PDA

View Full Version : High school student humiliated for wearing Denver jersey in Pennsylvania high school

JPhinfan86
01-27-2006, 02:33 AM
I'm not sure how many of you saw this but for me it was just ludacris. I'm outraged at this horsecrap. I'm a die-hard, bleed ORANGE and AQUA Finfan but this just struck me in the worst kinda way. If I wore a Fins jersey in a New York high school and they pulled this crap sh!t would hit the fan. :fire:

HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT HUMILIATED FOR WEARING BRONCOS JERSEY (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/01/24/jersey.lesson.ap/?section=cnn_topstories)

"If he felt uncomfortable, then that's a lesson; that's what (the class) is designed to do," Kelly told The Denver Post. "It was silly fun. I can't believe he was upset."

This is a statement from the teacher, I believe his last name is Kelly. He claims he was 'teaching him a lesson' that he says is in keeping with the course he's instructing: Ethnicity. What a crock. That last line is just absurd. :shakeno:

rothshunger
01-27-2006, 02:45 AM
:confused:why did he sit on the floor I would have told the teacher to kiss my a$$
If the teacher was trying to teach him something about ethics they teach those lessons in college not high school
plus the teacher had the nerve to wear a steelers jersey after all that:confused:
thats just sad

JPhinfan86
01-27-2006, 02:52 AM
I suppose intimidation. After all he is the teacher and the kid is attempting to take a potentially important mid-term test. Personally I STILL would have fought it but hey. :dunno:

ih8brady
01-27-2006, 03:19 AM
This happens every once in awhile and its complete crap. Immature teachers like that are aholes, plain and simple! :fire: Adults need to set the example in good behaviour.

BTW, I grew up in Buffalo and went to public school and never had anything bad happen from teachers or even students, so theres no excuse like "everyone does it".

Rafiki
01-27-2006, 05:20 AM
It's crap.

If his jersey didn't violate the dress code I don't see any reason that the teacher had any reason to reprimand nor punish the student in any way.

If he did it's a clear violation of the 1rst amendement rights of this student.

King Nate
01-27-2006, 05:25 AM
I know the teacher was probably out of line but the kid seems kinda lame to take that abuse like that and then to whine about it afterwards.

cnc66
01-27-2006, 07:02 AM
good, shoulda duct taped him to the flag pole and humiliated him for the entire day. Make him wear dresses to gym class and make him eat brussel sprouts... Donko lover loser. School is for education and he got one. HA !

Kobe
01-27-2006, 12:31 PM
good, shoulda duct taped him to the flag pole and humiliated him for the entire day. Make him wear dresses to gym class and make him eat brussel sprouts... Donko lover loser. School is for education and he got one. HA !

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Buddwalk
01-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm not sure how many of you saw this but for me it was just ludacris. I'm outraged at this horsecrap. I'm a die-hard, bleed ORANGE and AQUA Finfan but this just struck me in the worst kinda way. If I wore a Fins jersey in a New York high school and they pulled this crap sh!t would hit the fan. :fire:

HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT HUMILIATED FOR WEARING BRONCOS JERSEY (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/01/24/jersey.lesson.ap/?section=cnn_topstories)

This is a statement from the teacher, I believe his last name is Kelly. He claims he was 'teaching him a lesson' that he says is in keeping with the course he's instructing: Ethnicity. What a crock. That last line is just absurd. :shakeno:

I said it was just innocent w/e though

hey man you need to trim your sig up alot each one of your sigs is over 50k when the limit for the total should be around 40k

poisonphin
01-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Wow, I live in NJ and I dont get crap like that for being a Dolphins fan.
Everyones im a Phin fan too, but people are cool about it

Emskirch
01-27-2006, 01:21 PM
I am glad I grew up in the 70's, in a catholic school with nuns that wacked you at will.

It built character, kids now a days are pampered, and god forbid a little joke should hurt thier feelings.

NJFINSFAN1
01-27-2006, 01:22 PM
He was trying to teach him a lesson about racist! Well the biggest lesson for the kids would be him getting fired and the school saying we won't stand for the racist crap!

