PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Michael Huff

elandre
01-05-2006, 01:39 AM
After watching the game i think we def need to draft Huff ~!

I dont know much about him but he is def the DB we need on this team
what are your thoughts ??
He is SUper Quick and can tackle !
:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Eric-Honduras
01-05-2006, 01:40 AM
trade up for Leinart or young..lol

Dolfan4life34
01-05-2006, 01:45 AM
after watchin the game i kinda liked bing over huff they were both solid but we need that ss who ccan come up in the box and lay the wood i feel more then the FS spot bell and tillman both play thata spot and bing can take care of jones and let us cut him

PhinsPhan
01-05-2006, 01:46 AM
Do we really need to talk about Young and Leinhart in a Huff thread? There are already enough threads on those two.

Huff is great and I would be interested to see where he is projected. He is a big physical corner that fits Sabans mold. I would love the guy.

Motion
01-05-2006, 01:48 AM
I'm definitely all for Huff if Cutler is gone.

FuturePhin
01-05-2006, 01:48 AM
Huff was bringing down everybody tonight. He fits the physical mold that Saban likes. I cant wait for this draft!!

PhinsPhan
01-05-2006, 01:49 AM
The thing is Huff is not just a great player but he fills one of our needs and would fit into Sabans system.

Last year Thomas Davis went 16 I think and he turned out alright.

elandre
01-05-2006, 01:52 AM
The guy is a huge DB and has amazing speed i hope he is around for the 15th pick or whatever we end up with :evil:

twg76
01-05-2006, 01:53 AM
after watchin the game i kinda liked bing over huff

Bing seemed to be more attitude than talent. Bing played pretty good though.

I thought Huff looked really good. He made some great open field tackles. One for a loss, and one where he brought down a big FB with only one arm. It was an all-pro tackle. I can see him making big plays when the ball is up in the air in open field (deep passes). I don't think he is much of a run stuffer up the middle. Sammy Knight was good at that. John Lynch is known for that as well.

Huff could bring some big play-making talent to the secondary. Miami already has a strong D-line and LB core, so you have to bank on the run getting stopped by the front 7.

It will be a toss between Michael Huff and Chad Greenway with the first pick. Both guys can greatly improve Miami's defense. Cutler may be picked, but he might not be available at 16.

TotoreMexico
01-05-2006, 01:56 AM
I'm definitely all for Huff if Cutler is gone.

:yes: I agree

kastofsna120
01-05-2006, 02:00 AM
huff proved a lot more than young

unifiedtheory
01-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Michael Huff is the real deal.

He would look GREAT in aqua.

PhinsPhan
01-05-2006, 02:09 AM
I don't know why everyone is talking about Bing. I think he has been overrated all year and this game proved it. I didn't think he did anything that warrants him being mentioned in the same class as Huff.

kastofsna120
01-05-2006, 02:14 AM
Michael Huff is the real deal.

He would look GREAT in aqua.
huff was everywhere on the field. what a beast....hope no scouts watched the game so he doesn't skyrocket into the top 10

PhinsPhan
01-05-2006, 02:15 AM
huff was everywhere on the field. what a beast....hope no scouts watched the game so he doesn't skyrocket into the top 10

I think him being a saftey will keep him out of the top 10.

ether79
01-05-2006, 02:17 AM

He can play every postion in the secondary. I would love it if we could get Huff.

kastofsna120
01-05-2006, 02:19 AM
sean taylor disagrees

elandre
01-05-2006, 02:27 AM
sean taylor disagrees

Sean Taylor was the best D player in the draft ofcourse he was going to go top 10 !

Im going to church on sunday and saying a prayer that we get this guy

PhinsPhan
01-05-2006, 02:29 AM
sean taylor disagrees

Huff is not anywhere close to the best defensive player in the draft.

kastofsna120
01-05-2006, 02:30 AM
Huff is not anywhere close to the best defensive player in the draft.
not anywhere close?? he's clearly a top 3 defensive player now, arguably 1 or 2

wazzy
01-05-2006, 02:31 AM
not anywhere close?? he's clearly a top 3 defensive player now, arguably 1 or 2

Ya I am hoping he falls to 16 if Cutler is not there!

caneaddict
01-05-2006, 02:33 AM
Everyone see the stiff arm Lendale White threw on Huff and just took him to the ground? That was sick.

Regardless I agree that Huff was everywhere and fits Saban's system well.

