turned Division 1-A Owls, who had several players from their 2004 team move on to the NFL as free agents (QB Jared Allen and S Chris Laskowski)....Hughely should be on the NFL's draft day radar, if he can show he has the type speed NFL teams are looking for and can show he elevate his game against top competition in the post season. Has 177 career tackles and 14 career picks.

S/CB ~ Nick Turnbull (http://www.fiusports.com/football/profiles04/turnbull.htm) ~ Florida International--Is a player that has been absolutely dominant at safety for the Golden Panthers in his career, but will moved to CB to best utilize his speed and athletic ability. The 6'3", 215 pound Turnbull has 210 career tackles, 14 interceptions already (75 tackles and 5 picks in 2004)....When this athletic ballhawk does get a long look by the NFL, don't be surprised to see him move back to safety. Nontheless, the FIU coaches belief that he can be a shutdown corner shows he's got decent speed....Respected football people we know are surprised he didn't sign with Miami or some other conference school out of the prep ranks. Turnbull is definitely a smaller school player to watch real closely, due to his size, speed and toughness.