PDA

View Full Version : Please help me break down what teams need a QB and what QB's are available

BALLS DEEP
01-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Okay,

We need to break this down once and for all. What teams ahead of us in the draft NEED a QB. What Qb's are going to be available in FA and in the draft that would help the Phins. Let's all forget about who WANTS who. Let's just give us the facts. I'd like for us to have a list of who's available and who needs a QB that might inhibit us from picking a particular someone.

Until we do this all we have is mish mash.

Mods, could you please leave this on the Dolphins site for a while as it really pertains to us?

DOLFANMIKE
01-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Okay,

We need to break this down once and for all. What teams ahead of us in the draft NEED a QB. What Qb's are going to be available in FA and in the draft that would help the Phins. Let's all forget about who WANTS who. Let's just give us the facts. I'd like for us to have a list of who's available and who needs a QB that might inhibit us from picking a particular someone.

Until we do this all we have is mish mash.

Mods, could you please leave this on the Dolphins site for a while as it really pertains to us?
I wanted to see the same thing, thanks for making this post.

nick1
01-27-2006, 11:42 AM
best FA QB are Josh McCown and Chris Simms

teams who need a QB ahead of us are Saints, Titans, maybe the Jets, Raiders, Lions, and Cardinals

we aren't going to get Cutler unless we move to the top 10

nick1
01-27-2006, 11:44 AM
here are the FA QBs:

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/freeagents/showposition.asp?Position=QB

arsenal
01-27-2006, 11:46 AM
ok ima do it like this... an X next to their name means they could use a quarterback... a Y means that their number 1 priority should be getting a QB...

1. Houston - X
2. New Orleans - XY
3. Tennessee - XY
4. N.Y. Jets
5. Green Bay
6. Oakland - XY
7. San Francisco
8. Buffalo
9. Detroit - X
10. Arizona - XY
11. St. Louis
12. Cleveland
13. Baltimore - X
14. Philadelphia
15. Atlanta
16. Miami - XY

thats 4 Ys before our pick, meaning the chances of one of the top 3 falling to us is very minimal...

now FAs is a whole other story, arizona and dennis green could make a real push for culpepper, so could oakland, then you have phillip rivers/drew brees situation up in the air... david garrard might be a possibility for some team... and carr is a long shot...

but i think there will be at least 2 big QB moves (brees/rivers and culpepper) so that would take 2 Ys off the list and increase the probablity of one falling to us...

thats just my take on the situatoin...

Bowl_Bound
01-27-2006, 11:49 AM
I doubt Tenn will look 4 a qb in the first. Too many other holes and they have Volek.

NYinBostonFin
01-27-2006, 11:52 AM
ok ima do it like this... an X next to their name means they could use a quarterback... a Y means that their number 1 priority should be getting a QB...

1. Houston - X
2. New Orleans - XY
3. Tennessee - XY
4. N.Y. Jets
5. Green Bay
6. Oakland - XY
7. San Francisco
8. Buffalo
9. Detroit - X
10. Arizona - XY
11. St. Louis
12. Cleveland
13. Baltimore - X
14. Philadelphia
15. Atlanta
16. Miami - XY

thats 4 Ys before our pick, meaning the chances of one of the top 3 falling to us is very minimal...

now FAs is a whole other story, arizona and dennis green could make a real push for culpepper, so could oakland, then you have phillip rivers/drew brees situation up in the air... david garrard might be a possibility for some team... and carr is a long shot...

but i think there will be at least 2 big QB moves (brees/rivers and culpepper) so that would take 2 Ys off the list and increase the probablity of one falling to us...

You forgot an xy next to the jets. I think they are done counting on Pennington.

BALLS DEEP
01-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Here's who's drafting in what order.
1. Texans
2. Saints
3. Titans
4. Jets
5. Packers
6. 49ers
7. Raiders
8. Bills
9. Lions
10. Cardinals
11. Rams
12. Browns
13. Ravens
14. Eagles
15. Falcons

Now we can easily say that #5 Packers, #6 49ers, #8 Bills, #11 Rams, and #14 Eagles WON'T take a QB. They either have a solid QB or have picked up their percieved starting QB in the last few years.

