PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls: Oblivion -- Info on the Collector's Edition

mor911
01-25-2006, 02:20 PM
It's funny that just a day or so ago The Mor created a thread discussing the rising costs of games. The explained that people buying lame collector's editions of games *cough* Halo2 *cough* paved the way for developers to tack an extra $10 on to the price of your games.

When is a collectors edition of a game actually worth it to you? Halo2 and Perfect Dark Zero were a joke. You got a "the making of" DVD and a worthless tin case. Come on!

The details of the collector's edition of Oblivion (The Mor's most anticipated game of 2005 -- Which turned into 2006 since it was delayed) has been released. For an extra $10, the folks at Bethesda are actually giving you some goods. Now remember, Oblivion will retail for $60... So we're talking about a $70 Collector's Edition here. The Mor will probly buy it.

Both Editions
- Game disc -- duh
- Full game Manual (is it me or has games been going the slim route with manuals lately?) -- Oblivion will include a full color 48 page manual.
- Game map -- Extremely useful in previos Elder Scrolls games.

Collector's Edition
- Packaging -- Explained as a cool leather-case-looking fold out package (like the special edition Lord of the Rings case)
- Bonus DVD -- Yes, it's a "making of" DVD with stills and concept stuff.
- Septim -- A physical copy of the coins used in the world of Elder Scrolls. I thought this was an awesome idea.
- Pocket Guide to the Empire -- It's a guide to the world of Oblivion. Looks like it belongs in that world, and is written as if it were a book in that world (IE - It's not in "instruction manual" format.

That's all worth an extra $10 to The Mor, but he's a huge fan. What about you guys?

http://bethsoft.com/newsletter/devdiary_1.24.06.html

Oblivion (regular and collector's editions) will be available for the PC and 360 early next month.

:mor911:

UltraDol-Fan
01-25-2006, 02:55 PM
sounds good to me. I never bought the SE of Halo 2, but his one I may pick up. In all the SE I have bought, including movies, I don't think I've ever watched the "making of" or the "dialogue with the actors" or any of that stuff.

Agent51
01-26-2006, 09:25 PM
The collector's edition of Madden 05 (PS2 only) was well worth the extra $10, just cuz we got to play all the old Maddens. Madden 94 rocks!

mor911
01-26-2006, 09:34 PM
The collector's edition of Madden 05 (PS2 only) was well worth the extra $10, just cuz we got to play all the old Maddens. Madden 94 rocks!
I agree that classic gaming on your current console would be worth an extra $10. A lot of SE's aren't worth an extra $10. 360 SE's REALLY gotta be worth it. An extra $10 brings the price up to $70 :eek:

N-A
01-28-2006, 03:22 PM
That Pocket Guide to the Empire will make great toilet reading. I can't wait for this game.

Marino2Clayton
01-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Im right there with you guys, I can't wait!