PDA

View Full Version : anyone here use gamefly?

Slappy8800
01-23-2006, 12:44 PM
how do u like it? what are the costs?

mor911
01-23-2006, 12:46 PM
It seems like a good idea, but I don't know that I'd get my money's worth. My friend has it, but has a modded Xbox. So he get's 'em, copies the game and sends it back.

Slappy8800
01-23-2006, 01:27 PM
It seems like a good idea, but I don't know that I'd get my money's worth. My friend has it, but has a modded Xbox. So he get's 'em, copies the game and sends it back.
haha good idea!...i mean i dont buy many games and when i do i just trade them in so i figure with the 60 dollar price tag for the 360 games itd be good since blockbuster doesnt rent them yet

Motion
01-23-2006, 02:27 PM
I have it and I love it. I've had it for about 3 months now and have had at least 10 games. I have the 2 game plan which is $21.95/month I believe. I like it because it saves you time of going out and buying a game that ends up a dud or you beat it in a few days and wanna take it back. They are based in CA i believe and it only takes 2-3 days for me to get it by mail here in MD. They use a system where they'll send you the next games on your list as soon as the old ones are scanned at the post office, so you get them faster. It all depends on how much you play but IMO it saves you money in the long run. Think of it this way, for a year its roughly $250, would you rather own 5 games or play unlimited amount by using Gamefly?

mor911
01-23-2006, 02:47 PM
It's completely dependent on the type of gamer/spender you are. The Mor's the kinda guy that likes to have all of his games (and boxes) neatly stacked in my DVD shelf. I like to see my collection and watch it grow. This is an expensive thing... But I work hard and it's one of those things I do for myself.

It'd probly be a lot cheaper for me to get gamefly. I won't get to have my great collection of games, but I won't be stuck with games I don't play anymore.

PeaTearGriffin
01-23-2006, 02:51 PM
It's completely dependent on the type of gamer/spender you are. The Mor's the kinda guy that likes to have all of his games (and boxes) neatly stacked in my DVD shelf. I like to see my collection and watch it grow. This is an expensive thing... But I work hard and it's one of those things I do for myself.

It'd probly be a lot cheaper for me to get gamefly. I won't get to have my great collection of games, but I won't be stuck with games I don't play anymore.

I'm kinda the same way, but i find myself always going back to play some of my older games.

Slappy8800
01-23-2006, 04:09 PM
right now i own 5 games and as soon as madden 07 and nhl 07 are a few weeks away ill trade them in....its not worth it for me to trade in the other games so they collect dust...i play em, get boredwith em and trade em in

Motion
01-23-2006, 05:18 PM
right now i own 5 games and as soon as madden 07 and nhl 07 are a few weeks away ill trade them in....its not worth it for me to trade in the other games so they collect dust...i play em, get boredwith em and trade em in

Sounds like you need Gamefly. :D