NJFINSFAN1
01-27-2006, 01:24 PM
I am glad I grew up in the 70's, in a catholic school with nuns that wacked you at will.

It built character, kids now a days are pampered, and god forbid a little joke should hurt thier feelings.

I remember to this day, getting wacked in the head by a chalk board eraser from Sister Mary! She could hit a dime from 20 yards with that thing!

bam and a cloud of dust! Thats all I remember!

Emskirch
01-27-2006, 01:26 PM
I remember to this day, getting wacked in the head by a chalk board eraser from Sister Mary! She could hit a dime from 20 yards with that thing!

bam and a cloud of dust! Thats all I remember!

I think that cloud of dust will cause me cancer in my later years :sidelol:

ABrownLamp
01-27-2006, 01:43 PM
WHO CARES??

What a little cry baby.

"I was so distraught, I couldn't fill out 20 questions on the exam."

Ya right. Nice excuse.

I can picture that whole episode going down. And I see a teacher just kidding around. I think the kid is just a schmuck.

ABrownLamp
01-27-2006, 01:44 PM
It's crap.

If his jersey didn't violate the dress code I don't see any reason that the teacher had any reason to reprimand nor punish the student in any way.

If he did it's a clear violation of the 1rst amendement rights of this student.

It wasnt a serious punishment.
It was a joke, and I bet the kid was smiling the whole time it happened too.

ABrownLamp
01-27-2006, 01:45 PM
He was trying to teach him a lesson about racist! Well the biggest lesson for the kids would be him getting fired and the school saying we won't stand for the racist crap!

what?

NJFINSFAN1
01-27-2006, 02:01 PM
what?

You heard me! Its a class about all that, and he wanted to prove a point how uncomfortable it can make people feel.

Well he got his point across, now he should be reprimanded or fired.

You can say what you want, he can say what he wants, but you know nothing of this kid, and it could have an effect on him.

It was just wrong, joke or no joke!

And if it happened to one of my kids, I'd be after the teachers head!

tucker
01-27-2006, 02:28 PM
he should have known better..he looks like a P**** anyway..what the hell was he expecting..and if he didnt like that he should have grown some balls...but the teacher should be fired..but can you say OWNED!

WharfRat
01-27-2006, 02:30 PM
The teacher was out of line.
he was trying to "teach him a lesson"??? a lesson for what? For being a fan of a differnt team than the teacher is?
Preposterous.
You do not "teach lessons" by humiliating someone. Discipline is one thing, but this kid did nothing wrong.

ABrownLamp
01-27-2006, 05:33 PM
You heard me! Its a class about all that, and he wanted to prove a point how uncomfortable it can make people feel.

Well he got his point across, now he should be reprimanded or fired.

You can say what you want, he can say what he wants, but you know nothing of this kid, and it could have an effect on him.

It was just wrong, joke or no joke!

And if it happened to one of my kids, I'd be after the teachers head!

I see. I only skimmed the article.

Honestly, if that was me, I would have laughed, sat on the floor, taken the test, and gone to my next class. Sounds like this kid is being a big baby.

ABrownLamp
01-27-2006, 05:38 PM
The teacher was out of line.
he was trying to "teach him a lesson"??? a lesson for what? For being a fan of a differnt team than the teacher is?
Preposterous.
You do not "teach lessons" by humiliating someone. Discipline is one thing, but this kid did nothing wrong.

A humorous lesson. Honestly, this sounds like it is being blown up to something it really isnt.

I mean I wasn't there or anything, but I can visualize it going down. And it sounds pretty harmless to me. Teacher jokingly says this is what segregation is like. Kid sits on the floor for 30 minutes. Class laughs. BFD. And with the way the teacher is reacting to it, it sounds like thats exactly what it was.

K-train
01-27-2006, 06:04 PM
The funny thing is Denver and Pittsburgh aren't rivals.

inFINSible
01-28-2006, 10:37 AM
The funny thing is Denver and Pittsburgh aren't rivals.
They were last week.

