PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Davis enters stands to defend wife

SMadison29
01-19-2006, 12:57 AM
And he was ejected. He saw a fan harassing his wife & he hopped up into the stands.

Roman529
01-19-2006, 12:59 AM
He should not have been ejected...that is wrong.

Fresh
01-19-2006, 01:44 AM
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

dominizzo
01-19-2006, 03:40 AM
these REfs are losers wooow who was the ref Steve JAvie?

Jaj
01-19-2006, 05:28 AM
Man I hope they booed the refs...

finfansince72
01-19-2006, 06:03 AM
They had no choice but to eject him, its the rules. He will probaly get fined and suspended for it. I can't blame Davis but you just can't go into the stands.

BAMAPHIN 22
01-19-2006, 11:19 AM
They had no choice but to eject him, its the rules. He will probaly get fined and suspended for it. I can't blame Davis but you just can't go into the stands.

I can't blame him either. If that was my wife and family I would do the same. As stated on ESPN Sport Center last night, there should be some provisions inplace by the NBA where the family member of the players could be in a more secure area to somewhat deflect confrontation like this in the future.

MikeO
01-19-2006, 12:10 PM
should have been ejected. SHOULDN'T be suspended

NJFINSFAN1
01-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Well, they were talking to people at the game and it sounds like his wife was as much to blame. She kept putting a finger in the guys face and he kept saying get your finger out of my face!

Maybe she should be banned also?

K-train
01-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Antonio Davis should not have been suspeneded. You never know what is going to happen to your fam.

Prime
01-19-2006, 06:24 PM
ESPNews showed a updated video of ths scene and it showed the wife was pointing her finger at the dude and it looked like she was talking trash to him. I really don't know what to think and I think they NBA doesn't know either. It will basicly be a he said she said kind of deal.

UCFinfan86
01-19-2006, 06:43 PM
PTI just said that Davis was suspendd for 5 games

Muck
01-19-2006, 08:29 PM
ESPNews showed a updated video of ths scene and it showed the wife was pointing her fugure that the dude and it looked like she was talking trash to him. I really don't know what to think and I think they NBA doesn't know either. It will basicly be a he said she said kind of deal.

I haven't seen the video. But is it possible that the guy was giving her (and the kids) and earful prior to that??

finfansince72
01-19-2006, 08:32 PM
I can understand what Davis did but the league had to suspend him. 5 games is really light compared to the suspensions handed out last year. You can understand why he did what he did but the league can't have any exceptions for players going into the stands. If that was the case a player could go into the stands beat a fan mercilessly then say, hey he threatened my wife. The line is drawn, I don't think this incident was as serious as Davis took it and he knows the rules, he knew he was going to be ejected and suspended. I feel a little bit for him but I agree with the league, you have to have a no tolerance rule for this sort of incident.

The Confessor
01-19-2006, 08:36 PM
This is very unfortunate, and finfansince72 nailed it down. The league has to do something, however Davis didnt touch the guy, and if I was in his place I would have done the exact same thing suspension or not.
It is unfortunate that wifes and kids cant go watch Dad at work. Regardless of the guy started it or Davis' wife started it, the family is a target no matter where they go.... Unfortunate indeed.

Majpain
01-19-2006, 11:26 PM
The fan is sueing them : /

Prime
01-19-2006, 11:35 PM
I haven't seen the video. But is it possible that the guy was giving her (and the kids) and earful prior to that??

Why of course it's possible of him doing so. I've pretty much heard both sides of the stories and I'm still clueless of what really happened. Either the wife was just talking a storm of **** to a fan from the other team, or the fan was teasing the family about have her husband playing for a team that hasn't won too many games.

Mindwarp
01-19-2006, 11:39 PM
The fan is sueing them : /

only in america.. :shakeno:

Prime Time
01-19-2006, 11:53 PM

Of course he should be suspended. And more then 5 Games. It should be TEN games. People can't come to the courts at anytime, and players shouldn't go in the stands at anytime. Maybe if this was before the whole fight that occurred last year, I'd be okay with it...but its not. This is post-artest, and therefore the punishment should be large so players know not to go in the stands....I don't blame him for his actions, but there will be consequences..

