PDA

View Full Version : A.J. Feely

Orange_Dolphins
01-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Was AJ Feely really a bad QB? I mean, he is more accurate than Frerotte, and he has a better arm. I don't know what it was. He can be good. Oh well...Good luck with him, San Diego Chargers!

BrazForPhins
01-22-2006, 01:23 PM
you'll get bashed for this

Phinman
01-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Yes, he sucked! Good Grief, the only way he is good is on Madden 06 when you bump up his attributes!

Metal Panda
I don't really think he had a better arm.

Nor was I ever impressed with him. I saw quite a few of the games he started in Philly and was extremely underwhelmed. I couldn't believe Miami traded a draft pick to get him.

This was a guy whom Philly thought was lesser than Koy Detmer. :rolleyes:

Bartowboy
hahahahahah what a goober....

Metal Panda
01-22-2006, 01:26 PM
I really think A.J. Feely often didn't get held responsible for his bad play because A. to be fair, he did play behind a horrendous offensive line in a badly coordinated offense, and B. he was hurt a lot.

But even that aside, I never thought he was very good.

s3an8
01-22-2006, 01:27 PM
please stop

unifiedtheory
01-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Was AJ Feely really a bad QB? I mean, he is more accurate than Frerotte, and he has a better arm. I don't know what it was. He can be good. Oh well...Good luck with him, San Diego Chargers!

A.J. did not have a better arm then Gus.

CChambers7284
01-22-2006, 01:29 PM
AJ had no help what so ever,
No offensive system
No blocking
No run game

but he made too many costly mistakes

Fins05:NewHope
01-22-2006, 01:30 PM
A J Feeley....had one shiny moment here....Monday Night against Pats....thats it....rest was as bright as a South Florida thunderstorm....thanks A J for that memory...that distant memory...thank god hes gone. lets move on...

Phins28

He was bad, really bad and we wasted a second round pick for this guy.

Metal Panda
Feeley didn't even really win the QB job in the preseason. Fiedler was starting on opening day, and got pulled after a horrendous first half.

Fiedler then got hurt and that was that.

dm416
Please don't mention that name around here :fire:

phatmatt
01-22-2006, 01:33 PM
there is no way that Feeley has a better arm than Gus. I'm not a huge Gus supporter by any means but one thing that he does have is a strong arm.

You know, when we traded for Feeley I was probably one of the happiest dolphin fans around because I thought the dolphins failures over the past few years were because of big ears. After a one year experiment I realized just how wrong I actually was.

Feeley has no pocket sense at all (mind you he did play behind a terrible O-line)....his arm strength is average for an NFL QB and his accuracy and intelligence are simply disgusting (as evidenced by all the pick 6's he threw).

Thankfully we don't have that joke on our roster anymore.

fishfan34
01-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Checks my calendar... Ok, we are still discussing because why? I understand this is a forum for fans to come and discuss certain issues pertinent to our football team and most anything is fair game, but this horse has been beaten and beated.. A.J. is not here anymore.. does it really matter if his arm was or wasn't better than Gus'? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the title of this thread and almost fell out of my chair when I saw the initial post.. let it go..

eddie4fins
01-22-2006, 01:48 PM

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

kpcane
01-22-2006, 01:50 PM
For any of you that think Frerotte has a stronger arm than Feeley, please stop dreaming. Feeley had a rifle. I don't know if he could throw the deep ball as well, but I haven't seen any (yes, that's right any) QB in the league right now throw an intermediate pass as hard as Feeley did. Feeley made horrible mistakes, because we asked an inexperienced QB to be Dan Marino. I still think if he was coached better, and given a chance to succeed he could have been something, but now that he's stuck on a QB deep roster, we won't find that out anytime soon.

Metal Panda
01-22-2006, 01:51 PM
No. There's a reason he was the third stringer in Philadelphia. He's a mediocre quarterback.

He doesn't make swift decisions, he doesn't lead successful drives, and he doesn't have what it takes.

Those games he filled in for Donovan....he didn't look particularly good, and that wasn't on Miami's pathetic team last year.

PerfectFinz72
01-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Let it go man....let it go.

finmann
01-22-2006, 01:52 PM
No way he was better than Gus.....the man was horrible.

