PDA

View Full Version : You learn something new everyday (Mularkey related)

Silverphin
01-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Before I start, let me lay the background.

I'm a senior at Northeast High School, which is located in Oakland Park, Florida. The school is divided into two sections, North and South. Each has a main part called a "mall."

Now, to the point of this thread. I was walking around in North Mall after using the bathroom. I walked by, taking a look at the trophies, past alumnis and graduates, and what not.

Now, I was looking at the alumnis before I saw a frame with a Bills logo. Of course, being a 'Phins fan, I was wondering "WTF". I then took a closer look, walking up to it. I just froze. It turns out Mike Mularkey was a Northeast Hurricane, class 1979. I couldn't help but think.... wow. Now if only they could show him in 'Phins colors.;)

feelthepain
01-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Maybe MM went to the Bills to privately destroy them (because lets face it no one with a brain likes them) then heads back home to the fins to finish the job!! :D

SkapePhin
01-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Haha, thats cool... John Carney the Saints Kicker went to my high school. :)

popularwar
01-26-2006, 07:31 PM
You're a senior at Northeast? Two of my best friends are seniors there.

Silverphin
01-26-2006, 07:34 PM
You're a senior at Northeast? Two of my best friends are seniors there.

Sweet.

Nick13
01-26-2006, 07:36 PM
thats cool, Richie Incognito (back up guard for the Rams, 3rd round pick last year) went to my high school and lived on my street. i know its not nearly as cool, but its all i got.

Silverphin
01-26-2006, 07:39 PM
thats cool, Richie Incognito (back up guard for the Rams, 3rd round pick last year) went to my high school and lived on my street. i know its not nearly as cool, but its all i got.

Wait until he becomes starter.:)

Sauceman
01-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Wow, I graduated from Northeast High School in 2003. I now go to Florida State. :)

My sister graduated a year early this past year, but maybe you know her somewhat. Rachel Schindler?

popularwar
01-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Actually, I just remembered something....
Dan Morgan went to my high school, we retired his jersey last year at an exhibition game. He also went to UM which is were I hope to go next year.
Todd Weiner, right tackle for the Falcons also went to my school.

Silverphin
01-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Wow, I graduated from Northeast High School in 2003. I now go to Florida State. :)

My sister graduated a year early this past year, but maybe you know her somewhat. Rachel Schindler?

Nah, doesn't ring a bell. Sorry.

Perfect23
01-26-2006, 08:10 PM
A.J Hawk Mike Nugent and Kirk Herbstriet.

Perfect23
01-26-2006, 08:11 PM
A.J Hawk Mike Nugent and Kirk Herbstriet graduated from my high school.

17-0
01-26-2006, 08:21 PM
I went to Northeast my Freshman-Junior year. 95-98

I grew up in house right off 6th Av & Commercial BLVD

chucknduckking
01-26-2006, 09:21 PM
only notables from my high school that i know of were

Daryl Bush: LB Florida State, undrafted free agent to the Rams in 2001
Jason Varitek: World Series Red Soxs

wonderl33t
01-26-2006, 09:29 PM
David Carr went to a rival of my HS...

rickd13
01-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Kenneth Bianchi, the Hillside Strangler, graduated from my high school.

bwallen
01-26-2006, 11:39 PM
i went to school with barry sanders

VanDolPhan
01-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Nick Kaczur LT of the Patriots was in my high school. He was in grade 9/10 while I was in 11/12 at BCI&VS in Brantford Ontario.

Phinadict
01-27-2006, 12:08 AM
i went to school with barry sanders

Was it a basket weaveing class at the local mall?!? I think Barry has to be about 7 years older than you....

MNFINFAN
01-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Was it a basket weaveing class at the local mall?!? I think Barry has to be about 7 years older than you....
If he is 33 Barry is 4 years older than him, so good chance they were in the same school at the same time, just not in the same class.

bakedmatt
01-27-2006, 12:18 AM
Haha, thats cool... John Carney the Saints Kicker went to my high school. :)

you went to Newman?

... so did i. wtf is your name?

bwallen
01-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Was it a basket weaveing class at the local mall?!? I think Barry has to be about 7 years older than you.... no i was move up 4 years in school i was a freshman when he was a senior at north high school in Wichita ks

paskerbrandon
01-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Lol were all learning someting new.. like 6 ppl just learned they went ot the smae school... this is weird

Fudge 101
01-27-2006, 12:28 AM

I'm a senior at Northeast High School, which is located in Oakland Park, Florida. The school is divided into two sections, North and South. Each has a main part called a "mall."

Now, to the point of this thread. I was walking around in North Mall after using the bathroom. I walked by, taking a look at the trophies, past alumnis and graduates, and what not.

Now, I was looking at the alumnis before I saw a frame with a Bills logo. Of course, being a 'Phins fan, I was wondering "WTF". I then took a closer look, walking up to it. I just froze. It turns out Mike Mularkey was a Northeast Hurricane, class 1979. I couldn't help but think.... wow. Now if only they could show him in 'Phins colors.;)

I think we play you guys in hockey soon...your hockey team any good? I remember seeing something about us playing you in the upcoming week or so...hopefully you can tell me some strengths or weaknesses :evil:\

Edit: we play you guys this upcoming sunday i think...

dfin54
01-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Went to school Piper High in Sunrise with Brian and Bennie Blades. Sonya Blades is a track star I believe. They were all in my PE class.

Jimmy James
01-27-2006, 01:30 AM
The only pro player I am aware of who came from my school is Mets closer Billy Wagner.