MikeO
01-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Of course he should be suspended. And more then 5 Games. It should be TEN games. People can't come to the courts at anytime, and players shouldn't go in the stands at anytime. Maybe if this was before the whole fight that occurred last year, I'd be okay with it...but its not. This is post-artest, and therefore the punishment should be large so players know not to go in the stands....I don't blame him for his actions, but there will be consequences..

There is the LETTER of the law vs the SPIRIT of the law. Rule/Law is no running into the stands (hence going after fans). Davis wasn't going after any fans throwing punches or throwing his weight around. This is NOT what the rule was intended for.

Prime Time
01-20-2006, 01:22 AM
There is the LETTER of the law vs the SPIRIT of the law. Rule/Law is no running into the stands (hence going after fans). Davis wasn't going after any fans throwing punches or throwing his weight around. This is NOT what the rule was intended for.

Okay, so If he want up there and some crazy fan went and hit him? Who's fault would it be? It would be his...he is not allowed in the stands. I understand he was trying to protect his wife, but......rules are rules.

And the rule is no going into the stands period. Just like fans don't step onto the court.

MikeO
01-20-2006, 01:34 AM
Okay, so If he want up there and some crazy fan went and hit him? Who's fault would it be? It would be his...he is not allowed in the stands. I understand he was trying to protect his wife, but......rules are rules.

And the rule is no going into the stands period. Just like fans don't step onto the court.

If a fan took a shot at him when Davis was clearly no threat to anyone, then no it wouldn't be the fault of Davis! :shakeno:

This is the same city where a bunch of wild fans ran out on the field and attacked the Royals 1st base coach. So, being on HIGH ALERT in that city with your wife in the stands having a "situation" I don't blame Davis one bit. The NBA looks bad on this one. This wasn't Artest and Jackson running into the stands swinging at everyone.

Prime Time
01-20-2006, 02:11 AM
If a fan took a shot at him when Davis was clearly no threat to anyone, then no it wouldn't be the fault of Davis! :shakeno:

This is the same city where a bunch of wild fans ran out on the field and attacked the Royals 1st base coach. So, being on HIGH ALERT in that city with your wife in the stands having a "situation" I don't blame Davis one bit. The NBA looks bad on this one. This wasn't Artest and Jackson running into the stands swinging at everyone.

You are failin' to release that Davis is not allowed up there. That is what security is for. I don't blame him either for the action he took...but the consequence should have been harsher. Players should not be in the stands at any cost.

SMadison29
01-20-2006, 02:38 AM
That P.O.S. is suing the Davis' for $1M for battery & slander. What a low-life. He's not going to win, the other fans in the stands sided with the Davis'.

Section126
01-20-2006, 03:06 AM
That P.O.S. is suing the Davis' for $1M for battery & slander. What a low-life. He's not going to win, the other fans in the stands sided with the Davis'.

Not really....one fan has come forward to basically say that it was both of their faults...and the rest have said that Mrs. Davis was beligerent.

I hope that guy takes them to the cleaners.

Prime Time
01-20-2006, 03:08 AM
Not really....one fan has come forward to basically say that it was both of their faults...and the rest have said that Mrs. Davis was beligerent.

:shakeno:

Section126
01-20-2006, 03:15 AM
:shakeno:

Come on....think for yourself...you saw the last video of the incident...she was sticking her finger in the guys face...and the GUY WAS THE ONE THAT CALLED FOR SECURITY.

Something tells me that Mrs. Davis is a total beotch.

SMadison29
01-20-2006, 03:48 AM

Really? The interviews of the two fans I saw said the man was beligerent & Mrs. Davis was very calm. He's not going to win anything. Battery? Come on, she could get him for assault. Slander? Yeah his reputation took a million dollar hit in all this.

NJFINSFAN1
01-20-2006, 09:28 AM
More then one fan has come forward saying she is as much to blame as him. She is the one that kept sticking her finger in his face.

Mindwarp
01-20-2006, 10:02 AM
Come on....think for yourself...you saw the last video of the incident...she was sticking her finger in the guys face...and the GUY WAS THE ONE THAT CALLED FOR SECURITY.

Something tells me that Mrs. Davis is a total beotch.

thing is they only show from where they caught it. not the whole incident. and once you get a hot tempered woman going you can stop them.

Trust me I know. I married one.

Section126
01-20-2006, 10:33 AM
As it turns out...Mrs Davis got into it with Latrell Sprewell in 2001 after a playoff game......

