PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Lendale White

DonShula84
11-28-2005, 03:14 AM
Doesnt sound good for USC. Im not sure they really need him to beat UCLA, but if he's out it certainly doesnt help them any. Im still trying to think if UCLA beats USC if that hurts NDs chances of getting the at large bid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2238850

SMadison29
11-28-2005, 03:19 AM
Doesnt sound good for USC. Im not sure they really need him to beat UCLA, but if he's out it certainly doesnt help them any. Im still trying to think if UCLA beats USC if that hurts NDs chances of getting the at large bid.

It probably would because that would put two Pac-10 teams in the BCS, though I'm not sure who would be Pac-10 champ because Oregon didn't play UCLA but lost to USC, USC beat Oregon but lose to UCLA, & UCLA beating USC but losing to Arizona.

If USC loses I'd venture to say that they'd still be in the BCS championship vs Texas, much like Oklahoma did a couple years back vs LSU.

PSUFinFan
11-28-2005, 03:45 AM
USC has already won the Pac-10, so even if they lose they are still BCS bound. Also there is no way that Notre Dame does not make a BCS bowl game at this point.

DonShula84
11-28-2005, 03:48 AM
USC has already won the Pac-10, so even if they lose they are still BCS bound. Also there is no way that Notre Dame does not make a BCS bowl game at this point.

I figure ND is a lock being that they would be the biggest draw. But part of me will worry about it until it is final. If UCLA wins they'd have to be a pick for one of the at large bids, if USC has indeed already won the Pac-10. That still leaves 1 spot, and I assume that'd go to ND over Oregon and Ohio St. I cant see 3 Pac-10 teams getting BCS bids, so Oregon would be done. And I think ND would get it over Ohio St.

SMadison29
11-30-2005, 02:36 AM
LenDale is fine. He will play vs UCLA this week.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-uscrep29nov29,1,4689005.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-coll-usc&ctrack=1&cset=true

Buddwalk
11-30-2005, 03:13 AM
last time lendale was injured and played was in the orange bowl last year against oklahoma...he had like 20 carries 110 yards and 2 tds

So you be the judge :lol:

Agent51
11-30-2005, 06:21 PM
last time lendale was injured and played was in the orange bowl last year against oklahoma...he had like 20 carries 110 yards and 2 tds

So you be the judge :lol:

Don't forget the time he quite the team and jumped off the roof :D

dominizzo
12-01-2005, 01:20 AM
I really think whom ever White goes to i say he will be a special back i say philly grabs him or Pittsburgh

unifiedtheory
01-10-2006, 03:28 AM
"A Packers source told The New York Post that the club is enamored with USC RB LenDale White and that he would not make it past G.B., which has the fifth pick in the draft."

Take it for what it's worth.

Slappy8800
01-10-2006, 03:40 AM
did he declare?

Motion
01-10-2006, 03:55 AM
Interesting, Packer friend of mine was telling me they were high on Hawk and Mario Williams.

finfansince72
01-10-2006, 04:50 AM
I thought White looked great in the rose bowl, he has the size and talent to be a great everydown back in the NFL. Not sure about the 5th pick but if they could trade down a bit and still get him that woudl be a quality draft for a team that needs a ton of talent.

byroan
01-10-2006, 04:51 AM
Makes sense.

dominizzo
01-10-2006, 05:04 AM
Lendale will have a freat CAreer i say Rhe Titans take him

Motion
01-10-2006, 05:11 AM
Lendale will have a freat CAreer i say Rhe Titans take him

Hope your not saying 3rd overall?? :eek:

@@@
01-10-2006, 05:29 AM
I'm not sure i'd take white ahead of deangelo williams

Motion
01-10-2006, 06:21 AM
I'm not sure i'd take white ahead of deangelo williams

Cedric Benson syndrome, afraid of that wear and tear.

Skeet84
01-10-2006, 06:58 AM
Lendale White is a great back and I think will be a great one in the NFL. But they could try down and get him and another pick.

The Confessor
01-10-2006, 07:09 AM
Lendale White is a great back and I think will be a great one in the NFL. But they could try down and get him and another pick.
:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:
Fifth is too high For Lendale. He would be a really nice mid first round pick for somebody.

sports24/7
01-10-2006, 12:59 PM
I don't see any way he goes ahead of DeAngelo Williams or Laurence Maroney. I like White alot, but those two are very good prospects. You never know though after workouts his stock could shoot up. I still doubt it though.

weisdolphins
01-10-2006, 01:26 PM
they should trade down and get another pick (with us) and pick him at the 16 spot

houtz
01-10-2006, 03:28 PM
they should trade down and get another pick (with us) and pick him at the 16 spot

sounds good to me.

