PDA

View Full Version : FREE Alternative to Xbox Live

mor911
01-23-2006, 09:46 AM
There is a service out there called XLink Kai. XLink Kai (XLK) is a free tunneling protocol used to play games over the internet. It currently supports Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, and PSP.

The Mor has personally tried this out with his modded Xbox, and it's an ok service. Based in the UK, XLK is no Xbox Live. But for those folks with modded systems or don't wanna shell out $50 for a year of XBL service, this may be for you.

XLK creates a virtual tunnel that makes your Xbox (or other system) think that it's connected for a multiplayer game via system-link. XLK does require a PC on the network to manage games you are connecting to.

The news that just came out recently: XLK now officially supports the Xbox 360.

XLink Kai Officially Supports Xbox 360

Although support for the Xbox 360 was added to Team XLink's free Kai game tunnel service some time ago, we have been reluctant to announce official support until we have received credible confirmation from our users. Today, [XNZ]Forgiven has confirmed that Perfect Dark Zero runs on Kai! We have also had reports from other users that Halo 2 is running fine as well. Sincere thanks to all the early 360 owners who have been playing on Kai. We look forward to seeing everyone else on November 22nd.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

AquaInferno
01-24-2006, 03:13 PM
There is a service out there called XLink Kai. XLink Kai (XLK) is a free tunneling protocol used to play games over the internet. It currently supports Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, and PSP.

The Mor has personally tried this out with his modded Xbox, and it's an ok service. Based in the UK, XLK is no Xbox Live. But for those folks with modded systems or don't wanna shell out $50 for a year of XBL service, this may be for you.

XLK creates a virtual tunnel that makes your Xbox (or other system) think that it's connected for a multiplayer game via system-link. XLK does require a PC on the network to manage games you are connecting to.

The news that just came out recently: XLK now officially supports the Xbox 360.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

Dude you shoulda got a mod you could turn off for Xbox Live. I couldn't imagine they would have as many useres as Live does, but **** it's free so cheap ***** can enjoy online gaming.

mor911
01-24-2006, 03:19 PM
I have tried it on my modded xbox :D Like I said, it works, but XBL is still a much better experience. Not to mention, with a modded xbox you can modify the game you play online with... Thus XLK is running rampant with cheaters... Not saying XBL isn't, just saying there's NO way to stop it with a tunneling protocol.