4evaFinz
01-28-2006, 10:56 AM
I love all these posts calling the kid a cry baby. I'll be honest, I probably wouldn't have taken the situation seriously either. Would have enjoyed a laugh, or told the teacher where he could go. But because a few of us can mentally accept this situation doesn't justify the teacher's actions. For all we know that kid has a terrible home-life, and is living an unstable life in distrot. What seems like a subtle joke to us, could set off triggers in the kid's head that send us the next Jeffery Dahmer. There is no logic behind the actions, and I don't see what if proved. Definately out of line.

PHINATIC13
01-28-2006, 12:00 PM

You dang teachers always stick together.................j/k :tongue:

painnotpleasure
01-28-2006, 02:13 PM
That's messed up, no way do I condone it unless it were a Jets fan. Jet fans are always the exception.

FinsNCanes
01-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Did they tell him to make that ridiculous face when they took that picture? What a nerd.

ABrownLamp
01-28-2006, 05:59 PM
I love all these posts calling the kid a cry baby. I'll be honest, I probably wouldn't have taken the situation seriously either. Would have enjoyed a laugh, or told the teacher where he could go. But because a few of us can mentally accept this situation doesn't justify the teacher's actions. For all we know that kid has a terrible home-life, and is living an unstable life in distrot. What seems like a subtle joke to us, could set off triggers in the kid's head that send us the next Jeffery Dahmer. There is no logic behind the actions, and I don't see what if proved. Definately out of line.

:sosad:

Whatever the reason is...he's still a crybaby

Metal Panda
01-28-2006, 06:01 PM

Ooh yay, catholic schools. I fear any school with religion in the background, sorry.

I don't buy the myth that kids are "pampered" nowadays, as if they don't have a lot to deal with. A lot of that comes from the growing size of the media and the fact that the media chooses what to portray to the public selectively.

Kids go through a lot of crap nowadays, whether it's at home or school. Kids are probably having to deal with more now than ever. Just because schools don't rap your wrists every time you talk out of turn doesn't mean that the kids are being allowed to do whatever the hell they want. "Tradition" is not equatable to "correct". While many of the methods of yesteryear were just mere discipline and good for character, a lot of it bordered on abuse.

To say the lesson that teacher in this scenario supposedly taught (all I think it is was a last ditch excuse to justify his actions) a lesson and built character is a laugh. Being tough for the sake of being tough is just stupid. This was something the teacher thought was amusing and when he got called on it, he came up with a weak rationalization for it.

If it was meant to teach a lesson, why wouldn't other children in the class be treated the same way at one point in time? And why would the teacher choose to do it on something important like a TEST which could have an impact on the kid's grade versus just a normal class meeting?

Miamian
01-28-2006, 06:07 PM

bam and a cloud of dust! Thats all I remember!My high school Latin teacher was famous for the same thing. The thing is that you could see eraser marks on his jacket all the time because the students would throw the erasers back at him.

On topic, this seems really stupid and unprofessional. Since it was an ethnicity class and the teacher was trying to teach the student and the rest of the class a lesson, I wonder if ALL class members are routinely the object of discrimination.

cnc66
01-28-2006, 06:10 PM
I dunno, the teacher should have held him down and wrote Denver Sucks on his forehead with a sharpie.

Metal Panda
01-28-2006, 06:11 PM
My high school Latin teacher was famous for the same thing. The thing is that you could see eraser marks on his jacket all the time because the students would throw the erasers back at him.

On topic, this seems really stupid and unprofessional. Since it was an ethnicity class and the teacher was trying to teach the student and the rest of the class a lesson, I wonder if ALL class members are routinely the object of discrimination.

I agree. That and why would the teacher do it on something that impacts the child's grade like a test? Even if the teacher gave the child extra points later to compensate, it is still pretty damaging to one's psyche.

Oops, I said psyche. to some of the "tuff guys" on here, I guess anything not related to machismo is unimportant. (yea I know it's only a few people but still)

4evaFinz
01-28-2006, 06:21 PM
:sosad:

Whatever the reason is...he's still a crybaby

I bet you'd be singing a different tune if I vandalized your vehicle or home because you were a Dolphin fan, now wouldn't you? Sure those are possessions you have worked hard for, but what makes possessions anymore important than mental stability. For all we know that kid was ridiculed on a daily basis and the victim of frequent bullying. Ever heard of Columbine? Events like this trigger tragedies like that.

