Pages : 1 [2] 3

WCUgodsmacked13
01-05-2006, 12:10 AM
notre dame came in this week at 6

Eric-Honduras
01-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Lendall White>Reggie Bush

Bush ain't even the best back at USC

Probably could make that case... Lendall is very solid... Bush gets the hype... but whoever picks up White will have a nice pickup..

Lendall did get the majority of the carries over the past 2 seasons...(except this season)

jlfin
01-05-2006, 12:17 AM
did i ever say he was HOF...???

i said he was the best player coming out of college... period.

No, but your post mocked my contention that Bush had the possibility of being a role player, not an every down back. You gave no supporting evidence to the contrary.
I have no idea how well his skills will translate to the NFL. He may well be a great back. I'm just not convinced. Rocket Ismael and ____ Howard (Michigan WR) looked pretty darn good in college too and they were both role players in the NFL (average WR's, good KO and punt returners).
That's my only point. Nothing to get all worked up about.

Eric-Honduras
01-05-2006, 12:24 AM
No, but your post mocked my contention that Bush had the possibility of being a role player, not an every down back. You gave no supporting evidence to the contrary.
I have no idea how well his skills will translate to the NFL. He may well be a great back. I'm just not convinced. Rocket Ismael and ____ Howard (Michigan WR) looked pretty darn good in college too and they were both role players in the NFL (average WR's, good KO and punt returners).
That's my only point. Nothing to get all worked up about.

So i can put names of RBs that won the Heisman and became great NFL players... what does that prove? If you not convinced he will be a great NFL running back... well i guess you differ from most experts and scouts that predict Bush as the #1 college player.

My point was that Bush is an incredible college football player..and will be the first RB selected, if not the first player. Whoever drafts him that high will expect him to become the #1 RB. Given what he has done over the past seasons, ill give him the benefit of the doubt that he play in the NFL.

Eric-Honduras
01-05-2006, 12:29 AM
TD... what a run...

Eric-Honduras
01-05-2006, 12:33 AM
role player.. Bush?? please.. what a TD run.

Last year he average 31 yds on his rushing tds (16 total).... crazy...

outlawd2u
01-05-2006, 12:38 AM
that last TD by Bush is what he's been doing all year. The speed he runs with, and his ability to change directions without losing much speed is unparalleled

kastofsna120
01-05-2006, 12:43 AM
http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1DMMV2Y3TYBP6159YFXU05886K

here's his TD run. overrated?

Nappy Roots
01-05-2006, 02:19 AM
He is averaging over 8 yards a run

Notice i didnt say why isnt he averaging over 8 yards a run.

he would average way over 8 yards a carry dont u think?

yea, and dont you think if he wasnt getting touched until 8 yards after the play, that his speed and moves could get him more than .9 yards?

FinNasty
01-05-2006, 05:38 AM
http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1DMMV2Y3TYBP6159YFXU05886K

here's his TD run. overrated?

he is talented as hell...

but he is overrated as a pro prospect...

FinNasty
01-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Just looking at tonights game... he couldnt run between the tackles. He didnt have those gapping holes like usual and his only success were the runs to the outside. That is one of the main things that worries me... and it was proved more tonight...

FinNasty
01-05-2006, 06:38 AM
Has anyone heard anything else about this? I swore I just heard the guy on NFL Total Access say that...

Martel
01-05-2006, 06:45 AM
On some of the local coverage here in LA he wasn't saying anything. But it almost seemed like he wanted to win so bad and was so pissed they lost, that he wanted to announce he was coming back right there!! I think once he cools off he'll still come out. But who knows. It would be awesome if he came back.

FinNasty
01-05-2006, 06:50 AM
If he stayed... I think the entire sports world would have a heartattack... I just cant imagine what would happen if he announced that...

The Confessor
01-05-2006, 08:43 AM
I have wanted to post this for weeks, however, I knew I would be torched for it. After the Rosebowl, maybe some people will listen.
I will say he is a very special player, and more a very gifted athlete. That being said, he isnt the best running back on the Trojans, he isnt the best reciever on the Trojans and he isnt even the best kick returner on the Trojans.
Everyone has him as being the first overall pick in the draft, and although he has an impressive touches vs touchdown ratio, that wont follow into the pros. He WILL NOT be able to take the beating he is going to get in the Pros.
As a running back, he will be able to handle 10-15 touches a game tops. So where do you play him?
At SLot or WR> Not a normal position at all for him
As a situatonal player? Not enough touches or plays for him
As a kickreturner? Do you want to spend a top 5 draft pick on a kickreturner....

Thoughts?

MikeO
01-05-2006, 08:48 AM
your nuts

The Confessor
01-05-2006, 08:49 AM
your nuts

Okay, maybe, but that aside, lets hear something to back up you're side of the argument

And lets leave my nuts out of this

@@@
01-05-2006, 08:50 AM
If he stayed... I think the entire sports world would have a heartattack... I just cant imagine what would happen if he announced that...It would be hilarious, mel kipers wig might fall off!!! :lol:

MikeO
01-05-2006, 08:51 AM
Okay, maybe, but that aside, lets hear something to back up you're side of the argument

And lets leave my nuts out of this

Last night was just one game. You can't say he is overrated on one game when the guy had a season of a lifetime. And a great career in general.

It's like saying Marino was overrated based on his final game vs Jax in the playoffs which the team lost 62-7

vt_dolfan
01-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Not to mention the fact that he actually had a very good game last night...guess he missed that TD run....

Motion
I hope he comes out. Anything that pushes Cutler back to us is good.

The Confessor
Last night was just one game. You can't say he is overrated on one game when the guy had a season of a lifetime.

Dude, I live in the middle of Pac-10 land. I am not a Reggie hater, I loved watching the University of Spoiled Children bet the local Wildcats this season. I have seen almost all of every game that USC played this year. I have watched RB play some serious ball, but he wont be able to do the same things at the next level. I would seriously think about taking Lendell White over Bush if I was picking high in the draft. Of course White is going to stay another year, but he is the best running back currently on the USC roster IMO

The Confessor
01-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Not to mention the fact that he actually had a very good game last night...guess he missed that TD run....

How could I miss the run with Dan the UCS homer Fouts playing it over and over. It wasnt nearly as specatular as Vince Youngs TD run...

MikeO
01-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Dude, I live in the middle of Pac-10 land. I am not a Reggie hater, I loved watching the University of Spoiled Children bet the local Wildcats this season. I have seen almost all of every game that USC played this year. I have watched RB play some serious ball, but he wont be able to do the same things at the next level. I would seriously think about taking Lendell White over Bush if I was picking high in the draft. Of course White is going to stay another year, but he is the best running back currently on the USC roster IMO
I don't care where you live. What does that have to do with anything. Even if we agree with your stance he isn't the best RB on USC........how does that make him overrated? A team can't have 2 great RB's??????????? Just stop while your ahead and step away from the CPU now.

MikeO
01-05-2006, 08:56 AM
How could I miss the run with Dan the UCS homer Fouts playing it over and over. It wasnt nearly as specatular as Vince Youngs TD run...

Yeah, Dan Fouts is now in charge of the replay both and what ABC shows over and over again.....:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

The Confessor
01-05-2006, 08:58 AM
I don't care where you live. What does that have to do with anything. Even if we agree with your stance he isn't the best RB on USC........how does that make him overrated? A team can't have 2 great RB's??????????? Just stop while your ahead and step away from the CPU now.

It has quite a bit to do with it. Instead of listening to what the media across the nation speals, I have actually been seeing things first hand...
I have already stated, a very gifted player. Barry Sanders-ish yes. Fouts compared him to Walter Payton... Not even.

The Confessor
01-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Yeah, Dan Fouts is now in charge of the replay both and what ABC shows over and over again.....:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

I wish I had a dollar for everytime Fouts mentioned that blown touchdown by Vince Young

MikeO
01-05-2006, 08:59 AM
It has quite a bit to do with it. Instead of listening to what the media across the nation speals, I have actually been seeing things first hand...
I have already stated, a very gifted player. Barry Sanders-ish yes. Fouts compared him to Walter Payton... Not even.

You don't think we have TV's here on the east coast. We don't watch USC games? :shakeno:

bakedmatt
01-05-2006, 09:00 AM

Dan Fouts wasn't the USC homer. That was Keith Jackson. He's known to be a bit of a USC fan. It was a pretty significant missed call by the referees, that lateral. I think they would have scored anyway.

Schleprock
01-05-2006, 09:01 AM
I will say that I think last nights game shows Mr. Bush isn't going to go flying into the NFL and dominating as many expect. Anyone who hasn't said "Hmmmm..." to themselves after what they saw last night is only kidding themself.

The Confessor
You don't think we have TV's here on the east coast. We don't watch USC games? :shakeno:

Not saying that, but I bet you watching USC is like me watching Florida State, or Penn State or Ohio State. Sometimes, given the chance. Here, USC is on every single week, in the perfect viewing time slot...

Boomer
Last night USC looked a much bigger threat when White was running the ball. But to call Bush overrated is ludicrous.

DBoston80

Fact is R.Bush was a great college player..but NOBODY knows if h's overrated as a whole yet...there are no sure things in the NFL...so no one is wrong or right.

