PDA

View Full Version : For $1 Million. Would You...

Dolphin_Daz
01-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Imagine. Youre walking along a street at night and then suddenly 5 Patriots (or the team you most hate) fans trap you in a corner.

They ask you if you will support the New England Patriots (or whoever) for $1,000,000. You will have to hate the dolfins with all your heart. Spit on the pictures of them, boo them allways, watch thier games in full when they lose to gloat. In fact be the most hated man towards the Phins - and love the Pats.

Would you? Would you tell them no and walk off or take their money and put on the Tom brady jersey they have waiting for you?

--------------------------------------
Did you take, or are you taking time to think about it? If so, MAN ARE YOU A FAN OF THE DOLPHINS! Life changing money is there for the taking and you are having to THINK! You really are in love with the Dolphins! This if course will never happen yet you still dont know if to leave the Fins for a million bucks. Good on ya!

This is a test i created and ask all my friends etc, wanted to try it on FinHeaven. :)

MikeO
01-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Thank god for the VIP area!

Dolphin_Daz
01-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Lol. Suppose. Just getting a new kinda thread started. ;)

TheAnswer385
01-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Thank god for the VIP area! ha ha :sidelol:

FinFan72
01-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Hmmm..... :hmmm:
you sure can tell when it's offseason :shootself

eric-in-tx
01-26-2006, 12:28 PM
i love my phins but i'd take the money in a heartbeat

HugeFinFan
01-26-2006, 12:31 PM
:ban:

;) :tongue:

SuperDuperFan
01-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Hey I actually like this thread. It got me thinking. Im so broke now that I have to consider it. But I think deep down in my heart the dolphins always have a spot. It would be impossible for me to ever dislike them.

So I have a plan...I would say yes to the patriots and take their money then Id use 50,000 to have them "disappear." Then id spend the rest on dolphins season tickets for the rest of my life, a house on the beach in south florida, and all the dolphins memorabilia imaginable.

Brad528
01-26-2006, 12:45 PM
I would do it but in my heart I would really be routing for the Fins and that is all that matters. I could still be happy inside.

Dolfan81
01-26-2006, 12:46 PM
i would spit in there faces and burn the brady jersey
dolphins all the way baby

Lappy
01-26-2006, 12:47 PM
A million wouldn't be enough money. 100 million and I may have to ask God if it would be ok.

I'd hate to make him upset. He's a huge Dolphin fan! :)

ckparrothead
01-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Dude, this is sad, but all I saw was the title of this thread out in the forums and I read it and immediately said 'Yes' regardless of what the actual task was. Man, I've never felt like such a whore.

SpurzN703
01-26-2006, 12:49 PM
How long would we have to be Pats fans? Forever?

Hell no!

SuperDuperFan
01-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Dude, this is sad, but all I saw was the title of this thread out in the forums and I read it and immediately said 'Yes' regardless of what the actual task was. Man, I've never felt like such a whore.

Haha me too!

PhinBeck
01-26-2006, 12:53 PM

Gonna have to sign up after this.

Bumpus
01-26-2006, 12:56 PM
:lol: Who do we make the check out to... :lol:

trayphin
01-26-2006, 12:57 PM
I was considering it.......untill the putting on a Tom Brady jersey.........that was the deal breaker.

Lappy
01-26-2006, 12:59 PM
I was considering it.......untill the putting on a Tom Brady jersey.........that was the deal breaker.

they make other jersey's besides Dolphins ones???

weird!

poisonphin
01-26-2006, 01:03 PM
No way! I love watching the fins, and no amount of money would ever give me the same enjoyment as watching and rooting for them.

MiamiFan1354
01-26-2006, 01:07 PM
I'd do it in a second.. I love my phins, but there isn't much I wouldn't do for a million in cash

poisonphin
01-26-2006, 01:08 PM
I'd do it in a second.. I love my phins, but there isn't much I wouldn't do for a million in cash:rolleyes: Pretty lame, dont you think

Firemedic18
01-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Sorry guys but I'd have to take the money. I love the Phins but they don't pay me enough for what I do so I'd take a million in a heartbeat. My families future is more important than the Phins. And those of you who said no you wouldn't most likley are saying that because you know this would never happen. :dolphins:

MiamiFan1354
01-26-2006, 01:11 PM
:rolleyes: Pretty lame, dont you think

Why do you consider that lame? Football is entertainment, nothing more. Nothing I do could effect the team in any way, and at 21, one million dollars could set me up to live relatively comfortably for the rest of my life..

Lappy
01-26-2006, 01:14 PM
hy do you consider that lame? Football is entertainment, nothing more. Nothing I do could effect the team in any way, and at 21, one million dollars could set me up to live relatively comfortably for the rest of my life..

At 21 you're young enough not to sell yourself out and earn a million.

as for some people the Family excuse is a valid one because you have to have your kids well being has to be your #1 concern. I see that as a sacrifice.

MiamiFan1354
01-26-2006, 01:17 PM
At 21 you're young enough not to sell yourself out and earn a million.

as for some people the Family excuse is a valid one because you have to have your kids well being has to be your #1 concern. I see that as a sacrifice.

So my wife and thousands of dollars in school loans aren't a good "excuse"

Dont forget.. It's just a game, and the Dolphins aren't paying me to be a fan.. Think of it as taking a new job.. that is giveing you a million dollar bonus and all you have to do is watch football

Lappy
01-26-2006, 01:20 PM
So my wife and thousands of dollars in school loans aren't a good "excuse"

No it's not sorry. We all had to pay bills and loans loving the dolphins as married without children fans. We made it through. You will too.

Just a wife and bills don't count as it's unfair to the rest of us! :)

BlueFin
01-26-2006, 01:25 PM
I'd bust a cap in all 5 of them, take the Mil and go get my club seats for 2006 at Dolphin stadium.

MiamiFan1354
01-26-2006, 01:25 PM
When then paint me lame. If someone would offer me a million to give up the phins, then that makes me a millionaire. I'd take all my dolphins memorabilia, pile it all up, and film me burning it and then putting on a Brady jersey. And this memorabilia includes a '72 team signed helmet and 8 Marino autographs. Even with all that, no hesitation..

Lappy
01-26-2006, 01:26 PM
I'd bust a cap in all 5 of them, take the Mil and go get my club seats for 2006 at Dolphin stadium.

That's the best answer yet hahahahahaha!

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :dolphins:

MiamiMan147
01-26-2006, 01:45 PM
For a cool million I'd commit far more shameful acts than root for another team.

I'm a whore. I'm not proud.

poisonphin
01-26-2006, 01:56 PM
When then paint me lame. If someone would offer me a million to give up the phins, then that makes me a millionaire. I'd take all my dolphins memorabilia, pile it all up, and film me burning it and then putting on a Brady jersey. And this memorabilia includes a '72 team signed helmet and 8 Marino autographs. Even with all that, no hesitation..Then your a sell out. :shakeno:

caneaddict
01-26-2006, 02:00 PM
I'd have to say that if this was a truly real life scenario, at LEAST 98% of you would take the money.

The only ones that wouldn't take the money are probably doing pretty well financially.

Problem with this scenario is you say we would truly have to hate the Dolphins in our hearts. I don't think we have that much control over our hearts. No matter what I would say or do, I could never get my heart to truly not root for the Dolphins deep down. I would want to be angry when they win but I wouldn't be able to control the inherent joy.

DolfanTom
01-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Funny thread!

I'd take the cash in a heartbeat. I'm always going to root for my Dolphins on the inside, so the way I figure it, I'm pilfering $200K each from five stupid Patriot fans.

I think I'm going to take a trip to Boston next week and see if this happens :sidelol:

DolfanTom
01-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Then your a sell out. :shakeno:
That's a million bucks bro!

It's not like they're asking you to leave your wife, sell your daughter, etc. They're asking you to artificially root for the Patriots in exchange for independent wealth.

This is a funny thread, but I can't believe I'm making arguments about something that will never happen.

Majpain
01-26-2006, 02:06 PM
1 million is alot of money.Why would you trust a pat player anyways?

finman006
01-26-2006, 02:09 PM
this is so damn dummbbbb

MDFINFAN
01-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Hey I actually like this thread. It got me thinking. Im so broke now that I have to consider it. But I think deep down in my heart the dolphins always have a spot. It would be impossible for me to ever dislike them.

So I have a plan...I would say yes to the patriots and take their money then Id use 50,000 to have them "disappear." Then id spend the rest on dolphins season tickets for the rest of my life, a house on the beach in south florida, and all the dolphins memorabilia imaginable.

