PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos Vs. Pittsburgh, Who you for?

Roman529
01-17-2006, 02:51 PM
OK guys time to tell us which team you want to win the AFC Championship game, and WHY.

Living in Colorado, I have to pull for the Donkeys...although I loved the way we beat down Jake Plummer and the Donkeys in WEEK 1. :lol:

FinFaninMS
01-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Pittsburgh because I love how they took Manning and the Colts down a peg (or three).

However, I'm rooting for the NFC team to win the Super Bowl.

Basileus777
01-17-2006, 04:09 PM
I am rooting for Pittsburgh against Denver, but then again I would root for Satan himself agaisnt the donkeys. I would like to see Seattle or Carolina win it all though.

SCall13
01-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Pittsburg. Why they will win: Their blitzes and defensive speed. Plummer will have a helluva time with the pressure Pitt will put on him. And his scrambling ability will be neutralized by the Steelers speed. Also, Pitt is pretty good against the run.
Offensively, Pitt has a nice run/pass mix. Their running game can pound you AND run by you. And the passing game is very efficient and capable of some big plays. I think Pittsburg will be too much for Denver.

Super Bowl: Carolina over Pittsburg

Stoy10
01-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Pittsburg, because they have Antwaan Randle El (I'm an IU alum) and I love the way they play defense.

PressCoverage
01-17-2006, 06:13 PM
the steelers, for the first time in the Cowher era, have finally realized the importance of good corners... and a good secondary, overall... trying to get by with guys like Willie Williams, DeShea Townsend, Hank Poteat, Chad Scott, Deon Figures, and many others, was their downfall for years...

They finally have a good secondary...

B-LO, BABY
01-17-2006, 06:32 PM
DENVER....BIG TIME. If Pittsburgh were to somehow win the SB, their fans, who are by far the league's most obnoxious, would be totally out of control and intolerable.

Stoy10
01-17-2006, 06:43 PM
DENVER....BIG TIME. If Pittsburgh were to somehow win the SB, their fans, who are by far the league's most obnoxious, would be totally out of control and intolerable.

Pittsburg fans are bad, but I (personally) think the Patsies fans are worse. :nesucks:

The best (besides us 'fin fans:drinkers: ) are probably the Chief fans.

SMadison29
01-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Denver, I'm pulling for Jake Plummer. I'm not as much a fan of Roethlisberger in the pros as I was when he was at Miami Ohio throwing to Martin Nance.

dominizzo
01-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Im for Blittzburgh \alll the way

ILPhinFan88
01-17-2006, 07:18 PM
I don't really care which one wins, but I think the Steelers will.

painnotpleasure
01-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I would have to say I would want Pittsburgh over Denver to go to Super Bowl, but I want the winner of Carolina at Seattle to win the Super Bowl, whomever that may be.

Kadiddlehopper
01-17-2006, 09:59 PM
I hate 'em both! Go Bronco's!

cnc66
01-17-2006, 10:02 PM
I hate the donkos.... Go P-burg !

CalDolFan10x14
01-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Pittsburgh, so Bettis has a chance to retire on top.

nopony
01-18-2006, 12:19 AM
Pittsburgh. And I think they will not only win, but disgrace Denver. Hm. i gotta go look up the line on that one.

THOMAS_54
01-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Pittsburgh

Desslar
01-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Pitt, but this is going to be a close one. Go Bus!

BE GOOD
01-18-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm rooting for the Steelers, but either way I don't hate the Broncos,

PhinsPhan
01-20-2006, 04:48 AM
Pittsburg. Why they will win: Their blitzes and defensive speed. Plummer will have a helluva time with the pressure Pitt will put on him. And his scrambling ability will be neutralized by the Steelers speed. Also, Pitt is pretty good against the run.
Offensively, Pitt has a nice run/pass mix. Their running game can pound you AND run by you. And the passing game is very efficient and capable of some big plays. I think Pittsburg will be too much for Denver.

Super Bowl: Carolina over Pittsburg

I agree with all this. I am still unsure of the superbowl champ though.

I am still not convinced that Plummer is a good QB, and I still believe Shanahan is a bad coach. The Steelers are going to shut down the run for Denver and that will be it. People talk about how Denver knew NE would shut down their run and they think Plummer played fine as a drop back passer. Fact is the Denver defense won that game not their offense. That has to do with the Pats making key turnovers and the Pats lack of running game.

Pittsburgh will shut down the run. Plummer will no longer be able to PA or PA bootleg and he will be an average QB when forced to throw from the pocket. Also Denvers olines zone blocking won't be as effective with the defensive speed of Pittsburgh.

I never used to like Pitt, but they grew on me and I love their style of play.

nick1
01-20-2006, 12:24 PM
Pittsburg will win simply because their running game will be alot more effective than Denver's. Pittsburg will totally shut down the run which will make Plummer throw it more than Denver wants him to. when Plummer throws alot he makes mistakes and nobody can deny that. his mistakes are only down this year because Denver doesn't allow him to make mistakes.

Pittsburg will also win the superbowl and the Bus will go out on top

TotoreMexico
01-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Let's go broncos!:goof:

nick1
01-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Let's go broncos!:goof:
I would never root for the Donkeys and besides I feel that they are the least worthy team left of winning the SB

IdahoPhin
01-21-2006, 11:10 AM
I would have to say I would want Pittsburgh over Denver to go to Super Bowl, but I want the winner of Carolina at Seattle to win the Super Bowl, whomever that may be.

Agree..:yes:

McDuffie81
01-21-2006, 12:12 PM
I dont really care as long as they lose to Carolina the following game.

cnc66
01-21-2006, 12:24 PM
I dont really care as long as they lose to Carolina the following game.

I would prefer P-burg to make it to the dance, but I am a Black Cat fan from here on out.

Hey McDuffie, who is the drummer and have you seen this;

http://www.metacafe.com/item1173/tony_royster_jr_drum_solo_video

I just checked the site, the first time there it was loading reaaaaaal slooooow so I refreshed and she loaded right up and played. The site this comes from is AWESOME. Look for the videos...400 plus.

http://www.drummerworld.com/index2.html

McDuffie81
01-21-2006, 01:01 PM
I would prefer P-burg to make it to the dance, but I am a Black Cat fan from here on out.

Hey McDuffie, who is the drummer and have you seen this;

http://www.metacafe.com/item1173/tony_royster_jr_drum_solo_video

I just checked the site, the first time there it was loading reaaaaaal slooooow so I refreshed and she loaded right up and played. The site this comes from is AWESOME. Look for the videos...400 plus.

http://www.drummerworld.com/index2.html Hey cnc66....You a drummer? That little baby pic I found on a site the other day. Its just an art picture.

Yea that Tony Royster kid was born with a pair of drumsticks for hands. He's been well known since a very young age.

As far as that site? I dont remember ever surfing that site but I will. Thanks for the link.

01-21-2006, 03:38 PM
go steelers/panthers

RunningBackGuru
01-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Pittsburgh, so Bettis has a chance to retire on top.

I agree.

nopony
01-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Denver, I'm pulling for Jake Plummer. I'm not as much a fan of Roethlisberger in the pros as I was when he was at Miami Ohio throwing to Martin Nance.

Is this personal or performance based??