PDA

View Full Version : EA sports College Baseball 2006

CharlestonPhan
01-22-2006, 05:47 PM
im a big college baseball fan; the college world series is in my top 3 sporting events for the year. i enjoy EA's MVP baseball 2005 on PC too and dont have a console yet... anyhow, i just got my fantasy football league championship payoff ($500), and this might finally drive me over the edge to purchasing PS2. that and the fact my younger brother has about 2 dozen games i can borrow for extended lengths of time. before anyone says i should save the cabbage for PS3, im already alloting next years winnings for that and that money would end up being wasted by then on practical stuff by then anyway if i dont buy a PS2 and some games. :)

anyone bought or played this yet by chance???

Ray Finkle
01-22-2006, 10:37 PM
No I haven't, but if you played MVP Baseball for PS2 or xBox, it's basically the same thing but with college teams. MVP Baseball is easily the best baseball game on the market the past few years so College Baseball will probably be a good game especially if you enjoy college baseball yourself.

Prime Time
01-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Too bad there is no more MVP Baseball...

GridIronKing34
01-22-2006, 11:45 PM
im already alloting next years winnings for that and that money would end up being wasted by then on practical stuff by then anyway if i dont buy a PS2 and some games.

Arrogant fella you are lol.

Ray Finkle
01-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Too bad there is no more MVP Baseball...

There's a new updated roster for MVP 2005 out now. Rosters are up to date as of Dec. 16th I believe. You have to do minor changes like Damon to the Yankees, but the rosters have every minor leaguer who played in the majors in 2005 (i.e. Jonathan Papelbon, Craig Hansen, Robinson Cano, Wang, etc).

CharlestonPhan
01-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Arrogant fella you are lol.

LOL, in most fazes of life, not at all. but in this FF league, which is ten years old, ive won five titles, and been in the money 8 of 10 seasons. we field 11 IDP's, and i prepare well.

CharlestonPhan
01-23-2006, 01:17 AM
There's a new updated roster for MVP 2005 out now. Rosters are up to date as of Dec. 16th I believe. You have to do minor changes like Damon to the Yankees, but the rosters have every minor leaguer who played in the majors in 2005 (i.e. Jonathan Papelbon, Craig Hansen, Robinson Cano, Wang, etc).

sweet... i will check into that. i wasnt even aware they were discontinuing MVP baseball. thanks for the info.

Nappy Roots
01-23-2006, 01:18 AM
i got this. its great. the hitting and fielding takes time to get used to. but its worth it in the end. its more life like than the last game with the batter loading up, stepping and then swinging.

if you like baseball games, youll definitly like this one. i love it.

CharlestonPhan
01-23-2006, 02:13 AM
i got this. its great. the hitting and fielding takes time to get used to. but its worth it in the end. its more life like than the last game with the batter loading up, stepping and then swinging.

if you like baseball games, youll definitly like this one. i love it.

sweet... it is on my agenda for tomorrow to pick it up. thanks for the info!

Ray Finkle
01-23-2006, 02:36 AM

Come back and let me know how you like it. I might pick it up myself because I loved the MVP series. I'd just like to get as much feed back as possible on games.

MVP stopped because when EA Sports got the NFL license, some other company got full control of MLB license. It sucks that there's just 1 NFL and MLB game out now. Oh well.

Ray Finkle
01-23-2006, 02:37 AM

Come back and let me know how you like it. I might pick it up myself because I loved the MVP series. I'd just like to get as much feed back as possible on games.

MVP stopped because when EA Sports got the NFL license, some other company got full control of MLB license. It sucks that there's just 1 NFL and MLB game out now. Oh well.

CharlestonPhan
01-24-2006, 12:53 AM
RF, i picked up that game today, and have played it a little in exhibition mode... there were some glaring errors; my pitcher threw a called strike three, and the next thing i knew, my teams manager was arguing with the ump and was booted over the call according to Mike Patrick, who does the play by play. WTF??? also, i hit two dingers in one inning to right field and he called them both as homeruns to left. admittedly not major stuff but hey, ive only played it for one nine inning game.

pitching interface and controls are similar to MVP Baseball 2005, with the pitch meter and such... you can use three different setups for hitting, and the new version is tough to get used to, i switched from inning to inning.

on the plus side, the dynasty mode looks promising, with recruiting and such playing a part... the mini games from MVP 2005 are in there pitching and homerun derby, plus a scenario editor where you can set it up any way you want and play it, with bases loaded and 2 outs in the ninth for example... also, i am told Rosenblatt stadium is on the game for the CWS, but im not sure if all the teams stadiums are a part of it. ill be able to tell tomorrow probably.

it was 29.95 so im sure ill more than get my moneys worth, and i dig hearing that ping of the aluminum bats as well. plus i can rewrite history and win that CWS that my Gamecocks lost in the finals to Texas a couple years ago.

CharlestonPhan
01-24-2006, 12:54 AM
oh yea, and the used memory card i bought with it had a few saved profiles with Madden 2006 on it already, and NCAA 2006 football as well, so when i obtain those i can see if they give an advantage as well...

Ray Finkle
01-24-2006, 09:44 PM
RF, i picked up that game today, and have played it a little in exhibition mode... there were some glaring errors; my pitcher threw a called strike three, and the next thing i knew, my teams manager was arguing with the ump and was booted over the call according to Mike Patrick, who does the play by play. WTF???

Hey thanks for your mini review I appreciate it.

Anyway I have a suggestion as to why you might have gotten thrown out after strike 3, is it possible that you pressed the triangle button by mistake during a replay because I know if you did that with MVP '05 during a strike 3 call you'd get kicked out automatically. Just a guess I could be very wrong.

The game sounds pretty cool, I might pick it up myself. Thanks man.

CharlestonPhan
01-28-2006, 01:04 PM

Anyway I have a suggestion as to why you might have gotten thrown out after strike 3, is it possible that you pressed the triangle button by mistake during a replay because I know if you did that with MVP '05 during a strike 3 call you'd get kicked out automatically. Just a guess I could be very wrong.

it is entirely possible i did that... ill keep my eye on the game, which i havent been able to play in about 3 days unfortunately.

UCFinfan86
01-29-2006, 11:31 AM
hmm i never watch or even care about college baseball, but it the recruiting aspect seems fun. What else is there in dynasty mode? anythign different then MVP. Also when was this released cuz 30$ i guess i could afford but if i can get it used if its been out for a couple of months that would be beter

UCFinfan86
01-30-2006, 02:32 PM
my anxiety made me go out and by this game now, ill tell u how it is in a lil bit

UCFinfan86
01-30-2006, 02:51 PM
i played a couple of innings and its nto bad, pretty fun. just like mvp. The one thing though i dont like is i can't find the 2005 baseball rosters online, they are last years rosters and i cant find them. anyone know where i can get em?

UCFinfan86
01-30-2006, 03:17 PM
takes alot of time to get use to the load and fire swing

CharlestonPhan
01-31-2006, 04:55 PM
takes alot of time to get use to the load and fire swing

i have not been able to get near mastering that either... ive switched back to the old method for now. all i was doing was bunting with load and fire... im enjoying the recruiting aspect though in dynasty mode.

CharlestonPhan
01-31-2006, 04:58 PM

you were right about my manager getting tossed... i tried hitting the triangle key after my pitcher KO's someone during the replay and i get tossed again. thanks for the info.

Ray Finkle
01-31-2006, 05:22 PM
you were right about my manager getting tossed... i tried hitting the triangle key after my pitcher KO's someone during the replay and i get tossed again. thanks for the info.

No problem, it figured that's what it was.