PDA

View Full Version : John Madden?

DolFan707
01-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Come on! He was one of the worst coaches ever! Just because his video game is good doesn't mean he should be in the HOF. He is a terrible sports annoncer, and he repeats everything he says. He is a terrible sports annoncer, and he repeats everything he says. This is who I think will get in.
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/11/newsbullet-1.gif Michael Irvin (http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=246) - Wide Receiver - 1988-1999 Dallas Cowboys
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/11/newsbullet-1.gif Bob Kuechenberg (http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=247) - Guard - 1970-1984 Miami Dolphins (injured reserve - 1984)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/11/newsbullet-1.gif Warren Moon (http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=256) - Quarterback - 1984-1993 Houston Oilers, 1994-1996 Minnesota Vikings, 1997-1998 Seattle Seahawks, 1999-2000 Kansas City Chiefs
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/11/newsbullet-1.gif Thurman Thomas (http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=253) - Running Back - 1988-1999 Buffalo Bills, 2000 Miami Dolphins

Ronnie Bass
01-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Come on! He was one of the worst coaches ever!

He had a 103-32-7 record and won a Super Bowl. How on earth does that constitute him as one of the worst coaches ever???

DolFan707
01-11-2006, 11:34 PM
I never liked him because I was scared of him. If I were a Raider fan, I would think he was the best coach ever.

whatsburning
01-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Coach Madden was probably the most successful coach the Raiders ever had. In the 70's, he had the Raiders consistently in the playoffs, including a victory in SB 8 or 9. He was definitely a winner!

popularwar
He was a great coach! You think they would vote him in on name recognition alone?

Dolphins8423
He is annoying but I do think he was a good coach.

burger13
01-11-2006, 11:37 PM

that one statement alone...

wow!!

just wow!! :shakeno:

Jimmy James
01-11-2006, 11:39 PM
I am convinced that Michael Irvin won't make the HOF until or unless Art Monk makes it. The contingent keeping Monk out like Peter King have angered the Monk people enough and have chosen to push for Irvin, so I think there will either be a deal or neither of them will ever get in.

I'm rooting for Monk, Derrick Thomas, Kuechenberg, and Moon.

popularwar
01-11-2006, 11:42 PM
I am convinced that Michael Irvin won't make the HOF until or unless Art Monk makes it. The contingent keeping Monk out like Peter King have angered the Monk people enough and have chosen to push for Irvin, so I think there will either be a deal or neither of them will ever get in.

I'm rooting for Monk, Derrick Thomas, Kuechenberg, and Moon.
I think Aikman will get it though I don't want him to be in on the first ballot.

DolFan707
01-11-2006, 11:46 PM
The Miami Dolphins have 9 HOFers right now. If Thurman Thomas gets into the Hall he would be the first player in Miami Dolphins history that wasn't signifigant to the team.

pwn3dyo
01-11-2006, 11:47 PM
madden was a great coach.

IceStorm
01-11-2006, 11:53 PM
He had a 103-32-7 record and won a Super Bowl. How on earth does that constitute him as one of the worst coaches ever???

Nick...he's only 25 and doesn't remember seeing him as a coach. He only know what he see's on a video game.
Most of us know Madden before unleaded gas was a reality much less mindless console video games. lol

Dolphin39
01-11-2006, 11:54 PM
I love John Madden as an announcer! Maybe its just his personality or something. I very much respected him as a coach as well!

As far as Michael Irvin goes, I hope he never makes it to the HOF. :sidelol:

Thurman Thomas was an awesome running back for the Bills and is probably worthy to go into the HOF.

Warren Moon deserves to be in it. He was an excellent QB.

Kuch....well he's a Dolphin of course he deserves to be in the HOF.:dolphins:

kwh924
01-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Art Monk needs to FINALLY get in like he deserves. Especially over the scumbag Irvin.

popularwar
01-11-2006, 11:59 PM
The Miami Dolphins have 9 HOFers right now. If Thurman Thomas gets into the Hall he would be the first player in Miami Dolphins history that wasn't signifigant to the team.
He'd go in as a Bill, if anything.

Troysif
01-12-2006, 12:12 AM
He was a great coach, and he is a real good sports announcer, its just that he is getting old and doesnt remember things really well, i c that all the time with benny parson, if yall know who that is

phinfan_1
01-12-2006, 12:14 AM
I love John Madden as an announcer! Maybe its just his personality or something. I very much respected him as a coach as well!

As far as Michael Irvin goes, I hope he never makes it to the HOF. :sidelol:

Thurman Thomas was an awesome running back for the Bills and is probably worthy to go into the HOF.

Warren Moon deserves to be in it. He was an excellent QB.

Kuch....well he's a Dolphin of course he deserves to be in the HOF.:dolphins:

Yes Thurman was a great RB. I guess being a Dolphins fan let us see that :) He had many a good games against the fins.

NewEra8
01-12-2006, 12:23 AM
Madden is THE dumbest smartperson out there.... and yes he was a good coach haha

illscriptures
01-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Nick...he's only 25 and doesn't remember seeing him as a coach. He only know what he see's on a video game.
Most of us know Madden before unleaded gas was a reality much less mindless console video games. lol

Hey blame who you want for all the "Mularkey" going on here, but do not blame my video games or the Madden video game in particular because it is a great way to enjoy football in the off season. And its where I can relive the Dolphins going undefeated over and over again, with Ricky winning the MVP and some rookie QB winning the superbowl MVP... ohhh... good times.

RoninFin4
01-12-2006, 12:49 AM
Doesn't Madden have the all-time highest winning percentage?

Coral Reefer
01-12-2006, 12:52 AM

That only translates to worst coach ever on these boards.
We have some of the finest young minds in fandom! :lol:

Just another classic to add to the unbelievable!

Agent Mulder
01-12-2006, 02:01 AM
Come on! He was one of the worst coaches ever! Just because his video game is good doesn't mean he should be in the HOF. He is a terrible sports annoncer, and he repeats everything he says. He is a terrible sports annoncer, and he repeats everything he says.

Spoken like a true youngster with no knowledge of the history of football.

PhinsPhan
01-12-2006, 02:13 AM
John Madden benefited from one of the most gifted teams of all time. He got by on team skill alone, the fact he had such a short lived career should bring up those questions on whether he was a good coach or just coached a good team.

Agent Mulder
01-12-2006, 11:04 AM
John Madden benefited from one of the most gifted teams of all time. He got by on team skill alone, the fact he had such a short lived career should bring up those questions on whether he was a good coach or just coached a good team.

All coaches have to have gifted teams to win games genius.

IdahoPhin
01-12-2006, 11:36 AM

I thought that would be Wanny not Madden. I would rather have had Madden in his prime than Wanny.:)

painnotpleasure
01-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Worst coach? He happens to have the highest winning % of any coach in the history of the NFL, last time I checked.

HysterikiLL
01-13-2006, 07:06 AM
One of the best coaches of all time. I don't know how you can call him one of the worst ever.

The Samurai
01-13-2006, 09:03 AM
All coaches have to have gifted teams to win games genius.

No not really :rolleyes: Theres only been a few gifted teams in the NFL where the coaches had to do the complete minimum to win. The Cowboys ;JJ and Barry Switzer; The Buccaneers; J. Gruden, it was Dungy's team.

Then there are coaches that had everything to go to the big game but couldnt do it. Wannstedt - Dolphins, Steve Marriucci- Lions