Wrong, you'd be broke 2 days later, the house on the beach will stop you from buying dolphin tickets the rest of your life..1mil today after buying a house will leave you pennies..sad isn't it?

gunn34
01-26-2006, 02:41 PM
Hey, I'm happy know and I don't have a million dollars. Money can't buy you everything. I'd say no to 1 million. Like someone said earlier, you can't dictate or control what your heart does.

retired opfinistic
01-26-2006, 03:25 PM
For a million bucks I'd **** a chicken on the 50 yard line during the Super Bowl Halftime show. But spit on the Phins...?:confused:

BigDogsHunt
01-26-2006, 03:27 PM

You say that, but solid threads like this get you to contribute! :sidelol:

FinFan72
01-26-2006, 03:30 PM

For a million bucks I'd **** a chicken on the 50 yard line during the Super Bowl Halftime show. But spit on the Phins...?

:sidelol:

ajajaj
01-26-2006, 03:33 PM

:yeahthat:

sad as it is.

I've got child support, 3 kids at home, a high maintanance wife and a new business just starting out.

I love the fins, but everything has a price, even loyalty. Just ask any NFL player.:)

SuperDuperFan
01-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Wrong, you'd be broke 2 days later, the house on the beach will stop you from buying dolphin tickets the rest of your life..1mil today after buying a house will leave you pennies..sad isn't it?

Good point man. I guess Id have to settle for a cheap apartment near the ghetto and season tickets for the rest of my life :)

Roman529
01-26-2006, 04:04 PM
This has to be the thread of the year. :D

Of course I would take the million....I could act like I really hate the Phins and but deep down inside I will always be a Phin and I have $1 million from a couple of Patsies.

Adam First
01-26-2006, 04:07 PM
No. I have too much of a loyalty to the Dolphins.

Shamboubou
01-26-2006, 04:21 PM
This thread seperates the true fan from the nut jobs. Anybody that wouldn't take a million dollars to not be a dolphins fan is out of their mind.

HelloMotto
01-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Imagine. Youre walking along a street at night and then suddenly 5 Patriots (or the team you most hate) fans trap you in a corner.

They ask you if you will support the New England Patriots (or whoever) for $1,000,000. You will have to hate the dolfins with all your heart. Spit on the pictures of them, boo them allways, watch thier games in full when they lose to gloat. In fact be the most hated man towards the Phins - and love the Pats.

Would you? Would you tell them no and walk off or take their money and put on the Tom brady jersey they have waiting for you?

Did you take, or are you taking time to think about it? If so, MAN ARE YOU A FAN OF THE DOLPHINS! Life changing money is there for the taking and you are having to THINK! You really are in love with the Dolphins! This if course will never happen yet you still dont know if to leave the Fins for a million bucks. Good on ya!

This is a test i created and ask all my friends etc, wanted to try it on FinHeaven. :)

i would have to ***** slap them, take there money and tell them to **** off

fish fan 4 life
01-26-2006, 04:27 PM
No.Im a Dolphin 4 ever.If the Dolphins went under and they didnt have a team I wouldnt watch football anymore.I could never root for another team.

popularwar
01-26-2006, 04:27 PM
I couldn't, really. It would just make me a very rich closet fins fan.

dolfan72734me
01-26-2006, 04:35 PM
:sidelol: Dude, that was going to be my exact reply.

madmike
01-26-2006, 05:12 PM

This is a test i created and ask all my friends etc, wanted to try it on FinHeaven. :)How old r u 17 or 10

phinMikeDC
01-26-2006, 05:24 PM
I'd take the money just like the other whores here...good post though - definitely different.

Jaj
01-26-2006, 05:56 PM
That's the best answer yet hahahahahaha!

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :dolphins:

Oh ya that's the best by far :sidelol:

Dolphin_Daz
01-26-2006, 06:12 PM
madmike (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?u=4171) vbmenu_register("postmenu_1990677", true); - How old r u 17 or 10

Bit harsh bro :)

But in answer to your question...im 17! ;)

rainmaker1313
01-26-2006, 06:13 PM
How do you tell your heart that had lived, slept and breathed the Miami Dolphins to stop loving them? If you can do that, You were never a Dolphins fan to start with.

Jimi
01-26-2006, 06:17 PM
I cant really stop likeing the Dolphins. It just doesnt work like that,

ibemacin
01-26-2006, 06:21 PM

For a billion? Maybe. Million? Hell no!

Coral Reefer
01-26-2006, 06:22 PM

What on earth do you mean?
This is a tough decision man, cause it happens all the time! :lol:

inFINSible
01-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Yes.