My brother did compete against (and routinely beat) Randy McMichael in the high jump. Note that he went to high school in Georgia while I went to high school in Virginia. :)

miabrown23
01-27-2006, 01:34 AM
the only pro player i know that i went to school with was jason spezza of the senators.

SECfootball
01-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Arkansas Razorbacks benchwarmer Preston Cranford went to my school.

:(

dolfan72734me
01-27-2006, 01:56 AM
I played against and tackled Irving Spikes. He played for a cross town rival.

laxcoach
01-27-2006, 02:23 AM
When I was a kid, in 1979, I lived in the apartments on the other side of the football field. I believe Green Tree was the name. Back in the day there was a huge water slide on the corner of commercial and dixie hwy. Oh the summers....

stoody24
01-27-2006, 02:40 AM
A.J Hawk Mike Nugent and Kirk Herbstriet graduated from my high school.
you forgot nick mangold
i went to greenville
you are in our division

anyway let me say this first!!!
I HATE THE PATS
but matt light is my cousin so thats pretty cool = a lil family grudge match

Oraclepz
01-27-2006, 02:49 AM
damn... i graduated from dewitt clinton hs in the bronx... and only nfl player we got from our hs in the nfl is SAM GARNES...

phin-fan34MDH
01-27-2006, 03:43 AM
Jason Dunn of the back-up TE for the Chiefs is a friend of mine. He graduated from the same school I did. Harrodsburg High School in Ky.

Other notables from my high school. Craig Yeast WR/KR and Dennis Johnson DE

Craig played at UK and got Drafted by Cincy. Dennis also played at UK and was the National High School Football Player of the year in 1998. He was drafted by the Cardinals then traded to the 49ers.

WelcomeBack
01-27-2006, 03:57 AM
The only notable player to come out of my HS was old Lakers legend Gail Goodrich.

TheFallOfTroy54
01-27-2006, 03:58 AM
i went to school with many kids who were drafted into the majors (baseball obviously) one kid who will be a beast was a friend of mine, standford pitcher mark romanzcek, hes now with the diamondbacks, kevin mench(rangers outfeilder) is good friends with my cousin and went to my school....we were good in baseball, terrible in football.....delaware doesnt get much recognition, although kwame and orien harris played bout 5 minutes down the road from my school...reppin delaware! what what!

maccachief
01-27-2006, 04:01 AM
J.J. Arrington was in my homeroom class, and graduated about 4 spots behind me

Julius Peppers went to a rival school across town

and for what it's worth, dexter coakley, LB for the rams when they won their superbowl a few years ago, went and graduated from the college i'm going to now (appalachian state)

Haournyie
01-27-2006, 04:07 AM
Jonathan Vilma (too bad he ended up in a team like that, I feel sorry for him) and Frank Gore went to my school (Gables High)

biggtyme13
01-27-2006, 07:13 AM
I went to school with Anthony Weaver DT/DE for the ravens. my best friend also pitched with Tim Stauffer pitcher for the Padres. I went to Saratoga Springs High School in NY. Stauffer went to Spa Catholic wich is in Saratoga.

lazlo73
01-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Dave Szott, Clifton High NJ

mor911
01-27-2006, 10:41 AM

The Mor lives walking distance from Northeast highschool (other side of the train tracks on 15th ave) :D

PassRush
01-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Tom Brady is my cousin. I can provide proof when I get off work. He was at my brothers wedding.

mor911
01-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Tom Brady is my cousin. I can provide proof when I get off work. He was at my brothers wedding.
You just opened yourself up to boat load of family jokes.

Buddwalk
01-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Im related to no football players :mad:

But playing basketball last year i played against a player that plays d1 ball right now
Tremayne Hawthorne Drexel #0 PG

I played hawthorne one on one and lost 11-4 :mad:

ChrisKo
01-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Went to elementary, middle, and high school with Sammy Morris. He lived down the street from me and we used to play basketball everyday. Always a great guy!

Bo Outlaw (NBA), Clarissa Davis (Women's Olympic Basketball), Demetria Sance (Women's Olympic Volleyball) all graduated from my high school.

Priest Holmes and the Detmer brothers came from the same district. And my Dad was about 4 inches from running into Shaq's knees when he was driving me to a soccer game on Fort Sam Houston. Just think of it, 4 inches more and Shaq is never heard of in the NBA, pretty crazy.

Silverphin
01-27-2006, 06:58 PM
I think we play you guys in hockey soon...your hockey team any good? I remember seeing something about us playing you in the upcoming week or so...hopefully you can tell me some strengths or weaknesses :evil:\

Edit: we play you guys this upcoming sunday i think...

We'll keep you on your toes. I'll say that much.

FinsAreLife
01-27-2006, 07:30 PM

cool stuff man

Perfect23
01-27-2006, 07:42 PM
you forgot nick mangold
i went to greenville
you are in our division

anyway let me say this first!!!
I HATE THE PATS
but matt light is my cousin so thats pretty cool = a lil family grudge match

No Nick Mangold went to Alter.

EBMisfit
01-28-2006, 01:50 PM
thats cool, Richie Incognito (back up guard for the Rams, 3rd round pick last year) went to my high school and lived on my street.

How do you know who he is if he's incognito? :D (Sorry, couldn't help making that pun).

backpacker
01-28-2006, 02:43 PM

I was gonna go there for their computer graphics program, but couldn't get my application in on time.

Went to school Piper High in Sunrise with Brian and Bennie Blades. Sonya Blades is a track star I believe. They were all in my PE class.I'm currently a student at Piper High. I can't remember which, but one of the Blades brothers is a security guard.