PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Claude Wroten

Zeke0123
01-05-2006, 04:31 PM
NCAA | Police and courts: Claude Wroten
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:52:33 -0800

Jordan Blum, of the Shreveport Times, reports Louisiana State All-American senior DT Claude Wroten was arrested late Wednesday, Jan. 4, on charges of felony possession of marijuana with intent to distribute. Wroten was pulled over for speeding and was asked if he had anything illegal in the car, to which he admitted having marijuana for personal consumption. Wroten also had $4,000 in his pocket, which he claimed was on loan from his financial adviser to prepare for NFL training.

LIQUID24
01-05-2006, 05:48 PM
What an idiot. I bet he was one of the guys that Saban was seriously looking at for our 1st round pick. He'll be lucky to go first day now.

dominizzo
01-05-2006, 06:15 PM
2nd day pick

like Antajj Hawthorne

beejay05
01-05-2006, 06:19 PM
2nd day pick

like Antajj Hawthorne
Took the words right out of my mouth....PLayers that slip like that for off the field issues and make or break a draft

Nappy Roots
01-05-2006, 06:42 PM
college players gotta make some money some how

Martel
01-05-2006, 07:30 PM
college players gotta make some money some how

Yeah you get a job a wait for your shot at the draft!! He really screwed up.

Nappy Roots
01-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah you get a job a wait for your shot at the draft!! He really screwed up.

:sidelol:

you cant get a job while playing college football.

but i was joking

touborg
01-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Seriously, if you're a few months away from signing a contract that will probably pay you millions, who is stupid enough to try and make money from selling drugs? Seriously he has to be the dumbest man entering the draft.

Muck
01-05-2006, 08:51 PM
What a moron.

Martel
01-06-2006, 12:55 AM
:sidelol:

you cant get a job while playing college football.

but i was joking

His season is over. If he needed money THAT bad he coulda got some work for a few months. Why would he risk his future like that? Maybe he'll bounce back. I hope he does. I hate to see anybody throw their life away over something dumb like this.

biggtyme13
01-24-2006, 04:32 AM
I just read an article about wroten being caught with marijuana with intent to sell and was dropped from the senior bowl roster. With that said if anybody knows about Wrotens charecter it would be Saban. If saban feels wroten is a good kin he may be a steal for us in 2nd or 3rd round. He could be a beast in our 3-4.

BlueFin
01-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Saban is Kin to Wroten?

dominizzo
01-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Id love Claude Wroten but hes a bad boy he got arrested

ckparrothead
01-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Big question on whether Wroten will even escape prison on this one. When you're caught with $4,000 in your wallet plus a couple of bags of weed, intent to sell can be a pretty open and shut case if he doesn't get a good lawyer. Problem is he claimed he got the money as an advance from his financial advisor...which is plausible. However, if true, the FA would have to be able to confirm that story and if he can't then it is even MORE grim for Claude because the judge and jury would know he lied about where the money came from.

Still...I'd pick him with one of our 7th rounders just to retain his rights in case everything gets cleared up. He's very, very talented. Play it off as one of Saban's guys made a mistake and Saban wants to help him get back on the right track in life.

FinNasty
01-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Big question on whether Wroten will even escape prison on this one. When you're caught with $4,000 in your wallet plus a couple of bags of weed, intent to sell can be a pretty open and shut case if he doesn't get a good lawyer. Problem is he claimed he got the money as an advance from his financial advisor...which is plausible. However, if true, the FA would have to be able to confirm that story and if he can't then it is even MORE grim for Claude because the judge and jury would know he lied about where the money came from.

Still...I'd pick him with one of our 7th rounders just to retain his rights in case everything gets cleared up. He's very, very talented. Play it off as one of Saban's guys made a mistake and Saban wants to help him get back on the right track in life.

Its not as open and shut as you think it would be. With a great lawyer... he could still get out of it. I aint saying it will be easy... but dont underestimate how ret@rded the system is...

But I would love to use a later pick on this guy. Mad talented... and knows the system.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-24-2006, 01:48 PM

Good points. Talk about a dumb move for a young guy. He was probably a late 1st rounder prior to this incident.

ckparrothead
01-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Its not as open and shut as you think it would be. With a great lawyer... he could still get out of it. I aint saying it will be easy... but dont underestimate how ret@rded the system is...

But I would love to use a later pick on this guy. Mad talented... and knows the system.

The system still works like 95% of the time you just always here about the 5% when it doesn't.

The bottom line is if the FA can't corroborate his story about the pre-draft loan, then he's guilty of lying to the police in addition to the weed and money in his car. They won't prosecute him for the lying part, but it would make the "intent to sell" charge stick pretty easily no matter what voodoo tricks some hot shot lawyer pulls out of his bag. And, if they decide to do a deal that knocks the intent to sell down to just possession...possession of that much weed could easily get you jail, and the judge WILL take into account the $4000 in his pocket and his lying to the police when he sentences him, whether the intent to sell charge gets dropped or not.

FinNasty
01-24-2006, 05:47 PM
The system still works like 95% of the time you just always here about the 5% when it doesn't.

The bottom line is if the FA can't corroborate his story about the pre-draft loan, then he's guilty of lying to the police in addition to the weed and money in his car. They won't prosecute him for the lying part, but it would make the "intent to sell" charge stick pretty easily no matter what voodoo tricks some hot shot lawyer pulls out of his bag. And, if they decide to do a deal that knocks the intent to sell down to just possession...possession of that much weed could easily get you jail, and the judge WILL take into account the $4000 in his pocket and his lying to the police when he sentences him, whether the intent to sell charge gets dropped or not.

how much herb did he have on him?