PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Cutler/Leinart/Young

Dolphin Dan
01-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Chris Mortenson writes in ESPN insider that the Vandy QB is a Better Pro Prospect than either the Heisman winning QB or the Rose Bowl Star. Interesting. Thoughts?
I would Post the Link But it won't work since Insider is a subscription only read.

CitizenSnips
01-26-2006, 07:22 PM
right now...yeah cutler looks better simply because hes at the senior bowl, and coaches are getting to watch him. And they're getting to watch him in a much more up close setting. What Vince Young and Matt Leinart have already accomplished can speak volumes for them, but NFL coaches are getting to see cutler during practice, and i bet its more exciting for coaches to watch a QB really focusing, rather then simply playing. I don't know if you can say hes a better prospect, but cutler is turning heads down at the senior bowl practices, thas for sure.

Dolphin Dan
01-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Mort says he has said this before not just based on Senior Bowl

caneaddict
01-26-2006, 07:40 PM
I just read the article. He says that he's talked to personnel guys all season who have thought Cutler was best. He says that alot of scouts knock him hoping to push down his stock so they can have a better shot at him but that it won't work. Several league sources have said the cat's out of the bag.

He unequivically states that Cutler is better than Leinart and Young and that there is a good possibility for him to get drafted ahead of them.

Remember, wasn't Mort the one hyping Matt Jones last year? He nailed that one pretty well - it looks like Jones will be a very special player.

BigDogsHunt
01-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Cutler could be better than Young (NFL QB wise) but not Leinart!

finfansince72
01-26-2006, 08:18 PM
I hope the hype continues and Leinart falls right us at 16, yea it will never happen but hey we can always hope.
Who knows, if Leinart is still there late in the top 10 Saban might be awfully tempted to trade up and go get him.

adamprez2003
01-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Cutler and Young have more upside than Leinart but also more downside

RoKnRuiN
01-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Cutler and Young have more upside than Leinart but also more downside

Are you really George W. Bush?

sports24/7
01-26-2006, 09:03 PM
I don't like this mainly because it just hypes him up more. I really don't think most people feel Cutler is better, and Mort is an inside guy, not a talent evaluator. But it is almost a guarantee now that if we want him we are going to have to trade up. I would do it, but we'll se if Saban will.

Motion
01-26-2006, 10:59 PM

All a matter of opinion.

BigDogsHunt
01-26-2006, 11:17 PM
All a matter of opinion.

Sure, what is yours....you like him over every QB coming out?

Motion
01-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Sure, what is yours....you like him over every QB coming out?

Yep sure do. Been saying it since October.

Roman529
01-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Great, there just want our shot of getting Cutler. :(

SammySmif
01-27-2006, 12:16 AM
Matt Jones is not bad, but he drops a lot of easy passes. He could end up being something, but he hasn't shown much this year. I heard this straight from many hardcore Jags fans.

fishypete
01-27-2006, 12:52 AM
Mort says he has said this before not just based on Senior Bowl

And I'll bet Mort said the same thing about Rodgers last year....what does Mort know? He's paid to report news...not evaluate players.

I'm starting to think Mort is a Closet Dolphin fan strirring up the waters...so keep up the great work Mort. Keep Hyping Cutler...higher and higher...it can only be good for us in the end.

fishypete
01-27-2006, 12:57 AM
I just read the article. He says that he's talked to personnel guys all season who have thought Cutler was best. He says that alot of scouts knock him hoping to push down his stock so they can have a better shot at him but that it won't work. Several league sources have said the cat's out of the bag.

He unequivically states that Cutler is better than Leinart and Young and that there is a good possibility for him to get drafted ahead of them.

Remember, wasn't Mort the one hyping Matt Jones last year? He nailed that one pretty well - it looks like Jones will be a very special player.

And I bet if you look he also Hyped up Rodgers....and we all know what happened to him on draft day. Does anyone really think that personnel "guy's" are going to tell Mort...the truth....yes Mort....we really like Cutler...over Young and Leinart...we're telling you this so the cat is out of the bag...and we'll never have a chance to select him now....does anyone really believe that stuff? I'd say it if I really wanted someone else to fall...now wouldn't I!!

djfresh47
01-27-2006, 01:01 AM
It's a matter of opinion, but I think Leinart and Young are by far the best two Qb's in the draft.

fishypete
01-27-2006, 01:06 AM
It's a matter of opinion, but I think Leinart and Young are by far the best two Qb's in the draft.

Your not the only one that believes that.

Marino's Mayhem
01-27-2006, 01:23 AM
Who will be the best NFL QB? Name them in order.

