c- josh willingham
1b- mike jacobs
2b- pokey reese
ss- hanley remirez
3b- miguel cabrera
rf- jeremy hermida
cf- eric reed
lf- chris aguila

but then again most of them are basically rookies and haven't been in the mlb to prove themselves so who knows what the lineup will be after spring training

looking forward to a 100+ loss season:rolleyes: edit: sept 18th 2006: boy was i wrong<<!

go marlins!!

go marlins

Prime Time
01-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Go Marlins....it doesn't look good though :nono:

miamikid92
01-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Go Marlins....it doesn't look good though :nono:

by the time i'm old enough for the mlb most of our players will be in their prime :lol:

Prime Time
01-25-2006, 12:03 AM
:lol: That is If we still keep them....

dob72
01-25-2006, 12:47 AM
world series champs 06 to 09 locked

Ray Finkle
01-25-2006, 01:55 AM
world series champs 06 to 09 locked

With the players the Marlins got this offseason I wouldn't be surprised if they won another World Series Title by 2009. After all the Marlins win 1 WS every 5 to 7 years.

dob72
01-25-2006, 02:18 AM
With the players the Marlins got this offseason I wouldn't be surprised if they won another World Series Title by 2009. After all the Marlins win 1 WS every 5 to 7 years.
yea but they prolly won't be the marlins by 09

Prime Time
01-25-2006, 07:02 PM
yea but they prolly won't be the marlins by 09

Man I hope they still are. I really don't want them to be the "Slot Machines" :lol:

Ray Finkle
01-25-2006, 08:07 PM
Man I hope they still are. I really don't want them to be the "Slot Machines" :lol:

Same here. Eventhough I'm a big time Red Sox fan, I'm an unofficial Marlins fan. I hope they stay in FL and get a new stadium. They have some serious talent and will be a force in a few years.

SMadison29
01-25-2006, 09:00 PM
They'll be lucky to win 50 games this year, but in 3 years they'll all be household names winning another World Series.

King Felix
01-25-2006, 09:08 PM
2 bad there coming to oregon and ill be a season ticket holder

RWhitney014
01-25-2006, 09:15 PM
2 bad there coming to oregon and ill be a season ticket holder

Portland won't publicly finance a stadium. Forget about it.

RWhitney014
01-25-2006, 09:16 PM
They'll be lucky to win 50 games this year, but in 3 years they'll all be household names winning another World Series.

Lucky to win 50? That means you're predicting they will lose 112 games. That's not going to happen.

King Felix
01-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Portland won't publicly finance a stadium. Forget about it.

lots of talk about it down here but we dont ahve a stadium and no1 is goin to pay extra taxes for a new stadium

SMadison29
01-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Lucky to win 50? That means you're predicting they will lose 112 games. That's not going to happen.

With that offense, it's very much a reality. The starters are Dontrelle, Moehler, Mitre, ???, & ???. Plus the Braves, Phillies, Nationals, & Mets are all good.

Prime Time
01-25-2006, 10:54 PM
I hope they find a way to get a stadium here...please!

RWhitney014
01-26-2006, 12:13 AM
With that offense, it's very much a reality. The starters are Dontrelle, Moehler, Mitre, ???, & ???. Plus the Braves, Phillies, Nationals, & Mets are all good.

The offense isn't going to be the problem. Don't let last season's average stats blind you; this offense would score 2 runs every day for a week and explode for 12 on Sunday. They couldn't hit late in games, they couldn't hit with RISP, and they virtually all underperformed except for Cabrera, Delgado, and Encarnacion.

Cabrera is back and is likely to absolutely explode this season. And before you use the whole protection argument, it hasn't stopped Bonds from setting records and it never stopped guys like Richie Sexson in Milwaukee from producing big numbers. Not only that, but he will have protection, namely in early Rookie of the Year candidate Jeremy Hermida, a right fielder replacing Encarnacion who is the second- or third-best prospect in all of baseball (Delmon Young, Brandon Wood, Francisco Liriano are probably the only ones who measure up). Then there's Mike Jacobs, who was the Eastern League MVP last year and did hit 11 homers in 100 ABs, albeit against diluted pitching. He can still hit .280-25-90, which is plenty good. Josh Willingham has hit at every level in the pros except for the majors, where he will be getting his first chance. In AAA last season, an a broken forearm incurred in BP in TB with the big club sat him from July to September, but he still hit .324-19-54-.455 (OBP) in just 219 ABs. That's a very solid 2-3-4-5 or 3-4-5-6. The rest of the lineup is very iffy, but it would be helped tremendously by the acquisition of a leadoff hitter that can get on base, something the Marlins sorely lack right now. The ballyhooed acquisition of Joey Gathright would help in a big way. There are still questions about left, center, and second, as long as Ham is catching (he could end up playing LF if Miguel Olivo, who was very solid offensively in San Diego last year after a putrid experience in Seattle), with light-hitting Chris Aguila and Eric Reed and Rule V pickup Dan Uggla slotted to play those positions. The SS position will belong to either super-prospect Hanley Ramirez or Robert Andino, another young player with a slick glove and a weak stick, and Pokey Reese will also show up in the lineup fairly regularly at one of the middle infield positions. Of the quartet, Uggla has the most pop - he hit .297-21-87-.378 last year in the pitching-rich Southern League, very strong for a 2B.

I'm not going to go into the pitching here because there's way too much to talk about for one post, but while the Fish have their growing pains to experience, they will have a lot of talent on the field in 2006. It's only getting better from here, of course, and I don't consider the dismantling of a consecutive 83-win team that drew 21,000 a night to be the huge deal that 1998 was, at least on the field. Emotionally it was very tough, but emotions don't win World Series; they win 3rd place.

miamikid92
01-29-2006, 11:09 PM
The offense isn't going to be the problem. Don't let last season's average stats blind you; this offense would score 2 runs every day for a week and explode for 12 on Sunday. They couldn't hit late in games, they couldn't hit with RISP, and they virtually all underperformed except for Cabrera, Delgado, and Encarnacion.

Cabrera is back and is likely to absolutely explode this season. And before you use the whole protection argument, it hasn't stopped Bonds from setting records and it never stopped guys like Richie Sexson in Milwaukee from producing big numbers. Not only that, but he will have protection, namely in early Rookie of the Year candidate Jeremy Hermida, a right fielder replacing Encarnacion who is the second- or third-best prospect in all of baseball (Delmon Young, Brandon Wood, Francisco Liriano are probably the only ones who measure up). Then there's Mike Jacobs, who was the Eastern League MVP last year and did hit 11 homers in 100 ABs, albeit against diluted pitching. He can still hit .280-25-90, which is plenty good. Josh Willingham has hit at every level in the pros except for the majors, where he will be getting his first chance. In AAA last season, an a broken forearm incurred in BP in TB with the big club sat him from July to September, but he still hit .324-19-54-.455 (OBP) in just 219 ABs. That's a very solid 2-3-4-5 or 3-4-5-6. The rest of the lineup is very iffy, but it would be helped tremendously by the acquisition of a leadoff hitter that can get on base, something the Marlins sorely lack right now. The ballyhooed acquisition of Joey Gathright would help in a big way. There are still questions about left, center, and second, as long as Ham is catching (he could end up playing LF if Miguel Olivo, who was very solid offensively in San Diego last year after a putrid experience in Seattle), with light-hitting Chris Aguila and Eric Reed and Rule V pickup Dan Uggla slotted to play those positions. The SS position will belong to either super-prospect Hanley Ramirez or Robert Andino, another young player with a slick glove and a weak stick, and Pokey Reese will also show up in the lineup fairly regularly at one of the middle infield positions. Of the quartet, Uggla has the most pop - he hit .297-21-87-.378 last year in the pitching-rich Southern League, very strong for a 2B.

I'm not going to go into the pitching here because there's way too much to talk about for one post, but while the Fish have their growing pains to experience, they will have a lot of talent on the field in 2006. It's only getting better from here, of course, and I don't consider the dismantling of a consecutive 83-win team that drew 21,000 a night to be the huge deal that 1998 was, at least on the field. Emotionally it was very tough, but emotions don't win World Series; they win 3rd place.

good post

do you guys agree with the no facial hair rule?

King Felix
01-29-2006, 11:25 PM
i just hope portland gets the marlins.......i just hope

Prime Time
01-29-2006, 11:28 PM
good post

do you guys agree with the no facial hair rule?

Huh? What rule?