Regardless of whether or not it affects him severly there are things that are socially acceptable, and things that aren't. These things are even stricter in a school environment. Had the teacher not been in the room and students had done this to another student (during an exam at that) all of those involved would be severely punished. So why is it acceptable for a teacher to do it?

ABrownLamp
01-28-2006, 07:24 PM
I bet you'd be singing a different tune if I vandalized your vehicle or home because you were a Dolphin fan, now wouldn't you? Sure those are possessions you have worked hard for, but what makes possessions anymore important than mental stability. For all we know that kid was ridiculed on a daily basis and the victim of frequent bullying. Ever heard of Columbine? Events like this trigger tragedies like that.

Regardless of whether or not it affects him severly there are things that are socially acceptable, and things that aren't. These things are even stricter in a school environment. Had the teacher not been in the room and students had done this to another student (during an exam at that) all of those involved would be severely punished. So why is it acceptable for a teacher to do it?

Oh come on. Stop pampering this little baby who couldnt take a joke. Man, if this kid snapped from that, he has a long hard road ahead of him.

Maybe the teacher over stepped his bounds and took the joke too far. I think it was pretty silly that he made the kid take the ENTIRE test on the floor. But come on. It was a joke. Someone needs to tell that kid to suck it up and stop acting like a little *****.

To me, this seems like a great excuse for someone who wasnt doing well in a class. "I was so distrought, I couldn't fill out 20 questions on the exam" For real, what does that sound like to you?

cnc66
01-28-2006, 07:26 PM
get on um ABL, besides Elway sent him an autographed recliner for his troubles.

Metal Panda
01-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Oh come on. Stop pampering this little baby who couldnt take a joke. Man, if this kid snapped from that, he has a long hard road ahead of him.

Maybe the teacher over stepped his bounds and took the joke too far. I think it was pretty silly that he made the kid take the ENTIRE test on the floor. But come on. It was a joke. Someone needs to tell that kid to suck it up and stop acting like a little *****.

To me, this seems like a great excuse for someone who wasnt doing well in a class. "I was so distrought, I couldn't fill out 20 questions on the exam" For real, what does that sound like to you?

:rolleyes:

Yea, anytime somebody doesn't find the "joke" funny it's always their fault they don't have a "sense of humor". Heard that barb before. Still not impressed. And all the while, the person inflicting the "humor" never gets held accountable. Why is it so hard to admit that somebody may have acted inappropriately? Blame the victim syndrome has just got to stop.

By the way, the kid's quip about not being able to fill out 20 questions is not all that implausible. There are people who get test anxiety naturally as part of their persona, without any environmental causes. So why is it a stretch to think someone who is humiliated might not go through some of the same?

Oh wait, "psychology" doesn't fit the "machismo" motif of this thread, I suppose.

ABrownLamp
01-28-2006, 07:34 PM
:rolleyes:

Yea, anytime somebody doesn't find the "joke" funny it's always their fault they don't have a "sense of humor". Heard that barb before. Still not impressed. And all the while, the person inflicting the "humor" never gets held accountable.

By the way, the kid's quip about not being able to fill out 20 questions is not all that implausible. There are people who get test anxiety naturally as part of their persona, without any environmental causes. So why is it a stretch to think someone who is humiliated might not go through some of the same?

Picture your current or past girlfriend...You know when you say something that was meant to be funny or a joke, and they get really, really pissed? And you dont understand how they could possibly interpret it as anything but something harmless? That is how I envision this. He is acting like a girl. This world is full of unfair jokes and ego bruising events. I'm sorry, but if something like that pushes him over the edge...he is going to fail at life. And I dont feel sorry for him.

IMO. This is pathetic.

ABrownLamp
01-28-2006, 07:35 PM
get on um ABL, besides Elway sent him an autographed recliner for his troubles.

Ya, and he gets a free pass for a class that he was probably failing.

Metal Panda
01-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Picture your current or past girlfriend...You know when you say something that was meant to be funny or a joke, and they get really, really pissed? And you dont understand how they could possibly interpret it as anything but something harmless? That is how I envision this. He is acting like a girl. This world is full of unfair jokes and ego bruising events. I'm sorry, but if something like that pushes him over the edge...he is going to fail at life. And I dont feel sorry for him.

