PDA

View Full Version : Guess what WW2 game will blow COD2 out of the water.

Majpain
01-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Oh you know it will. (http://www.redorchestragame.com/)

Fight in the theatre of war that changed the world forever. Battle alongside your compatriots on some of the most inhospitable environments of the Eastern Front in Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 RO places you in the most realistic WWII first-person multi-player combat to date on the PC, allowing the player to fight through some of the most intense combat of the war. You can play as infantry, using a wide range of infantry weapons, or crew one of the many armoured combat vehicles available in the game, from half-tracks all the way through to the most famous German and Soviet heavy tanks. You can engage the enemy with everything from your bayonet at close quarters up to the massive 122mm cannon on the Soviet IS-2. And if that isn't enough, find an officer and a radio to call in thunderous artillery strikes to shake the enemy loose.

Key Features

Fight intense battles on 13 authentic Eastern Front combat environments

Crew 14 fully realized vehicles with highly detailed exterior and interior models

Choose from 28 authentic infantry weapons

Full 32 player online Multiplayer Support

Unique Setting – the only FPS to focus on the WWII Russian Front

Engage enemy tanks at 800 metres and more with the Simulation-level armored vehicle combat

Fight the full range of combined arms infantry and vehicle combat in detailed environments based on real-world data, from city-centre to deeply rural settings

Realistic bullet and projectile ballistics will make you duck for cover

Coordinate strategies with your team-mates via Voice Over IP

Authentic Immersive Sound FX and 3d Positional Sound System

3d “Iron Sights” and unique 3d scope system

True weapon deployment system including resting rifles on support

Historically accurate artillery system

Distance-based sound system dynamically creates the battle ambiance

Advanced player movement system featuring diving over obstacles and leaning

Custom 8 way animation system for highly realistic player animations
No Crosshairs :).Btw it won MOTY on UT2K4.

CharlestonPhan
01-27-2006, 10:19 PM
when is it due out?

Agua
01-27-2006, 11:01 PM
I've played prior iterations of RO. It's pretty much MP only. Are there any servers still spinning it?

Bruzer
01-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Very few servers left and year RO will beat cod on the mutliplayer aspect. The ww2 im curious how will turn out is Medal of Honor : Airborne (next gen systems) its a fully free roam world no more linear gameplay. You get to control parachute and land wherever you want and you and whoever you can find in the scattered dropzone will help you fight for an objective pretty cool sounding.

Majpain
01-27-2006, 11:40 PM
There are about 3-4 servers for the mod that are always filled up.It's coming out in March (hopefully).

Agua
01-27-2006, 11:43 PM
Personally, I'm looking forward to BIS' Armed Assault (the new OpFP). The WW2 addons in existence are supposed to port over to the new game.

Majpain
01-28-2006, 12:25 AM
I have no Doubt that RO-41-45 will be a very good game.It will be intresting to see how well Game sites treat it.But yes it really is a MP game.Highly addicting.

Agua
01-28-2006, 12:29 AM
Oh yeah, on the realism - arcade spectrum, it pegs the needle.

Majpain
01-28-2006, 12:50 AM
Oh yeah, on the realism - arcade spectrum, it pegs the needle.

I'm confused :confused:

Agua
01-28-2006, 01:16 AM
Put RO on one end of the shooter spectrum and Counterstrike on the other.

Majpain
01-28-2006, 01:25 AM
Put RO on one end of the shooter spectrum and Counterstrike on the other.

LOL gotcha.Didn't get it at first.They are putting it out on Steam but also selling it in stores.Its starting at 30 bucks in stores.

Tripwire (http://www.tripwireinteractive.com/)

PeaTearGriffin
01-28-2006, 03:24 AM
i am going to have to look into this game...i looked it up after you mentioned it in anoter thread...i'm a huge WWII fps fan...but never got to play this one because i didn't have URT2004, a couple questions though 1. is it a tank hog game, where the only thing people do is fight in tanks(one of the main things i hated with COD:UO). 2. how strategic is it? do you actually have a commander who gives orders or do most people just play all for yourself?

Bruzer
01-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Tanks were not in the first RO so we have no idea this is a new feature.

Majpain
01-28-2006, 01:09 PM
i am going to have to look into this game...i looked it up after you mentioned it in anoter thread...i'm a huge WWII fps fan...but never got to play this one because i didn't have URT2004, a couple questions though 1. is it a tank hog game, where the only thing people do is fight in tanks(one of the main things i hated with COD:UO). 2. how strategic is it? do you actually have a commander who gives orders or do most people just play all for yourself?

no its not a tank hog game..playing with public people is hard with all the noobs.My advice is to get in a clan and have 8 on 8 clan matches they are really kick ***.You can give orders but if the people are noobs they won't listen.There are diffrent Roles

Komander
smg
mg
sniper
semi auto rifle
saper
Rifle

Komander gives out orders and objectives can be caped faster.

Majpain
01-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Does anyone play the mod?

ibemacin
01-29-2006, 01:32 AM
None of the 42 shooters will ever be greater than battlefield 1942

Majpain
01-29-2006, 12:15 PM
BF42 had great gameplay very fun.I think Ostfront will prove to be the best WW2 game on the market.

Majpain
02-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Updated website with more pics.

Majpain
03-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Update!!!!

It comes out on steam on the 14th!!! preorder it now for 25 bucks.I have been playing the closed beta and this game kicks arse.If you like realsim you have to get this.