Prime Time
01-29-2006, 11:33 PM
I just found out what you are talkin' about and it is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I didn't even know NY implemented this. This is very ******ed. Let players have their own personal styles, It doesn't bother you.

miamikid92
01-29-2006, 11:41 PM
I just found out what you are talkin' about and it is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I didn't even know NY implemented this. This is very ******ed. Let players have their own personal styles, It doesn't bother you.

yeah i think its ******ed too, although i don't know about any marlins who would have facial hair with these knew players but jason stokes

RWhitney014
01-30-2006, 12:14 AM
The facial hair thing has nothing to do with stubble and everything to do with showing who's the boss. As you will hopefully read in my next column, which needs to be approved (hint hint, admins! Step up, new guys! Posted it a whole 4 minutes ago!), it's worth it to let the players know who has control. As they mature and form cohesion, it will probably be relaxed to allow for goatees and such. But it's a matter of professionalism. Just like you wouldn't show up to the office with a two-day scruff, it's not professional to show up to the park that way.

Prime Time
01-30-2006, 01:02 AM
The facial hair thing has nothing to do with stubble and everything to do with showing who's the boss. As you will hopefully read in my next column, which needs to be approved (hint hint, admins! Step up, new guys! Posted it a whole 4 minutes ago!), it's worth it to let the players know who has control. As they mature and form cohesion, it will probably be relaxed to allow for goatees and such. But it's a matter of professionalism. Just like you wouldn't show up to the office with a two-day scruff, it's not professional to show up to the park that way.

Okay but the office isn't entertainment. Baseball is. This is complete BS. If I was on the Marlins, I'd be pretty upset about this. Just let me play my game, and let me look how I want to look.

Also...If its about showing them who's boss. Why not do something like be at TC on time or you will be held out of playing that day or something? This is rediculous...

dob72
01-30-2006, 01:32 AM
maybe he's trying to trick them into thinking there on the yankees

TerryTate
01-31-2006, 04:45 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2312875

oh joy of joys... Gonzalez officially gone.

UCFinfan86
01-31-2006, 07:40 AM
i agree with the facial hair, i have a job and im not allowed to have any facial hair, this is their job, their bosses make the rules just like any other business

Prime Time
01-31-2006, 05:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2312875

oh joy of joys... Gonzalez officially gone.

I hope that is sarcasm. He is going to have a hard time hitting HRs here...

miamikid92
02-06-2006, 09:10 PM
bump..

miamikid92
02-13-2006, 09:12 PM
http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060211&content_id=1310002&vkey=news_fla&fext=.jsp&c_id=fla

q&a with fasaro

dob72
02-13-2006, 09:56 PM
I hope that is sarcasm. He is going to have a hard time hitting HRs here...
he has a hard time hitting hrs anywhere

dob72
02-13-2006, 09:58 PM
whos gonna play center field are they gonna do that joey gathright trade

Prime Time
02-13-2006, 10:15 PM
he has a hard time hitting hrs anywhere

He hit 23 not too long ago...

dob72
02-13-2006, 10:38 PM
He hit 23 not too long ago...
yea but he's ba was like 230 last year his ba went up and his hr droped

miamikid92
02-21-2006, 12:35 AM
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/13906062.htm

The Marlins are about to embark on the most disastrous, depressing season in franchise history.
Sorry to break the bad news, but it needs to be said because the start of spring training brings an overdose of blind optimism that just might cause you to believe these Florida Marlins will be exciting and interesting and maybe even a pleasant surprise in 2006.

thoughts?

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 01:11 AM
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/13906062.htm

The Marlins are about to embark on the most disastrous, depressing season in franchise history.
Sorry to break the bad news, but it needs to be said because the start of spring training brings an overdose of blind optimism that just might cause you to believe these Florida Marlins will be exciting and interesting and maybe even a pleasant surprise in 2006.

thoughts?

It is just sad. MLB needs a cap...fast...

Ray Finkle
02-21-2006, 01:22 AM

This is exactly what the owner of the team wanted though. He had a huge fire sale and got back a lot of good young players. So by the time they're ready for the big leagues/playing to their potential (in about 5 years maximum) the Marlins will have a new stadium somewhere in America so the owner could sell out every game and win yet another World Series. Thus make a ton of money on revenues.

Seriously watch out of the Marlins in 5 years, especially if they get a new stadium. They'll be full of talent and making a ton of money they might be the Braves of the 2010's (ala winning the East every year).

miamikid92
02-21-2006, 09:49 AM
This is exactly what the owner of the team wanted though. He had a huge fire sale and got back a lot of good young players. So by the time they're ready for the big leagues/playing to their potential (in about 5 years maximum) the Marlins will have a new stadium somewhere in America so the owner could sell out every game and win yet another World Series. Thus make a ton of money on revenues.

Seriously watch out of the Marlins in 5 years, especially if they get a new stadium. They'll be full of talent and making a ton of money they might be the Braves of the 2010's (ala winning the East every year).

i hope there the braves of the 2010's in florida :(

MelbournePhin
02-21-2006, 09:01 PM
its going to be a hard season for us. ill still watch as many games as i can

Alex44
02-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Every time we take 3 steps forward we take 4 steps back

Well this proves who the real fans are, I will still watch every televised game I can and cheer my team on even though it doesnt look good, just like I didn in 99 and 00 when we were terrible

MelbournePhin
02-21-2006, 10:03 PM
i love watching marlins games. i only get to see half of them a year though

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 10:53 PM
I'll still watch all the games I can, and like always I'll attend a handful of games.

RWhitney014
02-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Are we in Houston yet?

miamikid92
02-26-2006, 08:17 PM
http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060226&content_id=1323755&vkey=news_fla&fext=.jsp&c_id=fla

what are your projected starting lineup/ rotation's

RWhitney014
02-26-2006, 08:27 PM
1) Joey Gathright, CF
2) Pokey Reese, SS
3) Jeremy Hermida, RF
4) Miguel Cabrera, 3B
5) Mike Jacobs, 1B
6) Josh Willingham, LF
7) Miguel Olivo, C
8) Dan Uggla, 2B

I'd like to see Ham become a good enough C to play there, because he'd instantly be one of the top 5 offensive catchers in the league, but I don't see it happening as of now. Uggla gets his shot, Hanley starts in the minors for about 3 months, gets called up around the AS Break.

1) Dontrelle Willis, LHP
2) Brian Moehler, RHP
3) Jason Vargas, LHP
4) Josh Johnson, RHP
5) Yusmeiro Petit, RHP

Scott Olsen takes Petit's place if we don't get Gathright/somehow don't need him to acquire Gathright, which would be ideal.

DwayneWade
02-26-2006, 08:40 PM
When do they start?

DwayneWade
02-26-2006, 08:41 PM
All I can say is I hope this team plays their heart out and wins with heart.

miamikid92
02-27-2006, 12:02 AM
http://marlinbaseball.com/news.php

i want stokes to start but we have jacobs so maybe they will split time

RWhitney014
02-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Stokes isn't starting. Stokes isn't going to be on the major league roster. He has injury problems, missed virtually all of last year, and is roadblocked by a guy who was the MVP of his league last year, who hit 11 homers in 100 MLB ABs, and who is only 2 years older than him. Best-case scenario for Stokes and the Marlins is that he has a healthy and a productive year, because if Jakes pans out like we hope, a power-hitting 24 year-old 1B could draw some attention in the trade market.

DeathStar
02-28-2006, 04:28 AM
damn we are goign to lose over 100 games.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

miamikid92
03-03-2006, 05:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260302101

fish win first spring training game vs o's..6-3 is the final
and they won today 5-4
2-0 so far :D

Prime Time
03-03-2006, 05:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260302101

fish win first spring training game vs o's..6-3 is the final
and they won today 5-4
2-0 so far :D

I don't know why but I always take Pre-Season as the opposite of what you do in the regular season...

DwayneWade
03-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Man I hope marlins are like the 2003 Heat. :)

miamikid92
03-03-2006, 11:15 PM
I don't know why but I always take Pre-Season as the opposite of what you do in the regular season...well im pretty sure winning so far can't be a bad sign, lets see how they do with out miguel and trelle

BAMAPHIN 22
03-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Marlins release AWOL infielder Reese

Second baseman Pokey Reese's contract was terminated Sunday by the Florida Marlins, who said they were disappointed not to receive an explanation regarding his abrupt departure from spring training.

Reese went home following a workout Wednesday without notifying the Marlins. They later heard twice from his agent, but not directly from Reese, general manager Larry Beinfest said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/specials/spring_training/2006/03/05/marline.reese.ap/index.html

Prime Time
03-06-2006, 12:47 AM
Marlins release AWOL infielder Reese

Second baseman Pokey Reese's contract was terminated Sunday by the Florida Marlins, who said they were disappointed not to receive an explanation regarding his abrupt departure from spring training.

Reese went home following a workout Wednesday without notifying the Marlins. They later heard twice from his agent, but not directly from Reese, general manager Larry Beinfest said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/specials/spring_training/2006/03/05/marline.reese.ap/index.html

Are you serious?!?! I was expecting him to start? He was one of the few guys I thought would have a "good" season....

