PDA

View Full Version : Bittersweet bit of news from Sioux City

JPhinfan86
01-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Some of you may recall that I come from Sioux City Iowa, our indoor football team dominated the league hardcore all year last year with a concluding record of 15 - 3, only to lose to a team in the championship (extremely suspect officiating) that we beat THREE times in the regular season. Well our starting running back Freight Train Freddie Jackson led the league in ALL major categories (TD's and Yards) for the entire year. It just so happens now that unfortunately he won't be returning to our roster this year after 2 years in Sioux City due to the fact that he's been called up....something no other indoor team has ever had happen. He was actually signed by the Buffalo Bills. I'm very happy for him yet at the same time, the freakin' Bills?! So his last year in Sioux City saw him rush for 1,770 yards (a much larger feat in INDOOR football) and scored 53 Touchdowns, he was also the landslide league MVP.

BANDITS' JACKSON SIGNS WITH BUFFALO (http://siouxcitybandits.com/news_detail.cfm?id=184)

Fred Jackson's Bio on BuffaloBills.com (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=122642) The Bill's website has one incorrect bit of info....Fred actually rushed for 53 TD's not 40. :up:

HE'S EVEN GOT THE SPORTS TICKER ON THE UIF'S OFFICIAL SITE (http://unitedindoorfootball.com/)

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Samphin
01-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Seems as if this is the wrong forum bub. But, seeing as you do have a guy named Sam in your sig, I will ask the mods to go easy. :D

Adam First
01-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Who cares...

MarinoFan4Life
01-21-2006, 10:04 PM
It seems that there's a good reason he wasn't in the NFL to begin with...

Prime
01-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Who cares...

Don't post if your gonna make a comment like that. It's better if you just keep that to yourself.

HysterikiLL
01-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Who cares...

I actually found that an interesting piece of news. Does that answer your question, slick?

Adam First
01-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Don't post if your gonna make a comment like that. It's better if you just keep that to yourself.

I seriously doubt this guy that this guy is talking about will make it past training camp.

Redsphins
01-21-2006, 10:07 PM
hey bud, I'm a Sioux Falls Storm fan, can't believe you can't get over the loss, but these guys don't care about our local indoor fooball league. There is a reason he went to the powerhouse "Coe College". LOL

JPhinfan86
01-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Haha, yea true but I still have to support my boy. I actually didn't intend to post this on the home page....I was reading a thread there and hit the 'new thread' button without thinking. I was actually going to put it in the Beast of the East forum, I do apologize.

JPhinfan86
01-21-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm a Sioux Falls Storm fan, can't believe you can't get over the loss,
Hey we beat you guys THREE times regular season, you shouldn't even have been in the running to face us. It's done now. The officiating in that game was absurd if you recall....did you make the trip down here for it? Also, notice Jerry Davis isn't being called up.....you guys can have our throw aways :roflmao:

Redsphins
01-21-2006, 10:19 PM
And you guys lost in the Championship game, boo hoo, what do you want me to say? Sorry for winning???

JPhinfan86
01-21-2006, 10:19 PM
don't care about our local indoor fooball league.
They may not care but our league is a bit bigger than 'local'. :lol:

Redsphins
01-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Listen this is a Dolphins board, not a smack board, thanks.

JPhinfan86
01-21-2006, 10:25 PM
And you guys lost in the Championship game, boo hoo, what do you want me to say? Sorry for winning???
:calm: DOWN! :fh:

Yea, if you see the post count i'm well aware that this is a Fins board. However it does have a smack board so, there is a place for everything here. :rocker:

bigkess55
01-21-2006, 10:35 PM
hey bud, I'm a Sioux Falls Storm fan, can't believe you can't get over the loss, but these guys don't care about our local indoor fooball league. There is a reason he went to the powerhouse "Coe College". LOL

Careful now......I actually played @ Coe with Fred Jackson, he was sweet I didnt think he would get called up but you know Marv Levy was a Coe grad and he just may be pulling a string or two to get Freddie a look, It happened with Carey Bender when Levey was coaching.
Congrats Fred Jackson

JPhinfan86
01-21-2006, 10:38 PM
To Bigkess55 -- His twin bro Patrick plays defensive back for my Bandits. I see he also went to Coe College, did you play with him as well (stands to reason i'd guess).

bigkess55
01-22-2006, 12:07 AM
yep, they lived on my floor when I was a Jr. I think, I plaed LB and Pat played DB, Freddied was our obviously our HB, Freddied split carries with one of my real good friends till Eric Graduated, then Freddie was Iowa conf. MVP his junior and senior years
Tell em Big Kess says whats up

JPhinfan86
01-22-2006, 12:10 AM
Hey I seriously will. Our season resumes here pretty soon and after each game you can go onto the field to talk to the players. When I do I'll post to see how he reacts. :lol: BTW, where are you at now?

bigkess55
01-22-2006, 12:16 AM
back in NE Iowa I am married and have kids you see I am two or three years older than those guys but still Coe Alum.

Playing days are long gone but I did coach a youth team this yaer and we went 5-0-1 thats as close to the field as I have gotten since 2000 my hat is off to those guys for sticking with the game for so long

JPhinfan86
01-22-2006, 12:21 AM
For Fred it isn't simply 'sticking around' either. He's rather famous here in town. I saw him in public once with his wife and he got mauled lol. We take our football rather seriously here and these guys are on pedestals lol. Fred really is THAT good in this game. :up: I really hope he thrives in Buffalo, even if he doesn't you gotta be proud he even got there. He's headed to Europe right now though, allocation I see. We should see him on T.V. this offseason in the NFL Europe, keep your eyes peeled.

bigkess55
01-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Thats sweet I just e-mailed the Bandits statement to some of my boys who lived with us
Yea I hope fred does well too
Thanks for the info

Later

JPhinfan86
01-22-2006, 12:50 AM
Yea that release is awesome but when I viewed his place on the Bills official site that's when I really started to get excited for him. Rather official....if only it were with the Fins. :lol: