PDA

View Full Version : My Dolphins Mock

Dolfan1000
01-10-2006, 10:11 PM
We have no 5th, and two 7ths (I think...). Anyway, here it is:

(1) Michael Huff, CB/S, Texas (We would play him at S)

(2) Bobby Carpenter, OLB/DE, Ohio State (Our Mike Vrabel)

(3) Darrell Hackney, QB, UAB (Cannon arm, reminds many of Leftwich)

(4) Marcus Maxey, CB, Miami (Playmaker)

(5) Manuel Wright, DT, USC (One year ahead of schedule)

(6) Montavious Stanley, DT, Louisville (6'2, 321... Future NT? DL needs youth)

(7) Jabari Levey, OT, South Carolina (Potential sleeper, Houck is terrific)

(7) Brandon Johnson, OLB, Louisville (Good size at 6'5... LBs usually make good ST guys)

So there you have it. What do you think?

RONNIE H2
01-10-2006, 10:14 PM
I like Hackney and believe he really made Roddy White the reciever he was in college. Your mock adresses our needs but i think we may go with a reciever to develop in the later round

Dolfan1000
01-10-2006, 10:17 PM
A WR could definitely replace Johnson as our final 7th rounder.. But an OLB is more likely to immediately contribute, likely on special teams. It also depends on what we do in free agency.

General Tso
01-10-2006, 10:27 PM

Other than he's 4 inches shorter and Leftwich put up much better numbers at Marshall.

We need to come out of this draft with a better QB prospect than Hackney.

17-0
01-10-2006, 10:42 PM
We have three 7th round picks I believe. That would be a killer draft.

Retnuhrace
01-10-2006, 10:45 PM
We have no 6th round pick (Cleo Lemon-AJ Feeley trade)

Dolfan1000
01-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Well, Stanley could easily fall to the 7th... By the time you get to that late in day two its pretty tough to predict/argue where guys will go.

Motion
01-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Other than he's 4 inches shorter and Leftwich put up much better numbers at Marshall.

We need to come out of this draft with a better QB prospect than Hackney.

Agreed. Plus Hackney is 10x more mobile than Leftwich, not seeing ANY comparisons there.

jon19
01-10-2006, 11:23 PM
How About ANTONIO CROMARTIE. MAxey is not a playmaker. You have been mistaken. Cromartie is a PLAYMAKER. We should get him in the 1st or 2nd..

dominizzo
01-10-2006, 11:25 PM
i love itbut instead of Haackney id like Omar JAcobs or Paul Pinegar

Dolfan1000
01-10-2006, 11:26 PM
How About ANTONIO CROMARTIE. MAxey is not a playmaker. You have been mistaken. Cromartie is a PLAYMAKER. We should get him in the 1st or 2nd..

No way he falls to the 4th!

Dolfan1000
01-10-2006, 11:27 PM
i love itbut instead of Haackney id like Omar JAcobs or Paul Pinegar

If Jacobs fell to the 3rd he would be the pick. I guess its possible.

Motion
01-10-2006, 11:29 PM
No way he falls to the 4th!

Did you read his post? He said 1st or 2nd. That said, no way I spend a 1st on a guy coming off a major injury.

Dolfan1000
01-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Did you read his post? He said 1st or 2nd. That said, no way I spend a 1st on a guy coming off a major injury.

Lay off man. My point is to say "Maxey isnt a playmaker!! Cromartie is!!" is pretty ridiculous, considering one is a projected 4th rounder and the other will likely be gone early on Day 1. Obviously they are not the same caliber.

Motion
01-10-2006, 11:31 PM
If Jacobs fell to the 3rd he would be the pick. I guess its possible.

Very possible. Jacobs is a 4th rounder right now, he needs a solid combine to be considered a legit 2nd rounder.

Motion
01-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Lay off man. My point is to say "Maxey isnt a playmaker!! Cromartie is!!" is pretty ridiculous, considering one is a projected 4th rounder and the other will likely be gone early on Day 1. Obviously they are not the same caliber.

Lay off? All I said was did you read it, he clearly said 1st or 2nd, relax.

Dolfan1000
01-10-2006, 11:34 PM
Yes I obviously read it, I responded to it specifically.

I already explained that I was simply pointing out that comparing the playmaking ability of the two players is ridiculous, consdering one would be drafted with our 1st or 2nd and the other with our 4th or lower.

