PDA

View Full Version : Palmer's Knee

feelthepain
01-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Ouch this would be a huge loss for the Bungles!! Sad if true.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2290239

UGAxFIN
01-12-2006, 10:53 PM
that would be ridiculus, i cant believe that its career ending....

dlockz
01-12-2006, 10:55 PM
that would be ridiculus, i cant believe that its career ending....

Anything is possible and it happens every year.

Nappy Roots
01-12-2006, 10:56 PM
people are blowing this way out of proportion.

It can and has ended careers, without a doubt

bottom line is it has in the past with people that dont give a damn and down work hard to come back.

Paulos was able to repair the knee without removing pieces of cartilage or soft tissue, a good sign.

"The things that were torn could be repaired," he said. "They were not torn beyond repair. So he's got all his parts in there, which is good. We're optimistic, actually."

If rehabilitation goes well, Palmer could be running in a couple months and might be able to play in the first regular-season game, Paulos said. The 2006 schedule hasn't been set.

palmer will be fine.

finfan32
01-12-2006, 11:00 PM
i also just heard today that because of drew bres's injury, the chargers will retain rivers.

dlockz
01-12-2006, 11:03 PM
You can work hard as you want but sometimes you never are the same after an injury, just ask 5 time pro bowler John Offerdahl or three time Pro Bowler Billy Sims.

Joneal7
01-12-2006, 11:04 PM
our qb is in this draft...either Cutler, Jacobs, Vick, Pinegar, Hackney is fine with me

vinivedivichi
01-12-2006, 11:05 PM
This is much ado about nothing. For a RB it could be career ending, but Palmer will be fine. He may turn into the second coming (mobility wise) of Dan Marino, but as long as his arm is fine he'll be an elite quarterback.

BrazForPhins
01-12-2006, 11:05 PM
thats horrible if it's season ending
god, hope he recovers..right after his best year

tucker
01-12-2006, 11:07 PM
brees's injury is more serious that palmer's imo

01-12-2006, 11:12 PM
that's way too bad....

feelthepain
01-12-2006, 11:12 PM
I also heard, at halftime Chad Johnson got into it with the WR coach and it ended with Chad taking a swing at Marv Lewis!! I then heard one of the guys on ESPN say Chad Lewis is another TO in the making, because of the talking before games, TD celebrations and now fighting within the team and hay makers being thrown. Sounds like some bad luck ended their season Marv Lewis better get control quick or that situation could get ugly fast. Chad Looked like he was gonna cry on the sidelines last weekend IMO.

Nappy Roots
01-12-2006, 11:14 PM
I also heard, at halftime Chad Johnson got into it with the WR coach and it ended with Chad taking a swing at Marv Lewis!! I then heard one of the guys on ESPN say Chad Lewis is another TO in the making, because of the talking before games, TD celebrations and now fighting within the team and hay makers being thrown. Sounds like some bad luck ended their season Marv Lewis better get control quick or that situation could get ugly fast. Chad Looked like he was gonna cry on the sidelines last weekend.

yea no one knows that for a fact. everyone is denying it. i doubt they would deny it if he took a swing at the head coach.

PhinsPhan
01-12-2006, 11:17 PM
The thing is it is not just bad for the Bengals but the NFL. As of right now the NFL is terrible at QB. It is actually quite pathetic. I thought this would be the year that we start to see improvements. With young ones such as Vick, Carr, Harrington, Grossman finally having breakout years. But they are still just as bad if not worse in many cases. I am not calling them busts but it is just disappointing.

There were only a handful of good QBs in the NFL and with Pennington, Culpepper and Palmer all getting serious injuries that number could get worse. I don't think Palmers injury is going to be serious but if it is that woudl be bad.

Metal Panda
01-12-2006, 11:19 PM
people are blowing this way out of proportion.

bottom line is it has in the past with people that dont give a damn and down work hard to come back.

palmer will be fine.

I wouldn't be overconfident about the final point, but I agree with your overall point--the article was somewhat sensationalist in tone and some are distorting it's negativity a little bit.

Palmer will likely have King Kong sized braces on his legs according to the article too

feelthepain
01-12-2006, 11:20 PM
yea no one knows that for a fact. everyone is denying it. i doubt they would deny it if he took a swing at the head coach.