RWhitney014
03-06-2006, 12:54 AM
Are you serious?!?! I was expecting him to start? He was one of the few guys I thought would have a "good" season....

Nah, he probably wasn't going to start, especially if Hanley Ramirez proves he can stick in MLB. Girardi has been impressed by Uggla at 2B, so he looks to be getting the nod there. Reese was going to be a nice veteran influence on all the young MIFs, though, so they're going to need to replace him somehow. There will be plenty of cuts around Opening Day, and this team is definitely making a trade to acquire their CF/leadoff hitter before then. I have a very strong hunch on that one.

miamikid92
03-30-2006, 04:25 PM
geez the fish are taring it up in ST! i hope they keep this up for the season!

Alex44
04-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Opening Night Tonight

Im hoping we will somehow have a great season although I highly doubt it, but you never know, we had a great Spring Training and we ARE talented, just young, and if a young team can get on a roll they can be dangerous

Oh well I wont give up on the season untill we are out of it for sure

Alex44
04-03-2006, 06:51 PM
GAMES STARTING SOON

I cant wait, I hope they keep the Marlins in Florida, Sure I hate the dirt in the stadium but I can deal untill they get a stadium of their own.....

dob72
04-03-2006, 07:05 PM
"prepares for the worst"

Alex44
04-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Expect the best, but prepare for the worse thats what ive always been told

I really like Joe Girardi he seems like a real stand up guys, if we give 100% every game I wont mind losing, Like before when we really stunk we always left it on the field so I was happy

Question for everyone here

Who are your all time favorite marlins

EDIT- I'll keep games updated for everyone who doesnt watch or cant watch or whatever

After 1 Inning- tied 0-0

Dubfire
04-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Let me preface this by saying that I am a huge Marlins fan and former season ticket holder. Myself and 3 of my coworkers have been splitting 2 seats since the 96 season. This year, 2 decided not to renew which left me and someone else. Price was too high for 2 peple so we didnt renew.

Judging by the looks of this lineup, the 2006 Marlins run total will be equal to or slightly higher than Miguel Cabrera's RBI total.

Alex44
04-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Thats pessimistic Dub :lol:

They are young but they have talent, dont give up untill they prove they cant compete

Dubfire
04-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Thats pessimistic Dub :lol:

They are young but they have talent, dont give up untill they prove they cant compete

I love baseball and it has to get really bad for me not to watch. I do agree with you in that they are talented and very young. Should either be really exciting or very disapponting. I just really hate the fact that we find ourselves in this predicament every 5 years. It's tough being a fan this way. No wonder they can't draw people.

It's time we got a serious owner with deep pockets who can build us a domed stadium. That's the ONLY way MLB will survie in south florida.

Alex44
04-03-2006, 08:03 PM
I love baseball and it has to get really bad for me not to watch. I do agree with you in that they are talented and very young. Should either be really exciting or very disapponting. I just really hate the fact that we find ourselves in this predicament every 5 years. It's tough being a fan this way. No wonder they can't draw people.

It's time we got a serious owner with deep pockets who can build us a domed stadium. That's the ONLY way MLB will survie in south florida.

I know what you mean about the shakeups every 5 years, I was 7 when I started watching baseball in 97 and we won the world series, after that year I didnt totally understand where all the players went I was to young to really understand trades, free agency and such, but I followed the team through all our bad years, and its frustrating, but I love our team so I'll always support them somehow and hope they dont leave Florida

Change in ownership would be good, and we NEED a new stadium soon, sometimes I wonder if our ownership now wants us out of florida

PhinSoldia
04-03-2006, 08:52 PM
I know what you mean about the shakeups every 5 years, I was 7 when I started watching baseball in 97 and we won the world series, after that year I didnt totally understand where all the players went I was to young to really understand trades, free agency and such, but I followed the team through all our bad years, and its frustrating, but I love our team so I'll always support them somehow and hope they dont leave Florida

Change in ownership would be good, and we NEED a new stadium soon, sometimes I wonder if our ownership now wants us out of florida

i dont think so....i think the shake-up was for what they say- to save revenue. the only reason i feel that they have not accepted the San Antonio deal is because they REALLY want to stay in South Florida

Alex44
04-03-2006, 09:04 PM
First and Third two outs.....

Come on get this out

EDIT-

0-0

Houston at bat

bases loaded 2 outs....bottom of the 7th......

EDIT AGAIN-

Wild Pitch :cry: run scores

Prime Time
04-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Down 1-0...and our offense isn't showing any life...

Prime Time
04-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Last chance...3 outs to go...

Prime Time
04-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Double Play..Game over...

miamikid92
04-03-2006, 09:45 PM
tough game..

Alex44
04-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Oh well this is a young team and can look at this two ways

1- We played them tough, they are the defending national league champs, and they needed a passed ball to beat us, we can be for real

2- We cant even score a run....we suck

How they decide to take this lose will shape the rest of the season

305TillIDie
04-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Oh well this is a young team and can look at this two ways

1- We played them tough, they are the defending national league champs, and they needed a passed ball to beat us, we can be for real

2- We cant even score a run....we suck

How they decide to take this lose will shape the rest of the season

yeah.. we did play them hard..its a very young team and we might dont win alot of games..but hey.. im enjoying the marlins while they are still here.. go fish tho..:shakeno:

King Felix
04-04-2006, 07:23 PM
florida reminds me of seattle.

Alex44
04-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Game two about to start

Hopefully the bats come alive tonight

Alex44
04-04-2006, 08:12 PM
3-0 Marlins

Back to Back Homers WOOOT

Dubfire
04-04-2006, 08:16 PM
:woot:

Alex44
04-04-2006, 08:24 PM
It almost hurts me watching Preston Wilson on other teams

When he was a Marlin Id go to games and Id always sit in center field right behind him, and every game I was at he would toss me a ball or two, in between innings or when he caught the last out, It was so cool, he was my favorite player and he knew it

Anyway back to today

Ambercrombie is coming to bat, he reminds me of the kind of player Preston was for us

nick1
04-04-2006, 08:51 PM
the Marlins have a pretty decent team, I think they won't suck as much as some experst think. and from everything I've seen they think the Marlins will lose 100+ games.

they have some pretty good hitters, they are young which is probably why they didn't do anything last night but they are good hitters. the whole season will really depend upon the pitching, Willis is good but outside of him we have a bunch of youngsters who could get rattled alot this season

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-04-2006, 08:51 PM
did vince young throw out the first pitch? side-armed?

Alex44
04-04-2006, 08:55 PM
the Marlins have a pretty decent team, I think they won't suck as much as some experst think. and from everything I've seen they think the Marlins will lose 100+ games.

they have some pretty good hitters, they are young which is probably why they didn't do anything last night but they are good hitters. the whole season will really depend upon the pitching, Willis is good but outside of him we have a bunch of youngsters who could get rattled alot this season

Ive been saying this for months now and last night proved it to me

There going to give it all they have and they are talented, their mind set will determine how far they can go

From what ive seen so far I really like Hanley Ramirez, if he keeps this up he will be a very good player, and from what ive heard he can fly speed wise

EDIT - WOOOOOT

Ambercrombie got his first career hit and he ripped it!!!

Alex44
04-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Hanley Ramirez two run single

5-0 Marlins

miamikid92
04-04-2006, 09:17 PM
homer jacobbbbss

Alex44
04-04-2006, 09:23 PM
wow 10-0

I really like Hanley and Ambercrombie, they look good, especially Hanley at this point

PhinSoldia
04-04-2006, 09:24 PM
last night i was swishing that Alex came back but wow....Hanly came out to play today....look at the future of our team guys...

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-04-2006, 09:39 PM
it's getting ridiculous now...

Alex44
04-04-2006, 10:00 PM
I love how Abercrombie runs full speed every time he makes contact even on routine grounders.

dob72
04-04-2006, 10:12 PM
hen-ram is like 4-5 nice

Prime Time
04-04-2006, 10:13 PM
11-0...what a game. :)

nick1
04-04-2006, 10:22 PM
go Marlins! I'm not sure how good to expect them to be but I think .500 is a possibility maybe better, how do you guys think they will do?

dob72
04-04-2006, 10:46 PM
go Marlins! I'm not sure how good to expect them to be but I think .500 is a possibility maybe better, how do you guys think they will do?
idk i don't think they won't be as bad as people think but who knows i only really know like 5 players just don't get ur hopes up lol

Alex44
04-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Im not sure.....I see a LOT of talent on the team, they are just young, I think they will hit just fine, the pitching staff worries me though, its a huge dropoff from years passed, and im still waiting to see how the defense will play

miamikid92
04-05-2006, 09:44 PM
down 6-4 at the moment.. >:0

lets go marlins!

nick1
04-05-2006, 10:08 PM
6-5 with a runner on 2nd, they are making a come back

miamikid92
04-05-2006, 10:14 PM
that's ok we got 2 more shots at it guys!

