PDA

View Full Version : Martz is such an arrogant jerk!

Buddy
01-21-2006, 10:17 AM
"If somebody were to hire me as an offensive coordinator, unless that head coach is real strong and settled, there's the threat of looking over his shoulder," Martz said. "It could be an unsettling deal. ... It can unnerve a young head coach, I would think. And then another thing is if they hire you, they'd think you're going to jump out of there as soon as you can to be a head coach."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/01/21/a6c_dolphins_0121.html

This Bozo took over a Superbowl winning team that was built by Vermeil and returned them to their roots of sucking! He was hired as head coach only because Vermeil retired and now thinks that he is the second coming of Lombardi. Get lost jacka$$. If you were in such high demand, why haven't they been knocking your door down for one of the six or seven open head-coaching positions? BECAUSE YOU SUCK! :fire:

CitizenSnips
01-21-2006, 10:19 AM
he wasn't being arrogant...he was pretty much telling the truth. if a young head coach hires martz, he's going to be intimidated. i doubt martz was talking about Saban, so don't take it personally either,

Shouright
01-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Sounds like he's trying his best to rationalize why he hasn't gotten much interest around the league.

NJFINSFAN1
01-21-2006, 10:23 AM
he wasn't being arrogant...he was pretty much telling the truth. if a young head coach hires martz, he's going to be intimidated. i doubt martz was talking about Saban, so don't take it personally either,

Yep, he is right. But I always also thought he was a jerk!:rolleyes:

CitizenSnips
01-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Yep, he is right. But I always also thought he was a jerk!:rolleyes:

agreed. i dislike him too. If you heard him on Steven A. Smiths show, you could tell. He said that if he were healthy, he would have made the rams that much better this year, and he'd still be the head coach.

DoLpHiNz34
01-21-2006, 10:26 AM
I really hope we don't pick him up. I don't like him or his offensive philosophy. By that statement, you can already see a confrontation coming...he's not going to be told what to do. If we got him, I wouldn't be surprised to see him fired at some point during the season because of his ego.

Whitedolphin54
01-21-2006, 11:01 AM
I too dont like him. cant figure out just why, probably something he has done in the past. Did Vermeil's decision to leave the Rams have something to do with Martz?.

Killer_Dolphins
01-21-2006, 11:03 AM
He wont even be considered by Saban. I can see him going to Houston or Buffalo.

DolfanCole
01-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Why? Martz hasn't proven anything about being a head coach other than he sucks! So, why in the world would someone feel intimidated by him?

silverloop13
01-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Hes proved he is a great OC. Every thing he said was true. Also remember Smith asked him those questions whats he supposed to do while hes looking for job.......say the Rams were better off without him?

That QB he picked up looked pretty good too. Hes also the guy that made Kurt Warner mvp

eddie4fins
01-21-2006, 11:50 AM
He may be the best option we have if Mularky turns us down.

TRUDOLFAN54
01-21-2006, 11:52 AM
myself i just never like martz i hate his attitude i hope we get anybody but him anyways i don't think him and saban would get along.. :dolphins:

eddie4fins
01-21-2006, 11:56 AM
myself i just never like martz i hate his attitude i hope we get anybody but him anyways i don't think him and saban would get along.. :dolphins:

I think that is part of the interviewing process, to meet with him in person and find out if they will get along, I am sure Saban will be able to determine that better than us.

Phinja
01-21-2006, 12:42 PM
I dont think he'd be coming here. Besides, even if he were Saban is not the kind of coach to let a flake like Martz hold any sway over him.

example:

Saban: Hey Martz...

Martz: Yeah, Nick?

Saban: Instead of hanging around my office tring to give me advice and sitting at my desk, go outside and work with the offense alittle. Oh, and only work on RUNNING plays.

Martz: Uh, well, uh, I have to, uh, well you see Nick we don't allways have to run.....

Saban (interupting): Just get out there and make it happen. Oh, and Martz...

Saban: You can call me Coach Saban.

Martz (dejected): Ok Ni... Coach Saban.