Now, what was the question?

inFINSible
01-26-2006, 06:30 PM
How old r u 17 or 10
Hey ease up please. It's all for fun. :)

PhinSoldia
01-26-2006, 06:35 PM

:sidelol: wow

Ark139954
01-26-2006, 06:39 PM
i wouldnt do it because i dont need the money now

Ark139954
01-26-2006, 06:43 PM
This thread seperates the true fan from the nut jobs. Anybody that wouldn't take a million dollars to not be a dolphins fan is out of their mind.no it separtes the smart people from the lunatics...although i wouldnt take the money

eddie4fins
01-26-2006, 07:08 PM

Yet you still read the thread LOL

lvstud84
01-26-2006, 07:09 PM
I would have to say no. not only do i love the dolphins but i hate the patriots with a passion!!!!

indifin
01-26-2006, 07:15 PM
What grade are you in?

kitt23
01-26-2006, 07:28 PM
i would definitely do it now, im broke, i could use that money. i just wont watch football so i wont have to like the pats

pilotfish
01-26-2006, 07:30 PM
I'd act just like a player and say...SHOW ME THE MONEY!

caneaddict
01-26-2006, 07:35 PM
I'd act just like a player and say...SHOW ME THE MONEY!

That's actually a real good point. I'm sure alot of the players in the NFL are some of the most avid fans growing up. Yet, they have to switch teams.

So for all those saying no; my question would be, if you had the physical skills and got drafted by the Patriots, what would you do. I've never heard of anyone refusing to play somewhere because it's a rival to their original hometown team. Obviously, everyone who plays rots for their own team 1st.

RoKnRuiN
01-26-2006, 07:43 PM
I could do this.

Almost.

How could I?

Thirty years of heartbreak. Thirty years of Dallas Cowboy fans sticking it in my face. Thirty years of "Yeah, but we had the perfect season." Twenty years of "Yeah, but we have/had the greatest quarterback ever." I am like Barry Bonds. I am tired. So tired. You wanted me to jump and now I have. I am so very tired.

And now someone wants to pay me a million dollars to be a fan of one of classiest and most respected teams currently in pro football.

I could do this.

Almost.

But it would be totally impossible for me to hate the Dolphins.

dolfanrodney
01-26-2006, 07:46 PM
stupid post

Dolfan2788
01-26-2006, 07:47 PM
I think with my financial situation as it is I would definitely take the money atm.
I just couldn't pass it up, 1 mil is a lot of money and could set you up for life.

Califin
01-26-2006, 07:58 PM
A quick check of the latest news before I leave the office, and I spot this post.

FIVE FREAKIN PAGES?

Come on people, lets see if we can lower unemployment.

Mr Yu
01-26-2006, 09:47 PM

- Say, um , how much is it to sign up again?

Mr Yu
01-26-2006, 09:48 PM
A quick check of the latest news before I leave the office, and I spot this post.

FIVE FREAKIN PAGES?

Come on people, lets see if we can lower unemployment.:sidelol:

HysterikiLL
01-26-2006, 09:56 PM
I really think a lot of people would change their minds if this situation really occured. 1 million dollars would change a lot of lives, and I think almost all of us would put our lives ahead of football. Having said that, I'd take the money, invest it, turn it into 450 million, buy the Pats and sell all their franchise players to the CFL, then I'd give back the original one million and become a Phin fan again :D

Phinja
01-26-2006, 09:59 PM

Wouldn't it be great to take the Pats money and then use it to pay someone to criple Brady, shoot Seymore, kneecap Dillon, stab Harrison, and maim BB? That would be super!

(note: I dont actualy wish this on anyone.... but its a nice thought ;) )

spazzolian
01-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Interesting... I thought back to the Divisional weekend when the Pats went to Mile High and got beat by the Broncos. Before the game started I gritted my teeth and said, "Well, I'm going to root for the Pats, It'd be nice to see a team get 3 in row, I'd like to see them do it'... but as the game went on, I caught my self rooting the Broncos, not because I like Denver, but because I really do despise the Pats. So, I believe that I'd be incapable of giving my heart to the Pats, It wouldn't happen. I'd take the money and say that I hated the Dolphins, but I can't control my heart.

Static387
01-26-2006, 10:43 PM
I'd take the money & cheat.

Prime
01-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Hell no I won't do it. Phins in the end baby. Money can't get between that.

mor911
01-26-2006, 10:49 PM
For a million dollars, I'll fake it damn good.

And for the record, the teams I hate the most are (in this order):

1. Jets

2. Bills

3. Patriots