Are some of you starting to get the picture?

nyjunc
01-20-2006, 10:38 AM
And he was ejected. He saw a fan harassing his wife & he hopped up into the stands.

Actually his loud mouth Wife was the problem and this isn't the first time she has caused problems.

Section126
01-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Actually his loud mouth Wife was the problem and this isn't the first time she has caused problems.

EXACTLY.

Martel
01-20-2006, 03:17 PM
As it turns out...Mrs Davis got into it with Latrell Sprewell in 2001 after a playoff game......

Are some of you starting to get the picture?

Yes...

Latrell Sprewell is a thug. Thanks for clearing that up.

Section126
01-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Yes...

Latrell Sprewell is a thug. Thanks for clearing that up.

Weak attempt at sarcasm....this beotch is a nutcase.

MikeO
01-21-2006, 01:21 AM
Bottom line is this is a case of the LETTER of the law vs the SPIRIT of the law.

The rule is no running into the stands, yeah like the Pacers did last year to take swings at the fans. THAT IS WHAT THE RULE IS MEANT FOR!!!!!!!! Davis didn't go into the stands and started throwing punches at anyone and everyone. BIG DIFFERENCE!

MikeO
01-21-2006, 01:26 AM
You want to stop all of these problems its easy. Only 1 sale of alcohol per person at these events. Maybe 2, but no more. And all sales are stopped after halftime, in fact I would stop them just before halftime!! Come up with a stamp system that shows up under a dark lamp or somethnig. Everytime you buy a beer, you get stamped and aren't allowed to buy another that night.

The problem isn't the players!!!!! It's these drunken fans who are out of control and the arena security which are 66 year old men and women who are retired and work for $7.95 an hour as a part time job who can't prevent or stop anything!

The fans are OUT OF CONTROL! And the majority of fans actually think they are part of the game or part of the show! Just because you buy a ticket it doesn't mean you can yell and scream anything you want to whoever you want.

Fresh
01-21-2006, 02:21 AM
No, he shouldn't of been punished at all. Family is more important than a basketball game and the NBA's ****ty rules. To tell you the truth, David Stern deserves a bigger punishment than anyone. He should be slapped for punishing Antonio Davis. Would you sit there and watch your wife in an argument with a man, who could potentially put his hands on her? Not me. I'd beat the hell out of any man who raises his voice at my woman.

Prime Time
01-21-2006, 02:30 AM
No, he shouldn't of been punished at all. Family is more important than a basketball game and the NBA's ****ty rules. To tell you the truth, David Stern deserves a bigger punishment than anyone. He should be slapped for punishing Antonio Davis. Would you sit there and watch your wife in an argument with a man, who could potentially put his hands on her? Not me. I'd beat the hell out of any man who raises his voice at my woman.

I agree with you but there are consqequences...his was getting suspended.

finfansince72
01-21-2006, 02:52 AM

And you'd go to jail for it. Thats a pretty weak example. Davis violated a straight up rule, he got a light suspension, the situation is over. Get over it. David Stern runs the league the right way.

Prime Time
01-21-2006, 03:25 AM
And you'd go to jail for it. Thats a pretty weak example. Davis violated a straight up rule, he got a light suspension, the situation is over. Get over it. David Stern runs the league the right way.

Exactly. There are consequences for actions you take. What you do may be the right action, but it can cost you big time. Davis violated a rule...therefore he should be punished. I think it should have been a little harsher...but eh, doesn't matter.

Martel
01-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Weak attempt at sarcasm....this beotch is a nutcase.

Sorry! If I could only be as great as the all knowing Section126! Sorry again!

Little more sarcasm there for ya.

MikeO
01-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Exactly. There are consequences for actions you take. What you do may be the right action, but it can cost you big time. Davis violated a rule...therefore he should be punished. I think it should have been a little harsher...but eh, doesn't matter.

how about the fan, what's his punishment? That's the problem, fans can say whatever they want whenever they want and get away with it. Which causes this mess to begin with. This fan should be BANNED from all events in that building forever! Do that and then I have no problem with the 5 game Davis suspension

finfansince72
01-21-2006, 11:06 AM
how about the fan, what's his punishment? That's the problem, fans can say whatever they want whenever they want and get away with it. Which causes this mess to begin with. This fan should be BANNED from all events in that building forever! Do that and then I have no problem with the 5 game Davis suspension

Do you even know what the fan said or did? I havent seen any video of him really doing anything. If they banned fans for talking trash they'd have empty stadiums within a week. The fan was removed, thats about all you can do.