IMO. This is pathetic.

You know, none of us were actually there in the classroom. So while it's unfair for any of us to really make a determination, I find it really ridiculous anybody could say the child was "whining" when none of us knows the magnitude of the situation at hand or the context.

And by the way, one angle nobody seems to mention--while your intentions might be innocent (and I doubt that they were in this teacher's case), telling a bunch of kids whose motives are not the same as yours to throw stuff at a kid in class....I think you see where I'm going with this.

Oh, and btw, most mature human beings actually attempt to realize why the person who got offended by something that was intended to be a joke did not find it funny, instead of merely getting mad at them.

Metal Panda
01-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Ya, and he gets a free pass for a class that he was probably failing.

What a silly assertion, being that nothing in the article remotely even hinted at that.

:shakeno:

The Confessor
01-28-2006, 07:53 PM
The part that pisses me off is that the teacher is in a position of authority (Or at least they were back in the day). He has absolutely NO right to make the kid do this. If other kids were giving him crap, well he should have figured. But the teacher telling him to sit on the floor is BS

ABrownLamp
01-28-2006, 07:58 PM
You know, none of us were actually there in the classroom. So while it's unfair for any of us to really make a determination, I find it really ridiculous anybody could say the child was "whining" when none of us knows the magnitude of the situation at hand or the context.

And by the way, one angle nobody seems to mention--while your intentions might be innocent (and I doubt that they were in this teacher's case), telling a bunch of kids whose motives are not the same as yours to throw stuff at a kid in class....I think you see where I'm going with this.

Oh, and btw, most mature human beings actually attempt to realize why the person who got offended by something that was intended to be a joke did not find it funny, instead of merely getting mad at them.

Sorry. I have no sympathy. Like you said, neither of us were there. You can speculate. I can speculate.

Was it the right thing to do? No.
Did the teacher take it too far. Definitely.
Did this kid overreact. Oh, absolutely.

You have your take, I have mine. I see the situation as a humorous one. I think the kid is being a little baby. Maybe the kid was crying during class. Maybe he was smiling the whole time. We don't know.

All I'm saying is that in my head, I am visualizing this going down. And I see something harmless.

ABrownLamp
01-28-2006, 07:59 PM
What a silly assertion, being that nothing in the article remotely even hinted at that.

Not silly at all. You thinkhe has a reasonable excuse now? Read the whole article. Especially his quotes.

4evaFinz
01-28-2006, 08:55 PM
LOL BrownLamp you put this off like it is a joke you pulled on a buddy when yo uwere at his house. This is a teacher, someone a student is supposed to be able to trust and feel secure around. The teacher was completely out of line. Forcing a student to do something humiliating is not what teachers are paid for. Teacher's aren't there to tell jokes. When I go to school and get bitched at for talking to my friends and etc. I am told I go to school to learn, not have fun and joke around. Therefore it is safe to say the same responsibilities should be applied to teacher's, they go to school to teach. Not to have fun and joke around with students. And really is it a joke? Sure it's a joke when your the teacher, or when your another student. But is it a joke if your the one sitting on the floor while kids throw paper at you, with your teacher's permission. If this was a teacher I was buddy-buddy with I'd have a hell of a laugh. But if it wasn't I'd be telling the teacher to **** off, and probably be throwing punches. Now I think it is safe to say this kid doesn't share the same courage or idiocy I do (you determine if fighting is brave or stupid). People who are anxious are going to suffer in that situation. Sure he may have threw in the excuse on the exam to relieve a poor grade. But I think we all would have in that situation, it's the least he could get out of a public ridicule in front of all his peers.