Spicy Henne
01-05-2006, 02:33 AM

He played SS for Texas this season, but he looks like a corner to me.
More so than Jimmy Williams.
Michael Huff was awesome...great cover guy who's not afraid of contact.
As a matter of fact, If I could remember where all the draft sigs were, I'd trade my Cutler in for a Michael Huff tonight.

Danny
01-05-2006, 02:36 AM
I like Huff, the only thing is wether he's gonna be a safety or a corner but Nick took Daniels last year probably not sure if he was gonna play safety or corner.The big difference is that he was a 4th rounder.I'd take Greenway over Huff....Nick's proven he can get DB's later on...but a guy like Greenway along with Zack and Crowder would be great.Of course they could both be gone by the time we pick along with Cutler.We may have to go LT at 16 if that's the BAP on the board at that time.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Alex44
01-05-2006, 02:43 AM
sean taylor disagrees

and Ed Reed agrees

Being a saftey wont take him out of the top 10 but it lowers his chances

finswin56
01-05-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm definitely all for Huff if Cutler is gone.Definitely. Those two are at the top of my wish list.

Canadi-Phin
01-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Huff and Bing seem to be hitting everything that mvoed last night. Bing was the only person who could bring Young down on any sort of consistence. Huff played great against the run, he was on all the hits of White. Both would be great picks and would fit a need that we have. I would prefer Huff cause he's more versatile but Bing could fill Jones' spot easily.

nick1
01-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Huff played well in coverage and he is a great tackler, I want Huff because there's no way we get Young and Culter is going top 10 after the Senior Bowl and Combine

SammySmif
01-06-2006, 05:51 PM
This guy really showed my something in the NT game. He was physical, and excellent in man coverage. We will most likely not have a shot at Cutler and that's ok. I think we can get a nice QB in later rounds. We really need a young stud DB to get back to the glory days. I think Huff may be that guy..thoughts?

K-Ram
01-06-2006, 06:02 PM
If we don't trade for a Qb I see the first four rounds in the draft like this

1.Michael Huff
2.Manny Lawson
3.Greg Blue
4.Charlie Whitehurst

Phinz1972
01-06-2006, 06:03 PM
This guy really showed my something in the NT game. He was physical, and excellent in man coverage. We will most likely not have a shot at Cutler and that's ok. I think we can get a nice QB in later rounds. We really need a young stud DB to get back to the glory days. I think Huff may be that guy..thoughts?

Huff is a playmaker that can play both CB and FS, but you have to look at the teams drafting before us, Oakland is looking to fix their defense in many spots, Rams really need a secondary, and I see the Browns using their early 1st round pick on defense also because Romeo is building their defense to keep them in games and make big plays when the offense is on a drought. So he may not be there when we draft.

Also, I do think we are to keep draft prospects and all that in the draft forum to keep the the main forum from all the clutter and stuff(not saying your post is not good views, just saying it's draft talk).

t2thejz
01-06-2006, 06:06 PM
What about the Longhorns other CB? He looked good too. I think he is a senior and maybe we could pick him up in the later rounds

DolfanDaveInATX
01-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Huff would immediately become the best tackler in the secondary and the second-best tackler on the team behind another Texan, Zach Thomas. Huff would be the best strong safety we've had since Louis Oliver. Thumbs up for Michael Huff at #16.

Amars
01-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Im all for Huff. He is a good tackler and big hitter but the best thing about him is that he's smart. That why I think they call him the professor.

twg76
01-06-2006, 06:13 PM
If Miami doesn't trade up, it will be between Huff and Greenway at pick 16.

dolphin23
01-06-2006, 06:14 PM
I too like Huff but if Cutler is still available in the 16th slot my choice would be to fix the qb problem that we've had since Marino left. but unfortunately i feel both would be long gone when our turn is up. Im crossing my finger for either one.

LarryFinFan
01-06-2006, 06:15 PM

Depends on FA and if/who we get as QB to replace Gus...but I'd love to have Huff and I'm sure that Saban has a soft spot for any DB....

Fins23
01-06-2006, 06:30 PM
I would love to get Huff 16th and if he he is still there then that would be great. However aswell as the Rams Raiders and Browns going D in the first around i think the Lions will go D and also the Falcons could go D exspecially secondary cuz theres not many WR's so if Huff is there that would be great and IMO he is the Dolphins best need in the draft inless there was possiblibilty to get Vince Young but thats it

Motion
01-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Definitely my pick if Cutler is gone.

unifiedtheory
01-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Cutler, Huff or Greenway in that order.