MikeO
01-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Do you even know what the fan said or did? I havent seen any video of him really doing anything. If they banned fans for talking trash they'd have empty stadiums within a week. The fan was removed, thats about all you can do.

Haven't doing anything? He was in a verbal altercation with another fan who happened to be a players wife!

Empty stands? Hardly, there are enough good people to fill up these stands! LOL....and yes BAN fans for trash talking! do you go to a bank, grocery store, the mall and start "TRASH TALKING" with people around you. This just in:::Sporting events still are public places in our society! You can't go to a game and "get into it" with other fans! Sorry! I know it happens all the time, and that is the problem!!! Security does nothnig about it and you have "incidents" like this!

MikeO
01-21-2006, 01:32 PM

Another thing, all you can do is remove him??? Hardly, be like the Red Sox and take away the guys season tickets and such when "incidents" occur. They got it right when it comes to this crap.

Prime Time
01-21-2006, 01:34 PM

Why should he? What did he do that is so terrible? As long as he didn't lay a finger on the woman...nothing is wrong with what he did. Talkin' junk something that is in every Sport. Gotta deal with it. Without fans, there wouldnt be an NBA, If it wasn't for the Fans.

Prime Time
01-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Haven't doing anything? He was in a verbal altercation with another fan who happened to be a players wife!

Empty stands? Hardly, there are enough good people to fill up these stands! LOL....and yes BAN fans for trash talking! do you go to a bank, grocery store, the mall and start "TRASH TALKING" with people around you. This just in:::Sporting events still are public places in our society! You can't go to a game and "get into it" with other fans! Sorry! I know it happens all the time, and that is the problem!!! Security does nothnig about it and you have "incidents" like this!

Um..this is a tradition at sports. So I guess you shouldn't be able to root for your team either, because that in a way is talking junk to other team's fans in the stadium. Everyone should just sit and watch. :rolleyes: Everyone knows what goes down at Sporting Events...and no he shouldn't be in anymore trouble then she is.

MikeO
01-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Why should he? What did he do that is so terrible? As long as he didn't lay a finger on the woman...nothing is wrong with what he did. Talkin' junk something that is in every Sport. Gotta deal with it. Without fans, there wouldnt be an NBA, If it wasn't for the Fans.

Fans aren't allowed to talk junk to each other, sorry!

So if I call you a toothless, MF'er, stand up and get in your face, but never lay a hand on you that is ok to do at a sporting event and no action should be taken by anyone around us? :shakeno: Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fan's at the events don't run these leagues. TV contracts do!

MikeO
01-21-2006, 03:27 PM
Um..this is a tradition at sports. So I guess you shouldn't be able to root for your team either, because that in a way is talking junk to other team's fans in the stadium. Everyone should just sit and watch. :rolleyes: Everyone knows what goes down at Sporting Events...and no he shouldn't be in anymore trouble then she is.

It's a tradition to talk junk to strangers sitting near you that you don't even know????? What society did you grow up in! You might want to move to Europe where those soccer riots kill about 100 people at each event! You might enjoy that kind of animalistic atmosphere.

YES......just sit and watch. Cheer, boo, whatever. But don't talk junk to people sitting near you that you don't even know!

If I am at a game and the guy to my left is rooting for the other team, I don't turn to him at any point and say.." ha ha, your team sucks, in your face your team blows". That isn't acceptable behavior in our "SOCIETY"

Prime Time
01-21-2006, 11:19 PM
It's a tradition to talk junk to strangers sitting near you that you don't even know????? What society did you grow up in! You might want to move to Europe where those soccer riots kill about 100 people at each event! You might enjoy that kind of animalistic atmosphere.

YES......just sit and watch. Cheer, boo, whatever. But don't talk junk to people sitting near you that you don't even know!

If I am at a game and the guy to my left is rooting for the other team, I don't turn to him at any point and say.." ha ha, your team sucks, in your face your team blows". That isn't acceptable behavior in our "SOCIETY"

Cheering is pretty much rubbing it in the face of your opponents/their fans....

Prime Time
01-21-2006, 11:21 PM

Soccer is the best sport ;)

What society did I grow up in? This one. The one that says "Sex Sells" and the one that uses violence in almost everything.