PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Chad Took Swing At Marvin

RAS25
01-10-2006, 12:22 AM
CHAD TOOK SWING AT MARVIN

A league source tells us that multiple members of the Cincinnati Bengals witnessed a troubling incident as the team prepared to take the field for the second half of Sunday's playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Per the source, the last few minutes of intermission were ticking away, when the players were startled by the sight and sound of a helmet slamming against the glass pane of the training room door. Inside, receiver Chad Johnson and receivers coach Hue Jackson were engaged in an altercation. At one point, Johnson was seen holding Jackson in a headlock.

Coach Marvin Lewis entered the training room to intervene, and Johnson (per the source) took a swing at him.

Eventually, receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh broke up the skirmish, within a minute or so of the team exiting the locker room for the second half.

On Monday, several members of the team pointed to the Johnson-Jackson-Lewis incident as the catalyst for the loss of a 17-14 halftime lead and, ultimately, a 31-17 defeat.

Word is that Johnson was unhappy with the lack of balls thrown to him in the first half. A total of three passes came his way, with two completions.

In the second half, another three passes were thrown to Johnson, with only two more completions. For the game, Johnson had four catches for 59 yards.

The incident could have an even more lasting impact on the team than quarterback Carson Palmer's torn ACL and MCL. Some players, we're told, don't want to see Johnson back next year, and there's a belief that the team will be less inclined to give in to Johnson's request for a hefty restructuring of a contract that expires after the 2009 season.

So the Chad Johnson saga very well could evolve into the 2006 version of the Terrell Owens fiasco.

If so, it's very bad news for a franchise that otherwise looked to have a very bright future

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

now i find it really concerning if this is true but if chad gets put up on the trading block we need to get him.he is no TO(chad actually loves football)and if we get a chance to add a player of chads caliber then we should do it and id consider trading anyone with the exeption of ronnie(they dont need him anyway)to make this happen.

Jimmy James
01-10-2006, 12:26 AM
This just proves why I wouldn't use PFT as toilet paper. Show me a legitimate source for this information, and I'll start to be concerned about Chad and the Bengals. Until then...

RAS25
01-10-2006, 12:31 AM
This just proves why I wouldn't use PFT as toilet paper. Show me a legitimate source for this information, and I'll start to be concerned about Chad and the Bengals. Until then...

well thats why i said "if this is true".but the main reason i have doubts is i just dont think chad would do somthin like that.but PFT has been on the money on alot of things recently so im not ruling it out 100%.

Slappy8800
01-10-2006, 12:54 AM
just read this,,,,hope its not true...i like Chad

hunter5nc1
01-10-2006, 01:08 AM
I was reading PFT and it said that Chad Johnson took a swipe at Marvin Lewis at halftime. I know its PFT but is there any truth to this?

hunter5nc1
01-10-2006, 01:16 AM
man that was fast Mods I posted and I went back seconds later and it had been merged with a thread in the Free Agent forum.

King Felix
01-10-2006, 01:31 AM
if he took a shot at lewis do you really think he would be playin in the second half?!?!?

Majpain
01-10-2006, 02:22 AM
Ive already said Chad is becoming the next TO :(

King Felix
01-10-2006, 02:24 AM
this is a complete rumor theres no way he would play in the second half if all that would have happened

Slappy8800
01-10-2006, 02:42 AM
id let him play....dont keep ur second best player off teh field

King Felix
01-10-2006, 02:45 AM
u do when he swings a punch at the head coach and marvin lewis isnt a laid back caoch

RAS25
01-10-2006, 02:50 AM
this is a complete rumor theres no way he would play in the second half if all that would have happened

probably true...but think about it,the bengals are in a playoff game for the first time in a long time ,their star QB is out of the game their lead is gone and it would severly hurt their chances to win if they bench their best player.then after the game they have to talk to the media about why chad was sitting in the 2nd half of a playoff game.so if they wanted to keep it quiet the best idea would be to take care of it after the game so there isnt a big media frenzy.