Saban Would definitely let a guy like that know his place :evil:

PHANTASTIC 13
01-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Martz said he doesn't want to
be an offensive coordinator for a team with a young coach because he would be looking over his shoulder all the time. He said that he wanted to be a head coach first, but if indeed he were to accept a role as offensive coordinator he would prefer to work with Nick Saban. I believe this is a complement to Nick in that he is respected around the league as on of the best young coaches in the NFL and he seems to be doing things the right way. There is no denying that this club has a bright future and that being a coordinator on a play off team usually leads you to be a top candidate when a head coaching vacancy appears. :dolphins:

Buddy
01-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Why? Martz hasn't proven anything about being a head coach other than he sucks! So, why in the world would someone feel intimidated by him?

I totally agree! He inherited a Superbowl winning team and they have become progressively worse every year with him at the healm. Vermeil made the Rams great, Martz was just along for the ride. JUST LIKE WANNY AND JJ! I do not want Martz anywhere near the Dolphins. He is a cancer on line with TO, only not nearly as talented.

mbsinmisc
01-21-2006, 02:49 PM
I have never heard anything positive about MM's personality. He appears to be a divisive power hungry backstabber.

CVass
01-21-2006, 03:20 PM
lost the 2002 Super Bowl to the Patriots. Per Belichick's book, "The Education of a Coach," the Pats played soft on the run in order to maximize their potential against the aerial assault, giving Faulk over 5 yds a carry. The players realized this, along with Martz, and when his players lobbied him to run the ball more to take advantage of the scheme, Martz replied: "No, I'm doing this my f'n way!"

Hmm, so where's that Super Bowl XXXVI ring Chief?

finfan54
01-21-2006, 03:25 PM
the deal is Martz is a jackass, and that is why i dont understand why people are so enamoured with the guy. Thats why he is out in St louis regardless of his health prob.

Buddy
01-21-2006, 04:08 PM
People see the stats from "his" (Martz') offenses but, like I said before, "his" offense is Vermeil's offense. The further removed from Vermeil they got, the worse they became. Did anyone happen to notice how K.C.'s offense has looked the past few years? Does anyone see a common thread here?

I would crap myself if Vermeil would be our OC but that is truly a pipe dream. Oh well, Mularky will do just fine.

Metal Panda
01-21-2006, 04:09 PM
To think I thought this thread was started by a Rams fan who started typing the message during the 2003 playoff game after Martz ran down the clock...and was subsequently frozen in a cube until now.

01-21-2006, 04:16 PM
ive never liked the guy either

twg76
01-21-2006, 08:37 PM
I told you he was arrogant. Forget Martz. TO is arrogant also. Forget TO.

PhinFan0202
01-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Mike Martz can stay right where he is as far as im concerned. He is too pass happy and dosen't alter his offense based on the talent that he has.

PhinFan0202
01-21-2006, 08:52 PM
ive never liked the guy either
that is the oddest picture of Nick Saban i've ever seen, thanks for the nightmares kid.

AXAFinFan
01-21-2006, 09:07 PM
I dont think he'd be coming here. Besides, even if he were Saban is not the kind of coach to let a flake like Martz hold any sway over him.

example:

Saban: Hey Martz...

Saban: Instead of hanging around my office tring to give me advice and sitting at my desk, go outside and work with the offense alittle. Oh, and only work on RUNNING plays.

Martz: Uh, well, uh, I have to, uh, well you see Nick we don't allways have to run.....

Saban (interupting): Just get out there and make it happen. Oh, and Martz...

Saban: You can call me Coach Saban.

Martz (dejected): Ok Ni... Coach Saban.

Saban Would definitely let a guy like that know his place :evil:

You are correct,sir! I love it!!:sidelol: :dolphins:

:hail: (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=2#) Coach Saban :hail: (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=2#)

phinian
01-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Saban would chew martz up and spit him out. he is not a threat to anything we are building here. he is not going to be our next oc, he will not even be considered... the guy is a jerk off.

Dolphin North
01-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Sounds like he's trying his best to rationalize why he hasn't gotten much interest around the league.

Exactly. But wait. Saying he's not getting interest because he's too intimidating (we assume because of his greatness). That's not arrogant.:sidelol:

Basileus777
01-22-2006, 03:31 AM
Maybe Snyder will pay him 16 mil a year to be the redskins qb coach.

finfansince72
01-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Martz is a good offensive coordinator, it wasnt Vermeil's offense, Martz was the OC for Vermeil, it was his offense. Theres some real revisionist crap sometimes in these threads. The Rams offense in its day was the best in football. Martz developed Qbs out of late round picks like Green, Warner(undrafted I believe), Bulger, etc. Yes, he is arrogant and annoying but lets not act like he has no qualifications to be a OC. He likes to throw alot but so do most of the successful offenses in the NFL, Holmgren, Reid, Saunders, Linehan, etc. The league is a passing league now and Martz is a big reason why.

