PDA

View Full Version : Georgetown beats Duke 87-84

Roman529
01-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Georgetown beat Duke in basketball for the first time since 1990....I beat Dukie Vitale is crying his eyes out. :cry:

TerryTate
01-21-2006, 04:52 PM
IF FLorida loses tonight, all three remaining undefeateds will lose today....

St. John's upset Pitt earlier.

what a game that was, I thought G'Town was going to blow it late.

DolphinDevil28
01-21-2006, 04:53 PM
I watched the game, Greg Paulus played like absolute garbage. Critical turnovers, missed layups, etc...

There is going to be some paint-peeling in Duke's locker room from Coach K, and I would HATE to be Duke's next opponent. :eek:

Roman529
01-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Good to see Georgetown playing good ball once again....they haven't made the NCAA tourney since 2001, but John Thompson Jr. has them playing good ball like back when Ewing was there. I thought Coach K was gonna steal this one. Florida is having a great year...can't wait for March Madness. :)

Noodle Arm
01-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Congrats GTown! It was one heck of an entertaining game. On a side note, Duke's JJ Redick is one of the best natural shooters I've seen in awhile.

MikeO
01-21-2006, 05:04 PM
That game shows the strength of the Big East from top to bottom. 10 teams in the NCAA might be much, but I think 9 is a lock. 10 wouldn't surprise!

RWhitney014
01-21-2006, 05:31 PM
A good friend I'm going to be with tonight is going to Duke next year. She's going to be fair game!

Samphin
01-21-2006, 05:36 PM
If Florida wins tonight, they overtake the number 1 spot! Of course, every other time they have had that spot, they promptly lose, so maybe this isn't a good thing...

Florida traditionally lets me down in the tourney as well. Hopefully this year will be different.

dob72
01-21-2006, 05:54 PM
good (edit) duke

Mod Edit: Please don't circumvent the profanity filter by using alternate characters.

wazzy
01-21-2006, 06:08 PM
I was shocked when I saw the highlights of the game. I honestly thought Duke was just going to smash Georgetown today!

DolphinDevil28
01-21-2006, 06:10 PM
good f@@@ duke

:shakeno:

The blind Duke hatred still never ceases to amaze me. Unreal.

amir7
01-21-2006, 06:29 PM
im a maryland fan so i have to hate duke, not my choice:lol: thank u georgetown

dm416
01-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Duke coulda won it at the end

byroan
01-21-2006, 06:46 PM
:sidelol:

DolphinDevil28
01-21-2006, 07:17 PM
:sidelol:

What are you laughing at? :lol:

Do I have to tell you what UNC is ranked?? ...Oh wait, they are NOT! Oops.

MikeO
01-21-2006, 07:28 PM
:shakeno:

The blind Duke hatred still never ceases to amaze me. Unreal.

It's not blind. It's like ND football. Everything is geared towards them so the non-duke fans will just hate to no end!

phunwin
01-21-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm a 'Cuse guy, but have long had a soft spot for Duke (and, I should add, no particular love for G-Town). Great game by the Hoyas, but man, Paulus should be taken behind the arena and shot. What an awful game. Last possession, they need a three, and he doesn't even GLANCE at JJ Redick!

G-Town did a great job of beating Duke's backcourt pressure. That was the key to the game. They got probably a dozen free points with those over-the-top passes. Tons of credit to JT3, who basically said, "hell, we'll keep calling it until they stop it."

byroan
01-21-2006, 08:12 PM
What are you laughing at? :lol:

Should I remind you who won it all last year? That championship was well worth losing our top 7 scorers this year.

DolphinDevil28
01-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Should I remind you who won it all last year? That championship was well worth losing our top 7 scorers this year.

Same exact number of Championships as Duke in the last 4 years.

Besides, Duke is going to win it all this year.

MikeO
01-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Same exact number of Championships as Duke in the last 4 years.

Duke win it all this year? Ouch, I don't think so. They are good and will be in the hunt but I think WV is the team to beat. In my opinion the best team in the country hands down!

phunwin
01-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Duke win it all this year? Ouch, I don't think so. They are good and will be in the hunt but I think WV is the team to beat. In my opinion the best team in the country hands down!

I don't like teams that rely so heavily on the 3. One cold day from the field, and they're done in the tourney. It's hard to be hot from outside the arc for 6 straight games. Duke, at least, can go inside if they're running cold, though they certainly take their share of 3s.