Prime Time
04-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Marlins coming back...2 innings to go..we can do eeeetttt.

Alex44
04-05-2006, 10:20 PM
6-5

We got a shot, im pleasantly suprised by the teams play these first 3 games

nick1
04-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Moehler put the team in a bad situation, I didn't even like him last year. he needs to be demoted to bullpen. a rookie wouldn't do any worse

Prime Time
04-05-2006, 10:24 PM
6-5

We got a shot, im pleasantly suprised by the teams play these first 3 games

Especially yesterday against Andy Pettite...:eek:

Alex44
04-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Even if we lose tonight its ok, we fought back when we could have just rolled over and died as a young team.

1 more inning left to win it

Prime Time
04-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Even if we lose tonight its ok, we fought back when we could have just rolled over and died as a young team.

1 more inning left to win it

Or tie ;)

Alex44
04-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Or tie ;)

That to :lol:

miamikid92
04-05-2006, 10:34 PM
gonna have to beat the best closer in the mlb to do it..

nick1
04-05-2006, 10:37 PM
gonna have to beat the best closer in the mlb to do it..
"you can do it"

Prime Time
04-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Cabs keeps us alive...hit it to left field Willingham..that part of the field is shallow! :eek:

Prime Time
04-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Damn it...!

Mephistopheles
04-05-2006, 10:47 PM
shucks. :(

Alex44
04-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Oh well they really battled, I dont think we will be nearly as bad as some people think this season

PhinSoldia
04-05-2006, 11:10 PM
Oh well they really battled, I dont think we will be nearly as bad as some people think this season

no we wont....the argument was we wont get runs...and we showed that we will....our Bullpen is phenomenal... i wont say 85 wins but at least 75

miamikid92
04-05-2006, 11:17 PM
wierd how i was mad when cabrera hit the single

Prime Time
04-06-2006, 01:23 AM
wierd how i was mad when cabrera hit the single

Yeah we all wanted that Home run...

dob72
04-11-2006, 06:19 AM
poor d train

miamikid92
04-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Hanley ramirez is the bomb :woowoo:

dob72
04-13-2006, 04:50 PM
just get back from the game mike jacobs got a sweet swing

Alex44
04-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Reggie Abercrombie First career home run....

493 feet!!!!!!!

Im gonna go out on a limb and say thats the longest ever first career home run

nick1
04-19-2006, 03:48 PM
they gave the game away :shakeno:

miamikid92
04-19-2006, 03:59 PM
wow..

Alex44
04-19-2006, 05:26 PM
they gave the game away :shakeno:

I missed the end I thought we won :cry: :(

Alex44
04-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Now we are 5-10

But its a good 5-10, because the way we have played we could easily be 10-5 if the young pitchers could hold a lead

Hopefully this 1 run lead can be a confidence booster to show they CAN win these games

miamikid92
04-21-2006, 10:00 PM
that was a good game
good job marlins!

PhinSoldia
04-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Now we are 5-10

But its a good 5-10, because the way we have played we could easily be 10-5 if the young pitchers could hold a lead

Hopefully this 1 run lead can be a confidence booster to show they CAN win these games

agreed....we could have easily be 11-4 or something like that....we wont loose 100 games like everybody say we are...we have a VERY talented roster and once Scotty and Brian and Justin could settle down we would rock the house.....

by the way can anyone explain why we are caroselling our outfielders everygame instead of having Willingham-Abercrombie-Aguilla as full time.

AND herges is not that good i dont feel comfortable when he pitches, i would rather Johnson or German come in(though erratic) and Joey close it out

RWhitney014
04-21-2006, 11:48 PM
agreed....we could have easily be 11-4 or something like that....we wont loose 100 games like everybody say we are...we have a VERY talented roster and once Scotty and Brian and Justin could settle down we would rock the house.....

by the way can anyone explain why we are caroselling our outfielders everygame instead of having Willingham-Abercrombie-Aguilla as full time.

AND herges is not that good i dont feel comfortable when he pitches, i would rather Johnson or German come in(though erratic) and Joey close it out

Who's Justin? I'm guessing you're referring to Jason Vargas. And don't count on Moehler rocking the house. Count on him eating innings hopefully until about June before one of the group of Nolasco, Johnson, Sanchez, and Petit takes his place, most likely Johnson at this point.

Secondly, the reason the OFs are a carousel is 1) other than Ham, none of them has proven they deserve an everyday spot, and 2) come a week from tonight, Hermida will be back, and he will take his spot in right. Girardi is giving everyone a chance to prove themselves, and whomever comes out the strongest of Aguila, Abercrombie, and Reed ends up in center. Cepicky has to hit to keep his job as a PH. When #27 comes back, Reed probably goes down. He can't hit, he gets picked off, and defensive replacements aren't good enough to stay on a performance-based roster.

Herges isn't exactly Dennis Eckersley, but there has to be some vet influence in that pen. Borowski isn't enough. Wellemeyer and German don't have much late-game experience, Johnson and Nolasco are starters, and Mess, Resop, Martinez, and the rest of the crew that will be up and down depending on performance and health don't have experience, period.

It's pretty clear this team has a lot of talent, though.

PhinSoldia
04-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Who's Justin? I'm guessing you're referring to Jason Vargas. And don't count on Moehler rocking the house. Count on him eating innings hopefully until about June before one of the group of Nolasco, Johnson, Sanchez, and Petit takes his place, most likely Johnson at this point.

Secondly, the reason the OFs are a carousel is 1) other than Ham, none of them has proven they deserve an everyday spot, and 2) come a week from tonight, Hermida will be back, and he will take his spot in right. Girardi is giving everyone a chance to prove themselves, and whomever comes out the strongest of Aguila, Abercrombie, and Reed ends up in center. Cepicky has to hit to keep his job as a PH. When #27 comes back, Reed probably goes down. He can't hit, he gets picked off, and defensive replacements aren't good enough to stay on a performance-based roster.

Herges isn't exactly Dennis Eckersley, but there has to be some vet influence in that pen. Borowski isn't enough. Wellemeyer and German don't have much late-game experience, Johnson and Nolasco are starters, and Mess, Resop, Martinez, and the rest of the crew that will be up and down depending on performance and health don't have experience, period.

It's pretty clear this team has a lot of talent, though.

didnt know that Johnson was a starter and why isnt Abercrombie starting center....thats the problem he showed that he is fast enough to handle CF and he has the pop in the bat that you cant ignore...i understand about Hermida in RF..yes he has the job locked BUT Crombs deserves center....no doubt about it...and i thought I heard Martinez has nasty stuff...he could set up..although he doesnt have late game experience he can learn...

RWhitney014
04-22-2006, 10:54 AM
didnt know that Johnson was a starter and why isnt Abercrombie starting center....thats the problem he showed that he is fast enough to handle CF and he has the pop in the bat that you cant ignore...i understand about Hermida in RF..yes he has the job locked BUT Crombs deserves center....no doubt about it...and i thought I heard Martinez has nasty stuff...he could set up..although he doesnt have late game experience he can learn...

Until Tuesday, Abercrombie was hitting .077. Three days of hitting doesn't guarantee him anything. Jeremy Hermida is one of the top 2 or 3 outfield prospects in the sport; Reggie Abercrombie is a 25 year-old playing for the first time above A-ball. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see him become a solid player, but his track record suggests lots of Ks, very low OBP, pretty good pop and speed, but a recklessness that hurts his team. We've seen all of that so far this season.

Martinez is hurt right now with an elbow strain. Hold your breath that he's okay. If he is, he came out of nowhere, but his stuff is nasty.

Alex44
04-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Hanley Ramirez made an amazing play

Prime Time
04-23-2006, 06:26 PM

Hanley Ramirez is an amazing player...what a steal :)

Alex44
04-23-2006, 09:35 PM
Hanley Ramirez is an amazing player...what a steal :)

Watching him play you would never know he's a rookie unless someone told you

Hopefully we dont trade him down the road like all our other players :(

RedHotCulpepper
04-24-2006, 05:58 AM

You mean the one where he was not even close to throwing Chase Utley out but it was called out anyway? Because i was at the game in the Hall of Fame section on the 3rd base side, and without my glasses i could have seen that he was safe.

Roman529
05-01-2006, 10:02 PM
POOR MARLINS.