Jnaledu3
01-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Maybe InFins should add a poll to this thread.. since hes a mod and all...

hint hint...:evil:

jaxdolfan
01-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Feeley is pretty good for a high school quarterback.

8 college game and 2 pro games when we traded for him.

SCall13
01-22-2006, 01:57 PM

Feeley was a terrible QB. And I don't know who told you he has a better arm than Frerotte, but whoever it was, they were lying. The fact of the matter is, Frerotte has the strongest arm we've had since Marino. I'd even go as far as saying Frerotte is the best QB we've had since Marino.

rafael
01-22-2006, 02:17 PM
If you want to know how to recognize if a QB is good learn to look for their feel for the game. Can they anticipate how the play will develop? Read the defense both presnap and during the play? Can they sense pressure in the pocket without having to stop looking downfield? This is the #1 criteria you look for. Even accuracy is secondary to this. And arm strength is much further down the list. IMO a failure to understand this (even by NFL scouts and coaches) is why so many highly touted QBs, who people claim have it all, fail.

scenaria
theres more to being a good QB than a good arm and accuracy. AJ did not have the mental capacity needed to be a good QB. I think decision making is just as important if not more than a good arm...

adolfan131313
please stop
WELL PUT.................SECOND THAT:sidelol:

FRESHNESS
01-22-2006, 02:28 PM
AJ ws like the girl that you woke up with that one cloudy morning that made you give up jagermeister for good. A bad decision, but a lesson to learn from.

RunningBackGuru
01-22-2006, 06:10 PM

He was the worst starter in the NFL. Thank god we got rid of him.

Phinz4Life
01-22-2006, 08:19 PM
I don't really think he had a better arm.

Nor was I ever impressed with him. I saw quite a few of the games he started in Philly and was extremely underwhelmed. I couldn't believe Miami traded a draft pick to get him.

This was a guy whom Philly thought was lesser than Koy Detmer. :rolleyes:

No, he wasn't. Detmer was 2nd to hold the ball on kicks.

They stuck with Feeley even when Detmer returned from injury.

Feeley is pretty good for a high school quarterback.

8 college game and 2 pro games when we traded for him.

Thats funny...

In 2002 he started 5 games and played in 6. But only 2 you say? :D

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235056

DolfanISS
01-22-2006, 08:52 PM

It's possible he was more accurate in the shorter and intermediate stuff but he in no way has a better arm than Gus Frerotte. Frerotte, although not tops in accuracy, has a top 10 NFL arm while Feeley does not. Feeley throws hard but has a horrible deep ball. I'd say Gus has a stronger arm, better pocket presence, makes much better decisions, is a better leader and has better chemistry with our receivers than Feeley ever had. Let Feeley go, he scored more points for our opponents than any other QB in Miami history.

Metal Panda
01-22-2006, 08:54 PM
No, he wasn't. Detmer was 2nd to hold the ball on kicks.

They stuck with Feeley even when Detmer returned from injury.

Wrong. He didn't play a single game in 2003. He was third string that year. You're correct about what happened in 2002, but he was sent back to his rightful position as third string in 2003. They most likely stayed with him just for continuity purposes.

The only other QB besides Donovan to play in 2003 was....Koy Detmer (3 of 5 passes for about 60 yards). And A.J. was third on the depth chart.

DolfanISS
01-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Wrong. He didn't play a single game in 2003. He was third string that year. You're correct about what happened in 2002, but he was sent back to his rightful position as third string in 2003. They most likely stayed with him just for continuity purposes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Feeley played AT FIRST in Philly becuase both McNabb and Detmer were hurt, then they stuck with him. If Detmer never went down, Feeley would have never played.

Metal Panda
01-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Feeley played AT FIRST in Philly becuase both McNabb and Detmer were hurt, then they stuck with him. If Detmer never went down, Feeley would have never played.

You are correct. Detmer was the 2nd stringer and played that MNF game, and he got hurt in his first game relieving Donovan. He played well, too, despite the fact that his passes were pretty sloppy.

Feeley took over, and I'm betting they just continued with him due to Tom Brady syndrome, where you "don't mess with a winning streak" and leave in the QB that's been playing (and winning). They didn't care since Donovan was coming back soon anyway and back then their defense/special teams were a large reason for their victories. Had this happened a year later, it would have killed them.