PDA

View Full Version : the titans will not draft a QB so get off it!

eric-in-tx
01-12-2006, 05:50 PM
to all you out there in the mach draft world... Tennesee has billy Volek he is a good QB they wont draft another get off it... they have way too many needs for them to draft at a possition were they are fine.

Caps
01-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Volek is pretty good but he's also 30. Not the future. Maybe a good 3, 4, maybe even 5 year option, but not the future. If Vince Young is there when the Titans pick, I think he gets taken, especially because McNair will be begging them to. Look for Volek to possibly get traded if that happens.

RalphX19X
01-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Volek is pretty good but he's also 30. Not the future. Maybe a good 3, 4, maybe even 5 year option, but not the future. If Vince Young is there when the Titans pick, I think he gets taken, especially because McNair will be begging them to. Look for Volek to possibly get traded if that happens.
:yeahthat:

SMadison29
01-12-2006, 06:12 PM
to all you out there in the mach draft world... Tennesee has billy Volek he is a good QB they wont draft another get off it... they have way too many needs for them to draft at a possition were they are fine.

You're right, they have way too many needs but QB is one of them. With the 30+ year old McNair & Volek it would allow Fisher to sit Young for 2 years so he can learn how to play the pro game like he did with McNair. It would be a very good situation for all concerned.

fins5423
01-12-2006, 06:14 PM
dude your an idot! Volek is horrible. What has Billy Volek done to make him so good? hes only played in like 5 or 6 games. If he was good then the Titans would be starting him. Who would you rather have Volek or Leinart?
Volek or Vince Young?

case closed.

Mod Edit: Personal attacks are not allowed. Please take this time to read the TOS. The next attack will get you time off.

PhinSoldia
01-12-2006, 07:52 PM
dude your an idot! Volek is horrible. What has Billy Volek done to make him so good? hes only played in like 5 or 6 games. If he was good then the Titans would be starting him. Who would you rather have Volek or Leinart?
Volek or Vince Young?

case closed.

have you seen Billy Volek Play sir?

sports24/7
01-12-2006, 08:02 PM
This is something I have been thinking about. Everyone has the Titans penciled in to take whichever QB is left from Lienart or Young, but if it is true they are bringing McNair back and also have Volek signed for a while I don't see them taking a QB when they have more needs than almost every team in football. This thought of them taking a QB may just be a product of people moving QBs up to the top of the draft like they do every year (Big Ben/Aaron Rogers). Either way I hope they don't because it just would help our chances of landing a QB.

TotoreMexico
01-12-2006, 10:17 PM

:link:

Retnuhrace
01-12-2006, 10:33 PM

I'm saving this quote, and can't wait to re-post it after the Titans take Leinart/Young.

dlockz
01-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Volek or Vince Young?

case closed.

Mod Edit: Personal attacks are not allowed. Please take this time to read the TOS. The next attack will get you time off.

If you are a Dolphin fan I'm not sure we are qualified to talk good qb play, its been six years since we had a QB.

NorFlaFin
01-13-2006, 09:07 AM
Norm Chow is the OC in Tenn, Norm was also Phil Rivers OC at NCST. The Titans are most likely to trade.

CD13
01-13-2006, 09:38 AM

Don't agree. If they believe the QB left after NO is the best player available they will draft him. It is too hard to find a QB. We have like 15 good ones in the league.

Teenwolf
01-13-2006, 09:42 AM
They will take Young - no doubt in my mind!

Finfanforever
01-13-2006, 10:00 AM

Even though I think Young has a long way to being an NFL QB, He still has wwwwaaayyyy too much talent for Tenn. to pass on him. Therefore...THEY WON'T!

Finfanforever
01-13-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm saving this quote, and can't wait to re-post it after the Titans take Leinart/Young.

Yeah, I'm saving a lot too...especially from Fishypete!!! :sidelol:

Danny
01-13-2006, 11:48 AM
What difference does it make if TENN take a QB or not? Young and ;einart will be gone and even Cutler's probably gone too before 16.I'm think LB,LT or a trade down.If we move down then we could take a safety like Landry and then get an extra pick which we could use to plug another hole.

Ozzy rules!!

Finfanforever
01-13-2006, 12:12 PM
What difference does it make if TENN take a QB or not? Young and ;einart will be gone and even Cutler's probably gone too before 16.I'm think LB,LT or a trade down.If we move down then we could take a safety like Landry and then get an extra pick which we could use to plug another hole.

Ozzy rules!!

We have a lllooonnnggg way to go but I still think Cutler will slide to us. There is just too much talent at other positions in this draft for him not to. We shall see...

eric-in-tx
01-13-2006, 12:43 PM
volek is a good QB who is not old

he is 29 folks... he has at least 5 years left in him
yr games com% td int rat
03... 7 ....63% ...4 .1 .101
04 ...10 ...61% ..18 10 .87
05 ....6.... 57% ...4 ..2 .77

now the titans are a crapy team with many needs... if the offensive line over there wasnt sooo offensive or if they had a runningback who could stay healthy or if they had any recievers or if thier D was good enough to get keep them from being behind...

look im sorry volek is good.. .i remember in 03 when the team around him was better and he stepped in for mcnair that he was a hot commodity but the titans wouldnt let him on the market.