PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Analyst Says The Xbox 360 Will Fail

mor911
01-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Analysts in China think the 360 will be a failure:

President of Shanda Interactive Entertainment in China, Jun Tang, has expressed his grim impressions of the Xbox360's future release in the Chinese market. If you thought the Japanese release was bad, Tang thinks it'll be worse in China.

Tang says that it's for two reasons. The first reason being that the Xbox360 has little diversity in games.

While FPSs and popular sports titles sell like hotcakes in North America, they won't fare so well in China.

http://www.gameshout.com/news/012006/article2682.htm

This is all chinise analysts, so it's all speculation. Just wanted to post the article.

dominizzo
01-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Thanx the MOR

Samphin
01-20-2006, 10:49 PM
So, a communist analyst is bashing a product born and bred in a democratic society? There is a shock. :rolleyes:

I remember when the initial X-box came out and the reports coming out of Japan ( an opinion I actually hold in regard ) were that it wouldn't hold up due to not playing to an asian audience or something to that effect. X-Box went on to be very succesfull, to the point where they are now in the midst of their second launch of a system.

I don't have to tell The Mor this ( as he is merely passing on the news ), but don't believe everything you read. ESPECIALLY from a communist dictatorship that controls the press.

mor911
01-20-2006, 11:07 PM
So, a communist analyst is bashing a product born and bred in a democratic society? There is a shock. :rolleyes:

I remember when the initial X-box came out and the reports coming out of Japan ( an opinion I actually hold in regard ) were that it wouldn't hold up due to not playing to an asian audience or something to that effect. X-Box went on to be very succesfull, to the point where they are now in the midst of their second launch of a system.

I don't have to tell The Mor this ( as he is merely passing on the news ), but don't believe everything you read. ESPECIALLY from a communist dictatorship that controls the press.
Oh believe me, I think this guy's dead wrong. Infact, I think the 360 will be very successful. The PS3 vs. 360 war will be much closer than people want to admit I think.

Caps
01-21-2006, 12:39 PM
The Xbox has been a relatively successful product, and 360 looks like it's having solid sales so far. But it has always sucked in Japan, and other Asian markets. Sony and Nintendo own that region, both the Xbox and the 360 have had lackluster sales in the east. So the analyst is probably right, he said 360 will fail in China, not overall. I think the 360 will be fine, but it will be due to North American and European sales, not Asian sales.

mor911
01-21-2006, 12:59 PM
The Xbox has been a relatively successful product, and 360 looks like it's having solid sales so far. But it has always sucked in Japan, and other Asian markets. Sony and Nintendo own that region, both the Xbox and the 360 have had lackluster sales in the east. So the analyst is probably right, he said 360 will fail in China, not overall. I think the 360 will be fine, but it will be due to North American and European sales, not Asian sales.
Agreed. Microsoft did get some heavy hitters in the Japanese developement scene to make first part games for the 360. When those titles are released, they may be able to get some intrest in the Japanese market. Until then, ou are absolutely right.

Motion
01-21-2006, 03:57 PM

Not sure where you get your info from but the Xbox HAS NOT sold well in Japan. Its is a VERY DISTANT third behind PS2 and Gamecube.

Motion
01-21-2006, 03:58 PM

Hit the nail on the head.