So, that leaves #1 Houston, #2 Saints, #3 Titans, #4 Jets, #9 Lions, #10 Cardinals, #12 Browns, and #13 Ravens to worry about. What is the status of these teams QB situation.

Here are the questions about those teams.

#1 Houston will either keep Carr or release him and draft a QB or trade for one. So that keeps them static.

#2. Saints will probably dump Brooks in favor of drafting one of the top three Qb's.

#3 Titans. Is their Back-up going to be starter? They'll release McNair.

#4. Jets. Will they keep Pennington? How big of a hit will they take if they cut him lose? Is his arm healed?

#7. Raiders. Is Kerry Collins the answer there? Do they have someone to plug in to replace him?

#9. Lions. Is Herrington on his way out?

#10 Cardinals. I have no idea what is happening on this team.

#12 Browns. Charlie Frye?

13. Ravens. Will Kyle Boller remain?

Coral Reefer
01-27-2006, 11:54 AM

1. Houston - X
2. New Orleans - XY
3. Tennessee - XY
4. N.Y. Jets
5. Green Bay
6. Oakland - XY
7. San Francisco
8. Buffalo
9. Detroit - X
10. Arizona - XY
11. St. Louis
12. Cleveland
13. Baltimore - X
14. Philadelphia
15. Atlanta
16. Miami - XY

Why do people keep putting Oakland as potential for drafting a QB?

They drafted a kid that they are pretty high on from what I've heard and read.

Andrew Walter.

arsenal
01-27-2006, 11:54 AM
ok tennessee true, maybe its not their number 1 need, but i thin kthey should get an X at least...

and as for the Jets, i dont know, i'll give them an X but their in cap hell right now, and pumping that much money into the QB position just doesn't make sense... but i'll give them an X too..

so updated

1. Houston - X
2. New Orleans - XY
3. Tennessee - X
4. N.Y. Jets - X
5. Green Bay
6. Oakland - XY
7. San Francisco
8. Buffalo
9. Detroit - X
10. Arizona - XY
11. St. Louis
12. Cleveland
13. Baltimore - X
14. Philadelphia
15. Atlanta
16. Miami - XY

arsenal
01-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Why do people keep putting Oakland as potential for drafting a QB?

They drafted a kid that they are pretty high on from what I've heard and read.

Andrew Walter.

true, he was like a 3rd rounder... but if a big name like lienart or young fall to them, you dont think they'll take em? i'll downgrade them to an X, but i dont think they are fully comfortable at their QB position...

1. Houston - X
2. New Orleans - XY
3. Tennessee - X
4. N.Y. Jets - X
5. Green Bay
6. Oakland - X
7. San Francisco
8. Buffalo
9. Detroit - X
10. Arizona - XY
11. St. Louis
12. Cleveland
13. Baltimore - X
14. Philadelphia
15. Atlanta
16. Miami - XY

BALLS DEEP
01-27-2006, 11:58 AM
These are the FA QB's.

Anthony Wright UFA Ravens
Charlie Batch UFA Steelers
Chris Simms RFA Buccaneers
Chris Weinke UFA Panthers
Craig Nall UFA Packers
Damon Huard UFA Chiefs
Dave Ragone RFA Texans
Doug Flutie UFA Patriots
Drew Brees UFA Chargers
Jamie Martin UFA Rams
Jeff Blake UFA Bears
Jeff Garcia UFA Lions
Jesse Palmer UFA 49ers
Jon Kitna UFA Bengals
Josh McCown UFA Cardinals
Ken Dorsey RFA 49ers
Kliff Kingsbury RFA Jets
Kurt Warner UFA Cardinals
Sage Rosenfels UFA Dolphins
Seneca Wallace RFA Seahawks
Shane Matthews UFA Bills
Shaun Hill UFA Vikings
Tim Hasselbeck UFA Giants
Todd Collins UFA Chiefs
Ty Detmer UFA Falcons
Vinny Testaverde UFA Jets