The Confessor
01-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Fact is R.Bush was a great college player..but NOBODY knows if h's overrated as a whole yet...there are no sure things in the NFL...so no one is wrong or right.

Okay, maybe I should have started this different. If you had to pick a Heisman winner today, who would you pick?

bakedmatt
01-05-2006, 09:04 AM
I will say that I think last nights game shows Mr. Bush isn't going to go flying into the NFL and dominating as many expect. Anyone who hasn't said "Hmmmm..." to themselves after what they saw last night is only kidding themself.

Regardless, how many tailbacks have his athleticism? I knew Sean Salisbury was crazy when he said Reggie Bush would be a top-5 RB in the league as soon as he enters it, but he's still going to be a very powerful weapon for the right offense. I can admit that.

Let me ask you something. Do you want the Jets to draft him?

VManis
01-05-2006, 09:05 AM
I think Bush is an exceptional college player but I don't see him translating well in the NFL. Like you said he is too small to take the pounding of a feature back and defensive players in the pros are faster accross the board so all that dancing he does won't work. I hopping that the Jets take him and he ends up being the next Blair Thomas.

bakedmatt
01-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Last night USC looked a much bigger threat when White was running the ball. But to call Bush overrated is ludicrous.

absolutely, positively ludicrous.

bakedmatt
01-05-2006, 09:07 AM
I think Bush is an exceptional college player but I don't see him translating well in the NFL. Like you said he is too small to take the pounding of a feature back and defensive players in the pros are faster accross the board so all that dancing he does won't work. I hopping that the Jets take him and he ends up being the next Blair Thomas.

you mean an injury-plagued career?

DreamWeaver
01-05-2006, 09:08 AM
I have wanted to post this for weeks, however, I knew I would be torched for it. After the Rosebowl, maybe some people will listen.
I will say he is a very special player, and more a very gifted athlete. That being said, he isnt the best running back on the Trojans, he isnt the best reciever on the Trojans and he isnt even the best kick returner on the Trojans.
Everyone has him as being the first overall pick in the draft, and although he has an impressive touches vs touchdown ratio, that wont follow into the pros. He WILL NOT be able to take the beating he is going to get in the Pros.
As a running back, he will be able to handle 10-15 touches a game tops. So where do you play him?
As a kickreturner? Do you want to spend a top 5 draft pick on a kickreturner....

Thoughts?

azfinfanmang = OVERREACTIVE:shakeno:

jerwin825
01-05-2006, 09:08 AM
for the NFL I've always like White better as a RB...but let's not kid ourselves that team's biggest assest is it's OL. Those guys are great.

Now I would like to address all this hype all those putz's at ESPN have tried to make saying this SC team is the greatest of all time....guess they were wrong.

tylerdolphin
01-05-2006, 09:10 AM
The guy didnt even have a bad game. Just because he didnt have a mind boggling performance again, he is over-rated

bakedmatt
01-05-2006, 09:11 AM
for the NFL I've always like White better as a RB...but let's not kid ourselves that team's biggest assest is it's OL. Those guys are great.

Now I would like to address all this hype all those putz's at ESPN have tried to make saying this SC team is the greatest of all time....guess they were wrong.

While I agree with you on the second point, the USC offensive line didn't look so hot in 1st half pass protection, did they? the OL isn't the greatest part of that team. it reminds me of 2002, and how ricky made our OL look.

dolfancoolio
01-05-2006, 09:12 AM
The guy didnt even have a bad game. Just because he didnt have a mind boggling performance again, he is over-rated

time to update your sig;)

NJFINSFAN1
01-05-2006, 09:14 AM

Thoughts?

Lets see

13 carries 82 yards
6 catches 95 yards
5 kickoff returns 102 yards

Math 279 total yards

And you say he is overrated :eek: :eek:

mbsinmisc
01-05-2006, 09:19 AM
I think Reggie is a spectacular player.He will be the ESPN darling next year.
I have had this debate in the past with my friends in the past. Players in the Barry Sanders mode, while spectacular, arent always the best player to help win games. Give me a guy like Emmitt Smith, who moves the chains all day vs. a player who might gain 40 on one play then lose 10 yards on the next 3 plays. This in no way demeans Bush or Sanders, I just prefer 5 yard gains all day vs. big gains then a punt.

DBoston80
01-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Okay, maybe I should have started this different. If you had to pick a Heisman winner today, who would you pick?

Ummmmmmm Troy Smith;)

Phin
01-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Last night was just one game. You can't say he is overrated on one game when the guy had a season of a lifetime. And a great career in general.

It's like saying Marino was overrated based on his final game vs Jax in the playoffs which the team lost 62-7

I agree...

I really don't like USC but I can see that Reggie Bush is phenominal RB. He is one of "those" guys that you watch the game just to see what he'll do next. He just does things that makes him stand out from the rest. For instance... the behind the back arm switch he made as he kept running for more yards will be one of those plays I will always remember. Average RBs just don't do things like that.

VManis
01-05-2006, 09:23 AM
you mean an injury-plagued career?

No I mean an over-hyped player who never lived up to his reputation. Thomas' injuries really didn't hit until his 3rd year in the league. You think an undersized RB could suffer the same fait?

MikeO
01-05-2006, 09:47 AM

Since they don't pass the HEisman out for just 1 game, its still Bush.

kastofsna120
01-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Since they don't pass the HEisman out for just 1 game, its still Bush.
nah, you're only supposed to pick the heisman from one game, much like how everyone here wants vince young based on one game

GreenMonster
01-05-2006, 10:03 AM
nah, you're only supposed to pick the heisman from one game, much like how everyone here wants vince young based on one game

Did you forget that he finished 2nd in the voting, so people have an agruement. I thought he should have won the Heisman before last night, and this just confirmed my earlier choice. You can't change the votes now, but I am sure a few who had Bush - Young 1,2 may have flip-flopped. Do you get any points for doing it against the #1 team in the country and not Fresno State.

finsnchips
01-05-2006, 10:06 AM
You can't judge Reggie on one game... and he still averaged over 6 ypc.

LenDale was just the better back tonight.

kastofsna120
01-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Did you forget that he finished 2nd in the voting, so people have an agruement. I thought he should have won the Heisman before last night, and this just confirmed my earlier choice. You can't change the votes now, but I am sure a few who had Bush - Young 1,2 may have flip-flopped. Do you get any points for doing it against the #1 team in the country and not Fresno State.
fresno state has a better defense than USC. bush has done it all year against good teams

The Confessor
01-05-2006, 10:33 AM
fresno state has a better defense than USC. bush has done it all year against good teams

He has done it all year against good teams yes, but what good defense has he done it against? Most of the defenses in the Pac-10 are average at best. Notre Dame is probably the best D USC played before Texas, and we saw what Ohio State did to Notre Dame's D.

kastofsna120
01-05-2006, 10:51 AM
He has done it all year against good teams yes, but what good defense has he done it against? Most of the defenses in the Pac-10 are average at best. Notre Dame is probably the best D USC played before Texas, and we saw what Ohio State did to Notre Dame's D.
what defense has young played well against?

L.T.21
01-05-2006, 10:53 AM

Hmmm...I wonder if Rivers one game vs. Broncos will now put things to perspective..its one game:)

Even the greatest basketball player that ever lived had horrible games, Larry Bird;-)

L.T.21
01-05-2006, 10:56 AM

Hmm..now just to play devils advocate----Leinart looked HORRIBLE. Not numbers wise, etc....BUT his reads were wrong half the time.

Canadi-Phin
01-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Come on, overrated. Did he not have over 170 yards in offense last night against the number 5 D in the country. He had a very Faulk like game and that's who he will be like in the NFL. He wil get his 15-20 carries and his 7-15 catches depending on the opponent. White had a great game but I really don't think he is the best Rb on USC. Can he catch? In the NFL now, you need to be able to catch not just run. Bush is the homer hitter White is the run you over power back.
They will both be very good pros if not great.

kastofsna120
01-05-2006, 11:00 AM
yeah, it's great. he gets nearly 200 yards of offense agaisnt one of the best defenses in college and that's considerd a bad game. overrated?

Eric-Honduras
01-05-2006, 12:02 PM
he would be the first rb selected... i doubt he stays

GreenMonster
01-05-2006, 12:04 PM

Bush has done it all year against good teams and defenses are you sure. Frenso is ranked 38th whooppie.. USC is ranked 48th, and they have the highest ranked defense in the Pac-10...

Hawaii - 102
Arkansas - 34
Oregon - 75
Arizona State - 114
Arizona - 86
ND - 44
Wash. - 94
Wash. State -106
Stanford - 105
Cal. - Frenso - 38
UCLA - 113
Texas - 10

It's very surprising to look at this chart and think this USC didn't beat Texas down like those other "powerhouse" D's that you face week in and week out in the PAC-10..

ckparrothead
01-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Forget first RB, unless Young comes out, Bush would be the first player selected period.

PhinSoldia
01-05-2006, 12:10 PM
with our without young Bush is going to be Number one....