Any of those three and I'm a happy camper.

Regan21286
01-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Huff's fine. I'd want to take a look at Jonathan Scott instead for our OL or any 1st round QB for that matter.

madmike
01-06-2006, 09:12 PM
If we don't trade for a Qb I see the first four rounds in the draft like this

1.Michael Huff
2.Manny Lawson
3.Greg Blue
4.Charlie Whitehursti think i could live with that,but i would like to squeeze in the the left tackle from U.M

madmike
01-06-2006, 09:16 PM
remember guys that many teams will try to get some of the FA QB's that will be available cause many drafted a QB last year in the draft. Jay cutler just might be there when we pick,also don't forget a team is NOT going to pay 1st roud $$$$$ to someone they THINK or take a chance on him. WE could offer sam madison as a move up in the draft compensation cause i don't think we will keep him.

HysterikiLL
01-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Tebucky will be cut IMO so we'll have some added need for depth in the backfield. Huff would upgrade us BIG TIME but I have him going top 10 on my board. He's much faster than everyone thinks and will move up due to the combine.

Dors156
01-07-2006, 12:01 AM
we dont need a linebacker in the first huff is a good fit

Danny
01-07-2006, 03:04 AM
I like Huff as much as anyone here but I don't like taking DB's in round 1.We've always found some good DB's later on like Sam,Pat,Poole,Daniels and Bell.We got Lance and Tillman in free agency and also Marion and Walker was a late round pick too when he was here.I think we should use our top pick on a LB(Greenway?) or a LT(plenty to choose from) instead of a DB.I won't cry if we take Huff but we should go in another direction imo.

Ozzy rules!!

phins1381
01-11-2006, 01:09 PM
1. michael huff texas cb ( if cutler is gone and he is still there, gotta get him

2. omar jacobs bowling green qb ( looks more and more to be qb of this team if cutler is gone in 1st )

3 spencer havner ucla lb ( it would be nice to see him there, great run stopper )

3 alan zemaitis penn st cb ( via trade to sd for madison ) they are looking for a shutdown cb

4 jabari levy ot south carolina ( handled uga all day and uf too nicely )

7 dallas baker wr florida ( not a bad wr to see there in the 7th )

7 chris kuper og north dakota ( anither guard for for hawk to teach )

7 jay McCariens cb princeton 9 saw him play for last 3 years has great talent, even better return man..scored 3 tds off of kickoffs this year and had 9 ints this year with 2 going for td's , his brother is justin from the jets...this guy can play ,won many awards this season, if he is there in 7th he is worth it

23Dolphins34
01-11-2006, 01:32 PM
It's my understanding that we had 2 5th round picks prior to the supplemental draft. Am I correct in that statement?

TimeGap
01-11-2006, 01:54 PM
I wish Jay McCariens would be there in the 7th round, he'll be a steal at that spot.

TimeGap
01-11-2006, 01:57 PM
What do you guy's think about Mike Hass wr from Organ State, All he does is catch everything thrown his way. I would love to see us draft him in the 4th.

phins1381
01-11-2006, 02:12 PM
i dont think we have a 5th every mock draft i saw has us with no 5th, i think we proble traded that pick cause wanny was dumb ....as far as haas from osu goes i like him but im thinking we need more of a burner and think we may not need a wr at 4 ..baker is quite fast and if he is there in the 7th i love that

nick1
01-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Miami will need a safety in this draft so here's a look at some of my favorite prospects:

Michael Huff - very good in coverage and tackling, very fast, agruably the best safety in the draft, has a knack for the ball and was a Ed Reed type safety in college

LaRon Landry - could play either FS or SS, has good size and speed, Saban used to coach him

Ko Simpson - a ballhawk with good speed, a playmaker, has the greatest potential of any safety in the draft

Greg Blue - very fast, very good in coverage, a true head hunter

Daniel Bullocks - has good speed, very good in run support, a ballhawk

I really like Huff and Blue, some people say that Huff is the next Ed Reed and thats a good comparison. As for Blue, I would say he is like a faster John Lynch

TimeGap
01-11-2006, 02:34 PM
You forgot Anthony Smith all this guy do is make big plays, Another guy to look at is Jazzman Williams from Boston college he can play both safty and corner. He's a very physical player.