King Felix
01-10-2006, 02:55 AM
u bring up good points but i just dont see them playing him i mean were talking trying to get in a fight with the HEAD COACH

Joneal7
01-10-2006, 06:04 AM
heck...noone can cover 85..so why wasnt Kitna throwing it to him? ...id be frustrated too

Jimmy James
01-10-2006, 11:13 AM
heck...noone can cover 85..so why wasnt Kitna throwing it to him? ...id be frustrated too

Actually, it's apparent that the Steelers scheme pretty well to deal with Chad as compared to other teams. They seem to be willing to let any other WR hurt them to keep it away from Chad.

I think what really happened was that the team learned during halftime that Palmer had a torn ACL and MCL and lost their focus on the game.

Frank B
01-10-2006, 11:48 AM
If Johnson did indeed take a swing at the coach, why should the Dolphins consider signing him? He's just another "ME, ME" guy. Why would Nick want to add that kind of player to this team?

King Felix
01-10-2006, 12:38 PM
on taht website they comfirmed it today

maddendude
01-10-2006, 12:52 PM
This is what SHOULD happen:

Carson should call Chad, and tell him to apologize. Chad calls Marvin and Jackson in confrence calling lol, or meets them somewhere, and he apologizes. His excuse: "It was intense, I was just upset, I wanna get passed that, I love you guys" ..after all, hes a good guy. He actually went out and met the tailgating fans.

When Owens says something, hes serious about it. When chad says it, hes joking around about it. You can just tell by the way he says it. UNLESS-> he has some super ego that no ones ever seen before. Then he can be the next owens.

King Felix
01-10-2006, 12:59 PM
next latrell sprewell

backpacker
01-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Johnson is in no way another T.O. All he does similar to T.O. is pre-plan celebrations. T.O. is a selfish prick. If this story is true, why is it not spreading every where?

RunningBackGuru
01-10-2006, 04:24 PM
I hope this is just a rumour. Chad is one of my favorite WR's in the league. It's too bad to see things happen like that. :(

Dolphin1184
01-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Until I read it elsewhere, as far as I am concerned that is GARBAGE.

FinaciousOne
01-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Chad Denies anything happened.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/01/10/johnson.html

wazzy
01-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Chad Denies anything happened.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/01/10/johnson.html

Nice research I knew this had to be BS! I know Chad Johnson wants the ball a lot but I can't see him fighting coaches over it even his cousin never swung at his coach and his cousin is Keyshawn Johnson!

Alex44
01-10-2006, 08:15 PM
If Johnson did indeed take a swing at the coach, why should the Dolphins consider signing him? He's just another "ME, ME" guy. Why would Nick want to add that kind of player to this team?

Randy McMichael hits his wife why is he a dolphin?

If you get it done on the field and love football your valuable

Dolphin1184
01-10-2006, 08:19 PM

I don't think he is a Me player to the extent of Keyshawn Johnson or TO. Usually when he has fun its with his teammates or even with the fans (e.g. when he gave gifts out).

PassRush
01-11-2006, 03:24 PM
I dont believe it for a second. Chad Johnson is my favorite non Dolphin player in all of pro sports. He is a stand up guy who loves the game of Football but also likes to have fun. Thats what he is all about. If I were Chad and I only had three balls thrown to me I would be pissed too, but I would be astonished and severly disapointed it those rumors came to be true

QB2RonnieTD23
01-11-2006, 05:14 PM
talk about Locker Room cancer....the only problem is this guy doesn't EXIST in big games. Which is what seperates him from one Terrell Owens, whom you all cant stand by listening to idiot analysts on ESPN who dont know their *** from a hole in the astroturf at the RCA Dome.

painnotpleasure
01-11-2006, 05:51 PM
I really doubt this is true, if it was... I would think you would be hearing about it all over the media and other websites.