PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft to leave door open for Blu-Ray add-on

mor911
01-10-2006, 09:41 PM
360 may offer a Blu-Ray drive add-on also!

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data...ykluNFpfUGq.php (http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEFyAkyykluNFpfUGq.php)

Despite the obvious preference for HD-DVD, it seems Microsoft isn't willing to completely tie its fate to the format just yet. During CES 2006, Microsoft's Xbox corporate VP of worldwide marketing and publishing Peter Moore told Japanese site ITmedia (http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/) that a Blu-ray Xbox 360 peripheral could appear for the system if the need arises.Moore admitted that Microsoft isn't sure of the next-generation format war's outcome, with the worst-case scenario being a repeat of the Beta vs. VHS war of the '80s.

So on that note, I don't think they're digging a grave.

The way I see it, they're gonna play it safe and not choose sides 100%. Smart move IMO. So can we please stop the PS3 is better because of Blu-Ray now? :D

Motion
01-11-2006, 06:33 AM
The way I see it, they're gonna play it safe and not choose sides 100%. Smart move IMO. So can we please stop the PS3 is better because of Blu-Ray now? :D

This means absolutely nothing in regards to that debate. They may offer a Blu-Ray player, But all PS3's games will be Blu-Ray. Completely different, this add-on would be for movies only.

mor911
01-11-2006, 08:38 AM
This means absolutely nothing in regards to that debate. They may offer a Blu-Ray player, But all PS3's games will be Blu-Ray. Completely different, this add-on would be for movies only.
Like I said, they're playing it safe. If the industry adopts HD-DVD, the PS3 will have a rough time.

Motion
01-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Like I said, they're playing it safe. If the industry adopts HD-DVD, the PS3 will have a rough time.

And like I said it doesn't settle any debate. :D

AquaInferno
01-11-2006, 10:26 AM

Exactly Speed, games will be Blu-Ray. MMMMM Metal Gear on Blu-Ray... The cutscenes should be phenomenal.
Hideo Kojima + Blu-ray capacity = Masterpiece (I hope...)

PeaTearGriffin
01-11-2006, 11:18 AM
now im neutral on the whole 360 vs ps3 debate...but its going to take a very long time before any game uses all the advantages of blu-ray

mor911
01-11-2006, 11:22 AM
now im neutral on the whole 360 vs ps3 debate...but its going to take a very long time before any game uses all the advantages of blu-ray
Been trying to say this. People are so closed minded about stuff when they're a fan.

Bruzer
01-11-2006, 12:16 PM
I agree it will take a while to utilize it right but... Like rockstar for example had problems fitting thier game on 1 dvd by using blueray they are able to fit much more and not have to compress it so it will fit on a dvd disc. So blue ray does have its advantages. I hate xbox and im not saying im a ps3 fanboy because I play more computer and own a nintendo gamecube.

Plus with both systems I wouldn't say who is best hardware wise ps3 is a little better but It will take atleast a year for people to start using both systems right. Look at ps2 games when they came out and look at them now. Not great but much better than before. So I don't know what all the arguing is about when you won't be able to actually tell which system is doing better atleast a year after both are out.