PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Draft.Who do you want?

Bartowboy
01-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Who would you like to see Miami to pick this season?

mia4ever
01-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Jimmy Williams the CB for VT.

but I doubt he 'will be there 16
maybe we can spread some bad rumor about him.

Pocoloco
01-14-2006, 06:04 PM
as for the first round, it's a no-brainer. here's what I think the public's opinion is on this site
1) Look for Cutler first (maybe even trade up a couple spots for him)
2) then look for Michael Huff

3) if neither are available, trade down a few spots

If you don't believe me, just do a poll.
After that, I think more than a few people would want the BPA at OT, DB and LB respectively.

TimeGap
01-14-2006, 06:08 PM
I would love to see us get either of these three in the first round

1. Jay Cutler QB
2. Michael Huff CB/ S
3. Chad Greenway LB

If non of those guy's are there I say we trade down.

HysterikiLL
01-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Michael Huff
Jonathan Scott
DeMeco Ryans
Chad Greenway

Dors156
01-14-2006, 06:28 PM
in the sig

Dors156
01-14-2006, 06:28 PM
huff reminds me alot of ed reed:D

ILPhinFan88
01-14-2006, 06:55 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

DolphinsRising
01-14-2006, 07:57 PM
So many choices...Greenway, Scott, Holmes, Cutler in no particular order

It'll Happen11
01-14-2006, 08:18 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Whats the reason behind your sig?....Thanks to Title Nine, college wrestling prgrams hardly exsist.

fishypete
01-14-2006, 08:27 PM
While it's not important what I want for the Dolphins....I believe Saban will draft a linebacker...unless a very special player falls into his lap. As far as my "wish" player....either Holmes or Orr would be nice.

ILPhinFan88
01-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Whats the reason behind your sig?....Thanks to Title Nine, college wrestling prgrams hardly exsist.

Its my daughter, just a proud parent

sports24/7
01-14-2006, 08:42 PM
My sig says it all. I don't care if we have to trade up.

Jaj
01-14-2006, 08:45 PM
I frankly don't care as long as he's a highly rated player. I think that our pick will truly take advantage of a talented draft class and I'm hoping that somehow Jimmy Williams is available.

d-day
01-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Its my daughter, just a proud parent

and a becoming a great sig maker... ;)

fins5423
01-14-2006, 08:51 PM
JAY CUTLER! what......... does no one think we dont need a QB??????

Why does everyone think Jay Culter is going to be drafted so high?
what has he done since the season has ended?
he didnt even have that great of numbers
no teams in front of us needs a QB that bad to reach for Cutler in the top 10
so dont worry
Jay Cutler will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RunningBackGuru
01-14-2006, 08:57 PM
Cutler. We need a franchise QB.

SECfootball
01-14-2006, 10:04 PM
1st - Jay Cutler
2nd - Antonio Cromartie (Carpenter if he's not there)
3rd - Babatunde Oshinowo

finsnchips
01-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Cutler, Greenway, Huff, Bing

paskerbrandon
01-15-2006, 12:47 AM
1st - Jay Cutler

2nd - Antonio Cromartie

3rd - Demetrius Williams

4th - Ryan O'Callaghan (Reach...)

Danny
01-15-2006, 02:30 AM
Who would you like to see Miami to pick this season?
Ngata,Hawk,Greenway.Mario Williams,Ferguson,Huff,Young,Cutler.I want us to draft at least 5 of those guys in the 1st round...... :sidelol:

Ozzy rules!!

Motion
01-15-2006, 02:33 AM
My sig says it all. I don't care if we have to trade up.

Yeah, what he said.

Boik14
01-15-2006, 03:08 AM
I want:
RD 1: CB Ashton Youboty CB Ohio State
Why: Need for CB and he's the best one in this draft by a far margin cause Jimmy Williams is a FS. Pro Comparison: Shawn Springs. Strong upper body, very good athlete, good hands, not afraid to mix it up and tackle in the run game.
Acceptable Alternatives: Michael Huff, Chad Greenway, Santonio Holmes, trading down.

