PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Launch Likely in November of 2006

mor911
01-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Now remember, this is just an alalysts prediction, but a pretty good read. We might have to wait even longer. :cry:

"Analyst Evan Wilson of Pacific Crest Securities, said 'the most likely scenario' is that PS3 will be released in Japan this summer with about 1 million units and in the US in November with 1 million units, followed by a European launch in March 2007." Regarding the newly released analyst data, Next-Gen (http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2057&Itemid=2) writes: "William Drewry of Credit Suisse First Boston said,'The decision as to whether to delay the PS3 launch has yet to be made and is dependent on improving its chip yield.' Although Sony talked about a spring launch for PS3 last year, it has never offered regional specifics. A 'delay' until November will be good news for Microsoft, which has bet its strategy for the next generation on selling as many Xbox 360s as possible prior to PS3's arrival.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/01/17/analysts-say-fall-playstation-3-release-likely/

I hope they're wrong.

Caps
01-17-2006, 09:19 PM
I've been expecting a launch around the 2006 holidays since they announced the PS3, so I can live live with that. Take all the time you need Sony, as long as you don't half-*** the launch, I'll be happy.

mor911
01-17-2006, 09:25 PM
I've been expecting a launch around the 2006 holidays since they announced the PS3, so I can live live with that. Take all the time you need Sony, as long as you don't half-*** the launch, I'll be happy.
That's just it... Launches always suck. I can't remember a GREAT console launch. The PS1 probably had the most solid launch in memory.

It launched with Jumping Flash, Tekken, and WarHawk. The PS2 Launched with Orphan, shortly after came Onimusha. The Xbox launched with Halo. The PSP and the DS both launched with crap. The 360... Well I have the launch in my bedroom. All blah.

TheAnswer385
01-17-2006, 09:39 PM
That's just it... Launches always suck. I can't remember a GREAT console launch. The PS1 probably had the most solid launch in memory.

It launched with Jumping Flash, Tekken, and WarHawk. The PS2 Launched with Orphan, shortly after came Onimusha. The Xbox launched with Halo. The PSP and the DS both launched with crap. The 360... Well I have the launch in my bedroom. All blah.I thought the dreamcast launch was really good

mor911
01-17-2006, 09:51 PM
I thought the dreamcast launch was really good
Dreamcast launched with Crazi Taxi and Soul Calibur... So I agree, of all of the launches, I think Dreamcast's was the best.

That still proves, also, that a strong launch does no mean a successful console.

And every other system proved that you don't need a strong launch to be a successful console.

byroan
01-17-2006, 09:53 PM
I just don't want them to rush and put out a system that sucks or has to get recalled.

Caps
01-17-2006, 09:57 PM

It launched with Jumping Flash, Tekken, and WarHawk. The PS2 Launched with Orphan, shortly after came Onimusha. The Xbox launched with Halo. The PSP and the DS both launched with crap. The 360... Well I have the launch in my bedroom. All blah.

Yeah, the only probable launch game that looks really good for PS3 so far is Unreal Tournament 2007. After that, Madden is always there at launch, but if they launch some BS version like they did with the 360, I won't buy it. I'm sure a few other games will catch my interest, but so far, that's it. All you can really ask for is that they ship a quality product that doesn't glitch.

FinsNCanes
01-17-2006, 11:05 PM
What about MG4 and Street Fighter?

Motion
01-18-2006, 01:38 AM
Yeah, the only probable launch game that looks really good for PS3 so far is Unreal Tournament 2007. After that, Madden is always there at launch, but if they launch some BS version like they did with the 360, I won't buy it. I'm sure a few other games will catch my interest, but so far, that's it. All you can really ask for is that they ship a quality product that doesn't glitch.

Whoa! Hold up, MGS4 and the new Warhawk are gonna be AMAZING! Right away two must buy games.

mor911
01-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Whoa! Hold up, MGS4 and the new Warhawk are gonna be AMAZING! Right away two must buy games.
WarHawk is a huge maybe and I seriously doubt MGS4 will be a launch title. That'd be awesome, but the folks at Konami are known for taking their time with games. That's a good thing because the final release of the product is great. But I don't see MGS4 being a launch title.

AquaInferno
01-18-2006, 10:21 AM
WarHawk is a huge maybe and I seriously doubt MGS4 will be a launch title. That'd be awesome, but the folks at Konami are known for taking their time with games. That's a good thing because the final release of the product is great. But I don't see MGS4 being a launch title.

MGS4 could easily be a launch title. It's been in the works for at least a year now. And I actually predict it to be one of the launch titles.

Also to add my 2 cents, Dreamcasts launch was very well hyped, but I think the Xbox had better titles at it's launch, remember it's killer app Halo was a launch title. Also Oddworld, Much's Oddessey was a game many of us Sony console owners were waiting on but only the Xbox got it on launch.

Caps
01-18-2006, 04:44 PM

Warhawk seems like it'll be there at launch, and it slipped my mind I'll admit. But I would be very surprised if MGS4 is a launch title. Here's hoping though. That bad boy is gonna be awesome, whenever it's released.

AquaInferno
01-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Warhawk seems like it'll be there at launch, and it slipped my mind I'll admit. But I would be very surprised if MGS4 is a launch title. Here's hoping though. That bad boy is gonna be awesome, whenever it's released.

TGS should be coming up, I know it's sometime in winter/early spring. That will give us enough of a feel as to whether it's near completion or not, then there's the american version of TGS, E3 where we'll REALLY have an idea. MGS 3 was released in the US before Japan, if memory serves me correct. So we could get 4 before Japan, and the way Hideo stresses this is a PS3 only game, making it a lanuch title would ice that cake.

mor911
01-18-2006, 06:12 PM
TGS should be coming up, I know it's sometime in winter/early spring. That will give us enough of a feel as to whether it's near completion or not, then there's the american version of TGS, E3 where we'll REALLY have an idea. MGS 3 was released in the US before Japan, if memory serves me correct. So we could get 4 before Japan, and the way Hideo stresses this is a PS3 only game, making it a lanuch title would ice that cake.
TGS is in September. (http://tgs.cesa.or.jp/english/ ) (http://tgs.cesa.or.jp/english/) We'll have to wait for E3 to get an update. Based on the initial first-party games that Sony's supposedly gonna drop (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=119945) (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=119945%29), WarHawk isn't even in the lineup for the first 6. Which leads me to believe that it will also not be a launch title. I wish they'd hurry up and release some facts instead of hype.

Just a reminder that this is all based on speculation of course. :D

Motion
01-20-2006, 03:31 AM
:( Just read in PSM that MGS4 won't be ready by launch. Guess thats good in a way, Kojima is a perfectionist and it shows.