My order is:

Leinart, Cutler, Young

djfresh47
01-27-2006, 01:29 AM
Who will be the best NFL QB? Name them in order.

My order is:

Leinart, Cutler, Young

Leinart, Young, Cutler....I'm tempted to put a different guy in there because chances are all 3 won't be successful.

Marino's Mayhem
01-27-2006, 01:31 AM
Croyle is looking pretty good at the Senior Bowl but he's not as good as these 3 guys. If one of them wasn't successful, I'd say it would be Young.

Motion
01-27-2006, 07:37 AM
And I bet if you look he also Hyped up Rodgers....and we all know what happened to him on draft day. Does anyone really think that personnel "guy's" are going to tell Mort...the truth....yes Mort....we really like Cutler...over Young and Leinart...we're telling you this so the cat is out of the bag...and we'll never have a chance to select him now....does anyone really believe that stuff? I'd say it if I really wanted someone else to fall...now wouldn't I!!

Great comparison, cause this year's QB class is so similar to last year's!

Motion
01-27-2006, 07:39 AM

Your right, its all a matter of opinion, thats all anyone can go on right now. We won't know the facts for a couple years.

BTW, I disagree. :D

Motion
01-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Cutler
Leinart
Croyle

finfan54
01-27-2006, 08:10 AM

Ive watched Leinert a little this year. I think he is good, but i think he is overhyped with the Heisman and all. The reason Cutler is better is because of his mentality and his talent. The kid went up against good teams while playing on a crappy one. Leinert basically had Reggie Bush and an OL to kill for. It has always been Leinert that was overrated IMO. I think in reality, Leinert is really about 5-10 overall in the draft. But because he is a championship QB, he gets all the hype. Now Cutler is steppin in on that.

As for Vince Young. Anyone who thinks he will suck as a QB has another thing coming.

finfan54
01-27-2006, 08:11 AM
Great comparison, cause this year's QB class is so similar to last year's!

There are no Aarron Rogers here this year. Leinert would never drop past 10 let alone 5.

finfan54
01-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Young
Cutler
Leinert
Croyle

But you see, this is a team game. Stuff like this dont make any sense. Do you think Rothlisberger would be successful if he went to Detroit as opposed to Pitt? I say he would be good, but not as good because Pitt has coaching and a team. Croyle could make them all eat crow by becoming a dolphin and playing on a great team. :)

houtz
01-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Leinart, Cutler, Young.

BlueFin
01-27-2006, 09:22 AM
And I'll bet Mort said the same thing about Rodgers last year....what does Mort know? He's paid to report news...not evaluate players.

I'm starting to think Mort is a Closet Dolphin fan strirring up the waters...so keep up the great work Mort. Keep Hyping Cutler...higher and higher...it can only be good for us in the end.

Well, Mort was saying Matt Jones would succeed when people like you were saying he was not worth drafting high, so I'd say he has an opinion worth listening too.

And no, he wasn't hyping Rodgers, but since Rodgers never saw the field behind Brett Favre, who can make a final judgement about Rodgers yet?

Do you have a crystal ball Fishy? Can we see it?

BlueFin
01-27-2006, 09:24 AM

No he didm't. the one guy he raved about was Matt Jones, are you gonna keep spreading mis-information?

BlueFin
01-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Your not the only one that believes that.

This from a guy who championed Stefan Lefors in the last draft.

NLude33
01-27-2006, 11:21 AM
I also read in the VIP forum, I think a quote posted by CK, that several scouts still had Cutler with a second round grade. I think it is still really early to tell. When I watched the practices on NFL Network, I thought Cutler did not look that great at all. Footwork is just horrible, and he doesn't move laterally well right now. No way he should even be talked about going ahead of Leinart or Young...not yet anyways.

adamprez2003
01-27-2006, 12:20 PM
This from a guy who championed Stefan Lefors in the last draft.

Hey be easy on Lefors. He was a late 4th rounder. Lefors was a good gamble with an 4th rounder. Any QB you take with a 3rd rounder or later is a gamble and if they bust- no big deal. I wouldn't write the guy off just yet. Give him another two years before making final judgements. Of course I'm still rooting for Dave Ragone, so don't mind me.:evil:

BlueFin
01-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Hey be easy on Lefors. He was a late 4th rounder. Lefors was a good gamble with an 4th rounder. Any QB you take with a 3rd rounder or later is a gamble and if they bust- no big deal. I wouldn't write the guy off just yet. Give him another two years before making final judgements. Of course I'm still rooting for Dave Ragone, so don't mind me.:evil:

Not really slamming Lefors, however, Pete ranted on and on about how great he would be. The point was Rodgers has played yet, and yet Pete slams him like he was a bust.