Dolfan1000
01-11-2006, 02:38 PM
We already used our 5th- it was Manny Wright. We just drafted him a year early.

BennyVW
01-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Bing?

nick1
01-11-2006, 02:44 PM
I'd like to get your imput on those safeties, I have either never seen the other safety's or don't have enough to right my opinion on them. the above are my favorite prospects

Oboy
01-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Um, almost positive Dallas Baker is going back to school.

I also think 3 alan zemaitis penn st cb will be gone by the 3rd....(or even getting a 3rd for Madison is a stretch)

Amars
01-11-2006, 03:49 PM
I think we definately need to upgrade our secondary. I like Huff. He has the size,speed and instinct and can freakin TACKLE for crying out loud. Im not a mock guru but I do think he'll fall with Lendale and,Bush and Young declaring.

Oboy
01-11-2006, 03:53 PM
I doubt it. I can hope though

dominizzo
01-11-2006, 04:19 PM
ya top 20

Dolfan1000
01-11-2006, 05:43 PM
It will be close. I could see the Falcons grabbing him right before us.

That would suck.

AZfinfan
01-11-2006, 08:51 PM
I would love to see Huff in the aqua and orange. I think that there are a couple of teams before us that could potentially take a safety though. Anyone know where Darnell Bing is projected. Hell I don't even know what year he is, I just like him.

phinfan_1
01-11-2006, 09:28 PM
I can't imagine he'll still be there. He's rated the best S in the draft. If he's still there I'll be surprized. It would be nice though.

vmarcilfan75
01-11-2006, 10:21 PM
i dont think he gets past St Louis...

twg76
01-11-2006, 10:46 PM
He is considered a top 2 DB in the draft right now. He may drop a spot if someone steps up before the draft. Miami has a chance to get him. It is about 50/50 though.

Danny
01-12-2006, 03:33 AM
It is posible that he could be there at 16 but it doesn't mean that Nick will take him.It all depends on who Nick has rated on his board of the players that will still be there at 16.He could move down and then take Landry later on and add a pick.At this pooint everything is posible.

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

HysterikiLL
01-12-2006, 10:22 PM
IMO, he's going to really impress and go before he gets to us, but if he was to slip to 16, would you take him?

Caps
01-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Depends on who else is still available. But I definitely wouldn't be upset if we took Huff, thats for sure.

TotoreMexico
01-12-2006, 10:27 PM
IMO, he's going to really impress and go before he gets to us, but if he was to slip to 16, would you take him?

:yes:

The Confessor
01-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Depends on who else is still available. But I definitely wouldn't be upset if we took Huff, thats for sure.

Exactly. Wouldnt be a bad pick at 16, but I think there are other more important needs

NOTE: No need to state these needs...

Joneal7
01-12-2006, 10:47 PM
is it rare for college players to get blocks...cause we rarely get a blocked kick and i noticed he has a few..so we could use that

Nappy Roots
01-12-2006, 10:53 PM
is it rare for college players to get blocks...cause we rarely get a blocked kick and i noticed he has a few..so we could use that

why would you say its rare? its less rare then getting blocks in the pros. much less.

1. Cutler
2. Huff

is the players i want at this point. ive had alot of different wants about this draft with alot of people i like so it could change, but i doubt it.

HysterikiLL
01-13-2006, 12:16 AM
why would you say its rare? its less rare then getting blocks in the pros. much less.

1. Cutler
2. Huff

is the players i want at this point. ive had alot of different wants about this draft with alot of people i like so it could change, but i doubt it.

I think he was asking if it is rare or not. Although college blocked kicks are less rare than the NFL, Huff is still an incredible kick rusher.

Nappy Roots
01-13-2006, 12:18 AM
I think he was asking if it is rare or not. Although college blocked kicks are less rare than the NFL, Huff is still an incredible kick rusher.

:shakeno:

my bad Joneal7, i read what you said wrong.

Boik14
01-13-2006, 12:24 AM
I think Saban is looking to make the front 7 younger. For that reason i think hes looking there with the pick @ 16.

I wouldnt mind the pick of Huff @ 16 given the need but I dont think its where we'll go. I want to see us go secondary with Ashton Youboty but I dont think that will happen either.

I think Nick will look in the direction of Greenway, Ryans, Mario Williams, etc. A top stud in the front 7. If its not there i think we end up dealing down. I dont think he'll make a pick if its not a player he wants

23Dolphins34
01-13-2006, 03:42 AM
I think Saban is looking to make the front 7 younger. For that reason i think hes looking there with the pick @ 16.