Now i really dont think he is coming out...him nor Lendale for that matter

CHRISCANEQB726
01-05-2006, 12:33 PM
bush = dunn with moves

let him play the pats or dolphins d

lol i want to see him juke urlacher or lewis

CHRISCANEQB726
01-05-2006, 12:35 PM
he cant break taclkes at all

jukin ppl is not breaking tackles cuase he never got tackled ronnie brown break tackles

and he wont get 30 yard holes to run in

he played the 2nd best d on college and he got whooped he didint juke nobody at all only 2 ppl

tylerdolphin
01-05-2006, 01:15 PM
time to update your sig;)
ill update it soon. After all, the sig is true. :lol:

Nappy Roots
01-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Just looking at tonights game... he couldnt run between the tackles. He didnt have those gapping holes like usual and his only success were the runs to the outside. That is one of the main things that worries me... and it was proved more tonight...

no he didnt run inbetween the tackles, he was trying to break everything outside. i think he was trying to hard to bust the long one last night. that game was not a typical reggie bush game though.

Nappy Roots
01-05-2006, 01:22 PM

Thoughts?

theres already a thread on this, go there to see my answer to your absurd thinking.

Nappy Roots
01-05-2006, 01:23 PM

jukin ppl is not breaking tackles cuase he never got tackled ronnie brown break tackles

he played the 2nd best d on college and he got whooped he didint juke nobody at all only 2 ppl

:sidelol: wow, its always hilarious when people post about players theyve only seen play 1 time.

Garminator
01-05-2006, 01:23 PM

Thoughts?

Dude, you're crazy!!!...maybe we've been watching diffent USC games but from what i've seen personally, the kid is one hell of a talent...

Nappy Roots
01-05-2006, 01:24 PM
no hes definilty coming out. after the game, they asked him how his emotions were knowing this would be his last game, and he said he was sad it didnt that way..........

Predaphin
01-05-2006, 01:27 PM

Thoughts?

you are nuts

Boomer
01-05-2006, 03:39 PM

Having seen "The Tape" as well as innumerable games for SC, that is nonsense. He can break tackles, run through people and round them. He's the closest thing to Barry Sanders since he left Oklahoma State.

IdahoPhin
01-05-2006, 04:06 PM
It would be hilarious, mel kipers wig might fall off!!! :lol:

:sidelol:

DeathStar
01-05-2006, 04:20 PM
bush will be number one, either the texans get him or the jets trade up to get him (using picks they get from KC if they move herm).

CHRISCANEQB726
01-05-2006, 06:13 PM
:sidelol: wow, its always hilarious when people post about players theyve only seen play 1 time.

one time actually ive watched most game

and htye showed his highlights wat happened at nd or some game he started bad and broke some long runs

he cant break a tackle jamal lewis breaks tackles they hit him he breaks away
bush got smacked acrross the face by texas good tackling team look at his stats

bush doesnt want to get tackled so he jukes ppl out and goes all the way but in the nfl the holes wont be that big
he aint gonna juke ppl like that
when he gets hit hes going down

so yea i bet u think bush is the best ever

white is a better back speed power nuff said

dominizzo
01-05-2006, 06:15 PM
wooow here goes the fighting

CHRISCANEQB726
01-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Having seen "The Tape" as well as innumerable games for SC, that is nonsense. He can break tackles, run through people and round them. He's the closest thing to Barry Sanders since he left Oklahoma State.

the tape doesnt mean nothing its high school

when he gets hit he aint gonna break away from them
he got speed to run around but boom hes gonna get stopped simple as that

barry sanders no way

barry had crazy moves break ur ankles
bush might break ur ankles buth es moves r 1 the spin and stutter cut
barry natural runner

FinNasty
01-05-2006, 06:17 PM
no he didnt run inbetween the tackles, he was trying to break everything outside. i think he was trying to hard to bust the long one last night. that game was not a typical reggie bush game though.

No... when he ran up the middle, he got stuffed. He cant run between the tackles, and last night was just another example...

Nappy Roots
01-05-2006, 06:40 PM
No... when he ran up the middle, he got stuffed. He cant run between the tackles, and last night was just another example...

wrong :)

Finland
01-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Alright... I know I am gunna get slammed... but atleast be respectful when you respond...

Does anyone think Reggie Bush is somewhat overrated as a pro prospect? He is definatly the most dominant player in college... but I am not so sure he will be as successful in the NFL. I think he is talented as hell... but I have some major concerns about him...

1. His size - at 6'0 205lbs, he is very light for a RB in the NFL and at that weight I dont think he would hold up to the pounding. Can he add the weight? maybe... but the better question is... will he be as explosive with another 15-20 lbs added to his frame

2. I don't think he is that great pounding it between the tackles. He is great when in space or in the open field especially on stretch, toss, & off tackle plays... but I think his between the tackle running might be over looked. That is what they use Lindell White for...

3. One of my biggest concerns... he doesnt even get touched until 5-8 yards past the line of scrimmage. I mean, the o-line is absolutly dominant and creates highways for both him and Lindell White to run through... They get into the secondary on most of their runs without even seeing a LB...

Let me state it again... I am not saying that he isnt great, or that he isnt a playmaker. I'm not saying that he doesnt deserve to be taken near the top of the draft either...

I just feel that there is alot of hype surrounding this kid that is causing some of these things to be over looked...

Am I the only one that has these concerns?

His stock fell a bit. He is not overrated just over hyped. Same thing??

Nappy Roots
01-05-2006, 06:51 PM
His stock fell a bit. He is not overrated just over hyped. Same thing??

:rolleyes: how many games did you watch him in?

FinNasty
01-05-2006, 06:54 PM
wrong :)

what? explain how that statment was anything but the truth...

Nappy Roots
01-05-2006, 07:03 PM
what? explain how that statment was anything but the truth...

because he can run inside the tackles, how many times do i have to say it? its obvious to me that you havent watched many games this year.

PhinSoldia
01-05-2006, 07:10 PM
the tape doesnt mean nothing its high school

when he gets hit he aint gonna break away from them
he got speed to run around but boom hes gonna get stopped simple as that

barry sanders no way

barry had crazy moves break ur ankles
bush might break ur ankles buth es moves r 1 the spin and stutter cut
barry natural runner

Reggie is the truth....he is ronnie, caddy and Cedric combined...and yes he has flashes of sweetness and quiter Sanders.

Lendale is also a great back and he showed it....thats why i see both of them stay and power USC's offense to another 1st place year in the BCS

Nappy Roots
01-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Lendale is also a great back and he showed it....thats why i see both of them stay and power USC's offense to another 1st place year in the BCS

nope that wont happen. White has already said he isnt happy with splitting carries.

unifiedtheory
01-05-2006, 07:14 PM
one time actually ive watched most game

and htye showed his highlights wat happened at nd or some game he started bad and broke some long runs

he cant break a tackle jamal lewis breaks tackles they hit him he breaks away
bush got smacked acrross the face by texas good tackling team look at his stats

bush doesnt want to get tackled so he jukes ppl out and goes all the way but in the nfl the holes wont be that big
he aint gonna juke ppl like that
when he gets hit hes going down

so yea i bet u think bush is the best ever

white is a better back speed power nuff said

Huh?

FinNasty
01-05-2006, 07:18 PM
because he can run inside the tackles, how many times do i have to say it? its obvious to me that you havent watched many games this year.

I have watched his games bro...

I guess we are just gunna have to agree to disagree on this one... :lol:

Vertical Limit
01-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Reggie Bush isn't overrated. He is one of the best RB's you will see in the NFL, coming out of the 2007 draft. He did show some rust on last night's game, but he still put great numbers. Also, USC didn't play him much last night. Don't know why though, but with a great back like Reggie Bush, you have to give him more than 10-15 carries for god sakes. They should have used him more effectively by positioning him in more screen plays, and more passing plays.

I do think he still needs alot of growing up to do. That fumble last night was basically the momentum shifter of the game. And I beleive that he knows this too. I wouldn't doubt if he plans to stay in USC for his Senior year.

So Texan fans, with Young staying his senior year, and Bush possibly stays for his senior year too, what value does your #1 pick have now?

bakedmatt
01-05-2006, 07:44 PM
No I mean an over-hyped player who never lived up to his reputation. Thomas' injuries really didn't hit until his 3rd year in the league. You think an undersized RB could suffer the same fait?

blair thomas' injury history spanned back to before playing the nfl though. that's not the ultimate reason for his downfall, granted, but any undersized rb that comes into the league is destined to never live up to his reputation? should i flash the names of undersized, but talented rbs that would rock your world? guys that "couldn't break tackles" they say... just because he's not 220lbs.

Nappy Roots
01-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Reggie Bush isn't overrated. He is one of the best RB's you will see in the NFL, coming out of the 2007 draft. He did show some rust on last night's game, but he still put great numbers. Also, USC didn't play him much last night. Don't know why though, but with a great back like Reggie Bush, you have to give him more than 10-15 carries for god sakes. They should have used him more effectively by positioning him in more screen plays, and more passing plays.

I do think he still needs alot of growing up to do. That fumble last night was basically the momentum shifter of the game. And I beleive that he knows this too. I wouldn't doubt if he plans to stay in USC for his Senior year.

