paskerbrandon
01-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Lets hear your opinions...

paskerbrandon
01-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Brad Smith... another rushing TD

ckparrothead
01-21-2006, 08:18 PM
That's why he's being considered as a possible running back right there.

Keep an eye out for Barrick Nealy in this one. He should look very good. I think Marcus McNeil will actually be in this game

paskerbrandon
01-21-2006, 08:20 PM
How did Marshall get that wide open?... Oww, horrible coverage by some Iowa corner...

ckparrothead
01-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Betts is a guy some people like. Wow, way to direct traffic. Is he that fast, or was his pursuit that slow. Wow. Brandon Marshall, he is a guy to look at after all.

Wow so Brandon Marshall has been the best player at the Hula Bowl practices. That says a lot right there. Way to go Brandon. Doug Gabriel much?

paskerbrandon
01-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Man Betts sure has an arm on him...

ckparrothead
01-21-2006, 08:22 PM
It was Betts buying time to the outside, when you do that a lot of DBs commit to making the tackle.

paskerbrandon
01-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Marcus Demps should be someone to keep an eye on.. Same with the Texas Tech corner.. long name...

ckparrothead
01-21-2006, 08:27 PM
This talent pool is pretty watered down. There's really only a few names I'll keep an eye on. Seems I was wrong about McNeil being in it. I got bad info. Hopefully Nealy is playing this one. I want to see that boy some more. He's special IMO.

ckparrothead
01-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Its hard to get into watching this game. Not a great talent pool. If it weren't for Barrick Nealy, I wouldn't watch at all.

paskerbrandon
01-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Its hard to get into watching this game. Not a great talent pool. If it weren't for Barrick Nealy, I wouldn't watch at all.

I find myself channel surfing as well.. Who is Nealy playing for East or West?

paskerbrandon
01-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Heres Nealy...

ckparrothead
01-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Yeah Nealy has to learn to look off the safety. I still love him though.

It is obvious that Brandon Marshall is THE best player in this game. He is the true man among boys here.

Barrick definitely looks like a man among boys. He has to look off the safety, the safety just admitted he followed Barrick's eyes that way...and I have to agree. But Barrick has Elway kind of talent.

arsenal
01-21-2006, 09:06 PM
yeah brandon marshall is looking crazy... big physical and seems to have good hands...

ckparrothead
01-21-2006, 09:08 PM
How did he NOT get invited to the combine? Thats a travesty. He's an AWESOME prospect man.

ckparrothead
01-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Wes Hostetler has drawn my eye a bit. He's looked good.

UCFinfan
01-21-2006, 09:37 PM
I've tried to say on other forums that Marshall would get at least a look in the last 2 rounds and would play in the NFL. I don't know if any of you watched him with the Golden Knights, but he is very good. I haven't seen any of this game, but he can create distance very easily and slip past defenders. He can also make some WILD catches. He is one of the few reasons that UCF did so well this year. I believe that he was just moved from DB to WR this year.

ckparrothead
01-21-2006, 09:38 PM
At this point I am REALLY surprised that Marshall didnt catch my eye at the USF-UCF game.

dm416
01-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Marshall is catching everything

ckparrothead
01-21-2006, 09:58 PM
You know, I gotta say...if Miami found a way to get hold of Brandon Marshall that right there would be a very good day. I would be loving life right there. He is SOOOOOOOO head and shoulders above every guy in this game...its ridiculous.

Josh Betts should get some credit for getting the ball to him though. He's really having a good game out there. I want to see Barrick get a lot more playing time, convert some first downs so that we get to see a few more throws. Brad Smith is a playmaker but not a QB. Larry Dibbles is actually pretty good. He should get a few looks.

Itsdahumidity
01-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Marshall is catching everything

You got that right!
That's why we shouldn't pass him up. He's big, quick, takes short strides for a big man and plus he's versatile - he played safety and led his team in TACKLES!!!

jtsacksyou
01-22-2006, 02:47 PM
i think josh played very well yesterday. He is really that fast. He went to my high school and i remember watching him play, he would run easily for 15-20 yards when nothing was open and when he played basketball you could tell he was a pretty quick guy. He does have a pretty big arm too. Man, we actually had a good team w/ him.. 11-2 reginal runner up season.

FinNasty
01-22-2006, 09:03 PM
You know, I gotta say...if Miami found a way to get hold of Brandon Marshall that right there would be a very good day. I would be loving life right there. He is SOOOOOOOO head and shoulders above every guy in this game...its ridiculous.

I have been talking about this guy, and I am glad everyone is finally seeing how good this guy really is! He is freaking huge!!! And very quick for his size. He is a perfect red zone target...

BigDogsHunt
01-22-2006, 09:08 PM
I have been talking about this guy, and I am glad everyone is finally seeing how good this guy really is! He is freaking huge!!! And very quick for his size. He is a perfect red zone target...

What round projected? A second day guy?

ckparrothead
01-22-2006, 09:23 PM
What round projected? A second day guy?

God only knows right now. It's bound to be volatile...because he wasn't even on anyone's radar screen to the point where the Combine didn't even bother inviting him. They'll invite him now you can be sure. But, scouts at the Hula Bowl were unanimous in naming him the best player during all of the Hula Bowl practices, and it completely showed during the game itself.

Danny
01-22-2006, 11:52 PM
i think josh played very well yesterday. He is really that fast. He went to my high school and i remember watching him play, he would run easily for 15-20 yards when nothing was open and when he played basketball you could tell he was a pretty quick guy. He does have a pretty big arm too. Man, we actually had a good team w/ him.. 11-2 reginal runner up season.
I was talking about him a month ago and everyone thought I was crazy.They were telling me how much Betts sucks but I alwyas did like the fact that he could move plus a good arm.He could be a good pick on day 2 imo.The kid from UCF could go in round 3 or 4.

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

fishypete
01-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Brett Elliott from Linfield threw the only TD....if you compare him to the other named QB's...he carried himself well.

ckparrothead
01-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Brett Elliott from Linfield threw the only TD....if you compare him to the other named QB's...he carried himself well.

Compared to some other named QBs, yes he showed pretty well. I wouldn't rate him above Josh Betts or Barrick Nealy but he showed up pretty well...still not draftable IMO. He'll be an undrafted free agent I think.