I wouldnt mind the pick of Huff @ 16 given the need but I dont think its where we'll go. I want to see us go secondary with Ashton Youboty but I dont think that will happen either.

I think Nick will look in the direction of Greenway, Ryans, Mario Williams, etc. A top stud in the front 7. If its not there i think we end up dealing down. I dont think he'll make a pick if its not a player he wants

See, I'm thinking the opposite, I believe he wants to make the secondary younger. If Poole is healthy, adding Daniels and drafting another CB or S will solidify this group for years. It's want is being done in NE. Drafting secondary.

HysterikiLL
01-13-2006, 03:55 AM
See, I'm thinking the opposite, I believe he wants to make the secondary younger. If Poole is healthy, adding Daniels and drafting another CB or S will solidify this group for years. It's want is being done in NE. Drafting secondary.

That was my impression also. We had a struggling pass defense last season, and Tebucky Jones is a likely exit, Schulters is getting on, as is Madison. I think if we go defense, this is where we'll draft.

We have Roth and Manny Wright currently, and JT is a perennial franchise cornerstone still. Carter Holliday and Traylor are reasonably suspect in terms of longevity, but I think they're solid for now.

beejay05
01-13-2006, 03:57 AM
Geez, it really depends on who we think we can grab in the second. (This all asuming Cutler is gone in the first). I would take Huff without hesitating if in the second we thought we could get Howard, Mcintosh, Lawson or Carpenter. If not i would rather go Greenway or Ryans in the 1st, and like a Ko Simpson, Youboty, or the other Texas Corner in the second. Maybe even Kelly Jennings for all the UM fans down here.

So to answer the question, I would take him because if he slips to us he would be the BPA, and I think there is a deep enough class of OLB to take later.

Motion
01-13-2006, 04:10 AM
He's definitely my second choice for our 1st rounder.

finswin56
01-13-2006, 10:10 AM
It sounds like LB's are deeper in this draft. So, my answer is yes. I would take him in a heartbeat. There are a couple of other guys that could change my mind, but Huff right at the top of my list.

Scuba Steve 13
01-14-2006, 04:45 PM
This guy seems to be a ball hawk and a sure tackler.If we dont get the Qb or Ot that we want he would be a great pick.just my opinion.:dolphins:

nopony
01-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Yes, please.

(but you should really put this in the draft forum and save the mods the trouble of moving it)

les dauphins
01-14-2006, 04:46 PM
I would prefer jimmy williams, but he's still better than landry

Pocoloco
01-14-2006, 04:48 PM
better than landry, but not too much better.

Scuba Steve 13
01-14-2006, 04:48 PM
ok thanks New to posting

Troysif
01-14-2006, 04:49 PM
I WANT HIM, then Omar Jacobs in the 2nd

earl the pearl
01-14-2006, 04:55 PM
huff is a beaasstttt

DolfanInSoCal
01-14-2006, 04:57 PM
i want darnell bing from USC

edit: if he comes out.

FinFan72
01-14-2006, 05:01 PM
could someone post Huffs stats ....

nopony
01-14-2006, 05:03 PM
I would rather have Huff than Bing, Williams or Landry.

Partly because I HATE drafting corners in the first round... so very tough to know if they can translate to the pros... so many busts.

With a good, ball-hogging, smash mouth safety, the risk is much lower. Huff is almost certain to be a good pro.

2. With Miami specifically, it has been too long since we have had an honest to god killer safety... someone that punished recievers and made them gun shy.

les dauphins
01-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Williams can play safety as well, and would probably be a pro bowler

Dors156
01-14-2006, 06:29 PM
reminds me alot of ed reed:Di want him.screw cutler.

