PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Ron Artest To Clippers

Prime
01-12-2006, 11:21 PM
It just popped up on ESPNews. Don't know who the Pacers got in return, but I will share that with you when I hear more.

tucker
01-12-2006, 11:27 PM
just heard that walsh denied this as rumor..and isnt corey maggete injured?

dolphinfan2k5
01-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Better be for something good.

wazzy
01-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Is it true or not I don't see ****!

Prime
01-12-2006, 11:31 PM
just heard that walsh denied this as rumor..and isnt corey maggete injured?

Been around and reading different message boards and they said that the trade is on hold. The reason for that is Maggete is infact injured. So this trade will either take awhile to complete or the trade will be dead.

The Confessor
01-12-2006, 11:32 PM
I do believe it was for Magette

tucker
01-12-2006, 11:33 PM
it was for magette and is now dead..

http://aol.nba.com/pacers/daily_confidential.html

Prime
01-12-2006, 11:35 PM
it was for magette and is now dead..

http://aol.nba.com/pacers/daily_confidential.html

ESPNews just took it off, so the trade does look dead now.

SMadison29
01-13-2006, 12:12 AM
The Lakers need to somehow pull this trade off without giving up Odom.

Section126
01-13-2006, 01:29 AM

How the hell are they gonna do that? Put a gun to larry Birds head and threaten to burn down the conseco field house?

JTBRLZ
01-13-2006, 02:11 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2290451

Yup it's done with. Concern with Maggette's injury history.

Majpain
01-13-2006, 06:29 PM
its not happening.

Samphin
01-13-2006, 07:02 PM
How the hell are they gonna do that? Put a gun to larry Birds head and threaten to burn down the conseco field house?

Yeah, as a Lakers fan, I want to somehow get Artest without giving up Odom, but I don't see it happening either. He was at the game last night though ( probably to meet with Clippers management ).

The only thing I could see that MIGHT work is that L.A. has a ton of draft picks and expiring contracts. If Indiana cannot find equal value for Artest talent wise, perhaps a combo of draft picks and cap space next year would entice them. I am sure Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm and/or Andrew Bynum would have to be involved ( preferrably not Bynum from my standpoint ).

L.A. gets:
Artest
Scot Pollard

Indiana gets:
#1 draft pick

Slava Medvedenko ( expiring contract )
Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm

I haven't taken into account the contracts/salary cap as I am just brainstorming. Looking at that deal, I doubt I would do it if I was the Pacers either.

For me though, Kobe, Lamar, Luke Walton and Andrew Bynum are borderline untouchables right now. With L.A. getting Ronny Turiaf back this week as well, I doubt they make any big deals since Ronny will really shore up the rebounding once he gets all the way back in shape.

I still think the Warriors can offer the most back to Indiana and given Mullin's relationship with Walsh, they may still be able to pull something off.

DonShula84
01-14-2006, 12:16 AM

Why not give up Odom, he doesnt do squat. Atleast Artests defense would help and he'd contribute atleast as much as a scorer/rebounder as Odom does. Odom has a lot of potential, but other than 1 year in Miami he hasnt lived up to it imo

finfansince72
01-14-2006, 12:42 AM
Yeah, as a Lakers fan, I want to somehow get Artest without giving up Odom, but I don't see it happening either. He was at the game last night though ( probably to meet with Clippers management ).

The only thing I could see that MIGHT work is that L.A. has a ton of draft picks and expiring contracts. If Indiana cannot find equal value for Artest talent wise, perhaps a combo of draft picks and cap space next year would entice them. I am sure Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm and/or Andrew Bynum would have to be involved ( preferrably not Bynum from my standpoint ).

L.A. gets:
Artest
Scot Pollard

Indiana gets:
#1 draft pick

Slava Medvedenko ( expiring contract )
Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm

I haven't taken into account the contracts/salary cap as I am just brainstorming. Looking at that deal, I doubt I would do it if I was the Pacers either.