RevRick
01-22-2006, 08:57 AM
Martz is a good offensive coordinator, it wasnt Vermeil's offense, Martz was the OC for Vermeil, it was his offense. Theres some real revisionist crap sometimes in these threads. The Rams offense in its day was the best in football. Martz developed Qbs out of late round picks like Green, Warner(undrafted I believe), Bulger, etc. Yes, he is arrogant and annoying but lets not act like he has no qualifications to be a OC. He likes to throw alot but so do most of the successful offenses in the NFL, Holmgren, Reid, Saunders, Linehan, etc. The league is a passing league now and Martz is a big reason why.

One would have to assume you have never heard of Sid Gillman or Don Coryell. The league is a passing league because of those type of coaches about 40 years ago. Martz is just the latest practitioner of that type of offense, and far from being the best.

LarryFinFan
01-22-2006, 08:59 AM
"If somebody were to hire me as an offensive coordinator, unless that head coach is real strong and settled, there's the threat of looking over his shoulder," Martz said. "It could be an unsettling deal. ... It can unnerve a young head coach, I would think. And then another thing is if they hire you, they'd think you're going to jump out of there as soon as you can to be a head coach."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/01/21/a6c_dolphins_0121.html

This Bozo took over a Superbowl winning team that was built by Vermeil and returned them to their roots of sucking! He was hired as head coach only because Vermeil retired and now thinks that he is the second coming of Lombardi. Get lost jacka$$. If you were in such high demand, why haven't they been knocking your door down for one of the six or seven open head-coaching positions? BECAUSE YOU SUCK! :fire:

Hey Buddy....tell us how you really feel ???

LarryFinFan
01-22-2006, 09:01 AM

Wrong...that is the classic Vermeil offense...He tutored Martz into the position...Remember, he was the QB coach to start with in Stl...Martz is a great practitioner of that offense, but it's Vermiels offense at it's base.

Phinja
01-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Wrong...that is the classic Vermeil offense...He tutored Martz into the position...Remember, he was the QB coach to start with in Stl...Martz is a great practitioner of that offense, but it's Vermiels offense at it's base.

Exactly. Kind of like: "Here's the keys son. Put it in gear. Now, let your foot of the clutch while you give it a little gas... Ok now that you've had some practice, go ahead and run to the store and grab some milk."

Buddy
01-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Hey Buddy....tell us how you really feel ???

I got a little fired up, what can I say? You should see me when the Fins lose a game. I am T R Y I N G to recognize that it is "...just a game" as my wife likes to say. No such luck yet.

Ross
01-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Martz sounds pretty sane to me. There isn't to many HC's in the league that would want him on the staff for fear of quickly losing their job. He only created the greatest show on turf. he only wears a SB ring. he only has a winning percentage as a HC.

He's dead on about how a HC who is not secure in their Job would think with him on the staff. Saban fits the bill at what he is after...

maddendude
01-22-2006, 02:19 PM
I think what he said is true. Martz, after all, is a superbowl winner, and a really good O-coordinator. Young coaches will feel they have to be better than the him, cuz after all the O-coord is below the head coach.

And also, his health isnt exactly great. He doesnt want to be a liability for the team.

finfansince72
01-22-2006, 08:27 PM
One would have to assume you have never heard of Sid Gillman or Don Coryell. The league is a passing league because of those type of coaches about 40 years ago. Martz is just the latest practitioner of that type of offense, and far from being the best.

Ofcourse Martz learned from Vermeil who learned from these guys. When did I say he didnt? His Rams teams were the elite passing game in the league and their recent success has led to a lot of other teams adopting the offense. Martz is an inovative game planner and creates a great passing game. A lot of teams use schemes and plays he came up with. Ofcourse he didnt invent passing but he deserves his share of credit for the Rams passing success and he certainly can coach a Qb and run an offense. People act like he doesnt have qualifications or isnt a good OC, thats just laughable.