PDA

View Full Version : Question on present iteration of Madden series

Agua
01-11-2006, 01:15 PM
I haven't purchased a Madden game in many, many years because the damned thing let teams you had down big time pull off the most miraculous plays and run backs to get back into the game. Does the newest version still do this crap?

mor911
01-11-2006, 01:50 PM
I haven't purchased a Madden game in many, many years because the damned thing let teams you had down big time pull off the most miraculous plays and run backs to get back into the game. Does the newest version still do this crap?
If your Defense insn't where they're supposed to be, yes. The PC will make big plays on you.

On All Madden, they will see trends in the D you choose and exploit it.

AquaInferno
01-11-2006, 02:42 PM

Yea the "****ing me over" ratio goes down with difficulty. It's high on all Madden, I crush all pro. I'm on all madden now and my poor rookie qb threw 15 picks in preseason alone. His cone is small, but the best of the rookies, and the cpu's coverage seems perfect, everyon has 2-3 defenders around em always. Play pro, or all pro, and tear em up. For a challenge play all Madden with it's insane AI.

Agua
01-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Yea the "****ing me over" ratio goes down with difficulty. It's high on all Madden, I crush all pro. I'm on all madden now and my poor rookie qb threw 15 picks in preseason alone. His cone is small, but the best of the rookies, and the cpu's coverage seems perfect, everyon has 2-3 defenders around em always. Play pro, or all pro, and tear em up. For a challenge play all Madden with it's insane AI.

Thanks. Can't stand a game that cheats.

Alex44
01-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Its not that bad

In All Madden on 06 im undefeated every year *Unless I play the Broncos....for some reason I always seem to lose to them*

I play 7 minute quarters on All Madden and usually win 55-30 or so *I usually have a really bad defense and amazing offense*

Just find plays offensivly and defensivly that work for you and its easy they wont come back I never blitz I play the same defense

4-3

Man Lock I think its called

Its the first play in the 4-3 defense all the way to the left

AquaInferno
01-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Its not that bad

In All Madden on 06 im undefeated every year *Unless I play the Broncos....for some reason I always seem to lose to them*

I play 7 minute quarters on All Madden and usually win 55-30 or so *I usually have a really bad defense and amazing offense*

Just find plays offensivly and defensivly that work for you and its easy they wont come back I never blitz I play the same defense

4-3

Man Lock I think its called

Its the first play in the 4-3 defense all the way to the left

If you played online like that, or me like that, you'd get crushed. I'm great D with decent offense. No one establishes a run against me, ever.

AquaInferno
01-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks. Can't stand a game that cheats.

Don't get me wrong it's not that bad, an occasional shady touchdown here and there where the RB will break 3 tackles thro the middle, and go all the way. Madden is the best football game series ever.

houtz
01-12-2006, 02:37 AM
I'd beg to differ aquainferno ;)

Slappy8800
01-12-2006, 02:39 AM
the Pass D AI sucks....my DBs always get beat for deep plays.....example...i beat GB 35-21..all 3 of their TDs came on 80+ yard TD throws...otherwise i shut them down....its just gay

JPhinfan86
01-19-2006, 04:03 AM
I haven't purchased a Madden game in many, many years because the damned thing let teams you had down big time pull off the most miraculous plays and run backs to get back into the game.
No change....ever.

Does the newest version still do this crap?
First of all, the "newest" version has been the EXACT same since madden 2001. The game hasn't changed substantially where it matters since it began the current gen run. The mechanics are still horribly flawed. Second - you're going to need to be way more specific with 'crap' because unfortunately this game is PACKED FULL of it. :roflmao:

JPhinfan86
01-19-2006, 04:05 AM
its just gay
Somehow this statement is both the understatement of the year AND dead on. :dunno:

JPhinfan86
01-19-2006, 04:06 AM
Madden is the best football game series ever.
That title belongs to the '2K' series.....EASILY.

dol_fan_81
01-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Its not that bad

:lol: for some reason i can never beat the ravens or jaguars

dol_fan_81
01-19-2006, 09:29 AM

:drinkers: i agree, but there will be no more 2k's :cry:

AquaInferno
01-19-2006, 11:20 AM

Madden's been around since 1989 and still goin strong. 2K's life was 2K - 2K5
Sure EA played a big part in it ending with 2K5, but at $20 the game STILL couldn't outsell Madden. So EA did Sega a favor and pulled their plug. Their announcers were boring, sure the announcers weren't as buggy with commentary but they were more boring than when Summerall was in Madden. Besides 2K5 did us a lot of unjust as the Phins, I played my friend in that game 2 times, the first time Peppers sacked me 15 times! 15! Talk about cheapness :shakeno: And I've played the 2K series since the days of Dreamcast.

Also the playbook in 2K5 sucked ***.. The plays were so garbage, and I couldn't make nearly as many presnap D adjustments that Madden lets me make, that has been their big addition since 2001.

mor911
01-19-2006, 11:52 AM
I have Madden 06, and I honestly feel that 2k5 was a stronger game. Sega was going the right direction with 2k. Madden has it's fans though... Just like anything else, Madden's fans choose blind loyalty to the brand instead of being open minded. Until 2k5 I've always been a Madden only kind of guy... But Sega did it right.

EA didn't do any favors. They felt threatened.

dol_fan_81
01-19-2006, 12:33 PM
I have Madden 06, and I honestly feel that 2k5 was a stronger game. Sega was going the right direction with 2k. Madden has it's fans though... Just like anything else, Madden's fans choose blind loyalty to the brand instead of being open minded. Until 2k5 I've always been a Madden only kind of guy... But Sega did it right.

i agree with all of that, madden was an already known brand so people purposely went out to buy the game because they knew what they were gonna get. trying a new game (like the 2K series was different to them so they just play madden (fair enough) i prefer the 2k series because i got it before any madden game. its a bit like the simpsons and futurama - because the simpsons was made first, it was the more succesful.

plus i love sega, SONIC RULES!

AquaInferno
01-19-2006, 02:46 PM

Like I said I've played many games of the 2K series, and all of the Maddens, I chose Madden because the fact 2K5 ****ed us with that line (I know they suck but one player should not get 15 sacks in 1 game, especially when I motioned blockers over to his side to block him) I weighed both games and picked Madden, not because I'm a fanboy but because I honestly enjoyed it way more. Also has anyone heard of Madden Challenge, it's $100,000 this year, Sega could never afford that.

mor911
01-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Like I said I've played many games of the 2K series, and all of the Maddens, I chose Madden because the fact 2K5 ****ed us with that line (I know they suck but one player should not get 15 sacks in 1 game, especially when I motioned blockers over to his side to block him) I weighed both games and picked Madden, not because I'm a fanboy but because I honestly enjoyed it way more. Also has anyone heard of Madden Challenge, it's $100,000 this year, Sega could never afford that.
Dude the list of cheap glitches went on for days in Madden 05. You can tire out an entire defense by simply changing formations 3 times before the snap. It was awful. I respect that you chose Madden, to each his own. But when you're a faceless coorperation that put advertisements in every frame you can fit one (good ol' EA) of course you can afford a measly $100,000 competion. Especially if giving $100,000 to one guy a year will sell your game (that's built on the same 5 year old engine) to another 5 million at $50.

My thing is this. Sega had the right idea releasing the sports titles at $20. Because sports titles are released every year, and they use the same engine every year, there's no reason a sports title should be $50. All they do is come up with some new feature (often refered to as this years gimmick) and update rosters and stats (which is simply a big spreadsheet). Sports titles (unless it's a first run of a new engine -- Next gen for example) should never be over $30.

AquaInferno
01-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Dude the list of cheap glitches went on for days in Madden 05. You can tire out an entire defense by simply changing formations 3 times before the snap. It was awful. I respect that you chose Madden, to each his own. But when you're a faceless coorperation that put advertisements in every frame you can fit one (good ol' EA) of course you can afford a measly $100,000 competion. Especially if giving $100,000 to one guy a year will sell your game (that's built on the same 5 year old engine) to another 5 million at $50.

