PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Reggie Bush

Pages : [1] 2 3

kastofsna120
11-11-2005, 10:49 PM
....reggie bush stays at USC for another year?

AirFishOne
11-12-2005, 01:09 AM
I will be pissed as hell

LIQUID24
11-12-2005, 09:42 AM
I'll be shocked if he stays. Then again, I was positive Leinart would leave last year.

Why do you ask? I'm not sure what you're getting at...

Caps
11-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Then it would prove a theory that I've long suspected. USC's players are stupid.

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Why do you ask? I'm not sure what you're getting at...
the draft would change completely

BLITZKRIEG
11-28-2005, 01:59 PM
This came from the GangGreen, so there is no link....Sorry.

Reggie Bush Preemptively Refuses To Sign With Jets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES--USC’s Reggie Bush, the nation’s leading Heisman candidate, preemptively refused to sign with the New York Jets this week, even though the draft is months away and there’s no guarantee the Jets would even have the number one pick. Bush said he was making the announcement “out of an abundance of caution.”

“I know I have a chance to be the top pick and the Jets have a chance of having that pick,” he said, “so I just wanted to nip this thing in the bud so it won’t have to get messy. I’m not signing with the Jets. I’m sorry. It’s nothing personal against the city of New York, it’s just that my agent has advised me that it’s not the right fit. Oops…I’m not even supposed to have an agent yet. You didn’t hear that.”

Bush said he also consulted his family and prayed to God about his decision. Everyone, including God, advised him against going to New York.

“I pondered this for a long time. It took a lot of soul searching,” he said. “I didn’t come to this decision lightly. I’m just doing what’s best for me and my family. The Jets have been horrible for a long time. There’s no reason to think that’s ever going to change. And don’t give me that crap about how exciting it is to play in New York. Look at Curtis Martin. Does he look excited to you? Even Herm Edwards wants to leave and go to Kansas City. I can’t imagine a place being so bad that you’d want to leave there to go to Kansas City.”

The Jets are one of a handful of teams that covet Bush and have a legitimate shot of getting him. With Curtis Martin on the downside of his career, the versatile Bush would be a perfect fit for the team and a godsend for quarterback Chad Pennington, who hopes to be healthy again in 2006.

Still, despite Bush’s preemptive refusal, the Jets haven’t ruled out selecting him in the draft.

“We’ll certainly take that into consideration when we are drafting,” said GM Terry Bradway. “However, we could still draft him if we felt it would benefit us somehow. We may be able to work out a trade with some other team. Frankly, I’m a little insulted that he would be so adamantly against coming here. This is New York. The Big Apple. The Big Stage. If you do well here you will have the run of this town. Just look at A-Rod. OK, bad example.”

Bush’s announcement is reminiscent of the one Eli Manning made prior to being selected by the San Diego Chargers. That move sparked a nationwide controversy, but in the end, both sides got what they wanted. However, this is the first time that a player has ever spurned a team in advance.

“It’s pretty embarrassing to have a kid refuse to sign with you when you haven’t even attempted to sign him yet,” Bradway continued. “But that’s the way it is these days. We're down in the dumps right now. A lot of bad things have happened to us. I just thank God that we have Vinny Testaverde to guide us through these rough waters. He's a real calming influence--not just for us, but for the entire division.”

Chad Pennington weighed in on the matter with a call to WFAN sports radio, saying he plans to call Bush himself and ask him to reconsider.

“I think Reggie has a really distorted view of the New York Jets,” Pennington said. “The teams is not that bad. We’re actually in pretty good shape. I mean, if you look past the fact that our head coach is probably going to leave, and that I am injury prone, and that our defense is weary and exhausted from carrying us all year, and we haven’t been successful in, like, a million years, and that the traffic in New York is hell, and that the media is totally insane...if you can look past that, well, you're a better man than I am. ”

Bush, however, has already made up his mind. When told of Pennington’s plan to get in touch with him, he advised him not to bother.

“Dude, don’t call me. Seriously, it’s not going to help,” he said. “I’m well aware of what’s going on with the team. I wish them luck. I harbor no ill will towards the Jest. I’m just not going to play there. If I were the Jets I would select my quarterback, Matt Leinart. He’s really good. What’s more, he’s not terribly bright and will probably go with the first team that picks him.”
--------------------------------------------------------

PHINZ RULE!!!

ether79
11-28-2005, 02:01 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES--USC’s Reggie Bush, the nation’s leading Heisman candidate, preemptively refused to sign with the New York Jets this week, even though the draft is months away and there’s no guarantee the Jets would even have the number one pick. Bush said he was making the announcement “out of an abundance of caution.”

“I know I have a chance to be the top pick and the Jets have a chance of having that pick,” he said, “so I just wanted to nip this thing in the bud so it won’t have to get messy. I’m not signing with the Jets. I’m sorry. It’s nothing personal against the city of New York, it’s just that my agent has advised me that it’s not the right fit. Oops…I’m not even supposed to have an agent yet. You didn’t hear that.”

Bush said he also consulted his family and prayed to God about his decision. Everyone, including God, advised him against going to New York.

“I pondered this for a long time. It took a lot of soul searching,” he said. “I didn’t come to this decision lightly. I’m just doing what’s best for me and my family. The Jets have been horrible for a long time. There’s no reason to think that’s ever going to change. And don’t give me that crap about how exciting it is to play in New York. Look at Curtis Martin. Does he look excited to you? Even Herm Edwards wants to leave and go to Kansas City. I can’t imagine a place being so bad that you’d want to leave there to go to Kansas City.”

The Jets are one of a handful of teams that covet Bush and have a legitimate shot of getting him. With Curtis Martin on the downside of his career, the versatile Bush would be a perfect fit for the team and a godsend for quarterback Chad Pennington, who hopes to be healthy again in 2006.

Still, despite Bush’s preemptive refusal, the Jets haven’t ruled out selecting him in the draft.

“We’ll certainly take that into consideration when we are drafting,” said GM Terry Bradway. “However, we could still draft him if we felt it would benefit us somehow. We may be able to work out a trade with some other team. Frankly, I’m a little insulted that he would be so adamantly against coming here. This is New York. The Big Apple. The Big Stage. If you do well here you will have the run of this town. Just look at A-Rod. OK, bad example.”

Bush’s announcement is reminiscent of the one Eli Manning made prior to being selected by the San Diego Chargers. That move sparked a nationwide controversy, but in the end, both sides got what they wanted. However, this is the first time that a player has ever spurned a team in advance.

“It’s pretty embarrassing to have a kid refuse to sign with you when you haven’t even attempted to sign him yet,” Bradway continued. “But that’s the way it is these days. We're down in the dumps right now. A lot of bad things have happened to us. I just thank God that we have Vinny Testaverde to guide us through these rough waters. He's a real calming influence--not just for us, but for the entire division.”

Chad Pennington weighed in on the matter with a call to WFAN sports radio, saying he plans to call Bush himself and ask him to reconsider.

“I think Reggie has a really distorted view of the New York Jets,” Pennington said. “The teams is not that bad. We’re actually in pretty good shape. I mean, if you look past the fact that our head coach is probably going to leave, and that I am injury prone, and that our defense is weary and exhausted from carrying us all year, and we haven’t been successful in, like, a million years, and that the traffic in New York is hell, and that the media is totally insane...if you can look past that, well, you're a better man than I am. ”

Bush, however, has already made up his mind. When told of Pennington’s plan to get in touch with him, he advised him not to bother.

“Dude, don’t call me. Seriously, it’s not going to help,” he said. “I’m well aware of what’s going on with the team. I wish them luck. I harbor no ill will towards the Jest. I’m just not going to play there. If I were the Jets I would select my quarterback, Matt Leinart. He’s really good. What’s more, he’s not terribly bright and will probably go with the first team that picks him.”

PHINZ RULE!!!

Probably some Jets fan pulling a prank.....
edit: wow, my hangover has made me terribly slow today...thats creative..:lol:

Motion
11-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Everyone, including God, advised him against going to New York.

:lol:

backpacker
11-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Wow, Bush is sounding like a real dick. He insults is his own quarterback?

Dors156
11-28-2005, 02:33 PM
someone probably made it up.He wouldnt say oops im not suppose to have an agent:shakeno:

Nappy Roots
11-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Wow, Bush is sounding like a real dick. He insults is his own quarterback?

someone probably made it up.He wouldnt say oops im not suppose to have an agent:shakeno:

:www:

:foundout:

BLITZKRIEG
11-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Sorry guys, it's a fraud. It was a Bills fan who wrote it....

Sorry, I thought it was legit...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Motion
11-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Wow, pretty clever for a Bills fan.

ether79
11-28-2005, 02:53 PM

There is an exception to every rule..

BLITZKRIEG
11-28-2005, 03:09 PM

I was thinking the same....

Maybe he's a Floridian transplant stuck in hell....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Buddwalk
11-28-2005, 03:20 PM
lmfao :rofl3:

Agent51
11-28-2005, 07:04 PM

Exactly, that would be in direct violation of NCAA rules and he'd get banned from the UCLA game and the bowl game, or SHOULD, if that were true.