Philadelphia (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/phi) 8, Florida (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/fla) 5Preview (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=260501128) - Box Score (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=260501128) - Recap
By STEVEN WINE, AP Sports Writer
May 1, 2006

MIAMI (AP) -- Pat Burrell (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6375/) homered for the go-ahead run in the eighth inning to cap a comeback against Dontrelle Willis (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7133/), and the Philadelphia Phillies (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/phi/) beat the bumbling Florida Marlins (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/fla/) 8-5 on Monday night.
The Phillies rallied from a 5-1 deficit in the seventh, scoring the tying run on a gaffe by rookie second baseman Dan Uggla (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7692/). It was a hero-to-goat transition for Uggla, who hit a two-run homer and scored from second base on a groundout.
Willis (1-2) gave up eight earned runs, matching his career high, in 7 1-3 innings. He hit three batters and threw two wild pitches. Last-place Florida has lost a season-high four straight games and seven of eight. One consolation: The latest defeat came before 6,017 fans, the Marlins' smallest home crowd in four years.

miamikid92
05-02-2006, 09:10 PM
POOR MARLINS.

Philadelphia (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/phi) 8, Florida (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/fla) 5Preview (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=260501128) - Box Score (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=260501128) - Recap
By STEVEN WINE, AP Sports Writer
May 1, 2006

MIAMI (AP) -- Pat Burrell (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6375/) homered for the go-ahead run in the eighth inning to cap a comeback against Dontrelle Willis (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7133/), and the Philadelphia Phillies (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/phi/) beat the bumbling Florida Marlins (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/fla/) 8-5 on Monday night.
The Phillies rallied from a 5-1 deficit in the seventh, scoring the tying run on a gaffe by rookie second baseman Dan Uggla (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7692/). It was a hero-to-goat transition for Uggla, who hit a two-run homer and scored from second base on a groundout.
Willis (1-2) gave up eight earned runs, matching his career high, in 7 1-3 innings. He hit three batters and threw two wild pitches. Last-place Florida has lost a season-high four straight games and seven of eight. One consolation: The latest defeat came before 6,017 fans, the Marlins' smallest home crowd in four years.

POOR ROMAN

hasn't seen his phillies win a world series in 26 years:goof:

Alex44
05-04-2006, 06:20 PM
You mean the one where he was not even close to throwing Chase Utley out but it was called out anyway? Because i was at the game in the Hall of Fame section on the 3rd base side, and without my glasses i could have seen that he was safe.

Did he make the call? No, he did what a SS is supposed to do, he was safe by a step but that wasnt the call, and it was a great play regardless

Anyway things arent going great right now, but if the relief pitching would step up we could easily be at 500 right now, I expect them to get back to near 500 at some point this season

miamikid92
05-10-2006, 09:46 PM
woohoo
7-1 marlins!

cabrera is having a great game tonight 3-4 2 rbis 1 homerun

King Felix
05-11-2006, 12:01 AM
.......i have ramirez on one of my fantasy teams........he isnt too good fantasy wise tho

miamikid92
05-11-2006, 06:45 AM
.......i have ramirez on one of my fantasy teams........he isnt too good fantasy wise thohes good for hits and steals
i have him too

miamikid92
05-12-2006, 11:30 AM
i just dropped dontrelle in my four team fantasy league :(

MikeO
05-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Willis is starting to prove last year might have been a 1-hit wonder season. The marlins should move him now before his value drops big-time.

And I don't care how bad your team is, when you can't get out of the 2nd inning. Or 4th inning like his last 2 starts. And has an ERA of 6.22 on the year, something is wrong.

miamikid92
05-14-2006, 10:21 PM
woohooo
we won a 3 game series

blakeypremer
05-15-2006, 12:04 AM
i just dropped dontrelle in my four team fantasy league :(
Yea Im sticking with him, mabey Im stubborn but I think he turn around.
Ramierz is doing great for me thou

ChambersWI
05-15-2006, 06:52 AM
Willis is starting to prove last year might have been a 1-hit wonder season. The marlins should move him now before his value drops big-time.

And I don't care how bad your team is, when you can't get out of the 2nd inning. Or 4th inning like his last 2 starts. And has an ERA of 6.22 on the year, something is wrong.

I would love to see Willis remain a Marlin, but I'm all for trading him, especially if he can get us some big time prospects.

Willis has been horrible this year, and we've got a lot of studs in the system that will be starters, and could be better than Willis (Johnson,Nolasco,Petit,Sanchez,Volstad,even Olsen) I'd rather not go on potential, but they all look like they'll be good.

Plus we all know that Cabrera is the star of the team. He's one of only 3 position players (the others being HanRam and Hermida) I would not trade.

blakeypremer
05-15-2006, 12:31 PM
you cant traade willis now, his stock can't be as high as it deserves with his performence thus far

ChambersWI
05-15-2006, 09:44 PM
let me just say, I hate Matt Herges

Get Up And Go
05-16-2006, 09:29 AM
let me just say, I hate Matt Herges

Then you should join the " I Hate Matt Herges" Fan Club......its free.:fire: he does suck though

ChambersWI
05-26-2006, 09:55 PM
bring some life here.

4 game winning streak, and Josh Johnson out duels Pedro

Get Up And Go
06-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Why does no one post here. Are there marlins fans here or is it that they are all fair wheather fans since so many people post in the yankee and mets forum. Or do people from only people from NY like baseball on this site.

Alex44
06-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Willis is having a slump he will break out

You dont pitch great for a couple years just to bust, he just needs to settle down

Prime Time
06-02-2006, 01:45 PM

1 hit wonder? He basically has a AAA Line up trying to help him get Ws.

MikeO
06-02-2006, 04:17 PM
1 hit wonder? He basically has a AAA Line up trying to help him get Ws.

When your on the mound facing a hitter, whether that ball gets hit or not has nothing to do with the 7 people behind you.

Take away wins and losses cause he needs run support and all of that stuff to get a win. But his WHIP, ERA, and such has nothing to do with the team behind him. When your going 4 innings 12 hits and 6 runs. Or 2.2 innings 10 hits and 7 runs, that has nothing to do with the team, that is all on the pitcher.

1-6 with an ERA of about 5.00, it just isn't good. His last 3 starts have been better so maybe he has turned it around. But he has been poor this year and you can't pin his numbers (take away wins/losses) his hard numbers on anyone but himself.

ChambersWI
06-02-2006, 06:34 PM
for anybody who cares. Our 1st round pick from 2004 (Taylor Tankersly) was called up yesterday, and Todd Wellemeyer was released.

Tank was closing for Jupiter, and had a .93 ERA, and gave up one hit to the last 33 batters he faced, and walked 12 guys this season (6 of them came when he first became the closer in April)

Get Up And Go
06-04-2006, 01:02 AM
The fish have won 8 of their last 10. Keep it going.

miamikid92
06-04-2006, 05:36 PM
woohoo 4-3 fish in the top of the ninth

lets get number 20 boys :woot:

Prime Time
06-04-2006, 06:02 PM
We won! That make 9 of our last 12...:)

Get Up And Go
06-05-2006, 07:31 PM
I love this team even when they weren't winning. I make it a point to try to watch all the games and I see so much potential in the abilites of these players. If this team stays together and stays in south florida this could be something very special.

Alex44
06-05-2006, 07:33 PM
We won! That make 9 of our last 12...:)

:yes:

Hopefully we keep it up

Get Up And Go
06-06-2006, 12:47 AM
The Fish get downed in a 14-2 in the first of a three game set in San Fransico.

Oh well, we have been playing well lately. Can't win em all.

Alex44
06-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Josh Johnson has great potential

Anyone know Hanley Ramirez ratings in any video games? I wanna create him on one of my older MLB games but I have no clue how good I should make him

Get Up And Go
06-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Well HanRam is hitting over .300 but he is a rookie, so maybe in the 70's.

Alex44
06-06-2006, 11:40 PM
thats what I was thinking

Damn we blew the lead, hopefully we can get the runs back in the top half of the inning

Get Up And Go
06-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Yeah, Hopefully.

Get Up And Go
06-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Unfortunately , we never play well in San Fran.

Alex44
06-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Its unfair to the fans that we trade all the players every few years, but its also unfair to the new players that they have to go and play in front of under 10,000 fans every night

Maybe they would play better if there were more people in the stands...must be disheartening to go out and see so many empty seats

Get Up And Go
06-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Its unfair to the fans that we trade all the players every few years, but its also unfair to the new players that they have to go and play in front of under 10,000 fans every night

Maybe they would play better if there were more people in the stands...must be disheartening to go out and see so many empty seats

Thats the problem. More people need to go to the games, no matter what happens to this team player wise. Even in 05 when we had a great team and chance to go to the playoffs we were still towards the bottom in attendence. People not going to the game is one of the main reason if not the main reason why this team is in jeapordy. They are the home town team, Support them.