CsonkaClone
01-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Needing a QB and considering the one available as worthy of your draft position are two separate things. I think it's obvious that Leinart and Young are considered worthy of a top ten pick at this time so consider them gone. The only team that I can see who absolutely needs a young QB are the Raiders. But teams like the Saints, Bills, Lions, Cards, Jets, Lions and the Titans could all take a QB...I think it would be hard for any of these teams to pass on a Leinart or Young. The question is whether any of these teams think Cutler is worth that high of a pick when they already have serviceable QB's or young QB's in development. If Cutler shines at the combine there's a good chance that he'll be gone by the time we pick. So we should probably start considering other options for our 1st pick.

Argos31
01-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Apparently Tennessee is inquiring about how far they can trade down in order to get Cutler, who by a few scouting reports I've read on the internet is the #2 player in the draft behind Bush. I think Cutler could be the greatest QB since Manning and since he was able to accomplish what he did in the SEC with no weapons around him, I highly doubt he will be a bust, and I just do not see the Dolphins being able to get him. Maybe we should fire Saban for making our team too good too fast. We should have resigned Wannstedt so we could have gotten a top 2 pick and then fired him and hired Saban this offseason so we could get Cutler.

BALLS DEEP
01-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Now let's narrow down the FA's. WHo is good enough where they would improve our QB position. Detmer, Warner, Simms, Brees I know. I don't know much about the rest.

Finfanforever
01-27-2006, 12:07 PM
My Rank in order of NEED:

1. Saints : a definite, they WILL take a QB with their 1st pick. Aaron Brooks is OUT!

2. Raiders: this will surprise some but I think their ready to move forward away from Collins. If the hire Martz, it's a definite.

3. Titans: The Titans and Jets are in a similar situation. They both have bigger needs than QB but the QB's they have are either old or have questionable injuries.

4. Jets: see #3

5. Lions: I still think it is more likely that they select the best defensive player on the board than a QB. Think...If they do select a QB, Millen all but admits he 's a failure by giving up on Harrington. I really think under that circumstance and the fact they just hired a defensive minded coach coupled with the last 3 drafts they went offense, I think they sign a FA to compete with Harrington and draft the BDPA. But that's just my theory.

6. Cardinals: Dennis Green is pretty pleased with Warner. The Cardinals problems are NOT a QB. They have other problems. They may however, make a play for Culpepper but I don't think so. Even though Warner is getting a bit old in the tooth...I think Green goes BPA and "passes" on a QB.

All that being said....I still say Cutler goes top 10. :mad:
If the Fins want him they will have to trade up. :fire:

fishfan34
01-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Also, let's remember that 5 of those teams, Houston, New Orleans, N.Y. Jets, Oakland, and Detroit will have have not only brand new coaches, but rookie coaches at that. They need to evaluate their teams and current QB's and decide if that's the key need area, or if they TRULY need to go elsewhere to upgrade the team and try and pick up a young QB (Hackney, Whitehurst) later in the draft.. They need to ask themselves if they have the time to develop Leinert, Young, or Cutler or if they need to win now. Kubiak probably looks at Carr as his best shot to win now and goes after bush, but Payton in New Orleans, Fisher in Tenessee, what direction do they go in, do they upgrade their team this year with a QB or maybe an OL or Stud Defensive player? The Jets have to decide if Pennington is going to be good to go and if so, if QB really a NEED with their first pick or is O-Line or getting someone to replace Curtis Martin.. Detroit has a Defensive coach that might go in that direction... they key is, if these guys feel they need to win now rather than later, they might go after some of the Free Agents rather than drafting a rookie who's going to probably need a year to learn the system and NFL defenses before he's ready to go.. It will be interesting. It's possible Cutler falls, or that Cutler goes to the Titans and Leinert falls, or maybe three teams to feel they need their rookie head coach to grow with a rookie QB and go after one of the big 3..

