PDA

View Full Version : Senior bowl

AquaAssasin
01-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Did any of you guys watch the senior practices. I got one thing to say. Jay Cutler! Boy does he have a arm. This cat is better than Rivers if you were to compare their senior practices and drills.

He throws it like a baseball (over the top). Very good speed. I hope saban gets a shot at him (whivh I doubt).

It would be nice though...

Lappy
01-26-2006, 01:28 PM
I did watch a little yesturday he does look great. I didn't realize how big he was.

I truely think Saban has to do something to get one of the big 3 QB's.

What? I have no idea because I'm selfish and don't want to get rid of anyone!

BALLS DEEP
01-26-2006, 01:30 PM
I'd love to get Cutler. I was watching NFL Network's coverage yesterday. Croyle's looking good too. We should definitely have a shot at him worst case.

BlueFin
01-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Did any of you guys watch the senior practices. I got one thing to say. Jay Cutler! Boy does he have a arm. This cat is better than Rivers if you were to compare their senior practices and drills.

He throws it like a baseball (over the top). Very good speed. I hope saban gets a shot at him (whivh I doubt).

There is no question, from a physical talent standpoint he is far beyond Phillip Rivers, that also goes for Matt Leinart.

Lappy
01-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Croyle's I wasn't overly impressed with. He had some trouble with his touch passes.

finfan54
01-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Time to start thinking about Croyle at 16 ladies, or if trading down and picking up another pick might be feasable, but keep teams in mind here. Someone like Shanahan might be all over Croyle at one of there #1's to start to get Plummer the bummer out the door next year.

The commodity for QB's right now is through the roof and if you start to see guys moving up in stock, that is one reason why. The other is that they actually have good physical and mental skills. This draft is going to be one of the best in a while IMO with all the talent at LT. Another commodity.

Motion
01-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Yeah we need Cutler.

AquaAssasin
01-26-2006, 01:36 PM
yeah no kidding. I was wactching him throw and I all had in my mind was wow. Very strong arm and has very good velocity. I remember Marino commenting on the importance of velocity over distance of throw.

Another thing of importance, I was listening to Dan patrick and he interviewed Chris Simms. He asked Simms if he was the GM, who would he pick at NUmber #1 outside of bush. He basically str8 out said Jay Cutler.

I kind of found that very interesting.

finfan54
01-26-2006, 01:36 PM
There is no question, from a physical talent standpoint he is far beyond Phillip Rivers, that also goes for Matt Leinart.

Far beyond? Those are pretty strong words for someone we are seeing for the first time in a different setting. I do agree however in the hype of JC.

AquaAssasin
01-26-2006, 01:38 PM
Time to start thinking about Croyle at 16 ladies, or if trading down and picking up another pick might be feasable, but keep teams in mind here. Someone like Shanahan might be all over Croyle at one of there #1's to start to get Plummer the bummer out the door next year.

The commodity for QB's right now is through the roof and if you start to see guys moving up in stock, that is one reason why. The other is that they actually have good physical and mental skills. This draft is going to be one of the best in a while IMO with all the talent at LT. Another commodity.

What was that guys name at the senior bowl who was the LT tackle. They were showing highlights of him and his one on one drills. That boy was manhandling all the top college rushers. I think they said because of his performance he might make the top 5/10 (not sure which one).

finfan54
01-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Croyle's I wasn't overly impressed with. He had some trouble with his touch passes.

They all have some trouble somewhere. If Vince young were on display right now, he would have bad throws ect. but its not a game situation, and that is what Vince Young is all about. He wins championships.

Dolfan4life!
01-26-2006, 01:39 PM

That would be the reach of the century. Saban wont reach.

finfan54
01-26-2006, 01:40 PM
What was that guys name at the senior bowl who was the LT tackle. They were showing highlights of him and his one on one drills. That boy was manhandling all the top college rushers. I think they said because of his performance he might make the top 5/10 (not sure which one).

Da'Brick in the house! Ferguson that is.......He is defenitely the best LT out there. A good LT will be available for us in the 2nd round I believe or even later rounds if Houck has his eyes on some sleeper somewhere.

AquaAssasin
01-26-2006, 01:41 PM
People need to watch him throw, I havent seen alot of qb's throw like him in awhile. I really think he is the real deal. This is going to suck big time! Everytime he moves up his stock we lose a chance at getting him and well all know Saban wont mortagage the draft just to get this Cat!

AquaAssasin
01-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Da'Brick in the house! Ferguson that is.......He is defenitely the best LT out there. A good LT will be available for us in the 2nd round I believe or even later rounds if Houck has his eyes on some sleeper somewhere.

That guy was basically making all those top college rushers his b-tch. Im not kidding guys. This guy could jump right in and immediately contribute.

Lappy
01-26-2006, 01:43 PM
They all have some trouble somewhere. If Vince young were on display right now, he would have bad throws ect. but its not a game situation, and that is what Vince Young is all about. He wins championships.

You're probably right!

Could you imagine the pressure too with all those HC's out there watching you're every move.

AquaAssasin
01-26-2006, 01:44 PM

I think he will be available to us if hes there in the first round. I think hes first round material. YOu cant pass up franchise LT/Tackles.

Then again, Im just a fickled fan that loves every player that is good...
LOL

finfan54
01-26-2006, 01:46 PM
That would be the reach of the century. Saban wont reach.

Jay Cutler used to be a reach. Now he is considered to be top 5 practically. Just wait. Like I said, if Croyle shows good stuff in the game this Saturday, then things change again. Its really not rocket science. QB's are a premium and the thing about Croyle may be his ability to read defenses and letting the game come to him. The intangbiles in other words. They say his only knock is his weight and injury past, but we all know Saban will not let that deter him (channing crowder) A reach is relevant to change. the market decides the change. Thats why peoples stock rises and falls. And you know damn well you arent going to hear boo out of saban other than the obvious.