So Texan fans, with Young staying his senior year, and Bush possibly stays for his senior year too, what value does your #1 pick have now?

hes coming out. hes already said it.

spydertl79
01-05-2006, 08:52 PM
I wish I had a dollar for everytime Fouts mentioned that blown touchdown by Vince Young I wish I had a dollar for everytime he mentioned Bush's attempt at a lateral.

Alex44
01-05-2006, 09:11 PM
All im going to say is

Aside from his TD run *where i didnt see the dive as nessecary anyway*

He did have a poor night and was hanging his head after that laterall, ive been saying for months I dont think he will be a great pro but He is a really nice guy and talented so I wish him luck

The Confessor
01-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Looks like I stirred things up pretty good this morning... well, actually into this evening. After having the day to think about it, let me revamp.

I saw a video today of Reggie after the game. Very polite, very well spoken. I think his wearing the 619 thing (is that something about the Heisman?) was a little silly.
He will be a very good pick-up for a team that has the other tools available so that he doesnt have to carry the load. He CANT do it. He doesnt carry the ball more than 10-15 times a game in College tops, how does anybody expect him to do it in the pros? No he doesnt break many tackles, for the most part he hasnt had to. He is FUN to watch, and has done some very impressive things (I think the total yards against a very very good Texas Defense last night might actually be the most impressive), but he wont get away with that at the next level. He will be special, its just too bad he is going to go so early in the draft. His career might take a few years to take off if it ever does. Defenses are much faster and bigger in the NFL. Its not a matter of seeing a few All Americans here and there(mostly there in the Pac-10)
I do hope him the best, and to a long healthy career.

SMadison29
01-05-2006, 10:53 PM
This thread needs to be closed for stupidity.

I think his wearing the 619 thing (is that something about the Heisman?) was a little silly.

He always has that or #5 on there. 619 is the area code of where he's from, not stupid.

13 carries 82 yards, 6.3 ypc
6 catches 95 yards, 15.8 ypr
5 kickoff returns 102 yards, 20.4 avg

Bush had a fine game & displayed why he's the best RB in college. He didn't get the ball enough, & Texas was focused in solely on him, that's why he didn't put up the ungodly #s like in previous games.

What's with this too small can't take a hit BS? His size is fine & in more than 900 touches he has yet to get hurt. Reggie can break tackles but since he runs a 4.25 40 he doesn't have to do that often. Please quit hating & watch the kid play more than once.

UCFinfan86
01-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Ronnie and Cadillac never carried the ball more then 15 times in a game and they turned out to be able to carry the loads

unifiedtheory
01-05-2006, 11:38 PM
All im going to say is

Aside from his TD run *where i didnt see the dive as nessecary anyway*

He did have a poor night and was hanging his head after that laterall, ive been saying for months I dont think he will be a great pro but He is a really nice guy and talented so I wish him luck

If he had not have dove he would have been knocked out before he got in the endzone.

Watch the game.

Phinz420
01-06-2006, 03:51 PM
13 carries 82 yards, 6.3 ypc
6 catches 95 yards, 15.8 ypr
5 kickoff returns 102 yards, 20.4 avg

Bush had a fine game & displayed why he's the best RB in college. He didn't get the ball enough, & Texas was focused in solely on him, that's why he didn't put up the ungodly #s like in previous games.

What's with this too small can't take a hit BS? His size is fine & in more than 900 touches he has yet to get hurt. Reggie can break tackles but since he runs a 4.25 40 he doesn't have to do that often.

NEWSFLASH

Reggie Bush gettin 13 carries is no surprise. He has only carried the ball 20+ times in college 1 GAME. He is considerably small at 6'1 200. Theres a big reason on why he was not in the game on their big 4th and 2. USC runs packages for Bush and him being the main guy on the team carrying the load is sure as hell not one of those. This is why Reggie Bush is not worth a #1 overall pick to me.

Sure hes fast in the NCAA, but you would have to be a complete idiot to say that the speed of college and the pros are anywhere near the same. Defenses play much different schemes as well.

Bush will have a good career barring severe injury, but this hype is so over-blown about him being the best RB out of college in years. Hes not better than Ronnie Brown, Caddy, and sure as hell not LT. Each of those backs can be the main guy carrying the load, not to mention block during blitzes(Caddy being the smallest of those 3 he still outweighs Bush by 20 lbs).

IMO for Bush to thrive in the NFL he needs to get on a team with a LenDale White(etc) to carry his load and play in packages that he isnt fit for.

Nappy Roots
01-06-2006, 03:59 PM
He is considerably small at 6'1 200.

hes not small at all

LT
Edge
Portis
Tiki
Dunn
Cadillac

are those backs 2 small as well?

Vertical Limit
01-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Today on NFL Countdown, ESPN's Chris Mortensen announced the Houston Texans reported that they will definitely pick Reggie Bush and stick with him (pending on if he declares or not). They are not interested in drafting a quarterback especially with David Carr receiving an 8 million dollar bonus from the team.

Now, if Vince Young does in fact go pro, that would bump him into the Saints or the Titans. I think, depending on the Senior Bowl, Jay Cutler or Matt Leinart will land with the Titans (those two can battle it out).

(Note: McNair is a free agent with the Titans, and Vince Young has a sort of friendship with McNair, could Vince Young end up in a Titans uniform?)

Matt Leinart is still the top rated QB entering this draft, but one of the 3 will be the Aaron Rodgers in the 2006 draft.

This is all, pending on Vince Young's decision.

But the biggest story is, Houston Texans will in fact stick with Reggie Bush as the #1 pick in the draft and David Carr as the QB for the Texans.

Vertical Limit
01-07-2006, 02:42 PM
No opinions at all on this?

PhinSoldia
01-07-2006, 03:24 PM
i would just like to know why are they looking for the draft when thier Coach is very much in the air

Nappy Roots
01-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Today on NFL Countdown, ESPN's Chris Morton announced the Houston Texans reported that they will definitely pick Reggie Bush and stick with him (pending on if he declares or not). They are not interested in drafting a quarterback especially with David Carr receiving an 8 million dollar bonus from the team.

Now, if Vince Young does in fact go pro, that would bump him into the Saints or the Titans. I think, depending on the Senior Bowl, Jay Cutler or Matt Leinart will land with the Titans (those two can battle it out).

(Note: McNair is a free agent with the Titans, and Vince Young has a sort of friendship with McNair, could Vince Young end up in a Titans uniform?)

Matt Leinart is still the top rated QB entering this draft, but one of the 3 will be the Aaron Rodgers in the 2006 draft.

This is all, pending on Vince Young's decision.

But the biggest story is, Houston Texans will in fact stick with Reggie Bush as the #1 pick in the draft and David Carr as the QB for the Texans.

most people that had half a brain knew this would happen with bush. i dont Culter will go near that high. but i dont think he will fall as far as rodgers did. hopefully he falls to us though

Nappy Roots
01-07-2006, 03:25 PM
i would just like to know why are they looking for the draft when thier Coach is very much in the air

how are they looking at the draft? they didnt even have to look at it, they knew who they were going to pick.

Alex44
01-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Now if the texans draft Bush they can add 10 carries for 50 yards a game to their roster....yay for them

Stupid choice IMO

Alex44
01-07-2006, 03:27 PM
how are they looking at the draft? they didnt even have to look at it, they knew who they were going to pick.

Because the coach should make the pick

And if you dont have a coach how can the coach have the player he wants

Nappy Roots
01-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Now if the texans draft Bush they can add 10 carries for 50 yards a game to their roster....yay for them

Stupid choice IMO

saves
01-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Thats one less team taking a QB. Good

Alex44
01-07-2006, 03:30 PM

They are drafting the most over hyped player in history

A guy who isnt big enough to carry the load, a guy who will probally be hurt

The NFL isnt college anymore buddy, he doesnt get to play 100th ranked defenses and make them look stupid

Nappy Roots
01-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Because the coach should make the pick

And if you dont have a coach how can the coach have the player he wants

really, then why pay a general manager? coach gets paid to coach.

Nappy Roots
01-07-2006, 03:31 PM
They are drafting the most over hyped player in history

A guy who isnt big enough to carry the load, a guy who will probally be hurt

The NFL isnt college anymore buddy, he doesnt get to play 100th ranked defenses and make them look stupid

Alex44
01-07-2006, 03:32 PM
really, then why pay a general manager? coach gets paid to coach.

Ok so by your logic Rick Speilman made better draft picks than Nick Saban.

DeathStar
01-07-2006, 03:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2283797

The Houston Texans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou) will select USC running back Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in this April's NFL draft, pending the formality of Bush announcing that he is turning pro, team and league sources told Chris Mortensen.

Almost nothing will change that course, the sources say, even after the Texans received word Friday from an intermediary representing Texas quarterback Vince Young that the Houston native is leaning strongly to also going pro.

means no way fins get carr. sorry for those of you that wanted carr.

Nappy Roots
01-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Ok so by your logic Rick Speilman made better draft picks than Nick Saban.

man, why are you waisting my time.............how the **** did you come up with that logic from my post. :shakeno:

im not going to even get close to getting into it with you, cause the moment i make a point you cant argue youll run away with your tail in between your legs and never respond. youve did it before.