Alex44
06-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Thats the problem. More people need to go to the games, no matter what happens to this team player wise. Even in 05 when we had a great team and chance to go to the playoffs we were still towards the bottom in attendence. People not going to the game is one of the main reason if not the main reason why this team is in jeapordy. They are the home town team, Support them.

Well in the playoffs we filled seats

Problem is it is damn hot here, and its really not a baseball stadium, we need a new one

(No excuses though, fans need to go to games or else there wont be a team anymore, if your a real fan you will go win or lose)

Get Up And Go
06-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Well in the playoffs we filled seats

Problem is it is damn hot here, and its really not a baseball stadium, we need a new one

(No excuses though, fans need to go to games or else there wont be a team anymore, if your a real fan you will go win or lose)

Correct!! Put up or shut up.

Get Up And Go
06-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Come on Fish, we are down 2-1 in the ninth. Let's Do It!!!!

Get Up And Go
06-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Well in the end the fish stink up the place with a 2-1 loss, while striking out 16 times.:fire: :chair:

Get Up And Go
06-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Fri. June 9th.

Marlins @ Padres 10:05pm est radio only

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/06/445060-1.jpg vs. http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/06/432934-1.jpg
Nolasco Young
4-2, 3.15 5-3, 3.39

LET'S GO FISH

nick1
06-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Fri. June 9th.

Marlins @ Padres 10:05pm est radio only

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/images/gameday/mugshots/mlb/445060.jpg vs. http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/images/gameday/mugshots/mlb/432934.jpg
Nolasco Young
4-2, 3.15 5-3, 3.39

LET'S GO FISH
Nolasco has been playing great for a rookie

phinphan896
06-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Hanley Ramirez is a stud

Get Up And Go
06-09-2006, 12:48 PM
yeah, I think we have some potential superstars on that team.

Get Up And Go
06-12-2006, 10:50 AM
The fish finish out the 9 game road trip by winning 6 of 9.

Alex44
06-13-2006, 07:34 PM
12-6 in our last 18 games

If we didnt beat ourselves so much in the beginning of the season we might be in the race

I hope we can get close to 500 and make some sort of a run...I know thats really wishful thinking but you never know

1-0 lead on the Braves, Josh Johnson pitching

Get Up And Go
06-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Fish beat the braves 4-1.

We are 3 1/2 games back from 4th now. Keep is goin!!!

Mephistopheles
06-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Ouch, right on the mouth.

nick1
06-14-2006, 10:39 PM
won again tonight! see we won't lose 100 games afterall

Get Up And Go
06-15-2006, 12:58 AM
won again tonight! see we won't lose 100 games afterall

Yeah the experts are full of crap most of the time. This is the team I thought we had the whole time.

Alex44
06-15-2006, 01:01 AM
Yeah the experts are full of crap most of the time. This is the team I thought we had the whole time.

Same here :yes:

Maybe if we pull our record back near 500 soon we can make some sort of a run...doubtful but possible, im definitly excited for next year

Prime Time
06-15-2006, 02:58 AM
The ball that hit him in the face today :eek: I was pretty scared for him, especially when the blood started to flow...

Alex44
06-15-2006, 03:08 AM
The ball that hit him in the face today :eek: I was pretty scared for him, especially when the blood started to flow...

he popped right back up to....damn I woulda been on the floor at least 10 seconds....

They said he and his dad used to rope cattle or somethin....he brings a new meaning to tough :eek:

Get Up And Go
06-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Then he hits a two run blast the next night.

nick1
06-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Marlins are doing well, keep it up guys 3rd place is just a couple wins away

ChambersWI
06-16-2006, 05:36 PM
to be overly optimistic, if we can keep this up we've still got a shot at the WC(Not saying we will, but we've had the 2nd best record in baseball since mid May, and we were in a similar position in 03).

If we aren't contending this year, we definatly will next year. Uggla and HanRam have been great all year. Hermida and Jacobs have improved. And our pitching... wow.

How bout Josh Johnson? He's gone up against Pedro,Schmidt(twice), and Smoltz and has held his own. And during interleague play he's scheduled to face Halladay and Johnson.

Alex44
06-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Josh is going to be a star pitcher, Nolasko will be a very solid guy, and Olsen has the potential to be a #1 guy

If Dontrelle can get it going we will be in good shape to POSSIBLY make some sort of run

up 3-1 on the Jays in the bottom of the 8th lookin for our 6th straight win, and 16th out of the last 22

DwayneWade
06-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Guys im so happy for this team.. all heart. bro marlins gotta stay in miami i love this team they got lots of heart and there starting to do real good. Willis just has to start pitching like he used to and giving us a win when he starts

nick1
06-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Marlins looking like a good team lately

dob72
06-17-2006, 12:37 AM
The Marlins have won a season-high six straight and 16 of their last 22 overall.

Cabrera 4 MVP

PhinSoldia
06-17-2006, 05:46 AM
is anybody else upset that every time the mets win 3 games they are all over the news and mlb.com but now the fish have had a great 3 weeks and now has 6 straight they arent saying ANYTHING about us

MikeO
06-17-2006, 08:59 AM
is anybody else upset that every time the mets win 3 games they are all over the news and mlb.com but now the fish have had a great 3 weeks and now has 6 straight they arent saying ANYTHING about us

The Marlins are 10 games under .500 and in LAST place.

The Mets have the best record in the National League and hte 2nd best record in baseball.

You really are upset with the coverage a LAST place team is getting?? :shakeno: :shakeno: :sidelol: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Prime Time
06-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Yeah that is true. We are in last place and aren't really competing for much....

nick1
06-17-2006, 10:56 AM

The Mets have the best record in the National League and hte 2nd best record in baseball.

You really are upset with the coverage a LAST place team is getting?? :shakeno: :shakeno: :sidelol: :shakeno: :shakeno:
that will change soon enough when Atlanta and Washington both lose today and we win than we are tied for 3rd place

Kdawg954
06-17-2006, 11:02 AM
This team is not postseason ready . . however I am ecstatic about the progress tho . . it just seems like the Marlins have the best farm system and development of players in the game. They build, load up . . win . . unload, build and then reload, and that trend seems to be happening again. Plus I feel the manager is gonna be great with time, Catchers make the best managers if you are a player transitioning to manager. They cannot trade Willis or Cabrera, Willis will get out of his funk . . he's gotta lead this team, with a year or two experience and a few veteran bats in the lineup, this team will be playoff ready as early as next year.

Get Up And Go
06-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Marlins take the second game against the Blue Jays 8-2.

Latest Standings:
W-L/ PCT/ GB/L10

NYM 42-25/ .627/ -/ 8-2

PHI 33-35/ .485/ 9.5/ 2-8

WAS 31-39/ .443/ 12.5/ 4-6

ATL 30-37/ .435/ 13/ 1-9

FLA 28-37/ .431/ 13/ 8-2

Only a half game out of third. We are also now 7.5 games back in the Wild Card.

Alex44
06-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Marlins take the second game against the Blue Jays 8-2.

Latest Standings:
W-L/ PCT/ GB/L10

NYM 42-25/ .627/ -/ 8-2

PHI 33-35/ .485/ 9.5/ 2-8

WAS 31-39/ .443/ 12.5/ 4-6

ATL 30-37/ .435/ 13/ 1-9

FLA 28-37/ .431/ 13/ 8-2

Only a half game out of third. We are also now 7.5 games back in the Wild Card.

Won our 7th game in a row :yes:

Im really excited about this team, our divison is kind of weak (aside from the Mets) so if we can crawl back up to 500 soon we have a great shot at making a run

Im pumped for tomorrows game

Alex44
06-17-2006, 10:28 PM
This team is not postseason ready . . however I am ecstatic about the progress tho . . it just seems like the Marlins have the best farm system and development of players in the game. They build, load up . . win . . unload, build and then reload, and that trend seems to be happening again. Plus I feel the manager is gonna be great with time, Catchers make the best managers if you are a player transitioning to manager. They cannot trade Willis or Cabrera, Willis will get out of his funk . . he's gotta lead this team, with a year or two experience and a few veteran bats in the lineup, this team will be playoff ready as early as next year.

I dont really think they are ready to win a World Series or anything....but we have a really solid core of players so if at some point we pulled near the wild card spot I would be suprised

In a playoff series I think we would probally go down, but the sooner you have the experience the better

4 man Rotation in the playoffs

Dontrelle Willis, Josh Johnson, Scott Olsen, Ricky Nolasko

If your in a fantasy league and can get your hands on Johnson or Olsen for a small price it would be a steal

Get Up And Go
06-17-2006, 10:35 PM

Yes we are upset. The fish are one of the most exciting teams in the league right now. The Fish have won 17 of the last 23 games. Thats .739 win percentage. A little respect please.

