PDA

View Full Version : FEBRUARY Photoshop Comp SIGN UP!

darkmistress
01-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Ok guys I know it's a bit early but we want to make sure to fill up the ranks this time. So, you know the way it works anyone who has had a go before may be bumped for someone who is yet to have a go. Please state if you don't mind being bumped to make thins easier for me so I don't have to be so evil :evilmod:

The comp will start in the first week of Feb so reserve your spot now!

1. dolphinfan2k5
2. ILPhinFan88
3. Buddwalk
4. Unifiedtheory
5. inFINSible
6. K-Rob
7. NY_FinFan_72
8. A Wing Pilot
9. KGUNBILLS
10. Sethworld
11. GreenMachine
12. maddendude
13. dQbell
14. Nicky Napoleon
15. campeonaso
16. LiLRock023

ILPhinFan88
01-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Sign me up, I can be bumped if needed

Buddwalk
01-22-2006, 07:33 PM
You know im in DM ;)

unifiedtheory
01-22-2006, 07:53 PM
I have not even had to win a vote in January yet and you're asking if I want in for Feb?

I guess I'll play...;):tongue:

Jt0323
01-22-2006, 07:54 PM
count me in

K-Rob
01-22-2006, 08:00 PM
I'll play again. Bumpablebleble as well.

dolphinfan2k5
01-22-2006, 09:37 PM
Remember, put this in your sig.

darkmistress
01-23-2006, 12:15 AM
oops forgot... could this thread pretty please be stickied :crying: ?

30 posts to go!! :evilmod:

dolphinfan2k5
01-23-2006, 12:16 AM
oops forgot... could this thread pretty please be stickied :crying: ?

30 posts to go!! :evilmod:

Wow, you sure got to 2000 a lot faster than you did 1000.

darkmistress
01-23-2006, 12:30 AM
Wow, you sure got to 2000 a lot faster than you did 1000.

I know :chuckle: "I dub thee lady spam-a-lot"

NY_FinFan_72
01-23-2006, 02:43 AM
Put me down for a spot... I'm in.

Also, I'm bumpable... :D

A Wing Pilot
01-23-2006, 01:55 PM
IN, no one will be lucky enough to have me out of town this time

MillerTime
01-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Ill join I guess:)

Sethworld
01-23-2006, 07:08 PM
I am in

unifiedtheory
01-23-2006, 08:09 PM
IN, no one will be lucky enough to have me out of town this time:evil:

GreenMachine
01-24-2006, 01:06 PM
I'd like to get in please....

ILPhinFan88
01-24-2006, 01:12 PM
I'd like to get in please....

Well we now have a Jets and Bills fan, where are the Patriots?

GreenMachine
01-24-2006, 01:17 PM

try Dirtywater....

FinFan72
01-24-2006, 04:14 PM

They are still crying in there milk :lol:

maddendude
01-24-2006, 07:29 PM
I wanna join!

Just tell me what type of image I have to make, and by when I have to make it...and tell me the rest of the rules...lol...cuz I know nothing about this competition. I just saw the word photoshop, and so im in!

darkmistress
01-24-2006, 08:01 PM
I wanna join!

Just tell me what type of image I have to make, and by when I have to make it...and tell me the rest of the rules...lol...cuz I know nothing about this competition. I just saw the word photoshop, and so im in!

You don't have to do anything until February. Then you'll be randomly matched up against someone each week. The person (as voted for by the FH faithfuls) with the most most votes from each pairing moves on to the next round until we eventually have one winner... Not sure if that made sense, check out the Jan comp to see it in action :wink:

Btw it's nice to see a few newbies to the comp... don't let it stop there let's bring in some more :D

BlitPhinFan
01-24-2006, 08:13 PM
I'll give it another try. Feel free to bump me if we end up with an odd number or more than a full roster. ;)

GreenMachine
01-25-2006, 01:11 AM
I actually have been lurking in this forum for some time...I am actually impressed by the friendliness of the posters...Being a Jets fan, I thought I would get flamed..
I like it here..You can see more of my work at theganggreen.com I am GreenMachine over there..