ABrownLamp
01-28-2006, 09:13 PM
LOL BrownLamp you put this off like it is a joke you pulled on a buddy when yo uwere at his house. This is a teacher, someone a student is supposed to be able to trust and feel secure around. The teacher was completely out of line. Forcing a student to do something humiliating is not what teachers are paid for. Teacher's aren't there to tell jokes. When I go to school and get bitched at for talking to my friends and etc. I am told I go to school to learn, not have fun and joke around. Therefore it is safe to say the same responsibilities should be applied to teacher's, they go to school to teach. Not to have fun and joke around with students. And really is it a joke? Sure it's a joke when your the teacher, or when your another student. But is it a joke if your the one sitting on the floor while kids throw paper at you, with your teacher's permission. If this was a teacher I was buddy-buddy with I'd have a hell of a laugh. But if it wasn't I'd be telling the teacher to **** off, and probably be throwing punches. Now I think it is safe to say this kid doesn't share the same courage or idiocy I do (you determine if fighting is brave or stupid). People who are anxious are going to suffer in that situation. Sure he may have threw in the excuse on the exam to relieve a poor grade. But I think we all would have in that situation, it's the least he could get out of a public ridicule in front of all his peers.

Life is unfair is what I am saying. This is a small, pathetic roadbump.

Like you said. You would be able to take it. I would be able to take it. Most people would be able to take it. This kid is a pansy.

Did the teacher go overboard? Yes.
Is this kid a tool? Oh, definitely.

Seriously, if he was your friend, what would you say to him? Grow a pair, right? Get over yourself? Something like that.

I guess the problem is, is that I just dont understand where he is coming from. But you are right, the teacher didnt need to do all of that. But for real...I mean, come on...the kid kid says he's been traumatized.

4evaFinz
01-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Life is unfair is what I am saying. This is a small, pathetic roadbump.

Like you said. You would be able to take it. I would be able to take it. Most people would be able to take it. This kid is a pansy.

Did the teacher go overboard? Yes.
Is this kid a tool? Oh, definitely.

Seriously, if he was your friend, what would you say to him? Grow a pair, right? Get over yourself? Something like that.

I guess the problem is, is that I just dont understand where he is coming from. But you are right, the teacher didnt need to do all of that. But for real...I mean, come on...the kid kid says he's been traumatized.

For sure, I agree he is weakminded. But that doesn't justify anything. That is life as well, some people are physically stronger, others mentally stronger, and some are none of the above. But because of that in modern day society we have to lower our standards to meet with the people below us. I don't say this as an egotistical fool, trying to blow my own horn. It is the truth, as I must lower my standards for others, others must lower their standards for me. That is just life.

Martel
01-28-2006, 09:47 PM
That's really no big deal. I lived in Northern California when I was in 3rd grade when the Phins played the Niners in the SB. After the game I wore my Marino jersey to school and of course everyone in class was laughing at me. Then they (including the teacher) started throwing their lunches at me and calling me a ****ing loser. They then tied me to a chair, ripped my jersey off of me and set it on fire in front of me. Then they beat me unconscious and when I woke up, I was naked in a garbage can covered in red and gold paint. So this kid got off pretty easy.

d-day
01-28-2006, 10:12 PM
That's really no big deal. I lived in Northern California when I was in 3rd grade when the Phins played the Niners in the SB. After the game I wore my Marino jersey to school and of course everyone in class was laughing at me. Then they (including the teacher) started throwing their lunches at me and calling me a ****ing loser. They then tied me to a chair, ripped my jersey off of me and set it on fire in front of me. Then they beat me unconscious and when I woke up, I was naked in a garbage can covered in red and gold paint. So this kid got off pretty easy.

that was you...?!

SuavePhin
01-28-2006, 10:39 PM
http://www.ellwoodcityledger.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16008854&BRD=2724&PAG=461&dept_id=563781&rfi=6

update on the story, fire away arguing posters :tongue:

4evaFinz
01-28-2006, 11:21 PM
I suppose that kills his failing the class excuse. 3.8 GPA.

ABrownLamp
01-28-2006, 11:52 PM
I suppose that kills his failing the class excuse. 3.8 GPA.

Do you know what his grade in that class was?

4evaFinz
01-29-2006, 12:00 AM
Do you know what his grade in that class was?

Well I am assuming it wasn't much lower than 3.8 in order to maintain that kind of average.

ABrownLamp
01-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Well I am assuming it wasn't much lower than 3.8 in order to maintain that kind of average.