Boomer
01-10-2006, 03:40 PM
I think he's going to be a great pro back, but heck, 4 is really high. Plus the lines are blurred as to whether he's declaring or not.

Regan21286
01-10-2006, 03:46 PM

If Leinart is still on the board by the 5th spot, I'd trade up with GB for him. We get our franchise QB, they get their Ahman Green replacement. 5th is a reach for both White and Cutler.

NJFINSFAN1
01-10-2006, 04:14 PM
If he declares, Eagles will take him.

RunningBackGuru
01-10-2006, 04:15 PM

Exacly. Not sure if he's 5th overall material.

Alex44
01-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Lendale will be a better RB than Reggie Bush mark my words

dominizzo
01-10-2006, 04:50 PM

wooow too bad KAstofna aint here hes ripp you a new Ahole

dominizzo
01-10-2006, 04:51 PM
If he declares, Eagles will take him.

either him Deangelo Williams LAurence MAroney or Brian Calhoun

Joneal7
01-10-2006, 04:58 PM

i honestly think the same thing

FinNasty
"A Packers source told The New York Post that the club is enamored with USC RB LenDale White and that he would not make it past G.B., which has the fifth pick in the draft."

Take it for what it's worth.

Not trying to kill the messenger... but that would be ret@rded...

DeAngello Williams will be the best RB in the draft...

Joneal7
wooow too bad KAstofna aint here hes ripp you a new Ahole

i havnt seen kast post for awhile..where has he been

finswin56
01-10-2006, 05:20 PM
IF White declares, his draft position will depend heavily on his combine, IMHO.
He's a great runner. If he puts up an impressive 40 time, I think he will sky rocket.

dominizzo
01-10-2006, 05:30 PM
IF White declares, his draft position will depend heavily on his combine, IMHO.
He's a great runner. If he puts up an impressive 40 time, I think he will sky rocket.

woow minnesota might be in for a surprise

Boomer
01-10-2006, 05:42 PM
I also think its odd that the paper involved claims that the Pack are after a player, despite not having a head coach.

FinNasty
01-10-2006, 05:53 PM
I also think its odd that the paper involved claims that the Pack are after a player, despite not having a head coach.

dont they still have a GM?

Boomer
01-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Yeah but thats not the point

ckparrothead
01-10-2006, 06:11 PM
It's not that odd. Heck, Seattle managed to get a bunch of personnel moves done while they were missing a GM.

umpalu
01-11-2006, 08:39 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2287645

where does everyone see him going? I am guessing not lower than the second round and maybe the first. Depending on the combine and such. I see him as a tough one to figure until that point.

Dolfan2788
01-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Apparently the Packers are really high on him.
He reminds me of Jerome Bettis in a way, but he also hits the hole very fast as most people would have seen against Texas near the goal line and other numerous times.
I don't see him getting out of the first round. If he REALLY drops then he will go to the Steelers but I would think that he would be gone by then.

FinaticalOne
01-11-2006, 08:44 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2287645

where does everyone see him going? I am guessing not lower than the second round and maybe the first. Depending on the combine and such. I see him as a tough one to figure until that point.

The Packers and Steelers are interested in him. If Green Bay doesn't take him, the Steelers will. He will go in the first round.

Philter25
01-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Im going to get hung for this post....

I really really like Lendale White. I hope he has a good combine. I see him as the type of back who might jump up on draft day. Because of his size and his running style, I think he actually MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT translate to the NFL better than Reggie Bush..... I wouldnt be suprised after both their 1st years in the NFL if White was more productive. Now Im not calling Bush a bust or anything, but I think White, because of his size and running style, might be more productive in the NFL. We usually dont see a back thats Reggie Bush's size with his running style succeed in the NFL that often so you never know. I think Bush is either going to be excellent or horrible. I dont think he will be in the middle. Either he will succeed, and if he succeeds, he will be incredible, or else he wont be able to dance and break those long runs in the NFL. I dont think there is any middle ground with Bush. I think there is a lot more middle ground with Lendale and because of his size, I think it will help him a lot.

Canadi-Phin
01-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Lendale White is going in the first and higher than I think anyone has predicted to this point.

Kucha
01-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Lendale White is going in the first and higher than I think anyone has predicted to this point.

He may even have a more productive overall career than Reggie Bush after all is said and done...I just don't think that R. Bush will be able to handle the NFL pounding long-term where as White will be doing the pounding.

Alex44
01-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Im going to get hung for this post....

I really really like Lendale White. I hope he has a good combine. I see him as the type of back who might jump up on draft day. Because of his size and his running style, I think he actually MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT translate to the NFL better than Reggie Bush..... I wouldnt be suprised after both their 1st years in the NFL if White was more productive. Now Im not calling Bush a bust or anything, but I think White, because of his size and running style, might be more productive in the NFL. We usually dont see a back thats Reggie Bush's size with his running style succeed in the NFL that often so you never know. I think Bush is either going to be excellent or horrible. I dont think he will be in the middle. Either he will succeed, and if he succeeds, he will be incredible, or else he wont be able to dance and break those long runs in the NFL. I dont think there is any middle ground with Bush. I think there is a lot more middle ground with Lendale and because of his size, I think it will help him a lot.

I think he WILL WILL WILL be a better back than reggie bush

houtz
01-11-2006, 11:56 AM
He's a lot more fit for the NFL. He's a big guy and he is a dang good runner. He showed everyone in the Rose Bowl how could of a back he could be. Packers may just reach for him with their first round pick.

Philter25
01-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Phew. I thought all the Reggie Bush fans were going to start throwing rocks at me.

I also think he is going to jump a few spots in the draft. If I was going to take ANY RB in the draft.... I think I would take White. I would take him over Bush, Maroney, and Williams.

I dont know if its a good move or not for Lendale to enter the draft. I think next year with a full year of being USC's starting RB, he might have been one of the top picks in the draft. However USC is losing talent so they wont be as strong next year as they were this year..... so there is pull in both directons for/against Lendale to enter the draft.

Boomer
01-11-2006, 12:26 PM
He'll go between 8 and 20.

The Patriots are another team who want him.

Kucha
01-11-2006, 12:48 PM

You think they are going to throw the towl on Dillon? I know he got injured this year but he began to play well again once he recovered...and as a time-share option, well they wouldn't form a flash/thunder type combo, IMO.

Philter25
01-11-2006, 02:02 PM

The Patriots are another team who want him. I will take it a step further than Boomer. Personally, I think he is going to be the 2nd RB taken in the draft behind Bush.

And if the Pats get him, it doesnt mean they are throwing the towel on Dillion. Dillion is what 31-32 years old? They are drafting Dillon's replacement. You use Lendale as your change of pace back and Dillon's backup for 2 years, at that time, Dillon is 32-34 years old and probably ready to call it quits and you have a fresh, slightly broken in back who knows your offense and got to watch for 2 years before jumping into a starting role.

IF Lendale even makes it to the Pats, I think he might be a steal at that spot that late in the 1st round.

TimeGap
01-11-2006, 02:40 PM
If the draft falls that way I say we trade down!!!!!

ckparrothead
01-11-2006, 02:46 PM

I think to the Packers at #5 is not out of the question. This is going to turn into another Ronnie Brown/Cadillac Williams thing. They went #2 and #5. I think Bush and White will go #3 and #5. I do see the Pack falling heavily in love with him and viewing him as the quickest way to get back in contention and to help out Aaron Rodgers. Ahman is pretty much a goner there.

fishypete
01-11-2006, 02:53 PM
I think to the Packers at #5 is not out of the question. This is going to turn into another Ronnie Brown/Cadillac Williams thing. They went #2 and #5. I think Bush and White will go #3 and #5. I do see the Pack falling heavily in love with him and viewing him as the quickest way to get back in contention and to help out Aaron Rodgers. Ahman is pretty much a goner there.

Makes sense CK....But what if they went OL first and then running back in the second round? There's some decent running backs that should be there early in the second round.

Philter25
01-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Makes sense CK....But what if they went OL first and then running back in the second round? There's some decent running backs that should be there early in the second round.

At #5, the only OL worth that high is Ferguson. If Ferguson is taken at #4, then the packers taking an OT at #5 would be a big reach as of right now.

Vertical Limit
01-11-2006, 03:11 PM
I hope he ends up as a Packer. Green Bay needs some help, and Ahman Green isn't getting any younger. His numbers have dropped every year.

Hopefully, Green Bay also takes Terrell Owens (Terrell Owens + Jevon Walker as the 1 and 2 receiver, sounds good to me). I want to see Brett Favre go out in a bang (that's if, Favre decides to comeback).

fishypete
01-11-2006, 03:18 PM
At #5, the only OL worth that high is Ferguson. If Ferguson is taken at #4, then the packers taking an OT at #5 would be a big reach as of right now.