For me though, Kobe, Lamar, Luke Walton and Andrew Bynum are borderline untouchables right now. With L.A. getting Ronny Turiaf back this week as well, I doubt they make any big deals since Ronny will really shore up the rebounding once he gets all the way back in shape.

I still think the Warriors can offer the most back to Indiana and given Mullin's relationship with Walsh, they may still be able to pull something off.

:lol: Giving up on Kwame already? Being a wiz fan I know how that feels. I was surprised we got Butler for him and that the Lakers gave him a decent contract.
Really Odom is the guy that will have to move, I can't see Indiana being interested in these other guys.

K-train
01-14-2006, 01:05 AM
Why not give up Odom, he doesnt do squat. Atleast Artests defense would help and he'd contribute atleast as much as a scorer/rebounder as Odom does. Odom has a lot of potential, but other than 1 year in Miami he hasnt lived up to it imo

He's a solid contributor to the team, plus he's a good passer. The triangle offense let's the small forward bring up the ball, so that is why Odom is there.

Jaj
01-14-2006, 03:17 AM
Odom<Artest, simple as that. If it takes Odom I'd still do it, although it hurts the Lakers rebounding.

Samphin
01-14-2006, 04:52 AM
:lol: Giving up on Kwame already? Being a wiz fan I know how that feels. I was surprised we got Butler for him and that the Lakers gave him a decent contract.
Really Odom is the guy that will have to move, I can't see Indiana being interested in these other guys.

I think Kwame has always been means to an end. Basically, L.A. had a plan to have a lot of cap space in two years. That was the year Amare, Yao and others were to be free agents. They couldn't keep Caron and pay him as it would have busted their plan. trading him for a big man man like Kwame who was still young and may still tap his potential was a low risk, high reward proposition. Kwame's contract roles off the books at the right time too. However, all those "prized" free agents that Jackson and co. targeted have resigned with their clubs already. Now, it seems were are looking at Chris Bosh from afar. Some have pipe dreams for LeBron but I am not that optimistic.

Trading for Artest would basically mean plans have been scrapped for the original "plan" and plans to win now with this unit is plan B. That will never happen however.

finfansince72
01-14-2006, 06:48 AM
I think Kwame has always been means to an end. Basically, L.A. had a plan to have a lot of cap space in two years. That was the year Amare, Yao and others were to be free agents. They couldn't keep Caron and pay him as it would have busted their plan. trading him for a big man man like Kwame who was still young and may still tap his potential was a low risk, high reward proposition. Kwame's contract roles off the books at the right time too. However, all those "prized" free agents that Jackson and co. targeted have resigned with their clubs already. Now, it seems were are looking at Chris Bosh from afar. Some have pipe dreams for LeBron but I am not that optimistic.

Trading for Artest would basically mean plans have been scrapped for the original "plan" and plans to win now with this unit is plan B. That will never happen however.

I think planning for some capspace is wise but you dont get rid of good players for caproom when there are no bigtime players to sign. LeBron will resign with Cleveland, Bosh? Maybe that might happen he has to want out of Toronto.

Samphin
01-14-2006, 01:10 PM
I think planning for some capspace is wise but you dont get rid of good players for caproom when there are no bigtime players to sign. LeBron will resign with Cleveland, Bosh? Maybe that might happen he has to want out of Toronto.

EVERYONE wants out of Toronto. :sidelol: The thing is, L.A. really doesn't have to get rid of a lot of "good" players. Kwame certainly doesn't fit that definition. Neither does Medvedenko, Aaron McKie, Devin Green, or Chris Mihm ( although I like Mihm and wish he was more consistant ). The really only "good" players L.A. has is Kobe and Lamar, and Lamar can't seem to put his whole game together yet.

Now, I like Andrew Bynum a lot. At 18, he can already play with his back to the hoop and be comfortable. He blocks shots with ease and is working with Kareem to help bring his offensive game along. If he develops as I think he will, L.A. won't need to look elsewhere for their big man. A trio of Kobe, Bynum and Lamar would be swell and leaves L.A. to basically find a point guard that can shoot ( since Lamar is basically brining the ball up himself ).