I also heard Boomer Esiason say that it "did" happen and he has more inside info then most. It's not like the Chad Johnson thing is something that doesn't happen from time to time, emmotions are high and Chad wants to win, Bad!! I will say this, Chad and TO have a lot more in common then the above mentioned, they are also very, very ,very serious about being on a winning team and they are both very pasionate about it. The more you think about it, the more you see how alike they are.

Metal Panda
01-12-2006, 11:21 PM
The thing is it is not just bad for the Bengals but the NFL. As of right now the NFL is terrible at QB. It is actually quite pathetic. I thought this would be the year that we start to see improvements. With young ones such as Vick, Carr, Harrington, Grossman finally having breakout years. But they are still just as bad if not worse in many cases. I am not calling them busts but it is just disappointing.

There were only a handful of good QBs in the NFL and with Pennington, Culpepper and Palmer all getting serious injuries that number could get worse. I don't think Palmers injury is going to be serious but if it is that woudl be bad.

I refuse to believe that the QB position is any worse than it's ever been. The majority of quarterbacks in the league are always mediocre to bad. In 1985 half of the team's leading quarterbacks had passer ratings under 75 and many of them went through 2-3 through the year.

Moreso, the main reason this year was so bad was due to injuries. Look at QB performance last year. It was insane how many QBs put up inflated numbers.

MiamiDolphins34
01-12-2006, 11:25 PM
I also heard, at halftime Chad Johnson got into it with the WR coach and it ended with Chad taking a swing at Marv Lewis!! I then heard one of the guys on ESPN say Chad Lewis is another TO in the making, because of the talking before games, TD celebrations and now fighting within the team and hay makers being thrown. Sounds like some bad luck ended their season Marv Lewis better get control quick or that situation could get ugly fast. Chad Looked like he was gonna cry on the sidelines last weekend IMO.

Chad Johnson to Miami?Hmm :D

dlockz
01-12-2006, 11:27 PM
I wouldn't be overconfident about the final point, but I agree with your overall point--the article was somewhat sensationalist in tone and some are distorting it's negativity a little bit.

Palmer will likely have King Kong sized braces on his legs according to the article too

Its rare but it happens, Lomax went down with Arizona and never saw the field again.

CashInFist
01-12-2006, 11:42 PM
Ouch this would be a huge loss for the Bungles!! Sad if true.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2290239

I don't think the doctor would have mentioned so obviously that it could end Carson Palmer's career if he didn't think there was a good posibility that he may never play at a high level again. I think this injury could very easily cause the end of Palmer's career. Very sad indeed. :(

Metal Panda
01-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Its rare but it happens, Lomax went down with Arizona and never saw the field again.

I'm not stating it won't happen....Palmer faces a tough road ahead.

But the article wasn't just glum news, it was mostly stating Palmer has a tougher road ahead than first thought.

Metal Panda
01-12-2006, 11:48 PM
I don't think the doctor would have mentioned so obviously that it could end Carson Palmer's career if he didn't think there was a good posibility that he may never play at a high level again. I think this injury could very easily cause the end of Palmer's career. Very sad indeed. :(

the doctor actually said the injury HAD ended careers before but that he expects Palmer back in July and that he believes Carson will overcome this setback

Awsi Dooger
01-12-2006, 11:52 PM
You can work hard as you want but sometimes you never are the same after an injury, just ask 5 time pro bowler John Offerdahl or three time Pro Bowler Billy Sims.

Those are great examples and tons more. The best RB I ever saw was Marcus Dupree as a freshman at Oklahoma. He was so awesome no one dared compare Bo Jackson to Dupree even though Jackson was a freshman and a star in the same season. Dupree was considered the Heisman favorite as a sophomore, unprecedented.

Dupree left school before that season then had a devastating knee injury in the USFL. The insurance companies paid Dupree's claim quickly and one representative said they had no problem doing it because Dupree worked his butt off, just the injury was so severe it was impossible to recover from. Maybe 6 years later Walter Payton convinced Dupree to try a comeback and he did play for the Rams for maybe two years, but it was sad to watch because you could see the instincts were still there, just his leg wouldn't do what his mind wanted it to do.

PressCoverage
01-13-2006, 02:21 AM
yup... i remember that highlight, ... he was playing for the Boston Breakers... and yes, he was a stud coming out of college... a real train, with nifty feet...

Best running back I ever saw who got cut short because of a knee:

William Andrews, Falcons... early 80s... He was Faulk before Faulk was Faulk...