He was taking a midterm for that class, so 3.8 gpa has nothing to do with it.

Martel
01-29-2006, 01:33 AM
He sure is a sensative little fella. I'm sure all the kids sympathize with him and think that what he's doing is awesome. They will undoubtedly raise them high above their shoulders and chant his name when he returns to campus. Stay brave young man, stay brave.

Martel
01-29-2006, 01:35 AM
that was you...?!

:boohoo:

Roman529
01-29-2006, 02:12 AM
All students should have to follow a dress code and wear a collared dress shirt and tie (girls should wear a dress) and if they don't like the dress code or give the teacher any lip they should send them home.

FinsAreLife
01-29-2006, 09:59 AM
lol this reminds me, my good friend is a broncos fan and i bet him the steelers would win, so i made him coem to school wearing a brown paper bad over his head, throughout the day everyone was writing some funny stuff about the broncos on it....idk what it has to do with this but it was funny as heck

ABrownLamp
01-29-2006, 01:34 PM

Come on dude. That did not happen.

Rocky Raccoon
01-29-2006, 02:15 PM

:sidelol:

JPhinfan86
01-30-2006, 04:42 AM
There was an article about it in the Omaha World Herald (I live 2 hours North of Omaha) and one quote I found interesting was straight from the teacher:

"We [Pittsburgh] won the game, so nothing else matters anyway." Classy. A comment like this makes me question the 'nice guy' claims. It's a pot shot after the fact. :dunno:

JPhinfan86
01-30-2006, 05:07 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
Here's a picture of the kid, wearing the jersey he was 'heckled' in.

HysterikiLL
01-30-2006, 06:09 AM

Yeah, all kids today have got it so unbelievably easily. :shakeno: Y'know, with the increased domestic violence rate, increased rate of violence in schools, increase in divorce rate leaving kids in the middle of parental feuds, and I could make a longer list. I grew up in the '90's between an alcoholic, abusive step father and an alcoholic father who I refuse to have contact with. School wasn't easy, and a lot of people had it a hell of a lot worse than I. Kids today, many like I, have to face peer pressure, violence, drug and financial issues, amongst others, unlike any other generation before. I'm not snapping, but by growing up four decades ago in a catholic school environment, what the hell gives you the right to sit on a pedestal and judge todays youth?

Emskirch
01-30-2006, 08:02 AM
Yeah, all kids today have got it so unbelievably easily. :shakeno: Y'know, with the increased domestic violence rate, increased rate of violence in schools, increase in divorce rate leaving kids in the middle of parental feuds, and I could make a longer list. I grew up in the '90's between an alcoholic, abusive step father and an alcoholic father who I refuse to have contact with. School wasn't easy, and a lot of people had it a hell of a lot worse than I. Kids today, many like I, have to face peer pressure, violence, drug and financial issues, amongst others, unlike any other generation before. I'm not snapping, but by growing up four decades ago in a catholic school environment, what the hell gives you the right to sit on a pedestal and judge todays youth?

Did I use the word easy, NO I used pampered? And oh my god, peer pressure was invented in the 90's :tantrum: Little peer pressure kid with a Denver Broncos jersey got his poor feelings hurt.

Isn't that what this conversation was about, no one mentioned about your hard life. :boohoo: My alcoholic father beat my mother, but what does that have to do with this conversation? :tantrum:

Emskirch
01-30-2006, 08:03 AM

tucker
01-30-2006, 10:27 AM
the kid's a baby..

RunningBackGuru
01-30-2006, 10:37 AM

That's just terrible. :(

themole
01-30-2006, 06:15 PM

:lol: Marty, what should we expect from faculty and students from BIG BEAVER HS?

They are all big Pusses!

King Nate
01-30-2006, 06:19 PM

Haha, unbelievable! Talk about milking this! Little scammer!

cnc66
01-30-2006, 06:25 PM

he looks like he is already doin' the hair club thing.....donko lover loser

themole
01-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Haha, unbelievable! Talk about milking this! Little scammer!

Look at the forearms on that mule!

HysterikiLL
01-31-2006, 05:24 AM
EDIT: It's not even worth it.