I can agree with that to a point...the Packers have many needs....several on the O-line....receiver....and running back....and thats just obviously on the offensive side. I could see them trading back to a mid round team...and taking either a OT or OG. Gilles or McNeil should be available then....so should a couple receivers. Of course it's early yet and the players haven't settled in to their "real" spots in the draft.

Amars
01-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Top 15 pick I bet

unifiedtheory
01-11-2006, 09:08 PM
I think the Packers take him at #5...I don't see him getting past the Cardinals at #10.

I could see the Patriots making a play to move up and get him if...I hope they don't though.

Awsi Dooger
01-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Reggie Bush is, has been, and will be a superior player to Lendale White. Every once in a while a game developed where White's strengths were magnified and Reggie's were diminished and fans would whisper that Lendale would be the superior pro. A couple of friends of mine at USC would then email or call me laughing like hell.

Reggie Bush has very rare, once a decade, instincts and elusiveness in the Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders mode. Lendale White has a nice but not amazing combo of size, power and speed. It's true Reggie played a bit soft in the Rose Bowl taking everything to the outside. Before that the conventional wisdom was he had improved greatly as an inside runner this year.

Texas had been vulnerable to outside runs all year so IMO Reggie knew that and thought he could bust big plays around the flank. Other than one play Texas was megaprepared and walled him off.

I'm not overreacting to that. My focus is always long term superiority and blue chip status. Reggie Bush was surreal in the Army all star game on ESPN after his senior year in high school, and identical throughout college. Doubt his ability and he will prove you wrong in the end zone.

finfansince72
01-12-2006, 07:57 AM
White : 197att 1302yds 6.6avg 24tds rushing 14catches 219yds 2 tds

Bush: 200att 1740yds 8.7avg 16tds rushing 37catches 478yds 2 tds

I think their stats are interesting. Bush has a lot higher average yds per carry but White has more rushing tds. I guess it depends on what team takes White, if he goes to a team that gives him a decent amount of redzone chances and has a quality power oline he could have a better career.
I think the GB taking him at 5 is a little out there. White has good size and should be a solid pro but I dont think having a good half in the Rose Bowl makes him better than other guys in the draft. Im not sure if hes a workout, 40time stud if he is then he might jump alot but I think 5 is a stretch. If GB has him targeted they should trade down out of the top 10 and still get him plus extra picks.

Orlando
01-12-2006, 01:10 PM
white from usc might have just given us a better player at 16, does anyone think someone might take him before 16 moving a better player down to us?

PhinGeneral
01-12-2006, 01:13 PM
At this moment he's considered a late 1st round pick, so probably not.

DeathStar
01-12-2006, 01:15 PM
i think he goes top 15 cause i think he will be the better NFL back than bush.

Dol-Fan Dupree
01-12-2006, 01:17 PM
I read that he might be the first round pick for the Packers.

Dredd1050
01-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Don't count out the cards.

MiamiDolphins34
01-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Ive read the packers like him so hed move a player down.

Orlando
01-12-2006, 01:21 PM
i think that there are some teams that the closer the draft gets the more they might try to fill that void, up until his final atempt this guy was money in the bank

BLB13
01-12-2006, 01:21 PM
I read that he might be the first round pick for the Packers.

Do the Packers really need a RB? When everyone is healthy they have A. Green, N. Davenport and that new guy that filled in fine for them after the first two went down.

BlueFin
01-12-2006, 01:23 PM
If he doesn't help out the quality of our 1st round pick, he helps out our second rounder for sure.

Its nice having 2nd rounders again, thanks Nick for bringing them back.

ckparrothead
01-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Dookie Davenport isn't a first rate #1 runner and Ahman is Ahgone during the offseason because of his contract demands.

I also would not count out the Cardinals. It would be very Denny Green to draft the man who is represented by Snoop Doggy Dogg.

Nappy Roots
01-12-2006, 01:49 PM
I also would not count out the Cardinals. It would be very Denny Green to draft the man who is represented by Snoop Doggy Dogg.

is he really? :lol:

is Ricky still represented by Percy Miller AKA "Master P"? :sidelol:

ckparrothead
01-12-2006, 01:52 PM
is he really? :lol:

is Ricky still represented by Percy Miller AKA "Master P"? :sidelol:

Snoop and LenDale are pretty close. But, I wouldn't worry about LenDale ending up with the kind of deal that Master P negotiated for Ricky. Snoop will make sure he has plenty of HWD's to make sure White gets the best deal possible.

And no, Ricky is now represented by Leigh Steinberg.