PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about the new forum rules (thread moves)

SkapePhin
01-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Thanks Nub.. But this will most likely be moved shortly.

Nublar7
01-18-2006, 12:34 AM
Thanks Nub.. But this will most likely be moved shortly.
To where? :confused:

SkapePhin
01-18-2006, 12:36 AM
General NFL is my guess.. And then NaboCane will post his patented paragraph in this thread. :tongue:

Nublar7
01-18-2006, 12:48 AM
General NFL is my guess.. And then NaboCane will post his patented paragraph in this thread. :tongue:
It's Dolphins related though. Linehan is deep in this competition for the Rams job, and this is good news regarding him. I don't see any reason why it should be moved.

SkapePhin
01-18-2006, 12:51 AM
It's Dolphins related though. Linehan is deep in this competition for the Rams job, and this is good news regarding him. I don't see any reason why it should be moved.

Neither do I, but the mods think otherwise now.. They have some new rules.. This thread will get moved, guaranteed. It doesnt matter that it has some Dolphins relevance.

Heck, I had a thread about what Nick Saban would demand for Ricky in a trade moved to the Free Agents room. :confused:

paskerbrandon
01-18-2006, 12:52 AM
How is this General NFL news? Just yesterday Linehan was the leading canidate for the Rams job and now today they are saying Cameron... At least here we can keep an update of who currently has the "lead"....

Nublar7
01-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Neither do I, but the mods think otherwise now.. They have some new rules.. This thread will get moved, guaranteed. It doesnt matter that it has some Dolphins relevance.

Heck, I had a thread about what Nick Saban would demand for Ricky in a trade moved to the Free Agents room. :confused:
Oh, I didn't know there were new rules. Did they post them somewhere I can read them?

SkapePhin
01-18-2006, 12:58 AM
All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

Beat ya to it Nabo! :wink:

(It was a sticky for awhile, Nubs)

byroan
01-18-2006, 12:59 AM
Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

Linehan is still a Dolphins staff member. The thread stays where it is.

SkapePhin
01-18-2006, 01:01 AM

:confused:

Then I simply do not understand how some threads get moved and others dont.. I have repeatedly had threads moved that were Dolphins related but dealt with another team primarily, as this thread does.. I am fine with this thread here, but I just thought, from personal experience, this thread would be moved by mod standards.. Apparently not, and apparently there is no cohesive guideline for such matters in place because I do not see consistency in moderation.

Nublar7
01-18-2006, 01:20 AM
:banana: :mdfin:

PS: I never saw those new rules posted. Where the possibly posted sometime between December 23rd and January 8th when I was on vacation?

Wildbill3
01-18-2006, 01:20 AM
Thanks Nub.. But this will most likely be moved shortly.IF you have a problem with how we are doing our job(s), by all means, make your concerns known in the proper area. Let us worry about which threads get moved and which ones stay. (BTW this one stays because it directly affects the dolphins...) There is no need to derail a thread with unneeded criticism. Thank you.

Martel
01-18-2006, 03:51 AM
And threads are getting deleted too. Why did you guys delete all of the threads about kastofsna? Wouldn't it just be easier to say "he's gone for good" or "he got a month" or whatever? It's not like Finheaven is the Witness Protection Program or something.

Wildbill3
01-18-2006, 04:46 AM
And threads are getting deleted too. Why did you guys delete all of the threads about kastofsna? Wouldn't it just be easier to say "he's gone for good" or "he got a month" or whatever? It's not like Finheaven is the Witness Protection Program or something.I'm not sure about the thread you're talking about, but I would have to say that if someone has a concern about a member being banned, either forever or just a couple of days just ask politely. Chances are, we'll confirm a ban. Just don't ask us the details, even at the risk of looking like jerks, we won't talk about the specifics of a ban to members of finheaven.

In other words, whatever happens stays between the staff, and the person concerned. They of course are free to talk about it.

Martel
01-18-2006, 06:31 AM
I'm not sure about the thread you're talking about, but I would have to say that if someone has a concern about a member being banned, either forever or just a couple of days just ask politely. Chances are, we'll confirm a ban. Just don't ask us the details, even at the risk of looking like jerks, we won't talk about the specifics of a ban to members of finheaven.