bigmiamifan
01-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Here's who's drafting in what order.
1. Texans
2. Saints
3. Titans
4. Jets
5. Packers
6. 49ers
7. Raiders
8. Bills
9. Lions
10. Cardinals
11. Rams
12. Browns
13. Ravens
14. Eagles
15. Falcons

Now we can easily say that #5 Packers, #6 49ers, #8 Bills, #11 Rams, and #14 Eagles WON'T take a QB. They either have a solid QB or have picked up their percieved starting QB in the last few years.

So, that leaves #1 Houston, #2 Saints, #3 Titans, #4 Jets, #9 Lions, #10 Cardinals, #12 Browns, and #13 Ravens to worry about. What is the status of these teams QB situation.

Here are the questions about those teams.

#1 Houston will either keep Carr or release him and draft a QB or trade for one. So that keeps them static.

#2. Saints will probably dump Brooks in favor of drafting one of the top three Qb's.

#3 Titans. Is their Back-up going to be starter? They'll release McNair.

#4. Jets. Will they keep Pennington? How big of a hit will they take if they cut him lose? Is his arm healed?

#7. Raiders. Is Kerry Collins the answer there? Do they have someone to plug in to replace him?

#9. Lions. Is Herrington on his way out?

#10 Cardinals. I have no idea what is happening on this team.

#12 Browns. Charlie Frye?

13. Ravens. Will Kyle Boller remain?

The Titans are negotiating with McNair so I doubt they'll release him.

Also, if Brooks and Pennington are released, that's two more QBs on the market, so those two teams cancel out-they release two QBs by picking up two QBs. Kollins is out of the Raiders which means another FA QB for someone. I think we only need to worry about which teams would spend such a high pick on a QB that won't start for a year or three.

bigmiamifan
01-27-2006, 12:19 PM
My Rank in order of NEED:

1. Saints : a definite, they WILL take a QB with their 1st pick. Aaron Brooks is OUT!

2. Raiders: this will surprise some but I think their ready to move forward away from Collins. If the hire Martz, it's a definite.

3. Titans: The Titans and Jets are in a similar situation. They both have bigger needs than QB but the QB's they have are either old or have questionable injuries.

4. Jets: see #3

5. Lions: I still think it is more likely that they select the best defensive player on the board than a QB. Think...If they do select a QB, Millen all but admits he 's a failure by giving up on Harrington. I really think under that circumstance and the fact they just hired a defensive minded coach coupled with the last 3 drafts they went offense, I think they sign a FA to compete with Harrington and draft the BDPA. But that's just my theory.

6. Cardinals: Dennis Green is pretty pleased with Warner. The Cardinals problems are NOT a QB. They have other problems. They may however, make a play for Culpepper but I don't think so. Even though Warner is getting a bit old in the tooth...I think Green goes BPA and "passes" on a QB.

All that being said....I still say Cutler goes top 10. :mad:
If the Fins want him they will have to trade up. :fire:

The Saints might release Brooks, but they can't start a rookie.

Raiders want a QB now, not a rookie. Maybe Brooks, Pennington, or another FA.

Titans are negotiating with McNair and have Volek.

The Jets have Pennington and that young guy and now a new coach.

Lions have Harrington and a new coach who may or may not like Harrington.