DolphinDevil28
01-21-2006, 08:44 PM

I'm definitely having WV in my sleeper category for my bracket this year.

But I just see something different in this Duke team this year than the previous few years. They played HORRIBLY today and still almost won it at the end.
Come tourney time, they will be rolling.

Ferretsquig
01-21-2006, 09:03 PM
No doubt Duke is the ACC champ and one of the better teams out there after everyone left for the NBA last year. But they are nothing without Williams, he is what allows them to press on defense. Get him in foul trouble and most any tourney team can beat em.....or if Reddick has a bad shooting day anyone can beat em...he takes half the shots.

They're a team with no depth who rely on one jump shooter to cary the offensive load. Granted he is really good, but will he be that good 8 games in a row? Prior tourneys suggest otherwise.

MikeO
01-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Granted he is really good, but will he be that good 8 games in a row? Prior tourneys suggest otherwise.

Well he would only need to be good for 6!

Samphin
01-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Florida lost too.

FaninPatsyLand
01-21-2006, 10:29 PM
That game shows the strength of the Big East from top to bottom. 10 teams in the NCAA might be much, but I think 9 is a lock. 10 wouldn't surprise!

No doubt..

The Big East is so much better than the ACC its not even funny. It's great to see.

byroan
01-22-2006, 02:59 AM

They won't win the whole tourney. They don't have the depth to win it all. They also have to rely on one shooter. If MSU can continue to improve their defense, I think they'll win it all.

SMadison29
01-22-2006, 03:15 AM
I'm so happy :D I can't stand Duke.

If only Kentucky could get their s*** together.

GreenMonster
01-22-2006, 10:47 AM

I have heard it all now.. Many of you guys are slipping on the new #1 team in the country UCONN. With Marcus Williams back running the show, we will be a beast of a team come tourney time. We made Syracuse look very average on Big Mon. and we didn't even play very well.

For all of you Duke lovers, Uconn has been the better basketball program of the last 10 years.

MikeO
01-22-2006, 12:32 PM
I have heard it all now.. Many of you guys are slipping on the new #1 team in the country UCONN. With Marcus Williams back running the show, we will be a beast of a team come tourney time. We made Syracuse look very average on Big Mon. and we didn't even play very well.

For all of you Duke lovers, Uconn has been the better basketball program of the last 10 years.

UCONN is good and will be there in the end. If they don't steal anymore laptops or anything like that and can stay out of trouble (which I don't think they can) they will be there.

phunwin
01-22-2006, 02:21 PM

You're being too modest; they made the 'Cuse look downright terrible, in the Loud House no less. That game was 88-80 and could have easily been about 100-70. UConn shut it down early in the second half and the game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated. If I had to bet on a national champ now, I'd probably put my cash on Connecticut.

This is not a good year for SU. One and done in the NCAA tourney. Hopefully those hotshot recruiting classes they've got lined up will get things back on track. Through no fault of his own, I think this team will be better once Gerry McNamara graduates. They've become WAY too reliant on him to do everything. If I had a nickel for every time I saw Roberts and Watkins standing around idly watching McNamara try to create a shot for himself, I'd be a wealthy man. (And if I had a dime for every time those two committed a completely useless foul, I could probably buy a small Central American nation and declare myself dictator for life.)

And yes, I'm off topic and don't care at all. I'm still simmering over SU's pathetic effort last night against Villanova.

DolphinDevil28
01-22-2006, 02:27 PM
They won't win the whole tourney. They don't have the depth to win it all. They also have to rely on one shooter. If MSU can continue to improve their defense, I think they'll win it all.

They had to rely on JJ because Shelden Williams was in foul trouble the whole game, Greg Paulus caught down syndrome for two hours, and no one else could hit an open shot.

That usually doesn't happen. The next time Shelden Williams only scores 4 points, I'll send you $100.

UCONN and MSU are very good, and I would expect them to be there in the Final Four right along with Duke.

Josh McRoberts still has not gotten comfortable in his role. He is not aggressive enough on offense. He is good at crashing the boards though. By tourney time, he'll be playing very well. Watch.

Also, you have to keep in mind Duke's best perimeter defender, Demarcus Nelson, is still hurt. All those cuts and slashes that Georgetown made yesterday would have been slowed down by Demarcus. He'll be back in a week or two.