ILPhinFan88
01-25-2006, 01:31 AM
Wow, only two spots left to fill

Buddwalk
01-25-2006, 01:31 AM
I actually have been lurking in this forum for some time...I am actually impressed by the friendliness of the posters...Being a Jets fan, I thought I would get flamed..
I like it here..You can see more of my work at theganggreen.com I am GreenMachine over there..

nah bro as long as you dont come out say dolphins suck and jets are the greatest thing since sliced bread no one will care. We recognize you chose the jets as your team and on the football field your our enemys but on this friendly thing i'd like to call the internet we call you friend ;)

Only 2 slots left wow...this is filling up beautifully, must ofcourse been that link i through in my sig :wink:

unifiedtheory
01-25-2006, 01:39 AM
Wow, only two spots left to fill

This is great....a full bracket.

NO LOOKING AHEAD FOR ME! I have to get through the January Contest in one piece first.

GreenMachine
01-25-2006, 01:41 AM
nah bro as long as you dont come out say dolphins suck and jets are the greatest thing since sliced bread no one will care. We recognize you chose the jets as your team and on the football field your our enemys but on this friendly thing i'd like to call the internet we call you friend ;)

Only 2 slots left wow...this is filling up beautifully, must ofcourse been that link i through in my sig :wink:

I try not to talk smack outside the proper forum..Some of the stuff I post is just how I feel (in the B of E forum) but the truth hurts...Let us all agree that we will hate each others teams equally:D

unifiedtheory
01-25-2006, 01:41 AM

Welcome aboard...even though you're a Jets fan.:tongue:

I saw your work in the thread you started. You make great use of brushes and backgrounds...something I'm still trying to master. Good job.

All fans are welcome here. It is all about respect. When fans of other teams come around and speak with knowledge and objectiveness they are always welcome.

Good luck in Februrary.:)

Buddwalk
01-25-2006, 01:43 AM
This is great....a full bracket.

NO LOOKING AHEAD FOR ME! I have to get through the January Contest in one piece first.

Should have no problem conquering budd this weekend :lol:

darkmistress
01-25-2006, 02:07 AM

just stay away from the main from come game time and you should be fine :wink: lol

Buddwalk
01-25-2006, 02:08 AM
just stay away from the main from come game time and you should be fine :wink: lol

Yeah by next season he should have the rank of vip by then ;)

and he can chill with us in vip room on gameday

darkmistress
01-25-2006, 02:16 AM

yeah gameday in the VIP is great... except for when I'm relying on the the guys in there to tell me what happened and hey just say damn it! WTF? Stupid Refs! Woohoo! yeah! good one CC and I don't get to find out what happened until 10 minutes later :lol:

Buddwalk
01-25-2006, 02:18 AM
yeah gameday in the VIP is great... except for when I'm relying on the the guys in there to tell me what happened and hey just say damn it! WTF? Stupid Refs! Woohoo! yeah! good one CC and I don't get to find out what happened until 10 minutes later :lol:

:lol: yeah that always sucks...only bad thing bout living in aussie is ya cant see the dolphins games :mad:

GreenMachine
01-25-2006, 02:22 AM

What's the VIP room???

Buddwalk
01-25-2006, 02:25 AM
What's the VIP room???

you pay like $25 and you get this thing called vip for an entire year...you can enter another room within this forum for only vip members...lots of great stuff in there trust me ;)

GreenMachine
01-25-2006, 02:28 AM
you pay like $25 and you get this thing called vip for an entire year...you can enter another room within this forum for only vip members...lots of great stuff in there trust me ;)
I wish I could get my screen name changed to the old one.. I was banned awhile back for trolling when the whole Ricky retiring thing went down..I really am not a troll, but things were understandably sensitive at that time...Anyone know how I can get my old name back???