CrunchTime
01-14-2006, 06:40 PM
That would be my pick if everything goes as anticipated and someone projected to go ahead of him does not drop down to us.Ngata,Ferguson,etc.

wazzy
01-14-2006, 07:13 PM
I think Huff is a great player and if hes still around at #16 I think Saban would be more then willing to use the pick on him!

fishypete
01-14-2006, 08:22 PM
I like Huff....not sure if he's what the Dolphins want and need in the first round thou. I have this feeling that Saban will go after linebackers....especially if the right one(s) fall into his lap with the first to third round picks.

sports24/7
01-14-2006, 08:44 PM
This guy is a very good player and would be my second choice for our pick. I doubt he is there though. The guys just doesn't miss tackles and is in on every play.

fins5423
01-14-2006, 08:53 PM
I would rather have Jay Cutler

I think Jay Cutler will be a Dolphin

Jaj
01-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Why are people doubting he'll be there? If that's the case then another very good player has just been ignored. There are plenty of players that can push him down and I wouldn't be surprised if Huff or Cutler are available at 16.

fishypete
01-14-2006, 08:57 PM
Why are people doubting he'll be there? If that's the case then another very good player has just been ignored. There are plenty of players that can push him down and I wouldn't be surprised if Huff or Cutler are available at 16.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cutler drop like Rodgers did....once reality hits.

paskerbrandon
01-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Michael Huff is the next Nathan Vasher? He had batter stats at Texas and is currently rated higher than Vasher was in '04... If he does turn out to be the next, or a better version of Vasher, that, my friends, is a VERY scary thought...

Huff in '06...

Go Phins...

my 2 cents
01-14-2006, 10:05 PM
Huff may be gone. Cedric Griffin is the "other" Texas DB. He may be had in the 3-4 area and is a great tackler. Bing scares me, big hit but misses alot...Williams may drop, watch Tye Hill of Clemson.

Jaj
01-14-2006, 10:17 PM
If Williams drops wow. People say he's a safety but the kid can play CB, especially with the way Saban likes his CBs.

fanman
01-14-2006, 10:25 PM
:dolphins:

MonkeyDog
01-14-2006, 10:35 PM
Just based on the Rose Bowl, I would take Huff over Bing.

Danny
01-15-2006, 02:36 AM
I like Huff, just not sure about taking him at 16.....I'd rather have Greenway or Cutler.

Ozzy rules!!

Motion
01-15-2006, 02:38 AM
Huff is definitely my choice if Cutler is gone.

Frank B
01-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Sean Taylor might be the best pro prospect at any position I've ever seen. Big, fast, nasty, and a smart football player. I think Michael Huff is cut in the same mold. His versatility could be the difference between a good secondary and a scary secondary.

sports24/7
01-17-2006, 03:19 PM
I don't know that anyone compares to Sean Taylor. The guy is everything you want from a safety. He is as physically gifted player I have every seen at that position coming out of college. I like Michael Huff alot, but I wouln't compare him to Taylor. Huff seems to be more of a cerebral player. Always around the ball, always making sure to make the play. Taylor is sort of a Lawrence Taylor at safety, and I would compare Huff to more of a Zach Thomas at safety.

caneaddict
01-17-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't know that anyone compares to Sean Taylor. The guy is everything you want from a safety. He is as physically gifted player I have every seen at that position coming out of college. I like Michael Huff alot, but I wouln't compare him to Taylor. Huff seems to be more of a cerebral player. Always around the ball, always making sure to make the play. Taylor is sort of a Lawrence Taylor at safety, and I would compare Huff to more of a Zach Thomas at safety.

I would take a Zach Thomas at safety :cool:

Dirty Harry
01-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Sean Taylor might be the best pro prospect at any position I've ever seen. Big, fast, nasty, and a smart football player. I think Michael Huff is cut in the same mold. His versatility could be the difference between a good secondary and a scary secondary.

Taylor is just as fast as Huff, except Taylor is about 30 pounds heavier and 2 inches taller.

Spicy Henne
01-17-2006, 04:51 PM

Everything you want, minus the whole pistol-whipping/DUI/Not showing up for minicamps/Spitting in faces stuff.

saves
01-17-2006, 05:08 PM
I'd take Polemalue over anyone after his showing in the playoffs so far.

Amars
01-17-2006, 05:11 PM

Good explanation. He's a smart guy.

Dors156
01-17-2006, 05:32 PM

he reminds me of ed reed

Danny
01-18-2006, 12:41 AM
I just don't know....I have this thing about not drafting DB's that high....a lot of it is the fact we got Sam and Pat in the 2nd round and Poole and Daniels in the 4th round.I'd rather go for a LT or a LB if Cutler's gone at 16.If a top D-lineman falls for some reason then I'd take him too before I take a DB at 16.Trading down is also an option....down in the 20's you can get players like Bing,Carpenter,Lawson,a couple of LT's or even the top guard...Giles? are all posible there.

Ozzy rules!!

twg76
01-18-2006, 12:47 AM
Everything you want, minus the whole pistol-whipping/DUI/Not showing up for minicamps/Spitting in faces stuff.

