PDA

View Full Version : FFIX Beta for Xbox 360 has Launched

mor911
01-25-2006, 11:54 AM
The Mor was no huge fan of the MMORPG Final Fantasy IX. It was slow, and boring to me. But that's what MMORPGs are about right? Wrong. World of Warcraft and Guild Wars proved that MMORPGs do not have to be boring or slow. Still, FFIX has a huge fan base and it doesn't look like it's going anywhere.

This is the first Final Fantasy game to be released on a Microsoft console. Sadly, it's the worste one too. The Mor's quarel with FFIX is that it doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy game. Infact, The Mor kinda feels like if you remove the Final Fantasy specifics (IE - Moogles and Chocobos) you could name this game whatever you want and it'd make sense.

Truth is, I feel like it was named "Final Fantasy" because they knew that this would sell it. Pathetic, but that's the gaming industry we are in. Megaman Battle Networks doesn't have jack s**t to do with Mega Man. But Mega Man is in the title because it would sell the game... God forbid you have to come up with a new creative character capcom.

But this is about FFIX, sorry. The Beta is open to all 360 players, and maybe the Mor will give this another try.

The February issue of Xbox Magazine shipped with an extra disc, besides the usual demo. You can now get your hands on a beta version of Square Enix's MMORPG Final Fantasy XI for your Xbox 360. Previously available only for the PS2 and PC, Microsoft customers can finally (excuse the pun) get their hands on some Final Fantasy. (Even if it is the least Final Fantasy game of the series.) Furthermore, despite a fairly diverse launch line up, this is RPG fans' first taste of their favorite genre on the new 360.

A large part of the reason I stayed away from FFXI on the PS2 was because of the Playstation's online service, or lack thereof. Xbox Live is so much more player friendly I decided that it was worth a try on the 360. Unfortunately, FFXI doesn't really utilize Xbox Live. You just use the internet connection to connect to the Playonline servers. The neat thing though, is since you are still logged into Live you can at least use Live's built in chat features to chat with one of your friends. When you are in a big party you will still need to type out messages to party members your not chatting with but it is better than nothing. And yes, the 360 will support wireless keyboard via one of it's two USB ports.

http://www.gamesfirst.com/index.php?id=1166

AquaInferno
01-25-2006, 12:58 PM
IX = 9.... Don't you mean XI which = 11...? Or XII = 12...? I'm honestly not sue what this is about, if I had to guess which one you meant I'd guess XI

AquaInferno
01-25-2006, 01:02 PM
The Mor was no huge fan of the MMORPG Final Fantasy IX. It was slow, and boring to me. But that's what MMORPGs are about right? Wrong. World of Warcraft and Guild Wars proved that MMORPGs do not have to be boring or slow. Still, FFIX has a huge fan base and it doesn't look like it's going anywhere.

This is the first Final Fantasy game to be released on a Microsoft console. Sadly, it's the worste one too. The Mor's quarel with FFIX is that it doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy game. Infact, The Mor kinda feels like if you remove the Final Fantasy specifics (IE - Moogles and Chocobos) you could name this game whatever you want and it'd make sense.

Truth is, I feel like it was named "Final Fantasy" because they knew that this would sell it. Pathetic, but that's the gaming industry we are in. Megaman Battle Networks doesn't have jack s**t to do with Mega Man. But Mega Man is in the title because it would sell the game... God forbid you have to come up with a new creative character capcom.

But this is about FFIX, sorry. The Beta is open to all 360 players, and maybe the Mor will give this another try.

http://www.gamesfirst.com/index.php?id=1166

You're sorta right about the naming of the game sucking, except since it was made by Square it's gonna be tagged with their best franchise's name FF.. Not a big deal really, but it shouldn't be FFXI it should be FFO for online, or something like that,then they could start an entire series of FFO, FFO2 FFO3 etc.. It shouldn't be considered part of the main series by getting the XI tag.

mor911
01-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Mor = Moron

Oops, Aqua is correct. It's XI not IX. :D

AquaInferno
01-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Mor = Moron

Oops, Aqua is correct. It's XI not IX. :D

Don't sweat it, I like bustin people's balls, you can get me back eventually :D