Cards have Warner and maybe make a play for Culpepper

So there aren't many teams before us who would take a QB in my less then highly knowledgeable opinion.

nick1
01-27-2006, 12:26 PM
the Browns found their future QB in Charlie Frye but there's still alot of teams in front of us who need a QB

nick1
01-27-2006, 12:29 PM
we must trade up to get Jay Cutler if he is our man, otherwise we must wait till the 2nd or 3rd for Whitehurst, Jacobs or Croyle

finresurrection
01-27-2006, 12:33 PM
1. Texans take Bush
2. Saints take Young due to ineffective OL which will need a scrambler
3. Titans take D'Brick in a surprise
4. Jets fans will NOT let them pass on Leinart even if they want to.
5. Packers - Hawk
6. 49ers - def (Jimmy Williams)
7. Raiders - ?cutler, more likely to go Def
8. Bills - Def (Ngata)
9. Lions - Def or Millen is finally run out of town
10. Cardinals - if McCown is not resigned, Cutler goes here. 2 years or less behind Warner and he's ready. McCown resigns, then they go OL of LenDale White
11. Rams - need defense and OL
12. Browns - LB (Greenway)
13. Ravens - ?QB - Cutler if is here, otherwise Huff
14. Eagles
15. Falcons

BALLS DEEP
01-27-2006, 12:33 PM
What I'm trying to do is figure out whether we'll get a top flight QB either in FA or the draft. It looks like up to 9 teams ahead of us could conceivably take a QB. Some won't, some will take a FA. But the teams drafting behind us could affect the FA signings as well. So, that's another 15 teams to worry about. Of those teams. Seattle is set, Cincinatti is set, Chicago is set, Minnesota is set, Jacksonville is set, Dallas is set, Pittsburgh is set, Tampa is set, Carolina, New England, Indy, San Diego, Kansas City, New York, Redskins, all seem to be set. So, I guess we don't have to worry about the teams behind us.

PhinKev
01-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Interesting Thread:

I'll play.

I'd say likely QB teams are:

Saints, Lions, Cards

But, if Cutler falls enough, someone will go up and get him. This Rivers thing is definitely happening now. I'd guess we are looking at Croyle now.

Fish-Head
01-27-2006, 01:08 PM
I think McCown is our best FA option... I am not sold on McNair being healthy.

Just read nfl.com that Culpepper is not going anywhere... I think texans keep Carr and draft Bush... Rivers/Brees too expensive... So the trade options are pretty slim...

There is no possible way Cutler makes it to us. Out of the question... Saban covets draft picks more than 'prospect' QB's... Say what you want, Cutler has not played a down in the show so he remains a question mark. (I would argue that Brady Quinn is a more complete QB anyway, check the stats 64.9% CP, 32 TD's and he is also 6'4... with another year left in college! Far superior numbers to Cutler's junior or senior year. So you might as well pray for Quinn in a year's time for all the good it will do u. We won't get him either.) In the draft Look at Croyle, Whitehurst, Jacobs and Shockley... All raw coachable talents.

lastly... Why is everyone so upset that we might with our 16th pick get an excellent LB, CB or OL..? Someone who can step in right away! Cutler is 2 years from calling signals for anyone.

Nick13
01-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Here's my take.

1. Texans-Bush, he's the most explosive player in the draft. he'll go one or two.
2. Saints- Leinart. They tried the mobile, scrabmling somewhat inconsistent QB in Brooks, they go a different direction.
3. Titans-Possibly Cutler, but i think they have bigger needs and go defense here
4. Jets- To me the Jets are a ?, i doubt they take a top flight QB considering their cap situation and Pennington, they might go after a young FA QB to compete with Pennington (LenDale White maybe?)
5. Packers - Drafted Aaron Rodgers last year, they go defense.
6. 49ers - drafted Alex Smith. they go Defense since there are no RB's worthy of #6 Pick (IMO, If White is gone)
7. Raiders - Drafted Andrew Walters last year, they like his big frame and strong arm, they develop him.
8. Bills - Bills go defensive line or linebacker, they need someone to stop the run.
9. Lions - they draft a wide reciever. ok, just kidding, Matt Millen would be shot. but they dont go QB either, they give Harrington one more shot.
10. Cardinals - D'Brickashaw Ferguson. i dont care if you put Marino circa '84 behind that line with Mike Vicks speed, he's gonna get sacked 5 times a game.
11. Rams - Set with Bulger at QB, they go defense, or possibly O Line
12. Browns - Browns probably pick defense here, i'm thinking Greenway
13. Ravens - they may take Cutler, however, i think they will try to fix through FA, they want someone who can start and lead now, they have a playoff caliber defense, a pro bowl running back and a good young WR, they want to make that push now. not 2 or 3 years from now.
14. Eagles-McNabb
15. Falcons-Vick