Dors156
01-07-2006, 03:43 PM
yea true but you never know what can happen from now up to the draft.they could change their minds

LarryFinFan
01-07-2006, 03:44 PM
If Capers had stayed, then they probably would have moved on without Carr, but now...all bets off because they don't even have a coach yet...most of the offensive minded coaches would keep Carr. It's too early to give up on him, but if they change their minds...I hope Mueller is standing there waiting...

PhenomenalPhin
I figured that, but what are they goign to do with their running back dominic davis? Didn't they give him some sort of contract extension or something like that recently?

dominizzo
I guess Domanick Davis is a gonzo

Der Philth
And you should *always* believe what an NFL team is leaking before the draft. </sarcasm>

:lol:

DeathStar
01-07-2006, 03:45 PM
I figured that, but what are they goign to do with their running back dominic davis? Didn't they give him some sort of contract extension or something like that recently?

21 million dollar one before 2005 season started.

guess they will have them split the backfield and also have bush lineup as a #2 reciever along side andre johnson.

DeathStar
01-07-2006, 03:46 PM
And you should *always* believe what an NFL team is leaking before the draft. </sarcasm>

:lol:

chris mortensen usually is right about these things as he has sources everywhere.

Der Philth
They don't believe Davis can stay healthy enough to be a feature back.

wyo
I wanted Carr to come here pretty strongly. But I knew Houston would not let him go for those same reasons that I wanted him. He is young. His worst years are behind him. He has talent and now has experience to go with it. He can be great and most likely will come close to beiing so if the team can come around soon enough.

Der Philth
01-07-2006, 03:47 PM
chris mortensen usually is right about these things as he has sources everywhere.

Didn't he also say the Fins were going to draft Braylon Edwards?

dabadguy5937
Carr is garbage

PhenomenalPhin
21 million dollar one before 2005 season started.

guess they will have them split the backfield and also have bush lineup as a #2 reciever along side andre johnson.

:eek: two good running backs getting two huge salaries. They envy us.

fishfan34
01-07-2006, 03:48 PM

I agree, but alot of times teams us these guys to leak this information for them to get the word out. Mortenson reported last year that he was told that "source" close to the Dolphins said they were leaning more towards Braylon Edwards too. I guess it just remains to be seen if it's accurate information or the Texans using Mort to leak info as a smoke screen..

DeathStar
01-07-2006, 03:48 PM
wonder how they will fix the worst offensive line in the league.

Roman529
01-07-2006, 03:50 PM
You're forgetting one thing.....teams might want to trade up to get Houston's pick and Carr could be involved in a QB swap along with extra picks for the #1 pick. I don't think there is a gaurantee that Houston wants to stick with Carr and his big bonus. I don't think Carr is the franchise QB everone makes him out to be.

Ol' Saint Nick
01-07-2006, 03:53 PM
You're forgetting one thing.....teams might want to trade up to get Houston's pick and Carr could be involved in a QB swap along with extra picks for the #1 pick. I don't think there is a gaurantee that Houston wants to stick with Carr and his big bonus. I don't think Carr is the franchise QB everone makes him out to be.

Agreed. It is called hyping up the #1 overall pick (Bush). They will just moved down a few spots and nab Young. For all of those believing they are really going to stay with Carr and keep two backs, it is not likely.

FanMarino
01-07-2006, 03:54 PM
They don't believe Davis can stay healthy enough to be a feature back.
Neither will Bush behind that O line. They have alot of problems and one player isnt going to fix them whether Bush is that good or not. Shame if its true because i was on the Carr bandwagon.

Der Philth
01-07-2006, 03:54 PM
From a media and marketing standpoint, Vince Young is who the Texans should draft. I'm sure they're thinking that internally. I believe now they're just trying to get as much as they can for Carr by trying to make him seem more valuable than he really is.

DeathStar
01-07-2006, 04:00 PM
The Texans will pick up an $8 million option on quarterback David Carr, who was the expansion team's first draft pick four years ago. Texans owner Bob McNair made the decision after getting extensive evaluations from various sources that strongly endorsed Carr, including a favorable report from Dan Reeves, the former longtime NFL coach hired last month as a consultant.

no way they dump carr now. carr stays in houston. plus you dont pay a guy 8 million bucks only to trade him away, seems very stupid, no way their owner would agree to dumping him after he paid 8 million bucks out of his pocket.

i still think they will trade down and get an offensive tackle and more picks.

DeathStar
01-07-2006, 04:02 PM
From a media and marketing standpoint, Vince Young is who the Texans should draft. I'm sure they're thinking that internally. I believe now they're just trying to get as much as they can for Carr by trying to make him seem more valuable than he really is.

you make draft picks on what will help the team the most and not by what the media says.

Der Philth
01-07-2006, 04:03 PM
you make draft picks on what will help the team the most and not by what the media says.

A local superstar QB will put fannies in the seats. It's still a business, and you can't ignore VY's star power in Texas.

thomasdan15
01-07-2006, 04:07 PM
He did say Edwards was coming here but if you remember Edwards wasn't real happy about the Dolphins not picking him because Speilman had indicated to him that we would pick him. Also they are going to need Davis because Bush isn't going to be an every down back.

DeathStar
01-07-2006, 04:11 PM
A local superstar QB will put fannies in the seats. It's still a business, and you can't ignore VY's star power in Texas.

WINS most importantly put fannies in the seats.

bush has star power too.

DeathStar
01-07-2006, 04:13 PM
He did say Edwards was coming here but if you remember Edwards wasn't real happy about the Dolphins not picking him because Speilman had indicated to him that we would pick him. Also they are going to need Davis because Bush isn't going to be an every down back.

mort should know that with the fins organization, if the info doesn't come from straight from saban then its not reliable.

Der Philth
01-07-2006, 04:18 PM
WINS most importantly put fannies in the seats.

bush has star power too.

You're assuming they can't win with Vince Young?

Semedi
01-07-2006, 04:24 PM
You're assuming they can't win with Vince Young?

That's right, I don't think Vince Young is enough to turn the Texans around, that's for sure. Maybe he could be part of the building blocks for their future, but so could Bush.

johngarry
01-07-2006, 04:24 PM
"...with the 1st pick in the 2006 NFL College Draft...the Houston Texans select, Vince Young, quarterback/Texas." (this is a team with a venue 3yrs removed from hosting the SB...they're in personnel transition, and will need all the positive vibe they can muster to put 'butts-in-the-seats' right away! Vince fit the bill, and then some.)

bakedmatt
01-07-2006, 04:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2283797

means no way fins get carr. sorry for those of you that wanted carr.

this is a good thing. it probably rules out the possibility that one of the top-3 players drops to the Jets.

Der Philth
01-07-2006, 04:38 PM
"...with the 1st pick in the 2006 NFL College Draft...the Houston Texans select, Vince Young, quarterback/Texas." (this is a team with a venue 3yrs removed from hosting the SB...they're in personnel transition, and will need all the positive vibe they can muster to put 'butts-in-the-seats' right away! Vince fit the bill, and then some.)

Bingo.

ryoung8918
01-07-2006, 04:39 PM
It'd be quite a stretch for them to take Bush, unless they plan to line him up at wideout a lot. Davis signed a $21 mil extension last year, and Morency and Wells have been solid in backing up Davis.

I'd say there was a pretty decent chance Houston won't even end up picking #1. I could see them going down 1-3 spots and take D'Brick.

DorsalPhin
01-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Based on the $ already given to D.Davis and it being unlikely they'll cut or be able to trade him, I agree that taking Bush does not make sense for Houston. It does makes sense however to officially pronouce that they are taking Bush in order to get someone to trade spots with them so they can take V.Young or D.Ferguson at pick 2-6 and get more picks.

Jaj
01-07-2006, 05:16 PM
They might be trying to make a big splash with the Jets, where the Jets send over a taletend cheap player such as a Victor Hobson+picks to move up for the #1 overall. Then they'll just grab D'Brickshaw Ferguson. At the 2nd spot I see Vince Young going to the Saints and Leinart landing in Tennessee. At the 5 spot to the Packers Demorio Williams is a great possibility as Jim Bates looks to add his Jason Taylor to go along with Kbaja or if he has a great combine Memphis' DeAngelo Williams might be picked. The Raiders depending on Jay Cutler's off-season performances probably look to take A.J. Hawk (f'in A) leaving the 49ers with Jimmy Williams.

caneaddict
01-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Guys,
One flaw with everyone's argument that they are using this to hype the #1 pick and will then trade down and grab Vince anyway.

Both teams below them at #2 and #3 don't want Bush; they want one of the QB's. If they were hyping for a trade it would make more sense to claim they want one of the two QB's. That would force either NO or Tennessee to move up and Houston would be at #2 or #3 where they could still pimp out Bush to the Jets or San Fran.

So if they want to make a trade it seems they are pimping the wrong guy. That's why I believe the rumor that they are still taking Bush.

cowtowndick
01-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Is there any chance that Bush, reluctant about the possibility of getting drafted by the Saints, goes back to USC? I don't think he's officially declared, or has he unofficially rescinded his final year by hiring an agent or something?