AquaAssasin
01-26-2006, 01:47 PM
You're probably right!

Could you imagine the pressure too with all those HC's out there watching you're every move.

With his legs, not his arm. I like Young, but we need a QB first, Scrambler second. The main thing with young is that they are going to re-teach him on his mechanics about throwing. No coach wants a QB that can throw that way. As for Cutler thats his strengths. Arm strength and Mechanics..

Throwing QB's last alot younger than Scamblers. Ask steve young for his insight.
I would still take young if cutler wasnt available.

Motion
01-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Time to start thinking about Croyle at 16 ladies.

:lol: Come on now.

AquaAssasin
01-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Hey speedrush,

Did you see the speed of his throws at the drills? WOW!

AquaAssasin
01-26-2006, 01:58 PM
people forget, their is one thing that cant be taught and that is speed. You can teach qbs how to read defenses, 3 to 5 step drops, etc. You cant teach armstrength and speed, either you have it or dont!

Lappy
01-26-2006, 01:59 PM
With his legs, not his arm. I like Young, but we need a QB first, Scrambler second. The main thing with young is that they are going to re-teach him on his mechanics about throwing. No coach wants a QB that can throw that way. As for Cutler thats his strengths. Arm strength and Mechanics..

Throwing QB's last alot younger than Scamblers. Ask steve young for his insight.

Vince Young looked like a man-child last year! and like I said I never watched Cutler really at all but I have been looking at his stats and some high lights of him and am starting to see the light there also.

I'd like us to do something with one of those guys, I'm just trying to figure out how.

AquaAssasin
01-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Vince Young looked like a man-child last year! and like I said I never watched Cutler really at all but I have been looking at his stats and some high lights of him and am starting to see the light there also.

I'd like us to do something with one of those guys, I'm just trying to figure out how.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the draft. I know cutler will be picked in the top five. Its going to suck for us...

wyo
01-26-2006, 02:23 PM
people forget, their is one thing that cant be taught and that is speed. You can teach qbs how to read defenses, 3 to 5 step drops, etc. You cant teach armstrength and speed, either you have it or dont!

Ryan Leaf had it. It just goes to show that a QB mental make up is the most important aspect of the position.

AquaAssasin
01-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Ryan Leaf had it. It just goes to show that a QB mental make up is the most important aspect of the position.

actually thats debatable. I disagree..

gunn34
01-26-2006, 02:35 PM
I think he will be available to us if hes there in the first round. I think hes first round material. YOu cant pass up franchise LT/Tackles.

Then again, Im just a fickled fan that loves every player that is good...
LOL

Brick will be gone in the top 5. we don't have a chance.

AquaAssasin

you also forget to mention that ryan leaf was a headcase. so your point isnt valid.

AquaAssasin
Brick will be gone in the top 5. we don't have a chance.

It would be nice to have him..hes good..

LarryFinFan
01-26-2006, 04:05 PM

As much as Rivers impressed last year, it was the intangibles that impressed teams, not his arm strength...But Cutler is pulling a Rivers here and has moved into the top 10 picks and may climb into the top 5 before it's over...

jason8er
01-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Actually, I think there is a very good chance we land Cutler. The only team i worry about landing him is the Raiders. If they pass, I think we have a shot. Detroit's new coach should bring in a fresh new perspective and go with the best available defensive player this year (another offensive pick and the town may riot). Arizona already has a good passing attack but may have a worse OL than Houston (poor JJ) so I'm hoping they go OL. Not sure who else would be after Cutler other than us.

Jaj
01-26-2006, 05:15 PM
It all depends frankly. The Raiders haven't decided yet what they're doing with Collins and Andrew Walter. Arizona is probably holding onto Warner although if they trade for Culpepper that can quickly change.

CpuFan
01-26-2006, 10:30 PM
To me the most impressive player I have seen at these practises has been Nick Mangold an OL who is 6-4 and 296 lbs from Ohio State...

Everytime I have seen him block he has pancaked the DLineman in front of him!!!

Cannonboy
01-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Well, maybe we can start an ugly rumor about Cutler, saying he had a drug problem or something. That way he can drop to the fins at #16. Seemed to work good for the Fins in 1983 if I can remember. Where's Don Shula when we need him.

finfan54
01-26-2006, 10:59 PM

I would still take young if cutler wasnt available.

I think this is going to be a huge misnomer about Vince Young. I think Young is a pocket passer first, then he takes off, but people have to remember that TExas system was built around him.

They ran out of the shotgun, so when people say he is not a pocket passer i think that is wrong. I think he is in the pocket from the very start. If the play is designed to run that is one thing. But I watched Young the last two TExas games (blowout against Colorado), and I saw a guy who is always looking for the reciever until the defense is bearing down and then he just takes off right at the right time. He loved hitting his TE which makes OC's everywhere happy. He threw darts alot of the time that I saw. He gets rid of the ball quick. He is a cool customer who wants the whole weight of the world put on his shoulders. That is rare. You dont find that quality in many players ever. Marino and Montana were like that but surely Dan couldnt run like Young. 6-5 230 lbs and moves that kill.

Im sorry, I just had another Vince moment.......god if he dropped, wow!

finfan54
01-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Well, maybe we can start an ugly rumor about Cutler, saying he had a drug problem or something. That way he can drop to the fins at #16. Seemed to work good for the Fins in 1983 if I can remember. Where's Don Shula when we need him.

there ya go man! :D