Agent51
11-28-2005, 07:07 PM
OK, I have been seeing all this talk of where Reggie does/doesn't want to play and where he will go in the draft etc etc. My question is: has he officially declared yet? If so, does anyone have a link to an article or somthing? I mean, I've been reall busy with traveling and packing to move to Hawai'i for the winter and stuff but I haven't heard anything about him declaring, and I would assume if he did it'd be all over sports sites and in the newspapers/magazines and on sportscenter and best damn... etc etc.

Prime
11-28-2005, 07:23 PM
I bet ya that the Jets fans was calling him out when they first heard this. Then after they knew it was a joke, they prob started to praise him again. :lol:

ether79
11-28-2005, 07:25 PM
I bet ya that the Jets fans was calling him out when they first heard this. Then after they knew it was a joke, they prob started to praise him again. :lol:

Jets fans----:grouplaug

LIQUID24
11-28-2005, 07:34 PM
He hasn't declared yet.

Agent51
11-28-2005, 08:24 PM
He hasn't declared yet.

Thank you, that's what I thought, lol. I was going crazy thinking he declared and I comepletley missed it. Personally I think he will declare. I saw him on Best Damn Sports Show Period when they replayed the USC/Fresno game and he was doing commentray with em. He is SO cocky. Not even confident, COCKY. Chris was like "wow, that was simply AMAZING Reggie man" (talking about the "stop and go" run he had) and Bush was like "That wasn't even my best" blah blah blah. He went on to say he had nasty runs like that all the time in high school so it's nothing new. It's funny because HIGH SCHOOL and COLLEGE are completely different levels of play. I have seen a LOT of Reggie Bush games and that has to be in the top 3 plays I've ever seen, probably the #1 play. He is so cocky though, I ende dup changing the channel because he seemed so full of himself. Yea, he's pretty damn good, but still, he reminds me of what T.O. would have been in college had he been outspoken then too. I see Reggie leaving now for the NFL because he isn't a humble "school first" guy, or a guy that will stay in for more experience because he acts like he is already better than everyone in the NFL. I also see him holding out and ending up a money-hungry guy like T.O., always in some sort of contract dispute. I could be wrong but that is just the impression he gives me right now.

tylerdolphin
11-28-2005, 09:45 PM
I cant believe that some people believed this LOL

backpacker
11-28-2005, 10:04 PM
I figured it was fake, I mean who insults their own QB?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/11/Terrell20owens-1.jpg

SMadison29
11-28-2005, 11:38 PM
A lot of you are gullible.

Batman13
11-28-2005, 11:55 PM
ROTFLMAO!! That is great!

tucker
11-29-2005, 12:19 AM
LOL@the idiots who thought this was real...i mean come on!

SMadison29
11-29-2005, 12:50 AM
Most players wait until after their final game to declare, though many of them have their decision leaked during their final game.

The only two juniors to officially declare are Purdue's SS Bernard Pollard & DE Ray Edwards, both are 2nd rounders.

finfansince72
11-29-2005, 12:59 AM
It would be shock if he doesnt declare for the draft. He already has a title, is going to win a Heisman, its time to take it to the next level. Who knows, Leinart went back for another carefree year at college but smart money says this guy come out.

FinNasty
11-29-2005, 04:51 AM
Reggie will definatly declare this year...

he is a RB. The shelf-life is short so the sooner he gets in the NFL, the better. Plus... there is NO WAY his stock could possible get higher than now. Plus, with the pounding that RBs take, the likelyhood for injury is high.

If he didnt come out... it would be the dumbest thing he ever did...

byroan
11-29-2005, 04:56 AM
What would help us out more..Bush declaring or staying?

K-train
11-29-2005, 04:42 PM
:rofl3:@ division rivals!

Legendary
11-29-2005, 06:15 PM

lol...that is a really good and well written article. Except for that one qoute about not having an agent it was believable

Agent51
11-29-2005, 10:15 PM
What would help us out more..Bush declaring or staying?

Help us out in terms of what? If you mean a shot a Leinart than I would have to say Reggie coming out would help us, since we figure to be pretty high and I see Reggie going before Matt, means he is a little closer to us and we don't have to trade up so far should we try to get him. That high in the first round you have to give up so much (usually) just to move up ONE spot, especially when a talent like Bush/Leinart is on the board.

Caps
11-29-2005, 10:39 PM
The more talent there is in the draft the better. A good player is more likely to be bumped down to us if Bush or whoever take up picks.

daniel3
11-29-2005, 11:41 PM
"thebrushback" is the site that this originated from.

byroan
11-30-2005, 12:37 AM
Help us out in terms of what? If you mean a shot a Leinart than I would have to say Reggie coming out would help us, since we figure to be pretty high and I see Reggie going before Matt, means he is a little closer to us and we don't have to trade up so far should we try to get him. That high in the first round you have to give up so much (usually) just to move up ONE spot, especially when a talent like Bush/Leinart is on the board.

Help us out in general.

The more talent there is in the draft the better. A good player is more likely to be bumped down to us if Bush or whoever take up picks.

That's the answer I was looking for. ;)

harman097
11-30-2005, 09:59 AM
lol, i'm gonna pat a bills fan on the back for that one, that was good

Oboy
11-30-2005, 02:32 PM
I only wish it was a real story. I like any insult to the Jets.

I just really hope they don't get him.

dolphan117
11-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Wow, that was funny.

dominizzo
12-01-2005, 01:21 AM
Everyone would love to play in NYC im sure Bush would play anywhere what B.S!!!

Roman529
12-02-2005, 03:51 AM
For the right right bling bling I am sure Reggie would play anywhere....I could tell it was a fake report.

HysterikiLL
12-03-2005, 07:36 PM
I just turned on this USC/UCLA game (thought it didn't start for another hour) and at half time I thought I saw that he has over 200 rushing yards....is this kid for real? Good lord.

P.S. TEXAS FIGHT woo we're going to the Nat. Champ baby!!

BlitPhinFan
12-03-2005, 07:47 PM
I just turned on this USC/UCLA game (thought it didn't start for another hour) and at half time I thought I saw that he has over 200 rushing yards....is this kid for real? Good lord.

P.S. TEXAS FIGHT woo we're going to the Nat. Champ baby!!

You saw it right. 18 carries for 228 yards in the first half.:)

Prime
12-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Bush is going to be a top RB in the NFL IMO. Whoever gets him will be very happy for years to come. I think that the Packers will grab him in the draft and let Green walk in FA. Either Favre or Rodgers will need a RB to throw it off for big gains. I doubt that the Texans would want him since they do have Davis and Davis is a guy who can get 1,000 yards a year.

harman097
12-08-2005, 05:26 PM
If you haven't seen the reggie bush highschool highlight video on espn.com go watch it now!!! (the "its 619 all the time" video) I was just curious as to what you thought of this video in comparison with the Noel Devine video all over the internet. They are both ridiculously disgustiong. I'd have to say Bush looks faster but Devine has better moves if thats even possible.

kastofsna120
12-08-2005, 06:24 PM
devine doesn't have better moves. he doesn't make much moves at all in a lot of the runs in his video. just a TON of self-created hype

jnewmant
12-08-2005, 06:47 PM
i have to admit i'm alot more impressed by bush's video than devine's, devine does have some good runs on his vid but i've been to alot of high school games and i've seen some other running backs have the same runs. I've never let me repeat never seen anybody move like reggie bush before

Agent51
12-08-2005, 07:06 PM
i have to admit i'm alot more impressed by bush's video than devine's, devine does have some good runs on his vid but i've been to alot of high school games and i've seen some other running backs have the same runs. I've never let me repeat never seen anybody move like reggie bush before

That video is NASTY, how fast IS Reggie Bush? God Damn.

Buddwalk
12-08-2005, 07:35 PM
dude tons of rbs in hs look like that...when they do it in college like bush is doing then the hype can be what it is ;)

For example

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1200470

LeSean McCoy who my grandma actually knows well kid helps out at the american legion and his mom goes there alot and my grandma is a commander there or some crap like that. Anyway that kid plays at bishop mcdevitt i went to a game this year against central dauphin and the kid had like 300 yards rushing and 3 tds. Very impressive ;)

phinphan896
12-10-2005, 02:33 PM
you have to remember that this is video of noel devine as a freshmen in HS while Bush's video was fro when he was a senior.

kastofsna120
12-10-2005, 02:58 PM
devine was a sophomore actually

he wasn't nearly as good his junior year

harman097
12-11-2005, 08:00 PM
if you watch the video in 23ronnie23's sig he most definetely has some pretty sick moves. i dont think he has the speed of bush but hes gonna make headlines in college and they wont be along the lines of "Devine cant live up to the hype".