Alex44
01-10-2006, 11:16 AM
I think it would be hilarious if he didnt declare.....but 99.9% chancce he will declare

ckparrothead
01-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Actually I think what will happen now is that Bush will end up going to the Titans at #3, and Norm Chow may be even more elated about it than if they were able to get Matt Leinart.

BigDogsHunt
01-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Actually I think what will happen now is that Bush will end up going to the Titans at #3, and Norm Chow may be even more elated about it than if they were able to get Matt Leinart.

Really #3? Interesting...so what does Texans do at #1? Trade down?

What is your mock look like?

I always have felt that the Titans take VY @3 to learn and study for one year under his teacher SM. Both have similar running/passing styles.

FinAtic8480
01-11-2006, 12:20 AM
NCAA | Bush far from a decision on the draft
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:50:17 -0800

NBC Sports.com reports Southern California RB Reggie Bush told the Los Angeles Times that he is "far" from making his decision on whether to return for his senior year at Southern California or enter the 2006 NFL Draft (http://www.kffl.com/link/159). Bush met with USC head coach Pete Carroll (http://www.kffl.com/player/11220/nfl) and agent David Dunn for about one hour on campus Monday, Jan. 9, the Times said. "I'm still trying to figure everything out and put everything in perspective before I make my decision," Bush said after the meeting.

This could affect every team Including us and what would the Texans do who were so dedicated to Drafting Bush,How about what it would do to us at 16....

DolphinDevil28
01-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Just wait until he checks in with an advisor and that advisor lets him know what kind of dough he'd make next year.

Yeah, he's going pro.

dominizzo
01-11-2006, 12:23 AM
What a calls act clwon he calls Houston and then he e gonna decide what to doo?? Woow anyone hear of ricky Williams????

FinAtic8480
01-11-2006, 12:24 AM
I dont know there are 4 days left and this kid is second guessing, I think after the Texas game he got scared of the Pro's,lol

finsnchips
01-11-2006, 12:26 AM
I think he probably didnt like the way he would be leaving... It might not be the craziest thing for him to go back to school.

CitizenSnips
01-11-2006, 12:27 AM
unlike lienart, Bush wouldn't have much of a reason to return. He doesn't really have a shot at winning another nation title, and really, no one wins the heismann twice. It'd be stupid for him to come back. although, hindsight shows us it was pretty stupid for lienart to come back as well. he didn't win it, or the national title. and he might not be drafted #1 now, which will cost him millions.

SMadison29
01-11-2006, 12:29 AM
I dont know there are 4 days left and this kid is second guessing, I think after the Texas game he got scared of the Pro's,lol

Do what?

Troysif
01-11-2006, 12:31 AM
unlike lienart, Bush wouldn't have much of a reason to return. He doesn't really have a shot at winning another nation title, and really, no one wins the heismann twice. It'd be stupid for him to come back. although, hindsight shows us it was pretty stupid for lienart to come back as well. he didn't win it, or the national title. and he might not be drafted #1 now, which will cost him millions.

um he is still gonns make millions, which im sure is more than make, so it probably was a good decision to go back and graduate with an education, other than not have a diploma, either way he would still make millions

djfresh47
01-11-2006, 12:32 AM

I don't know, I think they would still have a pretty good chance. At the very least they would have one of the top wideouts, and the top player in the country. John David Booty was described by Norm Chow, as the most talented Qb, he's ever seen, so I wouldn't rule them out.

SMadison29
01-11-2006, 12:32 AM

Bush would have the same reason to return as Leinart, to win a National Championship & be a "movie star" in LA for another year. If Bush returns USC has a great chance to win another championship because of their great offense & young developing defense. All that said he's not going to return. He's about to sign with an agent & leave.

HysterikiLL
01-11-2006, 12:33 AM
I think it'd be hilarious if Reggie isn't a prospect for the 'Bush sweepstakes'. It would stick it to all those tool reporters who are making stupid predictions.

P.S. I'm not sure why so many of you know he's declaring when he's far from making a decision himself.

DeathStar
01-11-2006, 12:34 AM
far my ***.

white is turning pro.

why the hell would he stay and miss the chance to get 25 million guaranteed.

FinAtic8480
All i know is what it could do to the Draft and to us who Draft at 16,especially how will it affect everyone...

girthvader44
Maybe he wants to go out on top like my boy VY!

Seriously, I have heard ESPN whom all of us here love, state that Reggies and Matt's stock may have dropped a tiny bit because of the Rose Bowl. They questioned Bush's ability to be an every down back and Leinarts 1st half against the Horns Defense.

I personally think they are on crack, both of those guys are studs and top 3 picks. Skip Clueless, Mel Kiper, and whatever the hell the other guys name is on that damn show 4 downs show are a bunch of morons.

-GV

finfan75
01-11-2006, 12:37 AM
What a calls act clwon he calls Houston and then he e gonna decide what to doo?? Woow anyone hear of ricky Williams????

drugs are bad mmkay?

HysterikiLL
01-11-2006, 12:47 AM

:huh: :dunno: :confused2: :egads: :eek2:

s3an8
01-11-2006, 12:49 AM
he should just go.....he doesnt wanna pull a matt lienhart and lower his stock.....Or does he????who knows...

Jimmy James
01-11-2006, 12:49 AM
What do they really teach in that dance class at USC that is so attractive all the kids want to take it? ;)

s3an8
01-11-2006, 12:50 AM
and why risk gettin hurt and screwin your career mide as welll take the money while u can...

djfresh47
01-11-2006, 12:52 AM
and why risk gettin hurt and screwin your career mide as welll take the money while u can...

I think most of the guys take out an insurance policy.

Jimmy James
01-11-2006, 12:53 AM
um he is still gonns make millions, which im sure is more than make, so it probably was a good decision to go back and graduate with an education, other than not have a diploma, either way he would still make millions

Matt needed 2 credits to graduate. He could have easily taken those in the summer even with all the football activities he would have been expected to participate in. Matt coming back was not about his education, and it was incredibly dumb because it likely cost him a year of earning potential in the NFL plus the differential between the top pick's contract last year and what he'll get in his rookie year this way.

Batman13
01-11-2006, 01:25 AM
What do they really teach in that dance class at USC that is so attractive all the kids want to take it? ;)
LOL. Nothing that Reggie Bush couldn't get on his own.

Doakle
01-11-2006, 01:41 AM
Not sure I understand the report. Doesnt meeting with an agent forfeit his remaining eligibility anyway? He is interviewing agents not to decide on whether to go pro, but to decide on which agent he is going with.

Jimmy James
01-11-2006, 01:44 AM
Not sure I understand the report. Doesnt meeting with an agent forfeit his remaining eligibility anyway? He is interviewing agents not to decide on whether to go pro, but to decide on which agent he is going with.

I thought he could meet with agents but not actually sign with one if he wants to maintian his eligibility.

Doakle
01-11-2006, 01:49 AM
Yep I wasnt sure on the agent rules, I think they can talk at least.

By the way, the full quote from LA Times article is,

Bush said the meeting with Dunn would be his last with agents, but he emphasized that he had not chosen who would represent him if he turns pro.

"I'm far from making my decision," he said.

Dunn, who was accompanied by several associates, declined to comment.

Makes it sound like he is picking an agent, not deciding on whether to go pro.

Vertical Limit
01-11-2006, 01:55 AM
I say he goes back to USC. The kid still got alot of maturing to do. He has an amazing talent, but I think with one more year in college, he can raise his talent to a whole new level.

He should stay in USC, don't come to the NFL yet. Besides, Houston, New Orleans, and Tennesee are horrible teams to land on.

Houston Texans - No class team that would purposely throw games just to get the number 1 pick in the draft. Someone give Houston the "Herm Edwards' You play the game to win" speech.

New Orleans Saints - This organization has no home team. The NFL is unsure what to do with them. They are in a really bad position, I would hate to end up here.

Tennesee Titans - Youngest team in the NFL. Lacks veteran leadership. About the same position as the Detroit Lions.

Jimmy James
01-11-2006, 01:57 AM
Tennesee Titans - Youngest team in the NFL. Lacks veteran leadership. About the same position as the Detroit Lions.

You might say that about them, but I'm guessing that being the youngest team in the NFL just means that you'll be marveling at how well they do in a couple of years when that talent matures.

Metal Panda
01-11-2006, 01:59 AM
NCAA | Bush far from a decision on the draft
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:50:17 -0800

NBC Sports.com reports Southern California RB Reggie Bush told the Los Angeles Times that he is "far" from making his decision on whether to return for his senior year at Southern California or enter the 2006 NFL Draft (http://www.kffl.com/link/159). Bush met with USC head coach Pete Carroll (http://www.kffl.com/player/11220/nfl) and agent David Dunn for about one hour on campus Monday, Jan. 9, the Times said. "I'm still trying to figure everything out and put everything in perspective before I make my decision," Bush said after the meeting.

This could affect every team Including us and what would the Texans do who were so dedicated to Drafting Bush,How about what it would do to us at 16....

It'll dismantle the draft even more when Bush announces his eligibility for the NBA draft...

Metal Panda
01-11-2006, 02:02 AM

I feel trampoline while orbiting Derrick's mother's waistline.

djfresh47
01-11-2006, 02:03 AM
I say he goes back to USC. The kid still got alot of maturing to do. He has an amazing talent, but I think with one more year in college, he can raise his talent to a whole new level.