MikeO
01-22-2006, 02:39 PM
You're being too modest; they made the 'Cuse look downright terrible, in the Loud House no less. That game was 88-80 and could have easily been about 100-70. UConn shut it down early in the second half and the game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated. If I had to bet on a national champ now, I'd probably put my cash on Connecticut.

This is not a good year for SU. One and done in the NCAA tourney. Hopefully those hotshot recruiting classes they've got lined up will get things back on track. Through no fault of his own, I think this team will be better once Gerry McNamara graduates. They've become WAY too reliant on him to do everything. If I had a nickel for every time I saw Roberts and Watkins standing around idly watching McNamara try to create a shot for himself, I'd be a wealthy man. (And if I had a dime for every time those two committed a completely useless foul, I could probably buy a small Central American nation and declare myself dictator for life.)

And yes, I'm off topic and don't care at all. I'm still simmering over SU's pathetic effort last night against Villanova.

SU has one of the top 2 or 3 recruits in teh country coming in next year (Paul Harris). Then the following year they have 4 studs coming in. Recruiting class ranked #1 or 2 depending on who you read. We will be back!

Boik14
01-23-2006, 02:19 AM
That game shows the strength of the Big East from top to bottom. 10 teams in the NCAA might be much, but I think 9 is a lock. 10 wouldn't surprise!true story. Big east > rest of college basketball.

Boik14
01-23-2006, 02:20 AM
SU has one of the top 2 or 3 recruits in teh country coming in next year (Paul Harris). Then the following year they have 4 studs coming in. Recruiting class ranked #1 or 2 depending on who you read. We will be back! Good to see other Cuse fans around here. :)

nyjunc
01-23-2006, 09:56 AM

No it doesn't, it's a fluky win at home. That doesn't show us anything about the BE. Outside of WV, UConn and 'Nova the BE is all mediocre. it's probably the best conf but it's not as strong as it should be w/ so many teams.

Duke coulda won it at the end

They could have but JJ was typical JJ under pressure. he had a great game overall but missed a few open 3's late and took some terrible shots.

Actually as of right now w are, when the polls come out later we won't be but as of now we are and do I have to remind you the Heels are defending National Champions?

Not w/ JJ as your go to guy.

I'm definitely having WV in my sleeper category for my bracket this year.

I think they are going to be picked by alot of people and I see them going out by rd 2.

The Big East is so much better than the ACC its not even funny. It's great to see.

It's just 1 year, it happens every once in a while but in most years the ACC is better and that will continue no matter how many teams the BE brings in. Let's not forget all the talent that left early including 4 from the best team in the Country.

We made Syracuse look very average on Big Mon. and we didn't even play very well.

That might be b/c SU is very average.

nyjunc
01-23-2006, 03:22 PM

it turns out we are still ranked. Click the link:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/usatpoll.htm

MikeO
01-28-2006, 12:50 AM
No it doesn't, it's a fluky win at home. That doesn't show us anything about the BE. Outside of WV, UConn and 'Nova the BE is all mediocre. it's probably the best conf but it's not as strong as it should be w/ so many teams.

Seton Hall (mid to lower level BE team) goes to NC STATE (ranked #14 overall) and wins by 20!!!!

The BE conference is strong TOP to BOTTOM! No cupcakes anywhere!

FaninPatsyLand
01-28-2006, 12:57 AM
Seton Hall (mid to lower level BE team) goes to NC STATE (ranked #14 overall) and wins by 20!!!!

Those are my BOYS. Kelly Whitney and Donald Copeland are two very solid players, we have some talent, we just aren't very consistent.

Watch out for Paul Gause, the freshman guard, that kid is going to be a hell of a player. We got Syracuse on Sunday in the Carrier Dome, a winnable game. For the first time in a while, I have confidence that we can beat some teams on the road.

Looking at the rest of our schedule, we can very easily win 8-9 games in the Big East after most thought this would be a down year. I'll admit I was very much down on Louis Orr, but if he can coax 9 BE wins out of this Hall team, he has done a great job.

GreenMonster
01-28-2006, 01:03 AM

The BE is by far the strongest conference. Can the BE get 10 teams in this year..? I don't think so but, its possible.

FaninPatsyLand
01-28-2006, 01:13 AM

First off, where's Pittsburgh? If they're mediocre, then the ACC sucks.

Probably the best conference? It's definitely the best conference in college basketball, and that's not even debatable. Followed by the Big 10 then the ACC.

The way I see it, the only legitimate team the ACC has is Duke. BC sucks, they'll be overrated by the time the tournament rolls around like they are every year. Then they'll proceed to lose in the first round to Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

Seton Hall proved that NCST simply isn't very good (can you say ZERO inside presence? Simmons was shut down by a mediocre, at best, center rotation). If they aren't hitting their 3's, they look average VERY quickly, much like West Virginia. That happens to be one of the reasons I'm not high on the Mountaineers either, but that's for another discussion.

It says something when the annual punching bag of the Big East, Miami, makes the transition to the ACC and actually makes some noise in their first year.

nyjunc
01-28-2006, 08:32 AM

Stop it was a lucky game, SH still stinks. NC State is a top ACC team but w/ the ACC very down they are not a great team.

Does it mean Conf USA is strong top to bottom since 9th place marshall beat West Va? of course not, it was just a fluky win.

First off, where's Pittsburgh? If they're mediocre, then the ACC sucks.

Pitt's only quality wins are against overrated BE teams(UL and SU). They ALWAYS have a great reg season and flamed out quickly in the Tourney b/c they play such a weak non-conf sched then beat up on all the bad BE teams(as many good teams as there are there ar just as many bad teams) to inflate their record.

There's no doubt the BE is better than the ACC this year(it's one of those very rare years) but stop acting like this is '85 BE.

The way I see it, the only legitimate team the ACC has is Duke. BC sucks, they'll be overrated by the time the tournament rolls around like they are every year. Then they'll proceed to lose in the first round to Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

I agre and the BE ahs 2 legit title contenders in 'Nova and UConn. By the way BC is mid of the pack so far in the ACC yet they won the BE reg season title last year(shared it).

It says something when the annual punching bag of the Big East, Miami, makes the transition to the ACC and actually makes some noise in their first year.

Miami was a good team fro a few years making the Tourney so they were not the annual punching bag this decade and they had a very young team as did va tech. I think it says something that BC wins the BE reg season title last year then comes to the ACC in a down year and already has 3 ACC losses.

Nappy Roots
01-28-2006, 02:41 PM
anyone watching the gtown game today vs. cinnci?

GreenMonster
01-28-2006, 02:52 PM
anyone watching the gtown game today vs. cinnci?

I will be watching UCONN beat the crap out of Providence on the road.

FaninPatsyLand
01-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Stop it was a lucky game, SH still stinks. NC State is a top ACC team but w/ the ACC very down they are not a great team.

There's no doubt the BE is better than the ACC this year(it's one of those very rare years) but stop acting like this is '85 BE.

Yeah Seton Hall stinks, they only beat the **** out of NC State in their own house. They're miserable. I'll be the first to admit, they are very inconsistent, but stinks is alittle harsh. They are a mediocre Big East team.

And the BE is better than the ACC, thank you, that's all I was waiting to hear.

FaninPatsyLand
01-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Seton Hall (mid to lower level BE team)

Lower level Big East team? Please, they are as good, if not better than Syracuse. Let's not make this out to sound like Seton Hall sucks, they are clearly better than the lower level Big East teams like Providence, South Florida, Depaul and Notre Dame.

They're inconsistent, but they have more talent than any of those teams. They are right on par with BE teams like Syracuse and Louisville.

FaninPatsyLand
01-28-2006, 03:51 PM
I will be watching UCONN beat the crap out of Providence on the road.

I expect this one to be a hard fought game. I don't think UCONN is going to run away and hide.. going to be close all game IMO.

Rutgers is hammering Louisville as I speak, can't say I'm surprised. The RAC is not an easy place to play.

GreenMonster
01-28-2006, 04:04 PM
I expect this one to be a hard fought game. I don't think UCONN is going to run away and hide.. going to be close all game IMO.

Rutgers is hammering Louisville as I speak, can't say I'm surprised. The RAC is not an easy place to play.

Once again we played awful, turnovers, bad defense by Marcus Williams and pointless fouls.. Needless to say we are Uconn usually play better in the 2nd half of games. These lackluster efforts are starting to scare me, but our inside defense is downright scary. We are avg. a silly 9.2 blocks a game. 37-29 at the half..

Seton Hall is a decent BE team that has its ups and downs. They are not even close to the worst team in the league somewhere in the middle to back of the pack.

GreenMonster
01-28-2006, 04:05 PM

Louisville is the most overrated team in Mens Basketball. They are 2-4 in the Big East..