My thing is this. Sega had the right idea releasing the sports titles at $20. Because sports titles are released every year, and they use the same engine every year, there's no reason a sports title should be $50. All they do is come up with some new feature (often refered to as this years gimmick) and update rosters and stats (which is simply a big spreadsheet). Sports titles (unless it's a first run of a new engine -- Next gen for example) should never be over $30.

Even Sega sold 2K4 for $50, the price drop for 2K5 was to sway people from Madden, it failed. Madden 2005 was glitch loaded, I play 2006 online all the time and do not get glitched. Yes there are bugs in Madden, if enough people were obsessed ith 2K5 they would dig up glitches for that. Tony Hawk comes out every year just about, it's a sports title for $50. So don't hate on EA for goin by industry standards, that's just being silly.

mor911
01-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Even Sega sold 2K4 for $50, the price drop for 2K5 was to sway people from Madden, it failed. Madden 2005 was glitch loaded, I play 2006 online all the time and do not get glitched. Yes there are bugs in Madden, if enough people were obsessed ith 2K5 they would dig up glitches for that. Tony Hawk comes out every year just about, it's a sports title for $50. So don't hate on EA for goin by industry standards, that's just being silly.
Wasn't knocking EA specifically. Sports titles in general shouldn't be $50. That's why I said Sega was goiung the right way with things.

There are plenty of people that were obsessed with 2K5. It had a huge fan following and many Madden faithfuls jumped ship. Maddens fanboy base obviosly was larger but I'd hardly call 2K5 a failure. Had it been a failure, EA would have no reason to purchase sole rights to make NFL games.

Again, they felt threatened. Smart move. I guess if you see someone finally creeping up on your sales (god forbid you actually have to step up the product) just eliminate the competition.

The truth is, 2K5 being as good as it was had to be the best thing for Madden fans. It setup a situation where EA had to deliver a 1st class product of this competitor (who was always a small fish in the NFL pool) will gain good ground in sales. It did. Instead of steppiong up their product and giving Madden fans a real reason to be Madden fans (besides the Madden challenge and loyalists to a brand name), they simply bought the rights to the NFL... Leaving them no reason to make a superior product.

Case in point -- If Sega was able to make NFL 2K6, they would have definitely made it for the 360 too right? Do you think the 360's fist Madden title would have been a $60 demo if there was competition. Hell no. EA released Madden 06 for the 360 with less features than Madden 2001 for the PS2. Why? Because what else will next gen gamers play if they wanna play football in 720p? Until next year, nothing.

Thank you EA. I'm a sucker to the system also. I (like mostly all of the 2K fans that have no choice) want to play an of-the-year NFL title... And sucked it up and gave EA another $50. More money to give the champion of Madden challenge I guess. :shakeno:

dol_fan_81
01-19-2006, 06:06 PM
i just can't play madden, i did buy 2005 for the xbox but it was all the same except running the ball was harder. i have given the game its chances but its just all the same and i dont like it. i have been told by my bro that the 360 version is a lot better and unlike the other maddens, but i still havn't played it. but i'm personally getting sick of seing the EA logo on every game in the shop (command and conquer - another victim of EA)

Metal Panda
01-19-2006, 09:47 PM
The only thing Madden trumped ESPN on was franchise mode, as the cap management was harder in ESPN, but the gameplay was LOADS better in ESPN.

dol_fan_81
01-20-2006, 11:01 AM
The only thing Madden trumped ESPN on was franchise mode, as the cap management was harder in ESPN, but the gameplay was LOADS better in ESPN.

totally agree, the ESPN franchise mode was really stupid, no matter how much you played your rookies, they always had a rating of 70-60.

PassRush
01-20-2006, 07:49 PM
The thing about All Madden is its like real football, if you have a lead late in the forth, BALL CONTROLL OFFENSE. If you keep passing, the AI will **** you over just to teach you a lesson. All Madden is tough, you really have to read the defense before the snap, more than just which side of the line is stacked and who is showing blitz; you really have to predict what the defense is trying to do. After the snap, the first thing I look at is the free safety, before anything else. If you can recognize the defensive patterns it is not hard to win All Madden