Buddwalk
01-25-2006, 02:31 AM
I wish I could get my screen name changed to the old one.. I was banned awhile back for trolling when the whole Ricky retiring thing went down..I really am not a troll, but things were understandably sensitive at that time...Anyone know how I can get my old name back???

maybe talking to a mod like wharfrat ;)

You seem like a good member to me :D

byroan
01-25-2006, 02:32 AM

What was your old username?

GreenMachine
01-25-2006, 02:33 AM
What was your old username?
GreenMachine..

byroan
01-25-2006, 02:34 AM
Was there an 83 on the end of it?

GreenMachine
01-25-2006, 02:36 AM
Was there an 83 on the end of it?
Sorry yes it was...

bad posts on me..But I apologize...

byroan
01-25-2006, 02:40 AM
I'll ask an admin and see what they think.

darkmistress
01-25-2006, 07:10 AM
:lol: yeah that always sucks...only bad thing bout living in aussie is ya cant see the dolphins games :mad:

well "technically" I can if ESPN decides to ever show them... so I suppose really that means "technically" I can't :chuckle:

GreenMachine
01-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Is the theme always Dolphin related??? Or do you choose other players/teams??

ILPhinFan88
01-25-2006, 04:02 PM

This weeks theme for January is the Superbowl, they are always different. I remember one time it was a Buffalo theme, the week before we played them.

darkmistress
01-25-2006, 06:51 PM

It varies. But the last one is usually either fins or FH related as it is supposedly supposed to go up in the Graphics machine... :foundout:

dolphinfan2k5
01-25-2006, 09:08 PM
It varies. But the last one is usually either fins or FH related as it is supposedly supposed to go up in the Graphics machine... :foundout:

Yep, the finals have always been something Dolphins related that people can actually use.

BlitPhinFan
01-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Quick question to the artists here. I think I may have either helped myself or made my life more difficult.

Do any of the artists here use an LCD monitor that they do their work on? The reason I ask is I just purchased one with a 1000:1 contrast ratio. CRT's have a 10000:1 contrast ratio. I have been browsing around the site looking at the various graphics created by everyone and the ones I did on my CRT.

They look much brighter and more vibrant on my LCD. So my question is, do those of you that work on LCD displays make your images brighter than what you think looks good so it will show properly on a CRT?

For example... my signature was created when I had my CRT and everything blended perfectly. Now on my LCD I can see mistakes that I would not have spotted on my CRT and would have made them darker to hide it from view on my LCD... but it would have made it seem too dark on my CRT. Does that make sense to you? Or do I need to try to clarify more?

campeonaso
01-25-2006, 10:25 PM
i am in

ILPhinFan88
01-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Quick question to the artists here. I think I may have either helped myself or made my life more difficult.

Do any of the artists here use an LCD monitor that they do their work on? The reason I ask is I just purchased one with a 1000:1 contrast ratio. CRT's have a 10000:1 contrast ratio. I have been browsing around the site looking at the various graphics created by everyone and the ones I did on my CRT.

They look much brighter and more vibrant on my LCD. So my question is, do those of you that work on LCD displays make your images brighter than what you think looks good so it will show properly on a CRT?

For example... my signature was created when I had my CRT and everything blended perfectly. Now on my LCD I can see mistakes that I would not have spotted on my CRT and would have made them darker to hide it from view on my LCD... but it would have made it seem too dark on my CRT. Does that make sense to you? Or do I need to try to clarify more?

I just got an LCD for home today, and I see what you mean.

Buddwalk
01-25-2006, 11:25 PM

I've had this lcd for like over a year now i cant tell the difference maybe my eyes have just adjusted to this

BlitPhinFan
01-26-2006, 12:00 AM

Thank you for the response. At least I know I am not going mad then. It looks like you and I will be experimenting in the up coming February competition to find a happy medium.

I was hoping to sell my CRT this week but I may keep it around as a second display to try to figure out the contrast discrepancies.

GreenMachine
01-26-2006, 12:17 AM
I got to get an LCD..Hey wait.. I can hook my PC to my LCD tv right??

BlitPhinFan
01-26-2006, 12:27 AM
I got to get an LCD..Hey wait.. I can hook my PC to my LCD tv right??

yes... if it has VGA, DVI, or S-Video inputs or you have an ATI all-in-wonder card with a breakout box that can output composite and component as well.

It depends on both your TV and video card. To add to the confusion, you can also purchase filters/converters to send the correct signal from your video card to your TV.

Most of todays TV's offer S-video input and almost all graphics cards have an S-video out.

If you wish to get the best results you should have a graphics card with DVI output and a TV that has a DVI input connector. The next best thing is to have a graphics card that has a break out box that can split the signal into component output and your TV having a component input.

unifiedtheory
01-26-2006, 02:40 AM
2 more!

darkmistress
01-26-2006, 04:49 AM
2 more!

one more :wink:

but it doesn't start until Feb so newbies can still get in in place of vets :wink:

darkmistress
01-28-2006, 06:26 PM
One more spot guys, come on let's fill it up! February's almost here :wink:

unifiedtheory
01-29-2006, 03:04 PM
One More?!:tantrum:

darkmistress
01-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Skape
Mindwarp (I know you have some skills)
Mor
Infins
byroan (I know there was a problem last time but it won't happen again :wink:)

just to name a few, let's get this thing filled up :dm:

You don't HAVE to use photoshop to those who are pondering the idea of entering just some kind of image creation program... I used MS Paint for two entries before. You can do the same if you like :)

Buddwalk
01-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Skape
Mindwarp (I know you have some skills)
Mor
Infins
byroan (I know there was a problem last time but it won't happen again :wink:)

just to name a few, let's get this thing filled up :dm:

You don't HAVE to use photoshop to those who are pondering the idea of entering just some kind of image creation program... I used MS Paint for two entries before. You can do the same if you like :)

:wink: :wink: :wink:

LiLRock023
01-29-2006, 07:02 PM
The spot still open? I'd like to exercise my graphics muscle once again.

dolphinfan2k5
01-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Yep its open.

LiLRock023
01-29-2006, 07:07 PM
I guess you can count me in!

Buddwalk
01-29-2006, 07:08 PM
looks like were full :cooldude:

darkmistress
01-29-2006, 09:38 PM
looks like were full :cooldude:

there's still a couple of days for any newbies that want to have a crack at it :wink:

:dm:

Buddwalk
01-29-2006, 10:34 PM
there's still a couple of days for any newbies that want to have a crack at it :wink:

Good Deal...but we'll have a full bracket this time around dm please do me a super big favor and not pit me anywhere near unifiied, hes way way too good :boohoo:

darkmistress
01-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Good Deal...but we'll have a full bracket this time around dm please do me a super big favor and not pit me anywhere near unifiied, hes way way too good :boohoo:

:hmmm:

what do I get in return?

:chuckle:

unifiedtheory
01-29-2006, 10:53 PM

Oh stop it! :tongue:

Buddwalk
01-29-2006, 10:58 PM
:hmmm:

what do I get in return?

:chuckle:

Anything your heart desires :drool:

GreenMachine
01-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Give it to the Jets fan..I hear he sucks... :D

unifiedtheory
01-30-2006, 02:09 AM
Give it to the Jets fan..I hear he sucks... :D

Sounds like a challenge. :wink:

GreenMachine
01-30-2006, 02:35 AM
Sounds like a challenge. :wink:
No challenge.....Just trying to make splash in the finheaven pool...

unifiedtheory
01-30-2006, 02:40 AM
No challenge.....Just trying to make splash in the finheaven pool...

