PDA

View Full Version : Today's North Practice

Dolfan1000
01-24-2006, 07:14 PM
As I said there were a lot of big names around the field today, including Charley Casserly, Nick Saban, Romeo Crennel, Jon Gruden (who took a special interest in the defensive backs) and Andy Reid just to name a few.

The Dallas Cowboys gave a lot of attention to Gabe Watson while Miami chatted up Charlie Whitehurst.

Courtesy of Scott Wright on NFLDraftcountdown.com

My thinking- from what I saw on NFL network, Whitehurst looked good. But again, with Saban you just never know. He is already starting the "game" he plays, so take it with a grain of salt.

And another thing, when Wright talks about big names around the field.. SHOULDNT HE BE LISTING EVERY COACH? I mean, do some coaches actually not go?

SF Dolphin Fan
01-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Interesting. Looks like Gabe Watson is starting to get more consideration after having a down senior year where his motor was questioned. He actually would be a good fit in the 3-4, but now I wonder if he will last until Miami's second pick. I think Saban is going to chat up all the quarterbacks and Whitehurst has to be one of the second tier guys he is looking at.

Pink_Dove
01-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Interesting. Looks like Gabe Watson is starting to get more consideration after having a down senior year where his motor was questioned. He actually would be a good fit in the 3-4, but now I wonder if he will last until Miami's second pick. I think Saban is going to chat up all the quarterbacks and Whitehurst has to be one of the second tier guys he is looking at.

I keep hearing Gabe Watson's a classic underachiever. But with those feet and that size, it's hard not to look at him as a borderline 1st rounder. He's got a pretty nice burst as well. As for Whitehurst, in the limited action I saw him today, he put too much air on a deep ball and was almost picked off. On his second throw, he zinged an impressive 10 yard out on the money.
One thing I noticed is his fluid dropback, he moves his feet really well and stepped up in the pocket nicely.

PHINSfan
01-24-2006, 08:27 PM
Whitehurst and Watson seem to have done very well in practice so far.

phinphan11
01-24-2006, 08:36 PM
And another thing, when Wright talks about big names around the field.. SHOULDNT HE BE LISTING EVERY COACH? I mean, do some coaches actually not go?

Was Parcells there? I would think that he might think he was too good to attend and end up sending other coaches...