SMadison29
12-12-2005, 01:02 AM
Bush wins Heisman; NFL next!!! For those that spent the weekend on another planet, Southern California junior RB Reggie Bush won this year’s Heisman Trophy by a wide margin over a pair of QBs: USC teammate Matt Leinart and Texas junior Vince Young. It probably doesn’t mean much, but Bush had been quoted as saying he would definitely be declaring for the 2006 draft if he indeed was awarded the Heisman. He did sound a little like someone ready to move to the next level after accepting the trophy when he was quoted at at a post-victory news conference at a Manhattan restaurant saying that he “loved the whole East Coast atmosphere. I can definitely see myself playing here, playing for the New York Jets. Of course, that was before the Jets dismantled the Raiders Sunday, in effect playing themselves out of contention for the #1 pick this year. .

kastofsna120
12-12-2005, 01:16 AM
oh, you mean bush didn't actually say he refuses to play for the jets? heavens no

seriously, if anyone believes the original post, then....................wow

dominizzo
12-12-2005, 04:33 AM
New york that is where Reggie would prob goo hed like it there some is smoking ganga on gang green

Motion
12-12-2005, 06:31 AM
Doesn't really matter now that they won yesterday.

Bjorn
12-12-2005, 05:39 PM

PHINZ RULE!!!

i don't think that's right, after he won the heisman i heard that he said he liked the east coast and that he liked the city of New York.

And why would he state that he already has an agent, that is just foolish.

kastofsna120
12-12-2005, 06:04 PM
lmao

dominizzo
12-12-2005, 06:54 PM
lmaoyou know now that Leinart will be a titan dont you

kastofsna120
12-12-2005, 06:56 PM
don't the titans have 5 wins now? they'll be out of shot from leinart

Motion
12-12-2005, 11:12 PM
you know now that Leinart will be a titan dont you

Apparently you don't. :lol: Check the recent draft order.

BAMAPHIN 22
12-14-2005, 01:28 PM
The Heisman Trophy winner has a little more than a month to decide whether he'll enter the NFL draft or become the second straight junior from Southern California to pass up a chance to be the No. 1 pick and go back to school.

But it's not as if Bush can spend the holiday season weighing the pros and cons, pondering the biggest decision of his young life. There's still a national championship game for which Bush must prepare.

For now, he's putting his future on hold.

"I won't think about it until after this Rose Bowl game," he said Saturday after becoming the third USC player to win the Heisman in the last four years. "We've got our work cut out for us with Texas."

Bush and Trojans quarterback Matt Leinart, last year's Heisman winner, play Texas for the national title on Jan. 4, marking another historic moment for the USC dynasty. Never before have Heisman Trophy winners played together in a college game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=As54ErFfU4.NKImmOr2toAocvrYF?slug=ap-heisman-bush&prov=ap&type=lgns

Dolphin1184
12-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Nothing like sticking it up to the teams and Media expecting him to declare :D

Alex44
12-14-2005, 02:10 PM
if he doesnt come out every single NFL team with a bad record winces in pain

He will almost for sure come out though

Philter25
12-14-2005, 02:11 PM
I can name 50 million reasons why he should come out.........

Caps
12-14-2005, 04:09 PM
If he doesn't declare, then he is officially the dumbest POS to ever walk the face of the earth.

Nappy Roots
12-14-2005, 04:13 PM
If he doesn't declare, then he is officially the dumbest POS to ever walk the face of the earth.

Matt Leinart did the same thing, how is bush the "dumbest POS ever to walk the face of the earth", and Leinart isnt right now?

Caps
12-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Matt Leinart did the same thing, how is bush the "dumbest POS ever to walk the face of the earth", and Leinart isnt right now?

Well, I personally think that Leinart is as well, but regardless, at the RB position, every snap could possibly be your last. The risk of injury, serious or not, is exponentially greater at RB than it is at QB. So for him to pass up being the #1 pick in the draft to come back and play a Senior year where he could break his leg, tear an ACL, etc. every time he takes a handoff, it would qualify as him being a dumb POS in my book.

Nappy Roots
12-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Well, I personally think that Leinart is as well, but regardless, at the RB position, every snap could possibly be your last. The risk of injury, serious or not, is exponentially greater at RB than it is at QB. So for him to pass up being the #1 pick in the draft to come back and play a Senior year where he could break his leg, tear an ACL, etc. every time he takes a handoff, it would qualify as him being a dumb POS in my book.

i think its dumb to. but its happend many many times. so....

Buddwalk
12-14-2005, 06:08 PM
if he doesnt come out lendale white is a guarenteed top 20 pick then ;)

SMadison29
12-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Reggie recently took out an insurance policy on himself for the bowl game. Underclassmen who aren't leaving early don't usually take out a multimillion dollar insurance policy on themselves, unless their family is loaded, which Reggie's isn't. He's most definitely leaving.

Nappy Roots
12-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Reggie recently took out an insurance policy on himself for the bowl game. Underclassmen who aren't leaving early don't usually take out a multimillion dollar insurance policy on themselves, unless their family is loaded, which Reggie's isn't. He's most definitely leaving.

i bet he remembers McGahee being that smart and then that injury. that was pretty smart of both them.

Packer Fan
12-14-2005, 07:19 PM
I think Reggie will go to NFL

dominizzo
12-14-2005, 09:40 PM
hes to NFL ready

Kobe
12-22-2005, 02:33 AM
Do you think Reggie Bush will have a Great NFL Career, Above Average, Average, Below Average, or Poor Career?

Personally I think Above Average, because I think he is hyped more than normal, but he still has amazing skills.

kastofsna120
12-22-2005, 03:04 AM
i can't see him as an everydown back

DonShula84
12-22-2005, 03:06 AM
i can't see him as an everydown back

I used to feel the same way actually. He is bigger than I orginally thought though so Im not so sure he cant anymore.

Agent51
12-22-2005, 06:05 AM
OK, we all know it's pretty obvious he's coming out, but here is an article I just read on ESPN.com about Reggie talking to agents to hire:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2267137

Personally I think that's just wrong. Even if the entire team knows he's going I think he should be waiting til after the Rose Bowl to start the interviews. It shows lack offocus on the game if he is having THAT many interviews already. There almost 4 months til the draft after the January 4th Rose Bowl, save that stuff for then because some people may get the idea that he is more focused on his agent/future NFL career/huge payday than on the game, whether that is the cas eor not.

Caps
12-22-2005, 09:31 AM
He doesn't have the greatest height/weight ratio, so I'm really not sure if he can take 20+ carries every game. I mean, he rarely even gets touched on a lot of plays, it's not going to be like that in the NFL. Some enormous linebacker is going to be laying him out every play. He'd be a great compliment to Frank Gore...

Kobe
12-23-2005, 12:12 PM
He doesn't have the greatest height/weight ratio, so I'm really not sure if he can take 20+ carries every game. I mean, he rarely even gets touched on a lot of plays, it's not going to be like that in the NFL. Some enormous linebacker is going to be laying him out every play. He'd be a great compliment to Frank Gore...

I wanna see him try to juke Zach and ZT just lay him out :tongue:

Buddwalk
12-23-2005, 01:47 PM
I said great...but you never know college and the nfl are two very different things and he could have more success at one team then another for instance if he goes to a team like the texans or the 49ers hes not gonna be too great right off the bat cause of there bad offensive lines.

Alex44
12-23-2005, 01:51 PM
I just think he is going to have problems going up the middle

he isnt really what you would call a power back, and the holes in college are way bigger than in the pro's, in college he rarely gets touched through the hole up the middle, and when he gets to the second level of the defense he is the most dangerous back in college

If he goes to a team with a great O-line he will be above average, but a team with a decent/poor O-line he may disapoint just due to all the hype

Motion
12-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Size could be a problem. All depends what kinda system he's put into.

RunningBackGuru
12-25-2005, 01:23 PM
http://media.putfile.com/bigreggiestyle

This kid is truly amazing. This is just an amazing video, check it out guys!

kastofsna120
12-25-2005, 01:40 PM
you can see leinart hitting him deep in stride several times, too :dolphins:

cnc66
12-25-2005, 01:47 PM
man, you are correct about it being amazing...except for that damned "Kill Bill" song. Thanks for sharing it with us !
Merry Christmas !

Buddwalk
12-25-2005, 01:57 PM
kids got amazing speed and amazing moves...in the nfl hes marshall faulk ;)

SMadison29
12-25-2005, 05:11 PM
you can see leinart hitting him deep in stride several times, too :dolphins:

You can see Leinart lighting someone up on a block too.

kastofsna120
12-26-2005, 01:08 AM
You can see Leinart lighting someone up on a block too.
yeah, i have no clue why i never saw that before. incredible

Agent51
12-26-2005, 01:41 AM
yeah, i have no clue why i never saw that before. incredible

Jay Feidler has thrown some good blocks too, doesn't make him incredible :D

saves
12-26-2005, 12:06 PM

We could probably make him look like a star in a highlight video. It would end up being pretty short though.

kastofsna120
12-26-2005, 12:12 PM
yes it does

saves
12-26-2005, 12:24 PM
Just watched that video, boy is that kid a freak. I wonder if he can get away with some of that dancing in the pro's, if so, lets hope to god the Jets don't get him. Or anyone in the AFC for that matter.

RunningBackGuru
12-26-2005, 12:43 PM
We could probably make him look like a star in a highlight video. It would end up being pretty short though.

:lol: Pretty short indeed.

banzaitrey
12-26-2005, 03:40 PM
One thing i noticed thats not a big deal is that he doesn't change the ball from hand to hand when he is on one side of the field or the other...That can be coached easily though

FuturePhin
12-27-2005, 02:10 AM
I been doing some thinking. We all know that Reggie Bush is going to be very hot prospect when the draft roles around. The majority of the teams would love to have him on the team. *Remember I know we dont need him* but would it be smart to trade up and get him, and work a deal with another team? Would we get more in return then what we would have to give to trade up to get him? It would be an interesting way to move up, get more pics, and land a top 3 pick along with much more and land the top qb prospect that we need. Thoughts?

Phin_Phan
12-27-2005, 02:13 AM
If we traded high enough to get Bush then I think we would probably have a great chance of getting Leinart, so I dont really think the idea works.

FuturePhin
12-27-2005, 02:21 AM
If we traded high enough to get Bush then I think we would probably have a great chance of getting Leinart, so I dont really think the idea works.

No doubt, but if we get up and grab Bush, and the 2nd and 3rd overall pick want him(Bidding war), we get back and much more imo for what it took to get up this high, along with grabing Leinart with the 2nd-3rd overall. Its a win win but everything would have to fall right.

Danny
12-27-2005, 02:22 AM
I been doing some thinking. We all know that Reggie Bush is going to be very hot prospect when the draft roles around. The majority of the teams would love to have him on the team. *Remember I know we dont need him* but would it be smart to trade up and get him, and work a deal with another team? Would we get more in return then what we would have to give to trade up to get him? It would be an interesting way to move up, get more pics, and land a top 3 pick along with much more and land the top qb prospect that we need. Thoughts?
So you think we should move up so that we can then move down.... :shakeno: btw, there's no way we can move up into the top spot without giving south beach, the orangebowl, the airport and the Marino statue in return.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

FuturePhin
12-27-2005, 02:28 AM
So you think we should move up so that we can then move down.... :shakeno: btw, there's no way we can move up into the top spot without giving south beach, the orangebowl, the airport and the Marino statue in return.

Ozzy rules!!

It sounds very weird but lets say we give up south beach, orange bowl, etc which it would take. I think people are going to go crazy over Reggie. If we somehow get him and give up our first, etc, think of what we can get back if we drop down one or two? First this year..First next...players involved...etc etc. We would gain a full state in rebuilding this Team imo.

Danny
12-27-2005, 02:46 AM
It sounds very weird but lets say we give up south beach, orange bowl, etc which it would take. I think people are going to go crazy over Reggie. If we somehow get him and give up our first, etc, think of what we can get back if we drop down one or two? First this year..First next...players involved...etc etc. We would gain a full state in rebuilding this Team imo.
I just don't get your math....you think that we could move into the top spot by giving less than what another team would have to give us to move into that same spot, only that team is closer to the top than we are.... :french:

Ozzy rules!!

TotoreMexico
12-27-2005, 03:05 AM

:hmmm:

Mrcarciero
12-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Who is the better running back?

Mrcarciero
12-27-2005, 03:47 AM

Cool Calm Mike
12-27-2005, 03:49 AM
What are we basing this on? :confused:

Aqua4Ever04
12-27-2005, 03:50 AM
Repost in a year and ill tell ya

Mrcarciero
12-27-2005, 03:52 AM
What are we basing this on? :confused:

On who is the better running back!!!! Meaning everything that a running back does. Running blocking catching.......etc

Mrcarciero
12-27-2005, 03:53 AM
Repost in a year and ill tell ya

ok, so who was better in college?

Cool Calm Mike
12-27-2005, 03:55 AM

LOL :sidelol:

PhinSoldia
12-27-2005, 03:58 AM
cant tell till he puts on a nfl jersey and runs

FuturePhin
12-27-2005, 03:58 AM
I just don't get your math....you think that we could move into the top spot by giving less than what another team would have to give us to move into that same spot, only that team is closer to the top than we are.... :french:

Ozzy rules!!

Im saying we could move into the top spot by 1st this year, Ricky and a 1st next year(just for example) Its alot to give, but when you think about what another team would give if they lost out on the running for him, teams could get desperate. For example..1st this year etc etc etc. The pics could add up to be quite useful.

Aqua4Ever04
12-27-2005, 03:59 AM

lol is that a serious question?

Reggie Bush is among the likes of O.J Simpson and Marcus Allen

Mrcarciero
12-27-2005, 04:00 AM
cant tell till he puts on a nfl jersey and runs

Common guys!!! A simple answer please. Its not like ronnie has been playing in the nfl for 10 years. Compare Ronnie last year and Bush this year.

Mrcarciero
12-27-2005, 04:01 AM

I didnt know he was that much better! Thanx for a real response

FuturePhin
12-27-2005, 04:02 AM
Reggie in college. Who knows about pros.

Aqua4Ever04
12-27-2005, 04:03 AM
Im assuming you dont watch ANY college football

Mrcarciero
12-27-2005, 04:04 AM
Im assuming you dont watch ANY college football

No, not much.

Aqua4Ever04
12-27-2005, 04:05 AM
OK well then yea, Reggie Bush IMO is the greatest college RB of all time

nopony
12-27-2005, 04:07 AM
I love Ronnie Brown. He has a chance to be a great, great back. He's already really good.

But Reggie Bush is other worldly. And I hate USC.

Reggie Bush should be the best back to come out of the draft since at least LT. And quite possibly better than that. He is very, very special.

Mrcarciero
12-27-2005, 04:08 AM
OK well then yea, Reggie Bush IMO is the greatest college RB of all time

I just saw one of the video clips on the college board and im freaking out!!!!!

Aqua4Ever04
12-27-2005, 04:10 AM
I just saw one of the video clips on the college board and im freaking out!!!!!

No personal attack or anything but how old are you?

Mrcarciero
12-27-2005, 04:13 AM
No personal attack or anything but how old are you?

28, Ive been following the nfl for 15 years but I live in Montreal, Canada where nfl and especially college football is not that popular.

Aqua4Ever04
12-27-2005, 04:16 AM
oic, i just got the impression that you were a lot younger because you really cant miss bush here in the states

foozool13
12-27-2005, 05:00 AM
I'll tell you what ... If im in a tight spot and need a big play I'd rather have ronnie brown any day. This guy has truly given me no reason to doubt him in any way as a RB in EVERY GAME.

"Second pick in the draft? He looks like it. He looks like probably as good as any player to come into the league this year, probably the best back that I've seen since [LaDainian] Tomlinson, in terms of her young backs that we've faced."
-Bill Belichick http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=13839&pcid=41

nopony
12-27-2005, 06:31 AM
I'll tell you what ... If im in a tight spot and need a big play I'd rather have ronnie brown any day. This guy has truly given me no reason to doubt him in any way as a RB in EVERY GAME.

I love Ronnie Brown, but I don't think you'd find too many people outside of Miami that agree with you. And not all that many IN Miami.

Did you watch much Reggie Bush this year?

34isback
12-27-2005, 06:37 AM
I think Bush is faster, and Brown's speed was overrated

DonShula84
12-27-2005, 06:46 AM
I think Bush is faster, and Brown's speed was overrated

You think Bush is faster? Way to go out on a limb w/ that. I think the world is round.

Bush was by far the better college player, that doesnt mean he will turn out to be a better pro.

nlp0121
12-27-2005, 06:51 AM
There are tons of great RB's in college that don't do squat in the pros.
Ki-Jana Carter
Rashaan Salaam
Ricky Ervins
and on and on...

Reggie Bush has all the potential in the world, but the one concern about him is can he be the guy that carries it 25+ times, or will he turn into a Westbrook or even like an Eric Metcalf...A lot of people seem to forget that he is splitting carries as well, with White (who holds USC's all time TD record, by the way).

HysterikiLL
12-27-2005, 06:57 AM
I love Ronnie Brown, but I don't think you'd find too many people outside of Miami that agree with you. And not all that many IN Miami.

Did you watch much Reggie Bush this year?

The difference is that as good as USC and Bush are, the NCAA never will be the NFL and only time will tell as to if Bush's talent will translate. I personally think that his ability to cut and maintain strength and quickness in his bursts will be somewhat depleted by the fact NFL defenses are far more athletic and powerful than the Pac-10. I still feel he has the potential to be one of the greatest backs of all-time -- He just has that intangible quality, but I'd take what we know now with Brown over the risk of bringing in a Bush in the future.

nlp0121
12-27-2005, 07:01 AM
The difference is that as good as USC and Bush are, the NCAA never will be the NFL and only time will tell as to if Bush's talent will translate. I personally think that his ability to cut and maintain strength and quickness in his bursts will be somewhat depleted by the fact NFL defenses are far more athletic and powerful than the Pac-10. I still feel he has the potential to be one of the greatest backs of all-time -- He just has that intangible quality, but I'd take what we know now with Brown over the risk of bringing in a Bush in the future.

Stop making intelligent posts. I'm not supposed to be this agreeable in the morning.
:D

jlfin
12-27-2005, 07:37 AM

How would you know? Have you ever seen either of them play? I would like to see how good Bush is when he has to actually read blocks. He seems like a good player, but on the other hand when I watch USC play the O-line dominates. I have rarely seen defenders in the backfield. In fact, on most plays no one is near Bush until he's 5-10 yds past the line of scrimmage. The holes won't be that big in the NFL and I'm not sure he duplicate that success in the pros.
He's either going to be another Marcus Allen or he's going to be another Eric Metcalf (situational player).

jlfin
12-27-2005, 07:39 AM
There are tons of great RB's in college that don't do squat in the pros.
Ki-Jana Carter
Rashaan Salaam
Ricky Ervins
and on and on...

Reggie Bush has all the potential in the world, but the one concern about him is can he be the guy that carries it 25+ times, or will he turn into a Westbrook or even like an Eric Metcalf...A lot of people seem to forget that he is splitting carries as well, with White (who holds USC's all time TD record, by the way).

2 words- Archie Griffin (2 time Heisman trophy winner who did nothing in the pros).

SCall13
12-27-2005, 07:40 AM
Who looked like the better player in college? Reggie Bush. Who will be the better pro? Noone knows yet.

phinsfan4life1
12-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Who is the better running back?I can't tell you. We first have to see Reggie in the NFL..

popularwar
12-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Who was better in college?
Let's see.... one won the Heisman.
The other....

No, that's enough to answer your question.

Hasta
12-27-2005, 10:34 AM

Maybe we should let him play at least a down in the NFL before we start reserving space in Canton.

kastofsna120
12-27-2005, 11:00 AM
brown > bush

hunter5nc1
12-27-2005, 11:09 AM
brown > bush

What does IMAO mean?

flintsilver7
12-27-2005, 11:24 AM
This is utterly ridiculous. The hype surrounding Bush is unbelievable. He's already been heralded as the next Gale Sayers. He's already got a bust in Canton. The sports media is already referring to the draft as "The Reggie Bush Sweepstakes" and practically suggesting teams should be losing out to get him.

The guy is very talented. However, he wasn't all that spectacular his first two years given his team. This year, he's faced the rushing defenses of Hawaii (98th), Arkansas (36th), Oregon (40th), Arizona State (91st), Arizona (93rd), Notre Dame (26th), Washington (50th), Washington State (66th), Stanford (69th), California (25th), Fresno State (56th), and UCLA (117th - dead last). So while most of these teams couldn't stop Reggie Bush, they couldn't stop anybody else either. Bush doesn't break many tackles - he hasn't had to. He's a talented player, but coming from USC it's got to be hard not to.

I've watched Bush play a number of times. The guy should be getting 10 yards a carry (as he usually does) because that's the first time he gets hit! This year, I'd rather have DeAngelo Williams or Laurence Maroney. Talented guys, but guys who know how to work for yards as well. Larry Johnson is starting to tear it up in the NFL much like he did in college. Bush is a bit small. Johnson is built like a Mack truck and has great speed - when he averaged 7.7 YPC in 2002, he had to break a lot of tackles to get there. He didn't have an all-pro offensive line.

Johnson was labeled just another Penn State bust. Now he's among the league's best in running backs. In 2002, Penn State did not have a real passing threat. Johnson was the offense. This year, USC has a sickeningly talented offense. EVERYBODY on that offense looks better. Bush, White, Leinart, Jarrett - they all work together. You think Bush is going to succeed on the Jets? Fat chance. Among the 1,000 yard rushers in Division I-A, you know who is second in yards per carry? LenDale White. Hey, isn't he on USC too? I wonder where that comes from.

tay0365
12-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Actually in all truth POTENTIALLY, Bush could be one of the best RB to ever play the game, but (No disrespect to all that are already giving him that title) he still has to prove it on the NFL field. In the NFL he could end up being a stiff after having an amazing college career just like....Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana Carter, Lawrence Phillips, Ron Dayne, Tyrone Wheatley, Curtis Enis, Rashaan Salaam, George Rogers....

All those RB and many more were thought to be quality RBs, and a few like Thomas, Carter, Phillips, Rogers, were thought to be all world RBs would be can't lose franchise backs when they were coming (Just like Bush). All it takes is one good hit, laziness in the nfl, or self doubt, and they become ordinary very quick, because in the NFL you will not get by on just the talent you have in college, you will have to bring up even more, and work hard to continue to succeed.

arsenal
12-27-2005, 11:29 AM
bush is a great player, but ive kinda gotten sick of his hype too... i mean when you have a team as talented all around as that one its hard not to look good...

but ima say bush this season was the better college player than ronnie... but that doesn't mean anything... jj arrington was the better college player than ronnie last year too, and we see where that has gone so far...

bush is kinda small and i wonder if he bulks up how it'll effect his speed... i dont know, the hype has gotten a little crazy if you ask me...

Shamboubou
12-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Man I'm like anybody else, you watch Bush's highlights and you are amazed at what he does. He looks like he is going to be a great back. But going along the same lines as the post above about the types of competition he has faced. Look at the holes that he has to run through. Keith Traylor could run for 1000 yards going through those holes. I dont think he's going to get that same kind of look in the NFL. His game might just be that good, but until he is running against some linebackers that are just as fast as him, and running through some small windows, I'll take Ronnie.

kastofsna120
12-27-2005, 11:32 AM
This is utterly ridiculous. The hype surrounding Bush is utterly unbelievable.
utterly twice in the first two sentences is a nice way to start a post

flintsilver7
12-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Keith Traylor could run for 1000 yards going through those holes.

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

I'd pay good money to see that.

Smacks
12-27-2005, 11:41 AM
The pro running back of course, not a peon in college especially when he is surrounded by the best talent in college...

SMH@ some of these questions

Buddwalk
12-27-2005, 12:56 PM
no clue reggie made the most of his carries but ronnie is a tank in the nfl we'll see ;)

Mindwarp
12-27-2005, 12:57 PM
:lol: @ this thread. Who cares really we have 2 stud Horses in our backfield now.

RunningBackGuru
12-27-2005, 01:12 PM

Bush dominated this year. (Go check out a video of him I posted in the College section). It is impossible to say who was better in college because Ronnie had to share the load. Bush was of course a lot more sucessfull, but he had more carries.

NawlinsBucFan
12-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Bush dominated this year. (Go check out a video of him I posted in the College section). It is impossible to say who was better in college because Ronnie had to share the load. Bush was of course a lot more sucessfull, but he had more carries.

Bush had to share the load with Lendale White but has been good enough to keep all eyes locked on him. White is no slouch, but Bush is CRAZY!

BALLS DEEP
12-27-2005, 01:39 PM

And, Ronnie is like a Marshall Faulk.

BlueFin
12-27-2005, 01:47 PM

He's not among the likes of anything until he does it at the NFL level, many a flashy player have looked incredible versus the weaker overall talent level of college football.

Its a question that really can't be answered right now, its easy to say Reggie Bush had a greater college career, but, he also didn't have to split carries with Cadilac Williams. He also had the luxury of playing with a great college QB and a probable 3 time national champ. team around him.

Preacher Man
12-27-2005, 02:12 PM

Like the others have said, it is impossible to compare. We will have to wait and see until Bush gets into the NFL, plain and simple.

I also think it will be very hard for Bush to live up to this hype, its iridiculous. ESPN did a piece comparing him to Gale Sayers! C'mon!, the guy is still in college on an absoulutely loaded team...

FinFan Brazil
12-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Look at the holes that he has to run through. Keith Traylor could run for 1000 yards going through those holes.

:sidelol:

very good post dude

Motion
12-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Common guys!!! A simple answer please. Its not like ronnie has been playing in the nfl for 10 years. Compare Ronnie last year and Bush this year.

Bush didn't share a backfield with an All-American RB either.

Motion
12-27-2005, 02:38 PM

In USC history maybe.

Alex44
12-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Personally id take Ronnie

Ronnie is bigger, he's still fast, he finishes runs very well, he gives a blow to the defender rather than just taking hits, he blocks well and he can catchs

Bush is fast, but will he put the same moves on NFL defenders? Will he be able to pass block? Does he have the size? There are more question marks than people think

I guess I just have to wait to see bush put on an nfl jersey and run

Motion
12-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Bush had to share the load with Lendale White but has been good enough to keep all eyes locked on him. White is no slouch, but Bush is CRAZY!

So your comapring LenDale White to Caddy? From a Bucs fan no less? :eek: Wow

DonShula84
12-27-2005, 06:02 PM
So your comapring LenDale White to Caddy? From a Bucs fan no less? :eek: Wow

Lendale is a stud, 1100 yard season I believe. He isnt sharing the back field w/ a scrub, White will be a first round pick after all.

Fineas
12-28-2005, 04:37 PM
It's a fair comparison. Both Bush and Brown shared the carries in college with another great back. Neither has shown that he can carry the load (25+ carries) on a consistent basis in the NFL. Both played on very talented college teams with a 1st round pick QB.

Bush definitely put up the better numbers in college and is more spectacular on film. It did often look like he was running through some huge holes, but you can't say he didn't make the most of it.

Barry Sanders last year in college is still, by far, the greatest season any running back has ever had.

dominizzo
12-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Too early to tell but Ronnie is better than Mcgahee

Alex44
12-28-2005, 07:43 PM
It's a fair comparison. Both Bush and Brown shared the carries in college with another great back. Neither has shown that he can carry the load (25+ carries) on a consistent basis in the NFL. Both played on very talented college teams with a 1st round pick QB.

Bush definitely put up the better numbers in college and is more spectacular on film. It did often look like he was running through some huge holes, but you can't say he didn't make the most of it.

Barry Sanders last year in college is still, by far, the greatest season any running back has ever had.

when comparing that they both played with first round QB's in college

Jason Campbell was barley a first round pick and probally shouldnt have been imo

wpgfishfan
12-29-2005, 12:08 AM
I think every GM would take Bush over Ronnie. If Houston gets the number 1 pick Miami should offer them Ronnie the way some of you are talking

Hades
12-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Bush certainly has the potential to be one of the best, but we wont really know til he gets to the NFL. the moves he has are unbelievable though

Fineas
12-30-2005, 01:16 AM
when comparing that they both played with first round QB's in college

Jason Campbell was barley a first round pick and probally shouldnt have been imo

Is being "barely a first round pick" anything like being a little bit pregnant? The point is that they both played for teams with quality college QBs, i.e., teams that could and did throw the ball.

Bjorn
01-02-2006, 02:31 AM
I didn't here about it officially, but here is a link anyways.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/underclassmen.html

FinNasty
01-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Alright... I know I am gunna get slammed... but atleast be respectful when you respond...

Does anyone think Reggie Bush is somewhat overrated as a pro prospect? He is definatly the most dominant player in college... but I am not so sure he will be as successful in the NFL. I think he is talented as hell... but I have some major concerns about him...

1. His size - at 6'0 205lbs, he is very light for a RB in the NFL and at that weight I dont think he would hold up to the pounding. Can he add the weight? maybe... but the better question is... will he be as explosive with another 15-20 lbs added to his frame

2. I don't think he is that great pounding it between the tackles. He is great when in space or in the open field especially on stretch, toss, & off tackle plays... but I think his between the tackle running might be over looked. That is what they use Lindell White for...

3. One of my biggest concerns... he doesnt even get touched until 5-8 yards past the line of scrimmage. I mean, the o-line is absolutly dominant and creates highways for both him and Lindell White to run through... They get into the secondary on most of their runs without even seeing a LB...

Let me state it again... I am not saying that he isnt great, or that he isnt a playmaker. I'm not saying that he doesnt deserve to be taken near the top of the draft either...

I just feel that there is alot of hype surrounding this kid that is causing some of these things to be over looked...

Am I the only one that has these concerns?

Alex44
01-03-2006, 09:22 PM
My concerns are these

1- Size
2- The NFL is a much faster more physical game than college
3- Short Yardage will he get the tough yards?
4- Their O-line is great and there is always a hole...how will he react when there isnt always a hole that Keith Trayor could run through?
5- The pressure will he be able to take it?

kastofsna120
01-03-2006, 09:27 PM
well luckily i doubt any team will draft him to run between the tackles 20+ times a game, so while he's overrated as a feature back, as an overall player, he's good

of course, ANY player as hyped as him is going to be overrated. except leinart, who's actually underrated now :)

FinNasty
01-03-2006, 09:27 PM
My concerns are these

1- Size
2- The NFL is a much faster more physical game than college
3- Short Yardage will he get the tough yards?
4- Their O-line is great and there is always a hole...how will he react when there isnt always a hole that Keith Trayor could run through?
5- The pressure will he be able to take it?

sounds like you have the same exact concerns that I do...

Regan21286
01-03-2006, 09:29 PM
He's good but he's more like a Warrick Dunn type of back. He looks more like a WR than a typical RB. First round pick, definitely. But top 1 overall, is effy unless he can show he can juke NFL LBs like he does in college. Defenders in college may be juked and outran but not in the NFL. White is the USC RB that I think could perform better at the pro level because he fits the mold (between the tackles power runner with some shiftiness).

FinNasty
01-03-2006, 09:34 PM
well luckily i doubt any team will draft him to run between the tackles 20+ times a game, so while he's overrated as a feature back, as an overall player, he's good

See, I see Bush as a super version of Brian Westbrook... Utilized more in the passing game than in the running game. I also think he will need a compliment RB to get the tough yards like on goalline situations...

Regan21286
01-03-2006, 09:36 PM
See, I see Bush as a super version of Brian Westbrook... Utilized more in the passing game than in the running game. I also think he will need a compliment RB to get the tough yards like on goalline situations...

He'll need to add some pounds if he wants to play in the NFL for long.

kastofsna120
01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
it's not like houston doesn't have a good back to spell bush. davis is a quality RB with 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons. bush won't have to run 20 times a game

FinNasty
01-03-2006, 10:01 PM
it's not like houston doesn't have a good back to spell bush. davis is a quality RB with 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons. bush won't have to run 20 times a game
oh I agree. I like DD alot... And him paired with Bush would be a nasty duo. Plus, both are great receiving threats helping out David Carr...

finfansince72
01-03-2006, 10:08 PM
My only concern is how we are going to defend against this guy when we face the team that drafts him. Hes going to be great.

FinNasty
01-03-2006, 11:28 PM
wow... I thought I was gunna get flamed for this...

twg76
01-03-2006, 11:39 PM
One thing is for sure about Reggie Bush. He is getting way too much media right now. I guarantee you there are about 2 or 3 other solid RBs out there that are not getting recognized.

FinNasty
01-03-2006, 11:45 PM
One thing is for sure about Reggie Bush. He is getting way too much media right now. I guarantee you there are about 2 or 3 other solid RBs out there that are not getting recognized.

How about DeAngello Williams... IMO, the best RB prospect in this draft...

marino1348
01-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Yes. Unless he has an Oline like Kansas City's he won't have any where the lanes to run through. Also most players int he NFL can tackle , and most NFL teams are better in pursuit. I have a feeling that LenDale White is going to be the bette pro.

Jimmy James
01-03-2006, 11:48 PM
In my mind, Bush has been built up to be the ideal combination of Faulk and Sanders.

I think there is no way he can fulfill that sort of expectations, so I believe it is obvious that he is overrated.

marino1348
01-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Nasty, I completely agree with you about DeAngello

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Nasty, I completely agree with you about DeAngello

well we are by ourselves bro...

Jimmy James
01-04-2006, 12:02 AM

I'm not sure he is outright better than Bush, but he seems like a killer value pick where I have seen him going.

kastofsna120
01-04-2006, 12:02 AM
nah, he'll be drafted top 5

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 12:08 AM
nah, he'll be drafted top 5

I meant that we are by ourselves in thinking that DeAngello Williams is the best RB prospect in the draft...

wazzy
01-04-2006, 12:14 AM
I think that O-line puts question upon Bush and Leinart because they give them so many wholes and so much time. In the NFL you will not have those things so I want to see how both of them do during there first season. I am not saying they won't be successful I just say you put these 2 on seperate teams and I don't see them going 1 and 2.

Martel
01-04-2006, 07:27 AM
You guys are nuts!!!

REGGIE BUSH IS GOD!!!

And you will see him TORCH about 5 pro prospects in the Texas D tonight!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!

Motion
01-04-2006, 09:00 AM
I've always thought he was a "tweener". Too small to be a feature back and not the ideal size as a WR either. Although he could be very dangerous as and H-back.

Motion
01-04-2006, 09:00 AM
You guys are nuts!!!

REGGIE BUSH IS GOD!!!

And you will see him TORCH about 5 pro prospects in the Texas D tonight!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!

In college football maybe. The NFL is a different game.

Alex44
01-04-2006, 09:08 AM

Yeah he is a super version of Westbrook....very super

and If you want a Poor mans version of reggie bush take a look at Sand Diego's Darren Sproles *except sproles is even smaller and obviously isnt as explosive*

Another concern

The Texans O-line....if he goes there that may be a problem

Tonight we will get to see how he plays against a fast defense that actually tackles....I cant wait

Oh and on a side note

If I could have any college RB on my NFL team I would choose Adrian Peterson great speed, excellent run power, catches decently well, pretty good blocker, watch out for him next year he will be the 2nd strait RB Heisman winner and a top 10 pick in the draft easily

kastofsna120
01-04-2006, 10:02 AM
really?

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 05:25 PM
exactly...

BigDogsHunt
01-04-2006, 05:31 PM

See this is where I still struggle to accept that Houston is gonna pick Bush @ #1. I can accept that 2 RB's are nice to have, but they are hurting in so many more important areas and Davis is not a bad RB.

Why would they take Bush (because he is a flashy Back??) I dont get it. They could use a stud in so many other areas to help that team.

Come draft day, I just dont think they are the ones to draft, without the plan to trade him away, Bush at #1.

kastofsna120
01-04-2006, 05:36 PM
See this is where I still struggle to accept that Houston is gonna pick Bush @ #1. I can accept that 2 RB's are nice to have, but they are hurting in so many more important areas and Davis is not a bad RB.

Why would they take Bush (because he is a flashy Back??) I dont get it. They could use a stud in so many other areas to help that team.

