PDA

View Full Version : honest opinion

les dauphins
01-27-2006, 08:41 PM
hey guys with all this draft talk goin around I was wondering, i'm currently playing hockey but I don't think I have a future in the sport just for fun me and some friends did like our own combine and everyone seemed impressed that I could run the 40 yard dash in about 4.5 seconds, i've never played organized football before but I have the best arm of all my friends and am just 20 years old, I know it's stupid but what are my chances of possibly making it in the sport

ABrownLamp
01-27-2006, 08:51 PM
unfortunately, in football, you hardly ever run straight. There are all kinds of other intangibles involved in being a goof player.

mor911
01-27-2006, 09:22 PM
There's so much more to it than 40 times. Fundementals of the game, hands, reads... Jeez, there's just so much to learn.

DolphinDevil28
01-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Don't let anyone tell you what you can't do.

Go for it. There's only one way to find out.

Fin Fan in Cali
01-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Bro give a shot what do you have to lose? Put your heart into, and go for it. At least you can say you tried Brother!:beerbang:

wpgfishfan
01-27-2006, 09:55 PM
The best football in Canada is usually played in Quebec so you should go talk to one of the university coaches down their to get their opinion

HysterikiLL
01-28-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm working on my 40 time for when they have those 10 second commercial breaks during the Super Bowl, as the kitchen is no where near the TV. Weight training and resistance will also help my hauling back beer and Nacho's to the couch.

Mmmm, Nachos.

FinFan72
01-28-2006, 12:39 AM
I'm working on my 40 time for when they have those 10 second commercial breaks during the Super Bowl, as the kitchen is no where near the TV. Weight training and resistance will also help my hauling back beer and Nacho's to the couch.

Mmmm, Nachos.

:lol: i'm with ya dude :jt0323:

Coral Reefer
01-28-2006, 12:44 AM
hey guys with all this draft talk goin around I was wondering, i'm currently playing hockey but I don't think I have a future in the sport just for fun me and some friends did like our own combine and everyone seemed impressed that I could run the 40 yard dash in about 4.5 seconds, i've never played organized football before but I have the best arm of all my friends and am just 20 years old, I know it's stupid but what are my chances of possibly making it in the sport

No one here can tell you anything about your chances of making it in the sport.

The ONLY way you will know is to strap on the cleats and start trying to learn the sport.

You have a lot of catching up to do however.
Starting at 20 years old isn't that young.

Metal Panda
01-28-2006, 11:33 AM
There's so much more to it than 40 times. Fundementals of the game, hands, reads... Jeez, there's just so much to learn.

OMG DEWD I DUN CAR IF HE KANT PLAY, 40 TIMEZ R IT!!!!