That leaves us with a possibility of taking Cutler, Especially if Young slips outside the top 5, which i could see happening, i know Kiper is high on him, but you have to look at Need as well, Tennesee may take a shot at him, but if Tennesee and NY pass on Young, i say our chances at Cutler go up exponetially, especially because people with be moving up to get Young. with three teams ahead of us with the possibility of taking Cutler. However, listen to this THEORY: Saban shows enough interest at this point to draft Cutler at 16, but not move up to get him. Tennesee trades down to about maybe 12. watch to see if Saban doesnt then jump in and wrangle a deal to move up to 9 or 10, so essentially the Titans end up screwedand we make away with Cutler. i think Saban is not opposed to trading up, but i think he is going to wait to see if Tennesee moves down and then try to move ahead of them. moving up now just makes things easier on Tennesee. also keep in mind Rivers OR Brees will be gone, and if McCown is resigned to me that says the Cardinals see him as the future so they dont go QB, but if he is not, that might open the door for him somewhere else for a team above us. and there is always the Culpepper possibility. Dont rule Cutler out yet!

Kobe
01-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Whats up with Patrick Ramsey?

Dolphalou
01-27-2006, 01:56 PM
IMO here are three scenario that could happen here they are in order of preference:

Draft a QB in the 1st round, but I'm afraid that at 16th, with Leinart, Cutler and Young gone, we wont get any QB that could have more upside than Lemon (unless Quinn declares himself eligible for 06 or if we can move up with Madison or Ricky as bait). We keep Gus

We could get a "young" veteran QB (Brooks or Ramsey or McCown) and sign Couch (if he is 100% he has a lot of upside) and let them battle with for the starting job Thanks and bye bye Gus

Carr could be a solution if we could get him for Ricky and a swap of draft pick (Miami 1st Houston 2nd) we keep GUS as the backup.

With Mueller, Capers and Saban I trust their judgement for what is the best scenario .......

Miami_Dolphins
01-27-2006, 02:14 PM
1. Houston-Kubiack likes Carr, will take Reggie Bush
2. New Orleans-Obviously need a QB, dont want to take a player like Brooks again, will probably take Matt Leinart
3. Tennessee-Volek is a possible answer, but with such a high pick, and Vince Young on the board, they'll take him.
4. N.Y. Jets-They have stated that they will keep Pennington, don't remember where that was said but I remember hearing it. They still believe in Fiedler, and Bollinger has a shot after all the time he got. They may go with LenDale White to get Martin's back-up.
5. Green Bay-Rodgers is their man, and they will probably take AJ Hawk.
6. Oakland- They will make a strong run at Culpepper or Rivers. They will probably go with defensive help, probably Mario Williams
7. San Francisco- Offensive line, they dont need a QB. Winston Justice.
8. Buffalo-Odds are they are content with their QB situation. They may be a team that goes after Mccown. I see them taking maybe a TE, lineman, or WR.
9. Detroit- Harrington and Garcia are good there. They'll look at defense.
10. Arizona- Might be the team that takes Jay Cutler. Dennis Green seems like a guy that'll take him, and have warner teach him the ropes. If not, they will again, look on defense, perhaps Chad Greenway.
11. St. Louis- Bulgers the man there, no QB controversy.
12. Cleveland- another possible suitor for Cutler, but they have more problems than just QB. They may give Frye another shot, and bring in a veteran, or Mccown.
13. Baltimore-They might take Cutler if he's there, as well. Boller had a nice end of the year, and i think they stick with him, an try and get some WRs.
14. Philadelphia-Mcnabb is the man.
15. Atlanta-Vick is the man, they'll look at Michael Huff.
16. Miami-If Saban thinks its a wise move, he'll take Jay Cutler. if not, probably a lineman.