Come draft day, I just dont think they are the ones to draft, without the plan to trade him away, Bush at #1.
bush is the BPA, plus they need some excitement for the franchise, and bush would put people in the seats and get them on TV, and you know he's going to do have some endorsement deals. his jersey will sell well as well. it makes sense football-wise as well as business-wise

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 05:48 PM
bush is the BPA, plus they need some excitement for the franchise, and bush would put people in the seats and get them on TV, and you know he's going to do have some endorsement deals. his jersey will sell well as well. it makes sense football-wise as well as business-wise

from the business-aspect... you bring up a great point...

Nappy Roots
01-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Alright... I know I am gunna get slammed... but atleast be respectful when you respond...

Does anyone think Reggie Bush is somewhat overrated as a pro prospect? He is definatly the most dominant player in college... but I am not so sure he will be as successful in the NFL. I think he is talented as hell... but I have some major concerns about him...

nope not at all.

1. His size - at 6'0 205lbs, he is very light for a RB in the NFL and at that weight I dont think he would hold up to the pounding. Can he add the weight? maybe... but the better question is... will he be as explosive with another 15-20 lbs added to his frame

listed size is one thing, body type is another. hes not a 6'0 205 of clinton portis, he has more muscle and mass on his frame. hes bigger than people give him credit for. besides, who cares about size anyway? he has enough power to play RB, a lot of RBs arent big.

2. I don't think he is that great pounding it between the tackles. He is great when in space or in the open field especially on stretch, toss, & off tackle plays... but I think his between the tackle running might be over looked. That is what they use Lindell White for...

this is a little bit true. although hes not a pounder, he does run between the tackles effectivally. But hes extremely fast and runs better on the outside, so of course USC is gonna seal the edge for him to run there.

3. One of my biggest concerns... he doesnt even get touched until 5-8 yards past the line of scrimmage. I mean, the o-line is absolutly dominant and creates highways for both him and Lindell White to run through... They get into the secondary on most of their runs without even seeing a LB...

ehh, i dont know how many games youve watched this year. But the fact is the USC OLine is very good, but if he wasnt getting touched 5-8 yards past the line of scrimmage, he would average way over 8 yards a carry dont u think? one reason he doesnt get touched till way after the line of scrimmage on SOME plays, is cause he has the vision, patience to follow his blockers and hit the hole, and the speed & moves to out run, and run around everyone. its hard to even touch the guy in the open field when its 2 on 1.

Let me state it again... I am not saying that he isnt great, or that he isnt a playmaker. I'm not saying that he doesnt deserve to be taken near the top of the draft either...

I just feel that there is alot of hype surrounding this kid that is causing some of these things to be over looked...

Am I the only one that has these concerns?

well, ive watched him alot in the last 2 years, cause ive been amazed by the kid. And he is the greatest college player ive ever seen, i said it last year. I wasnt old enough to see Barry in college, but i would imagine Bush is something like him.

Its hard not to create hype on the greatest player a lot of people has ever seen.

kastofsna120
01-04-2006, 05:51 PM
bush is the worst pass blocker i've ever seen, btw. so he needs to work at that. i wouldn't trust him on third downs

Nappy Roots
01-04-2006, 05:52 PM
bush is the worst pass blocker i've ever seen, btw. so he needs to work at that. i wouldn't trust him on third downs

he easily not the worst. ive seen him take some dudes on their *** more than once, but he isnt reliable cause hes inconsistant on it, but he a tough dude, so its not like hes to ***** to do it.

kastofsna120
01-04-2006, 05:55 PM
i've also seen him compeltely whiff on guys and let leinart get hit before he can even read the defense, or force him to throw the ball away. no way would he get away with that in the NFL. i have no clue how domanick davis is in that regard

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 06:08 PM
listed size is one thing, body type is another. hes not a 6'0 205 of clinton portis, he has more muscle and mass on his frame. hes bigger than people give him credit for. besides, who cares about size anyway? he has enough power to play RB, a lot of RBs arent big.
he has power? when has he ever bulled over a LB? he doesnt... I aint sayin that that is nessessarilly a bad thing, but he doesnt have power...

ehh, i dont know how many games youve watched this year. But the fact is the USC OLine is very good, but if he wasnt getting touched 5-8 yards past the line of scrimmage, he would average way over 8 yards a carry dont u think? one reason he doesnt get touched till way after the line of scrimmage on SOME plays, is cause he has the vision, patience to follow his blockers and hit the hole, and the speed & moves to out run, and run around everyone. its hard to even touch the guy in the open field when its 2 on 1.

oh... and Reggie Bush is averaging 8.9 YPC...

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 06:10 PM
i've also seen him compeltely whiff on guys and let leinart get hit before he can even read the defense, or force him to throw the ball away. no way would he get away with that in the NFL. i have no clue how domanick davis is in that regard

and that makes Kast mad! :fire::tongue:

Martel
01-04-2006, 06:14 PM
he has power? when has he ever bulled over a LB? he doesnt... I aint sayin that that is nessessarilly a bad thing, but he doesnt have power...

Uh..dude..Bush TRUCKS fools all the time. All the time. He is WAY stronger than you're giving hime credit for. He finishes his runs with power.

Martel
01-04-2006, 06:16 PM

Yeah becasue Leinart has spent so much time on the ground and throwing the ball away this year. It's no wonder that they HAVEN'T LOST IN THREE YEARS.

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Uh..dude..Bush TRUCKS fools all the time. All the time. He is WAY stronger than you're giving hime credit for. He finishes his runs with power.

Trucks fools all the time? Maybe CBs... and an occasionall saftey... but he does not "truck" LBs often, if ever...

and LBs and Safteys are much bigger in the NFL...

kastofsna120
01-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Yeah becasue Leinart has spent so much time on the ground and throwing the ball away this year. It's no wonder that they HAVEN'T LOST IN THREE YEARS.
what

Nappy Roots
01-04-2006, 07:16 PM

:eek: alright man. i dont believe youve watched many of his games then.

Nappy Roots
01-04-2006, 07:17 PM

thats true, like i said, hes really inconsistant on this area of his game. he cant be counted on for solid pass blocking, but he can pass block on certain plays, shows he can do it.

Nappy Roots
01-04-2006, 07:18 PM

yea, and dont you think if he wasnt getting touched until 8 yards after the play, that his speed and moves could get him more than .9 yards?

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 07:37 PM
yea, and dont you think if he wasnt getting touched until 8 yards after the play, that his speed and moves could get him more than .9 yards?

ok... I was exagerating a little with the 8 yards thing... but he doesnt get touched until atleast 5 yards past the LOS...

kastofsna120
01-04-2006, 07:39 PM
when he's hit in the backfield he still breaks tackles. he's always breaking tackles. that's his specialty

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 07:43 PM
:eek: alright man. i dont believe youve watched many of his games then.

bro... I aint sayin he never makes contact with people... but he doesnt pound people... He doesnt plow over LBs on his runs. I have seen him play numerous times...

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 07:46 PM
when he's hit in the backfield he still breaks tackles. he's always breaking tackles. that's his specialty

breaking tackles is different than pounding people like Nappy was saying...

Reggie has a nasty spin move that allows him to break alot of tackles... and anther thing that helps him is his balance... if he is hit (and not wrapped up) he can kinda bounce off them and keep going.

Nappy Roots
01-04-2006, 07:50 PM
bro... I aint sayin he never makes contact with people... but he doesnt pound people... He doesnt plow over LBs on his runs. I have seen him play numerous times...

who cares if he doesnt plow LBs over? he doesnt have to.

Nappy Roots
01-04-2006, 07:51 PM
breaking tackles is different than pounding people like Nappy was saying...

say wha? :confused:

when did i say that.

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 07:59 PM
who cares if he doesnt plow LBs over? he doesnt have to.
read what I said...

say wha? :confused:

when did i say that.
you said he had power... he doesnt... Power isnt part of his game. But like you can see above... I never said it was nessessarilly a bad thing...

Nappy Roots
01-04-2006, 08:02 PM
read what I said...

you said he had power... he doesnt... Power isnt part of his game. But like you can see above... I never said it was nessessarilly a bad thing...

wrong. he does have power. pounding people, and being able to run throw tackles with power are 2 different things.

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 08:05 PM
wrong. he doesnt have power. pounding people, and being able to run throw tackles with power are 2 different things.

Thanks for backing me up on this... :tongue: j/k

All I am saying, is that he doesnt break tackles with power... he breaks them with agility and balance.

And like I said, that isnt nessessarilly a bad thing, but I am arguing you statement that he is powerful...

Nappy Roots
01-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks for backing me up on this... :tongue: j/k

All I am saying, is that he doesnt break tackles with power... he breaks them with agility and balance.

And like I said, that isnt nessessarilly a bad thing, but I am arguing you statement that he is powerful...

damn i gotta start reading what i type. :lol:

anyways, i know what your arguing, and i see him run through people with power all the time. he might not be knockin them over, and bulldozing through them, but if you dont tackle him straight up, hes going to run through your arm tackle.

lastly, im just going to say, watch tonight. i think you'll be impressed with his power.