RD 2: Joe Thomas LT/LG Wisconsin
Why: Need OL help and he represents a strong value here. In a draft deep at LT it's easy to ask why I'd select a tweener and the answer is this cat is 1 mean dude with great technique and the skill level to match. Im really hoping that other teams will view his tweener status as a bad thing cause he will be an elite LT. I have little doubt. Pro comparison: Im not sure there really is one. I'd venture to say Jon Runyan since he's one of the few good run blocking LT's.
Acceptable Alternatives: Andrew Whitworth, Jon Scott, Bobby Carpenter

RD 3: Chad Jackson WR Florida
Why: We need more depth here and he's got a nice upside with starter potential. Relatively polished as a route runner, with above average speed, abilty to separate vs faster CB's and good hands. Tough after the catch with decent moves. Biggest downfall is that he has to do a better job reading the play and adjusting his route on blitzes, that comes with time though. Pro comparison: Donald Driver
Acceptable Alternatives: Freddie Roach, Jabari Levy, Brodie Croyle, Anthony Schlegal

RD 4: Drew Olsen QB UCLA
Why: Need to groom a young player at the position and Olsen has the tools. Good arm, accuracy, delivery and touch. Mechanics and footwork need tweaking. Reading D's has to become more of a stronger point. Question quality of oppositions. Pro Comparison: Trent Green (and like Green will need time, around a year) to learn the pro game.
Acceptable alternatives: Best Player Available (BPA from this point on)

RD 5: Greg Blue
Why: Need for a safety fast enough to cover. Vicious hitter with a mean attitude. Plays the ball well with decent hands. Causes TO's. Caught out of position on occassion and question conditioning and deep speed. Pro Comparison: Lawyer Milloy
Acceptable Alternatives: Elvis Dumervill, Tim Massaquoai, BPA

Motion
01-15-2006, 03:24 AM
I want:

Why: We need more depth here and he's got a nice upside with starter potential. Relatively polished as a route runner, with above average speed, abilty to separate vs faster CB's and good hands. Tough after the catch with decent moves. Biggest downfall is that he has to do a better job reading the play and adjusting his route on blitzes, that comes with time though. Pro comparison: Donald Driver
Acceptable Alternatives: Freddie Roach, Jabari Levy, Brodie Croyle, Anthony Schlegal

I'm not being a homer at when I say WTF?!? you don't honestly think he'll last that long do you? He's a late first round pick, with only Holmes and maybe Hagan rated above him.

Boik14
01-15-2006, 03:27 AM
I'm not being a homer at when I say WTF?!? you don't honestly think he'll last that long do you? He's a late first round pick, with only Holmes and maybe Hagan rated above him. Holmes, Hagan, Moss, Avant, Jackson. 5th best wr in the draft. You are being a UF homer.

Motion
01-15-2006, 03:28 AM
Holmes, Hagan, Moss, Avant, Jackson. 5th best wr in the draft. You are being a UF homer.

Seriously, no I'm not. All bias aside they were just talking about this the other day on NFL Network or ESPN and I've read on a few draft sites. Avant and Moss??? No way.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/wr.html

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/value_board.htm

Boik14
01-15-2006, 03:29 AM
Seriously, no I'm not. All bias aside they were just talking about this the other day on NFL Network or ESPN and I've read on a few draft sites. Avant and Moss??? No way.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/wr.html Try scout.com

Motion
01-15-2006, 03:33 AM
Try scout.com

The draft rankings they have up right now aren't very accurate, a few of those guys aren't even coming out. And even they don't have Moss anywhere near Jackson. I can't believe they have Avant that high, unreal.

Boik14
01-15-2006, 03:35 AM
The draft rankings they have up right now aren't very accurate, a few of those guys aren't even coming out. Ya but they do give the best scouting reports and info. Anyway, Jackson simply isnt fast enough to warrant being a higher slection than any of the 4 I mentioned. On top of that UF Wr's get such a bad rap for being soft that I really dont think a team will gamble anything higher than a late 2nd at best on him.