Exactly. He is the Ron Artest of the NFL.

17-0
01-18-2006, 01:09 AM
I hope Huff can keep his spit to himself.

SMadison29
01-18-2006, 01:32 AM
Sean Taylor is a LB playing FS than can run a 4.38 & can cover. Michael Huff is a CB that can play safety & tackles very well. Huff is very good but not Sean Taylor good.

Boik14
01-18-2006, 01:56 AM
I'd take Polemalue over anyone after his showing in the playoffs so far. Agreed, Pomalalu is a beast

HysterikiLL
01-18-2006, 02:18 AM
I've been saying this. Huff is going to blind people with his underrated speed, strength and agility at the combine and move up to the top 5-7. Here's to hoping.

WitheringPlant
01-18-2006, 02:43 AM
I'd take Polemalue over anyone after his showing in the playoffs so far.:yeahthat: I would always sacrafice a little bit of talent for a great loccer room player.

FinNasty
01-18-2006, 04:09 AM

If you are gunna compare him to a UM Saftey... I think he compares more to Ed Reed than Sean Taylor...

Fast and a playmaker... but he isnt physical like Taylor...

SMadison29
01-18-2006, 05:09 AM
I've been saying this. Huff is going to blind people with his underrated speed, strength and agility at the combine and move up to the top 5-7. Here's to hoping.

Why would you want that? Then we'd have no shot at him.

HysterikiLL
01-18-2006, 05:28 AM
Why would you want that? Then we'd have no shot at him.

My bad in the wording. I meant here's to hoping he's available for us. That would be pretty sweet!

TotoreMexico
01-18-2006, 12:09 PM
he reminds me of ed reed

:yeahthat:

Duriel
01-19-2006, 10:12 AM
I think we will be very happy with Huff at safety for years to come, and then we can add a QB such as Brodie Croyle or Barrick Nealy.

If we end up taking Cutler in the 1st round, then fine, but he seems like more of a risk than Huff.

Well..Saban will make the right choice.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Huff would be a great pick, but I think it's a bit of a long-shot that he lasts until #16. There are a lot of good corners in this draft so if Miami misses on Huff, maybe they can take someone like Griffin, Cromartie, Youbotty (sp) or Blackmon in the 2nd.

fitskin
01-21-2006, 05:36 PM
I've only watched a few of Michael Huff's games. How does he compare to Ed Reed, or any other safety in the NFL for that matter?

HysterikiLL
01-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Quite similar to Ed Reed. Both are deceptively fast, smart ball hawks with great backfield vision, great tacklers for their size, exciting players who can turn Interceptions into points from anywhere on the field.

Dors156
01-21-2006, 06:57 PM
they are play makers and block kicks

Dolfan_Noles
01-22-2006, 01:48 AM
I have heard the most comparisons to Sean Taylor because of his pure athletic ability and ball hawking skills. Could play corner or safety.

Vertical Limit
01-22-2006, 01:51 AM
Now that the Ravens might release/trade CB McAllister, rumor is Michael Huff is likely to get picked up by the Baltimore Ravens. So he will get to join Ed Reed.

That team will be a force on defense. Aren't they in the same division with the Colts? Nice way to stop Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison, eh? XD

dolphinfan2k5
01-22-2006, 02:31 AM
Nope the Colts division is the Jags, the Titans, and the Texans.

FuturePhin
01-22-2006, 04:14 AM
I really wouldnt mind Huff if: The qb's are already taken and a Top O lineman can/is droping to the 2nd.

saves
01-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Now that the Ravens might release/trade CB McAllister, rumor is Michael Huff is likely to get picked up by the Baltimore Ravens. So he will get to join Ed Reed.

That team will be a force on defense. Aren't they in the same division with the Colts? Nice way to stop Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison, eh? XD

They should be a force on defense right now. Rolle and McAllister arn't enough I guess.

finfan54
01-22-2006, 01:39 PM
guys on the radar at 16 IMO:

Huff
Cutler (saban has to love him in order for him to take him IMO)
Greenway
Santonio Holmes ( i think would be a better deal than TO IMO, and saban did say the WR's were "decent"
Jonathen Scott OT I think Houck may like this guy, all TExas OL he may like.

long shot: Leonard Pope TE Georgia 6-7 OMG! mammoth athletic TE, dude will move up the draft boards.