Alex44
01-31-2006, 06:23 AM
Did I use the word easy, NO I used pampered? And oh my god, peer pressure was invented in the 90's :tantrum: Little peer pressure kid with a Denver Broncos jersey got his poor feelings hurt.

Isn't that what this conversation was about, no one mentioned about your hard life. :boohoo: My alcoholic father beat my mother, but what does that have to do with this conversation? :tantrum:

Yes pampered with drugs and gang violence higher than ever, parents less involved with their children than ever

What exactly would you know about growing up now? Thats like me telling you about growing up in the 70's it makes no sense since I didnt do it

Is the kid over reacting, Hell yeah probally, but dont tell me/anyone we are pamperd now days when you really have no clue

cnc66
01-31-2006, 07:28 AM
Yes pampered with drugs and gang violence higher than ever, parents less involved with their children than ever

What exactly would you know about growing up now? Thats like me telling you about growing up in the 70's it makes no sense since I didnt do it

Is the kid over reacting, Hell yeah probally, but dont tell me/anyone we are pamperd now days when you really have no clue

by comparison you are, if you were dropped into our era with your "you owe poor me attitude" we would have your pants flyin' from the flagpole and a jockstrap on your head first day...:goof: the toughest guy ever in my school was not tough enough to wear pink.

it's just like the old dogs used to tell us... only THEY were right.

Emskirch
01-31-2006, 07:46 AM

Emskirch
01-31-2006, 07:50 AM
by comparison you are, if you were dropped into our era with your "you owe poor me attitude" we would have your pants flyin' from the flagpole and a jockstrap on your head first day...:goof: the toughest guy ever in my school was not tough enough to wear pink.

I wrote 4 paragraghs agreeing with you, but deleted it so I didn't hurt anyone elses feelings.:sidelol:

Martel
01-31-2006, 07:56 AM
Man I hope I never sound old and bitter.

cnc66
01-31-2006, 08:02 AM
Man I hope I never sound old and bitter.

it takes YEARS of cultivation...:goof: but it is ALWAYS better than being young and crybaby.

Alex44
01-31-2006, 08:05 AM

I dont have a poor me attitude

Its not about whining and complaining about your life to my life, now you dont get your pants flyin from a flagpole, you mess with the wrong person and your shot, you dont have to worry about bein embarassed, believe it or not crime has risen among kids, there are more school shootings, and the world is a more dangerous place

Its the world, im not complaining about it, or telling you what things were like when you were my age, you may not have had as much technology and ways to pass time, but you didnt have all the same dangerous crap to deal with either

inFINSible
01-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Young men think old men are fools, old men know young men are fools.

4evaFinz
01-31-2006, 05:50 PM
That's exactly it, I have no fear of having my pants hung from a flagpole. I'll scrap with anyone who wants to brawl. It's not about being tough anymore. It's not about being the most masculine. When you were a kid you were worried about getting hit with a belt, getting a punch in the mouth. Now I have to worry about being stabbed, or getting shot. Hell a few weeks ago a kid in my city got stabbed 6 times, because he wouldn't let a kid come into his house during a party.

cnc66
01-31-2006, 06:03 PM
men, calm down, my own son is twenty, it is fresh in my mind. Don't get all serious about some razzin' from the geezers. It's ALL in fun so lighten up. The madder you get the more we win... Here, I will give you a little pearl that will help you understand us.... The older we get, the better we were.

I had my day in the sunshine, now it's your turn. Let us hope YOU do a better job.

4evaFinz
01-31-2006, 06:10 PM
men, calm down, my own son is twenty, it is fresh in my mind. Don't get all serious about some razzin' from the geezers. It's ALL in fun so lighten up. The madder you get the more we win... Here, I will give you a little pearl that will help you understand us.... The older we get, the better we were.

I had my day in the sunshine, now it's your turn. Let us hope YOU do a better job.

HAHA, not a worry, I am laughing as much as you are. My father is the same way as the rest of you, it is something I am used to. Never any hard feelings. Just debate.

Martel
01-31-2006, 06:55 PM
Young men think old men are fools, old men know young men are fools.

True. I just don't want to be the guy going around saying it.