Motion
01-15-2006, 03:38 AM
Ya but they do give the best scouting reports and info. Anyway, Jackson simply isnt fast enough to warrant being a higher slection than any of the 4 I mentioned. On top of that UF Wr's get such a bad rap for being soft that I really dont think a team will gamble anything higher than a late 2nd at best on him.

You make some valid points but I still think he'll go higher and I'd take him over Avant and Moss anyday. Holmes and Hagan are the only ones that should go ahead of him.

Boik14
01-15-2006, 03:43 AM
You make some valid points but I still think he'll go higher and I'd take him over Avant and Moss anyday. Holmes and Hagan are the only ones that should go ahead of him. I guess we'll agree to disagree and find out for sure in a few months.

IMO, I feel that Holmes and Hagan have decisive advantages across the board over Jackson. Then when you look at moss and see his hands and speed it makes you say "home run hitter". Does Moss carry risk? Yes, all speed based wr's who really need to refine their routes are going to run the risk of just being guys that you can only stretch the field vertically with. But his brother carried a similar label and he has a good work ethic. As far as Avant, I dont think there is a more reliable pair of hands out there in this draft. His speed is at least as good and he played in a pro style offense

Motion
01-15-2006, 03:49 AM
I guess we'll agree to disagree and find out for sure in a few months.

IMO, I feel that Holmes and Hagan have decisive advantages across the board over Jackson. Then when you look at moss and see his hands and speed it makes you say "home run hitter". Does Moss carry risk? Yes, all speed based wr's who really need to refine their routes are going to run the risk of just being guys that you can only stretch the field vertically with. But his brother carried a similar label and he has a good work ethic. As far as Avant, I dont think there is a more reliable pair of hands out there in this draft. His speed is at least as good and he played in a pro style offense

All good points. IMO Jackson has as good as hands as you can find. I've seen him make some unbelieveable catches the last couple years. I know he doesn't have break neck speed but he has enough. He's extremely reliable and would be a perfect slot/posession receiver, a solid #2.

Boik14
01-15-2006, 03:55 AM
He's extremely reliable and would be a perfect slot/posession receiver. Exactly. When do slot/possession wr's who are, for lack of a better term, speed challenged, go in rd 1? Theyre usually mid round selections.

Thats how I feel anyway. Have a good night, im gonna catch some zzzz's

Jaj
01-15-2006, 04:51 AM
Well the current definition of possession WR is just completely skewed anyway. Possession used to mean a WR did something with the ball after he caught it like Keyshawn Johnson does after the catch. Then again so does Marvin Harrison and Terell Owens. The type of WR when people now here about WRs are slower guys like say an Oronde Gadsen.

paskerbrandon
01-15-2006, 04:52 AM
I want:
RD 1: CB Ashton Youboty CB Ohio State
Why: Need for CB and he's the best one in this draft by a far margin cause Jimmy Williams is a FS. Pro Comparison: Shawn Springs. Strong upper body, very good athlete, good hands, not afraid to mix it up and tackle in the run game.
Acceptable Alternatives: Michael Huff, Chad Greenway, Santonio Holmes, trading down.

Why: Need OL help and he represents a strong value here. In a draft deep at LT it's easy to ask why I'd select a tweener and the answer is this cat is 1 mean dude with great technique and the skill level to match. Im really hoping that other teams will view his tweener status as a bad thing cause he will be an elite LT. I have little doubt. Pro comparison: Im not sure there really is one. I'd venture to say Jon Runyan since he's one of the few good run blocking LT's.
Acceptable Alternatives: Andrew Whitworth, Jon Scott, Bobby Carpenter

RD 4: Drew Olsen QB UCLA
Why: Need to groom a young player at the position and Olsen has the tools. Good arm, accuracy, delivery and touch. Mechanics and footwork need tweaking. Reading D's has to become more of a stronger point. Question quality of oppositions. Pro Comparison: Trent Green (and like Green will need time, around a year) to learn the pro game.
Acceptable alternatives: Best Player Available (BPA from this point on)

RD 5: Greg Blue
Why: Need for a safety fast enough to cover. Vicious hitter with a mean attitude. Plays the ball well with decent hands. Causes TO's. Caught out of position on occassion and question conditioning and deep speed. Pro Comparison: Lawyer Milloy
Acceptable Alternatives: Elvis Dumervill, Tim Massaquoai, BPA

Jackson in the 3rd is possible...

