PDA

View Full Version : Sean Taylor spitting caught on video

burger13
01-11-2006, 10:51 PM
http://media.putfile.com/Taylor-edit29

This video clearly shows that Sean Taylor did spit in Pittman's face, and has the ref's mike'd so you can hear the entire call. On the Redskin board, they argue that ST spit downwards....but that's the spit dripping that hit his facemask.

The funny part is seeing the other Redskins' reaction to the call.....

#23 Washington: "but he (Pittman) threw the punch".
Ref: "yeah, after he spit in his face. what would you do?"

That was it, #23 turns around like....ohhh, I get it now. :lol:

Perfect23
01-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah and some fin fans want him on our team and by the way thats sweet you live in Lakewood i used to live like 10 mins away from that town when I lived in Brick township.

burger13
01-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Yeah and some fin fans want him on our team and by the way thats sweet you live in Lakewood i used to live like 10 mins away from that town when I lived in Brick township.

No doubt it's a complete scumbag thing to do, I think that he'll carry that stigma for quite some time.

That's cool you're from Brick, I'm actually only a mile from the Lakewood/Brick border.

Alex44
01-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Oh please the spit didnt even reach pittman

And pittman had no reason to throw the punch

Perfect23
01-11-2006, 11:18 PM
No doubt it's a complete scumbag thing to do, I think that he'll carry that stigma for quite some time.

That's cool you're from Brick, I'm actually only a mile from the Lakewood/Brick border.

have you ever been to Brick its a sweet town.

Perfect23
01-11-2006, 11:20 PM

And pittman had no reason to throw the punch\

What do you mean pittman had no reason to throw the punch your gonna tell me that your gonna be a little B---- and let him try to spit on you.

McDuffie81
01-11-2006, 11:23 PM

And pittman had no reason to throw the punch Watch it again. Pittman had no reason to throw the punch? Your absolutely crazy.

burger13
01-11-2006, 11:31 PM

not ALL of the spit reached Pittman.....what you see is SOME of the spit which hit ST's facemask, dripping down. i'm sure that some hit him.....even on Saturday, you could see that Pittman wipes his face after the incedent....some definately got him.

even still though, when it comes to the retaliation, is it much different if someone tries to spit on you or actually does....their intent is still the same, to disrespect you.

burger13
01-11-2006, 11:32 PM
have you ever been to Brick its a sweet town.

Of course, I'm right on Rt 70, so the main part of Brick is right down the road.

Alex44
01-11-2006, 11:35 PM
not ALL of the spit reached Pittman.....what you see is SOME of the spit which hit ST's facemask, dripping down. i'm sure that some hit him.....even on Saturday, you could see that Pittman wipes his face after the incedent....some definately got him.

even still though, when it comes to the retaliation, is it much different if someone tries to spit on you or actually does....their intent is still the same, to disrespect you.

Dont get me wrong spitting isnt cool, but neither his punching the guy

Im sure words were exchanged before taylor spit, so if you wanna use retaliztion as an excuse, you can say taylor spit in retaliation to what pittman said

Perfect23
01-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Of course, I'm right on Rt 70, so the main part of Brick is right down the road.

Thats sweet I cant wait till the summer im headed back there for like a week.

cnc66
01-11-2006, 11:40 PM

Im sure words were exchanged before taylor spit, so if you wanna use retaliztion as an excuse, you can say taylor spit in retaliation to what pittman said

no way do you justify spitting Alex.. not where I come from.

burger13
01-11-2006, 11:42 PM

There's a distinct line between verbal and physical. Spitting on someone is a physical act.....you can't rationalize that, no matter what Pittman might have said. Also, I'm sure every player in the NFL would agree that they'd have more respect for ST had he taken a swing, rather than spit.

burger13
01-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Thats sweet I cant wait till the summer im headed back there for like a week.

HAHA......you're gonna be a Bennie!!!! j/k.

Perfect23
01-11-2006, 11:49 PM
HAHA......you're gonna be a Bennie!!!! j/k.