Alex44
06-17-2006, 10:37 PM

We dont deserve to be all over ESPN or anything with primetime games

BUT

A little respect for a team that won 17 out of its last 23 and has the second best record in baseball since may 23rd would be nice....even if its just the guy on ESPN saying 'What a team they are becoming' or A little segmant on baseball tonight....

PhinSoldia
06-17-2006, 11:05 PM

:shakeno: wow mike i am really disapointed...but i meant MLB.com...and other baseball related sites...the fact of the matter is we have just won 7 straight games...and thats a feet that few top ranked teams do

nick1
06-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Marlins are on a tear right now, what a great turn around

PhinSoldia
06-18-2006, 05:22 AM
We dont deserve to be all over ESPN or anything with primetime games

BUT

A little respect for a team that won 17 out of its last 23 and has the second best record in baseball since may 23rd would be nice....even if its just the guy on ESPN saying 'What a team they are becoming' or A little segmant on baseball tonight....

thats all i am looking for...in 2 years we will be blazing the national media as strong play-off contenders...BUT we are CURRENTLY a pretty damn good YOUNG team...and we have gotten no credit and will continue to recieve no credit

Alex44
06-18-2006, 02:38 PM
thats all i am looking for...in 2 years we will be blazing the national media as strong play-off contenders...BUT we are CURRENTLY a pretty damn good YOUNG team...and we have gotten no credit and will continue to recieve no credit

About to win our 8th straight game if we hold on (Winning 4-1 in the top of the 6th, still plenty of baseball left to play)

Josh Johnson is going to be a complete stud.....2.05 ERA coming into today, under 2.00 ERA as a starter (he started the season in the bullpen)

He has terrible stuff today...but still got out of two bases loaded jams only giving up 1 run, and it came on a error that could have been a double play

PhinSoldia
06-18-2006, 02:47 PM
About to win our 8th straight game if we hold on (Winning 4-1 in the top of the 6th, still plenty of baseball left to play)

Josh Johnson is going to be a complete stud.....2.05 ERA coming into today, under 2.00 ERA as a starter (he started the season in the bullpen)

He has terrible stuff today...but still got out of two bases loaded jams only giving up 1 run, and it came on a error that could have been a double play

he should have kept his pitch count down..but i now i have total faith in tank, logan and randy...once he Girardi dont put Herges in we will win

Alex44
06-18-2006, 04:08 PM
he should have kept his pitch count down..but i now i have total faith in tank, logan and randy...once he Girardi dont put Herges in we will win

Its easier said than done when your not on your game...gotta remember he's only 22 just the fact that he was able to pitch so poorly and fight through it impresses me.

Won the game :yes: that makes 8 straight games, and now 8 below 500, we climbing up slowly, we have Baltimore starting tuesday and they dont really scare me very much (we do have to lose eventually though :lol: )

I wish we started the season halfway decent though :nono:

Just checked. Were 9 below 500 not 8 like I had said, and about 6.5 games out of the wildcard in the loss column, we have played about 4 less games than most teams...which can be good or bad depending if we win or lose them

We are tied with Atlanta for 4th place and .5 games behind Washington for 3rd

MikeO
06-18-2006, 04:58 PM
:shakeno: wow mike i am really disapointed...but i meant MLB.com...and other baseball related sites...the fact of the matter is we have just won 7 straight games...and thats a feet that few top ranked teams do

Hey, great. They are playing well. Fact is you can't expect to get a ton of pub when the standings still say you are in last place and your still double digit games under .500! Want them to throw up headlines saying you have gone from GOD AWFUL to just plain bad???

Get to .500, get out of the basement, get in the playoff hunt........then the positive press will come.

It's like some of the Fin fans upset that ESPN didn't say nice things about us the year we were 4-12! :sidelol: :shakeno: I mean seriously, what did you want them to say? This is the best 4-12 team in NFL history??!?!

RWhitney014
06-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Hey, great. They are playing well. Fact is you can't expect to get a ton of pub when the standings still say you are in last place and your still double digit games under .500! Want them to throw up headlines saying you have gone from GOD AWFUL to just plain bad???

Get to .500, get out of the basement, get in the playoff hunt........then the positive press will come.

It's like some of the Fin fans upset that ESPN didn't say nice things about us the year we were 4-12! :sidelol: :shakeno: I mean seriously, what did you want them to say? This is the best 4-12 team in NFL history??!?!

Well, after winning their 8th straight, they were the fourth headline on espn.com's main page.

This team is very hot and deserves recognition for sure. But recognition from the press alone does not validate how well the team is playing. The wins themselves do that. It's nice to hear good things about your team for sure, but the Marlins were predicted to finish third in the division in 2003 before being predicted to lose to SF, CHC, and NYY. How'd that turn out?

Bottom line is, Mike's right. Most of the country still doesn't care about the Marlins. We're still not "in" the race quite yet. But we sure as hell don't need some guy based in Detroit writing us up to make me proud of my team.

Alex44
06-18-2006, 06:07 PM

.5 games behind Washington for 3rd in the divison, tied with Atlanta for fourth (we can move up if Atlanta loses tonight) 6.5 games out of the wildcard

8 straight wins, 18 of 24, we didnt suck to start the season either, we lost a lot of 1 and 2 run games where we blew the save or lost on an error

We dont want the world on our bandwagon...but how about a positive comment

In the Toronto newspaper the headline was 'Struggling Marlin beat the jays' or something like that

I guess winning 8 straight means your struggling

nick1
06-18-2006, 06:12 PM
another win! we are on a roll

Alex44
06-18-2006, 08:09 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp

Vote for Dan Uggla to be in the all star game

As a rookie he is currently fourth in votes, has a much higher batting average than the leading vote getter, tied in homers, and more RBI's

He deserves to be there....

Fresh
06-18-2006, 08:23 PM
18-6 the last 24; hottest run in the MLB. :hump:

You know what's real impressive? In this 8-game winning streak, Miguel Cabrera has been in a big time slump. Gotta love the way Dan Uggla has been carrying the team at bat; I think he's clearly emerged as possibly the best 2nd baseman in the NL - he's beating Utley in almost every important stat. Nice to see Hanley Ramirez break his slump today as well..

Alex44
06-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Well Cabrera has been hitting for average still, but the home runs and RBI's havnt been there at all.....he needs to produce more for us to keep this up

and

Dontrelle needs to start giving some quality starts....3 or less runs in 6 or more innings from him consistantly would be nice...

Get Up And Go
06-19-2006, 12:53 AM

No one is asking for a ton of pub. We are wanting them to show highlights of the fish every once and a while. The fish are in forth place and a half out of third FYI. Also a 4-12 dolphin team is different then this situation because there wasn't much good things to say. The fish are rolling and deserve respect. For a "columnist" you talk kind of unprofessionally.

MikeO
06-19-2006, 12:58 AM
No one is asking for a ton of pub. We are wanting them to show highlights of the fish every once and a while. The fish are in forth place and a half out of third FYI. Also a 4-12 dolphin team is different then this situation because there wasn't much good things to say. The fish are rolling and deserve respect. For a "columnist" you talk kind of unprofessionally.

This is a message board not my column. I talk like I would be talking to friends at my house or a bar here.

And Im sure the Marlins get highlights, saying they don't is just insane.

MikeO
06-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Bottom line is, Mike's right. Most of the country still doesn't care about the Marlins. We're still not "in" the race quite yet. But we sure as hell don't need some guy based in Detroit writing us up to make me proud of my team.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!

Alex44
06-19-2006, 03:43 AM
What exactly do you have to do to be considerd 'in the race'

6.5 back of the Wildcard on an 8 game win streak with more than a half a season left of baseball to play sure sounds in the hunt to me

Just passed Atlanta for fourth, and can pass Washington in the next couple days (they are .5 ahead of us)

nick1
06-19-2006, 07:57 AM
the country will start to care about the Marlins when they gain second place in the divison and it's just a matter of time until they do. Philly is horrible right now and Florida is red hot

Prime Time
06-19-2006, 09:07 AM

6.5 back of the Wildcard on an 8 game win streak with more than a half a season left of baseball to play sure sounds in the hunt to me

Just passed Atlanta for fourth, and can pass Washington in the next couple days (they are .5 ahead of us)

:yes: The Marlins just can't fade...they have to keep playing the way they are playing...

MikeO
06-19-2006, 10:52 AM

At or above .500 is a start

PhinSoldia
06-19-2006, 12:18 PM
At or above .500 is a start

no winning 8 straight and 18 of 24 is a start..

MikeO
06-19-2006, 12:33 PM
no winning 8 straight and 18 of 24 is a start..

