PDA

View Full Version : Has Shaq ever been dunked on??

Ottoevans
01-11-2006, 05:24 PM
has he ever been dunked on before in his career?

Caps
01-11-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm sure he has.

Ottoevans
01-11-2006, 05:31 PM
i thought that was a big thing, that hes never been dunked on, i dont know

QB2RonnieTD23
01-11-2006, 05:33 PM
yeah i've seen numerous people dunk right by him....if thats you're definition of dunked ON.

SuavePhin
01-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Im sure he's been dunked on, everyone has been at one point or another, though im sure a majority have been dunked by as in skittled around him ;)

QB2RonnieTD23
01-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Im sure he's been dunked on, everyone has been at one point or another, though im sure a majority have been dunked by as in skittled around him ;)

Patrick Ewing got dunked on all the time :lol:
But that still doesn't make up for the NO CALLS on him when he walked from the 3 point line, to the hoop without dribbling and scored.

Pink_Dove
01-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Shaq's been dunked on twice in his career.
He was victimized by Vince Carter and someone else who I can't remember.
This is straight from the horse's mouth.

dominizzo
01-11-2006, 07:48 PM

Vlade Divac did him in 1 time

SuavePhin
01-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Did Zo ever dunk on him? pre-injury he was a formidable center even though he was mainly a shot blocker

Muck
01-11-2006, 08:35 PM
I think it's a bigger deal when someone dunks on Zo.

As a mean player and great shotblocker, people relish the chance to dunk on him. And it don't happen often.

Fresh
01-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Shaq doesn't get dunked on because he moves out of the way. It's pathetic, but true.

Then again, if he goes up with the defender, whether or not contact is made...he's gonna get called for a foul anyways. He doesn't play for San Antonio or Detroit, so he doesn't get that advantage with the refs.

Ferretsquig
01-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Zo gets dunked on all the time b/c he tries to block everything. Vince posterized him 3 times in one game. It doesnt happen all that often with Shaq....he doesnt try all that hard on defense and not many are willing to challenge him anyways. I do remember Manu getting him once in the playoffs when he was with the Lakers.

Ottoevans
01-12-2006, 12:11 AM
i mean dunked on like Zo got dunked on this year, or how Yao Ming gets posterised. Ive seen people dunk around him

maninblack25
01-12-2006, 12:46 AM
yes when shaq was playing at orlando this guy dunked over him

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Section126
01-12-2006, 01:38 AM

That's funny because Vince Carter was on Cold Pizza this morning and said that the only guy he wants to dunk on but hasn't is Shaq....He said that they are good friends and that he would like to get one...but he said he is 0-4 so far...2 blocks...2 fouls.

Slappy8800
01-12-2006, 02:43 AM
Shaq doesn't get dunked on because he moves out of the way. It's pathetic, but true.

Then again, if he goes up with the defender, whether or not contact is made...he's gonna get called for a foul anyways. He doesn't play for San Antonio or Detroit, so he doesn't get that advantage with the refs.

you have to be kidding me...Shaq could rape someone and he wouldnt get called for a foul

Pink_Dove
01-12-2006, 03:07 AM
That's funny because Vince Carter was on Cold Pizza this morning and said that the only guy he wants to dunk on but hasn't is Shaq....He said that they are good friends and that he would like to get one...but he said he is 0-4 so far...2 blocks...2 fouls.

You're right...

I did a bit more research on the subject and found out a couple things...
First of all because 'getting dunked on' is not an official stat it's hard to know, except by word of mouth, who actually dunked on who.

Apparently Jordan was the first one to dunk on Shaq. I've read this on numerous message boards followed by Derrick Coleman...when Shaq was with Orlando. Hard to say these are accurate but they seem to be the 2 names that pop up the most.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/archive/index.php/t-52534.html
http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38074&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=4e99b995836bc547b1263edbdf5d27ea

The one I was specifically thinking about was, instead of VC, Amare Stoudamire who dunked on Shaq as a rookie. I've seen this on numerous MB's, and Athlon magazine confirms it...
http://www.athlonsports.com/articles/2771/?PHPSESSID=6a6672648040b9d3d3a016b8fdb87655)

Pink_Dove
01-12-2006, 03:11 AM
Also on the subject of dunking...

Real GM: Seattle Times - It's not official, but New York Knicks rookie Nate Robinson, the former Washington Husky, is expected to compete in the dunk contest in next month's All-Star Game in Houston. At 5-9, he would be the event's shortest competitor since Spud Webb won the title several years ago.

Slappy8800
01-12-2006, 03:40 AM
for the record i dunked on shaq as well

UCFinfan86
01-12-2006, 10:17 AM
you have to be kidding me...Shaq could rape someone and he wouldnt get called for a foul

ya, that is why he is always in foul trouble then right?

Section126
01-12-2006, 12:33 PM

AHHH...NO. But thanks for posting anyway....

Nobody in the league gets fewer calls than Shaq...he is fouled from the moment he steps on the floor....it must be a Miami Heat thing...but it's true.

nyjunc
01-13-2006, 02:22 PM
I think it's a bigger deal when someone dunks on Zo.

As a mean player and great shotblocker, people relish the chance to dunk on him. And it don't happen often.

it did happen 3-4 times by the Nets against Zo earlier this year.

I remember Shaq saying in an interview he has been dunkd on 3 times, I think he said carter, Jordan and I forget the 3rd.

Section126
01-13-2006, 06:12 PM
it did happen 3-4 times by the Nets against Zo earlier this year.

I remember Shaq saying in an interview he has been dunkd on 3 times, I think he said carter, Jordan and I forget the 3rd.

On 12 attempts...funny how when ZO makes Vince swallow tha basketball...nobody says anything..... :sidelol:

As for this Vince dunking on Shaq thing...I don't know where it comes from because Vince himself has said he never has.....

I will say this....

There is nobody in the league more capable of Dunking on everybody than Vince....He can hang in the air like only Jordan ever could....he also has a wide body...so when he takes off sideways (Like the dunk he got on ZO) he creates "space" to throw it down.

Samphin
01-13-2006, 07:14 PM
AHHH...NO. But thanks for posting anyway....

Nobody in the league gets fewer calls than Shaq...he is fouled from the moment he steps on the floor....it must be a Miami Heat thing...but it's true.

Please, it isn't a Heat thing. It is a Shaq thing. Nobody knows how to officiate the guy. Trust me, I used to pull my hair out when he was on the Lakers. The problem is, anyone else uses the same moves and makes the same amount of contact with anyone, and they can stand their ground. Shaq does the same thing but is so big that smaller players can't stand their ground which makes it look like Shaq is just brutalizing them when, in fact, he is just doing what everyone else is, if not less.

The other problem is when Shaq is getting hacked. He is so big and so strong that when someone hits him, they pretty much have to flagrant foul him in order to stop him. Refs are just horribly bad when reffing him. They are not consistant with him which frustrates the big guy. Hoenstly, I can see both sides. He does foul everyone almost every play, and he does get fouled dang near every time he goes to the hoop.

As for Shaq getting dunked on. There is a funny little video of when he was on the Lakers, in practice, and Kobe runs up from behind him, jumps over him and dunks. It doesn't really count because Shaq wasn't even looking and, it wasn't a game. Nonetheless it was funny.

nyjunc
01-14-2006, 07:38 AM
On 12 attempts...funny how when ZO makes Vince swallow tha basketball...nobody says anything..... :sidelol:

As for this Vince dunking on Shaq thing...I don't know where it comes from because Vince himself has said he never has.....

I will say this....

There is nobody in the league more capable of Dunking on everybody than Vince....He can hang in the air like only Jordan ever could....he also has a wide body...so when he takes off sideways (Like the dunk he got on ZO) he creates "space" to throw it down.

I don't remember the Zo rejections of Vince but i sure do remmebr Vince and RJ making him look silly all night long a few mos ago.

As for VC dunking on Shaq, I don't recall the play either but Shaw said it in an interview so I assume it happened.

Section126
01-14-2006, 10:22 PM
I don't remember the Zo rejections of Vince but i sure do remmebr Vince and RJ making him look silly all night long a few mos ago.

As for VC dunking on Shaq, I don't recall the play either but Shaw said it in an interview so I assume it happened.

HOW Convenient.............

AHH...there were two...one were he got a clean block and another where he blocked it and they called him for contact....the replay showed..............Hand meet Ball.

As for the Vince/Shaq dunk...It was on Cold Pizza and Vince said he has never dunked on shaq.......

nyjunc
01-15-2006, 08:20 AM
HOW Convenient.............

AHH...there were two...one were he got a clean block and another where he blocked it and they called him for contact....the replay showed..............Hand meet Ball.

As for the Vince/Shaq dunk...It was on Cold Pizza and Vince said he has never dunked on shaq.......

I'm just going bby what Shaq siad, apparently he and Vince have different interpretations of what getting dunked on means.

Amars
01-17-2006, 12:57 AM
I dont know if he's been dunked on but a rookie took his slow *** to school tonight.

King Felix
01-17-2006, 01:10 AM
travis outlaw

Section126
01-17-2006, 02:29 AM
I dont know if he's been dunked on but a rookie took his slow *** to school tonight.

WHO?

Section126
01-17-2006, 02:29 AM
travis outlaw

WHO?

TerryTate
01-17-2006, 02:31 AM

Yea, an amazing 2 point outburst from Andrew Bynum, who got maybe 4 minutes of PT, he was that amazing :rolleyes:

King Felix
01-17-2006, 02:31 AM
lol he hasnt but he could he can touch the top of the backboard