Huh I forgot all about that word Bennie.

nopony
01-11-2006, 11:52 PM
First off... my respect for that ref is signifigant. He did absolutely the right thing. I love the part where the other official is
"are you sure you don't want to penalize the other guy, too?"
"Yes. i'm sure."
"Positive?"
(turns mic back on)
"The other guy will NOT be penalized!"

His subtext was great. "The dude SPIT on him. I might have penalized Pittman if he DIDN'T hit him for that. Fifteen yards for Unsportsmanlike Wussiness!"

Bravo, officials, seriously. You don't get enough credit when you make the right call in a tough situation and you got that one exactly right.

Your definition of "no reason" is so radically different from mine you might as well have been speaking Croation.

Nappy Roots
01-11-2006, 11:53 PM
no way do you justify spitting Alex.. not where I come from.

exactly. id rather be punched than spit on.

McDuffie81
01-11-2006, 11:54 PM

Im sure words were exchanged before taylor spit, so if you wanna use retaliztion as an excuse, you can say taylor spit in retaliation to what pittman said Why exactly do you seem sympothetic for ST? Its not the first time hes been in trouble. ST deserved ALOT more than having his helmet slapped from Pittman. Spitting on someones face is the ultimate display of outright disrespect. End of story...

burger13
01-11-2006, 11:57 PM
I might have penalized Pittman if he DIDN'T hit him for that. Fifteen yards for Unsportsmanlike Wussiness!"

:sidelol:

unifiedtheory
01-12-2006, 12:51 AM

Nothing Pittman could have said would justify spitting in his face.

In my opinion Pittman had every right to puch the guy in the face. In the opinion of the ENTIRE officiating crew, half of whom saw Pittman smack Taylor in the face, Pittman had the right to do it as well because none of them saw fit to throw a flag on Pittman.

You are disagreeing for the sake of disagreement...nothing new.

HysterikiLL
01-12-2006, 01:02 AM
I gotta say Pittman lost out here. He retaliates by throwing a punch at a solid helmet? Ahem, logic.

Nappy Roots
01-12-2006, 01:08 AM
I gotta say Pittman lost out here. He retaliates by throwing a punch at a solid helmet? Ahem, logic.

****, you see taylors head snap? it still rattles, incase youve never played football.

plus he hit him with a open hand anyways.

finfansince72
01-12-2006, 01:28 AM
That ref did exactly the right thing, glad to see some of them understand the 'intent' of the rules vs. by the book. Yea Pittman retailiated but so what, Taylor deserved it, you can't blame a person for going after someone that spit in their face.

Dolphin1184
01-12-2006, 02:35 AM
"Almost got me that would have been real bad" :lol: I hate to see what would have happened if that did happen.

Props to that Ref. The commentators were talking about how his crew is one of the better officiating crews in the NFL. Aparently its true.

BennyVW
01-12-2006, 01:13 PM

So if you fire 10 bullets at a person and only 2 hit, the guy is not entitled to fire back?

Agua
01-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Moulds did this crap all the time. I don't know if he ever got caught by a ref.

AquaInferno
01-12-2006, 02:35 PM
If Taylor had a problem with something Pittman said, he coulda leveled him out on the feild during a play to teach him his lesson. Instead he spits, gets smacked, and then ejected. S. Taylor's own stupidity.

Amars
01-12-2006, 02:46 PM
lol damn that was good video.

SCall13
01-12-2006, 02:58 PM
I guess that it's safe to say that Sean Taylor got OWNED!

CirclingWagons
01-12-2006, 05:59 PM
I guess that it's safe to say that Sean Taylor got OWNED!
not really...afterall it was HIS touchdown that provided the winning margin ;)

CirclingWagons
01-12-2006, 06:01 PM
it was a stupid, immature move on his part, and I'm sure he'll learn from it. But let's not make him out to be a chronic wife-beater, like some Tampa Bay running back I know...

Noodle Arm
01-12-2006, 07:09 PM
it was a stupid, immature move on his part, and I'm sure he'll learn from it. But let's not make him out to be a chronic wife-beater, like some Tampa Bay running back I know...

What?...he was just showing Taylor his pimp slap hand..that's all :evil: