PDA

View Full Version : Sony Reveals Initial PlayStation 3 First-Party Titles

mor911
01-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Remember, these are first party titles... Not to be confused with launch titles.

According to a listing on Sony of Japan's official website, the company has listed six initial titles that it plans to debut for the PlayStation 3 console when it launches later this year.

The specifically listed games are Polyphony Digital's latest Gran Turismo iteration, Genji 2, presumably a sequel to Yoshiki Okamoto's samurai action title for the PlayStation 2, Everybody's Golf 5, the latest in Camelot's popular cartoon golf series, and titles named Monster Carnival, Angel Rings and The Eye Of Judgment. No other information is currently available on the games.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=7826

Another article:
http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Sony_Reveals_PS3_Titles_9140_5370_0.htm

Looking good. :mor911:

Just realized... WarHawk was a first party title wasn't it? It's not on this list. :cry:

AquaInferno
01-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Nothin I'm doin cartwheels over really, but then again I'm a Metal Gear freak so MGS4 is enough for me to commit to PS3.

mor911
01-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Nothin I'm doin cartwheels over really, but then again I'm a Metal Gear freak so MGS4 is enough for me to commit to PS3.
You, a MGS fan? No way! :lol:

Pagan
01-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Wow....I thought they'd have a better first party lineup for their first announcement.

mor911
01-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Wow....I thought they'd have a better first party lineup for their first announcement.
Yah, I really expected to see WarHawk, Killzone, or some other heavy hitter besides Gran Turismo.

Prime Time
01-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Yah, I really expected to see WarHawk, Killzone, or some other heavy hitter besides Gran Turismo.

Yeah those game sucks.

dolphinfan2k5
01-18-2006, 07:45 PM
Can't wait for Gran Turismo, that will have insane graphics. Everybody's Golf 5 :lol: Nice title.

AquaInferno
01-18-2006, 08:21 PM
You, a MGS fan? No way! :lol:

Shh, I try to keep it a secret :tongue:

AquaInferno
01-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Can't wait for Gran Turismo, that will have insane graphics. Everybody's Golf 5 :lol: Nice title.

GT5 had BETTER be an online game, there was no excuse for 4 not to be in my opnion, and I won't buy a GT until it is online. Online has been rollin for a good while now, long enough for GT4 to have had it. Inexcusable :shakeno:

Deus Ex Dolphin
01-18-2006, 09:32 PM
I was surprised when Sony yanked the online play out of GT4, I'll admit I thought they were going to sell a few million copies of GT4 -then release another edition that HAD online play and sell it TWICE to the fans in effect.

Turns out the game was pushing the PS2 hardware so hard that it simply couldn't work online too. ANY racing/driving game, released in the year 2006, has NO EXCUSE for lacking online play. I consider it a STANDARD option now and wouldn't bother to do more than rent a game without it.

Anyway, this still tells us nothing about what might make the PS3 launch, only what games are in development. E3 2006 should answer a lot of questions though.

BTW, anyone still expecting a Spring launch for the PS3? Even in Japan?

Motion
01-19-2006, 12:49 AM
No way the new GT will be ready by launch. Think agout how long it took them to make 4. Plus this new one has at least twice as many cars in each race.

I'll bet money that Warhawk will be a launch title.

Daytona Fin
01-19-2006, 08:48 PM
for some reason im thinking a new gta game will be released around november. you reported a possible ps3 release date in your other thread. i think gta games usually get released at that time of year. something to look forward to, hopefully.

AquaInferno
01-19-2006, 08:53 PM
for some reason im thinking a new gta game will be released around november. you reported a possible ps3 release date in your other thread. i think gta games usually get released at that time of year. something to look forward to, hopefully.

I'd love to take my PS3 home in November with MGS4 and GTA4 in hand :D

muscle979
01-19-2006, 10:18 PM
I hope I don't have to wait too long for Resident Evil 5.

mor911
01-19-2006, 10:25 PM
I'd love to take my PS3 home in November with MGS4 and GTA4 in hand :D
It'd be great if they were, but I can't see either of those being launch titles. Remember Gran Turismo 3 and MGS2? Both were announced prior to the PS2 launch (just like GT5 and MGS4 is doing for the PS3), and both were actually released over a year after the console launched.

I just don't see it happening. I can't wait til they actually give us a launch line up.