Blue in the 5th is not very likley...

Jaj
01-15-2006, 05:14 AM
Other than Olson that's a very hopeful draft...

Motion
01-15-2006, 05:52 AM
Jackson in the 3rd would be one of the biggest steals I've ever seen.

Finfanforever
01-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Cutler, Cutler, Cutler! We have to come out of this draft with the QB of the future!

DolphinsRising
01-15-2006, 11:16 AM

He's not coming out this year as he had an ACL injury in Wisconsin's bowl game while playing defense of all things.

maddendude
01-16-2006, 12:20 AM
I dont think we should go for a CB, cuz theres no 1st round caliber CB. I dont watch much college ball, but if we were to take a CB, I'd say Huff.
Madison wants to leave, and I think we should trade him or release him.

I think we should go for QB in the first, cuz theres 3 great QBs, and a few good ones.

Obviously, leinart and vince will be gone, so I say Cutler.

How great would it be for us to have that young RB, young Oline, young receivers, and finally, a young QB who we know can get it done. He'll be our carson palmer...a kind of guy where you know your set for the next decade.

dominizzo
01-16-2006, 01:04 AM
Chad Greenway or Aj hawk

Motion
01-16-2006, 01:06 AM
I dont think we should go for a CB, cuz theres no 1st round caliber CB. I dont watch much college ball, but if we were to take a CB, I'd say Huff.

Huff is a Safety.

Jaj
01-16-2006, 01:09 AM
He can play CB quite well.

Motion
01-16-2006, 01:12 AM
He can play CB quite well.

This is true, but he mainly played safety.

beejay05
01-16-2006, 01:38 AM
Asuming Cutler is not there because dont think he will make it past Zona or Det :
Round 1: OLB - Ryans or Greenway
Round 2: DB - Youboty or Ko Simpson
Round 3: QB - Brodey Croyle or Omar Jacobs
Round 4: DT - Wrotten or Gabe Watson if either on is there, or likely Kyle WIlliams (The other LSU DT)
Round 5: DB -Dwyane Slay or Marcus Maxey depending on 2nd selection.
Round 6: C - ????? Castilo from fsu comes to mind as a talented player who was injury plagued and could be a nice grab.
Round 7: any SEC players Saban likes for all our 7th, not even going to try to guess

Jaj
01-16-2006, 03:36 AM
I'll be the first to say this, but if Cromartie is healthy and does well at the combines I for one would love it if he was drafted by us at 16. He's A PREMIERE DRAFT prospect. No forget that, he's a #1 CB...

unifiedtheory
01-16-2006, 03:46 AM
I want Leinart but he'll be gone. I want Huff but he'll be gone. I want Cutler but he'll be gone.

I REALLY think we need an athletic safety. Landry (if he declares) would be an option but at #16 might be a reach.

I have a hunch we'll end up with one of the outside linebackers (Greenway is my favorite).

Rounds 2-7 are unknown to me because it is too early to do a mock draft in my opinion.

fishypete
01-16-2006, 03:50 AM
I want Leinart but he'll be gone. I want Huff but he'll be gone. I want Cutler but he'll be gone.

I REALLY think we need an athletic safety. Landry (if he declares) would be an option but at #16 might be a reach.

I have a hunch we'll end up with one of the outside linebackers (Greenway is my favorite).

Rounds 2-7 are unknown to me because it is too early to do a mock draft in my opinion.

You never know....at least one of them may drop.