FaninPatsyLand
01-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Once again we played awful, turnovers, bad defense by Marcus Williams and pointless fouls.. Needless to say we are Uconn usually play better in the 2nd half of games. These lackluster efforts are starting to scare me, but our inside defense is downright scary. We are avg. a silly 9.2 blocks a game. 37-29 at the half..

I like this UCONN team alot. As of right now, they are without a doubt the best team in the Big East, and that includes Villanova. However, if Nova gets healthy.. primarily Curtis Sumpter, then that can change in an instant.

GreenMonster
01-28-2006, 05:07 PM
I like this UCONN team alot. As of right now, they are without a doubt the best team in the Big East, and that includes Villanova. However, if Nova gets healthy.. primarily Curtis Sumpter, then that can change in an instant.

76-62 win on the road.. We didn't play well but good enough to beat Providence on the road. I can't wait till we play Villanova, but next week we play Pitt and at Indiana which will be a tough test..

nyjunc
01-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Yeah Seton Hall stinks, they only beat the **** out of NC State in their own house. They're miserable. I'll be the first to admit, they are very inconsistent, but stinks is alittle harsh. They are a mediocre Big East team.

And the BE is better than the ACC, thank you, that's all I was waiting to hear.

It happens, in '03 w/o Sean may we were a mediocre ACC team and beat Connecticut then we beat themagain the next yr when they won the title. We weren't better than them either year but games like that happen.

Lower level Big East team? Please, they are as good, if not better than Syracuse.

neither team is very good, SH has 1 quality won and SU has none.

Louisville is the most overrated team in Mens Basketball. They are 2-4 in the Big East..

Neithe Louisville or SU have a win over a top 50 RPI team. yes UL is very overrated and they were a top 10 tam comning into the year which was crazy. Pitino will have them back as a big time team but it will not be this year.

I think it's close btw UConn and 'Nova. This is not a UConn team like '99 or '04. They are very good but not great YET. I don't think there is a great team in CBB this year.

MikeO
01-29-2006, 11:59 AM
You guys can talk Nova and UCONN all ya want, WV is the best team in the conference!

nyjunc
01-29-2006, 12:57 PM
You guys can talk Nova and UCONN all ya want, WV is the best team in the conference!

just ask Marshall :lol: WV has all the classic signs of a team that will not make it out of the 1st weekend of the Tourney. Great run last year, team still intact, high expectations this year, will be a hot pick by many "experts". Mark my words they will not make it out of the first weekend.

MikeO
01-29-2006, 01:35 PM
just ask Marshall :lol: WV has all the classic signs of a team that will not make it out of the 1st weekend of the Tourney. Great run last year, team still intact, high expectations this year, will be a hot pick by many "experts". Mark my words they will not make it out of the first weekend.

They are 5-0 in the toughtest conference in the country. Have wins AT Oklahoma (by damn near 30), AT Nova, and AT UCLA. They went to Texas and only lost by 1.

Sure, they lost to Marshall. OK, nobody is perfect. The fact they played Marshall in the middle of hte Big East schedule tells me they probably mailed that one in and took the night off.

GreenMonster
01-29-2006, 02:06 PM

I can't wait till we get to play them. Gansey better have a great day shooting because they will not be scoring inside. You also forgot to mention a home loss to the worst Kentucky team in years, and losing to LSU at home. Uconn should be unbeaten had Steve Novak not thrown down 41 on us.

FaninPatsyLand
01-29-2006, 03:04 PM

I tend to agree... they had a good couple of weeks last year, and they are simply living off the hype they created. They aren't on the level of UConn or Nova.

FaninPatsyLand
01-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Syracuse who??

We played terrible and still pulled one out. 2 straight wins on the road against ranked opponents. @ Providence on Wednesday..

GO Hall..

GreenMonster
01-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Syracuse who??

We played terrible and still pulled one out. 2 straight wins on the road against ranked opponents. @ Providence on Wednesday..

GO Hall..

The Cuse were so overrated after that early win. They will just wait till next year when more help comes in.

FaninPatsyLand
01-29-2006, 07:55 PM
The Cuse were so overrated after that early win. They will just wait till next year when more help comes in.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Syracuse sucks. They just simply aren't very good at all. Hall had 22 turnovers, missed 3 straight FT's in the single bonus, and just played sloppy overall. Yet, they found a way to win on the road... great week for us.