In other words, whatever happens stays between the staff, and the person concerned. They of course are free to talk about it.

Ok cool. So is kastofsna banned for life or is it a temp ban? I thought he was fun to read. He pushed it sometimes but I thought he was pretty funny. Just wondering if he's coming back or not. Thanks dude.

Wildbill3
01-18-2006, 06:56 AM
Ok cool. So is kastofsna banned for life or is it a temp ban? I thought he was fun to read. He pushed it sometimes but I thought he was pretty funny. Just wondering if he's coming back or not. Thanks dude.Sadly, after repeated warnings and TOS violations, he was giving a permaban. From time to time people have come back from one, but it is rare.

SkapePhin
01-18-2006, 09:08 AM
IF you have a problem with how we are doing our job(s), by all means, make your concerns known in the proper area. Let us worry about which threads get moved and which ones stay. (BTW this one stays because it directly affects the dolphins...) There is no need to derail a thread with unneeded criticism. Thank you.

Well, I was just giving him a heads up.. I wasnt trying to derail anything. But could you address my later statements in this thread?

The prior threads that stand out to me concerned Rivers, when he was getting playtime, several us posted threads in the Dolphins forum as "scouting" to give people a heads up because Rivers was somebody the Dolphins might pursue, thus Dolphin related.. Recently, a thread I made concerning what Nick Saban would DEMAND for Ricky in a trade was moved to the Free Agents forum, then subsequently merged with a gazilion Ricky threads.. First of all, I do not understand what Ricky has to do with Free Agency, and secondly, it is rather annoying (for everyone I assume) to try to track down their post in a thread that has been merged to infinity..

And seeing as how this post in question was mainly related to another team and another coordinator, if the mods practiced consistency, I would assume it would be moved as well, but apparently I am mistaken. I apologize to Nubs for "derailing" his thread, but I was just attempting to give him some insight to the "new rules" as I saw them. I guess I am still rather unclear as to these new rules, because I still think a post regarding Cam Cameron is not Dolphin related, and thus, should be moved by mod standards of practice.

Wildbill3
01-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Well, I was just giving him a heads up.. I wasnt trying to derail anything. But could you address my later statements in this thread?

The prior threads that stand out to me concerned Rivers, when he was getting playtime, several us posted threads in the Dolphins forum as "scouting" to give people a heads up because Rivers was somebody the Dolphins might pursue, thus Dolphin related.. Recently, a thread I made concerning what Nick Saban would DEMAND for Ricky in a trade was moved to the Free Agents forum, then subsequently merged with a gazilion Ricky threads.. First of all, I do not understand what Ricky has to do with Free Agency, and secondly, it is rather annoying (for everyone I assume) to try to track down their post in a thread that has been merged to infinity..

And seeing as how this post in question was mainly related to another team and another coordinator, if the mods practiced consistency, I would assume it would be moved as well, but apparently I am mistaken. I apologize to Nubs for "derailing" his thread, but I was just attempting to give him some insight to the "new rules" as I saw them. I guess I am still rather unclear as to these new rules, because I still think a post regarding Cam Cameron is not Dolphin related, and thus, should be moved by mod standards of practice.I can't comment on any specific threads, but keep in mind that mods are human too, and with the new forum rules, we have growing pains to go through also. So bear with us until we get this sports car running on all cylinders again.

As to the thread this was split from, it concerns dolphins staff, in that if this guy is hired by the rams, it leaves linehan all to us. Meaning this really does concern the dolphins, at least IMO.

Martel
01-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Sadly, after repeated warnings and TOS violations, he was giving a permaban. From time to time people have come back from one, but it is rare.

:eek:

Sucks for him! Thanks for the answer Bill.

PassRush
01-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Personaly I think that the crackdown on apropriate forums is a good thing but honestly I think it is getting a bit too strict. I think a thread about, say, weather or not Jay Cutler will fall to our 16 pick for example, is directly related to the Dolphins and should not be moved. Just my two cents