I wouldn't be so sure that LeBron resigns with Cleveland. If they continue to not make the playoffs in the weaker East, he could very well bolt for greener pastures.

King Felix
01-16-2006, 03:28 AM
it doesnt matter who u get kobe is still taking 50% of the shots and they willstart losing and wont make playoffs............BLAZERS 3 GAME STREAK WENT TOT HE GAME TONIGHT AGAINST LEBRON AND WE PULLED IT OFF.........by the way the first game was the LAKERS!!!!!

finfansince72
01-16-2006, 03:57 AM
EVERYONE wants out of Toronto. :sidelol: The thing is, L.A. really doesn't have to get rid of a lot of "good" players. Kwame certainly doesn't fit that definition. Neither does Medvedenko, Aaron McKie, Devin Green, or Chris Mihm ( although I like Mihm and wish he was more consistant ). The really only "good" players L.A. has is Kobe and Lamar, and Lamar can't seem to put his whole game together yet.

Now, I like Andrew Bynum a lot. At 18, he can already play with his back to the hoop and be comfortable. He blocks shots with ease and is working with Kareem to help bring his offensive game along. If he develops as I think he will, L.A. won't need to look elsewhere for their big man. A trio of Kobe, Bynum and Lamar would be swell and leaves L.A. to basically find a point guard that can shoot ( since Lamar is basically brining the ball up himself ).

I wouldn't be so sure that LeBron resigns with Cleveland. If they continue to not make the playoffs in the weaker East, he could very well bolt for greener pastures.

Has Kwame learned how to catch the ball in the post yet? I cannot count the number of times he dropped passes or rebounds when he was with the Wizards. He just could not catch the ball, it was embarrassing to watch. Hes a frustrating player, he has the size and athelticism to be great but his brain is the size of a peanut and his hands are all thumbs. Hes mentally weak.

Amars
01-17-2006, 12:55 AM
Pacers dont want Odom they want Andrew Binon. But Hell no do the lakers give up on Binon.

Jaj
01-17-2006, 04:05 AM
Pacers dont want Odom they want Andrew Binon. But Hell no do the lakers give up on Binon.

Binon? Who's that...

Anyway, the bigger issue is if Billups is available in 07 because if he is, I GUARANTEE THE LAKERS will sign him with their cap room. He's the perfect PG in the triangle bar none.

WestCKoastiN
12-29-2006, 01:41 AM
Artest to Lakers would be a dream!

RWhitney014
12-29-2006, 02:07 AM
You looked up, found, and posted on a year-old thread to say you wanted Artest on the Lakers? Wow.

dominizzo
12-29-2006, 02:45 AM
Binon? Who's that...

Anyway, the bigger issue is if Billups is available in 07 because if he is, I GUARANTEE THE LAKERS will sign him with their cap room. He's the perfect PG in the triangle bar none.

Its Bynum!! Amars must be tired,,,,,

dominizzo
12-29-2006, 02:45 AM
That would be a good trade for both teams

DonShula84
12-29-2006, 03:13 AM
I'm confused on what is happening here lol

Fresh
12-29-2006, 03:21 AM
I'm confused on what is happening here lol

ESPN News pulled their own trigger as usual earlier, with a report stating that the Clippers have acquired Ron Artest, assuming for Corey Maggette.

Wasn't true. :cooldude:

DonShula84
12-29-2006, 03:28 AM
ESPN News pulled their own trigger as usual earlier, with a report stating that the Clippers have acquired Ron Artest, assuming for Corey Maggette.

Wasn't true. :cooldude:

Perhaps it's just because I've been drinking tonight but didnt this thread start almost a year ago when Artest was being traded from the Pacers? This didnt just happen right? I know the Clippers are trying to trade Maggette and are interested in getting Artest from the Kings though but I dont think this thread is about that lol.

HysterikiLL
12-29-2006, 05:26 AM
i'm so confused

tucker
12-29-2006, 10:56 AM
he bumped an old thread to say he wants artest in LA since there are rumors saying the the kings want to trade him..seems pretty simple to understand