We're 7th in the Big East now, and if we continue to take care of business, we could concievably recieve an NCAA invitation. The next 4 games @ Providence, Rutgers, @ South Florida, @ DePaul are all very winnable games. If we take care of business, we're home for the next two against Connecticut and West Virginia. We pull an upset of WV... and watch out.

Not a bad position to be in, especially after coming into the season thinking an NIT invitation would be a stretch...

GreenMonster
01-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Syracuse sucks. They just simply aren't very good at all. Hall had 22 turnovers, missed 3 straight FT's in the single bonus, and just played sloppy overall. Yet, they found a way to win on the road... great week for us.

We're 7th in the Big East now, and if we continue to take care of business, we could concievably recieve an NCAA invitation. The next 4 games @ Providence, Rutgers, @ South Florida, @ DePaul are all very winnable games. If we take care of business, we're home for the next two against Connecticut and West Virginia. We pull an upset of WV... and watch out.

Not a bad position to be in, especially after coming into the season thinking an NIT invitation would be a stretch...

You guys could upset Uconn, we are known to play crappy on the road. I really want all the Big East teams to get in. You guys should also have a shot at beating WV after beating on of the best the ACC has to offer.

FaninPatsyLand
01-29-2006, 08:39 PM
You guys could upset Uconn, we are known to play crappy on the road. I really want all the Big East teams to get in. You guys should also have a shot at beating WV after beating on of the best the ACC has to offer.

I don't think we have any prayer of beating UConn, the talent is so superior, it's not even really close. I can see us upsetting West Virginia though, simply because I don't think they're as good as advertised.

GreenMonster
01-29-2006, 09:02 PM
I don't think we have any prayer of beating UConn, the talent is so superior, it's not even really close. I can see us upsetting West Virginia though, simply because I don't think they're as good as advertised.

Our talent is 2nd to none, I hope Calhoun gets us on the same page come tourney time. I can only imagine if we had Villanueva, Bynum, and Price. Glad to see some of the rookies get time because Gay, Boone, Armstrong, and maybe Marcus Williams could all be gone next year. (Along with Ed Nelson lol)

phunwin
01-31-2006, 07:39 PM

Ordinarily, I'd write a 5000 word treatise after a statement like that, giving about 30 different reasons why you're wrong.

But this year, I'll just nod my head in sad agreement. The Cuse does suck this year. They'll probably squeak into the Big Dance (at some point, they'll jam a cattle prod up Roberts' and Watkins' *****), but not by much. Not a good year at all. Way too much of the big men standing around watching McNamara and Devendorf. Stop the backcourt, you stop the Cuse, that's all there is to it. As I've said before, McNamara needs to graduate before they can get better. They've relied on him way too much over the last 4 years.

FaninPatsyLand
01-31-2006, 09:23 PM
Ordinarily, I'd write a 5000 word treatise after a statement like that, giving about 30 different reasons why you're wrong.

But this year, I'll just nod my head in sad agreement. The Cuse does suck this year. They'll probably squeak into the Big Dance (at some point, they'll jam a cattle prod up Roberts' and Watkins' *****), but not by much. Not a good year at all. Way too much of the big men standing around watching McNamara and Devendorf. Stop the backcourt, you stop the Cuse, that's all there is to it. As I've said before, McNamara needs to graduate before they can get better. They've relied on him way too much over the last 4 years.

Nothing to be ashamed of.. Devendorf is going to be a stud for you guys. Not to mention, that you guys always recruit well and have one of the best coaches in the history of College Basketball.

It says alot about the successes of your program when both of our teams are essentially in the same situation, yet you concede that Syracuse hasn't had a good year. However on the flip side, I'm delerious over the fact that the Hall is even a bubble team. Our program has never recovered from the departure of Andre Barrett.

Our talent is 2nd to none, I hope Calhoun gets us on the same page come tourney time. I can only imagine if we had Villanueva, Bynum, and Price. Glad to see some of the rookies get time because Gay, Boone, Armstrong, and maybe Marcus Williams could all be gone next year. (Along with Ed Nelson lol)

I guess we'll use this as a Big East thread cause I don't feel like creating a seperate thread. Anyway...

GreenMonster, UConn pulled out a tough one yesterday against a very solid and dangerous Pitt team.

As for me, I'm extremely nervous about tonights game. You never know which Hall team is going to show up, and this is a dangerous Providence team we are playing at the 'Dunk. We need to find a way tonight if we have any aspirations of getting invited to the Big Dance.