He should stay in USC, don't come to the NFL yet. Besides, Houston, New Orleans, and Tennesee are horrible teams to land on.

Houston Texans - No class team that would purposely throw games just to get the number 1 pick in the draft. Someone give Houston the "Herm Edwards' You play the game to win" speech.

New Orleans Saints - This organization has no home team. The NFL is unsure what to do with them. They are in a really bad position, I would hate to end up here.

I don't think they purposely lost, they were just an awful team. I don't think New Orleans would take him, because they still have Deuce. The Titans have two good backs, but neither scares anybody, much like Davis, IMO. How much better can he get? Leinart had a better year this year than last, and now everybody overanalyzes him, Bush should comeout if he wants too, but if he doesn't nobody is gonna hold it against him, like they did for Leinart.

Metal Panda
01-11-2006, 02:06 AM
Houston didn't purposefully lose. It wouldn't have made sense for them to have won in Week 15 to put San Fran back in contention.

enough conspiracy theories!

Vertical Limit
01-11-2006, 02:11 AM
Oh cause the Pacman Williams return and most ****** field goal doesn't seem suspicious?

Not to mention the fact that after the 49ers game, one of Houston's offensive linemen said "I know the fans wanted Reggie Bush, but damn. This sucks." Yeah, give the fans what they want. Lose.

.... That why I say NO to David Carr.

Clark Kent
01-11-2006, 02:12 AM
Matt Leinart was smart to stay at USC... Who the **** wants to end up in San Fran? I'd rather go to New Orleans and have Duece McAllister and Joe Horn. Not to mention the biggest issue is QB, which he can fix in two years.

Reggie Bush on the other hand has a similar issue... If he goes into the draft, he's going to the Texans... They have a good RB in Davis, but the O-line sucks and he's getting blown up right away (ala Ricky in 03).

If he stays, he'll be the #1 pick next year. If he leaves he could bust with a team who has no offensive line. Either way, the bonuses will be huge.

cowtowndick
01-11-2006, 02:31 AM
you guys are missing it - i mentioned this here on this site a couple of days ago. he's second guessing coming out because young came out. if it were guaranteed that the texans were taking bush, he would've declared already (he has already said he'd have no problem playing for the texans). but, now that young has declared and a lot of locals in houston are pushing for the texans to pick young, bush sees he'd end up in new orleans, and he doesn't want to go there. it has nothing to do with coming back to win again, or coming back to repeat as heisman winner. he doesn't want to play in new orleans and doesn't want to pull an elway-manning and boycott. the fact that he may have to play for a horrible team has nothing to do with it - he's a top three pick this year or next year, he's stuck with a horrible team no matter which year he's drafted. it's the saints he's trying to avoid - big drop in off the field money, lifestyle, stability. plus, he wouldn't have to play for benson, who's an idiot. and he could avoid looking like a complete jerk by stiffing the city of new orleans when he says he won't play there. looks like he'll leave that to leinhart...

cowtowndick
01-11-2006, 02:38 AM
you guys are missing it - i mentioned this here on this site a couple of days ago. he's second guessing coming out because young came out. if it were guaranteed that the texans were taking bush, he would've declared already (he has already said he'd have no problem playing for the texans). but, now that young has declared and a lot of locals in houston are pushing for the texans to pick young, bush sees he'd end up in new orleans, and he doesn't want to go there. it has nothing to do with coming back to win again, or coming back to repeat as heisman winner. he doesn't want to play in new orleans and doesn't want to pull an elway-manning and boycott. the fact that he may have to play for a horrible team has nothing to do with it - he's a top three pick this year or next year, he's stuck with a horrible team no matter which year he's drafted. it's the saints he's trying to avoid - big drop in off the field money, lifestyle, stability. plus, he wouldn't have to play for benson, who's an idiot. and he could avoid looking like a complete jerk by stiffing the city of new orleans when he says he won't play there. looks like he'll leave that to leinhart...

furthermore...who knows. if he goes back for his senior year, there's still a chance to get drafted by the saints in '07 (who could easily be the worst team in the nfl next year). BUT - they will have had a year to either straighten out their situation in new orleans or move (to san antonio, or maybe even....LOS ANGELES). PLUS, he would be joining a team with matt leinhart at qb, just like old times...how's that for a conspiracy theory....you heard it here first: if bush goes back to usc, tagliube and the powers that be push very hard for the move of the saints to los angeles...something they have already started working on. leinhart and bush, on the same team in L.A. - imagine the marketing possibilities....

Slappy8800
01-11-2006, 02:40 AM
he doesnt wanna go to houston...simple as that....if he turns pro he will pullan eli/elway

PhinSoldia
01-11-2006, 02:55 AM

he went back for ballroom dancing.....No the only reason he didnt want to come out is he didnt like how the top three picks in the Nfl was shaping up and he wanted to party his *** off one more year before he would have to get down for serious work...he was qouted as saying he didnt want to play for the Dolphins already last year. thats why i dont like him and yes it is costing him about 6 or 7 million in contract and bonus money, i would say that is pretty deficient...hindsight is 20/20 but if you see what SF paid Alex Smith...

no excuses Lienhart was stupid for not coming out...he is a kid with a terrible attitude and i hope he gets rocked in the NFL and gets his attitude together before he does any kind of winning

PhinSoldia
01-11-2006, 02:57 AM
furthermore...who knows. if he goes back for his senior year, there's still a chance to get drafted by the saints in '07 (who could easily be the worst team in the nfl next year). BUT - they will have had a year to either straighten out their situation in new orleans or move (to san antonio, or maybe even....LOS ANGELES). PLUS, he would be joining a team with matt leinhart at qb, just like old times...how's that for a conspiracy theory....you heard it here first: if bush goes back to usc, tagliube and the powers that be push very hard for the move of the saints to los angeles...something they have already started working on. leinhart and bush, on the same team in L.A. - imagine the marketing possibilities....

yes but a team will have to be that bad to have the first pick in the draft...who do you know since the draft started had consecutive number 1 pics..

PhinSoldia
01-11-2006, 02:59 AM
Matt Leinart was smart to stay at USC... Who the **** wants to end up in San Fran? I'd rather go to New Orleans and have Duece McAllister and Joe Horn. Not to mention the biggest issue is QB, which he can fix in two years.

Reggie Bush on the other hand has a similar issue... If he goes into the draft, he's going to the Texans... They have a good RB in Davis, but the O-line sucks and he's getting blown up right away (ala Ricky in 03).

If he stays, he'll be the #1 pick next year. If he leaves he could bust with a team who has no offensive line. Either way, the bonuses will be huge.

first of all he had no idea who he was going to this year but he had a cocky *** idea to think he would be going number one again...serves him right....even fi Bush doesnt come out....you could bet your bottom dollar that Young will be first and he go second

PhinSoldia
01-11-2006, 03:01 AM
he should just go.....he doesnt wanna pull a matt lienhart and lower his stock.....Or does he????who knows...

i think he wants to stay because he wants to go out on top but he must realise that USC's day in the sun is over

cowtowndick
01-11-2006, 03:04 AM
yes but a team will have to be that bad to have the first pick in the draft...who do you know since the draft started had consecutive number 1 pics..

cincinnatti - 1994 and 1995. also, san diego has come pretty close - 2001 (traded it to atlanta) and 2004. cleveland did as well, but that was part of their expansion package, i believe.

cowtowndick
01-11-2006, 03:12 AM
cincinnatti - 1994 and 1995. also, san diego has come pretty close - 2001 (traded it to atlanta) and 2004.

also, in reviewing the drafts back to 1982, there were a number of years where teams (cincinnati, indianapolis, a couple more) that had consecutive years where they were in the top three or four, and as we saw this year, there's not much seperating teams in the draft, so it's not inconceivable. if i remember correctly, on this site a year ago there were more than a few threads that were picking the top five teams in the '06 draft, and some guys were pretty accurate. who will finish as the five worst teams in the league next year? the saints have to be on that list.

MiamiFan1354
01-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Got false info, I appologise. Don't kill the messanger..

Dolphins8423
01-12-2006, 10:38 AM
They are getting ready to talk about how he might stay at USC on Mike and Mike in the Morning.

DolfanTom
01-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Just heard on Mike and Mike that Reggie Bush is not going to enter the draft and wants to go back to USC for his final year. Don't know the details, but when they come out, I'll post up..
That would be a surprise! But Leinart went back when he had no reason too, so it's not out of the question. Still, I'd be shocked.

SkapePhin
01-12-2006, 10:40 AM
The Carr for Ricky trade is looking good.

MiamiFan1354
01-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Not the Ricky for Carr trade will be more likely as they will either draft Young or Matt Leinart. Unless they decide to trade the pick, but if they keep it, Carr is most likely gone.

If they were committed to Bush, and he doesn't declair, then they may be willing to trade down..

MiamiFan1354
01-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Ok, Nevermind.. It's Michael Bush.. I don't even know who that is, but they completely misled us..