There you go. Maybe 3-4 possible places for cutler to go before us. Theres a shot.

BigDogsHunt
01-27-2006, 02:18 PM
1. Houston-Kubiack likes Carr, will take Reggie Bush
2. New Orleans-Obviously need a QB, dont want to take a player like Brooks again, will probably take Matt Leinart
3. Tennessee-Volek is a possible answer, but with such a high pick, and Vince Young on the board, they'll take him.
4. N.Y. Jets-They have stated that they will keep Pennington, don't remember where that was said but I remember hearing it. They still believe in Fiedler, and Bollinger has a shot after all the time he got. They may go with LenDale White to get Martin's back-up.
5. Green Bay-Rodgers is their man, and they will probably take AJ Hawk.
6. Oakland- They will make a strong run at Culpepper or Rivers. They will probably go with defensive help, probably Mario Williams
7. San Francisco- Offensive line, they dont need a QB. Winston Justice.
8. Buffalo-Odds are they are content with their QB situation. They may be a team that goes after Mccown. I see them taking maybe a TE, lineman, or WR.
9. Detroit- Harrington and Garcia are good there. They'll look at defense.
10. Arizona- Might be the team that takes Jay Cutler. Dennis Green seems like a guy that'll take him, and have warner teach him the ropes. If not, they will again, look on defense, perhaps Chad Greenway.
11. St. Louis- Bulgers the man there, no QB controversy.
12. Cleveland- another possible suitor for Cutler, but they have more problems than just QB. They may give Frye another shot, and bring in a veteran, or Mccown.
13. Baltimore-They might take Cutler if he's there, as well. Boller had a nice end of the year, and i think they stick with him, an try and get some WRs.
14. Philadelphia-Mcnabb is the man.
15. Atlanta-Vick is the man, they'll look at Michael Huff.
16. Miami-If Saban thinks its a wise move, he'll take Jay Cutler. if not, probably a lineman.

There you go. Maybe 3-4 possible places for cutler to go before us. Theres a shot.

If Oakland or Ariz trade for Culpepper, Minn could move up if the 1st rounders swap and are part of it and grab QB.

Miami_Dolphins
01-27-2006, 02:21 PM
i dont see eithier actually getting culpepper, no one will wanna pay the price with this draft class

Coral Reefer
01-27-2006, 02:43 PM
If Oakland or Ariz trade for Culpepper, Minn could move up if the 1st rounders swap and are part of it and grab QB.

Interesting additon, I had not thought of that one.
Minny looks more and more like a "rebuilding" team as well. A type of team that would be more willing to draft a rookie QB to also start right away.

dolphingator
01-28-2006, 10:56 AM
I am very afraid at this point that getting Cutler past the Raiders will be impossible. He feels like a Raider kind of draft pick.

We better pull out the checkbook and make Rivers or Brees or Ramsey an offer they can't refuse. Until we make QB TOP priority the rest of the league is gonna write us off as contenders. They know we don't care about QB and we have fans that would rather we throw any lemon in there rather than go for someone with actual talent. We keep wanting to go cheap at QB and hope we find a sleeper. It isn't happening. Don't mention brady, he is overrated anyway.

mbsinmisc
01-28-2006, 01:52 PM
I am very afraid at this point that getting Cutler past the Raiders will be impossible. He feels like a Raider kind of draft pick.

We better pull out the checkbook and make Rivers or Brees or Ramsey an offer they can't refuse. Until we make QB TOP priority the rest of the league is gonna write us off as contenders. They know we don't care about QB and we have fans that would rather we throw any lemon in there rather than go for someone with actual talent. We keep wanting to go cheap at QB and hope we find a sleeper. It isn't happening. Don't mention brady, he is overrated anyway.

Al Davis is impossible to predict. I think he favors veteran QB's, but the man wears white leather sweatsuits so you know he has lost his marbles