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 08:47 PM
damn i gotta start reading what i type. :lol:

anyways, i know what your arguing, and i see him run through people with power all the time. he might not be knockin them over, and bulldozing through them, but if you dont tackle him straight up, hes going to run through your arm tackle.

lastly, im just going to say, watch tonight. i think you'll be impressed with his power.

:lol:

but ya we will see tonight. He is gunna be facing a tough defense. I will watch to see how he breaks tackles... if you watch how far past the LOS he gets without even being touched because of that o-line...

Alex44
01-04-2006, 08:52 PM
nope not at all.

He is averaging over 8 yards a run

Rixon
01-04-2006, 11:14 PM
im looking at this guy play and he might turn out be a good pro. he is very fast and athletic. however i dont think he will be in the same level as an LT or even Ricky Williams. I wouldnt take him 1st overall in the draft.
what do you guys think?

duss12
01-04-2006, 11:15 PM
im looking at this guy play and he might turn out be a good pro. he is very fast and athletic. however i dont think he will be in the same level as an LT or even Ricky Williams. I wouldnt take him 1st overall in the draft.
what do you guys think?

MODS: move that to appropriate forum under the draft tab... thanks

JBinSD
01-04-2006, 11:22 PM
MODS: move that to appropriate forum under the draft tab... thanks

I love when people think they are cool and give directions to Mods.

LOL

NeuPower_Draft
01-04-2006, 11:25 PM
what do you guys think?

I think the guy is worthy of the overall draft pick if that team needs a running back. He will definitely be a good pro if he doesn't have injury problems. He will be incredible if given the right opportunity with the right team. He reminds me a little bit of Barry Sanders. As of right now, I have the Texans selecting Reggie Bush with the first pick.

YoMamma
01-04-2006, 11:25 PM
what do you guys think?

i think ur nuts and this guy is going to be an NFL stud....

outlawd2u
01-04-2006, 11:26 PM

LOL

LMAO!!!!!!! But anyway........I tend to SERIOUSLY disagree with the original poster. The guy has got all the tools to be as good as some of the elite RB's in the NFL, and maybe even better. What's gotten me though is that Vince Young has looked equally if not more impressive than Bush himself, whoever said that Vince is not a good passer and is not NFL ready is Crazy.......IMO of course.

jlfin
01-04-2006, 11:27 PM
what do you guys think?

That's been my impression this whole season. He's good, but Barry Sanders he's not.
He usually has huge holes to run through, but not tonight. He's a bit undersized IMO to be a franchise type back.
While we're on the subject of USC players doesn't Matt Leinart look average playing against a good defense. Texas' D will be similar to what he will face nearly every week in the NFL. He's had a pick and nearly another because he doesn't have good velocity in his throws. Texas' DB's are NFL caliber and they close fast.
Leinart will regret coming back for his 5th yr. His value was highest last season. Right now Vince Young looks pretty darn good.

NeuPower_Draft
01-04-2006, 11:30 PM

LOL

:sidelol: LOL

Rixon
01-04-2006, 11:30 PM
he is going to be a good player but i dont see him taking the full load for a team. he will deffinately need a complementary back to take on the short yard duties and goalline situatioins.
:dolphins:

WCUgodsmacked13
01-04-2006, 11:31 PM
looks like travis minor at florida st., nothing special. Maybe, maybe as good as warrick dunn. nothing like a mix of "Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith and Eric Dickerson" like espn says. average player maybe 2 or 3 pro bowl in the future, houston would stupid to go #1 with him.

dolphinfan2k5
01-04-2006, 11:33 PM
The average player doesn't make 2 or 3 probowls...

WCUgodsmacked13
01-04-2006, 11:36 PM
1 overall, haha should go to more than that. the OT fergunson is a much better prospect for them

nopony
01-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Is whoever posted this basing this on one half of football????

The guy is extraordinary. He deserves the top pick.

iDolFan
01-04-2006, 11:40 PM

LOL

Yea really man.....I'm pretty sure the mods know where certain threads go, and where they dont.....let them do their jobs! :rolleyes:

As for the 1st post. Reggie Bush will be an outstanding pro rb. I believe he is definitely a mix of Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers (sp?).....he's just awesome, dont hate on him...lol.

BEAT UT!!!!!!!!!!!

WCUgodsmacked13
01-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Is whoever posted this basing this on one half of football????

The guy is extraordinary. He deserves the top pick.

NO!!!!!

Eric-Honduras
01-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Bush is unbelieveable... i love how guys call him out after watching one game...

Dolphinsin2006
01-04-2006, 11:47 PM
you guys are crazy..not only is Bush the best player in the draft...he will put ***** in the seats so theres no doubt hes #1.

He will be Tiki Barber at the worst, and Barry Sanders at the best( i can see him being like Faulk in his prime or LT most likely).

WCUgodsmacked13
01-04-2006, 11:49 PM
unbelievable, he plays one team with a good d and drops. not breaking for extra yards, running out of bounds he is AVERAGE!!!!....i haven't caught a USC game this season i admit, but he is nothing what espn highlights or hype led me to believe! lendall white looks better

jlfin
01-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Bush is unbelieveable... i love how guys call him out after watching one game...
One game against top competition. He's facing a fast defense tonight. Sort like what he's going to face week in and week out in the NFL. Running lanes aren't 3-5 yds wide in the NFL. Also this is a big game. Great players play great in big games. It's only halftime, but I see a lot of frustration in Leinart. He doesn't look so cool and poised against a top notch secondary does he?

WCUgodsmacked13
01-04-2006, 11:55 PM
One game against top competition. He's facing a fast defense tonight. Sort like what he's going to face week in and week out in the NFL. Running lanes aren't 3-5 yds wide in the NFL. Also this is a big game. Great players play great in big games. It's only halftime, but I see a lot of frustration in Leinart. He doesn't look so cool and poised against a top notch secondary does he?

jlfin=smart!!!

Eric-Honduras
01-04-2006, 11:58 PM

Your out of your mind....
How many big games has reggie bush played in??

Was USC MVP for the season 2 times in a row. in 2005 avg 8.5 yd per carry
Average length of his 16 TDs in 2005 was 31.9 yds.
In USC's 5 games against AP ranked opponents in 2005, he is averaging 198.8 rushing yards (10.0 per carry), with 10 rushing TDs, and 302.2 all-purpose yards

Bush is by far one of the most dominating players in college....
His 3,087 career rushing yards is seventh on USC's career chart.

Eric-Honduras
01-05-2006, 12:00 AM
unbelievable, he plays one team with a good d and drops. not breaking for extra yards, running out of bounds he is AVERAGE!!!!....i haven't caught a USC game this season i admit, but he is nothing what espn highlights or hype led me to believe! lendall white looks better

thats sorry.. you should watch some more games and stop calling out Bush based on one game.

He has been the teams MVP in 2 years in a row...

WCUgodsmacked13
01-05-2006, 12:01 AM

In USC's 5 games against AP ranked opponents in 2005, he is averaging 198.8 rushing yards (10.0 per carry), with 10 rushing TDs, and 302.2 all-purpose yards

against who the pac 10, have him play in the big 10 or sec then talk about competetion. what defense that was great did he go against? notre dame, didn't they give up 617 yds to OSU?

jlfin
01-05-2006, 12:02 AM

I agree he's a very good college player, but I'm not ready to predict the NFL HOF for him just yet. I've heard media types proclaim him the next Gale Sayers or Barry Sanders. I think that's a bit premature.
He's fast ,but he's also a shade over 200 lbs. He reminds me of Eric Metcalf and he was a role player in the NFL.

Eric-Honduras
01-05-2006, 12:04 AM
I agree he's a very good college player, but I'm not ready to predict the NFL HOF for him just yet. I've heard media types proclaim him the next Gale Sayers or Barry Sanders. I think that's a bit premature.
He's fast ,but he's also a shade over 200 lbs. He reminds me of Eric Metcalf and he was a role player in the NFL.

he is the best college player coming out...and should be a force in the NFL.

Role player?? hahaha.... what a joke

jlfin
01-05-2006, 12:07 AM
he is the best college player coming out...and should be a force in the NFL.

Role player?? hahaha.... what a joke

Archie Griffin. 2 time Heisman trophy winner. Where is his HOF bust?
Being the best player coming out doesn't predict NFL success either.
hahaha....study NFL history or you are likely to be the joke.

Eric-Honduras
01-05-2006, 12:09 AM
against who the pac 10, have him play in the big 10 or sec then talk about competetion. what defense that was great did he go against? notre dame, didn't they give up 617 yds to OSU?

guess you didnt see his stats against ranked teams....how many games has USC won...who did they beat in the past 2 national championships....??

what was ND ranked?....

WCUgodsmacked13
01-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Lendall White>Reggie Bush

Bush ain't even the best back at USC

Eric-Honduras
01-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Archie Griffin. 2 time Heisman trophy winner. Where is his HOF bust?
Being the best player coming out doesn't predict NFL success either.
hahaha....study NFL history or you are likely to be the joke.

did i ever say he was HOF...???

i said he was the best player coming out of college... period.