You already have...looking at your designs you will do very well in this contest. It's cool to have a fan from another team in the contest. It'll bring new designs and ideas...should be fun.

inFINSible
01-30-2006, 09:37 AM
DM, if you're running it, I'd like to give it another shot....:D

BlitPhinFan
01-30-2006, 10:31 AM
DM, if you're running it, I'd like to give it another shot....:D

You can have my spot! :D

inFINSible
01-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks Blit.....but, you really don't have to do that....if it's full, I'm okay with that..I didn't want to bump anybody, I just thought if somebody else wanted in also, then it would be even again.

dQbell
01-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Please sign me up, thanks!

darkmistress
01-30-2006, 05:35 PM
Infins you've only had one go haven't you? So you can count as a newbie if you'd like to have a go :wink:

I need to know of those who have signed up and are vets to the comp who is willing to sit out this month they can help me run it if they still want to be involved :)

Buddwalk
01-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Infins you've only had one go haven't you? So you can count as a newbie if you'd like to have a go :wink:

I need to know of those who have signed up and are vets to the comp who is willing to sit out this month they can help me run it if they still want to be involved :)

I would sit out if i didnt have to face unified so early again this time...but i want another go at it :cooldude:

Jt0323
01-30-2006, 08:35 PM

ill sit out, im starting new classes this month anyway ill prob be busy anyway, infins u can take my spot if u want

Buddwalk
01-30-2006, 08:37 PM
ill sit out, im starting new classes this month anyway ill prob be busy anyway, infins u can take my spot if u want

You also dont have photoshop anymore making it kinda difficult for you to truely compete to the best of your abilities. Start using gimp shop bro it kinda sucks but im beginning to find stuff hidden within the program that can be used

inFINSible
01-30-2006, 09:08 PM

:dday:

Yes maam, I would.

darkmistress
01-30-2006, 09:41 PM
:dday:

Yes maam, I would.

Thanks to jt infins can have a slot. Jt may have priority to keep his spot in a future month's comp (I'm sure that'd be cool with 2k5 ;)) and if he'd like he can help with the running of this months if he'd like to be involved :D

darkmistress
01-30-2006, 09:45 PM
You can have my spot! :D

Sorry Blit I didnt see that you already offered :o If you'd like to give up your spot for dQbell then the same applies for you as above mentioned for jt :wink:

BlitPhinFan
01-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Sorry Blit I didnt see that you already offered :o If you'd like to give up your spot for dQbell then the same applies for you as above mentioned for jt :wink:

I am willing to give up my spot. Go ahead and toss dQbell in the mix. I will try again in March. Hopefully I will have more time then anyway. :D

MillerTime
01-30-2006, 10:50 PM
when is this going to start? wedsneday?

darkmistress
01-30-2006, 11:17 PM
when is this going to start? wedsneday?

yes Wednesday it will start. I'll make it an easy task because it will be due Saturday night. If this is going to be a problem for some people please tell me now so I can work it out accourdingly.

And thank you blit for giving up your spot for dQ. Remember the same applies to you as jt :wink:

ILPhinFan88
02-01-2006, 12:20 AM
yes Wednesday it will start. I'll make it an easy task because it will be due Saturday night. If this is going to be a problem for some people please tell me now so I can work it out accourdingly.

And thank you blit for giving up your spot for dQ. Remember the same applies to you as jt :wink:

Is it wednesday in Australia yet?

darkmistress
02-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Is it wednesday in Australia yet?
lol it's wednesday afternoon... I've got a few things to do before I put up the details so they'll come a little later.

Buddwalk
02-01-2006, 12:32 AM
lol it's wednesday afternoon... I've got a few things to do before I put up the details so they'll come a little later.

One of these days im gonna take a trip out to aussie...you gotta show me the hot spots out there dm :wink:

darkmistress
02-01-2006, 12:59 AM
One of these days im gonna take a trip out to aussie...you gotta show me the hot spots out there dm :wink:

I'll put you onto my cousin he will know all the better hotspots that you'd appreciate around town lol

Buddwalk
02-01-2006, 01:07 AM
I'll put you onto my cousin he will know all the better hotspots that you'd appreciate around town lol

Cousin happen to be a female? :wink:

darkmistress
02-01-2006, 01:14 AM
Cousin happen to be a female? :wink:
no lol my nordic, drummer cousin lol

Buddwalk
02-01-2006, 01:15 AM
no lol my nordic drummer cousin lol

ahh the one in the band...that works too :rolleyes2

GreenMachine
02-01-2006, 11:55 AM
So when are the rules going up???