Spicy Henne
01-10-2006, 11:35 PM
I love all the picks except Hackney. Give me Whitehurst in the third instead and that's an ideal draft.
Whitehurst has ideal size and all the tools...he just needs to be coached up

twg76
01-10-2006, 11:38 PM

(7) Brandon Johnson, OLB, Louisville (Good size at 6'5... LBs usually make good ST guys)

I don't know all the players you picked, but I certainly agree with the positions you chose to address.

Motion
01-10-2006, 11:38 PM
I love all the picks except Hackney. Give me Whitehurst in the third instead and that's an ideal draft.
Whitehurst has ideal size and all the tools...he just needs to be coached up

Good call.

jon19
01-11-2006, 02:05 AM
I am not attacking you. In my opinion, Maxey is not a playmaker. He was solid in college but not a playmaker. Sean Taylor and Ed Reed are playmakers but not Maxey. Include Cromartie in that statement.

Danny
01-11-2006, 02:28 AM

I like the top 2 picks but not the QB.I also don't like the corner plus I think we need a SS instead of a corner anyway.I don't like to take a guy like Huff with our top pick and then move him to another positon but he's a good players tho.

Ozzy rules!!

Motion
01-11-2006, 02:47 AM
I like the top 2 picks but not the QB.I also don't like the corner plus I think we need a SS instead of a corner anyway.I don't like to take a guy like Huff with our top pick and then move him to another positon but he's a good players tho.

Ozzy rules!!

He is a safety. He has the speed to play both though.

Danny
01-11-2006, 11:30 AM
He is a safety. He has the speed to play both though.
I know he's been playing safety but he's a tweener to some people.Don't get me wrong,I'm not gonna cry if we get him cos he's a good player.I just wanna know where our top pick is gonna play before we draft him.

Ozzy rules!!

Philter25
01-11-2006, 11:37 AM

Not possible as San Diego now owns our 6th rounder per our Feeley/Clemon trade.

We gave them our 6th rounder basically to dump his salary and let us spread the cap hit.

nick1
01-11-2006, 11:51 AM
I like this mock, very well thought out and after this we would be set for a good season

cowtowndick
01-11-2006, 11:59 AM
i agree to a certain extent - we do need to address qb, secondary and lb. i would include offensive line, and the seventh round is too late. from the sounds of things, none of us are going to agree completely on our respective mocks. i myself would prefer cutler in the first, then bpa at any of the other three areas in the following rounds. hackney doesn't thrill me at all, nor does whitehurst.

Alex44
01-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Yes I obviously read it, I responded to it specifically.

I already explained that I was simply pointing out that comparing the playmaking ability of the two players is ridiculous, consdering one would be drafted with our 1st or 2nd and the other with our 4th or lower.

The round you are drafted in has little to do with how good you will be in the future

Guys drafted in the first round arnt always better but actually just ready to play sooner

Id rather have Maxey anyway he is a solid cover corner who can play zone defense, and we wouldnt have to waste an earlier pick to get him

Cromartie is good but the only thing he really has over maxey is size and hype

nick1
01-11-2006, 12:08 PM
i agree to a certain extent - we do need to address qb, secondary and lb. i would include offensive line, and the seventh round is too late. from the sounds of things, none of us are going to agree completely on our respective mocks. i myself would prefer cutler in the first, then bpa at any of the other three areas in the following rounds. hackney doesn't thrill me at all, nor does whitehurst.
Cutler is gonna be gone before the 16th pick, after the combine and Senior Bowl he will be a top 10 pick

nick1
01-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Maxey is a really fast corner and we need speed in our secoundary

Dolfan1000
01-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Well, the reason I project Michael Huff as a safety is that is where he is playing in college, and also with Poole, Daniels, Mitchell, a possible free agent signing (I assume) and now Maxey joining our CB group, it gives us a solid group, with Mitchell really only being counted on at first as our 5th DB/ST guy. I mean, hes coming off a major injury and we have no idea what he can do, so I think some of us may be overrating him somewhat... Then again, word is Saban loves the guy, and hes a decent scout ;)

Dolfan1000
01-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Not possible as San Diego now owns our 6th rounder per our Feeley/Clemon trade.

We gave them our 6th rounder basically to dump his salary and let us spread the cap hit.

Ya, I forgot about that. And we also apparently have three 7th rounders. So at this point, assume Stanley just falls to our extra 7th rounder that I omitted. When it comes to the final two rounds, projections are tough to make anyway. He could slip.

TimeGap
01-11-2006, 03:02 PM
I love Brandon Johnson this guy plays sideline to sideline. If we get him in the 7th round i'll be a happy camper

Oboy
01-11-2006, 03:49 PM
I really like the first two picks... otherwise, not that excited. OT from SC is pretty cool too...

