PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest to Kings for Peja

Phinz4Life
01-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Just saw it on ESPN News.

Lets see if the Kings can keep that guys temper down, and keep him sane.

LINK: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2304512

dominizzo
01-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Looks like Pacers can make the playoffs

Jermaine Oneal
Stephen JAckson
Jaamaal Tinsley
Peja Stojackovic

SMadison29
01-24-2006, 06:16 PM
As long as the Pacers don't count on Peja in the playoffs.

Nappy Roots
01-24-2006, 07:05 PM
now the deal is nixed. Artest said he doesnt want to go to sacramento. so the trade aint gonna happen.

finfansince72
01-24-2006, 07:08 PM
So Artest would rather not play another entire season? When you demand an outright trade and stop playing u can't pick where you are going to go. Seriously, does Artest have mental problems, I know hes kind of a headcase but is he really just crazy? Stupid? His trade value probaly just dropped a little more now, maybe the Bobcats want him now.

Prime
01-24-2006, 07:16 PM
More breaking news.

ESPN reported that the trade was rejected because Artest does not want to go to the Kings, so he is still a Pacer. I have a feeling that Artest will not be traded this season.

Caps
01-24-2006, 07:45 PM
I'll send them Walker for him :lol:

byroan
01-24-2006, 08:32 PM
I bet the Bobcats would love to have him. :lol:

They're falling apart and losing starters to injuries every game. They just lost Gerald Wallace for 4-6 weeks and have been without Okafor and May for awhile now.

Roman529
01-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Sac-town must be too boring for Artest, although it might be an upgrade over Indy?

finfansince72
01-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Artest is probaly holding out for the Lakers or maybe the Knicks. He might be suspended without pay now from what ESPN analysists were saying. They have been paying him up until now but him refusing to report to SacTown is grounds to suspend him without pay. I wish Artest would go play in Europe or somewhere else, I dont want him hijacking anymore of the NBA season, Im tired of hearing about him. We had to listen to T.O. all year in the NFL, now Artest, its gotten old, I used to like watching ESPN.

Roman529
01-25-2006, 01:54 AM
The Pacers President, Donnie Walsh, should sideline Artest without pay for the rest of the year,......then if he still doesn't wake up, make him sit out 2007 without pay.....see who needs the $$$ more. I am sick of knuckleheads like Artest and Spreewell (who could not feed his family on 14 Mill/year whining and crying like overpaid babies). You wanna know why the NBA sucks....look at
Ron Artest.

Rocky Raccoon
01-25-2006, 01:56 AM
The Pacers President, Donnie Walsh, should sideline Artest without pay for the rest of the year,......then if he still doesn't wake up, make him sit out 2007 without pay.....see who needs the $$$ more. I am sick of knuckleheads like Artest and Spreewell (who could not feed his family on 14 Mill/year whining and crying like overpaid babies). You wanna know why the NBA sucks....look at
Ron Artest.

:yeahthat:

GreenMachine
01-25-2006, 03:10 AM
I bet the Bobcats would love to have him. :lol:

They're falling apart and losing starters to injuries every game. They just lost Gerald Wallace for 4-6 weeks and have been without Okafor and May for awhile now.

I bet they wished they drafted Howard instead!!! Looks like the Magic finally did something right!

finfansince72
01-25-2006, 07:57 AM
Ron Artest.

Yea, that move by Spreewell was genius. He wouldnt sniff more than league minimum now. Couldnt happen to a nicer guy.

Ferretsquig
01-25-2006, 10:41 AM
The Bobcats arent trading for anyone, fortunately they have some people with forsight, something most fans and gms tend to lack in the NBA. They may serve as a go between if a multi-team trade goes down, since they can swallow a contract. But thats not likely, it would have to be an expiring deal and include picks.

I dont know why anyone is blaming Artest on this trade nix. The Kings suck and wouldnt of been much better wtih him. Its in his best interest to hold out until a decent opportunity arises, even if it means he loses some of his paycheck. The Pacers probably realize nothing they get for him now will vault them into contender status so they might as well just hold onto him until the offseason, when the options become far more appealing.

Majpain
01-25-2006, 03:18 PM
LOL what a loser Artest.His excuse was "I don't won't to play for the Kings".You can't please this guy.

Section126
01-25-2006, 05:49 PM
The Deal is back on now as Artest has given his okay to the deal.....

finfansince72
01-25-2006, 07:22 PM
The Deal is back on now as Artest has given his okay to the deal.....

Whew, the Kings got a reprieve from a terrible deal now they want to go ahead and do it? Well they were warned, they were warned...
Anyone give them a chance to even make any noise after this deal? I just dont see the reason to pick this headcase up if you can't compete for a title.

SMadison29
01-25-2006, 08:59 PM
If I were the Kings I wouldn't have made the deal after he said he didn't want to go there. That can't make his new teammates feel good.

Prime
01-25-2006, 09:43 PM
The Kings better be prepared for a immature punk on their team.

kebort
01-25-2006, 11:55 PM
as a pacers fan i am really happy to see this happen, cuz now they have what they needed a good shooter, and sacramento is getting a really good all around player...even though he can snap at anytime...really i hate to see artest go, but peja is a good pickup

Quelonio
01-26-2006, 02:06 AM
as a pacers fan i am really happy to see this happen, cuz now they have what they needed a good shooter, and sacramento is getting a really good all around player...even though he can snap at anytime...really i hate to see artest go, but peja is a good pickup

Awesome Avy man, that skit is classic.