Dolphins8423
01-12-2006, 10:44 AM
They just said its not Reggie Bush its Michael Bush

LOCAL SCUM!
01-12-2006, 10:45 AM
I dont think the Texans are ready to give up a GOod QB for a guy who's a little cooky and might decide at any moment that he doesnt' even want to play anymore. Then they're stuck without Ricky or Carr.

DolfanTom
01-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Ok, Nevermind.. It's Michael Bush.. I don't even know who that is, but they completely misled us..
That's so Mike and Mike :goof:

I wish I could listen to the whole show each day.

Smoke
01-12-2006, 10:46 AM

:confused:

MiamiFan1354
01-12-2006, 10:48 AM
They said before they went to break that BUSH was going back to school. Then they said this could be the biggest news of the day and that they were going to commercial to get all the details. When they came back, it was Michael Bush... They said it, and I think they thought it was Reggie, but was not.. Someone must have been playing a joke on them..

ELPPHINFAN
01-12-2006, 10:52 AM
NCAA | R. Bush set to declare for NFL Draft
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 06:44:36 -0800

The Los Angeles Daily News reports USC junior RB Reggie Bush will announce he is declaring for the NFL Draft Thursday, Jan. 12. Reportedly, Bush already hired agent Joel Segal to represent him. He is considered a possible No. 1 pick, as the Houston Texans are believed to be interested in him and Texas QB Vince Young.

DBoston80
01-12-2006, 10:55 AM

The Los Angeles Daily News reports USC junior RB Reggie Bush will announce he is declaring for the NFL Draft Thursday, Jan. 12. Reportedly, Bush already hired agent Joel Segal to represent him. He is considered a possible No. 1 pick, as the Houston Texans are believed to be interested in him and Texas QB Vince Young.

Good!!! All I could think of was my man Archie Griffin is no longer gonna be the ONLY 2 time heisman winner!

POTHEAD
01-12-2006, 11:06 AM
If Reggie Stays in College, Without a proven Quaterback on the team he will be given the ball most of the plays and opponets will key on Reggie. Reggie will get hammered. Bad move for Reggie.

HuskerFin
01-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Ok, Nevermind.. It's Michael Bush.. I don't even know who that is, but they completely misled us..I believe hes the running back for Louisville.

DeathStar
01-12-2006, 11:32 AM

wow, what a surprise.............

NaboCane
01-12-2006, 11:42 AM
***All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!***
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

finfan75
01-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Change the Title of this post.

Jnaledu3
01-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Bush has already hired an agent. Hes coming out.

Mauler
01-12-2006, 11:52 AM

:laughat::french:

NaboCane
01-12-2006, 11:54 AM
***All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!***
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

Danny
01-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Got false info, I appologise. Don't kill the messanger..
sorry but I'm gonna have to shoot you..... :tank:

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

fishypete
01-12-2006, 12:36 PM
If Reggie Stays in College, Without a proven Quaterback on the team he will be given the ball most of the plays and opponets will key on Reggie. Reggie will get hammered. Bad move for Reggie.

I agree...with White and Leinart gone....Reggie will have a great big bull's eye on him....he better come out.

BlueFin
01-12-2006, 01:00 PM
I agree...with White and Leinart gone....Reggie will have a great big bull's eye on him....he better come out.

He will come out, but not for the reason you stated, you still don't seem to get that USC now has no problem reloading with premier talent, Thats the benefit a quarterback has at a school like that, Booty will do fine there.

SMadison29
01-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Good!!! All I could think of was my man Archie Griffin is no longer gonna be the ONLY 2 time heisman winner!

Your man Archie Griffin? You weren't even alive when he won those Heismans :lol:

fishypete
01-12-2006, 02:23 PM
He will come out, but not for the reason you stated, you still don't seem to get that USC now has no problem reloading with premier talent, Thats the benefit a quarterback has at a school like that, Booty will do fine there.

Thats just an assumption on your part...or perhaps wishful thinking?

Losing White will hurt USC...Big time...then add a 4 year starter at QB. USC will not be the same.

ckparrothead
01-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Yeah I doubt USC maintains their championship performance next year. Having Dwayne Jarret and Steve Smith there will help but it's not the same as having Leinart, Bush, and White.

SMadison29
01-12-2006, 02:37 PM
:woot:

Very well spoken.

Killer_Dolphins
01-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Is anyone surprised? I didn't think so.

DeathStar
01-12-2006, 02:38 PM
nope. knew that was coming.

MiamiDolphins34
01-12-2006, 02:39 PM
I hope DeAngelo Williams doesnt go to the yets.

305 LoCaL VoCaL
01-12-2006, 02:39 PM
thats good the deeper the draft the better chance we get cutler or jacobs:evil:

SMadison29
01-12-2006, 02:40 PM
I hope DeAngelo Williams doesnt go to the yets.

He's not that great. We could contain him. As long as Reggie doesn't go to the Jets.

MiamiDolphins34
01-12-2006, 02:42 PM
He's not that great. We could contain him. As long as Reggie doesn't go to the Jets.

The 9ers pick before the yets?

DeathStar
01-12-2006, 02:43 PM
thats good the deeper the draft the better chance we get cutler or jacobs:evil:

no way jacobs goes in the first round.

its cutler that is the first round talent.

SMadison29
01-12-2006, 02:43 PM
No. Jets are 4th, 49ers are 6th or 7th (coin flip)

MiamiDolphins34
01-12-2006, 02:45 PM
No. Jets are 4th, 49ers are 6th or 7th (coin flip)

That sucks.I hope the titans draft DeAngelo then.But with Chris Brown and Travis Henry i dont know.

Jimmy James
01-12-2006, 02:47 PM
It's also official that you posted this in the wrong forum. Go read the new guidelines.

SMadison29
01-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Chris Brown is an UFA & Travis Henry is a druggy

MiamiDolphins34
01-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Chris Brown is an UFA & Travis Henry is a druggy

They may let 1 walk but i doubt they let both walk.

ASCII
01-12-2006, 04:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2289825

SMadison29
01-15-2006, 02:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2293458

Extremely smart decision.

paskerbrandon
01-15-2006, 02:37 PM
They are so much better off trading the pick for more draft picks... From a football decision standpoint, this pick would make no sense at all in my opinion... They're better off trading down to #4 or #5 and taking D' Brickashaw....

Jnaledu3
01-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Wow. That just contradicted everything I just posted in another thread..

Either that, or the Texans are opening up the bidding war on Reggie Bush.

SMadison29
01-15-2006, 03:37 PM
The draft is loaded with LTs that the Texans could get one at the top of the 2nd round because either Eric Winston, Jonathan Scott, Andrew Whitworth, or Daryn Colledge (who's a zone type blocker that I'm sure Kubiak will go to). The Texans need offensive talent, Bush is offensive talent. Domanick Davis is just an average NFL back, Bush has a good chance to be great.

paskerbrandon
01-15-2006, 03:58 PM
There is no doubt that Reggie Bush would make any team better, but for this franchise drafting him is simply not a sound strategy.... Bush is a rare athlete who scouts describe as "special" and he can dominate a game with explosive plays as a runner, receiver and return man.... However, with the Texans he will have to split carries with Davis and won't even help out as a kick returner because they already have a Pro Bowler there in rookie Jerome Mathis... If they want to make the flashy pick and appease the fans they will take Bush, but if they want to make the right football decision they would move down for a package of draft picks and take Ferguson... From all accounts it looks like the team plans to select Bush but you have to wonder how much of an impact he will be able to have for this team with precious few weapons around him and limited opportunities to get his hands on the ball.....

Jaj
01-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Certainly he'll go #1 overall now but I assume that the Texans would listen to the Jets if they try to trade up.

SMadison29
01-15-2006, 05:42 PM
However, with the Texans he will have to split carries with Davis and won't even help out as a kick returner because they already have a Pro Bowler there in rookie Jerome Mathis...

Where ever Reggie goes he's gonna end up splitting carries with another back to start his career anyway. Reggie would be 12-15 & Davis would get 10-12, just like we do with Ricky & Ronnie, like the Steelers do with Parker & Bettis. So the reason for not taking him really comes down to "the Texans already have a great kick returner in Jerome Mathis." That's an extremely bad reason. Down the road they would have Domanick Davis as a bargaining chip if they want to hand Reggie the ball more.

fishypete
01-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Just like Saban said to Edwards....LOL.

Jaj
01-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Hmmm... What would the Browns have done if we hadn't picked Brown? Rodgers?

fishypete
01-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Hmmm... What would the Browns have done if we hadn't picked Brown? Rodgers?

Isn't that the fun part?

Jaj
01-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Yep...

vt_dolfan
01-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Looks like the Carr rumors are just that...rumors. Im shocked Houston bypasses Young...if Bush doesnt pan out....its gonna get real ugly in the lone star state.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2293458

scenaria
01-15-2006, 08:48 PM
I just find it hard to believe that any team would commit this early before the draft. Thats just insane..

Mike13
01-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Hmmm intresting.

vt_dolfan
01-15-2006, 08:56 PM
I just find it hard to believe that any team would commit this early before the draft. Thats just insane..

I agree..especially since you could make a case for three differnent players to go #1

Mufasito1124
01-15-2006, 08:59 PM
They should trade down and try to get Brikshaw. Davis isnt a bad back, he just need's some holes to run through