AND NO way to draft Cromartie with a first OR a second. He has not played much. Did not play at all last year and is coming off major knee surgery! NO WAY. MAYBE, MAYBE a third. Just because he could end up being a steal. You can not use your first or second round pick on a guy that has that big of a ?. You just can't. That gets your team in trouble.

Brad528
01-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Carpenter is a hell of a player and I would be happy if we got him. And I usually always hate on Ohio State players cause I hate the ****eyes and there players are usually pricks

Finfanforever
01-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Agreed. Plus Hackney is 10x more mobile than Leftwich, not seeing ANY comparisons there.

Why do people keep pushing the QB position down the priority list???

God! They have short memories!!!:yell: :fire: Speedrush, are we the only ones who see the forest AND the trees???:confused:

Oboy
01-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Why do people keep pushing the QB position down the priority list???

God! They have short memories!!!:yell: :fire: Speedrush, are we the only ones who see the forest AND the trees???:confused:
I don't think people (at least not me) are pushing the QB down the priority... I just don't think there will be one worth while where we pick in the first round.

Saban is big on value. He will not REACH for a player of need over BPA.

I would love Cutler to be there at 16. I just don't think it will happen. Just my gut feeling.

Dolfan1000
01-11-2006, 05:41 PM
I don't think people (at least not me) are pushing the QB down the priority... I just don't think there will be one worth while where we pick in the first round.

I would love Cutler to be there at 16. I just don't think it will happen. Just my gut feeling.

Exactly.

Finfanforever
01-11-2006, 05:49 PM

That makes me feel a little better. With all the new entrys in the draft I am still hopeful he slides to #16.

NoblePhin
01-12-2006, 05:14 PM
switch hackney for a taller qb. linehan loves tall lineman and if we keep drafting these 6'5 and up lineman, a 6'1 qb wont be able to see over the line let alone pass the ball. Jacobs in the third would be fine. we address a need without reaching and we get a project to work with. i like the positions that u tried to fill. i feel that saban is going to mostly use all of our picks on defense and ur mock did that well.

Boik14
01-13-2006, 01:33 AM
I think its fine except for 2 picks:
Darrell Hackney sucks. Sub in Croyle or Olsen.
Jabari Levy: He's a legit 3rd rd prospect who will move up with a good combine. Youre talking about a pass blocker that proved himself this season for spurrier and a very well spoken team oriented player on the field. Hes regarded as one of the leaders on the S Carolina offense.

fins5423
01-14-2006, 11:45 AM
what???????

your crazy

Jay Cutler is going to Miami!!!
end of story!

QB is our biggest need so why dont we try to fix it in the 1st round!?!?!?!

OrlandoFin
01-14-2006, 12:05 PM
He wont fall past the mid way point of round 2. If he wouldn't have gotten hurt many people have said he would have been the highest rated CB on the board

Dors156
01-14-2006, 01:30 PM
my moks in my sig.i wish that was how our first three rounds turned out to be

Jaj
01-14-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm hoping somehow Jimmy Williams is available at 16.

paskerbrandon
01-14-2006, 09:27 PM
There are only 2 picks I would change...

3rd Round - Omar Jacobs - QB- Bowling Green - People will be afraid to take him... They will say hes more of a WR than a QB... They will be wrong... Jacobs has GREAT accuracy and more than adequate arm strength... Hes very athletic with solid speed... Is VERY smart with the ball and makes very little mistakes... Will be our starting QB in '07... Will have a full year to learn the system...

4th Round - Richard Marshall - CB - Fresno State - He will fall... People will be sorry they didnt take him... He is a top 5-10 CB this year... Could eaisly go late in the 1st or early in the 2nd... He will go into the season as our #3 CB, behind Poole and our FA CB. Will be a great CB to develop... (I am obviously assuming we sign a FA CB. In the case that we do not, Marshall and Daniels will battle it out for the #2 spot, most likley behind Poole.)

CD13
01-15-2006, 08:48 PM

I would like to see the second round pick used on a tackle. Otherwise looks pretty good. Don't know Hackney real well though..

my 2 cents
01-15-2006, 08:58 PM
I would like to see the second round pick used on a tackle. Otherwise looks pretty good. Don't know Hackney real well though..

Hackney would be the UAB quarterback that resembles either a)the Pillsbury doughboy b) a sumo wrestler c) Jared before he found Subway or d) all of the above. He has an absolute cannon for an arm..he can "throw it through a barndoor" as they say...only problem is he cannot hit a barndoor at 10 paces. Rumor has it the US government was considering sending him to Afghanistan because they knew he could overthrow anyone including the Taliban.