Nope. Not gonna win the wild card being below .500

nick1
06-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Nope. Not gonna win the wild card being below .500
still alot of baseball to play this season, the Marlins are red hot and that is worthy of attention

MikeO
06-19-2006, 01:08 PM
still alot of baseball to play this season, the Marlins are red hot and that is worthy of attention

nobody said they werent!:shakeno:

nick1
06-19-2006, 01:14 PM
go Marlins! catch those losers called the Mets

Alex44
06-19-2006, 02:49 PM
nobody said they werent!:shakeno:

Than what is your point :lol:

We dont want a parade, or the national media riding us saying were gonna win it all....but maybe a highlight that consists of more than 2 plays a game and something nice said about us.....

trate121hb
06-19-2006, 03:00 PM
i agree...they should get more pub......but the truth is not too many ppl care...especially with the heat and the excitement in dolphins camp.....most people dont know they are the best team in baseball since may 22

Get Up And Go
06-19-2006, 06:50 PM
i agree...they should get more pub......but the truth is not too many ppl care...especially with the heat and the excitement in dolphins camp.....most people dont know they are the best team in baseball since may 22

They usually don't care till we are in the playoffs. Fair weather fans:fire: Get to the stadium people.

trate121hb
06-19-2006, 07:50 PM
i worked for them in 2002 and it was ridiculous the amount of ppl in that stadium.....i say that though yet havent gone to a game this year....i watch on tv but its one of the few tix in town that i may turn down for free....and im an ex ball player who loves the game just a painn to go sometimes

Alex44
06-19-2006, 07:52 PM
They usually don't care till we are in the playoffs. Fair weather fans:fire: Get to the stadium people.

I would but cant. My mom works all day, we only have 1 car, and were pretty damn poor

besides when you get there its like 93 damn degrees....still though I would be there every single game if I could be...I love my team

Get Up And Go
06-19-2006, 11:19 PM
I would but cant. My mom works all day, we only have 1 car, and were pretty damn poor

besides when you get there its like 93 damn degrees....still though I would be there every single game if I could be...I love my team

I wish I lived closer. The sun doesn't matter to me, baseball is supposed to be fun in the sun. I have been to a home game though.

Get Up And Go
06-19-2006, 11:20 PM
The fish are now tied for 3rd with the nats.

RWhitney014
06-20-2006, 12:23 AM
The fish are now tied for 3rd with the nats.

Kind of...we're both 8 under .500, but they've played more games, won more games, and thus have a higher winning percentage.

When this division will be interesting is the point that the Mets hit their first slump of the season. They've been great so far, but Lo Duca is a strictly first-half player, and some of the older arms like Glavine, Pedro, Trachsel, and Wagner might tire as well.

I just want to see what actually happens here. For now, the Mets can lose a bunch of games and still be in first. But there's a long way to go, and anything can happen.

Alex44
06-20-2006, 12:27 AM
I wish I lived closer. The sun doesn't matter to me, baseball is supposed to be fun in the sun. I have been to a home game though.

I used to go to a bunch from about 98 to 01 but then it got really inconvienient for me to go.....me and my step dad used to wait around outside to get player autographs (even though we really sucked those years :lol: ) and Preston Wilson actually knew me (kind of) because Id sit in centerfield every game I went to and he threw me a couple balls every game, I even said a few words to him between innings :yes: I was like between the ages of 8-11 but I remember him being a really nice guy....

Alex Gonzalez was an ***hole, I asked him for a ball once and he was like 'say please, I cant give it to you if you dont say please, why should I' and was a jerk about it :nono:

RWhitney014
06-20-2006, 12:35 AM
I used to go to a bunch from about 98 to 01 but then it got really inconvienient for me to go.....me and my step dad used to wait around outside to get player autographs (even though we really sucked those years :lol: ) and Preston Wilson actually knew me (kind of) because Id sit in centerfield every game I went to and he threw me a couple balls every game, I even said a few words to him between innings :yes: I was like between the ages of 8-11 but I remember him being a really nice guy....

Alex Gonzalez was an ***hole, I asked him for a ball once and he was like 'say please, I cant give it to you if you dont say please, why should I' and was a jerk about it :nono:

That's weird, I met him in Arizona last year when my father and I went to see them/the BOB and coincidentally stayed in the team hotel. Sea Bass was very friendly, but the nicest guy on the team easily was Josh Beckett (surprise!). The guy sat and talked with us on a couple occasions and, unprompted, sent an autograph for me up to our room.

Tommy Hutton's the best, though. I've done interviews with him for a few things (including here (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/custom/nextgeneration/broward/sfl-bhs01steroidsfeb01,0,7981955.story)), and he is just a nice guy in general. I randomly asked him for the interview for the linked article out of nowhere, and he sat on the phone and talked with me, telling me stories about all sorts of stuff, for more than an hour. An absolute pleasure. Len Kasper is just as nice...man, I miss the two of them together.

Prime Time
06-20-2006, 01:21 AM
Marlins in 3rd...imagine If we can somehow grab 2nd. Wow. This young team is amazing.

Alex44
06-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Marlins in 3rd...imagine If we can somehow grab 2nd. Wow. This young team is amazing.

Well were one pace to win every game for the rest of the season :lol: Okay I know we have to lose eventually.....

4 games behind Philli for second now

Alex44
06-20-2006, 03:32 PM
ESPNEWS DAN UGGLA ON THE HOTLIST NOW

We got some exposure :D

Alex44
06-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Dan Uggla is now officially my favorite Marlin

VERY nice classy guy, answerd all the questions perfectly, very thankful to even be in the big leagues

He said what an amazing manager Girardi is, and how thankful he is to Joe that he gave him the starting spot, he also said he talks to hanley ramirez every day and they try to get to know eachother better and that Hanley is an amazing player at SS

The Hanley thing was in response to the question 'You and Hanley are both rookies, how important is the bond between a SS and 2nd baseman'

RWhitney014
06-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Dan Uggla is now officially my favorite Marlin

VERY nice classy guy, answerd all the questions perfectly, very thankful to even be in the big leagues

He said what an amazing manager Girardi is, and how thankful he is to Joe that he gave him the starting spot, he also said he talks to hanley ramirez every day and they try to get to know eachother better and that Hanley is an amazing player at SS

The Hanley thing was in response to the question 'You and Hanley are both rookies, how important is the bond between a SS and 2nd baseman'

Ugga Bugga's been my favorite Marlin since Day 1 of spring training. The guy absolutely hustles his butt off and is getting results because of it.

Alex44
06-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Ugga Bugga's been my favorite Marlin since Day 1 of spring training. The guy absolutely hustles his butt off and is getting results because of it.

:yes:

He also said they are aiming for the playoffs, and that people call them a long shot but they think they can do it, and it should be every teams goal all season no matter how good/bad your doing

Prime Time
06-20-2006, 04:11 PM
When you said Hot List..did you mean hot Seat?

Alex44
06-20-2006, 04:16 PM
When you said Hot List..did you mean hot Seat?

nah it was the ESPNEWS hotlist, they have a few athletes on every day and they run though the major sports stories

Alex44
06-20-2006, 07:37 PM
up 1-0 in the top of the third

Baltimores pitcher has already thrown 55+ pitches and he only has 1 out in the third

EDIT- Make that 2-0 :D

Mike Jacobs nailed an RBI double down the line

Alex44
06-20-2006, 08:27 PM
6-0 Marlins :woot:

ShoutOut to Matt Trainer for his first career home run, and Dan Uggla for whacking out #13 on the year, Alfredo hit a two run shot that didnt look like it had the distance :D

This team is for real, two outfield assists (one throw to third one to second) and Dontrelle has captured his old form

Dubfire
06-20-2006, 09:00 PM
:woot:

Get Up And Go
06-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Fish win 6-2. W- Willis S- Jo Bo

9 in a row!!!!:cooldude:

nick1
06-21-2006, 12:32 AM
yeah Heat win the title and Marlins win 9th straight, it's a good night

FinSinceBirth
06-21-2006, 01:02 AM
Fish win 6-2. W- Willis S- Jo Bo

9 in a row!!!!:cooldude:

Hey man, this is the year for florida basketball. Heat and Gators win Nat. Championship and Eastside wins State. Pretty incredible.

Prime Time
06-21-2006, 05:11 AM
Marlins are doing big things. Good to see Willis get the W. He deserves it.

cnc66
06-21-2006, 06:15 AM
so baseball dudes...is there any chance the Marlins can win another Championship this year?

nick1
06-21-2006, 08:58 AM
so baseball dudes...is there any chance the Marlins can win another Championship this year?
not really

greatwade
06-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Man is it good to be a die-hard South Florida sports fan right now. Tell me where else in the country it is THIS GOOD?!?!?!?

trate121hb
06-21-2006, 10:43 AM
You Never Know....buddy Of Mine Bet 5 Buck On 999:1 For The Marlins To Win Ws